The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

BOOK ALREADY HALF PRICE ON AMAZON ! ! - Page 3 Mm11

BOOK ALREADY HALF PRICE ON AMAZON ! ! - Page 3 Regist10
The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

BOOK ALREADY HALF PRICE ON AMAZON ! ! - Page 3 Mm11

BOOK ALREADY HALF PRICE ON AMAZON ! ! - Page 3 Regist10

BOOK ALREADY HALF PRICE ON AMAZON ! !

Page 3 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 9, 10, 11  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

BOOK ALREADY HALF PRICE ON AMAZON ! ! - Page 3 Empty Sales figures

Post by PeterMac 17.09.14 9:56

Can this REALLY be true. They are Amazon's own figures.
I have just repeated the search above and it is much the same
BOOK ALREADY HALF PRICE ON AMAZON ! ! - Page 3 <a href=BOOK ALREADY HALF PRICE ON AMAZON ! ! - Page 3 Amaz_j10" />
PeterMac
PeterMac
Investigator

Activity : 16727

http://whatreallyhappenedtomadeleinemccann.blogspot.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

BOOK ALREADY HALF PRICE ON AMAZON ! ! - Page 3 Empty Re: BOOK ALREADY HALF PRICE ON AMAZON ! !

Post by canada12 17.09.14 9:58

PeterMac wrote:Enid O'D posted a long critique.
There are 4 replies to that.

PM says:
The more I read and compare it to the Rogatory interviews the more I realise that it is actually a "dishonest' piece of work. They have copied and pasted chunks from the statements, and have then added "Jane was to recall". . . "Rachael Oldfield recalled". . . or "Russ O'Brien was to say,". . . or 'Rachael's husband Matt was to say later' . . .and similar phrases, clearly trying to give the impression that this was from a personal interview between the person concerned and an investigative journalist, who naturally would ask proper and hard questions. It wasn't. They haven't spoken to any of these people. The proper way to do this would have been to quote from the statement or Rogatory, make it clear that this was being done, and then to give a full reference to the original, which can be found on the mccannfiles or the mccannPJfiles blog sites. That is why I use the word 'dishonest'. It is pretending to be something it is not. Investigative journalism, for example, rather than "Churnalism" written to an agenda which becomes more clear by the minute

In fact, I believe if the above "journalism" was handed in as a term paper at university, it would result in the student being reprimanded for plagiarism (not properly attributing quotes and suggesting that other peoples' work was their own) and possibly being expelled.

IMO, obviously.
canada12

Activity : 1698

Back to top Go down

BOOK ALREADY HALF PRICE ON AMAZON ! ! - Page 3 Empty Re: BOOK ALREADY HALF PRICE ON AMAZON ! !

Post by whatsupdoc 17.09.14 10:43

agreed canada12. I and many others have said it was a C & P book.

Did they interview anyone of significance? Did they uncover any new clues to the truth? Did they prove that the McCanns had nothing to do with Madeleine's disappearnce etc. ?

whatsupdoc
whatsupdoc

Activity : 953

Back to top Go down

Post by Liz Eagles 17.09.14 10:51

whatsupdoc wrote:agreed   canada12. I and many others have said it was a C & P book.

Did they interview anyone of significance? Did they uncover any new clues to the truth? Did they prove that the McCanns had nothing to do with Madeleine's disappearnce etc. ?

Did the UK taxpayer fund their consultation with the Metropolitan Police?
Liz Eagles
Liz Eagles

Activity : 13497

Back to top Go down

Post by sallypelt 17.09.14 13:50

I have been reading VTEN's comments on Amazon, regarding S&S's book. I find this person's writing skills fascinating. Here is an extract taken from the link I've provided at the bottom of this post where Vten is talking about what happened when a child
in his holiday group went missing:

When that child disappeared, no one screamed... no one threw a tantrum... no one began immediately ringing the press in another country... no one rang the foreign office... no one even screamed for the police to come... no one shouted 'the f****** b******* have taken her', no one began pointing in random directions and claiming that some stranger must have spirited them away... Know why? Because in the moment of shock, disbelief kicks in. The brain, courtesy of the flow of adrenaline and other hormones, prompts the 'fight or flight' mode, which is universally acknowledged as utterly precluding calculations, elaborate reckonings, wild hypothesising, and theorising - all of which take time. Instead what is provoked is the most basic reaction of all... to look, personally, for YOUR child, as YOUR responsibility, in YOUR charge, as if YOU and YOU ALONE had the ONLY hope and duty of finding that child. It takes several moments of burning the adrenaline and diluting the other hormones and calming the heart rate before you're even capable of something more, something which does not come as a 'reaction' but as a 'realisation' (a process of rationality, not impulse) - that something is very wrong, cannot be solved imminently, has utterly escaped your control, and you need help

http://onlyinamericablogging.blogspot.com/2014/09/looking-for-madeleine-more-withering.html
sallypelt

Activity : 5319

Back to top Go down

Post by aiyoyo 17.09.14 15:18

Vten's is a journalist methinks, hinted in the texts.
aiyoyo
aiyoyo

Activity : 10084

Back to top Go down

Post by Praiaaa 17.09.14 19:08

PeterMac wrote:On the table. An open book. Blank pages. No facts.
Not even the insufferable confusion of the propinquity of a child and death could possibly have led to this miasma of lucre generation.
And so it sits.  On the table,  Unread. Disregarded.  And.  Vilified.

big grin
Praiaaa

Activity : 497

Back to top Go down

Post by PeterMac 17.09.14 22:23

So 15 people have bought a copy of the book -  which is totally cringeingly and cravenly and sycophantically supportive of the McCanns.
Tens of thousands have bought and / or viewed Richard Hall's videos, which are detached, clinical, disinterested (in the proper sense of the word !) and critical of the McCanns.

Hmmmmm !
PeterMac
PeterMac
Investigator

Back to top Go down

Post by sharonl 17.09.14 22:38

PeterMac wrote:So 15 people have bought a copy of the book -  which is totally cringeingly and cravenly and sycophantically supportive of the McCanns.
Tens of thousands have bought and / or viewed Richard Hall's videos, which are detached, clinical, disinterested (in the proper sense of the word !) and critical of the McCanns.

Hmmmmm !

A few of the 15 are McCann sceptics who bought the book out of curiosity, do they count?

How many of the 15 books were bought by the general public?
sharonl
sharonl
Forum Owner

Activity : 11252

http://www.cold2012.org.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by plebgate 18.09.14 7:09

PeterMac wrote:So 15 people have bought a copy of the book -  which is totally cringeingly and cravenly and sycophantically supportive of the McCanns.

Hmmmmm !
Exactly, there is no way imo that this book was ever going to whitewash anything, maybe it was a try, but I certainly don't think it has succeeded.

49 questions asked, only one answered.   Your little daughter has gone missing, why not answer the questions?

I believe until those questions are re-asked and answered very many will continue to wonder why not.
plebgate

Activity : 8938

Back to top Go down

Post by Brian Griffin 18.09.14 10:57

I'm surprised they haven't rescheduled the Scottish Referendum vote to coincide with the verdict on the libel trial. Then, if it's a positive result for Amaral, it will be buried under all the hoo-ha. If the McCanns won, of course, it would be front page news in all the papers with a bit about the less important referendum inside somewhere.

In my cynical opinion.

Activity : 582

Back to top Go down

Post by Praiaaa 18.09.14 10:59

Brian Griffin wrote:I'm surprised they haven't rescheduled the Scottish Referendum vote to coincide with the verdict on the libel trial.
Mr
Praiaaa

Activity : 497

Back to top Go down

BOOK ALREADY HALF PRICE ON AMAZON ! ! - Page 3 Empty THEY HAVE SOLD ANOTHER COPY ! ! !

Post by PeterMac 18.09.14 11:11

printed today Thursday 18/9

BOOK ALREADY HALF PRICE ON AMAZON ! ! - Page 3 <a href=BOOK ALREADY HALF PRICE ON AMAZON ! ! - Page 3 Today_10" />

TB has one
I have one
Enid O'B has one

So somewhere there are 13 more !
Who else is going to admit they have got one ?
PeterMac
PeterMac
Investigator

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 18.09.14 11:22

PeterMac wrote:printed today Thursday 18/9

BOOK ALREADY HALF PRICE ON AMAZON ! ! - Page 3 <a href=BOOK ALREADY HALF PRICE ON AMAZON ! ! - Page 3 Today_10" />

TB has one
I have one
Enid O'B has one

Are we quite sure these two writing stallwarts were not once nominated for the 'Pull-It, errr' award?
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 18.09.14 11:23

PeterMac wrote:
BlueBag wrote:You should have been a crime writer Peter.
I was.  Prosecution files.

I used to get criticised for beginning all my statements with "It was a dark and stormy night . . ."

Or try a Haiku
A dark night.  Cold.  Calm.
Somewhere a child cries and calls
She dies. No one comes.

A stark and dormy night IIRC
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 18.09.14 11:25

13 copies left to find?

How many good men on Team AR/SY?
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 18.09.14 11:34

Woofer wrote:
PeterMac wrote:Some of the verbs seem to have been "whooshed" ! !

BOOK ALREADY HALF PRICE ON AMAZON ! ! - Page 3 %3Ca%20href=BOOK ALREADY HALF PRICE ON AMAZON ! ! - Page 3 Page_110" />

"........ a small child, warm from its slumber, still in nightclothes ".    Were S&S there then that night; did they actually touch the small child?  Well, they must have because they`ve stated it was warm.

Hmm

There's a pointer, if ever I saw one:

' The tide has sucked the water to its lowest point'

How much extra space for a burial ground do we want? Thanks for this information, S&S; we would never have thought of that!

Simple & Simples?

Gee whizz, it must have been the Fairies whot dunnit, during their undetected movement?

This is hilarious! Reminds one of that time honoured game of 'Spot the Loony' doesn't it?
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by PeterMac 18.09.14 11:41

Portia wrote:
Are we quite sure these two writing stallwarts were not once nominated for the 'Pull-It, errr' award?
Brilliant.

Is anyone able to confirm that these figures for the Amazon site are remotely accurate.
It seems extraordinary, if not ludicrous that so few are shown.

TM shills on the comments section are checking whether the posters are being shown as purchasers,

but 16 in the first week, with all the MSM publicity, Crimewash, serialisation . . . SIXTEEN copies !
Surely the authors themselves would have bought more than that themselves to push it up the ratings, and given them away as Christmas present and firelighters.
PeterMac
PeterMac
Investigator

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 18.09.14 11:43

Alright, I desist: no more snide comments from this quarter. For now

Couldn't help it, the temptation was just too strong, as I'm sure for any&all of us

My apologies, sincere apologies

Let's just watch them Albanians, Picts and Scots from Alba tear up the Union, after its Prime Leader, for reasons past understanding, woke up one sweet morn and decided this was the time and the place to enable them to do so. Or is this Becky Brooks, his Red Priestess's doing too?
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 18.09.14 11:45

PeterMac wrote:
Portia wrote:
Brilliant.

Is anyone able to confirm that these figures for the Amazon site are remotely accurate.
It seems extraordinary, if not ludicrous that so few are shown.

TM shills on the comments section are checking whether the posters are being shown as purchasers,

but 16 in the first week, with all the MSM publicity, Crimewash, serialisation . . .   SIXTEEN copies !
Surely the authors themselves would have bought more than that themselves to push it up the ratings, and given them away as Christmas present and firelighters.
16 thousand? 16 million? God only knows. As yet
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 18.09.14 11:56

whatsupdoc wrote:
Clay Regazzoni wrote:The latest John Grisham for £3? I have to say that's good value.... if you've got a wood burning stove, that is.

LOL big grin

You may laugh but it gets cold in these log cabins in the winter north of Watford.  lol!
And it will get even worse when the Scots shut down their pipelines to the South
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Brian Griffin 18.09.14 11:59

Portia wrote:
PeterMac wrote:printed today Thursday 18/9

TB has one
I have one
Enid O'B has one

Abduction? Pullitzer other one!

Activity : 582

Back to top Go down

Post by PeterMac 18.09.14 12:34

Of course as someone has just pointed out, the other sales could be from Waterstones, at £17.09
instead of Amazon at £ 9

http://www.waterstones.com/waterstonesweb/products/anthony+summers/robbyn+swan/looking+for+madeleine/10955887/

BOOK ALREADY HALF PRICE ON AMAZON ! ! - Page 3 <a href=BOOK ALREADY HALF PRICE ON AMAZON ! ! - Page 3 6_j10" />

But since they are still waiting for someone to review it, I rather doubt they are into double figures yet.
PeterMac
PeterMac
Investigator

Back to top Go down

Post by PeterMac 18.09.14 12:41

And someone else has suggested that since they clearly approve of doing it . . .
We should simply copy and paste their book ! !
Mr
PeterMac
PeterMac
Investigator

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 18.09.14 12:44

They are on eBay.

Cheapest "Buy now" is £12.22 free postage.

There's one for auction £0.99 at the moment.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 9, 10, 11  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top