The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

Digging to start next week (continuation of automatically locked thread) - UPDATE... starting today 2/6/14 Mm11

Digging to start next week (continuation of automatically locked thread) - UPDATE... starting today 2/6/14 Regist10
The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

Digging to start next week (continuation of automatically locked thread) - UPDATE... starting today 2/6/14 Mm11

Digging to start next week (continuation of automatically locked thread) - UPDATE... starting today 2/6/14 Regist10

Digging to start next week (continuation of automatically locked thread) - UPDATE... starting today 2/6/14

Page 1 of 40 1, 2, 3 ... 20 ... 40  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Digging to start next week (continuation of automatically locked thread) - UPDATE... starting today 2/6/14 Empty Digging to start next week (continuation of automatically locked thread) - UPDATE... starting today 2/6/14

Post by kevmack 03.06.14 22:16

Just think about it though Helenmeg, all those resources, dogs and all, just to stage a few pics...for who's benefit exactly in terms of a cover up?  No I think this is the real deal, and perhaps the police do want these digs in the media, because if they are closing in on the only possible suspects, can you imagine how they and all their friends are feeling right now.. Who knows, it may be enough to prompt a telephone call.

And we have seen pictures of police searching for missing people before.  Look at the pictures they released last week of the boot of Sian O'Callaghan.  Did they really need to release that?  They have her murderer behind bars, but they still released the pic of the boot, which I thought was a bit morbid to be honest.

-------------------------
Admin note: Original thread (automatically locked after 100 pages) can be found here: https://jillhavern.forumotion.net/t9674-digging-to-start-next-week-update-starting-today-2-6-14
kevmack

Activity : 241

Back to top Go down

Digging to start next week (continuation of automatically locked thread) - UPDATE... starting today 2/6/14 Empty Re: Digging to start next week (continuation of automatically locked thread) - UPDATE... starting today 2/6/14

Post by Markus 2 03.06.14 22:17

kevmack wrote:
Markus 2 wrote:
kevmack wrote:
Markus 2 wrote:Something not right in Portugal. Certainly not in that case ,just makes me wonder have we got it right.
Please don't go down that rabbit hole again...

No I won't, just like to look at it from every angle thinking
Yes, but I think the angle you're going for that the parents are innocent and that the Portuguese police are somehow involved in the disappearance was already covered the last time you derailed a thread...
O.k point taken
Markus 2

Activity : 399

Back to top Go down

Digging to start next week (continuation of automatically locked thread) - UPDATE... starting today 2/6/14 Empty Re: Digging to start next week (continuation of automatically locked thread) - UPDATE... starting today 2/6/14

Post by Tony Bennett 03.06.14 22:18

nobodythereeither wrote:
You are confusing several separate issues:

1. The veracity or otherwise of Coldwater's posts (which you have not yet said that you have actually read. Have you?) and Aiyoyo's suggestion that the conclusion of this case will show him to be right or wrong. It is that that I find illogical. I believe that Coldwater has already been shown to be wrong about many of the things he stated as fact, which was apparent as soon as the PJ files were made public, but because I don't have his posts to hand I can't be sure about that.

2. The likelihood of his/her having a British detective as a source who provided him/her with titbits about the case at social occasions.

3. The reason why Coldwater stopped posting his "inside information."

Which do you think is more likely:

a). Coldwater stopped posting because pros found out who he was and he was afraid for his family (or whatever) (Aiyoyo's given reason - which appears to be, er, purely his opinion).

b). The release of the PJ files into the public domain demonstrated that much of what Coldwater had previously posted (and which forum members lapped up) was fiction.

Or do you think it is complete coincidence that Coldwater stopped posting just at the point the case was shelved?
Somebody else up the thread asked whether anyone had preserved any of Coldwater's posts.

I have quite a few.

Indeed, back in the early days, early 2008 I think, I was prompted by something he said to send him a 'pm', and he replied.

Rather as 'nobodythereeither' has suggested above, the reply that came back was non-committal, vague and gave me no real answers tpo my questions.

But for those curious about his work, here's one I saved earlier, snipped and edited  primarily because there are a lot of libellous suggestions within it which I can't really circulate myself, even though it is someone else's opinion:

QUOTE COLDWATER

Coldwater wrote:

I've been dabbling with my sources again and thought you might all like to hear the distilled information they have imparted to me - (that which I can reveal, obviously).

Firstly I think it important to say that this investigation is nowhere near closure. As many will know, charges will only arrive when the investigation is officially at an end and not before.

Right now the investigation is focusing on May 2nd 10.00pm through to around 10.00pm May 3rd - a 24hr period in which it is now considered several crimes were committed.

The shift in emphasis to May 2nd is primarily due to the significant lack of independent evidence to support Maddy being seen alive during May 3rd by anyone outside of the TAPAS 9 - and even then only Oldfield actually 'saw' her. Maddy was not present at the creche or children's club. She did not eat with the others and there is NO CCTV footage of her anywhere in the complex or PDL at large beyond the afternoon of May 2nd.

It is also deemed of interest that Gerry missed his afternoon tennis session on May 3rd due to an 'Achilles' injury. It was his unannounced absence which actually drew Oldfield to the apartment and not Gerry asking him to check on Kate. Gerry was not present at the tennis courts and Oldfield went looking for him. Gerry was elsewhere entirely. It is now believed that Oldfield did NOT see Maddy during this brief visit.

The theory is now that Maddy...

The apartment's cleaner was turned away on May 3rd by Kate McCann I am told...

It is no longer considered that Maddy's body was relocated using the Renault Scenic...

The PJ have a blue sports bag...

CCTV footage from MW's reception proves that...

They all did eat at Chaplin's on May 2nd and they were contacted at Chaplin's by an employee of MW's with regard to the children - specifically the McCann children. This was followed up immediately upon their return to the MW complex.

Further questioning is to take place shortly and will encompass ALL TAPAS 9 elements, plus others. It is now expected that two others will be made or allowed to request Arguido/Arguida status...

Again, as far as my information allows, I can say that there is NO suggestion of pedophile involvement in any way...I think we should all sigh with relief over that. There have been errors in translation and information which may have led some down this murky pathway.

This case is not finished yet and has a way to run...

The above has been gleaned and distilled over Christmas from my three friends and sources. I can elucidate on some points but not others.

I think we are all just going to have to be patient... 

For instance the CCTV thing rumbles on. I am told that the PJ are in possession of a number of recordings, some of which are from the night of May 3rd. These do not ALL come from what you would traditionally think of as CCTV. They are 'installed' systems of varying quality. They also had something last week which proved...

The Oldfield's have provided some good information, so I am told...

(And so on...)

UNQUOTE

After the very vague reply I got from Coldwater, I completely ignored him thereafter

Dr Martin Roberts: "The evidence is that these are the pjyamas Madeleine wore on holiday in Praia da Luz. They were photographed and the photo handed to a press agency, who released it on 8 May, as the search for Madeleine continued. The McCanns held up these same pyjamas at two press conferences on 5 & 7June 2007. How could Madeleine have been abducted?"

Amelie McCann (aged 2): "Maddie's jammies!".  

Tony Bennett
Tony Bennett
Researcher

Activity : 24770

Back to top Go down

Post by Justformaddie 03.06.14 22:18

Andy maybe trying to see things through gm (sunglasses) sorry, eyes IMO . I wonder why CNN are reporting the pj are thinking maddie was taken alive and out of portugal? IMO

Activity : 541

Back to top Go down

Post by Monty Heck 03.06.14 22:19

HelenMeg wrote:
CynicAl wrote:
PeterMac wrote:It looks like a lair to me.
And a hellish one at that.
Like someone else said - this all seems so odd - that journalists are allowed to take close up photos of this search. It doesnt seem professional  - just a sham 'dig'.
I mean - look at this..
  Digging to start next week (continuation of automatically locked thread) - UPDATE... starting today 2/6/14 Article-2647004-1E7080DC00000578-916_634x431
As mentioned above, such shots are likely taken with a long lens with the photographer quite a distance away from one of the many vantage points around this area.  The GNR have cordoned off the immediate area but there is housing in close proximity with access roads to these properties alongside. It is a hill so not possible to screen everywhere from view.  If anything relevant were uncovered then the immediate vicinity will in all likelihood be screened off and access prohibited or limited to authorised personnel.  We will have to wait and see whether that happens.
Monty Heck

Activity : 472

Back to top Go down

Post by CynicAl 03.06.14 22:22

HelenMeg wrote:All the photos (see Daily Fail) looked so staged  - we see them dig - we see them observe  - we see the dog (lovely lovely dog) we see the view - we see everything!  Why should we? Its a murder investigation..   
Digging to start next week (continuation of automatically locked thread) - UPDATE... starting today 2/6/14 Article-2647004-1E6DC42B00000578-350_634x586Digging to start next week (continuation of automatically locked thread) - UPDATE... starting today 2/6/14 Article-2647004-1E6DD5FD00000578-297_634x513

Yes it is. And if it comes up with something then the people who least want it to lead anywhere will scream and shout about being set up, or it being a less than transparent, haphazard investigation. The authorities have preempted that by conducting the whole thing, diversion or otherwise, in full scrutiny of multiple independent agencies.
CynicAl

Activity : 181

Back to top Go down

Post by Dutchgirl 03.06.14 22:29

Just seen this on facebook : 
8 people of interest to be took in for questioning by police...they have today took buckets of stuff to be tested??? Itv news just confirmed
Dutchgirl

Activity : 194

Back to top Go down

Post by HelenMeg 03.06.14 22:30

Tony Bennett wrote:
nobodythereeither wrote:

1. The veracity or otherwise of Coldwater's posts (which you have not yet said that you have actually read. Have you?) and Aiyoyo's suggestion that the conclusion of this case will show him to be right or wrong. It is that that I find illogical. I believe that Coldwater has already been shown to be wrong about many of the things he stated as fact, which was apparent as soon as the PJ files were made public, but because I don't have his posts to hand I can't be sure about that.

2. The likelihood of his/her having a British detective as a source who provided him/her with titbits about the case at social occasions.

a). Coldwater stopped posting because pros found out who he was and he was afraid for his family (or whatever) (Aiyoyo's given reason - which appears to be, er, purely his opinion).

b). The release of the PJ files into the public domain demonstrated that much of what Coldwater had previously posted (and which forum members lapped up) was fiction.

Or do you think it is complete coincidence that Coldwater stopped posting just at the point the case was shelved?
Somebody else up the thread asked whether anyone had preserved any of Coldwater's posts.

I have quite a few.

Indeed, back in the early days, early 2008 I think, I was prompted by something he said to send him a 'pm', and he replied.

Rather as 'nobodythereeither' has suggested above, the reply that came back was non-committal, vague and gave me no real answers tpo my questions.

But for those curious about his work, here's one I saved earlier, snipped and edited  primarily because there are a lot of libellous suggestions within it which I can't really circulate myself, even though it is someone else's opinion:

QUOTE COLDWATER

Coldwater wrote:

I've been dabbling with my sources again and thought you might all like to hear the distilled information they have imparted to me - (that which I can reveal, obviously).

Firstly I think it important to say that this investigation is nowhere near closure. As many will know, charges will only arrive when the investigation is officially at an end and not before.

Right now the investigation is focusing on May 2nd 10.00pm through to around 10.00pm May 3rd - a 24hr period in which it is now considered several crimes were committed.

The shift in emphasis to May 2nd is primarily due to the significant lack of independent evidence to support Maddy being seen alive during May 3rd by anyone outside of the TAPAS 9 - and even then only Oldfield actually 'saw' her. Maddy was not present at the creche or children's club. She did not eat with the others and there is NO CCTV footage of her anywhere in the complex or PDL at large beyond the afternoon of May 2nd.

It is also deemed of interest that Gerry missed his afternoon tennis session on May 3rd due to an 'Achilles' injury. It was his unannounced absence which actually drew Oldfield to the apartment and not Gerry asking him to check on Kate. Gerry was not present at the tennis courts and Oldfield went looking for him. Gerry was elsewhere entirely. It is now believed that Oldfield did NOT see Maddy during this brief visit.

It is no longer considered that Maddy's body was relocated using the Renault Scenic...

They all did eat at Chaplin's on May 2nd and they were contacted at Chaplin's by an employee of MW's with regard to the children - specifically the McCann children. This was followed up immediately upon their return to the MW complex.

Further questioning is to take place shortly and will encompass ALL TAPAS 9 elements, plus others. It is now expected that two others will be made or allowed to request Arguido/Arguida status...

Again, as far as my information allows, I can say that there is NO suggestion of pedophile involvement in any way...I think we should all sigh with relief over that. There have been errors in translation and information which may have led some down this murky pathway.

The above has been gleaned and distilled over Christmas from my three friends and sources. I can elucidate on some points but not others.

For instance the CCTV thing rumbles on. I am told that the PJ are in possession of a number of recordings, some of which are from the night of May 3rd. These do not ALL come from what you would traditionally think of as CCTV. They are 'installed' systems of varying quality. They also had something last week which proved...

(And so on...)

UNQUOTE

After the very vague reply I got from Coldwater, I completely ignored him thereafter
Interesting to see CW's posts again.  And now I remember where that rumour came from that the cleaner had been turned away.  Actually, the same stuff being discussed back then as now - achilles tendon and Gerrys whereabouts on May 2nd pm..ENCOURAGING
HelenMeg

Activity : 2081

Back to top Go down

Back to top Go down

Post by kevmack 03.06.14 22:31

The other thing to remember as well, in terms of a blow by blow, photographic account, is that we very much live in a different age, with 24/7 news reels, people with camera phones etc, I am immediately reminded of the internet meme "pics or it didn't happen" It's what the public expect now, a constant drip feed of pictures, video etc of every single event.  Even if the pictures are not officially endorsed, you can bet your last quid that there will be someone at a vantage point with suitable equipment.

In the last 10 years or so, the way that news is reported has changed beyond all recognition, look at any event reported by sky or the DM, they are all peppered with a running twitter/facebook commentary, by people who were there/knew the person etc, so I don't think that the existence of the pictures means that the entire dig is all for show, if fact, I think it would be quite ridiculous to imagine that all of those resources from both SY and GNR etc would be utilised to take a few pics, to make it look like they're doing something in order to elicit a cover up, I really, really don't.
kevmack

Activity : 241

Back to top Go down

Back to top Go down

Post by russiandoll 03.06.14 22:32

twitter   steve1anderson@steve1anderson 20m
More

@itvnews: Tomorrow, fibre-optic cameras will be used in drainpipes in Luz by police searching for Madeleine

The great enemy of the truth is very often not the lie — deliberate,
contrived and dishonest — but the myth — persistent, persuasive and
unrealistic.
~John F. Kennedy

russiandoll
russiandoll

Activity : 4058

Back to top Go down

Post by ulyssesoh 03.06.14 22:33

Had a sniff round on Google Earth historical images. The quality's not great - especially after compression via the forum's upload feature - but you can see the Met's "corrugated iron-covered hole" search area here (indicated by the orange arrow). Also, on the middle two images, form 2007, there's a small footpath coming off the road to that area (indicated by blue arrows). This is not visible in the 2006 or 2011 photos, though this might be due to poor quality in the former case. Thought this might interest some folks here.

Full image here: https://i.servimg.com/u/f39/18/65/00/32/110.jpg

Digging to start next week (continuation of automatically locked thread) - UPDATE... starting today 2/6/14 110
ulyssesoh

Activity : 15

Back to top Go down

Back to top Go down

Post by Dutchgirl 03.06.14 22:35

Digging to start next week (continuation of automatically locked thread) - UPDATE... starting today 2/6/14 BpPDBHZCQAEHxiT

• Retweets 3
  • Favorites
Dutchgirl

Back to top Go down

Post by MRNOODLES 03.06.14 22:42

Tony Bennett wrote:
nobodythereeither wrote:

I have quite a few.

QUOTE COLDWATER

Coldwater wrote:

(And so on...)

UNQUOTE

He actually used to write that much and he was pulling all out of his backside. Flippin' heck.
MRNOODLES
MRNOODLES

Activity : 1059

Back to top Go down

Post by TheTruthWillOut 03.06.14 22:43

Dutchgirl wrote:Just seen this on facebook : 
8 people of interest to be took in for questioning by police...they have today took buckets of stuff to be tested??? Itv news just confirmed

Got a link Dutchgirl?
TheTruthWillOut
TheTruthWillOut

Activity : 754

Back to top Go down

Post by Woofer 03.06.14 22:45

Sorry if this has been posted before - its taking me ages to catch up.  A fellow on the BBC News, a resident who owns the hotel over looking the search site, said that some guests who were staying there when Maddie disappeared found some childrens`clothes on that search site.  He said they reported it to the police but never heard anything more.
Woofer
Woofer

Activity : 3508

Back to top Go down

Post by Dutchgirl 03.06.14 22:48

TheTruthWillOut wrote:

Got a link Dutchgirl?
Hi TTWO - am looking, have tried twitter ITV, cant find anything,  and now on facebook this : 
BBC news......"Police are preparing to interview 8 people of interest in the coming days".....hmmmm spin  and a second ago this - Police are going to be interviewing 8 people of significant interest". Tyne tees news.
Dutchgirl

Back to top Go down

Post by Silverspeed 03.06.14 22:50

TheTruthWillOut wrote:

Got a link Dutchgirl?

I also saw this on the news a bit earlier. I think they also said something about questioning 3 supposed suspects who live nearby.
Silverspeed
Silverspeed

Activity : 443

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 03.06.14 22:58

I've just seen it on the ITV news. 8 persons of interest to be interviewed. Mmm, that's 9 minus 1, isn't it?
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Markus 2 03.06.14 23:02

Dee Coy wrote:I've just seen it on the ITV news. 8 persons of interest to be interviewed. Mmm, that's 9 minus 1, isn't it?

Madeleine McCann: 8 prime suspects British police want to investigate as they arrive in Portugal

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/madeleine-mccann-eight-prime-suspects-3511716#ixzz33cGLGv8f
Follow us: @DailyMirror on Twitter | DailyMirror on Facebook

So is this the same eight
three suspects are believed to be former employees of the Ocean Club apartments where the McCann's stayed.

Markus 2

Back to top Go down

Post by noddy100 03.06.14 23:03

Dee Coy wrote:I've just seen it on the ITV news. 8 persons of interest to be interviewed. Mmm, that's 9 minus 1, isn't it?
I thought perhaps UK questioning as SY don't have powers to arrest in Portugal do they?
noddy100

Activity : 760

Back to top Go down

Post by TheTruthWillOut 03.06.14 23:03

Dutchgirl wrote:
TheTruthWillOut wrote:

Got a link Dutchgirl?
Hi TTWO - am looking, have tried twitter ITV, cant find anything,  and now on facebook this : 
BBC news......"Police are preparing to interview 8 people of interest in the coming days".....hmmmm spin  and a second ago this - Police are going to be interviewing 8 people of significant interest". Tyne tees news.

Oh thanks, I got confused! I thought it was BBC/ITV/Tyne Tees Twitter/Facebook reporting this. If it was on TV, it must be true.

8 people is interesting. Tapas 9 minus DW? Or 2/3 local "helpers" and 5/6 Tapas? Definitely not a lone stranger that's for sure....
TheTruthWillOut
TheTruthWillOut

Activity : 754

Back to top Go down

Post by Markus 2 03.06.14 23:06

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/madeleine-mccann-eight-prime-suspects-3511716

Looks like they are going down this road again
Markus 2

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 40 1, 2, 3 ... 20 ... 40  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top