The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

Digging to start next week - UPDATE... starting today 2/6/14 - Page 13 Mm11

Digging to start next week - UPDATE... starting today 2/6/14 - Page 13 Regist10
The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

Digging to start next week - UPDATE... starting today 2/6/14 - Page 13 Mm11

Digging to start next week - UPDATE... starting today 2/6/14 - Page 13 Regist10

Digging to start next week - UPDATE... starting today 2/6/14

Page 13 of 40 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 26 ... 40  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Digging to start next week - UPDATE... starting today 2/6/14 - Page 13 Empty Re: Digging to start next week - UPDATE... starting today 2/6/14

Post by bobbin 01.06.14 18:17

Justformaddie wrote:Surely they wouldn't be allowed to check graves, would they?
A relative was walking through Père Lachaise, the famous cemetery in Paris, to see Jim Morrison's grave when she was assailed by one of the worst smells she has ever encountered. Fenced off was a zone where an old man was being exhumed, after many years in situ.
Police all around, some sort of DNA testing was going to be done for whatever reason.
Presumably then the catholic church cannot hinder an essential 'homicide' or other uncertain death.
If it could do then all murdering criminals would just head off to the local cemetery and walk away scot free.
I imagine anyway, that there must be a balance struck between church sanctity and the state/legal need to complete an investigation.
I might be wrong.
bobbin

Activity : 2240

Back to top Go down

Digging to start next week - UPDATE... starting today 2/6/14 - Page 13 Empty Re: Digging to start next week - UPDATE... starting today 2/6/14

Post by stillsloppingout 01.06.14 18:49

bobbin wrote:
Justformaddie wrote:Surely they wouldn't be allowed to check graves, would they?
A relative was walking through Père Lachaise, the famous cemetery in Paris, to see Jim Morrison's grave when she was assailed by one of the worst smells she has ever encountered. Fenced off was a zone where an old man was being exhumed, after many years in situ.
Police all around, some sort of DNA testing was going to be done for whatever reason.
Presumably then the catholic church cannot hinder an essential 'homicide' or other uncertain death.
If it could do then all murdering criminals would just head off to the local cemetery and walk away scot free.
I imagine anyway, that there must be a balance struck between church sanctity and the state/legal need to complete an investigation.
I might be wrong.
BL**DY HELL i was about to eat a cheese toastie !!!! sad
stillsloppingout
stillsloppingout

Activity : 540

Back to top Go down

Post by stillsloppingout 01.06.14 19:03

Apologies if already posted 

Interesting story about the Back Dahlia murders from the 1940's in Hollywood [ on the mail online ] 

A cadaver dog discovered the faint trace of human remains in Nov 2012 , some 70 years later , so if there is anything around PDL it will still be in the air so to speak .
stillsloppingout
stillsloppingout

Activity : 540

Back to top Go down

Post by bobbin 01.06.14 19:04

stillsloppingout wrote:
bobbin wrote:
I might be wrong.

Sorry, I was most indelicate, seeing as it's a Sunday.

Take a big breath, look at the trees out in the garden, listen to the birds and pretend you haven't seen my post.  friends 
bobbin

Activity : 2240

Back to top Go down

Post by NickE 01.06.14 22:00

Digging to start next week - UPDATE... starting today 2/6/14 - Page 13 P6qkrp10
From Twitter....Jenny Murat???
NickE
NickE

Activity : 2151

Back to top Go down

Post by Dutchgirl 01.06.14 22:01

Digging to start next week - UPDATE... starting today 2/6/14 - Page 13 Star-1-329x437

Looks like Jenny Murat has invited the dig on her garden.
Dutchgirl

Activity : 194

Back to top Go down

Post by Justformaddie 01.06.14 22:11

stillsloppingout wrote:
bobbin wrote:
I might be wrong.
 spit coffee

Activity : 541

Back to top Go down

Post by russiandoll 02.06.14 0:31

today's Daily Star

By Jerry Lawton/Published 2nd June 2014

Digging to start next week - UPDATE... starting today 2/6/14 - Page 13 538ba20282c96_CompositeMaddie

ULTIMATUM: The mother of ex-suspect Robert Murat is confident that Police would return empty-handed if they took her up on her offer of digging in the family's back garden [EPA / MARK KEHOE ]

Jenny Murat told British detectives: “Come and dig up my garden if you think it will help your search.”

Her son Robert Murat, 40, has been probed then eliminated as an official suspect – or arguido – by Portuguese police.

Jenny Murat wrote:“They won’t find a thing but if they need to do it as part of their investigation they’re welcome”

She added: “They won’t find a thing but if they need to do it as part of their investigation they’re welcome.

“That poor girl’s parents need some answers after seven years.”

British ex-pat Jenny, 78, lives just 100 yards away from the holiday flat in Portugal’s Praia da Luz where Maddie vanished. She said Scotland Yard had not been in contact yet.

She was speaking as British and Portuguese police prepare to dig up parts of the resort.

She added: “I’ve had it all before when my son Robert was living here and now I’m thinking: ‘Not again.’
Related articles

• British Maddie cops touch down in Portugal ready to dig site near disappearance
  • Portuguese give permission for Maddie evidence dig
  • Burglar 'was quizzed over sex assaults linked to Madeleine McCann before he died'

“But if it helps police rule out a certain scenario, let it be. We’ve got nothing to hide.”

She added: “I’ve been away in England for a while but I’m home now and my garden’s overgrown and full of weeds.”

She said police had originally searched her home and garden in July 2007, just two months after the then three-year-old vanished as her parents dined nearby. She said: “I remember it only too well.

“There were six policemen with sniffer dogs all over the place.”

She insists the new dig will anger locals adding: “They feel it could ruin our tourism industry.”

The great enemy of the truth is very often not the lie — deliberate,
contrived and dishonest — but the myth — persistent, persuasive and
unrealistic.
~John F. Kennedy

russiandoll
russiandoll

Activity : 4058

Back to top Go down

Post by sallypelt 02.06.14 1:14

British police to start latest phase of Madeleine McCann hunt

British police will begin the latest phase in the hunt for missing Madeleine McCann today by excavating a number of sites in the Algarve.

Detectives are flying to Praia da Luz where Madeleine, three, vanished seven years ago in a new search for clues.

Officers will use radar penetration equipment to look for signs of soil disturbance while mechanical diggers will carry out full excavations. Trained sniffer dogs will also be used to search for human remains. The main target is a fenced-off wasteland area the size of three football pitches 100 yards from the Ocean Club apartment where her family was staying.

There were plans to build a new Irish-backed holiday hotel complex on the vacant site until the project was shelved after the economy in Ireland collapsed.

The new search operation, which could last up to a week, was instigated by Prime Minister David Cameron after Portuguese police failed to find Madeleine.

She went missing on May 3, 2007, while her parents Kate and Gerry were having dinner with friends at a nearby tapas restaurant.

Three separate search warrants have been submitted to Portuguese Attorney-General’s office and the investigation team is now awaiting final permission to start work.

The Metropolitan Police declined to comment yesterday. But last month, Assistant Commissioner Mark Rowley said there would be a “substantial phase of activity involving Portuguese police with British police in support”.

The Scotland Yard team also intends to interview eight Portuguese nationals. The costs of the work will be met by Scotland Yard.
http://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/479670/Police-start-new-phase-in-hunt-for-Maddie?
utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+daily-express-news-showbiz+%28Daily+Express+%3A%3A+News+%2F+Showbiz+Feed%29&utm_content=Yahoo+Search+Results
sallypelt

Activity : 5319

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanmonroe 02.06.14 2:06

She added: “I’ve been away in England for a while but I’m home now and my garden’s overgrown and full of weeds.”

I DIDN'T KNOW THE MET POLICE WERE ALREADY IN HER GARDEN!  laughat laughat laughat

The MET/SY have brought all this 'ridicule' on themselves, with their totally 'inept/strange' investigation, imo.

eta: there's a CW on tonight.

Maybe a 'last minute' added Maddie update 'special' with all this 'activity' going on?  winkwink
jeanmonroe

Activity : 7756

Back to top Go down

Digging to start next week - UPDATE... starting today 2/6/14 - Page 13 Empty BBC live from PDL just after 7am

Post by Searcgforthetruth 02.06.14 6:57

Site taped off and ready to start digging
Searcgforthetruth

Activity : 38

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 02.06.14 7:12

Searcgforthetruth wrote:Site taped off and ready to start digging

Sky News

By Tom Parmenter, Sky News Correspondent
Police searching for Madeleine McCann have sealed off an area in Praia da Luz, where they are expected to begin digging.

It marks a significant new phase of the investigation into her disappearance while she was on holiday with her family in the Portuguese resort in May 2007.

Several parts of the town have been identified as potential search sites including an area of scrubland close to the apartment where the McCanns had been staying.

The land which had been earmarked for development is now fenced off but was an open area on the night of Madeleine's disappearance.

Her parents Kate and Gerry McCann have not travelled to Portugal but will be kept up to date with any developments.

British expat residents in Praia da Luz confirmed to Sky News that they had recently seen a military aircraft flying for long periods possibly conducting aerial reconnaissance.

Former Metropolitan Police search adviser Keith Farquharson told Sky News: "They wouldn't just be identifying that part by plucking it out of thin air they have obviously got hard information and the evidence trail is leading to that particular area."

Mr Farquharson explained what is likely to happen next: "The area will be properly mapped with GPS coordinates for each one of those sites.

"Those areas will then be broken into smaller areas which will be easier to search,  then you would send in the ground penetrating radar which will look for anomalies below the surface.

"Once those anomalies are identified then in my experience you would deploy victim recovery dogs to those particular areas."

As they are working alongside the Portuguese authorities the Metropolitan Police are giving out very few details about the new phase of the investigation or how long it will last.

More follows...

http://news.sky.com/story/1273546/madeleine-mccann-search-area-sealed-off
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Digging to start next week - UPDATE... starting today 2/6/14 - Page 13 Empty Farquharson makes a pronouncement

Post by Tony Bennett 02.06.14 7:15

"...military aircraft flying for long periods possibly conducting aerial reconnaissance..."

"obviously got hard information".

Obvious, isn't it?

[Keith Farquharson here:

https://www.linkedin.com/pub/keith-farquharson/7https://www.linkedin.com/pub/keith-farquharson/72/62b/9362/62b/936 ]

ETA:  From 7.14am, BBC running these two top stories:

1st. Savile guilty of over 500 sex crimes

2nd. Digging for Madeleine McCann

Two stories which in their different ways both touch the heart of the British political and media establishment

Dr Martin Roberts: "The evidence is that these are the pjyamas Madeleine wore on holiday in Praia da Luz. They were photographed and the photo handed to a press agency, who released it on 8 May, as the search for Madeleine continued. The McCanns held up these same pyjamas at two press conferences on 5 & 7June 2007. How could Madeleine have been abducted?"

Amelie McCann (aged 2): "Maddie's jammies!".  

Tony Bennett
Tony Bennett
Researcher

Activity : 24770

Back to top Go down

Post by ultimaThule 02.06.14 7:18

jeanmonroe wrote:She added: “I’ve been away in England for a while but I’m home now and my garden’s overgrown and full of weeds.”

I DIDN'T KNOW THE MET POLICE WERE ALREADY IN HER GARDEN!  laughat laughat laughat

The MET/SY have brought all this 'ridicule' on themselves, with their totally 'inept/strange' investigation, imo.

eta: there's a CW on tonight.

Maybe a 'last minute' added Maddie update 'special' with all this 'activity' going on?  winkwink

No mention as yet of any update re Maddie but tonight's Crimewatch will feature the case of Suzanne Pilley which is unlikely to bring any comfort to the McCanns as it resulted in yet another successful prosecution for murder without a body.  (tick tock)

Suzanne's father talks of 'the door' to closure being 'ajar', while her mother grieves for their daughter who is "lying somewhere and nobody knows - as if nobody loved her". http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-edinburgh-east-fife-27648712
ultimaThule
ultimaThule

Activity : 3376

Back to top Go down

Digging to start next week - UPDATE... starting today 2/6/14 - Page 13 Empty Hill top dig site

Post by Trainer 02.06.14 7:44

Bbc news showing a police van parked at the dig site appears to be at the top of a hill in scrub land
Trainer
Trainer

Activity : 56

Back to top Go down

Post by PeterMac 02.06.14 7:59

The next few days may prove interesting - or Not, as the case may be.
PeterMac
PeterMac
Investigator

Activity : 16594

http://whatreallyhappenedtomadeleinemccann.blogspot.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post by ChippyM 02.06.14 8:22

From the bbc report ;

"
A 77-year-old man who has lived near the area of scrubland for 13 years told the BBC the latest search was "ridiculous".
"The police have been here before," said the man, who did not want to be named.
"We all helped search this area three or four days after it [Madeleine's disappearance] happened.
"I walk my dog every day and no one was digging holes."

A good point, as discussed here many times it's very unlikely anyone was digging holes right after she disapeared, then again we have the dna that indicated something was defrosting and being transported in the hire car weeks later.  Maybe nothing was buried there but temporarily hidden.
ChippyM

Activity : 1817

Back to top Go down

Digging to start next week - UPDATE... starting today 2/6/14 - Page 13 Empty It's started; the spades are out

Post by suspiciousd 02.06.14 8:28

just shown on gmtv......or is it good morning Britain this week?
showing police cordons set up and saying that they are just waiting for the met to come and take charge??? Really??? Lol
anyone with local knowledge have any idea where they are as it looks like a field ,not really urban looking .......gonna be an interesting week methinks
suspiciousd

Activity : 23

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 02.06.14 8:29

Plenty on the BBC news about digging in PdL but no mention of long-awaited developments in the McCann's case against the ex-policeman they accuse of damaging the search for Madeleine. Surely some oversight? BBC news really does have some issues with balance of coverage doesn't it?
Mind you, having appointed Nick Robinson, former National Chair of the Young Conservatives, as their Political Editor, I suppose balance is no longer a priority for them.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by PeterMac 02.06.14 8:30

ChippyM wrote:From the bbc report ;

A 77-year-old man who has lived near the area of scrubland for 13 years told the BBC the latest search was "ridiculous".
"We all helped search this area three or four days after it [Madeleine's disappearance] happened.
   A good point, as discussed here many times it's very unlikely anyone was digging holes right after she disapeared, then again we have the dna that indicated something was defrosting and being transported in the hire car weeks later.  Maybe nothing was buried there but temporarily hidden.

OR, was not buried in the weeks immediately following but was buried at a later date, so that the defrosting left the trace in the boot space of the car AND on the key fob used by whoever lifted the body into the car and then drove it.
But that still leaves sites close to PdL as highly unlikely
We shall see.

But now lets' s LOØk over There !
PeterMac
PeterMac
Investigator

Activity : 16594

http://whatreallyhappenedtomadeleinemccann.blogspot.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post by canada12 02.06.14 8:31

I can't see anybody choosing the site to permanently bury something - not if the site was (and maybe still is) destined to be developed at some point. That would mean whatever was buried there would likely be discovered, and the usual aim of burying something is that it won't be discovered, ever. .

Which does leave some interesting situations.
1. As mentioned above, something was buried there temporarily, after the land had been searched the first time, and then removed, and what was there has left behind some clues which may be uncovered now.
2. Something was buried there with the intent of moving it later, but for some reason that removal never happened - either there wasn't time, or they were being watched... or the suspect(s) decided to leave the country before they had a chance to move it...
3. Something was deliberately buried there with the intention that it would be discovered when the land was dug up for development. Possibly something which the suspect(s) hoped might point away from them but at the same time, prove that Madeleine was abducted.
4. Nothing at all was buried there.
canada12

Activity : 1698

Back to top Go down

Post by canada12 02.06.14 8:34

ChippyM wrote:From the bbc report ;

"

Maybe the digging went on at night, when nobody was walking their dogs and everyone who might have seen anything from their balconies or windows was fast asleep in their beds.
canada12

Activity : 1698

Back to top Go down

Digging to start next week - UPDATE... starting today 2/6/14 - Page 13 Empty are the courts incharge of what might be found

Post by cass7 02.06.14 8:39

ok i know there is a digging thread , and also mcanns wont go back to portugal , hasnt anyone thought that the reason they are NOT going back is because they have been told to stay away , now if it is believed madeleine is aoc who will take charge of that , will someone from the uk be there incase they find a body , and yes we know that it is believed the mcanns will be updated , they are her parants but would the state have a big say in what happens after?
cass7
cass7

Activity : 143

Back to top Go down

Post by Sceptic 02.06.14 8:44

Excuse my lack of knowledge but I thought the area adjacent to smith man was flat - the area being shown on this mornings news is that not the area gerry blogged about there jogging times?
Sceptic

Activity : 311

Back to top Go down

Post by Bishop Brennan 02.06.14 8:53

canada12 wrote:
Maybe the digging went on at night, when nobody was walking their dogs and everyone who might have seen anything from their balconies or windows was fast asleep in their beds.

That would be even more suspicious!  At least during the day you can pretend you are a builder, or utility company. At night you are dodgy beyond belief.  Not to mention that the sound of digging and shovelling would be heard clearly from all apartments in the clear night air.[/quote]
Bishop Brennan
Bishop Brennan

Activity : 920

Back to top Go down

Page 13 of 40 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 26 ... 40  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top