The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

NOT AGAIN!!!!! - Portugal cabbie offers lead to Scotland Yard's Madeleine McCann investigation -Standard 16/8/13 - Page 2 Mm11

NOT AGAIN!!!!! - Portugal cabbie offers lead to Scotland Yard's Madeleine McCann investigation -Standard 16/8/13 - Page 2 Regist10
The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

NOT AGAIN!!!!! - Portugal cabbie offers lead to Scotland Yard's Madeleine McCann investigation -Standard 16/8/13 - Page 2 Mm11

NOT AGAIN!!!!! - Portugal cabbie offers lead to Scotland Yard's Madeleine McCann investigation -Standard 16/8/13 - Page 2 Regist10

NOT AGAIN!!!!! - Portugal cabbie offers lead to Scotland Yard's Madeleine McCann investigation -Standard 16/8/13

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

NOT AGAIN!!!!! - Portugal cabbie offers lead to Scotland Yard's Madeleine McCann investigation -Standard 16/8/13 - Page 2 Empty Re: NOT AGAIN!!!!! - Portugal cabbie offers lead to Scotland Yard's Madeleine McCann investigation -Standard 16/8/13

Post by jeanmonroe 16.08.13 15:43

Casey5 wrote:Does the newspaper think it's helping the McCanns in rehashing this story?
After all, the taxi driver fingered Kate as the woman in his taxi.big grin
You might want to re-word the 'fingering' thingy!
laughat laughat laughat 
jeanmonroe

Activity : 7756

Back to top Go down

NOT AGAIN!!!!! - Portugal cabbie offers lead to Scotland Yard's Madeleine McCann investigation -Standard 16/8/13 - Page 2 Empty Re: NOT AGAIN!!!!! - Portugal cabbie offers lead to Scotland Yard's Madeleine McCann investigation -Standard 16/8/13

Post by Casey5 16.08.13 15:51

jeanmonroe wrote:
Casey5 wrote:Does the newspaper think it's helping the McCanns in rehashing this story?
After all, the taxi driver fingered Kate as the woman in his taxi.big grin
You might want to re-word the 'fingering' thingy!
laughat laughat laughat 
Hi jeanmonroe, I definitely meant in the "police- legal" sense but you're right I should have worded it better.
The taxi driver might sue me.
big grin
Casey5

Activity : 402

Back to top Go down

Post by aiyoyo 16.08.13 16:21

Yi Gawd, the Standard must have ran out of interesting stories to fill up pages.
aiyoyo
aiyoyo

Activity : 10084

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 16.08.13 16:25

I don't understand why the newspapers are allowed to print old news, surely members of the public must read and think "I've read that story before, so what's new." If this is the only way they can sell their newspapers then there in a sorry state. There are more important issue's in this country they could print to keep people informed.

aiyoyo, So agree.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Hicks 16.08.13 17:09

Cherry Blossom wrote:I don't understand why the newspapers are allowed to print old news, surely members of the public must read and think "I've read that story before, so what's new." If this is the only way they can sell their newspapers then there in a sorry state. There are more important issue's in this country they could print to keep people informed.

aiyoyo, So agree.
Hi Cherry Blossom, I remember reading about this story , the Taxi driver stated that he picked up Madeleine 'on the night' she disappeared, possibly with the help of Mitchell this story has been spun to have now happened on the 4th May, the driver claimed he contacted the PJ two days after the car ride, once again this was changed to discredit him by saying it took ten months for him to come forward, this is not true.
The driver said the female 'looked like Kate' not that is was definitely her, he also said  that M looked like she was doped, I only have to look at the make up photo to know that this could be true.

For TM to go the trouble of rearranging this mans story leads me to believe it must be true.  RM was there too.

I have read Kate's reaction to this, she said that Madeleine's chin didn't twitch, I find that incredulous, If a child has been snatched by strangers and in fearful state the chin twitching is a child who is almost too afraid to cry, we have all seen children who are about to cry by their chin twitching.

I believe that this mans story is true, and perhaps so do certain sections of the press.

I
Hicks
Hicks

Activity : 1005

Back to top Go down

Post by Mike 16.08.13 17:12

@ Hicks

how doyou explain the dogs?
Mike
Mike

Activity : 174

Back to top Go down

Post by Hobs 16.08.13 17:38

Remember also that Robert Murat looks almost identical to david payne and both of them look scarily similar to an estate agent who lived in PDL Angus Symington.

which ever way the story is spun the reactions of the blood and cadaver dogs to the aprtment, clothes, cuddle cat and the hire car are the elephant in the lounge. They simply cannot be ignored

Robert Murat, david payne and Angus Symington , spot the similarity
Hobs
Hobs
Researcher/Analyst

Activity : 1825

http://tania-cadogan.blogspot.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post by Hicks 16.08.13 18:10

chris wrote:@ Hicks

how doyou explain the dogs?
Ok...this might sound a bit far fetched but not impossible........judging by the swiftness that the marketing of M was put into place, the 'several' postcard size photos of M ready and available to be distributed almost straight away, I believe that there was a plan to have M adopted and make it look like she had been abducted but then perhaps the backed out(30th April)( remember Gerry, secretly filmed, laughing and joking a few days after M went missing just outside of the door of 5a?)

What if, as part of the plan, the MC'S had brought the scent of death with them? they are two doctors who would be forensically aware, they would find it easy to get access to materials with it on, this would confuse things as there would definitely be no body to find, in fact, it is as though Gerry throws us out the challenge by saying," find her body and prove we killed her", and, "ask the dogs Sandra". The blood would be easy to sort.
Apart form this scenario....I can't explain the dogs.

Back to top Go down

Post by Cristobell 16.08.13 19:07

As some have said this story has been round the block a few times.  Saw another version in the Mirror too in which the cabbie says no-one has contacted him in 5 years.  So all those detectives, starting with Metodo 3, Hallagen, Edgar and whoever else, have never spoken to him.  The only thing this really confirms is that McCann private eyes have in fact done nothing of an investigative nature this past 6 years.
Cristobell

Activity : 2552

Back to top Go down

Post by Hicks 16.08.13 20:17

Cristobell wrote:As some have said this story has been round the block a few times.  Saw another version in the Mirror too in which the cabbie says no-one has contacted him in 5 years.  So all those detectives, starting with Metodo 3, Hallagen, Edgar and whoever else, have never spoken to him.  The only thing this really confirms is that McCann private eyes have in fact done nothing of an investigative nature this past 6 years.
This story never would get any attention as it did not fit in with the timelines given by the MC'S or their friends, nobody it seems looked beyond their strictly accurate, straightforward, truthful account of the evening of May 3rd 2007!   no
Hicks
Hicks

Back to top Go down

Post by russiandoll 16.08.13 22:29

Just on a preview of the front pages review on Sky, due 10.30 pm. This taxi driver story is on Express front page tomorrow.

The great enemy of the truth is very often not the lie — deliberate,
contrived and dishonest — but the myth — persistent, persuasive and
unrealistic.
~John F. Kennedy

russiandoll
russiandoll

Activity : 4058

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 16.08.13 22:31

With hat tip to PeterMac: Express want their money back ...
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 16.08.13 22:38

russiandoll wrote:Just on a preview of the front pages review on Sky, due 10.30 pm. This taxi driver story is on Express front page tomorrow.
NOT AGAIN!!!!! - Portugal cabbie offers lead to Scotland Yard's Madeleine McCann investigation -Standard 16/8/13 - Page 2 Express-1-329x437
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 17.08.13 0:23

The headline about the heat is very bad news for me!

I daresay this silly story will eventually be in all the tabloids again with no mention of it being regurgitated.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 17.08.13 8:16

candyfloss wrote:
russiandoll wrote:Just on a preview of the front pages review on Sky, due 10.30 pm. This taxi driver story is on Express front page tomorrow.
NOT AGAIN!!!!! - Portugal cabbie offers lead to Scotland Yard's Madeleine McCann investigation -Standard 16/8/13 - Page 2 Express-1-329x437
Same old, same old!

http://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/422662/Taxi-driver-tells-police-I-can-help-you-find-Madeleine-McCann

This online edition has a different picture of Maddie.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

NOT AGAIN!!!!! - Portugal cabbie offers lead to Scotland Yard's Madeleine McCann investigation -Standard 16/8/13 - Page 2 Empty Clarence says Cabbe's claim should be investigated

Post by aiyoyo 17.08.13 11:54

http://www.dailystar.co.uk/news/latest-news/332974/Madeleine-McCann-I-can-help-UK-cops-claims-cabbie

Antonio Castela says three men, a woman and a girl who resembled the missing three-year-old got into his cab in the Algarve.

Mr Castela, 73, says the little girl was wearing pink pyjamas like Madeleine and had the same distinctive mark in her right eye.

How on earth at that time (4th May) did he know what Madeleine's pyjamas looks like ?  
How did he manage to see into the eyes of Madeleine from the front seat while he was driving ?

Either he's over imaginative or barking mad as frog.  

But although he reported his sighting to Portugal’s CID, the Policia Judiciaria, and gave police a statement, he never heard anything further.

Now that Home Secretary Theresa May has applied for official permission for Scotland Yard officers to launch a new investigation in Portugal, they could fly out within weeks. Mr Castela said: “I want to tell them what I saw and assist in the investigation. I remember all the details.”
aiyoyo
aiyoyo

Activity : 10084

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 17.08.13 12:23

aiyoyo wrote:
http://www.dailystar.co.uk/news/latest-news/332974/Madeleine-McCann-I-can-help-UK-cops-claims-cabbie

Antonio Castela says three men, a woman and a girl who resembled the missing three-year-old got into his cab in the Algarve.

Mr Castela, 73, says the little girl was wearing pink pyjamas like Madeleine and had the same distinctive mark in her right eye.

How on earth at that time (4th May) did he know what Madeleine's pyjamas looks like ?  
How did he manage to see into the eyes of Madeleine from the front seat while he was driving ?

Either he's over imaginative or barking mad as frog.  

But although he reported his sighting to Portugal’s CID, the Policia Judiciaria, and gave police a statement, he never heard anything further.

Now that Home Secretary Theresa May has applied for official permission for Scotland Yard officers to launch a new investigation in Portugal, they could fly out within weeks. Mr Castela said: “I want to tell them what I saw and assist in the investigation. I remember all the details.”
One sandwich short of a picnic!
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 17.08.13 12:28

Let's hope it wasn't the sardine sandwich.

I think that Mr C can definitely join the ranks of the drunken holidaymakers, attention seekers and ex-pats who are sure, months after the event, that they saw Madeleine.

Thanks to the vastly differing photos and incorrect information about her appearance, nobody has any idea what she really looked like.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Searcher 17.08.13 12:51

If the cabbie believed at the time that he saw something significant, but it was allegedly not investigated, then why did he not go straight to the media in 2007?

It should also be said that screen memories can play huge tricks especially after a gap of several years.  Yet it is being presented virtually as fact.

I am also interested as to why the D. Express have chosen to give this story front-page prominence in today's edition - but nothing on the witness statements of the Smiths and Dr. Gaspar.
Searcher

Activity : 404

Back to top Go down

Post by Searcher 17.08.13 12:52

If the cabbie believed at the time that he saw something significant, but it was allegedly not investigated, then why did he not go straight to the media in 2007?

It should also be said that screen memories can play huge tricks especially after a gap of several years.  Yet it is being presented virtually as fact.

I am also interested as to why the D. Express have chosen to give this story front-page prominence in today's edition - but nothing on the witness statements of the Smiths and Dr. Gaspar.
Searcher

Activity : 404

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanmonroe 17.08.13 13:05

Cherry asked:

"How on earth at that time (4th May) did he know what Madeleine's pyjamas looked like? "

Yes, how is THAT possible?

WE only knew what the pyjamas, supposedly, looked like, for the FIRST time, when  Kate and Gerry went to Berlin on 6th JUNE 2007.
A whole MONTH after Madeleine went 'missing'!
http://www.gerrymccannsblogs.co.uk/press/17-July8/timeline/7abc.JPG

So HOW Mr C 'knew' what Madeleine in pyjamas 'looked like' a DAY after she went 'missing' is anybody's guess!
jeanmonroe

Back to top Go down

Post by Hicks 17.08.13 13:07

Searcher wrote:If the cabbie believed at the time that he saw something significant, but it was allegedly not investigated, then why did he not go straight to the media in 2007?

Ok, I am going to try and post this once more!splat .

Please look at this taxi-drivers story from 2008.
http://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&frm=1&source=web&cd=1&cad=rja&ved=0CC0QFjAA&url=http%3A%2F%2Fjoana-morais.blogspot.com%2F2008%2F02%2Ftaxi-driver-story-and-rogatory-letter.html&ei=BmQPUu2CCIyX0AX8woHAAg&usg=AFQjCNFCso64hw4RDU5qo-qGcv3QK6oWGA&bvm=bv.50768961,d.d2k.

Note he said the female 'looked like Kate, he didn't insist that it was definitely her.

Please read CM reaction to it back then and the later retraction.
http://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&frm=1&source=web&cd=2&cad=rja&ved=0CDMQFjAB&url=http%3A%2F%2Fthepottingshedder.blogspot.com%2F2012%2F05%2Fspinning-memory-of-clarence-mitchell.html&ei=BmQPUu2CCIyX0AX8woHAAg&usg=AFQjCNEEEoOOysud2CGJhDh7TgrzANl9Cg&bvm=bv.50768961,d.d2k.

Strange isn't it that at first CM completely rubbishes this story, haven' to date heard him do that to any other sighting no matter how bizarre they may seem, no indeed, he will say that 'they did the right thing in coming forward.

Back to top Go down

Post by Hicks 17.08.13 13:09

Hicks wrote:
Searcher wrote:If the cabbie believed at the time that he saw something significant, but it was allegedly not investigated, then why did he not go straight to the media in 2007?

http://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&frm=1&source=web&cd=1&cad=rja&ved=0CC0QFjAA&url=http%3A%2F%2Fjoana-morais.blogspot.com%2F2008%2F02%2Ftaxi-driver-story-and-rogatory-letter.html&ei=BmQPUu2CCIyX0AX8woHAAg&usg=AFQjCNFCso64hw4RDU5qo-qGcv3QK6oWGA&bvm=bv.50768961,d.d2k.

Note he said the female 'looked like Kate, he didn't insist that it was definitely her.

http://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&frm=1&source=web&cd=2&cad=rja&ved=0CDMQFjAB&url=http%3A%2F%2Fthepottingshedder.blogspot.com%2F2012%2F05%2Fspinning-memory-of-clarence-mitchell.html&ei=BmQPUu2CCIyX0AX8woHAAg&usg=AFQjCNEEEoOOysud2CGJhDh7TgrzANl9Cg&bvm=bv.50768961,d.d2k.

Strange isn't it that at first CM completely rubbishes this story, haven' to date heard him do that to any other sighting no matter how bizarre they may seem, no indeed, he will say that 'they did the right thing in coming forward.
Oops....Sorry about the space taken up by the links. Perhaps someone would be kind enough to tell me how to post without this happening.smilie .
Hicks
Hicks

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 17.08.13 13:16

Hicks wrote:
Hicks wrote:

Oops....Sorry about the space taken up by the links. Perhaps someone would be kind enough to tell me how to post without this happening.smilie .
I posted the correct links to Joana Morais and Potting Shedder earlier in thread.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanmonroe 17.08.13 13:19

Hicks:

When you have the 'page' up just right click the http: bit , it will highlight in blue, and on the little menu drop down left click on copy.
Then when you want to insert into your post right click mouse, select paste, and left click on PASTE, to insert into post
jeanmonroe

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top