The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

Missing Tia Sharp - Page 7 Mm11

Missing Tia Sharp - Page 7 Regist10
The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

Missing Tia Sharp - Page 7 Mm11

Missing Tia Sharp - Page 7 Regist10

Missing Tia Sharp

Page 7 of 40 Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 23 ... 40  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Missing Tia Sharp - Page 7 Empty Re: Missing Tia Sharp

Post by Cristobell 09.08.12 23:14

Agree Tony, odd expressions. I picked up on the word 'my' in relation to the house, and the garden. He was the boyfriend of the mother before the grandmother, so unlikely that he shared ownership or even tenancy with the grandmother. I wonder how long he has been on the scene?

I just mentioned an ex-friend and the fella she moved in with her and her son. He used the 'my' word a lot too, even though the house belonged to her. He also wanted to throw her 15 year old son out. She hasn't done it yet, but I think its just a matter of time.
Cristobell

Activity : 2552

Back to top Go down

Post by tuom 09.08.12 23:27

PeterMac wrote:
EJW wrote:Apparently her Grandmother hadn't actually seen Tia for 24 hours prior to her disappearance. It was previously thought that Tia and her Grandmother had spent the night together before her disappearance, it has now been revealed that her Grandmother was actually in work on a night shift and returned home after Tia had left the house.
Leaving Tia overnight with a man who has already "had" both the mother and the grandmother, has a conviction for carrying an offensive weapon, and one for supplying class A drugs ?
Seems fairly normal for a sink estate in modern Britain.

Ah Petermac it's okay "everyone does it" Missing Tia Sharp - Page 7 110921 ( not making light of the case , and not meant to offend)
tuom
tuom

Activity : 583

Back to top Go down

Missing Tia Sharp - Page 7 Empty Did she run away?

Post by Tony Bennett 10.08.12 6:45

Julchen wrote:Sorry to interrupt your conversation.
But- perhaps because I am not a native speaker- what strikes me as odd is the way the uncle is going on about "nobody's in trouble", "you(she) are(is) part of the family","everything will be back to normal".
Ok, you people are concentrating on the granddad.
But here in this interview and during the press conference on Monday I found these phrases very strange or even disturbing.
To me this implies that Tia may have done something wrong.
If "she's been taken" this surely wasn't her fault. How could it be? What else could have happened at her mother's house?
Julchen, Guten Morgen. I think what the man was saying was meant to cover the possibility that she may have run away. Sadly, thousands of teenagers in Britain each year run away from a miserable home life and are reported 'missing' - and couunted as 'missing'. It's usually older teenagers, though. Tschuss.

Dr Martin Roberts: "The evidence is that these are the pjyamas Madeleine wore on holiday in Praia da Luz. They were photographed and the photo handed to a press agency, who released it on 8 May, as the search for Madeleine continued. The McCanns held up these same pyjamas at two press conferences on 5 & 7June 2007. How could Madeleine have been abducted?"

Amelie McCann (aged 2): "Maddie's jammies!".  

Tony Bennett
Tony Bennett
Researcher

Activity : 24770

Back to top Go down

Post by bobbin 10.08.12 6:53

tuom wrote:
PeterMac wrote:
EJW wrote:Apparently her Grandmother hadn't actually seen Tia for 24 hours prior to her disappearance. It was previously thought that Tia and her Grandmother had spent the night together before her disappearance, it has now been revealed that her Grandmother was actually in work on a night shift and returned home after Tia had left the house.
Leaving Tia overnight with a man who has already "had" both the mother and the grandmother, has a conviction for carrying an offensive weapon, and one for supplying class A drugs ?
Seems fairly normal for a sink estate in modern Britain.

Ah Petermac it's okay "everyone does it" Missing Tia Sharp - Page 7 110921 ( not making light of the case , and not meant to offend)

When did the night shift start and end? How far from home does grandma work? Just that if Tia left around late morning - mid-day, wouldn't grandma have been back from work in her car already, after night shift ended ? and where's her mum ? Maybe Tia felt a bit uncomfortable in a home with a man, on her own, overnight, and has gone to a friend's house. I would love to believe that she has left by choice and not gone missing for any other reason but sadly have my doubts.
bobbin

Activity : 2240

Back to top Go down

Post by monkey mind 10.08.12 6:54

Tony Bennett wrote:
But- perhaps because I am not a native speaker- what strikes me as odd is the way the uncle is going on about "nobody's in trouble", "you(she) are(is) part of the family","everything will be back to normal".
But here in this interview and during the press conference on Monday I found these phrases very strange or even disturbing.
If "she's been taken" this surely wasn't her fault. How could it be? What else could have happened at her mother's house?
Julchen, Guten Morgen. I think what the man was saying was meant to cover the possibility that she may have run away. Sadly, thousands of teenagers in Britain each year run away from a miserable home life and are reported 'missing' - and couunted as 'missing'. It's usually older teenagers, though. Tschuss.
Yes, usually older.
And they are welded to their phones...
monkey mind
monkey mind

Activity : 629

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 10.08.12 8:09

Interview with Mr Hazell.................

[youtube][/youtube]
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by tigger 10.08.12 8:16

I'm a bit worried about all that cleaning he did he is telling us about in such detail. Reasons for cleaning too, e.g. the fluffyness of the carpet, all the way to the front door, made the beds, did the washing, washing mentioned twice. Washing up get mentioned several times.
He knew exactly what she was wearing because he washed her clothes the previous evening - so did she bring a nightie?
Grandma comes home 2.30 which seems v. late for night shift. Evening they take the car to look for her.
She's like my own daughter - he's gets upset but mostly imo about the situation he finds himself in....

We'll have to wait and see. I'm just recording my impressions.

Activity : 8532

http://fytton.blogspot.nl/

Back to top Go down

Post by PeterMac 10.08.12 8:34

Quilts and bedding taken away this morning.
PeterMac
PeterMac
Investigator

Activity : 16578

http://whatreallyhappenedtomadeleinemccann.blogspot.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 10.08.12 8:44

PeterMac wrote:Quilts and bedding taken away this morning.

Thanks PeterMac, this from Sky..............

By Jane Dougall, Sky News Reporter

It is now one week since the disappearance of 12-year-old Tia Sharp and police are expected to step up their questioning of the public in an attempt to jog memories.

Her grandmother's house in New Addington, Croydon, has remained the focus of the investigation, as it was the last place she was seen, on Friday, August 3.

On Thursday evening, detectives removed a holdall from one of the rooms in the terraced house, believed to contain quilts and bedding.

They were later transferred into evidence bags and taken away for examination.

Stuart Hazell, the boyfriend of Tia's grandmother Christine Sharp, is believed to have been the last person to see the girl and detectives are treating him as a key witness in the inquiry.

He has told them Tia left the house at midday, last Friday, to go shopping in Croydon with money he had given her.

It is thought she would have walked to a nearby bus stop and police are expected to again talk to people who regularly use it.

Former Metropolitan Police detective Julian Worker said the investigating officers will want to revisit anywhere Tia may have gone, in an attempt to find people who would have seen her.

He told Sky News there could be someone who may not realise they possibly hold the key to finding the schoolgirl.

"People have different habits, they may have been away and come back after three or four days or, particularly with the Olympics going on at the moment, they may not have been monitoring the news in the same way," he said.

"So this offers that opportunity to raise it back into the psyche of the public and hopefully find that key witness who could make a difference to recover Tia."

The area around Ms Sharp's house has been searched by police, including bins and garages.

Detectives are also liaising with other forces, including West Yorkshire Police, the force that investigated the faked kidnapping of Shannon Matthews.

On Thursday, Tia's uncle David Sharp said the family were "in bits".

"Everyone is trying to do their best by sticking together and keeping everything tight and supporting each other," he said.

"I don't know what has happened to Tia. I don't want anyone to think the worst has happened to Tia."

He said he hoped she was "somewhere safe" and urged her: "Come home. There is no trouble. Walk through that door."

http://news.sky.com/story/970870/police-to-step-up-search-for-missing-tia
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Missing Tia Sharp - Page 7 Empty possible care work shift patterns

Post by EnfysB 10.08.12 9:33

tigger wrote:I'm a bit worried about all that cleaning he did he is telling us about in such detail. Reasons for cleaning too, e.g. the fluffyness of the carpet, all the way to the front door, made the beds, did the washing, washing mentioned twice. Washing up get mentioned several times.
He knew exactly what she was wearing because he washed her clothes the previous evening - so did she bring a nightie?
Grandma comes home 2.30 which seems v. late for night shift. Evening they take the car to look for her.
She's like my own daughter - he's gets upset but mostly imo about the situation he finds himself in....

We'll have to wait and see. I'm just recording my impressions.
(emphasis in bold added by me)

I rarely have anything original to add to the discussion here so don't often comment, and don;t know anything about the grandmother's job or normal work patterns so this is just for information- but having done agency residential care work in the past, in some types of care work, coming home at 2.30pm from a group home or care home setting would actually be quite normal- IF the grandmother had worked a 'sleeping' night and then a morning shift. 'Sleeping' night as opposed to 'waking' night, in that you actually have a room on site, go to bed as normal after the evening shift or shortly after you arrive to do the night, and only have to get up in the case of an emergency (which never happened to me), rather than having to stay awake and alert all night as is the case with a 'waking' night shift. This was in the early 2000s but I remember working many 'double shifts' on this basis- i.e. either working the afternoon/evening shift from around 2pm-10/11pm and then doing a 'sleeping' night from 10/11pm until 6/7am, or, going in late to take over from the evening shift worker to do the 'sleeping' night shift then staying on to work the morning shift from 6/7am-2pm. This kind of shift pattern was usually in small community group homes for example adapted houses where 4-6 adults with learning and/or physical disabilities or MH issues lived together with some level of independence from their families but still needed a responsible person on location 24/7 to help or supervise with anything they couldn't cope with alone, e.g. taking medication on time, cooking, generally getting along with each other, and in case of anything unexpected, e.g. should there be a fire, power cut, someone taking ill, having a seizure, etc. I'm not sure the agency were supposed to ask us to do a triple shift but seem to recall I did one once when they were desperately short staffed (i.e. afternoon shift, sleeping night, morning shift- I wasn't woken during the sleeping night so it was actually OK). Anyway, just thought i would chip in to say it isn't outside the bounds of normality, taking in travel time to get to the place of work, for a residential care worker to be gone from say 9.30pm one evening (assuming a 10pm 'sleeping' night start) and arrive home the following day at around 2.30pm, and technically if her employers allow a triple shift in the case of a sleeping night, she could technically have been at work for a 24 hour period from around 2pm the Thursday until 2pm on the Friday if she had done an afternoon/evening shift, a 'sleeping' night shift and then a morning shift all in a row.

W/R to the rest, I really don't know what to make of them all and the press is not helping, it's impossible to know which parts of the confusion/contradictions are being created by sloppy journalism and which are actually coming from the family, so I'm keeping any further thoughts I've had private for now and just hoping that this will somehow work out OK for Tia. Have to admit that its generally not looking good to me though, and also to having had similar thoughts about the new 'lady ambassador' who has been strangely quiet after all the fanfare about her appointment. I suppose this is the inherent problem for an organisation like 'missing people' - the crucial period for finding someone is always in the immediate hours and days after the disappearance- but this is a period during which it is just not possible to know what kind of 'disappearance' is being dealt with, so instantly 'supporting the family' as a default during that early period is simply not appropriate. Best IMO in the early hours and days for both organisations like this and the media to just to focus on officially released information from the police about the missing person him or herself, and the known facts of the disappearance (which as we are all well aware, does not always include certainty about *when* they actually did 'disappear', no matter what the family say), and leave the police to get on with the job of investigating all possibilities until they have a strong, evidenced idea of what actually happened. If of course the family approach the press themselves or are encouraged to do a press conference by the police then that is different (...) but I think the media camping on people's doorsteps uninvited and shoving microphones and cameras in people's faces every time they open the door at this stage is a bit much and should be stopped.

Finally, someone asked if the drink in the stepdad's hand in the (Sky?) video when he is doorstepped by reporters is a beer- i am no expert on either (beer or energy drinks!) but it looked more like a can or some kind of energy drink to me (blue/silver slim can?), which, if so, I think is pretty understandable, I doubt whatever the truth of this they will have been getting much sleep.
EnfysB

Activity : 11

Back to top Go down

Missing Tia Sharp - Page 7 Empty Popular

Post by Tony Bennett 10.08.12 9:34

10,000 views on this thread in just 3 days and a couple of hours.

That's 135 new views every hour, night & day

Dr Martin Roberts: "The evidence is that these are the pjyamas Madeleine wore on holiday in Praia da Luz. They were photographed and the photo handed to a press agency, who released it on 8 May, as the search for Madeleine continued. The McCanns held up these same pyjamas at two press conferences on 5 & 7June 2007. How could Madeleine have been abducted?"

Amelie McCann (aged 2): "Maddie's jammies!".  

Tony Bennett
Tony Bennett
Researcher

Activity : 24770

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 10.08.12 9:40

Good post EnfysB. I hope that you will contribute more often.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by pennylane 10.08.12 10:03

Watching that interview, Stuart Hazell seems sincere to me. Call me gullible, but I don't hear alarm bells ringing when he relates the events of that morning.

It's quite possible Tia was snatched, or accepted a ride with someone she knew Missing Tia Sharp - Page 7 173510

Who is the man sitting on Stuart's left please?
pennylane

Activity : 4406

Back to top Go down

Post by EnfysB 10.08.12 10:19

pennylane wrote:Watching that interview, Stuart Hazell seems sincere to me. Call me gullible, but I don't hear alarm bells ringing when he relates the events of that morning.

It's quite possible Tia was snatched, or accepted a ride with someone she knew Missing Tia Sharp - Page 7 173510

Hi, I *think* it is her uncle (David Sharp?) who seems to have been the main spokesperson for the family thus far. (Correct me if I'm wrong someone!)
EnfysB

Activity : 11

Back to top Go down

Post by PeterMac 10.08.12 10:20

EnfysB wrote:
Finally, someone asked if the drink in the stepdad's hand in the (Sky?) video when he is doorstepped by reporters is a beer- i am no expert on either (beer or energy drinks!) but it looked more like a can or some kind of energy drink to me (blue/silver slim can?), which, if so, I think is pretty understandable, I doubt whatever the truth of this they will have been getting much sleep.
I think it is Red Bull in the slim blue and silver can.
PeterMac
PeterMac
Investigator

Activity : 16578

http://whatreallyhappenedtomadeleinemccann.blogspot.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post by pennylane 10.08.12 10:21

EnfysB wrote:
pennylane wrote:Watching that interview, Stuart Hazell seems sincere to me. Call me gullible, but I don't hear alarm bells ringing when he relates the events of that morning.

Hi, I *think* it is her uncle (David Sharp?) who seems to have been the main spokesperson for the family thus far. (Correct me if I'm wrong someone!)

Many thanks EnfysB Missing Tia Sharp - Page 7 636911712
pennylane

Back to top Go down

Post by pauline 10.08.12 10:28

I read that Tia spent every weekend with grandma and boyfriend (as opposed to visited every weekend). On this occasion she had stayed on Thursday and I'm not clear if this was meant to be a long weekend or she would have gone home friday night.

now her mother has two small children, 1 and 3. if it were me I wouldn't want my 12 year old daughter away every weekend as I would like some help from her with her brothers/sisters (not sure the sex of these children). So could there be some conflict at home so either the mother is happy to lose her for the weekend and/or Tia insists on getting out?

Granny is rather young - 46 or 47 depending on the paper you read. she's not an old woman who needs minding and a grandchild caring for her every weekend. Granny has a demanding job (care worker) and she has her younger boyfriend to do the housework and one who also once serviced the mother!

So I'm wondering if she could have run away from a situation at home, fed up with having to take refuge at her granny's house.
pauline
pauline

Activity : 557

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 10.08.12 11:11

EnfysB wrote:

He does early in the interview refer to the person on his right (our left) as Dave.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Julchen 10.08.12 11:28

monkey mind wrote:
Tony Bennett wrote:
Yes, usually older.

Thanks for your replies.
Yes, I know the facts behind the words, BUT: all the teenagers who go missing have (from their point of view) a very good reason to run away. What I find so disturbing is the description of Tia as a very nice girl that is well-balanced and in a homely environment. But then: why should there even be the slightest reason for thinking she'd run away(i.e. escaped).

Or: What I mean is, keep an open mind. Remember the Shannon Matthews case where suddenly mother and uncle WERE the perpetrators of the plot. Call me naive or easy to convince or else, but to me the "granddad" comes across as more connected to the girl than the uncle.
Yes, he is certainly not the domestic goddess he wants to be pictured as. Having seen quite a few of these types of houses when house hunting I was appalled by the state these dwellings are in. Disgusting! Certainly no domestic goddess around these houses.
But then again: with people spending 90% of their time in front of TV, even doing a bit of cleaning up can make a member of this social community look like Mr. Clean.

I don't know. I have the feeling that the outcome will be very surprising and totally different to what it seems right now.

Cheers and thank you ever so much for this marvelous thread and forum!

Jule
Julchen

Activity : 136

Back to top Go down

Post by pennylane 10.08.12 11:38

Jean wrote:
EnfysB wrote:

He does early in the interview refer to the person on his right (our left) as Dave.

Thank you Jean xx

I think these people should take lie detector tests in order to help move the investigation forward. Certainly if I were innocent, I would be requesting one immediately...
pennylane

Back to top Go down

Post by zora-ann 10.08.12 12:06

The grandmother is now saying she doesn't know where Tia's mother, Natalie, is. She has said, "She needed to get away."

Very strange indeed for the mother of a missing child to want to 'get away'.

Also, the grandmother now doesn't seem to know where Stuart Hazell is but is apparently out 'doing his own thing'.

This is getting stranger by the minute.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/crime/9466611/Tia-Sharp-Now-mum-Natalie-has-disappeared.html
zora-ann

Activity : 18

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 10.08.12 12:10

Tweets from Sky...............

Harriet Tolputt@skynewsgatherer

Grandmother leaves house with detectives #FindTia

Police also stopping pedestrians. One member of the public telling police of "travellers the area" #FindTia

Harriet [email=Tolputt‏@skynewsgatherer]Tolputt@skynewsgatherer[/email]

Police dog brought in to #TiaSharp grandmother's home. pic.twitter.com/ri1PJzW3

The last tweet is 31 mins ago, I thought the police dogs were there yesterday??

Family liaison officers arrive at home of #TiaSharp grandmother. #FindTia

http://twitter.com/skynewsgatherer
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Gillyspot 10.08.12 12:17

8 minutes ago on twitter

martinbrunt ‏@skymartinbrunt
#TiaSharp Tia's gran Christine Sharp has just her home with two police officers, walked to police car and driven off.

Activity : 1622

Back to top Go down

Post by pennylane 10.08.12 12:26

Julchen wrote:
monkey mind wrote:
Tony Bennett wrote:
Yes, usually older.

Thanks for your replies.
Yes, I know the facts behind the words, BUT: all the teenagers who go missing have (from their point of view) a very good reason to run away. What I find so disturbing is the description of Tia as a very nice girl that is well-balanced and in a homely environment. But then: why should there even be the slightest reason for thinking she'd run away(i.e. escaped).

Or: What I mean is, keep an open mind. Remember the Shannon Matthews case where suddenly mother and uncle WERE the perpetrators of the plot. Call me naive or easy to convince or else, but to me the "granddad" comes across as more connected to the girl than the uncle.
Yes, he is certainly not the domestic goddess he wants to be pictured as. Having seen quite a few of these types of houses when house hunting I was appalled by the state these dwellings are in. Disgusting! Certainly no domestic goddess around these houses.
But then again: with people spending 90% of their time in front of TV, even doing a bit of cleaning up can make a member of this social community look like Mr. Clean.

I don't know. I have the feeling that the outcome will be very surprising and totally different to what it seems right now.

Cheers and thank you ever so much for this marvelous thread and forum!

Jule

My first thoughts on this case were that drugs may have been involved. Just like another case we know of whereby the body had to disappear?
pennylane

Back to top Go down

Post by Julchen 10.08.12 12:31

My first thoughts on this case were that drugs may have been involved.
Just like another case we know of whereby the body had to disappear?
Exactly! But not necessarily to do with the "granddad".

Jule
Julchen

Activity : 136

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 40 Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 23 ... 40  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top