The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

CRIMEWATCH Update on MadeleineMcCann case tonight 19th March - Page 9 Mm11

CRIMEWATCH Update on MadeleineMcCann case tonight 19th March - Page 9 Regist10
The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

CRIMEWATCH Update on MadeleineMcCann case tonight 19th March - Page 9 Mm11

CRIMEWATCH Update on MadeleineMcCann case tonight 19th March - Page 9 Regist10

CRIMEWATCH Update on MadeleineMcCann case tonight 19th March

Page 9 of 36 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 22 ... 36  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

CRIMEWATCH Update on MadeleineMcCann case tonight 19th March - Page 9 Empty Re: CRIMEWATCH Update on MadeleineMcCann case tonight 19th March

Post by Dr What 19.03.14 18:30

This just seems a massive dump of drivel.

All the time that has passed, and the 'investigation' team suddenly finds some other historical line of investigation to pursue.

It really is all beyond parody.It just appears utterly incompetent, doesn't it.As has been said many times before, eliminate family members first from the investigation, and then move outwards.Don't start from the farthest point and move inwards.Otherwise, we could all be here for........

If that is the objective, then our boys are doing a good job.
Dr What

Activity : 286

Back to top Go down

CRIMEWATCH Update on MadeleineMcCann case tonight 19th March - Page 9 Empty Re: CRIMEWATCH Update on MadeleineMcCann case tonight 19th March

Post by bobby18 19.03.14 18:30

MRNOODLES wrote:CRIMEWATCH Update on MadeleineMcCann case tonight 19th March - Page 9 Arsenal%20kits

Arsenal 05 shirt innit
Exactly the first thing, I thought!
bobby18

Activity : 73

Back to top Go down

Post by lj 19.03.14 18:31

MILLIE wrote:DCI Redwood states 

Whilst not identical, there are many similar aspects to each of the incidents in that in most cases

• there were no signs of forced entry to the property,
  • nothing was taken,
  • and the intruder appeared in the early hours of the morning between 02.00hrs and 05.00hrs

well, as Meatloaf once said, two out of three aint bad, DCI Redwood. Keep going.  sarcastic 

Oh yes, the intruder called by with a most inconspicuous means of transportation, that ideally unobtrusive and quiet vehicle....a bin lorry!

CRIMEWATCH Update on MadeleineMcCann case tonight 19th March - Page 9 9k=

No signs of forced entry?

What happened to the jemmied shutters?

http://pjga.blogspot.co.uk/?m=0

http://whatreallyhappenedtomadeleinemccann.blogspot.co.uk/
lj
lj

Activity : 3590

Back to top Go down

Post by j.rob 19.03.14 18:32

Kate writes about these incidences in her book. On page 323 she writes about 'the record of sexual crimes against children in the Algarve.'
She writes: 'I read of five cases of British children on holiday being sexually abused in their beds while their parents slept in another room. In three further incidents, children encountered an intruder in their bedrooms, who was  presumably disturbed before he had the chance to carry out an assault. I guessed these were the reports that Bill Henderson, the British consul at the time of Madeleine's abduction, had told me about.'

'These incidents has occurred within an hour's drive of Praia da Luz over the three years prior to Madeleine's disappearance. The PJ had never mentioned any of them to us. In fact, I gathered from the files, some of them hadn't even been recorded by the authorities at the time they were reported (evidently they were not considered to be actual crimes.'

' So they might not have come to light if the parents of these children hadn't been brave enough to come forward to the British police after Madeleine was taken and relive their nightmares. They did so in the belief that there could be a link between what had happened to their children and what had happened to her.'

'It broke my heart to read the terrible accounts of these devastated parents and the experiences of their poor children......there was a familiar thread running through them all. The parents had called the police; they hadn't felt that the crime was taken seriously by the police or by their tour operators; statements were often not take; DNA and fingerprint evidence was frequently not sought. In most cases there was no sign of a break-in.'

Kate then quotes from a letter of complaint from one mother to the GNR regarding the sexual abuse of her daughter and the lack of proper attention paid to it by the authorities with the mother allegedly writing: 'It did not appear to us that there was any great incentive or determination to find the offender and bring him to justice.......Furthermore, it could all have been so much worse.....indeed this man could go on to do much worse to another child if he's not stopped now.'

Kate then writes: 'Six months later our beloved Madeleine was grabbed from her bed'.  While she then acknowledges that these children were not abducted and the crimes may be completely unrelated she writes: 'What these cases do demonstrate, however, is that British tourists in holiday accommodation were being targeted. At the very least, the possibility of a link between these incidents and Madeleine's disappearance should have been investigated.'

While it is extremely peculiar that these offences did not appear to come to light over here, could it be the the Met are painstakingly ruling out all possible suspects as advanced by the McCanns? If these crimes are proven to be entirely unrelated to what happened to Madeleine, another plank of the McCann construct is removed. The Jane Tanner sighting, which was always a key to their theory, has been eliminated. Which leaves  the Smith sighting which Kate in her book suggests is the same person  seen by Jane Tanner. 

Kate in her book is obliged to ask the obvious question about why the abductor should be wandering around with Madeleine for three-quarters of an hour but  is unable to proved an answer: 'Who knows why there was a forty-five minute gap between the two sightings, or where this man might have been in between? I long ago stopped trying to come up with answers because I don't think I need to. If the child was Madeleine - and in four years no father has ever come forward to say it was him and his daughter - why would we assume he would be behaving normally or logically? There is nothing normal about stealing a little girl from her bed, so why should his subsequent actions be predictable? The abductor would hardly have been expecting to see Jane walking towards him as he escaped, let alone have anticipated that Gerry would be standing talking round the corner. Whatever plan was in his mind, he might well have been forced by these near misses to change it pretty quickly.'

Indeed - it's interesting how the abductor walked right past Gerry McCann. Then Jez Wilkins popped up. It appears there were indeed, as Kate writes, quite a few near misses for this particular 'abductor' who it appears was forced to change his plan and pretty quickly. And odder too that the father that the Smith family spotted - who looked remarkably like Gerry McCann carrying a heavily sleeping little girl - has  never come forward to the police so he can be eliminated from the enquiry?

I love Kate's comment about not needing to come up with any answers. The exquisite irony of just about everything she write is farcical. And of course, in her own way, she has actually come up with quite a few answers.
j.rob

Activity : 2511

Back to top Go down

Post by PeterMac 19.03.14 18:35

#mccann on twitter is absolutely loving this.
PeterMac
PeterMac
Investigator

Activity : 16604

http://whatreallyhappenedtomadeleinemccann.blogspot.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post by bobby18 19.03.14 18:35

Cristobell wrote:
tasprin wrote:DCI Redwood has discounted Tannerman and the 9.15 timeline. The focus is on the time between 9.40 - 10 pm. SY are still looking for Smithman and now they think there is a possibility Madeleine did not leave the apartment alive:

'there was a possibility that Madeleine had not left her family's holiday apartment alive when she disappeared in May 2007.

Redwood said the assumption that Madeleine had been alive "may not follow with all our thinking" on the case'

They are clearly investigating the theory that Madeleine died in the apartment.  Gerry must be hopping mad right now and Kate will be battering the walls.  They have spent all those millions stopping people from saying that, and now the Chief Detective in their case is saying it on National television!
Good point and has helped me through my initial slump following this development.

If it does lead to the theory that MBM died in 5A, surely the dog findings need to looked at openly - ALL of it!
bobby18

Activity : 73

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 19.03.14 18:40

NickE wrote:
Châtelaine wrote:Coming back t the computer, I found a 19 pages on this subject, so haven't read it all yet.

Could someone, please, direct me again to the link, where I can watch BBC1 whilst living in France?
[I promise, that this time I will take proper note and remember ...]

ETA I take it that K&G will not be present tonight ... ?
http://www.time4tv.com/2011/06/bbc-one.php

(Stream 5)  thumbsup
Thank you, Nick, but it doesn't seem to work for me: I only get sound, no images ...
There were one or two other links, which I've used previously, but cannot remember.
Anyone????
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by j.rob 19.03.14 18:48

And if Redwood is also exploring the possibility that Madeleine did not leave the apartment alive - challenging the McCann's assumption that Madeleine was kidnapped - that pretty much removes the last plank, doesn't it?

In any event, if these other crimes did take place, and even if they have nothing to do with Madeleine's disappearance, it is a much better use of police time than many of the CM 'sightings' that were sending everyone on a wild goose chase for so long.

I think this is reasonably promising.

Slowly, slowly catch the monkey.
j.rob

Activity : 2511

Back to top Go down

Post by plebgate 19.03.14 18:53

5 sets of parents asleep when their children were assaulted in their bedrooms.   So all five sets of  parents went to bed and failed to secure their rental property.   HUH.  I don't get it.    I really don't.
plebgate

Activity : 8938

Back to top Go down

Post by ultimaThule 19.03.14 18:57

bobby18 wrote:
MRNOODLES wrote:CRIMEWATCH Update on MadeleineMcCann case tonight 19th March - Page 9 Arsenal%20kits

Arsenal 05 shirt innit
Exactly the first thing, I thought!
I LOVE IT. Mr Noodles.  A not so subliminal message to you-know-who that 'the gunners have got you in their sights'.  Mrs

I wonder when the troops will storm the Towers and take no two prisoners?  big grin
ultimaThule
ultimaThule

Activity : 3376

Back to top Go down

Post by Rasputin 19.03.14 19:05

I wonder if K & G regret witholding those efits now ...knowing they could have possibly helped identify the serial abuser of the Algarve ?.....Mr Redwood must be feeling very cross with them by now !

Activity : 269

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 19.03.14 19:13

AR on Dutch national news broadcast just now.

Nothing said we have not yet discussed just now
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by aiyoyo 19.03.14 19:24

So the hugh 5000 responses were utterly unless then if they're still searching for "Target" lost model ?

Whatever happens to the interview of the 3-burglars home searches and bank account searches that Redwood and team was supposed to have carried out ? All futile presumably!

The talked-about 'imminent' arrest must be postponed till they find the bin man........honestly !

aiyoyo
aiyoyo

Activity : 10084

Back to top Go down

Post by Brucedog 19.03.14 19:26

Seeing rasputins avatar of Monty Python, and looking at sy investigation I am reminded of the scene in Life of Brian where Brian is forced to hide at the hq of the people's Judaean front. Hundreds of roman soldiers run in, in fact they search twice as they 'missed a bit'. And end up finding a spoon.

Invetigation in progress.
Operation grange investigates
Brucedog

Activity : 3

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 19.03.14 19:27

Châtelaine wrote:
NickE wrote:
Châtelaine wrote:Coming back t the computer, I found a 19 pages on this subject, so haven't read it all yet.

Could someone, please, direct me again to the link, where I can watch BBC1 whilst living in France?
[I promise, that this time I will take proper note and remember ...]

ETA I take it that K&G will not be present tonight ... ?
http://www.time4tv.com/2011/06/bbc-one.php

(Stream 5)  thumbsup
Thank you, Nick, but it doesn't seem to work for me: I only get sound, no images ...
There were one or two other links, which I've used previously, but cannot remember.
Anyone????

Try Filmon Chatelaine:
https://www.filmon.com/
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 19.03.14 19:37

Thank you :-)
onehand was also kind enough to PM me.
filmon.com works fine for me!
1,5 hour to go ...
I do, almost literally, hold my breath  yes 

and wonder, if this is going to be yet another fishing expedition  winkwink
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Cristobell 19.03.14 19:43

aiyoyo wrote:

So the hugh 5000 responses were utterly unless then if they're still searching for "Target" lost model ?

Whatever happens to the interview of the 3-burglars home searches and bank account searches that Redwood and team was supposed to have carried out ?  All futile presumably!

The talked-about 'imminent' arrest must be postponed till they find the bin man........honestly !

I am starting to think that all these dopey lines of enquiry and appeals are coming from the McCanns.  We know how 'lawyered up' they are, and it may be that in their defence, they could claim that a child molester was working in the Algarve and the police refused to follow it up, ergo they are innocent.  

I actually just watched the short video of DCI Redwood's latest appearance, and saw it as direct challenge to the McCanns.  Kate claimed in her book that kids were being sexually assaulted on the Algarve, as far as we know there has never been any tangible evidence of this, so the DCI may be calling their bluff.
Cristobell

Activity : 2552

Back to top Go down

Post by Nina 19.03.14 19:49

Just seen it on Spanish news programme regarding the new break through and the sexual assaults of the other children.
At the same time they showed three photographs of Madeleine, the blue eye shadow one, the large ice cream one and the laid back by the skirting board one. So three photographs that have made many people feel uncomfortable, myself included. The News reader appeared to be not convinced, even down to a shrug of her shoulder and raised eyebrow.

Activity : 3218

Back to top Go down

Post by Watching 19.03.14 19:50

Portia wrote:
Tony Bennett wrote:BREAKING MADELEINE MCCANN NEWS:

Evening Standard, a few minutes ago:

Hunt for sex fiend who assaulted five young British girls on holiday in the Algarve

Detectives probing the disappearance of Madeleine McCann revealed today they are hunting a sex fiend who assaulted five other young British girls on holiday on the Algarve.

In a sensational development, Scotland Yard announced officers are investigating 12 potentially linked crimes in holiday resorts near to where Madeleine vanished in 2007.

In every case a man broke into mainly holiday villas occupied by British families -—and in four of them he assaulted five young white girls aged seven to 10 as they lay in bed. On one occasion he assaulted two girls in the same villa.

Many of the attacks were between 2004 and 2006, which was the year before Madeleine went missing from her bed in a holiday apartment in Praia de Luz. The most recent break-in was reported in 2010.

Police say that while the crimes are not identical, most are similar. There were no signs of forced entry, nothing was taken and the intruder appeared between 2am and 5am.

Most of the offences took place in the low season and on two occasions people reported hearing the noise of a bin collection lorry nearby.

Detectives believe that the suspect may have been in a villa looking around “for some time” before committing the offences.

In some cases the parent or the child woke up and disturbed the intruder but police say the man stayed calm even when confronted.

Of the 12 cases, two occurred in Praia de Luz — where Madeleine was staying when she disappeared — four in the holiday resort of Carvoeiro and six in the Vale da Parra and Praia da Gale districts west of Albufeira.

Detectives believe there could be more cases of similar crimes where victims’ families did not bother to report them to police. They urged those people to come forward and released an image of a distinctive red T-shirt linked to the hunt.

Madeleine was three when she vanished from her holiday apartment as her parents Kate and Gerry dined at a nearby tapas restaurant with friends in May 2007.

CRIMEWATCH Update on MadeleineMcCann case tonight 19th March - Page 9 Top

This distinctive red hooped t-shirt is linked to the hunt
Broke into MAINLY holiday villas?

Could we be a bit more specific on where precisely the break in is purported to have occurred? Please?

(not you, mr Bennett, the other guys)

'Detectives believe there could be more cases of similar crimes where victims’ families did not bother to report them to police.'

Brits abroad tut tut - they leave their sick kids alone at night  in holiday flats to go out boozing - and they don't bother reporting to police when intruders come into the holiday accommodation and sexually abuse their children.

If anyone is to believe that then there are more than Mr & Mrs needing locked up!

Watching

Activity : 293

Back to top Go down

Post by ultimaThule 19.03.14 20:00

Glad Sad news, folks.  The end of the lifestyle fund is in sight:
http://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2014/mar/19/madeleine-mccann-breakthrough-attacks-family

The accountaints must be relieved at the thought of not having to disguise the upkeep of Rothley Towers and its inhabitants as 'merchandising' at year end, but what's going to happen to the stock of 'good quality' wristbands, t-shirts, and other assorted tat items which were bought in for the new 'shopping experience'?
ultimaThule
ultimaThule

Activity : 3376

Back to top Go down

Post by nglfi 19.03.14 20:06

I'm seeing this whole farce in quite a simple, black and white tone now. Rebekah Brooks pestered DC to reopen a case because it would sell papers. Dave obliged because she holds some sway over him (she obviously knows many things she shouldn't). He set aside £7 mill for it, not a massive amount when you consider what she'll do if she doesn't get her way. SY have been given a simple remit - look busy. Put stories out there. Leak things to the press. Do nothing more than that. Simple as that. Meanwhile, the Portuguese continue with gathering evidence against the Mcs.
nglfi

Activity : 866

Back to top Go down

CRIMEWATCH Update on MadeleineMcCann case tonight 19th March - Page 9 Empty I was an unknown unknown

Post by Tony Bennett 19.03.14 20:17

In May twenty-eleven I was an unknown unknown

Working my way up the tree

Just an anonymous DCI

Under-achieving little ol’ me.

Then came Rebekah telling Dave what to do

She was very ‘persuasive’, you see

Grange was begun; I was in charge

An achievement of sorts for young me.

Do what you’re told, stick to our plan

That’s what the boss ordered me

When it’s all done, promotion and pension

An achievement for you, as you’ll see.

Millions of pounds, and thirty-eight staff

Appearances on British TV

Trips to the Algarve, ‘twas too good to be true

A fantastic achievement for me.

I pondered and thought about what I should do

It was my job to locate the key

For Madeleine at nine, an artist I used

The first real achievement by me.

The sketch went viral, in a media spiral

The nation was asked to look-see

If they could find Madeleine with the aid of my sketch

A result, an achievement for me.

I told of research, documents and files

The conclusion I came to would be

That Madeleine was alive, or then, maybe dead

A conclusive conclusion by me.

A whole year went by - and then came my chance

CrimeWatch: in prime time: BBC    

For months I prepared, rehearsing my lines

A new level of achievement for me.

Persons of interest galore, a media furore

At last I was earning my fee

Two e-fits, four more, suspects by the score

A programme 6.7 million would see.

I told them in plainspeak, I had drawn everything back

To zero, the right place for me

Then my trump card, my ‘crecheman’ was shown

The person that Tanner did see.

On the nineteenth of March my statement went out

As bold as could possibly be

I’ll tell you about it, nowt I’ll leave out

The crowning achievement for me.

First off I announced my breathtaking news

Of I L O R’s to Portugal – there’d been three

30 more to countries all over the globe

Not to be sneezed at, I’m sure you’ll agree.

Priority areas of work were important

Indeed, they were a pri - ori - ty

Of these there were a whole forty - and one

And we still haven’t finished, believe me.

Mobile ‘phones we began checking, 11,000 and more

To trace who was where on May three

We’d match them to ‘phone pings to see where they were

Great detective work once more by me.

The priority work was truly astonishing

287 separate requests came to be

How could I be so sure of the numbers involved?

The person who counted was me.

How many statements have we taken by now?

I counted those up too, over tea

It was over 500, of that I’m sure

Very possibly, five hundred and three.

When it came to ‘actions’, we counted in thousands

Then in hundreds and tens by degree

Five thousand five hundred and sixty nine was the tally  

It’ll soon be ten thousand, wait and see.

Persons of interest were sixty at least

But here we’ve made progress, you see

We’ve T I E’d 22, so there’s 38 left

How many more years do we need? At least three.

We’ve tracked sex offenders, five thirty in all

59 of these are pri - ori - ty

Some are ‘persons of interest’ as well

But the precise number’s a secret to me.

One more thing I’m proud of, my visits to Faro

Some tactical, others strategic, you see

I’ve made 26 in all, about one a month

Something to crow about on national TV.

We thought Maddie was alive, but some things may not follow

With all our thinking and thinking, you see

She may not have left her apartment alive

Another revelatory thingy for me.

Well, I’ve lots more to tell, but off I must fly

To the set of Crimewatch: BBC TV

I’ll update you all on what OP Grange has cost

It’s eight million, nine thousand, seventy-three.   

Dr Martin Roberts: "The evidence is that these are the pjyamas Madeleine wore on holiday in Praia da Luz. They were photographed and the photo handed to a press agency, who released it on 8 May, as the search for Madeleine continued. The McCanns held up these same pyjamas at two press conferences on 5 & 7June 2007. How could Madeleine have been abducted?"

Amelie McCann (aged 2): "Maddie's jammies!".  

Tony Bennett
Tony Bennett
Researcher

Activity : 24770

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 19.03.14 20:18

Châtelaine wrote:Thank you :-)
onehand was also kind enough to PM me.
filmon.com works fine for me!
1,5 hour to go ...
I do, almost literally, hold my breath  yes 

and wonder, if this is going to be yet another fishing expedition  winkwink

Lets hope he catches something bigger that a sea bass  high5 
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by aiyoyo 19.03.14 20:24

Cristobell wrote:

I am starting to think that all these dopey lines of enquiry and appeals are coming from the McCanns

Well....seems you are not correct, as this appeal  is on the Police Website http://www.met.police.uk/madeleine-mccann-appeal

Kate claimed in her book that kids were being sexually assaulted on the Algarve, as far as we know there has never been any tangible evidence of this, so the DCI may be calling their bluff.

Well......if the fragrant Mrs said so it must be true - Redwood must have read her bewk !

If Redwood is saying Maddie did not leave the apartment alive, then this bin man must stink of cadaverine, but given the nature of his job is to do with daily contact with waste disposal, no use excusing it to rotten meat, smelly nappies and sea bass as it is not going to be believable.
aiyoyo
aiyoyo

Activity : 10084

Back to top Go down

Post by HelenMeg 19.03.14 20:28

Cristobell wrote:
HelenMeg wrote:
plebgate wrote:
dantezebu wrote:From the guardian:
Detective Chief Inspector Andy Redwood, in charge of the hunt for Madeleine, accepted there were differences between these cases and that of Madeleine's disappearance but added that there was a possibility that Madeleine had not left her family's holiday apartment alive when she disappeared in May 2007.

Redwood said the assumption that Madeleine had been alive "may not follow with all our thinking" on the case.

http://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2014/mar/19/madeleine-mccann-police-intruder-girls-algarve

Thsi is the only significant news IMO.
It seems Redwood is taking the dog indications into account.

Well it looks that way Dantezebu and he says there are differences between those cases and that of Maddies.    Having read this, I am still cautiously optimistic that  Mr. Redwood is keeping all options open.
It seems that Redwood is taking a gentle step - by step approach, as predicted by some.  He is gradually introducing the idea gently to the UK public that Madeleine dies in the apartment.
This has been predicted by Textusa and subsequently by some in this forum.  Their brief is to gently bring into play that the girl died in the apartment (IMO) . This is a significant move - a cause for cautious optimism.
Once established that she died - they can then get to where they need to be - to the real perpetrators.

I don't think we need be cautious about being optimistic Helen.  I actually see this as game over.  DCI Redwood has now said the unthinkable.  If she died in the apartment, the McCanns are up to their up to their necks in it.
I cant help but feel cautious as this whole journey has been a rollercoaster of feeling optimistic only to be let down again. However, hope you are right and this is game over..
I hope people such as Kirsty Young and Lorraine Kelly see this too - they have annoyed me so much ...
HelenMeg

Activity : 2081

Back to top Go down

Page 9 of 36 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 22 ... 36  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top