The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Hello!

A very warm welcome to The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™ forum.

Please log in, or register to view all the forums, then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann. Please note that your username should be different from your email address!

When posting please be mindful that this forum is primarily about the death of a three year old girl.

Many thanks,

Jill Havern
Forum owner

Missing People in financial difficulty 2006 - New beginnings May 2007

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Missing People in financial difficulty 2006 - New beginnings May 2007

Post by Guest on 16.07.13 20:43

@aquila wrote:Tigger, these three entries are amazing

Madeleine McCann
Missing from: OVERSEAS

Katrice Lee
Missing from: UNKNOWN

Ben Needham
Missing from: UNKNOWN
If this is a joke, it's a bad one.
But I gather it's not - and that's even worse ...

Back to top Go down

Post by aquila on 16.07.13 20:53

Do a search on all three names Chateleine.

http://uk.missingkids.com/missing/

It's not a joke. This is what this charity attributes to the 3 highest profile missing UK kids.
aquila

Back to top Go down

Post by tigger on 16.07.13 21:15

@aquila wrote:Do a search on all three names Chateleine.

http://uk.missingkids.com/missing/

It's not a joke. This is what this charity attributes to the 3 highest profile missing UK kids.

Even I know that Katrice was missing from a German supermarket/shop and Ben Needham from Greece.
This just shows they're only interested in adding names to their list and leaving them on presumably until the missing can be expected to have died from extreme old age.

With missing people - it costs £ 25.000 for each missing person? All they want is money - I noticed on the video with John McCann how the interior of their HQ has about 12 or so 'missing' posters on one wall. It can only be for decoration, how is that going to help?

Back to top Go down

Post by aquila on 09.08.13 22:17

Lorraine Kelly (Kate's sofa buddy) is a patron of Missing People.

The following is snipped from Missing People's website

"Home Money Box

A Home Money Box is a new and exciting way you can help us provide a lifeline for some of the 250,000 people who go missing each year as well as the friends and family left behind.

Lorraine Kelly, a Patron of the charity says:

"More than 100,000 calls for help are made to Missing People each year. Sadly one in four cannot currently be answered. Just by collecting loose change in a money box, you can help this independent charity to be a lifeline to every single caller."

Collecting for us couldn’t be easier! Contact us for a money box, then fill it up and return the contents to us by cheque, phone or online.
Just 20p a day can make a difference!

E-mail supporters@missingpeople.org.uk or call 020 8392 4521 to request a box."

https://www.missingpeople.org.uk/missing-people/fundraising/home-money-box
aquila

Back to top Go down

Post by sharonl on 10.08.13 0:01

Why not ask their millionaire patrons like Richard Branson, Cliff Richard or Philanthropist Dame Vivien Duffield (who makes huge loans to fund political campaigns) to contribute. Maybe Viv Duffield could help them to secure a government grant, after all she has looked after the government.

It may also help, in the case of associate charity PACT, if 70% of its income was not paid out as salaries to one person and her assistant.

http://www.cold2012.org.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by aquila on 10.08.13 0:18

@sharonl wrote:Why not ask their millionaire patrons like Richard Branson, Cliff Richard or Philanthropist Dame Vivien Duffield (who makes huge loans to fund political campaigns) to contribute.  Maybe Viv Duffield could help them to secure a government grant, after all she has looked after the government.

It may also help, in the case of associate charity PACT, if 70% of its income was not paid out as salaries to one person and her assistant.

Oh well, as long as we keep giving our 20p's we'll all feel so much better.

There is also an interesting announcement on Missing People's home page. They've ditched the announcement of the forthcoming event in September for those whose lives are affected by a missing one (I can't find a mention of it anymore)....no we're onto greater matters now...

"A new report highlighting the complex relationship between running away and child sexual exploitation has been published by Barnardo’s and Paradigm Research, highlighting how different agencies should respond to these issues.
Missing People has supported the project entitled “Running from hate to what you think is love”, which involved in-depth interviews with over 40 young people who have run away and been sexually exploited, as well as interviews with the practitioners who support them.

The report finds that some young people who have run away experience exploitation as a common result of their survival strategy, and that some young people are encouraged or forced to run away by people who are already exploiting them. 
Missing People Senior Policy and Advocacy Manager Susannah Drury said:

“This is an important piece of research detailing the many scenarios which may lead to young people being exploited when they go missing, and the findings will be extremely useful in helping us safeguard more young people.

“Missing People will follow up on the issues raised in the report in our forthcoming best practice guidance on this issue, which is being funded by Comic Relief and the Esmee Fairbairn Foundation.“
Please click to read the full report."

I've looked at the research (yes, I downloaded the report) a HUGE volume from a test case of only 40 people.

Missing People say they have supported it. I looked for anyone in Missing People who was seconded to this. I could only find one mention and it was someone who has since moved to Missing People.

I also looked up the Esmee Fairbairn Foundation and that's when I lost the will to look any further.
aquila

Back to top Go down

Post by tigger on 14.12.13 7:34

Somehow I missed this last and very informative post. Thanks Cherry Blossom!

So - Pact is including all lost children and when exactly did this International Missing Children Day start?

It's a bit of a come-down from a Global Madekeine Day, even if you are at the top of the guest list.

To go back to page 1,   In 2006  they were nearly extinct, Missing People were mentioned quite early in the diary and blog.

Far from the only businesses who got ashot in the arm or started up not long before 3/5/07.
(See also 'useful new businesses set up around the 3rd May 2007)

This was publiished on December 10th 2006, no doubt this information was around long before that date.

http://www.thestar.com/sciencetech/article/136744

'At this juncture, an unfortunately common tragedy of modern life will occur: a small child, likely a photogenic toddler, will be murdered....etc.'

Please note: the above artcle is relevant imo but I am not suggesting that Maddie was murdered by her parents, just in case the new members here might think so.
I do find the disappearance of a photogenic toddler more than coincidental - if for no other reason than the fact that Maddie's beauty was a main selling point and the many photos which have been retouched and enhanced of a child who wasn't naturally photogenic imo.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 14.12.13 9:32

@tigger wrote:
This was publiished on December 10th 2006, no doubt this information was around long before that date.

Alas your link does not work for me Tigger, I just get redirected to the home page. Do you perhaps need a subscription? Incidentally Google finds discussion of the article around the place so I do get the main thrust of it.

Back to top Go down

Post by tigger on 14.12.13 17:48

Clay Regazzoni wrote:
@tigger wrote:

Alas your link does not work for me Tigger, I just get redirected to the home page. Do you perhaps need a subscription? Incidentally Google finds discussion of the article around the place so I do get the main thrust of it.

I'll try and post the whole article tomorrow. Can also be found on Steel Magnolias.

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum