The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

Digging to start next week - UPDATE... starting today 2/6/14 - Page 40 Mm11

Digging to start next week - UPDATE... starting today 2/6/14 - Page 40 Regist10
The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

Digging to start next week - UPDATE... starting today 2/6/14 - Page 40 Mm11

Digging to start next week - UPDATE... starting today 2/6/14 - Page 40 Regist10

Digging to start next week - UPDATE... starting today 2/6/14

Page 40 of 40 Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Digging to start next week - UPDATE... starting today 2/6/14 - Page 40 Empty Re: Digging to start next week - UPDATE... starting today 2/6/14

Post by Guest 03.06.14 21:33

Hm ... I find quotes [not only mine] being messed up, although so far everything was working fine.
I'll pay more attention to "preview" before sending :-)
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Digging to start next week - UPDATE... starting today 2/6/14 - Page 40 Empty Re: Digging to start next week - UPDATE... starting today 2/6/14

Post by ChippyM 03.06.14 21:37

Châtelaine wrote:Hm ... I find quotes [not only mine]  being messed up, although so far everything was working fine.
I'll pay more attention to "preview" before sending :-)

I have always found the quotes function confusing when a few people are being quoted, I probably did mess it up but not due to any ulterior motive.  smilie
ChippyM

Activity : 1817

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 03.06.14 21:39

post wrote:

All you have to do is make sure you post after the quote brackets...and not in between them.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by CynicAl 03.06.14 21:50

SixMillionQuid wrote:
CynicAl wrote:
AndyB wrote:
CynicAl wrote:I'll chip in my dose of optimism again, for what it's worth...

There is a lot of speculation - understandable speculation - about a 'cover up'.

The problem is, that no one seems to understand the definition of a 'cover up.' Or its purpose.

A cover up is intended, principally, to hide the facts.

If the last seven years have seen any party make any effort at a 'cover up', then quite simply every single party that attempted a cover up has failed. If they hadn't failed, we wouldn't be discussing the glaringly obvious facts. No anomalies would be present, no evidence to contradict, no enigmas to promote legitimate speculation.
That all depends on what it is that being covered up. I happen to believe that the cover up is working extremely well and that the full truth of what happened to Madeleine McCann, and the circumstances surrounding her disappearance will never be known. I also believe that the only reason we are discussing any of this is that the Portuguese published all the case files, something that would be utterly unthinkable to our secretive rulers. Had the Portuguese not done so, I doubt that this forum would exist and none of the facts of which we are now aware would be known, let alone glaringly obvious. In other words, had the Portuguese not published their case files the cover-up would've worked from the start without the need for the Yard's current convoluted attempts to put the genie back in the bottle.

Obviously I hope I'm wrong and you're right.

But as to the original principle... if the cover-up wasn't broke, why risk everything to fix it?
As mentioned before the original investigation was archived pending further info. Fingers were still pointing therefore the issues remain unresolved that needed resolving - the cover up needed finalising.

The request for review goes back farther than 2010. I think it goes back to 2009 when Mr McCann sought cooperation with the PJ police. A bit of a strange move considering he was still under their radar. Then there was the previous Home Secretary Alan Johnson's scoping exercise for the review. I'm sure their lawyers would have warned them that a review could put them back in the frame, but they seem pretty confident about the outcome.

Yeh... But the point of a cover-up in this case would have been the cessation of formal investigation and the co-operative silence of all perpetrators, participants and witnesses and a 'fogging' of the unresolved scene with distractions and misinformation for the purpose of letting the dogs sleep, and letting the trail go cold amongst the only agencies which were of confidence. The resurrection of the case to a state of life is not the action of a high power with vested interest in letting the ball run dead, since the act of resurrection or revisiting is counter-productive to moving on. No agency with power and ought at stake would ever be allowed by its own counsel to fan the embers and squirt petrol around the place, and frankly if the cover-up was as high powered as it seems it would need to be, I'm quite sure GMC would have felt the sudden urge to commit suicide in his grief, if he ventured to step out of line and stick his head above the parapet. There are simpler ways to tie off dangerous loose ends for people so cold and objective as those who can put special interest before a child's life, right? Heck, even "Double Tragedy McCann's" would sell newspapers as a headline.
CynicAl

Activity : 181

Back to top Go down

Post by kevmack 03.06.14 21:55

Markus 2 wrote:Something not right in Portugal. Certainly not in that case ,just makes me wonder have we got it right.
Please don't go down that rabbit hole again...
kevmack

Activity : 241

Back to top Go down

Post by CynicAl 03.06.14 22:02

PeterMac wrote:It looks like a lair to me.
And a hellish one at that.
CynicAl

Activity : 181

Back to top Go down

Post by Markus 2 03.06.14 22:04

kevmack wrote:
Markus 2 wrote:Something not right in Portugal. Certainly not in that case ,just makes me wonder have we got it right.

No I won't, just like to look at it from every angle thinking
Markus 2

Activity : 399

Back to top Go down

Post by Monty Heck 03.06.14 22:06

TellTheTruth wrote:
Shhh wrote:Also from twitter, shame it's from a "pro"

The police are digging in an area used by local residents as a pet cemetery. #mccann cerb32
Sorry, still catching up so this has probably been brought but they were not local residents, so how on earth would they possibly know of this place?

They had only been in the area a matter of days. This gets more bizarre by the day. If they did have local knowledge then "How?" has got to be a question asked.

When I go on holiday I might find out where the best fish and chip shop might be but the local dead pet dump??? Why would any holiday maker need to know that?

I wonder if the TV is on at Rotheley Manor and they are keeping up to date with the latest developments, if they are tuned in to the internet, if they are off their food and wine...

I hope they are quaking in their running shoes.

Poor little Maddie and I feel so sorry for those poor twins. How can they ever have a normal childhood when the truth finally emerges. empathy
Good point.  What are the chances of burying a body in a spot that happens to be an unofficial pets' cemetary within an area the size of approximately 3 football pitches?  For what it's worth, this hill is surrounded on its southern and western perimeters by dirt roads which, though fairly well used during the day by walkers (and joggers) has little in the way of traffic.  At night only the perimeter roads are lit so it is basically a large unlit area with some sections not visible from the adjacent roadways, particularly at night.  Understandably it is not generally frequented after dark so is in fact a place which is both accessible while at the same time largely hidden from view between sunset and sunrise, and in many ways an ideal spot for clandestine activity.  Having said all this it would surely require extremely solid intelligence for the current level of searching, with all the associated preparatory work and ongoing costs, not least the tranportation of the sniffer dogs from the April Jones murder investigation. 

All of this would tend to convince that this is not being done for show and, regarding keeping the search private, how feasible is that really?  It's a public area close to the village centre, the paparazzi have very long lenses and there are properties with balconies all around with grandstand views.  There is little chance this search could ever have been kept low key, even outwith high season.
Monty Heck

Activity : 472

Back to top Go down

Post by HelenMeg 03.06.14 22:07

CynicAl wrote:
Like someone else said - this all seems so odd - that journalists are allowed to take close up photos of this search. It doesnt seem professional  - just a sham 'dig'.
I mean - look at this..
  Digging to start next week - UPDATE... starting today 2/6/14 - Page 40 Article-2647004-1E7080DC00000578-916_634x431
HelenMeg

Activity : 2081

Back to top Go down

Post by kevmack 03.06.14 22:09

Markus 2 wrote:
kevmack wrote:

No I won't, just like to look at it from every angle thinking
Yes, but I think the angle you're going for that the parents are innocent and that the Portuguese police are somehow involved in the disappearance was already covered the last time you derailed a thread...
kevmack

Activity : 241

Back to top Go down

Post by HelenMeg 03.06.14 22:10

All the photos (see Daily Fail) looked so staged  - we see them dig - we see them observe  - we see the dog (lovely lovely dog) we see the view - we see everything!  Why should we? Its a murder investigation..   
Digging to start next week - UPDATE... starting today 2/6/14 - Page 40 Article-2647004-1E6DC42B00000578-350_634x586Digging to start next week - UPDATE... starting today 2/6/14 - Page 40 Article-2647004-1E6DD5FD00000578-297_634x513
HelenMeg

Back to top Go down

Post by MarleneP 03.06.14 22:11

Yes, it's a show. As if to be shown: look here, we examine everything. To whom the pictures speak? Perpetrators? Taxpayers? We do not know (yet).
MarleneP

Activity : 112

Back to top Go down

Post by HelenMeg 03.06.14 22:12

Sorry wont post any more pics - but here's ol' Andy - making sure we can see him out there being busy
Digging to start next week - UPDATE... starting today 2/6/14 - Page 40 Article-2647004-1E6DC4AF00000578-117_634x572
HelenMeg

Back to top Go down

Post by HelenMeg 03.06.14 22:14

Sorry - couldn't resist this one - as you will all agree - what a beauty
Digging to start next week - UPDATE... starting today 2/6/14 - Page 40 Article-2647004-1E6DD7D000000578-848_306x423
HelenMeg

Back to top Go down

Post by MarleneP 03.06.14 22:14

Andy ...  big grin  GREAT!  drama 
MarleneP

Activity : 112

Back to top Go down

Post by Markus 2 03.06.14 22:14

HelenMeg wrote:
CynicAl wrote:
Like someone else said - this all seems so odd - that journalists are allowed to take close up photos of this search. It doesnt seem professional  - just a sham 'dig'.
I mean - look at this..
  Digging to start next week - UPDATE... starting today 2/6/14 - Page 40 Article-2647004-1E7080DC00000578-916_634x431
So if they are so interested in sifting bits on top of that hole, what have they found in it , something surely otherwise why bother with this. Unless they think it was place where a body was stored for a short time .

-------

https://jillhavern.forumotion.net/viewtopic.forum?t=9728
Markus 2

Activity : 399

Back to top Go down

Page 40 of 40 Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40

View previous topic View next topic Back to top