The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

NOT AGAIN!!!!! - Portugal cabbie offers lead to Scotland Yard's Madeleine McCann investigation -Standard 16/8/13 - Page 3 Mm11

NOT AGAIN!!!!! - Portugal cabbie offers lead to Scotland Yard's Madeleine McCann investigation -Standard 16/8/13 - Page 3 Regist10
The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

NOT AGAIN!!!!! - Portugal cabbie offers lead to Scotland Yard's Madeleine McCann investigation -Standard 16/8/13 - Page 3 Mm11

NOT AGAIN!!!!! - Portugal cabbie offers lead to Scotland Yard's Madeleine McCann investigation -Standard 16/8/13 - Page 3 Regist10

NOT AGAIN!!!!! - Portugal cabbie offers lead to Scotland Yard's Madeleine McCann investigation -Standard 16/8/13

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

NOT AGAIN!!!!! - Portugal cabbie offers lead to Scotland Yard's Madeleine McCann investigation -Standard 16/8/13 - Page 3 Empty Re: NOT AGAIN!!!!! - Portugal cabbie offers lead to Scotland Yard's Madeleine McCann investigation -Standard 16/8/13

Post by Hicks 17.08.13 13:30

candyfloss wrote:
Hicks wrote:
Hicks wrote:
Searcher wrote:If the cabbie believed at the time that he saw something significant, but it was allegedly not investigated, then why did he not go straight to the media in 2007?

It should also be said that screen memories can play huge tricks especially after a gap of several years.  Yet it is being presented virtually as fact.

I am also interested as to why the D. Express have chosen to give this story front-page prominence in today's edition - but nothing on the witness statements of the Smiths and Dr. Gaspar.
Ok, I am going to try and post this once more!splat .

Please look at this taxi-drivers story from 2008.
http://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&frm=1&source=web&cd=1&cad=rja&ved=0CC0QFjAA&url=http%3A%2F%2Fjoana-morais.blogspot.com%2F2008%2F02%2Ftaxi-driver-story-and-rogatory-letter.html&ei=BmQPUu2CCIyX0AX8woHAAg&usg=AFQjCNFCso64hw4RDU5qo-qGcv3QK6oWGA&bvm=bv.50768961,d.d2k.

Note he said the female 'looked like Kate, he didn't insist that it was definitely her.

Please read CM reaction to it back then and the later retraction.
http://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&frm=1&source=web&cd=2&cad=rja&ved=0CDMQFjAB&url=http%3A%2F%2Fthepottingshedder.blogspot.com%2F2012%2F05%2Fspinning-memory-of-clarence-mitchell.html&ei=BmQPUu2CCIyX0AX8woHAAg&usg=AFQjCNEEEoOOysud2CGJhDh7TgrzANl9Cg&bvm=bv.50768961,d.d2k.

Strange isn't it that at first CM completely rubbishes this story, haven' to date heard him do that to any other sighting no matter how bizarre they may seem, no indeed, he will say that 'they did the right thing in coming forward.
Oops....Sorry about the space taken up by the links. Perhaps someone would be kind enough to tell me how to post without this happening.smilie .
I posted the correct links to Joana Morais and Potting Shedder earlier in thread.
Ah, sorry got a bit carried away!
Hicks
Hicks

Activity : 1005

Back to top Go down

NOT AGAIN!!!!! - Portugal cabbie offers lead to Scotland Yard's Madeleine McCann investigation -Standard 16/8/13 - Page 3 Empty Re: NOT AGAIN!!!!! - Portugal cabbie offers lead to Scotland Yard's Madeleine McCann investigation -Standard 16/8/13

Post by Hicks 17.08.13 13:32

jeanmonroe wrote:Hicks:

When you have the 'page' up just right click the http: bit , it will highlight in blue, and on the little menu drop down left click on copy.
Then when you want to insert into your post right click mouse, select paste, and left click on PASTE, to insert into post

thanks
Hicks
Hicks

Back to top Go down

Post by Searcher 17.08.13 13:56

Thankyou Hicks and Candyfloss.  I have searched quite widely over the years but really appreciate the 2007/08 material on the taxi driver, which I have not read before.  It does seem very strange, and not a 'screen memory' as I thought.

Much to consider, especially given today's version in the Express - which makes it appear to be a "new story", only just emerging.  Thankyou again.
Searcher

Activity : 404

Back to top Go down

NOT AGAIN!!!!! - Portugal cabbie offers lead to Scotland Yard's Madeleine McCann investigation -Standard 16/8/13 - Page 3 Empty NOT AGAIN!!!!!

Post by wen_eva 17.08.13 14:24

Good afternoon all.
I`m usually too afraid to just jump in & speak but today after hearing again about the taxi driver, I had some thoughts.
Only thoughts, you understand, nothing brilliant.
Thought one. The taxi driver did indeed carry a Madeleine & Kate look-a-like away from the Ocean club area.
There has been talk of a substitute Madaline being used all that week because possibly the real one no longer was, & the sub would have to be whisked away quickly.
The mother of that Madaline is said to look similar to Kate. There are several men who could be mistaken for Murat etc.

This would still leave the group eating where they said they were.

The second version of my thoughts would be that it was staged for the taxi driver to see these people, particularly the girl in pyjamas with problem eye. I do not see how else he would notice details like he says he did.
IMO it could have been set up in order to prove Madeleine left the area alive. Or it could have been a substitute etc thinking they were getting away unseen once their job was done.

Thanks for listening
wen_eva

Activity : 2

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 17.08.13 14:43

wen_eva wrote:Good afternoon all.
I`m usually too afraid to just jump in & speak but today after hearing again about the taxi driver, I had some thoughts.
Only thoughts, you understand, nothing brilliant.
Thought one. The taxi driver did indeed carry a Madeleine & Kate look-a-like away from the Ocean club area.
There has been talk of a substitute Madaline being used all that week because possibly the real one no longer was, & the sub would have to be whisked away quickly.
The mother of that Madaline is said to look similar to Kate. There are several men who could be mistaken for Murat etc.

This would still leave the group eating where they said they were.

The second version of my thoughts would be that it was staged for the taxi driver to see these people, particularly the girl in pyjamas with problem eye. I do not see how else he would notice details like he says he did.
IMO it could have been set up in order to prove Madeleine left the area alive. Or it could have been a substitute etc thinking they were getting away unseen once their job was done.

Thanks for listening
Hi wen-eva, and welcome.welcome   Interesting theories.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

NOT AGAIN!!!!! - Portugal cabbie offers lead to Scotland Yard's Madeleine McCann investigation -Standard 16/8/13 - Page 3 Empty NOT AGAIN!!!!!

Post by wen_eva 17.08.13 15:08

Thank you Candyfloss.
wen_eva

Activity : 2

Back to top Go down

Post by Searcher 17.08.13 15:21

Interesting thoughts and theories; I have long had a concern about 3rd May, including the handwriting entries at the creche. 

The Express article today does mention that the taxi driver reported previously to the PJ, but it does not mention anything about a KM look-alike being one of the four adults (three men and one woman), as he allegedly reported originally.  It is hard to believe that such a coincidence could occur and, esp. if these were English people, why haven't they ever been traced, or come forward to identify themselves?
Searcher

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanmonroe 17.08.13 15:33

So what day did this man see Madeleine in her pyjamas?

If it was the 3rd May 2007 at 8pm as he (taxi driver) states then Gerry couldn't have seen Madeleine in her bed at 9:05pm could he?
JT could NOT have seen Madeleine being carried of at 9:15/20pm could she?
Madeleine would have been 'gone' an HOUR  or more before Gerry's 'check'
Madeleine would have been 'gone' an hour or more BEFORE J Tanner 'saw' her being carried away.

So that's their carefully crafted BS 'timelines' totally discredited beyond recognition!

If it were the 4th May 2007, at 8pm, then how would the taxi driver KNOW that Madeleine was 'wearing' (pink pyjamas) because the description of the 'pyjamas' was only released to the world by the McCanns on the 5th/6th JUNE 2007.

A MONTH later!

And, as Kate McCann has said and shown us, in Berlin, the pyjama bottoms were WHITE!

As JT has told the world she only SAW the pj 'bottoms, with bare feet sticking out'  why did she go to great lengths to stress they were PINK?,

Kate and Gerry say WHITE, Jane their mate says PINK!

Another Freudian 'slip' ? JT not reading the 'crib' sheet correctly AGAIN?

As for Gerry's insistance ad nauseum, that Jane couldn't have known what pj's Madeleine had on, so it MUST of been Madeleine being 'carried' off that excuse is wearing a bit thin.

He had ample time to TELL her exactly what Madeleine was wearing when SHE got to Tapas before any of their other 'friends' arrived!
JT was at the Tapas a quarter of an hour with the McCanns, alone!

She was the 'plain Jane' ,compared to the glamorous others, of the group and maybe she thought 'this is the one time in my life where i will be the centre of attention'

IMO Tanner completely messed up her timings, descriptions, distances, where people were meant 'to be' etc. And certainly didn't do Gerry any favours by drawing a sketch with HIM and Jez on her side of the street near 5A and not where Gerry says he was on the OTHER side of the street!
Adrenaline 'rush'?
Who knows?
jeanmonroe

Activity : 7756

Back to top Go down

NOT AGAIN!!!!! - Portugal cabbie offers lead to Scotland Yard's Madeleine McCann investigation -Standard 16/8/13 - Page 3 Empty driver

Post by marconi 17.08.13 15:57

The taxi driver is lying and why shouldn't he?
He wanted attention and more clients.
The older I get, the more I find out that people lie.
marconi

Activity : 1104

Back to top Go down

Post by Hicks 17.08.13 16:32

jeanmonroe wrote:So what day did this man see Madeleine in her pyjamas?

If it was the 3rd May 2007 at 8pm as he (taxi driver) states then Gerry couldn't have seen Madeleine in her bed at 9:05pm could he?
JT could NOT have seen Madeleine being carried of at 9:15/20pm could she?
Madeleine would have been 'gone' an hour or more BEFORE J Tanner 'saw' her being carried away.

If it were the 4th May 2007, at 8pm, then how would the taxi driver KNOW that Madeleine was 'wearing' (pink pyjamas) because the description of the 'pyjamas' was only released to the world by the McCanns on the 5th/6th JUNE 2007.

A MONTH later!

And, as Kate McCann has said and shown us, in Berlin, the pyjama bottoms were WHITE!

As JT has told the world she only SAW the pj 'bottoms, with bare feet sticking out'  why did she go to great lengths to stress they were PINK?,

Kate and Gerry say WHITE, Jane their mate says PINK!

Another Freudian 'slip' ? JT not reading the 'crib' sheet correctly AGAIN?

As for Gerry's insistance ad nauseum, that Jane couldn't have known what pj's Madeleine had on, so it MUST of been Madeleine being 'carried' off that excuse is wearing a bit thin.

He had ample time to TELL her exactly what Madeleine was wearing when SHE got to Tapas before any of their other 'friends' arrived!
JT was at the Tapas a quarter of an hour with the McCanns, alone!

She was the 'plain Jane' ,compared to the glamorous others, of the group and maybe she thought 'this is the one time in my life where i will be the centre of attention'

IMO Tanner completely messed up her timings, descriptions, distances, where people were meant 'to be' etc.
Adrenaline 'rush'?
Who knows?
Jean, SY have two new key witnesses who gave them the info about the middle aged couple going into 5a on the May 2nd to comfort a crying child.
Even better than that they can give absolute assurances that on the night May 3rd, due to being on their balcony having a whisky at '9.15' they did not see JT, GM or JW in the street, in fact, they didn't see anyone at this time below in the street or going into 5a.
Apparently the Express has been to Portugal and made a visit to this balcony which looks out over the tapas bar and directly into 5a, it has the best view of the whole block.
These are also the witnesses who saw Kate screaming, "the F***ing B***ards have taken her".

So that would mean that the MC'S and all of their friends are being extremely economical with the truth!
Hicks
Hicks

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanmonroe 17.08.13 16:53

Duh brain me!

JT could NOT have seen Madeleine being carried off at 9:15/20pm could she?

If it were 8pm on the 3rd May 2007 then Gerry and Kate were IN the apartment 5A drinking wine and telling stories!

They didn't leave for the Tapas until 8:30pm!

My brain hurts!
jeanmonroe

Back to top Go down

Post by Angelique 17.08.13 17:54

Would any of this taxi drivers story fit in with the dogs? It could only be the substitute if it ever happened.

Activity : 1460

Back to top Go down

Post by gbwales 17.08.13 18:15

Weird that something old is being trotted out as if it were something new.

I suppose the key things to understanding the validity of all this are:

1 - What date did he originally report his story to the PJ?
2 - Did his description at that time include details that weren't in the press?
3 - Did his original account say 3rd or 4th?

The thing I always come back to is trying to also consider the simplest, obvious points too.
And in this case that would be:
What abductor in his right mind would move the child by *TAXI* ?
gbwales
gbwales

Activity : 303

Back to top Go down

Post by Angelique 17.08.13 18:19

gbwales

You said
"What abductor in his right mind would move the child by *TAXI* ?"

Yes indeed. But it would facilitate the "sub" suggestion in that it may have helped if she was seen by an independent person, aka a taxi driver.

Activity : 1460

Back to top Go down

Post by gbwales 17.08.13 18:45

True - agreed.

If he did see what he says he saw then it would more likely be a diversion than actually the genuine abduction of Madeleine.

Not sure I would even set up diversions though - they could always go wrong - why not keep an operation as simple as possible...?
gbwales
gbwales

Activity : 303

Back to top Go down

Post by Searcher 17.08.13 19:19

I am very interested in the versions of what KM allegedly said/called out on the night of 3 May.  One version, as said earlier here, is "They've taken her ..".

In the horrific circumstances of a child missing from their bed, what would a mother say in that agonising moment?   She is likely to say the truth - "I can't find her ... we must look .. where is she?" and the mother would be out, calling for her child, frantic to look and to find.

If the alleged words "They have taken her .." or "The Fxxxxxx Bxxxxx have taken her" were reliably witnessed, then this must be a known truth.  Therefore, who are "they"?  And if so, was this an alive child taken or a deceased one? 

The other alleged words at the same time are "We have let her down ..". 

Also, as has been said in various places many times, if a child was presumed abducted, would a parent leave the apartment with two other children still sleeping, even for a moment?
Searcher

Back to top Go down

Post by Hicks 17.08.13 19:22

jeanmonroe wrote:Duh brain me!

JT could NOT have seen Madeleine being carried off at 9:15/20pm could she?

If it were 8pm on the 3rd May 2007 then Gerry and Kate were IN the apartment 5A drinking wine and telling stories!

They didn't leave for the Tapas until 8:30pm!

My brain hurts!
Exactly Jean! It was the 3rd May that the Taxi-driver reported picking them up at around 8pm.
Perhaps then Kate and Gerry were NOT in the apartment, drinking New Zealand wine and chatting at 8pm.
These new key witnesses may have been able to give an accurate description of this middle aged couple, I am willing to bet that the female had shoulder length blonde hair, the man slightly balding.
I am also willing to bet that this couple came back and took M on the 3rd.
SY say they believe M could be alive, perhaps it was the statements of these new witnesses that gave them that belief, but I reckon that SY already know that once they find out who this couple are the trail will lead back to the MC'S.

Back to top Go down

Post by BerylJ 17.08.13 19:26

Searcher wrote:I am very interested in the versions of what KM allegedly said/called out on the night of 3 May.  One version, as said earlier here, is "They've taken her ..".

In the horrific circumstances of a child missing from their bed, what would a mother say in that agonising moment?   She is likely to say the truth - "I can't find her ... we must look .. where is she?" and the mother would be out, calling for her child, frantic to look and to find.

If the alleged words "They have taken her .." or "The Fxxxxxx Bxxxxx have taken her" were reliably witnessed, then this must be a known truth.  Therefore, who are "they"?  And if so, was this an alive child taken or a deceased one? 

Also, as has been said in various places many times, if a child was presumed abducted, would a parent leave the apartment with two other children still sleeping, even for a moment?
In that agonizing moment of finding my child missing, what would I say/shout? The child's name. I would scream the name. Nothing else at that time.
BerylJ
BerylJ

Activity : 56

Back to top Go down

Post by Hicks 17.08.13 19:56

BerylJ wrote:
Searcher wrote:I am very interested in the versions of what KM allegedly said/called out on the night of 3 May.  One version, as said earlier here, is "They've taken her ..".

In that agonizing moment of finding my child missing, what would I say/shout? The child's name. I would scream the name. Nothing else at that time.
Listen to Kate in this vid. I believe that she is talking about the couple who were to adopt M. Note how guarded she is in what she says, can't give the game away now Kate!

[url=http://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=kate mccann youtube&source]http://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=kate%20mccann%20youtube&source[/url].
Hicks
Hicks

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 17.08.13 20:08

Link is not working, Hicks. Can you try again, please?

ETA if you're working an iMac and using Mozilla Firefox or Safari as a browser: have a look at the address in the bar at the top of your browser window. You'll see a little "round" symbol in front of the address. Take that with your cursor and drag it onto your comment here and then drop it. Simples ;-)
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Hicks 17.08.13 20:10

Hicks wrote:
BerylJ wrote:

Listen to Kate in this vid. I believe that she is talking about the couple who were to adopt M. Note how guarded she is in what she says, can't give the game away now Kate!

[url=http://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=kate mccann youtube&source]http://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=kate%20mccann%20youtube&source[/url].
Not very techo am I nah .

[url=http://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=kate mccann youtube&source=web&cd=2&cad=rja&ved=0CDUQtwIwAQ&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.youtube.com%2Fwatch%3Fv%3D1rQazjM-bCo&ei=3sUPUv6rF-qZ0QXT14DQCQ&usg=AFQjCNGMAeu0E2RdNqD889H_jOPfuFj10w]http://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=kate%20mccann%20youtube&source=web&cd=2&cad=rja&ved=0CDUQtwIwAQ&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.youtube.com%2Fwatch%3Fv%3D1rQazjM-bCo&ei=3sUPUv6rF-qZ0QXT14DQCQ&usg=AFQjCNGMAeu0E2RdNqD889H_jOPfuFj10w[/url].
Hicks
Hicks

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanmonroe 17.08.13 20:14

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1rQazjM-bCo

ugh, ugh ,ugh , i'll saves ya Hicks!
jeanmonroe

Back to top Go down

Post by Hicks 17.08.13 20:19

jeanmonroe wrote:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1rQazjM-bCo

ugh, ugh ,ugh , i'll saves ya Hicks!
Haha....I need saving!
I tried doing what you said Jean and it posted the same way, when my son next comes round I'll get him to show me.thumbsup.
Hicks
Hicks

Back to top Go down

Post by PeterMac 17.08.13 21:56

But let us never forget the words of the immortal Clarence on this very subject al those years ago . . .
From Correio da Manhã: A source connected with the investigation guaranteed that the facts told by António Castela were "investigated" and the “lead was proven false”.

Madeleine has no Twitches

Clarence Mitchell, spokesman for the McCanns, reacted yesterday with amazement at the declarations of the taxi-driver. “The declarations of Mr. Castela are false. They are a perfect nonsense. He can only be mistaken when he says that at that time he transported Kate and Madeleine with three men”, he said, underlining the fact of being several independent witnesses who place Madeleine's parents in a completely different place. “How is that possible, if at 20h35 several witnesses say that Kate and Gerry were sitting down on a table of the Tapas restaurant”, he questioned. Clarence doubts of the intentions of the taxi-driver. “It astonishes me that only now, ten months later, [which puts it at March 2008]  he talks about this. These are declarations that only cause pain to Kate and Gerry", he said, advancing that that the McCann's daughter has no facial twitches.
“The only sign to report is the one she has in the eye.”
Ah, yes, the eye./  Another foot in mouth by the spokesthing.

And that was a long time ago !
PeterMac
PeterMac
Investigator

Activity : 16578

http://whatreallyhappenedtomadeleinemccann.blogspot.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post by maebee 18.08.13 0:14

As Dr. Amaral said about Mitchell: "He lies with as many teeth he has in his mouth"
maebee
maebee
Madeleine Foundation

Activity : 682

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top