The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

Digging to start next week - UPDATE... starting today 2/6/14 - Page 14 Mm11

Digging to start next week - UPDATE... starting today 2/6/14 - Page 14 Regist10
The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

Digging to start next week - UPDATE... starting today 2/6/14 - Page 14 Mm11

Digging to start next week - UPDATE... starting today 2/6/14 - Page 14 Regist10

Digging to start next week - UPDATE... starting today 2/6/14

Page 14 of 40 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 27 ... 40  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Digging to start next week - UPDATE... starting today 2/6/14 - Page 14 Empty Xenophobia still in Charge.

Post by PeterMac 02.06.14 9:00

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2645906/Police-hunting-Madeleine-McCann-seal-land-Portugal-prepare-start-digging.html
A police source said: 'The Policia Judiciaria has the resources needed for this work but despite this they have preferred to bring all the technical resources from England, including archeologists, sniffer dogs and a ground-penetrating radar. The Portuguese resources are pickaxes and a digger.'

I am slightly surprised they didn't say "Stone axes and shoulder-blades from donkeys."

But they are not going to like the dogs ! !
PeterMac
PeterMac
Investigator

Activity : 16604

http://whatreallyhappenedtomadeleinemccann.blogspot.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Back to top Go down

Digging to start next week - UPDATE... starting today 2/6/14 - Page 14 Empty Re: Digging to start next week - UPDATE... starting today 2/6/14

Post by ChippyM 02.06.14 9:06

Sceptic wrote:Excuse my lack of knowledge but I thought the area adjacent to smith man was flat - the area being shown on this mornings news is that not the area gerry blogged about there jogging times?

I'm not sure the media were doing anything but speculating on where they were going to dig, so they could have got it wrong

Do you mean the hill with the spiral path? that would still be close to Rua 25 de Abril where smithman was seen, or at least heading . although having said that I've tried to work out the area where that van is parked in the BBC photos and I'm not sure it is that particular hill.
ChippyM

Activity : 1817

Back to top Go down

Digging to start next week - UPDATE... starting today 2/6/14 - Page 14 Empty Re: Digging to start next week - UPDATE... starting today 2/6/14

Post by canada12 02.06.14 9:08

Sceptic wrote:Excuse my lack of knowledge but I thought the area adjacent to smith man was flat - the area being shown on this mornings news is that not the area gerry blogged about there jogging times?

I wondered that too. But I always thought they jogged up to a higher point somewhere else, something like a cliff that overlooked the sea? Does anyone know Kate and Gerry's jogging itinerary in those days?
canada12

Activity : 1698

Back to top Go down

Post by canada12 02.06.14 9:09

Here's the police search area according to the Daily Mail:
Digging to start next week - UPDATE... starting today 2/6/14 - Page 14 Article-2645906-1E6600DE00000578-537_634x483
canada12

Back to top Go down

Post by Bishop Brennan 02.06.14 9:09

PeterMac wrote:http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2645906/Police-hunting-Madeleine-McCann-seal-land-Portugal-prepare-start-digging.html
A police source said: 'The Policia Judiciaria has the resources needed for this work but despite this they have preferred to bring all the technical resources from England, including archeologists, sniffer dogs and a ground-penetrating radar. The Portuguese resources are pickaxes and a digger.'

I am slightly surprised they didn't say "Stone axes and shoulder-blades from donkeys."

No. The dogs are not their friends... However we need to remember that Eddie and Keela had a good sniff round various places after alerting at 5A. If they didn't find anything in theses spots then I doubt the new dogs will either. Noting too that despite all the talk of the new dogs, no paper has ever mentioned the famous first set of dogs that changed the case forever. I guess they dare not. Yet.
Bishop Brennan
Bishop Brennan

Activity : 920

Back to top Go down

Post by ChippyM 02.06.14 9:12

PeterMac wrote:http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2645906/Police-hunting-Madeleine-McCann-seal-land-Portugal-prepare-start-digging.html

PM your post is educational, I had never heard of people using donkeys shoulder blades to dig  big grin

I don't suppose the DM would consider that the portuguese's best resource might be intelligence and extensive knowledge of this case!
ChippyM

Back to top Go down

Post by canada12 02.06.14 9:15

And there's a good piece of video on the DM site that shows you the perspective and view from this piece of land:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2645906/Police-hunting-Madeleine-McCann-seal-land-Portugal-prepare-start-digging.html#v-3600681739001
canada12

Back to top Go down

Post by Sceptic 02.06.14 9:15

canada12 wrote:Here's the police search area according to the Daily Mail:
Digging to start next week - UPDATE... starting today 2/6/14 - Page 14 Article-2645906-1E6600DE00000578-537_634x483
This is a different area - AFAIK abril street is the wasteland to the right between this marked area and the tapas bar
Sceptic

Activity : 311

Back to top Go down

Post by russiandoll 02.06.14 9:23

BBC report.... dogs now on site with police. Quote from Spanish manufacturer of equipment being used, that police use this when they are searching for something specific. Conclusion is that there is hard evidence which has taken police to this area and that this is not a search for random clues.

eta Sky have shown 2 search areas, one only taped off for now afaik

The great enemy of the truth is very often not the lie — deliberate,
contrived and dishonest — but the myth — persistent, persuasive and
unrealistic.
~John F. Kennedy

russiandoll
russiandoll

Activity : 4058

Back to top Go down

Post by Sceptic 02.06.14 9:34

canada12 wrote:And there's a good piece of video on the DM site that shows you the perspective and view from this piece of land:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2645906/Police-hunting-Madeleine-McCann-seal-land-Portugal-prepare-start-digging.html#v-3600681739001
Coincidence maybe but below this article is a section "from the web" one of the articles is 7 worst parenting fails - as I say could be coincidence or clever editing
Sceptic

Activity : 311

Back to top Go down

Post by ChippyM 02.06.14 9:41

From the BBC report,

:
"Portuguese officers, wearing sunglasses in the fierce sunshine, are standing guard at the perimeter of the site, which stretches down towards the coast.
The police have been joined by a large contingent from the media, who have cameras trained on the ground as they await developments. The only words being exchanged between officers and journalists is the occasional "bom dia" - or "good morning".

I wonder when Andy and friends will trail into town?
ChippyM

Back to top Go down

Post by ultimaThule 02.06.14 9:43

There's been a marked increase in clever editing coincidences of late, Sceptic  big grin 
ultimaThule
ultimaThule

Activity : 3376

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 02.06.14 9:49

A 77-year-old man who has lived near the area of scrubland for 13 years told the BBC the latest search was "ridiculous".
"The police have been here before," said the man, who did not want to be named.
"We all helped search this area three or four days after it [Madeleine's disappearance] happened.
"I walk my dog every day and no one was digging holes."   
Snipped from Twitter. 

I wonder what it is they plan to find. Hard to accept that dozens of people searching on that land, right after a supposed dig to hide whatever evidence of a crime, didn't see anything unusual.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by ultimaThule 02.06.14 9:51

PeterMac wrote:The next few days may prove interesting - or Not, as the case may be.

My barometer of significant announcements is inclining to 'Not' PeterM, but I'd pay a goodly sum to take a look at the contents of the PJ's evidence box before the digging starts.  smilie 
ultimaThule
ultimaThule

Back to top Go down

Post by russiandoll 02.06.14 9:55

ChippyM wrote:From the BBC report,

:
"Portuguese officers, wearing sunglasses in the fierce sunshine, are standing guard at the perimeter of the site, which stretches down towards the coast.
The police have been joined by a large contingent from the media, who have cameras trained on the ground as they await developments. The only words being exchanged between officers and journalists is the occasional "bom dia" - or "good morning".

Today I would think, one newspaper reported they landed last night.

The great enemy of the truth is very often not the lie — deliberate,
contrived and dishonest — but the myth — persistent, persuasive and
unrealistic.
~John F. Kennedy

russiandoll
russiandoll

Activity : 4058

Back to top Go down

Post by ultimaThule 02.06.14 9:57

Does the forum need another digging thread? Perhaps this thread can be merged with the existsing one.
ultimaThule
ultimaThule

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 02.06.14 10:02

ultimaThule wrote:Does the forum need another digging thread? Perhaps this thread can be merged with the existsing one.

Have merged uT  thumbsup
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by sofieellis 02.06.14 10:06

canada12 wrote:Here's the police search area according to the Daily Mail:

Sky News have just said that it's this highlighted area that's been cordoned off, although the other area just to the left of the OC, has been earmarked for searching later.
sofieellis

Activity : 188

Back to top Go down

Post by Cristobell 02.06.14 10:08

Well it certainly seems there are no smellymen, burglars or bedhoppers being lined up for interview - SY are in PDL to look for a body.  

It has got to be obvious now to the whole world and its dog, that there was no abductor, and far from ignoring the alerts Eddie and Keela, both police forces are following their findings.  I'm pretty sure the McCanns do not want these digs in PDL, they have not acknowledged them on their OFM fb page, there are no calls for prayer and they are definitely not flying out there.  In fact the most recent items on their FB page relate to age progression pictures and the officially ruled out Tannerman.  

None of the above is conducive to a whitewash, and I wonder if those who think this is an elaborate cover up have changed their minds?
Cristobell

Activity : 2552

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 02.06.14 10:12

russiandoll wrote:
ChippyM wrote:From the BBC report,

:

Today I would think, one newspaper reported they landed last night.

Maybe they are searching an alternative site - one that the press aren't reporting on.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by cass7 02.06.14 10:13

lets take a min and reflect on what could be found , confermation that the poor baby madeleine has died . it might be a sad day , i joined up in 2007 to find out what happened to her , yes so many twists tales , and whatever , but i really hope that she can be found and a proper place for her to be burried , also i hope that sy and the pj are working together to try and solve this once and for all , whatever our op are it might be a very very sad day , and with all my heart i feel for members of her family the twins etc
cass7
cass7

Activity : 143

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 02.06.14 10:14

Cass7 have merged the thread you started earlier to this thread.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by ultimaThule 02.06.14 10:21

thumbup  Cheers, cf - I wish you could merge my atrocious spelling mistake too, < hangs head in shame >
ultimaThule
ultimaThule

Back to top Go down

Post by sami 02.06.14 10:22

Cristobell wrote:Well it certainly seems there are no smellymen, burglars or bedhoppers being lined up for interview - SY are in PDL to look for a body.  

It has got to be obvious now to the whole world and its dog, that there was no abductor, and far from ignoring the alerts Eddie and Keela, both police forces are following their findings.  I'm pretty sure the McCanns do not want these digs in PDL, they have not acknowledged them on their OFM fb page, there are no calls for prayer and they are definitely not flying out there.  In fact the most recent items on their FB page relate to age progression pictures and the officially ruled out Tannerman.  

None of the above is conducive to a whitewash, and I wonder if those who think this is an elaborate cover up have changed their minds?

I cannot answer your question but I must say your post paints a sad and lonely picture.  Police searching wasteland and nobody from her family in Portugal.  I find it incredible they would not at least travel and stay in Lagos, or Lisbon, anywhere, just to be in the same country while the digging occurs.  Are they that certain she will not be found or fearful of what is going to be found.
sami

Activity : 1019

Back to top Go down

Page 14 of 40 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 27 ... 40  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top