The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

McCanns Easter break Donegal 2007 - Page 24 Mm11

McCanns Easter break Donegal 2007 - Page 24 Regist10
The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

McCanns Easter break Donegal 2007 - Page 24 Mm11

McCanns Easter break Donegal 2007 - Page 24 Regist10

McCanns Easter break Donegal 2007

Page 24 of 29 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 23, 24, 25 ... 29  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

McCanns Easter break Donegal 2007 - Page 24 Empty Re: McCanns Easter break Donegal 2007

Post by Guest 25.01.14 23:44

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

This report (from about 4.43) says that Gerry's father ran the pub until he died - a hell of a commute from Glasgow every day!

The only records of Joe Peoples in Donegal are as the Director of Water Services for Donegal Council and as a funeral director. If that's the same man as the one who runs the pub, what a busy bee he is.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

McCanns Easter break Donegal 2007 - Page 24 Empty Re: McCanns Easter break Donegal 2007

Post by Daisy 26.01.14 18:25

No Fate Worse Than De'Ath wrote:[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

This report (from about 4.43) says that Gerry's father ran the pub until he died - a hell of a commute from Glasgow every day!

The only records of Joe Peoples in Donegal are as the Director of Water Services for Donegal Council and as a funeral director. If that's the same man as the one who runs the pub, what a busy bee he is.
Thanks for the link NFWTD. They really do think the general public are so gullible and thick, ripe for the taking. They must do, else they wouldn't insult us by peddling this tripe. Hey, it worked though. Clarrie & GM are both on record telling us how lucrative the Irish market was.

He's a mysterious fella is Joe Peoples.

Unknown

“And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music.” 

― Friedrich Nietzsche
Daisy
Daisy

Activity : 1312

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 26.01.14 18:50

A bit naive perhaps, BUT why would TM concoct a story about a family outing in Donegal over Easter 2007, when it wasn't true ???
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Daisy 26.01.14 18:54

In no way am I insinuating that Michael Ferry is connected to the McCann's. No doubt it's a pretty common surname around Gweedore & surrounding villages. He's probably got nothing to do with Eileen/Ellen/Ferry/McCann at all. Just because they have the same surname and come from the same place doesn't mean there's a connection.

But, he's been mentioned a time or two throughout this thread so I thought this the best place to put this latest article on him.

Please delete if inappropriate mods.

Ferry abuse victims voice their concerns

Published on the 24th January 2014

Unknown

“And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music.” 

― Friedrich Nietzsche
Daisy
Daisy

Back to top Go down

Post by tigger 26.01.14 19:04

Châtelaine wrote:A bit naive perhaps, BUT why would TM concoct a story about a family outing in Donegal over Easter 2007, when it wasn't true ???

A  waiter in Zaival beach is positive he saw them at easter. The Irish connection/ holiday was stressed very early and the editor of the Belfast Telegraph must have had the photographs on his desk by the 6th of May to publish on the 8th.

Activity : 8532

http://fytton.blogspot.nl/

Back to top Go down

Post by Daisy 26.01.14 19:21

Châtelaine wrote:A bit naive perhaps, BUT why would TM concoct a story about a family outing in Donegal over Easter 2007, when it wasn't true ???
Well that's the question Châtelaine. Why? I don't know the answer. I'm aware that the good folk of Ireland were some of the best contributors to the fund though. I've either seen or read direct quotes from CM, GM & KM saying so.

Unknown

― Friedrich Nietzsche
Daisy
Daisy

Back to top Go down

Post by ultimaThule 26.01.14 19:34

No Fate Worse Than De'Ath wrote:[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

A funeral director?   One who attends to corpses and coffins and burials?

I wonder how preoccupied with this part of his workload Mr Peoples was during the time clan McCann spent in the land of their fathers and how many recently departed were interred during, or shortly after, their stay?

Last sentence deleted
ultimaThule
ultimaThule

Activity : 3376

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 26.01.14 19:45

Were I of a more cynical nature (cough) I might think that the McCanns exaggerated their "Irishness" to appeal to the good nature and generosity of the Irish people.

It worked didn't it; Kate said in her book (I think) that there was an exceptional amount of sympathy and donations from Ireland.

Did the family did go to Donegal at Easter 2007? Who knows.......
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Irisheyes 26.01.14 19:47

Pub owners are often funeral directors/ undertakers in ireland. Im not sure why but it is the tradition. I dont find that unusual at all.
Irisheyes

Activity : 33

Back to top Go down

Post by Daisy 26.01.14 19:49

ultimaThule wrote:

I wonder how preoccupied with this part of his workload Mr Peoples was during the time clan McCann spent in the land of their fathers and how many recently departed were interred during, or shortly after, their stay?

thinking  Gerry's Dad died in Scotland. He was cremated but his ashes were interned in a Graveyard in (or v near) St Johnstone with the rest of his family. I think this was quite some time after he died though. Wonder if Mr Peoples directed this second funeral? 

Regards your second comment, I don't want to lead anyone into trouble so just be very wary with your use of words. But Yes, that's the point I was making.

I still don't know who Joe peoples is.

Unknown

― Friedrich Nietzsche
Daisy
Daisy

Back to top Go down

Post by tigger 26.01.14 19:50

This is from the Zaival topic:

Molly wrote:
"I inform you that, upon going to the Zavial Beach concession of Ernesto Joaquim Muchacho , telephone contact numbers, ******** and ******; the same stated that he recognised the parents of Madeleine McCann as clients of his restaurant and that he remembers seeing them for the last time in his establishment in the month of April (Easter holidays), accompanied by their three children. Since this date, as he exercises his function in the kitchen, he does not remember having seen them on that beach or in his restaurant.

It is relevant to note that the Zaival Beach is normally frequented by nudists, and consequently attracts some peepers/lookers on.

These are facts I wanted to bring to your attention.

Lagos, 09th of May of 2007."

So which story is correct?

"Kate and Gerry McCann happily talked about their first family holiday in Ireland at Easter where they spent five blissful days with Madeleine and her two-year-old twin sister and brother, Amelie and Sean.

"It was the first time we had been back to Donegal as a family and the first time Kate was there," Gerry said as the couple seemed lost for a moment in an idyllic place and time.

"It was a real big family get-together with all of my extended family and close friends. It was a fantastic holiday and the kids had a ball. There were 27 of us in all and we took three cottages in Dunloe. We spent the first two days on the beach. The weather was gorgeous and Madeleine and the kids just ran up and down the sand dunes," Gerry McCann said, adding that it reminded him of so many of his childhood summers there. "

"She said it could be too painful for the couple to revisit the area, where they had a great time in 2007 just weeks before little Maddy (4) was snatched from a holiday apartment in the Algarve last May.

In exclusive pictures published by the Belfast Telegraph in the weeks following her disappearance, Madeleine was seen with her cousins happily playing on the beach and enjoying an ice cream during the Easter break in Donegal.

On their annual trip to the county last year, Kate and Gerry took Madeleine and their twins Sean and Amelie to St Johnston to see the pub where Gerry's father John was born.

Madeleine's aunt, Philomena McCann, revealed last year that 46 family and friends enjoyed the holiday in Donegal where she was also born.
Unquote

27 or 46?  Do the McCanns have problems counting and was the Turkish holiday much of the same?
Not that It makes a difference - 27 or 46 - I still need a dark room and a wet towel on my head - all those McCanns......

Back to top Go down

Post by Daisy 26.01.14 19:51

Irisheyes wrote:Pub owners are often funeral directors/ undertakers in ireland. Im not sure why but it is the tradition. I dont find that unusual at all.
I don't find it unusual either. It's all the other stuff I find unusual.

I'm assuming you're from Ireland Irisheyes? (forgive me if i'm wrong) Do you believe in the words of Joe Peoples? Do the people around you take him at his word?

Unknown

― Friedrich Nietzsche
Daisy
Daisy

Back to top Go down

Post by Piggybacker 26.01.14 20:13

[quote="ultimaThule"][quote="No Fate Worse Than De'Ath"][url=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6lPGrmbS7cA#t=295][You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

The only records of Joe Peoples in Donegal are as the Director of Water Services for Donegal Council and as a funeral director. If that's the same man as the one who runs the pub, what a busy bee he is.[/quote]

[color=#3333ff]Last sentence deleted[/color][/quote]
Yes ...an 'Undertaker' as we so refer to them here. In the Irish Countryside, it would seem to be standard. The local publican is also the undertaker!
IMO..it just makes perfect sence in a small village .... when someone is being buried,  the whole community is at the graveside(why keep the pub open!) ...afterwards the Undertaker becomes a Publican to serve drinks to the whole community!

As for the inbreeding....Yes!...That was an unnessesary statement!  big grin
Piggybacker

Activity : 8

Back to top Go down

Post by sami 26.01.14 20:34

This article reports on Joes recollection of the Easter visit.  In this one he says Gerry was not there on the visit

Three weeks before their family holiday, the McCann family had been enjoying their time in Dungloe. They left the Rosses and went to visit McCann’s pub in St. Johnston. Madeleine’s grandmother Eileen had leased the pub to Joe Peoples and they would often call into the friendly local publican. He enjoyed their brief visit because the McCann family had the children with them. He remembers Kate, Eileen and the children being in the pub but recalls that Gerry, Madeleine’s father was not with them on this occasion.

sami

Activity : 1019

Back to top Go down

Post by Daisy 26.01.14 20:41

sami wrote:This article reports on Joes recollection of the Easter visit.  In this one he says Gerry was not there on the visit

Three weeks before their family holiday, the McCann family had been enjoying their time in Dungloe. They left the Rosses and went to visit McCann’s pub in St. Johnston. Madeleine’s grandmother Eileen had leased the pub to Joe Peoples and they would often call into the friendly local publican. He enjoyed their brief visit because the McCann family had the children with them. He remembers Kate, Eileen and the children being in the pub but recalls that Gerry, Madeleine’s father was not with them on this occasion.

Thanks for that Sami.

So much contradiction; confusion is good though according to some.

Unknown

― Friedrich Nietzsche
Daisy
Daisy

Back to top Go down

Post by Doug D 26.01.14 23:28

Independente.ie 10th June 2007
‘It was the first time we had been back to Donegal (Dungloe) as a family (family of 5 or the clan?) and the first time Kate was there," Gerry said as the couple seemed lost for a moment in an idyllic place and time.’
Belfast Telegraph 20th Feb 2008

On their annual trip to the county last year, Kate and Gerry took Madeleine and their twins Sean and Amelie to St Johnston….’

‘"This time last year, the whole family was together, all Madeleine's cousins were there in Donegal at Easter," she (Eileen McCann) said.’

‘Joe Peoples runs the bar in the village (St Johnston) and said …………"I have met Kate the once and Gerry twice and………’

There appears to be little relevance to these articles other than to implant the ‘We were there at Easter 2007’ idea into peoples heads, although the photo in the BT article purports to be from outside ‘Tullys Bookmakers’ in Main Street, Dungloe and the beach photo seems to fit the location as well, but there is much discussion earlier in the thread as to whether the timing of the photo fits, cars, refurbishments, ages of twins, is it MM, photoshopping, etc
How unusual!

Also in this Independente article, but OT:

‘Mr McCann said that were he to be back in the UK he would find it very hard even going to the family home in Rothley, Leicestershire. "It will be very, very hard;the last time I was back, I couldn't even go into the house. I found it hard enough going to Rothley.'

When (& how) did he get the photos, pillowcase etc then?
Doug D

Activity : 5284

Back to top Go down

Post by Daisy 26.01.14 23:41

tigger wrote:This is from the Zaival topic:

Molly wrote:
"I inform you that, upon going to the Zavial Beach concession of Ernesto Joaquim Muchacho , telephone contact numbers, ******** and ******; the same stated that he recognised the parents of Madeleine McCann as clients of his restaurant and that he remembers seeing them for the last time in his establishment in the month of April (Easter holidays), accompanied by their three children. Since this date, as he exercises his function in the kitchen, he does not remember having seen them on that beach or in his restaurant.

It is relevant to note that the Zaival Beach is normally frequented by nudists, and consequently attracts some peepers/lookers on.

"Kate and Gerry McCann happily talked about their first family holiday in Ireland at Easter where they spent five blissful days with Madeleine and her two-year-old twin sister and brother, Amelie and Sean.

"It was the first time we had been back to Donegal as a family and the first time Kate was there," Gerry said as the couple seemed lost for a moment in an idyllic place and time.

"It was a real big family get-together with all of my extended family and close friends. It was a fantastic holiday and the kids had a ball. There were 27 of us in all and we took three cottages in Dunloe. We spent the first two days on the beach. The weather was gorgeous and Madeleine and the kids just ran up and down the sand dunes," Gerry McCann said, adding that it reminded him of so many of his childhood summers there. "

"She said it could be too painful for the couple to revisit the area, where they had a great time in 2007 just weeks before little Maddy (4) was snatched from a holiday apartment in the Algarve last May.

In exclusive pictures published by the Belfast Telegraph in the weeks following her disappearance, Madeleine was seen with her cousins happily playing on the beach and enjoying an ice cream during the Easter break in Donegal.

On their annual trip to the county last year, Kate and Gerry took Madeleine and their twins Sean and Amelie to St Johnston to see the pub where Gerry's father John was born.

Madeleine's aunt, Philomena McCann, revealed last year that 46 family and friends enjoyed the holiday in Donegal where she was also born.
Unquote

27 or 46?  Do the McCanns have problems counting and was the Turkish holiday much of the same?
Not that It makes a difference - 27 or 46 - I still need a dark room and a wet towel on my head - all those McCanns......
27, 46, who knows?

I know it's hardly relevant but Phil sure irritates me by her over- use of the word 'wee'

"Maddie's aunt Phil McCann told yesterday how she has already bought her niece a birthday present.

Maddie will be four on Saturday.

Phil, 43, from Ullapool, revealed she was "elated" that police believe Maddie is still alive.

She said: "She's a normal wee lassie, full of life. She's fascinated by pink like most wee girls. She's a real Barbie girl.

She's got a wee pink bike with pink ribbons. We were due to go and visit them this week until this happened.

"I bought her a Scooby Doo scooter for her birthday."

The last time Phil saw her was when 46 friends and family holidayed in Ireland at Easter.

She said: "She's just learned to swim from taking lessons and in Donegal, she had her water wings off for the first time. "She is a confident wee girl who is wary of strangers."

Unknown

― Friedrich Nietzsche
Daisy
Daisy

Back to top Go down

Post by Piggybacker 27.01.14 1:35

[quote="Daisy"][quote="tigger"]This is from the Zaival topic:

Molly wrote:

"It was a real big family get-together with all of my extended family and close friends. It was a fantastic holiday and the kids had a ball. [u][b]There were 27 of us in all[/b][/u] and we took three cottages in Dunloe. We spent the first two days on the beach. The weather was gorgeous and Madeleine and the kids just ran up and down the sand dunes," Gerry McCann said, adding that it reminded him of so many of his childhood summers there. "

Unquote

Not that It makes a difference - 27 or 46 - I still need a dark room and a wet towel on my head - all those McCanns......[/quote]
[b]27, 46, who knows?

I know it's hardly relevant but Phil sure irritates me by her over- use of the word 'wee'

[/b]
[color=#333366]"Maddie's aunt Phil McCann told yesterday how she has already bought her niece a birthday present.[/color]

[color=#333366] [/color]

[color=#333366]Maddie will be four on Saturday.[/color]

[color=#333366] [/color]

[color=#333366]Phil, 43, from Ullapool, revealed she was "elated" that police believe Maddie is still alive.[/color]

[color=#333366] [/color]

[color=#333366]She said: "She's a normal [u]wee[/u] lassie, full of life. She's fascinated by pink like most [u]wee[/u] girls. She's a real Barbie girl.[/color]

[color=#333366] [/color]

[color=#333366]She's got a [u]wee[/u] pink bike with pink ribbons. We were due to go and visit them this week until this happened.[/color]

[color=#333366] [/color]

[color=#333366]"I bought her a Scooby Doo scooter for her birthday."[/color]

[color=#333366] [/color]

[color=#333366]The last time Phil saw her was when 46 friends and family holidayed in Ireland at Easter.[/color]

[color=#333366] [/color]

[color=#333366]She said: "She's just learned to swim from taking lessons and in Donegal, she had her water wings off for the first time. "She is a confident [u]wee[/u] girl who is wary of strangers."[/color]

[color=#333366] [/color][/quote]
Obviously, her wee Darling.

Those who can 'DO'..and those who can't,  'Teach'!...
Piggybacker

Activity : 8

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 27.01.14 9:12

Apologies to all our Scottish members but the over-use of the word "wee" is something that grates on me too! It was all over the place in reports about Mikaeel Kular as well. Lorraine Kelly is prone to attacks of weeism!  

I suppose it's not quite as irritating though as the "innit" or "isn't it" that many people add to the end of every sentence, even when it doesn't make sense, such as I'm going to the cinema, innit.

You can't help but wonder about the truth of the Donegal visit story when there are so many contradictory reports about it.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by russiandoll 27.01.14 9:17

I would have thought that a confident, outgoing child would be less likely to be wary of strangers by nature

btw, I will let the snide remark about teachers go, seeing that it seemed to be aimed specifically at a certain PMC !  smilie

The great enemy of the truth is very often not the lie — deliberate,
contrived and dishonest — but the myth — persistent, persuasive and
unrealistic.
~John F. Kennedy

russiandoll
russiandoll

Activity : 4058

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 27.01.14 9:34

No Fate Worse Than De'Ath wrote:
You can't help but wonder about the truth of the Donegal visit story when there are so many contradictory reports about it.

It's a shame the Paynes and the Gaspars weren't invited to Donegal.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by MissDaisy 27.01.14 9:42

Speaking purely hypothetically, what if they were in Portugal in Easter, 2007 and GM was meeting people there that he had met on previous trips. Maybe it was a meeting that the people involved wouldn't want anyone knowing about. GM had always made much of his Irish background to these people and that's what they knew of him, son of Irish immigrants proud of his Irish heritage. However,after 3rd of May he is on TV everywhere, maybe he hasn't been telling the truth about aspects of his background and therefore the Donegal background has to be reinforced and the character Joe Peoples is used to push the story. As I say, all just hpothetical and I have probably way overthought it! Again just my opinion.
MissDaisy

Activity : 126

Back to top Go down

Post by tigger 27.01.14 9:49

MissDaisy wrote:Speaking purely hypothetically, what if they were in Portugal in Easter, 2007 and GM was meeting people there that he had met on previous trips. Maybe it was a meeting that the people involved wouldn't want anyone knowing about. GM had always made much of his Irish background to these people and that's what they knew of him, son of Irish immigrants proud of his Irish heritage. However,after 3rd of May he is on TV everywhere, maybe he hasn't been telling the truth about aspects of his background and therefore the Donegal background has to be reinforced and the character Joe Peoples is used to push the story. As I say, all just hpothetical and I have probably way overthought it! Again just my opinion.

What if the blue eyeshadow photo was taken in Burgau and what if it was taken around Easter? Mere speculation.

Back to top Go down

Post by MissDaisy 27.01.14 10:06

tigger wrote:What if the blue eyeshadow photo was taken in Burgau and what if it was taken around Easter? Mere speculation.
Good point, it could well have been taken at Easter. When I look at the picture I think of the Estrela da Luz apartments though. 
MissDaisy

Activity : 126

Back to top Go down

Post by sami 27.01.14 10:27

tigger wrote:
MissDaisy wrote:Speaking purely hypothetically, what if they were in Portugal in Easter, 2007 and GM was meeting people there that he had met on previous trips. Maybe it was a meeting that the people involved wouldn't want anyone knowing about. GM had always made much of his Irish background to these people and that's what they knew of him, son of Irish immigrants proud of his Irish heritage. However,after 3rd of May he is on TV everywhere, maybe he hasn't been telling the truth about aspects of his background and therefore the Donegal background has to be reinforced and the character Joe Peoples is used to push the story. As I say, all just hpothetical and I have probably way overthought it! Again just my opinion.

What if the blue eyeshadow photo was taken in Burgau and what if it was taken around Easter? Mere speculation.
It is not impossible they were in both Donegal and PDL at Easter.  The Easter break from schools etc is a two week period so any visit to Donegal during those two weeks could be referred to as "Easter".  The airport is only minutes from where they are supposed to have stayed in Donegal.

There has been a big effort to advertise the Donegal trip and whilst I am sure a certain part of that is to generate funds from the Irish public, equally it suggests they could not have been in Portugal because they were in Donegal.

Were specific dates ever made known for the Donegal visit does anyone know ?
sami

Activity : 1019

Back to top Go down

Page 24 of 29 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 23, 24, 25 ... 29  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top