The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Hello!

A very warm welcome to The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann forum.

Please log in, or register to view all the forums, then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann. Please note that your username should be different from your email address!

Many thanks,

Jill Havern
Forum owner

WHATEVER HAPPENED TO SERGEY MALINKA? - The man close to Robert Murat questioned by police in 2007 and again in 2013 about the Madeleine Mccann case

View previous topic View next topic Go down

WHATEVER HAPPENED TO SERGEY MALINKA? - The man close to Robert Murat questioned by police in 2007 and again in 2013 about the Madeleine Mccann case

Post by Tony Bennett on 03.02.16 12:21

Whatever happened to Sergey Malinka?

What did we know about him?

He was the friend of Robert Murat who was questioned as a witness, not as a suspect, by the Portuguese Police on 16 May 2007, the day after Robert Murat was declared a suspect.



 

He was interviewed on TV the day after he was questioned. HideHo (who else?) has preserved this for us on one of her videos:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-SXXXpqJljA 

In this video he claimed that his contacts with Robert Murat had been ‘purely professional’. He maintained that he was merely an I.T. consultant who was helping Murat design his website.

One has to be careful when writing about Sergey Malinka. After all, months after he was pulled in for questioning, various print and TV media agreed to pay him a reputed £100,000-plus in damages for having libelled him in the previous months. In the same settlement, Robert Murat also received a handy £600,000, and Murat’s soon wife-to-be Michaela Walczuk also got £100,000-plus in damages.

Part of the interest around Sergey Malinka centred around what was found on his computer. The PJ report on his computer said that “...nothing was found of relevance for the case”. Yet when they examined 27 ‘optical disks’ [CD ROM] belonging to Malinka, these were found to contain pornography ‘and, in one disk, bestiality’.  That may be of no relevance to the disappearance of Madeleine McCann, but it is at least worthy of note that his friend Robert Murat was said by one witness in the case, Carlos Costa,  who knew him well, to have committed more than one act of bestiality as a teenager.  

It was also widely reported that he had wiped clean the hard drive of his personal computer, which contained hundreds of files known only to him, before the police seized his computer.  That raised the question of how  Malinka found out that the police were going to visit him.  

In its edition of 7 August 2007, the online magazine Variedad claimed that Malinka had a criminal background related to paedophilia, and that his relationship with Robert Murat was based on common business interests connected to child trafficking - allegations both of them strenuously denied.  

Both he and Murat said they did not remember speaking to each other on the day Madeleine disappeared - but PJ records proved that they did, late in the evening, on a number of occasions. Moreover, Mrs Murat confirmed that both men had met and talked at length with each other both before and after the disappearance of Madeleine McCann.

Malinka claimed that he had been designing a website for Murat for several months and had met to discuss the project several times in a variety of different places. There are elements of the story that suggest that this was an improbable explanation for the number of times they met.     

Also, neither could initially remember having a meeting during the week of 28 April to 3 May. But they did, as they both later admitted, probably on the day Murat jetted back to Praia da Luz - Tuesday 1 May 2007. Malinka’s evidence was that Murat contacted him on Sunday 29 April and they met to discuss the website on Monday 30 April. If, as now seems certain, Malinka and Murat met up on Tuesday 1 May, and if we accept Malinka’s evidence that Murat ’phoned him the day before they met, then Murat must have ’phoned him England on the Monday. That is clearly of great interest to anyone analysing closely the events of Sunday 29 April and Monday 30 April.    

Malinka admitted having helped to format Mrs Jennifer Murat’s [Robert Murat’s mother] computer in 2003, but denied actually knowing Robert Murat until 2006.




It was to ‘make her computer run faster and install anti-virus software’. He said he’d been working for a company called ‘125 computers’ at the time, but had been forced to leave after his salary wasn’t  paid. So he set up his own computer business which, however, had no internet presence because, he said, it was too expensive.  

Malinka and his parents – of Russian and Moldovan origin - had settled in Praia da Luz in 2000. Malinka had since become a Portuguese citizen.

On 20 March 2008, Malinka’s car was torched and burnt out. The word ‘FALA’ [Portuguese for ‘Talk’] had been sprayed on the ground nearby. Malinka’s car had been torched twice before – though before 3 May 2007.

Malinka was also employed as a ‘trip organiser’ by the ‘Corlett Lines Company’ who owned a yacht, the ‘Naomi Corlett’.  It was reported that this yacht left Portimao in the early afternoon of 3 May 2007 and headed towards the marina in Lagos, near Praia da Luz. AFAIK this account was never confirmed.

Malinka was reported as using several different aliases: Nick Legaloff, Nikolai Fedorenko, Ivan Nikolayevich Petrov, and maybe others.  

What’s he doing these days?

Although he reportedly vanished from Praia da Luz soon after he was questioned, it seems he returned soon afterwards. 

Back in 2013, Malinka, now 29, was once again summoned for questioning by DCI Redwood’s team of crack Scotland Yard detectives. He was interviewed at Faro on 2 and 3 July. Murat was quoted at the time as saying that Malinka was ‘a hardworking and nice guy’ and that treating Malinka as a suspect was ‘disgusting and ridiculous’.

References: ‘Sergey Malinka: 5 Fast Facts You Need to Know’, published 12:20 pm EST, July 2, 2014 Updated 3:40 pm EST, April 17, 2015

http://heavy.com/news/2014/07/sergey-malinka-madeline-mccann-suspect/ 


Today Malinka is a confident businessman who owns a property business on the Algarve based near the Boa Vista golf course:

http://livealgarve.com/property/37 

____________________

"This is a faithful saying, and worthy of all acceptation, that Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners" - Paul's first letter to his disciple Timothy,  1 Timothy 1 v 15

avatar
Tony Bennett

Posts : 14700
Reputation : 2832
Join date : 2009-11-25
Age : 70
Location : Shropshire

Back to top Go down

Re: WHATEVER HAPPENED TO SERGEY MALINKA? - The man close to Robert Murat questioned by police in 2007 and again in 2013 about the Madeleine Mccann case

Post by NickE on 03.02.16 14:39

Thank you Tony.
Do we know what time Mr Murat was in contact with Malinka on Sunday April 29?

____________________
When asked if people will ever learn what really happened, Mr Amaral responded: “Yes, we will, when MI5 opens the case files, we will find out".
avatar
NickE

Posts : 1005
Reputation : 314
Join date : 2013-10-27
Age : 42

Back to top Go down

Re: WHATEVER HAPPENED TO SERGEY MALINKA? - The man close to Robert Murat questioned by police in 2007 and again in 2013 about the Madeleine Mccann case

Post by Tony Bennett on 03.02.16 17:29

NickE wrote:
Tony Bennett wrote:Whatever happened to Sergey Malinka?

Also, neither could initially remember having a meeting during the week of 28 April to 3 May. But they did, as they both later admitted, probably on the day Murat jetted back to Praia da Luz - Tuesday 1 May 2007. Malinka’s evidence was that Murat contacted him on Sunday 29 April and they met to discuss the website on Monday 30 April. If, as now seems certain, Malinka and Murat met up on Tuesday 1 May, and if we accept Malinka’s evidence that Murat ’phoned him the day before they met, then Murat must have ’phoned him England on the Monday. That is clearly of great interest to anyone analysing closely the events of Sunday 29 April and Monday 30 April.   
Thank you Tony.
Do we know what time Mr Murat was in contact with Malinka on Sunday April 29?
Thank you @ NickE for probing this very important subject.

It is a long time since I looked at this aspect of the case in detail, so please bear with me. 

The very first thing to make clear is that when he says that Robert Murat 'contacted me on Sunday 29 April' and that they 'met to discuss the website on Monday 30 April' Sergey Malinka's evidence cannot possibly be correct.

And that's because Robert Murat didn't arrive in Portugal, from England, until his flight from Exeter to Faro landed at around 9.00am on Tuesday, 1 May. 

So this is how I think his evidence should be interpreted:

1. He was mistaken about meeting Murat on Monday 30 April.

2. He probably meant to say Tuesday 1 May.

3. If so, it is clear that the two men met sometime on Tuesday 1 May, the day Murat returned to Portugal (in haste, I continue to say). 

4. If he recollects speaking to Murat one day, and then meeting him the very next day, then this would mean that he spoke to Murat during Monday 30 April.    

5. Murat was still in England for the whole of Monday 30 April

6.  We therefore have Malinka and Murat speaking to each other on Monday 30th April and sitting down together for face-to-face chat on Tuesday 1st May.   

7.  One issue we have in this case is why Murat chose to take an early morning flight from England, leaving home at 5.00am in the early morning.

8. There has been evidence in the case that Michaela Walczuk said she had spoken to Murat on Monday and asked him to return to Praia da Luz immediately because she was getting highly impatient for his divorce to come through. Now we have evidence that Malinka and Murat also spoke to each other the day before he flew over.

9. We don't know for certain if an exactly when these two calls were made nor of course can we verify what was said in either of them.

____________________

"This is a faithful saying, and worthy of all acceptation, that Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners" - Paul's first letter to his disciple Timothy,  1 Timothy 1 v 15

avatar
Tony Bennett

Posts : 14700
Reputation : 2832
Join date : 2009-11-25
Age : 70
Location : Shropshire

Back to top Go down

Re: WHATEVER HAPPENED TO SERGEY MALINKA? - The man close to Robert Murat questioned by police in 2007 and again in 2013 about the Madeleine Mccann case

Post by Verdi on 14.03.16 22:56

@TonyBennett wrote: 



Part of the interest around Sergey Malinka centred around what was found on his computer. The PJ report on his computer said that “...nothing was found of relevance for the case”. Yet when they examined 27 ‘optical disks’ [CD ROM] belonging to Malinka, these were found to contain pornography ‘and, in one disk, bestiality’.  That may be of no relevance to the disappearance of Madeleine McCann, but it is at least worthy of note that his friend Robert Murat was said by one witness in the case, Carlos Costa,  who knew him well, to have committed more than one act of bestiality as a teenager.  

It was also widely reported that he had wiped clean the hard drive of his personal computer, which contained hundreds of files known only to him, before the police seized his computer.  That raised the question of how
 Malinka found out that the police were going to visit him.  
----------

Background information on Robert Murat  [snipped].

04-Volume IV, pp. 995 to 1001 
Minister of Justice
POLICIA JUDICIARIA
Portimao Department of Criminal Investigation
NUIPC – 201/07/07/0 GALGS

It is also stressed that some of the routes taken by foot by Madeleine and her family, went through the locale where he lives. It is further added that reported in the present investigation is anonymous information, alerting us to the eventuality of the abductor being found in a residence of the locale in proximity to block 5, and the same accesses various sites of a sexual nature, trading, inclusively, encrypted communications.
-----------



05-Processo, Volume V, pages 1170-1178  [sniped]..

WITNESS STATEMENT OF ARGUIDO: ROBERT MURAT

Date: 2007/05/14; Time: 10:00;  Location: DIC Portimao
Officer: Joao C. and Luis P., Inspectors

He said he had pornography on the computer. He has pictures with women over 18 years. He has no photographs of men. Just naked women, not sexually explicit, not remembering if they were using phallic objects. He has no record of violent sex, or sadomasochism or submission. He does not have images of rape, or fetishes with children or animals. He does not use an encrypted external server or encrypted content.

Asked if he would use strong encryption in the Internet browser, [he said] he does not use encrypted communications on the Internet and in his computer system. That he does not use nor has encrypted data in his systems, nor used enciphering to mask, hide or to prevent access to data contained in his systems. Asked if he uses encryption or enciphering in e-mail communications, he declared: that he did not know what it is or how to use encryption. Asked about how he could justify the presence of several encrypted or enciphered files, of credentials to access programs, in his systems, seeing he is an experienced user with more than ten years in the use of personal computers and no-one else had access to his network without authorization, he said: "I would not know how to justify that."

http://www.mccannpjfiles.co.uk/PJ/ROBERT-MURAT.htm

----------

In this video he claimed that his contacts with Robert Murat had been ‘purely professional’. He maintained that he was merely an I.T. consultant who was helping Murat design his website.



____________________
The secret of life is honesty and fair dealing. If you can fake that, you've got it made" - Groucho Marx
avatar
Verdi
Moderator

Posts : 6406
Reputation : 3503
Join date : 2015-02-02

Back to top Go down

Re: WHATEVER HAPPENED TO SERGEY MALINKA? - The man close to Robert Murat questioned by police in 2007 and again in 2013 about the Madeleine Mccann case

Post by Tony Bennett on 14.03.16 23:29

Verdi wrote:http://www.mccannpjfiles.co.uk/PJ/ROBERT-MURAT.htm
----------

In this video he claimed that his contacts with Robert Murat had been ‘purely professional’. He maintained that he was merely an I.T. consultant who was helping Murat design his website.


Yes.

Now add in the claim made by both Murat and his then girlfriend, now wife, Michael Walczuk, that the main thing she and Murat discussed after he jetted over early on 1 May to Portugal was their website project for a new estate agency: 'ROMIGEN'.

Then add on the PJ questioning Murat about why he sent so much time in cafes with members of the da Silva - and consider his answer...he again said that this was to discuss his 'ROMIGEN' website project.

I am not sure that one big red flag is enough @ Verdi

____________________

"This is a faithful saying, and worthy of all acceptation, that Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners" - Paul's first letter to his disciple Timothy,  1 Timothy 1 v 15

avatar
Tony Bennett

Posts : 14700
Reputation : 2832
Join date : 2009-11-25
Age : 70
Location : Shropshire

Back to top Go down

Re: WHATEVER HAPPENED TO SERGEY MALINKA? - The man close to Robert Murat questioned by police in 2007 and again in 2013 about the Madeleine Mccann case

Post by Richard IV on 15.03.16 0:08

It`ll be interesting to find out what OG thought of SM.

" Malinka claimed that he had been designing a website for Murat for several months and had met to discuss the project several times in a variety of different places. "

Wonder where these places were?

Surely when you meet up with an IT consultant to discuss the design of a website, it would be in front of a computer screen, i.e. at SM`s place of work or at RM`s house.  I don`t think tablets were in vogue back in 2007, enabling folks to meet in a cafe or pub.  But perhaps they did all the planning/designing on bits of paper.
avatar
Richard IV

Posts : 552
Reputation : 263
Join date : 2015-03-06

Back to top Go down

Re: WHATEVER HAPPENED TO SERGEY MALINKA? - The man close to Robert Murat questioned by police in 2007 and again in 2013 about the Madeleine Mccann case

Post by Tony Bennett on 15.03.16 0:43

Richard IV wrote:" Malinka claimed that he had been designing a website for Murat for several months and had met to discuss the project several times in a variety of different places. "

Wonder where these places were?
Exactly.

Bear in mind also that when first questioned by the PJ, Murat told an outright pack of lies about what he had been doing on the Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday (1 to 3 May) of that week.

Two months later, confronted by the PJ and armed with data from his mobile 'phone 'pings', he had to completely change his story - in at least SEVENTEEN different respects.

Why?

About a missing child?!

____________________

"This is a faithful saying, and worthy of all acceptation, that Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners" - Paul's first letter to his disciple Timothy,  1 Timothy 1 v 15

avatar
Tony Bennett

Posts : 14700
Reputation : 2832
Join date : 2009-11-25
Age : 70
Location : Shropshire

Back to top Go down

Re: WHATEVER HAPPENED TO SERGEY MALINKA? - The man close to Robert Murat questioned by police in 2007 and again in 2013 about the Madeleine Mccann case

Post by Verdi on 15.03.16 12:28

So what ever became of ROMIGEN - if it was ever a legitimate business venture?  I've had a quick google (yes, I stand accused) and can't find anything to suggest it ever took off, not even sure if it ever reached the blue print stage.

There are however, some curious comments about the alleged property agency but that could just be urban myth so I won't repeat here.

____________________
The secret of life is honesty and fair dealing. If you can fake that, you've got it made" - Groucho Marx
avatar
Verdi
Moderator

Posts : 6406
Reputation : 3503
Join date : 2015-02-02

Back to top Go down

Re: WHATEVER HAPPENED TO SERGEY MALINKA? - The man close to Robert Murat questioned by police in 2007 and again in 2013 about the Madeleine Mccann case

Post by HelenMeg on 15.03.16 13:07

They all received a nice amount of money.... who acted as their lawyers for retrieving these payments?  Were these payments in fact a 'reward' for something e.g 'we will make sure you benefit for your involvement'?  All of those who may have been involved seemed to come out of it with a nice new business / career as a result.  Well maybe not ALL of them. Just remembering Euclides

HelenMeg

Posts : 1782
Reputation : 208
Join date : 2014-01-08

Back to top Go down

santacoloma on ROMIGEN. Interesting

Post by Tony Bennett on 15.03.16 13:11

Verdi wrote:So what ever became of ROMIGEN - if it was ever a legitimate business venture?  I've had a quick google (yes, I stand accused) and can't find anything to suggest it ever took off, not even sure if it ever reached the blue print stage.

There are however, some curious comments about the alleged property agency but that could just be urban myth so I won't repeat here.
@ Verdi,  I bring you this assessment of ROMIGEN from Dewi Lennard - in his 'santacoloma' days before he morphed into 'kikoratton' and 'kikoraton' (one 't').

I should explain that there are one or two minor errors in what Dewi Lennard says and one significant one- in that I think he booked his flight at 1.50am on Monday 30 April, not the Tuesday.

I also add that it was said that ROMIGEN was made up of: first two letters of Robert, first two letters of Michaela, and 'GEN' - nobody could work out what the 'GEN' was, although there were many ingenious guesses. Maybe it was the first three letters of 'Genesis'? 

This was posted by santacoloma on Maddie Case Files in December 2009, when he and I were both members there:

=================

QUOTE Dewi Lennard/santacoloma/kikoraton:


We’re told by Jorge Miguel Rocha da Silva, that even on the day he returned from Exeter, Robert tried to get in touch with him at the children’s clothing shop that he runs with his wife. That was 1 May. He was unable to do so, since it was a public holiday.

He made up for it on the following day, and the next, by insisting that da Silva attend meetings called at short notice. Indeed, Michaela was still trying to court da Silva by inviting him to get-togethers at her apartment only three days before Robert was made an arguido.

The official story is that RM wanted da Silva to invest in his and Michaela’s venture “Romigen”, which appears to remain even today an empty shell, an idea for selling real estate via the internet, rather than anything requiring a cash injection. If Robert had any intentions of buying land to make money out of it, this was never made apparent to da Silva even after several hours of unprofitable conversation – or rather, so it's been said, of long and puzzling silences.


On his first full day back in PdL (2 May), RM did manage to get in touch at the shop, and took da Silva and his two sons to a bar for the first round of talking. On the same day, RM rang his lawyer no less than four times. And in addition, his first statement to the PJ said that “they did some talking in Mrs Murat’s VW Transporter”. He says it was to develop some details of the intended business, and it’s true that RM, MW the da Silvas and the lawyer met for a long session on 3 May, at the Palmares Golf Club.


I’ve seen a photo of Robert’s lawyer. I can’t find it at the moment, but I can assure you that I can see Dr Pagarete holding a client meeting at the Palmares Golf Club, but not in an old VW Transporter. No wonder Rob left that bit out of his second statement.


The “talks” are veiled in such vagueness by da Silva’s account, that it seems legitimate to propose an alternative purpose to the one we have been told about.


Mine would go something like this: Robert came back in a precipitate hurry on 1 May. His own account says that he booked his ticket on that very day, and since he must have persuaded his sister to rise at 05.00 in order to get him to the airport in time for the 07.00 take-off, that means he booked the ticket between midnight and, say, 02.00 [SEE note above].


His statement says that he met only his mother (who fetched him from Faro airport) and Michaela on that day. But we now know that he called at da Silva’s shop. I think (or rather, this would be my alternative proposal) that there was urgency about RM’s movements, and that da Silva was intended to play a part in them quite unconnected with “Romigen”. The same goes for his lawyer, and it wouldn’t surprise me if Robert had also tried to contact him on 1 May.


A friendly poster has raised the issue as to whether RM’s daughter might have accompanied him on the air journey. It’s interesting to speculate, but I don’t know of a scrap of evidence that it might be so.

So, you see, I don’t accept for a minute that R and M’s business was so far advanced that they needed Rob to fly back to pull in a high-class lawyer and a local businessman to get it moving. It still isn’t, two years later. My alternative proposal is that powerful local interests arranged the whole thing, and made it look as though Romigen was driving it.

So what exactly were they up to, in the back of Mrs M’s passion-wagon (huh!!) and in the lounge of the Golf Club? I think it was all connected with the terrible drama that had taken place a day or two before.


Enough for now. More intuition to be brought to bear later.

____________________

"This is a faithful saying, and worthy of all acceptation, that Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners" - Paul's first letter to his disciple Timothy,  1 Timothy 1 v 15

avatar
Tony Bennett

Posts : 14700
Reputation : 2832
Join date : 2009-11-25
Age : 70
Location : Shropshire

Back to top Go down

Re: WHATEVER HAPPENED TO SERGEY MALINKA? - The man close to Robert Murat questioned by police in 2007 and again in 2013 about the Madeleine Mccann case

Post by Rogue-a-Tory on 15.03.16 14:44

Richard IV wrote:It`ll be interesting to find out what OG thought of SM.

" Malinka claimed that he had been designing a website for Murat for several months and had met to discuss the project several times in a variety of different places. "

Wonder where these places were?

Surely when you meet up with an IT consultant to discuss the design of a website, it would be in front of a computer screen, i.e. at SM`s place of work or at RM`s house.  I don`t think tablets were in vogue back in 2007, enabling folks to meet in a cafe or pub.  But perhaps they did all the planning/designing on bits of paper.
 iPhones weren't available until a few months after 3 May 2007 - which always makes a total mockery of St Kate's assertion that missing people alert would have saved Madeleine. iPads followed a few years later. There might have been rudimentary tablets around but nothing that a web designed would have found of any use.
avatar
Rogue-a-Tory

Posts : 524
Reputation : 377
Join date : 2014-09-10

Back to top Go down

Re: WHATEVER HAPPENED TO SERGEY MALINKA? - The man close to Robert Murat questioned by police in 2007 and again in 2013 about the Madeleine Mccann case

Post by Rogue-a-Tory on 15.03.16 14:55

HelenMeg wrote:They all received a nice amount of money.... who acted as their lawyers for retrieving these payments?  Were these payments in fact a 'reward' for something e.g 'we will make sure you benefit for your involvement'?  All of those who may have been involved seemed to come out of it with a nice new business / career as a result.  Well maybe not ALL of them. Just remembering Euclides
Let's go down the Richard D Hall route of assuming infiltration of MSM.

Just imagine if an arrest, media stories then subsequent libel case are all fostered by insiders in MSM. What a nice way to deliver a sizeable 'chunk' of money to your man on the ground.
avatar
Rogue-a-Tory

Posts : 524
Reputation : 377
Join date : 2014-09-10

Back to top Go down

Re: WHATEVER HAPPENED TO SERGEY MALINKA? - The man close to Robert Murat questioned by police in 2007 and again in 2013 about the Madeleine Mccann case

Post by Verdi on 15.03.16 15:29

Tony Bennett wrote:
Verdi wrote:So what ever became of ROMIGEN - if it was ever a legitimate business venture?  I've had a quick google (yes, I stand accused) and can't find anything to suggest it ever took off, not even sure if it ever reached the blue print stage.

There are however, some curious comments about the alleged property agency but that could just be urban myth so I won't repeat here.
@ Verdi,  I bring you this assessment of ROMIGEN from Dewi Lennard - in his 'santacoloma' days before he morphed into 'kikoratton' and 'kikoraton' (one 't').

I should explain that there are one or two minor errors in what Dewi Lennard says and one significant one- in that I think he booked his flight at 1.50am on Monday 30 April, not the Tuesday.

I also add that it was said that ROMIGEN was made up of: first two letters of Robert, first two letters of Michaela, and 'GEN' - nobody could work out what the 'GEN' was, although there were many ingenious guesses. Maybe it was the first three letters of 'Genesis'? 

This was posted by santacoloma on Maddie Case Files in December 2009, when he and I were both members there:

=================

QUOTE Dewi Lennard/santacoloma/kikoraton:


We’re told by Jorge Miguel Rocha da Silva, that even on the day he returned from Exeter, Robert tried to get in touch with him at the children’s clothing shop that he runs with his wife. That was 1 May. He was unable to do so, since it was a public holiday.

He made up for it on the following day, and the next, by insisting that da Silva attend meetings called at short notice. Indeed, Michaela was still trying to court da Silva by inviting him to get-togethers at her apartment only three days before Robert was made an arguido.

The official story is that RM wanted da Silva to invest in his and Michaela’s venture “Romigen”, which appears to remain even today an empty shell, an idea for selling real estate via the internet, rather than anything requiring a cash injection. If Robert had any intentions of buying land to make money out of it, this was never made apparent to da Silva even after several hours of unprofitable conversation – or rather, so it's been said, of long and puzzling silences.


On his first full day back in PdL (2 May), RM did manage to get in touch at the shop, and took da Silva and his two sons to a bar for the first round of talking. On the same day, RM rang his lawyer no less than four times. And in addition, his first statement to the PJ said that “they did some talking in Mrs Murat’s VW Transporter”. He says it was to develop some details of the intended business, and it’s true that RM, MW the da Silvas and the lawyer met for a long session on 3 May, at the Palmares Golf Club.


I’ve seen a photo of Robert’s lawyer. I can’t find it at the moment, but I can assure you that I can see Dr Pagarete holding a client meeting at the Palmares Golf Club, but not in an old VW Transporter. No wonder Rob left that bit out of his second statement.


The “talks” are veiled in such vagueness by da Silva’s account, that it seems legitimate to propose an alternative purpose to the one we have been told about.


Mine would go something like this: Robert came back in a precipitate hurry on 1 May. His own account says that he booked his ticket on that very day, and since he must have persuaded his sister to rise at 05.00 in order to get him to the airport in time for the 07.00 take-off, that means he booked the ticket between midnight and, say, 02.00 [SEE note above].


His statement says that he met only his mother (who fetched him from Faro airport) and Michaela on that day. But we now know that he called at da Silva’s shop. I think (or rather, this would be my alternative proposal) that there was urgency about RM’s movements, and that da Silva was intended to play a part in them quite unconnected with “Romigen”. The same goes for his lawyer, and it wouldn’t surprise me if Robert had also tried to contact him on 1 May.


A friendly poster has raised the issue as to whether RM’s daughter might have accompanied him on the air journey. It’s interesting to speculate, but I don’t know of a scrap of evidence that it might be so.

So, you see, I don’t accept for a minute that R and M’s business was so far advanced that they needed Rob to fly back to pull in a high-class lawyer and a local businessman to get it moving. It still isn’t, two years later. My alternative proposal is that powerful local interests arranged the whole thing, and made it look as though Romigen was driving it.

So what exactly were they up to, in the back of Mrs M’s passion-wagon (huh!!) and in the lounge of the Golf Club? I think it was all connected with the terrible drama that had taken place a day or two before.


Enough for now. More intuition to be brought to bear later.
Perhaps something like GENEX (Genesis/Exodus) would be more appropriate, given the apparent fleeting existence - or does that sound a trifle unsavoury?

You see this is partly why I'm so cynical about people who write profusely about the case of MBM, gaining a reputation of authority along the way and gathering an audience who hear what they want to hear.  Admittedly I haven't paid a great deal of attention to the detail of this possible connection with her disappearance, I could well be wrong but it seems to me that in some instances, documented information is selected and the detail filled in by the respective author.  In short - how the heck do people know some of the stuff they pass off as fact?  By example - 'I've seen a photo of Robert's lawyer.  I can't find it at the moment.'  I understand people don't want to give too much personal information away over the internet but if only they would justify their claims by something tangible like 'I have personal knowledge of ....' with a hint of veracity.

This is reminicent of one Duarte Levy who years ago, claimed to be in possession of explosive (metaphorically speaking) photographs - which as far as I'm aware have never materialized.



Still, if as suggested beforehand, their integrity can be vouched for by personal knowledge, who am I to criticize.  Maybe it's got something to do with the aversion I have for social networking, twitter in particular.  Seems to be a breeding ground for all sorts of unacceptable behaviour.

____________________
The secret of life is honesty and fair dealing. If you can fake that, you've got it made" - Groucho Marx
avatar
Verdi
Moderator

Posts : 6406
Reputation : 3503
Join date : 2015-02-02

Back to top Go down

Re: WHATEVER HAPPENED TO SERGEY MALINKA? - The man close to Robert Murat questioned by police in 2007 and again in 2013 about the Madeleine Mccann case

Post by j.rob on 15.03.16 15:31

Rogue-a-Tory wrote:
HelenMeg wrote:They all received a nice amount of money.... who acted as their lawyers for retrieving these payments?  Were these payments in fact a 'reward' for something e.g 'we will make sure you benefit for your involvement'?  All of those who may have been involved seemed to come out of it with a nice new business / career as a result.  Well maybe not ALL of them. Just remembering Euclides
Let's go down the Richard D Hall route of assuming infiltration of MSM.

Just imagine if an arrest, media stories then subsequent libel case are all fostered by insiders in MSM. What a nice way to deliver a sizeable 'chunk' of money to your man on the ground.

Indeed. 

Is there any evidence that Murat or Malinka's lives were ruined by what was written in the newspapers?

Barry George, who was wrongly convicted of Jill Dando's murder and spent years in prison, has not received a penny in compensation for wrongful conviction. Nor did he receive any libel payments to my knowledge.

j.rob

Posts : 2243
Reputation : 233
Join date : 2014-02-02

Back to top Go down

Re: WHATEVER HAPPENED TO SERGEY MALINKA? - The man close to Robert Murat questioned by police in 2007 and again in 2013 about the Madeleine Mccann case

Post by Verdi on 15.03.16 15:40

None whatsoever!  Anymore than there was/is any evidence that the search for Madeleine was/is hampered by the media from which the McCanns profited through out of court (phew!) settlements.  Or the publishing of Goncalo Amaral's book 'The Truth of the Lie' that the McCanns have used to ruin the man's life - has he benefited financially by his ordeal, proof of which is abundant?  NO!

____________________
The secret of life is honesty and fair dealing. If you can fake that, you've got it made" - Groucho Marx
avatar
Verdi
Moderator

Posts : 6406
Reputation : 3503
Join date : 2015-02-02

Back to top Go down

Re: WHATEVER HAPPENED TO SERGEY MALINKA? - The man close to Robert Murat questioned by police in 2007 and again in 2013 about the Madeleine Mccann case

Post by sharonl on 15.03.16 23:27

As to where he is now:

Back Office Employee, Front Office Employee

Networkers International PLC
April 2015 – Present (1 year)Lisbon Area, Portugal
Unilever Ltd, Unisys Ltd, 600 units SCCN migration, Hardware Refresh. USMT, SCCM, AD.

Director


MSICOMPUTERS
January 2008 – Present (8 years 3 months)

IT Engineer


MSI COMPUTERS
January 2007 – Present (9 years 3 months)Lagos, Portugal
It specialist, Network Admin, Software specialist. Hardware specialist. Global IT orientation.

____________________
"WE ARE ALL IN THIS TOGETHER" - Rebekah Brooks to David Cameron
avatar
sharonl


Posts : 4226
Reputation : 759
Join date : 2009-12-29

http://www.cold2012.org.uk

Back to top Go down

Malinka is doing fine

Post by HelenMeg on 19.05.16 22:18

Hi
was reading the shininginluz blog and interesting to read that Malinka is doing really well...

 
Mr Malinka has been a peripheral figure in our lives recently. He is working from a base near Lagos, with his girlfriend, in a upmarket estate agency that he owns. The average property he deals in is perhaps €3 million, and Mr Malinka appears to be doing well. The property market seems to be recovering here in general. The government has an incentive scheme in place for anyone spending €500,000 plus. So the top end of the market is doing particularly well again.

We happened to be in touch with a group of foreign investors who want enough land to build an entire urbanisation, and Mr Malinka was able to come up with a suitable large plot of land instantly. These type of deals seldom go through straightforwardly. The investors have the whole world to pick from, so whether they choose Portugal is anyone’s guess.

In brief, Mr Malinka appears to be well-established in a well-paid line of work, and is getting on with his life without concerning himself with Madeleine.
Courtesy of https://shininginluz.wordpress.com/


It seems that quite a few people who were once related to this case ended up doing very well...financially etc

HelenMeg

Posts : 1782
Reputation : 208
Join date : 2014-01-08

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum