The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

LETTER TO PORTUGAL: The Disappearance of Madeleine McCann: New evidence of what happened to her

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: LETTER TO PORTUGAL: The Disappearance of Madeleine McCann: New evidence of what happened to her

Post by Verdi on 18.06.18 23:09

As I said the letter, carefully constructed by the MMRG and associates, has been sent to the Portuguese authorities and receipt acknowledged - we can only hope they think there is sufficient merit to re-investigate with the new evidence provided..

It's now a waiting game.

Moderator/Researcher

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: LETTER TO PORTUGAL: The Disappearance of Madeleine McCann: New evidence of what happened to her

Post by Yorkshirgel on 27.06.18 13:31

If 'there was no Remit'  Why does this website describe it as such?

[size=11]Quote:   Despite the findings of the Portuguese Police, Operation Grange was given a [color=#ff3300]remit [/color]by the Home Office to investigate Madeleine's disappearance 'as though the abduction occurred in the UK'  Unquote[/size]

If the British police are not allowed to investigate but only to advise why are our policemen out there in Portugal.  Why has £12 million been spent on this case when other children have gone missing since this happened?

What are our policemen doing out there?
Yorkshirgel

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by JRP on 27.06.18 14:34

What are our police doing in Portugal?

Catching the sun, having a beer
Taking the p*ss
Wasting our money
Looking for somebody in purple
Wondering how their pension is doing
Wondering if Sky News has any vacancies for crime experts

Do they go to Portugal? Do they actually get this money allocated to them?
Who knows!

JRP

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Verdi on 27.06.18 15:33

@Yorkshirgel wrote:If 'there was no Remit'  Why does this website describe it as such?

Quote:   Despite the findings of the Portuguese Police, Operation Grange was given a by the Home Office to investigate Madeleine's disappearance 'as though the abduction occurred in the UK'  Unquote

If the British police are not allowed to investigate but only to advise why are our policemen out there in Portugal.  Why has £12 million been spent on this case when other children have gone missing since this happened?

If I may remind you Yorkshirgel, your initial words were .... " Why were the British police in Portugal given a 'Remit' to investigate only what was in the Remit and nothing else."  Your quote above relates to the function of Operation Grange, which I explained following your last post on the subject.

You appear to be still confusing the presence of British police in Portugal from the beginning of the PJ investigation until the McCanns returned to the UK in September 2007, having been made arguidos.

Operation Grange was established years later in May 2011, ostensibly to coordinate and review all documentation relating to the alleged disappearance of Madeleine McCann.  For some unexplained reason, two years later in May 2013, the so called-review was up-graded to a full blown investigation - this move I suggest was/is quasi illegal,  The UK police are not in a position to investigate the case of missing Madeleine McCann, they can only assist the Portuguese who retain primacy.

Why and how is something many people interested in seeing a satisfactory conclusion to this case,  have been questioning since May 2011 - without result I might add.

However, to keep this important thread on track as I previously said, the letter to, carefully presented by the MMRG and associates, has been sent to the Portuguese authorities and receipt acknowledged - we can only hope they think there is sufficient merit to re-investigate with the new evidence provided..

It's now a waiting game.

ETA: If you wish to continue the discussion about OperationGrange, this is as good a place as any ..

https://jillhavern.forumotion.net/t11371-met-police-operation-grange-bollocks-or-not-bollocks?highlight=operation+grange

Moderator/Researcher

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Time frame

Post by ROSA on 27.07.18 13:59

I know it is a waiting game but is there a time frame ? just how long will we wait ? could someone please tell me when this letter was sent ? bow2

And he adds: "In reality, when the McCanns went to Oprah's Show, the blanket was mentioned. At a given moment, when Oprah tells Kate that she heard her mention a blanket several times, Kate argued that a mother who misses a child always wants to know if she is comfortable, if she is warm, and added, referring to Maddie, that sometimes she asked herself if the person who had taken her would cover her up with her little blanket (but the blanket was on the bed after Maddie, supposedly, disappeared!!!).
ROSA

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Verdi on 27.07.18 15:32

@ROSA wrote:I know it is a waiting game but is there a time frame ? just how long will we wait ? could someone please tell me when this letter was sent ? bow2

A LETTER TO DRª JOANA MARQUES VIDAL, CHIEF PROSECUTOR, PORTUGAL, 28 FEBRUARY 2018, FROM MMRG

https://jillhavern.forumotion.net/t14979-letter-to-portugal-the-disappearance-of-madeleine-mccann-new-evidence-of-what-happened-to-her

I understand the Portuguese judicial process is notoriously slow. 

It is a waiting game, any up-dates will be reported on the forum as and when.

Moderator/Researcher

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ROSA on 28.07.18 0:48

Thank you Verdi. Justice for Madeleine bravo The excellent letter shows the dedication and hard work of the forum.

And he adds: "In reality, when the McCanns went to Oprah's Show, the blanket was mentioned. At a given moment, when Oprah tells Kate that she heard her mention a blanket several times, Kate argued that a mother who misses a child always wants to know if she is comfortable, if she is warm, and added, referring to Maddie, that sometimes she asked herself if the person who had taken her would cover her up with her little blanket (but the blanket was on the bed after Maddie, supposedly, disappeared!!!).
ROSA

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Verdi on 28.07.18 0:57

Indeed it does - and thus deserves pride of place on CMoMM. 

So, if it's all the same with you, I'll merge this thread of yours to keep it up-front.

thumbsup

Moderator/Researcher

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum