The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

McCanns Hire Car Contract - Page 10 Mm11

McCanns Hire Car Contract - Page 10 Regist10
The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

McCanns Hire Car Contract - Page 10 Mm11

McCanns Hire Car Contract - Page 10 Regist10

McCanns Hire Car Contract

Page 10 of 29 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 19 ... 29  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

McCanns Hire Car Contract - Page 10 Empty Re: McCanns Hire Car Contract

Post by Guest 09.02.13 20:53

Yes, interesting jd, I can remember somewhere in the back of my mind they interviewed Jenny Murat about that on TV, long since whooshed I suppose. Here is more about Murat and the car rental.....

Madeleine McCann Suspect Robert Murat's Car Rental Again Questioned

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by jd 09.02.13 20:59

candyfloss wrote:Yes, interesting jd, I can remember somewhere in the back of my mind they interviewed Jenny Murat about that on TV, long since whooshed I suppose. Here is more about Murat and the car rental.....

Madeleine McCann Suspect Robert Murat's Car Rental Again Questioned

Thanks CF..... "Now a report from Anorak notes that he used his ex-wife address to rent the car."...Question is were they living there in 1995? Sure it will be easy to find out big grin

You just know the reasons for this car hire is just lies!!!

Lovely "friends" murat has...just a few days after spending his own money to hire another car, so his "friends" can put posters on his, they are giving statements to the PJ trying to get him arrested for their missing daughter....Nice!!!

Activity : 4400

Back to top Go down

Post by Ribisl 09.02.13 22:09

Wrt 'lovely friends' I am wondering if the T7 weren't let in on all the facts at the beginning. It's pretty obvious imo from his earlier response to the PJ's question whether he had known RM that Gerry and Murat were well acquainted prior to this holiday. If RM was the one who was asked to fly in to help after Madeleine's death, then he could have been seen by JT carrying her away to her house before GM took her down Smiths' way to store in a temporary hiding place arranged by RM.

We know that not all of GM, JW and JT can be telling the truth about not seeing each other in the street outside 5A. But assuming JW and GM were on the far side of the street as JW says, with JW facing away from JT, then he would be telling the truth when he says he didn't see JT. If JT was walking up the near side of the street that was not well lit and if she had been drinking, it is possible that she really didn't see GM and JW on the other side, especially if she was looking straight ahead towards the 'eggman'. On the other hand, GM, who would have been facing in JT's direction, would deny seeing JT because she wasn't supposed to be there to see RM carrying Madeleine away. The three friends who placed RM near the apartment on the 3rd could also have been telling the inconvenient truth for the McCanns.

All was settled and financial compensation agreed when RM met Kennedy and the lawyers, and T9 at the hotel in Rothley.

I am sure someone will find holes in this scenario but it's just about plausible to me here and now.

Activity : 858

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady-Heather 09.02.13 22:58

Curiously..
"---- Questioned he states that he rented a grey Hyundai car on Saturday, 12 May, from the Auto Rent firm in Praia da Luz. He thinks that he picked up the car in the afternoon of that day. This car was returned by his mother on Tuesday 15th of that month. Basically he used the car in the area of Lagos and Portimão. He did not leave the Algarve with it. He does not remember how many kilometres he drove with the car, however he estimates about 100 to 200 at most. He informs having rented it because his mother was using the VW in the information table [she had set up] and the Skoda was in the workshop and he had no other means of transport. Confronted with the fact that there is information that that car had done 700 km during the rental period, he says this is not true. He denies having gone so many kilometres in that car, adding that to have more mileage than what he indicated that this will be an error of whoever read the mileage [odometer], the defendant was the only person to use the car."

So if the km reading was not an error, where did that car go in its missing 500km?

Lady-Heather
Lady-Heather

Activity : 138

Back to top Go down

Post by Inspectorfrost 10.02.13 0:17

jd wrote:

His DVLA was issued on 21st December 1995...We would need to trace back where he was living on this date. Off memory it might have been in Suffolk and around the Bernard Matthews days, but am not sure if it was this address/town in Suffolk. I 'think' that his ex wife moved to this address after she left PDL when she got homesick a few years previous. Will need to check this through

see In Detail Post

Norfolk, if you click on the link to mccannfiles you put on here earlier it gives a backround. In that it says he met Dawn in 1992,he got married in 2000. it goes on to say they bought a house at the address that the car rental agreement shows. I assume this was in 2001 as a search in zoopla shows that year as the first sale. his licence was issued 1995, wherever he was living at the time, now when you inform them of a change of address, does the licence issued date change? If not, then his address on the car rental agreement was correct if he had informed dvla of a change. Yes, doing my head in too now. But I think that sounds correct.
And posts saying he used his ex wifes house adress as if dodgy are not true as it was his house
too
lol!

As for the Mirror article, I wouldtake it with a pinch if salt, at that time RM was demonised by the media, I would also like to know why the car rental womans call to the police about RM is not inthe files. IE there is not alot there to back up Allen and Frickers article, reaks of he was impatient in a hurry to hire a car dodgy character and get rid of child or a body!

Inspectorfrost

Activity : 878

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 10.02.13 9:49

Lady-Heather wrote:Curiously..
"---- Questioned he states that he rented a grey Hyundai car on Saturday, 12 May, from the Auto Rent firm in Praia da Luz. He thinks that he picked up the car in the afternoon of that day. This car was returned by his mother on Tuesday 15th of that month. Basically he used the car in the area of Lagos and Portimão. He did not leave the Algarve with it. He does not remember how many kilometres he drove with the car, however he estimates about 100 to 200 at most. He informs having rented it because his mother was using the VW in the information table [she had set up] and the Skoda was in the workshop and he had no other means of transport. Confronted with the fact that there is information that that car had done 700 km during the rental period, he says this is not true. He denies having gone so many kilometres in that car, adding that to have more mileage than what he indicated that this will be an error of whoever read the mileage [odometer], the defendant was the only person to use the car."

So if the km reading was not an error, where did that car go in its missing 500km?

]

Strange, I was looking for something yesterday and came accross this on websleuths forum, the link of course does not work now, but according to this report, Murat went back to UK that weekend to see his wife in Norfolk just for the weekend??

Posted 15/5/2007 4.10 am

He told journalists that he was interested in the case of the missing girl because he has a four-year-old daughter of his own who looks similar to Madeleine.

He is believed to be separated from his wife, who is thought to live in Norfolk with their daughter. He has just returned to Portugal after visiting them over the weekend."

[url=http://news.sky.com/skynews/article/...265689,00.html][You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Interesting comment from poster underneath this article.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by bobbin 10.02.13 10:10

[quote="candyfloss"]
Lady-Heather wrote:Curiously..

Strange, I was looking for something yesterday and came accross this on websleuths forum, the link of course does not work now, but according to this report, Murat went back to UK that weekend to see his wife in Norfolk just for the weekend??

Posted 15/5/2007 4.10 am

He told journalists that he was interested in the case of the missing girl because he has a four-year-old daughter of his own who looks similar to Madeleine.

He is believed to be separated from his wife, who is thought to live in Norfolk with their daughter. He has just returned to Portugal after visiting them over the weekend."

Interesting comment from poster underneath this article.

When was the phone pinging for Matt or Russell or Gerry (bit vague here) identified as being at some distance, from PdL.
500 kms could be 250 kms there and back. Does the distant pinging coincide with these dates.
I for one, have always found car rental businesses extremely diligent when taking mileage readings.
bobbin

Activity : 2240

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr What 10.02.13 11:25

So, who was driving whom, to where, in which cars, and for what purposes?
With all the copies of car rentals, phone ping records, and the mass of confusion about who was where and when, it really would not surprise me now if the PJ knows exactly what the deed was,who did what to cover up the deed, and how they did it...but it can not be used in Court in a criminal trial.Maybe the evidence was obtained 'illegally' and hence could not be used.But I imagine it is detailed in the PJ files...the ones that have not been released, but have probably been viewed by our own Yard team.
The fact that GA knows about the evidence would be the worry for the McCann defence team.Whereas they could prevent that type of info being used to prosecute their clients, there is no guarantee that GA wouldn't raise these issues in a libel trial to defend himself, in open court with the Press in attendance.
In the meantime, GM can continue to say there has been no body found, hence no involvement in any disappearance.
Is the public antagonism between RM and team Mc a well rehearsed ploy to throw everyone off the scent? Or do the PJ know differently, but can't tell us.
Dr What

Activity : 286

Back to top Go down

Post by PeterMac 10.02.13 11:32

bobbin wrote:I for one, have always found car rental businesses extremely diligent when taking mileage readings.
Quite. They need to be able to charge for Excess mileage, if that was in the contract.
They have to keep the cars serviced properly at the correct intervals for their own insurance purposes, and they have to keep track to be able to get rid of them whilst they are still, just, under warranty. Which can mean mileage and / or age.
PeterMac
PeterMac
Investigator

Activity : 16605

http://whatreallyhappenedtomadeleinemccann.blogspot.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 10.02.13 17:09

aquila wrote:GM's Driver No. has an error in it. The last 3 letters/nos. read G99. It should read GP9. His middle name is quoted on his licence so his initials are GP, hence GP9. G99 means there is no middle name.

The date shown against MW's licence is 03/07/1981. This could well be the date of passing his test but could not be the current issue date of his licence as licences only last for ten years before renewal is required. The date of passing the driving test appears on the back of a UK licence against the categories of vehicles. The date of issue of the driving licence appears on the front. Would a car hire company make the mistake of using the wrong date if the licence were in front of them and all the relevant details were on the front of the licence?

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 10.02.13 17:16

Woofer wrote:I`ve been catching up with this thread - taken me ages.

Does anyone know what an Fls number is, as shown on the hire card records?

All the other renters have the same Fls number (don`t know if this is FLS or FIS)

In chronological order :-

Simon Halder - 2920 - 10th March

Simon Halder - 2920 - 17th March

John Paterson - 2923 - 18th March

John Paterson - 2923 - 25th March

Kenneth Walkden - 2926 - 25th March

Kenneth Walkden - 2926 - 1st April

Adrian Lowes - 2930 - 2nd April

Adrian Lowes - 2930 - 12th April

John Brown - 2933 - 8th May

John Brown - 2933 - 15th May

Fernando Vilela - 2936 - 17th May

Fernando Vilela - 2936 - 22nd May

Enawgaw Mengistae - 2903 - 23rd May

Enawgaw Mengistae - 2903 - 26th May

Gerald McCann - 2906 - 27th May

Gerald McCann - 2906 - 3rd June at 12.30

Gerald McCann - 2909 - 3rd June at 12.30

Gerald McCann - 2912 - 3rd June at 12.30

Gerald McCann - 2909 - 3rd June at 12.30

Gerald McCann - 2914 - 2nd August at 12.30

Gerald McCann - 2912 - No date

Gerald McCann - 2914 - 1st Sept at 12.30

Gerald McCann - 2897 - 1st Sept at 12.30

Gerald McCann - 2897 - 23rd Sept at 15.30.

If we put these Fls numbers in order, why would Gerry`s number be earlier than the other peoples?

Halder, Paterson, Walkden. Lowes, Brown, and Vilela are all reasonably sequential. But then we have an earlier number with Mengistae (2903) - does this mean he`s an earlier customer? But then Gerry has numbers right back in the 2897s way before even Mengistae. Then Gerry has many other numbers although given at same date and same time.

Does anyone know what these Fls numbers are?

What's your take on the mileage discrepancies I was harping about last week?
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 10.02.13 17:23

Lady-Heather wrote:
jd wrote:We went to Manchester and stayed at a friends house before catching the first flight of the morning, on Saturday 5th May 2007.

We arrived in Portugal on Saturday morning, where a friend lent us a car to use and we went to Praia da Luz.

So they had a car. they had "a friend" in Portugual they knew so well that they would lend them their car within 24 hours notice. Why didn't Sandy Cameron mention this in his statement but instead state it was a good idea to be added to gerry mcccanns hire car of 27th May, even though he was not on the contract as a named driver! I have so many other questions about this
Could this have been Murat? IIRC Murat himself needed to hire a car urgently, the following Saturday because his own was 'needed by those involved in the search for the four-year-old' ... a story which was later changed to 'because his was in for repairs'.
If so, it would explain GM's "no comment" when asked if he was already aquainted with RM.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by jd 10.02.13 17:47

Brief summary where we are at with some additional info:

We have currently 4 reasons for the car hire (including a non reason)

1) The English people who are looking for the little girl need to borrow my car. They need to put information posters on it. Briton Murat, 33, claimed Maddie’s parents Kate and Gerry, both 38, needed to borrow his car last Saturday to put posters on it.
2) His own was being used to help in searches for "the missing little girl"
3) His Skoda was in the workshop
4) Stated that he intended to rent a car as his car was being used for reasons he did not specify (PJ Files)

“I could tell by his voice he was in a real hurry."
He wanted it then and there. It was lunchtime last Saturday and Madeleine had already been missing for eight days."
“He said ‘Can I come down now?’ He said the English couple looking for the little girl needed his car to put posters on it.”

Address used for the car hire contract is ex-wife address. Was this the same actual address they were living or he was living by himself in 1995? Norfolk is a big place with many houses. He grew up in North and South Norfolk
DVLA: December 1995

Car Hire period: 12th May 2007 - 15th May 2007.....During this period robert murat was being interviewed by the PJ as a possible suspect

Lori Campbell points the finger at murat on Sky News May 14th 2007 (during this car hire period). She first contacted LPP on May 6th 2007

Martin Brunt phonecall to murat on May 15th 2007

He told journalists that he was interested in the case of the missing girl because he has a four-year-old daughter of his own who looks similar to Madeleine. He is believed to be separated from his wife, who is thought to live in Norfolk with their daughter. He has just returned to Portugal after visiting them over the weekend."...This would have been weekend May 12th - May 14th

700 km during the 3 day rental period? He was also being interviewed by the PJ during this period, so how did he have the time to clock up 700km?

The PJ were curious on May 11th....."it will be proper to point out that he [robert murat] has insistently and repeatedly questioned me about the identity of possible suspects, about the strategy outlined by the lead coordinator of the investigation and the work that might possibly have been considered for the coming days."......"It behoves me further to state that that suspicion became even more consolidated, following the fact that I became aware that Robert Murat would covertly attempt to catch glimpses of various procedural pieces [items being prepared for the case file] that make up the present inquiry, to the point that I followed my own consultation [hunch], in order to conduct the Diane Webster interview."........"he has tried persistently to influence the conduct of the present investigation, suggesting various analyses the agreement with which [i.e. had they agreed to follow those suggested lines of inquiry] could be intended to impute the consummation of the present illegal act [the missing child] to foreign third parties"

As robert murat had first-hand information as a translator pre May 12th, did he discover something from the investigation files that urgently needed this car hire for the mccanns to use? He served as a translator for the Norfolk police in situations where threats of a racist nature were made against Portuguese members of the community there. His timing to be back to PDL to be able to be translator in the Maddie case is impeccable

Back to top Go down

Post by Spaniel 10.02.13 17:56

Hope this isn't a diversion, but if you stole a wallet, would you remove the notes, but leave coins inside before reposting? No of course not! You'd throw them away. Why pay more for the weight?
The whole thing is nonsense anyway. A thief with a conscience who posts back to the victim? If they had a conscience, they wouldn't have stolen it in the first place. The likely place to find the wallet is inside a loo cistern, or bin.
Guess who did post it? Not well thought out though. Years ago I questioned on another forum the timeline between theft and return, but was ignored. I won't go over that again as it's obvious it doesn't work.
The Amsterdam friend, who was that I wonder? There is discussion elsewhere of NPD, and I can tell you from personal experience, they always over elaborate their lies.
I have no hope for the NSY review, as taking a look at the above should tell any Copper it's a lie. If they can't see it, it's a cover up. Coppers know thieves don't act that way. It is a complete nonsense.

Spaniel
Spaniel

Activity : 769

Back to top Go down

Post by jd 10.02.13 18:09

Spaniel wrote:Hope this isn't a diversion, but if you stole a wallet, would you remove the notes, but leave coins inside before reposting? No of course not! You'd throw them away. Why pay more for the weight?
The whole thing is nonsense anyway. A thief with a conscience who posts back to the victim? If they had a conscience, they wouldn't have stolen it in the first place. The likely place to find the wallet is inside a loo cistern, or bin.
Guess who did post it? Not well thought out though. Years ago I questioned on another forum the timeline between theft and return, but was ignored. I won't go over that again as it's obvious it doesn't work.
The Amsterdam friend, who was that I wonder? There is discussion elsewhere of NPD, and I can tell you from personal experience, they always over elaborate their lies.
I have no hope for the NSY review, as taking a look at the above should tell any Copper it's a lie. If they can't see it, it's a cover up. Coppers know thieves don't act that way. It is a complete nonsense.

We were discussing the wallet snatch in this topic

Back to top Go down

Post by Inspectorfrost 10.02.13 18:11

Judging by how many totally bare faced brassnecked lies the pair have told to date, I would like to see any evidence that there is a shred of truth to the silly stolen wallet story. He didnt even report it to the police even when his driving licence was in there which you are supposed to do.

Inspectorfrost

Back to top Go down

Post by dentdelion 10.02.13 18:57

I once had a stolen purse/wallet returned to me by post. It was taken from a supermarket trolley when I was busy weighing vegeables in an awkward corner of a busy shop. I had placed it in a shopping bag and rechon someone must have seen me do it. The thief stripped out the cash and dumped it in a nearby postbox. I was telephoned by a postal employee first and then it was returned to me by post.
dentdelion
dentdelion

Activity : 135

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr What 10.02.13 19:00

Quite
They and their friends have been very successful in telling tales, laying false trails, creating chaos, and changing stories to confuse those who were paid to investigate.They have also sought to provide an 'explanation' to any event that might find them out.And they have been very lucky, particularly with the lack of CCTV.
But I just don't think they reckoned on the PJ files being made available at all, being open to public analysis.As GA says, the answer is in the files.It is as if he is inviting us to find the answer, because he himself cannot tell us yet, even though the PJ know.
Dr What

Activity : 286

Back to top Go down

Post by jd 10.02.13 19:04

Gerry rented the Scenic as customer and driver for the first time on the 27th of May, the contract was renewed on the 3rd of June having been driven 750km. The new contract was issued with the customer being Zodiac rent a car Ltd.

Why did gerry mccann not rent the car himself on June 3rd? credit cards?

Why did he use a firm in Bracknell for this?

Back to top Go down

Post by saltnpepper 10.02.13 19:07

The record of names & dates for the scenic...there is a big gap from 12th April-8th May,were these records withheld ?
saltnpepper
saltnpepper

Activity : 154

Back to top Go down

Post by Inspectorfrost 10.02.13 19:15

Dr What wrote:Quite
They and their friends have been very successful in telling tales, laying false trails, creating chaos, and changing stories to confuse those who were paid to investigate.They have also sought to provide an 'explanation' to any event that might find them out.And they have been very lucky, particularly with the lack of CCTV.
But I just don't think they reckoned on the PJ files being made available at all, being open to public analysis.As GA says, the answer is in the files.It is as if he is inviting us to find the answer, because he himself cannot tell us yet, even though the PJ know.
goodpost

Inspectorfrost

Back to top Go down

Post by Inspectorfrost 10.02.13 19:19

saltnpepper wrote:The record of names & dates for the scenic...there is a big gap from 12th April-8th May,were these records withheld ?
It could just be the car wasnt hired then but yes it is a big gap
Inspectorfrost

Back to top Go down

Post by tigger 10.02.13 19:42

Inspectorfrost wrote:
Dr What wrote:Quite
goodpost

Neither did they think that
a) CSI dogs were going to be brought in. Although they said later they'd asked for the dogs. (Gerry had, as early as the 3rd he told someone that he'd expected the police to come with dogs but those were the only ones he'd asked for). They'd asked for the FBI (having an eye to patronage from the White House imo) but the PJ found it pointless and probably too expensive.
b) that those dogs were going to check the villa and their belongings and certainly they never expected the car to be checked as they could prove they hired it weeks later.

I wonder when they found out that the files were going to be published online. I'd have liked to be a fly on the wall. Gerry on his knees again, crying?

Activity : 8532

http://fytton.blogspot.nl/

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 10.02.13 19:52

I guess, indeed, that they'd never thought CSI dogs would be brought in. And from that moment on, things starting changing ...
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by saltnpepper 10.02.13 19:58

Inspectorfrost wrote:
saltnpepper wrote:The record of names & dates for the scenic...there is a big gap from 12th April-8th May,were these records withheld ?
It could just be the car wasnt hired then but yes it is a big gap

If the scenic was used pre May 3rd for any illegal activities with McCanns knowledge it would be a strange desicion to hire later on but whats normal in this case??

John Brown who had the scenic from 8th-15th May had a named driver called Michael Wright of all names,middle name George though...another coincidence
saltnpepper
saltnpepper

Activity : 154

Back to top Go down

Page 10 of 29 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 19 ... 29  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top