The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

what made you - When / What made you first question this "story"? - Page 2 Mm11

what made you - When / What made you first question this "story"? - Page 2 Regist10
The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

what made you - When / What made you first question this "story"? - Page 2 Mm11

what made you - When / What made you first question this "story"? - Page 2 Regist10

When / What made you first question this "story"?

Page 2 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

what made you - When / What made you first question this "story"? - Page 2 Empty Re: When / What made you first question this "story"?

Post by The Shelfstacker 30.05.11 22:46

lj wrote:But the recent discovery that the whole coloboma thing was made up, making it so much more difficult for Madeleine to be found, and all because it was a good marketing ploy
I must confess to having my doubts about the coloboma but I've never heard it confirmed that the story was concocted. Is this true? Do you have a link or reference please?
The Shelfstacker
The Shelfstacker

Activity : 120

Back to top Go down

what made you - When / What made you first question this "story"? - Page 2 Empty Re: When / What made you first question this "story"?

Post by lj 30.05.11 23:23

The Shelfstacker wrote:
lj wrote:But the recent discovery that the whole coloboma thing was made up, making it so much more difficult for Madeleine to be found, and all because it was a good marketing ploy
I must confess to having my doubts about the coloboma but I've never heard it confirmed that the story was concocted. Is this true? Do you have a link or reference please?

In the Piers Morgan interview:

But listen to what Kate and Gerry now say about the coloboma in recent interview with Piers Morgan:
thanks to weissnicht on themaddiecasefiles.com
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

MORGAN: Madeleine had a very distinctive eye pattern, didn't she? Tell me about that, Kate, in case people see somebody they think may be Madeleine. Tell me about her eye.

K. MCCANN: If I'm honest, we haven't put too much emphasis on her eye, because I think you have to be very close to her to see it. But her eyes are slightly different colors, and one of them has this brown fleck in it. But you do notice, particularly on photographs, but --

MORGAN: Slightly distinctive eye colors and a little fleck.

MORGAN: And do you know if that would be still there if she's now eight years old?

G. MCCANN: Certainly believe it wouldn't have changed. I think there's been a pattern to be still there. That it's -- the technical term is coloboma, where there's a defect in the iris. I don't think it is actually. I think it's actually an additional bit of color. She certainly had no visual problems.

IIRC it also came up in the Irish interview.

For a call to action in the medical society:

thanks to niknaks.

They made huge fools of themselves.

lj
lj

Activity : 3590

Back to top Go down

Post by Wasnew 31.05.11 7:43

K. MCCANN: If I'm honest, we haven't put too much emphasis on her eye,

Really Kate, is that true, or are we all misremembering? I did a quick
search on google, using the term 'Madeleine McCann's eyes'.

These were my first five hits:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]- note a reference
to the right eye:
A notable feature is a of her
right eye where the pupil runs into the
in the form of a black radial strip reaching from the out to the edge
of the at
the '7 o'clock' position, about 30° clockwise from the bottom.[207][208]

This contains the gem:

Mrs
McCann said: "The purpose of the poster is to highlight the distinction in
Madeleine's eye.

"We
want to make the most of it, because we know her hair could potentially be cut
or dyed."

Paragraph 5:
It's not the first reported sighting of Madeleine, but a spokesman for
the McCann family said it was "more worthy than most" because of the
eye defect.

The 4th link is to a whole series of images.

The 5th

This last one is particularly good - this shows the poster of the eye. - I
don't know who the person is who put it up and so I feel a bit cheeky putting
it up without permission. I would imagine that it is someone who was moved by
their plight.

Hmm - "haven't put too much emphasis on her
eye"  - well
, you could have fooled me. I don't want to join the
conspiracy theorists, or the 'anti-McCann' brigade, but please Kate and Gerry;
you do yourself no favours with a statement like that. If you are passing the
begging bowl around again, please have the grace not to insult our intelligence.  This is how your statements make me feel:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Anonymous
Wasnew

Back to top Go down

Post by WasNew 31.05.11 7:51

Whoops - I am having problems with my links and my third link didn't show up

That's what the paragraph 5 refers to:
eye defect.
Anonymous
WasNew

Back to top Go down

what made you - When / What made you first question this "story"? - Page 2 Empty The eyes have it

Post by Guest 31.05.11 9:41

People who are less than honest (polite speak for "habitual liars") are always going to have problems like this; unless they have exceptionally good memories they will keep tripping themselves up. I'm surprised that Clarence isn't advising them about the "foot in mouth" syndrome. Then again, it seems that no matter what they say, nobody in authority takes a blind bit of notice anyway.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by HotlipsHealy 31.05.11 10:26

Marian wrote:Then again, it seems that no matter what they say, nobody in authority takes a blind bit of notice anyway.

Exactly. angry

The McC's can do exactly what they please and everyone will just pat them on the back and applaud their bravery.

Oh, and throw some more money their way.
HotlipsHealy
HotlipsHealy

Activity : 169

Back to top Go down

Post by lj 31.05.11 12:51

Wasnew wrote:

K. MCCANN: If I'm honest, we haven't put too much emphasis on her eye,

Really Kate, is that true, or are we all misremembering? I did a quick
search on google, using the term 'Madeleine McCann's eyes'.

These were my first five hits:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]- note a reference
to the right eye:
A notable feature is a of her
right eye where the pupil runs into the
in the form of a black radial strip reaching from the out to the edge
of the at
the '7 o'clock' position, about 30° clockwise from the bottom.[207][208]

This contains the gem:

Mrs
McCann said: "The purpose of the poster is to highlight the distinction in
Madeleine's eye.

"We
want to make the most of it, because we know her hair could potentially be cut
or dyed."

Paragraph 5:
eye defect.

The 4th link is to a whole series of images.

The 5th

This last one is particularly good - this shows the poster of the eye. - I
don't know who the person is who put it up and so I feel a bit cheeky putting
it up without permission. I would imagine that it is someone who was moved by
their plight.

Hmm - "haven't put too much emphasis on her
eye"  - well
, you could have fooled me. I don't want to join the
conspiracy theorists, or the 'anti-McCann' brigade, but please Kate and Gerry;
you do yourself no favours with a statement like that. If you are passing the
begging bowl around again, please have the grace not to insult our intelligence.  This is how your statements make me feel:

They published it in the Lancet for F sake!! They are either lousy doctors, or liars, and I think they're both!

Please wasnew "unguest" yourself and stay!

lj
lj

Back to top Go down

Post by niknaks08 31.05.11 16:25

hey all hope evry 1 had a good bank hols wkend , back to the lancet which is is the world's leading general medical journal and specialty journals in Oncology, Neurology and Infectious Diseases. ive now joined and this is the article .
LJ im wondering if it is worth sending a messege to the writer of this article,(although im not the best person to do this lol ) the link to the lancet article

Search for in All Fields Article Title, Abstract, Keywords Authors Article Title Abstract

outline goes here
The Lancet, Volume 369, Issue 9576, Page 1846, 2 June 2007

doi:10.1016/S0140-6736(07)60823-X[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Child abduction—a call for assistance

Original Text
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.], [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

The McCann family has asked health professionals to look out for Madeleine McCann, a 4-year-old English girl with a coloboma of her right iris, who was abducted while on holiday in Praia Da Luz, Portugal, on May 3, 2007.[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] Madeleine's disappearance highlights the ever-present danger of child abduction worldwide, remembered in a national day—May 25—in the USA.

document.write('[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
');

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] (40K) McCann
Madeleine McCann

Despite The Hague Convention[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] and a resolution adopted in 2003 by the UN Commission on Human Rights on the abduction of children in Africa, children around the world continue to be abducted at an alarming rate.[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.], [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] Yet such children seldom receive publicity. By contrast, the response to Madeleine's disappearance has been an overwhelming expression of public compassion. The intensity of concern should strengthen the will of both policymakers and individuals to undertake greater efforts on behalf of missing children everywhere.

References

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] Missing Madeleine. [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] (accessed May 27, 2007).
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] Convention of 25 October 1980 on the Civil Aspects of International Child Abduction. [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] (accessed May 28, 2007).
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] Amnesty International Report 2007. [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] (accessed May 28, 2007).
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] Human Rights Watch report 2007. [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] (accessed May 28, 2007).

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] The Lancet, London NW1 7BY, UK
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] The Lancet, London NW1 7BY, UK

niknaks08
niknaks08

Activity : 58

Back to top Go down

Post by LittleMissMolly 31.05.11 16:53

lj wrote:

K. MCCANN: If I'm honest, we haven't put too much emphasis on her eye, because I think you have to be very close to her to see it. But her eyes are slightly different colors, and one of them has this brown fleck in it. But you do notice, particularly on photographs, but --

You couldn't make it up could you? [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] ......

The posters with LOOK (showing coloboma in the 'O's)

The Bryan Adams song (Look into My Eyes)

The other poster with 'Look into my Eyes' as displayed by David Beckham

..... I obviously imagined all of that then Shocked

LittleMissMolly

Activity : 152

Back to top Go down

Post by lj 31.05.11 19:06

Hi MissMolly, I had forgotten about the Bryan Adams song, didn't they have to remove that because they had conveniently forgotten they should ask permission (and pay royalties)?

Hi NikNaks, I hope your weekend was good. I would not write them. I never realized this was posted in the Lancet, and it sure is a spurious use of the magazine. If people are so blunt to do that, they will surely consider a letter about Gerry and Kate's recent medical faux pas as "hater mail". The Lancet has had enough little and big scandals to be very weary, so just let it drip drip in that they have been fooled again.

lj
lj

Back to top Go down

Post by xtrouble 31.05.11 19:30

2 or 3 weeks ago, I'd never taken too much notice of the case before that. I imagine I wasn't alone in thinking the original story was shocking in itself, and thought their manner was odd. I have to be honest though, I could imagine the sudden stress of having hundreds of cameras in your face could make anyone act in a way that seems totally foreign. Just think of the poor sods who get the first answer wrong on who wants to be a millionaire, or those regularly printed in "Dumb Britain" in Private Eye".

I was reading about the book being launched,, I think it was in the Guardian. In the comments there was a suggestion to look up "The truth of the lie", I dug around, watched the video on utube, and was absolutely floored.

The thing that got me the most was the dogs, and the pathetic excuses of wearing the clothes, and having the soft toy around dead bodies. It just didn't add up. I'm not the most sartorially elegant, but there is no way that I would wear work clothes on holiday, or take my daughters favourite toy in, and rest it on an unfortunate deceased patient.

Then the dismissal of the evidence with a rather agressive "Ask the dogs" comment. I work in a jail and know how accurate the drug dogs are, and the amount of training, and testing they have. We've all seen dogs assisting in rescues in the likes of Haiti etc. Even the old thing of the St.Bernard up the mountains in the snow with the brandy round it's neck.

They routinely sniff out drugs, explosives etc, and yet they were just dismissed with a wave of the hand.

it's turned into a bit of an obsession now, constantly reading, watching videos etc, but that probably isnt unusual when people first find out about all the discrepancies, and outright contradictions.
xtrouble

Activity : 12

Back to top Go down

Post by Upsy Daisy 31.05.11 19:52

xtrouble...ditto ditto ditto.... how could Gerrrrrry just 'dis' the dogs so blatantly like he did! I mean, a parent, like it has been said so many times before, upon hearing the news that someone had died in the same apartment as their daughter was 'abducted' from would have been hysterical and frantic to find out more..but no, Gerry, the smart alec says 'Ask the Dogs Sandra'. Speaks volumes. It's when the Pro-McCann Club read this stuff they start to turn and I hope many more do. The finger of suspicion definitely points at them. How could it not [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Upsy Daisy
Upsy Daisy

Activity : 469

Back to top Go down

Post by niknaks08 31.05.11 20:20

same here xtrouble , i had my douts since day one but since the launch of book an thrusting themselfs back in the limelight i started looking more into it and since finding the GA truth of the lie book and docu and places like this where info is openenly availible , ive also become a bit obessed with this case and popping in here , i think its a good thing though as madeleine desevres justice and the more people take more of an interest/obsession in not believing the media and looking up the truth for themselfs the more likely i hope justice will finally be served.
hey LJ yes your right , best not to contact , i mean its all there for all to see on the lancet anyway lol but remember it was more of a fleck of the eye we didnt really draw attenion to this lol
also a question for the mccsamms regarding the dogs..... there were 4 doctors in the group (please correct me if im wrong) and the dogs didnt smell death on any of the other drs appartments , things , just KMs ??? how can this be ??
niknaks08
niknaks08

Activity : 58

Back to top Go down

Post by Upsy Daisy 31.05.11 20:32

excellent point Niknaks.... precisely! Why did they not get a cadaverine 'hit' on the other Docs' clothes. Surely you aren't telling me it was because Katey poo accidentally packed her 'work' clothes and cuddly toy...mmmm [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Upsy Daisy
Upsy Daisy

Activity : 469

Back to top Go down

Post by LittleMissMolly 31.05.11 22:29

lj wrote:Hi MissMolly, I had forgotten about the Bryan Adams song, didn't they have to remove that because they had conveniently forgotten they should ask permission (and pay royalties)?

Hi NikNaks, I hope your weekend was good. I would not write them. I never realized this was posted in the Lancet, and it sure is a spurious use of the magazine. If people are so blunt to do that, they will surely consider a letter about Gerry and Kate's recent medical faux pas as "hater mail". The Lancet has had enough little and big scandals to be very weary, so just let it drip drip in that they have been fooled again.

Hi lj . I thought that Bryan Adams had given permission for it to be used - and then removed that permission at about the same time the Vatican whoosh clunked all reference to the McCanns from their website.

LittleMissMolly

Activity : 152

Back to top Go down

Post by lj 01.06.11 3:47

I am not sure MissMolly, but that would be even more interesting.

lj
lj

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest001 03.06.11 3:43

I don't know about anyone else but I'm questioning the McCanns 'story' more & more each day. So often in the UK media we have witnessed the 'rhetoric' in the case of missing Madeleine McCann but the 'reality' of such crimes can be.....? Well, I will let you decide when you see the following headline from CNN.

After arrest, Casey Anthony insisted her focus is on finding Caylee

edition.cnn.com/2011/CRIME/06/02/florida.casey.anthony.trial/
Anonymous
Guest001

Back to top Go down

Post by lj 03.06.11 5:41

There are many parallels.
I would say it will be hard to beat the evilness of Casey Anthony, but sure there are parallels.

Did you read about the fake crying part?

The stupid bitch does not even have the notion when to at least to pretend to be upset. She needs her lawyers to cue her.

lj
lj

Back to top Go down

what made you - When / What made you first question this "story"? - Page 2 Empty What/when.....

Post by Mg5 11.06.11 17:53

Hi Mexx, for me it was straight from the off, when they said the children were alone in the apartment and the parents were doctors! wtf? I don't think so, made me suspicious right there and then, 4yrs on, I feel the same. The lies, the fake crying, (deserves an oscar!), these two make me so mad! It has all been smoke and mirrors-diversion and disinformation-secrets and lies, but they know that truth will out one day!

Justice for Madeleine.
Anonymous
Mg5

Back to top Go down

what made you - When / What made you first question this "story"? - Page 2 Empty Hello new members

Post by Guest 30.07.11 23:18

I wonder if any of the many new members would like to contribute to this topic as I find it very interesting to hear from other people what it was about this incredible story that first made them wonder if there was more to it than was being made generally available.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Smokeandmirrors 31.07.11 9:19

Hello, just found this site after following the case since day 1, and this is my first post.

From the moment that it was announced a small child had been taken from an apartment the old BS radar pinged into action. Firstly because such a crime whilst not impossible is so rare indeed that statistically it might as well not exsist, so one immediately has to consider the alternatives. From the outset, the statement that a child of nearly four could not possibly awaken and walk out through a door was just ludicrous and unhelpful.

In addition, when it came to light that there were a party of several doctors who had all left toddlers and babies alone night after night, it was obvious that this was an extraordinary situation. Doctors have to be trained in areas of child protection for obvious reasons, would be more aware than the average Joe about freak events that could befall a child and so on. So in thoery they should be more protective, not less, of tiny infants.

Then as every day passed, the more ludicrous the comments from the McCann party became, the hiring of lawyers, the non-looking in the real practical sense of looking, visits to the Pope and so forth....it just got more and more surreal. Mostly, it was the absolute insistance, then as now, that there was only one scenario that was to be considered and that scenario having no evidence whatsoever to support it. Of course they insist that JT saw the abductor but we can roundly discount that because her alledged account was never the same twice in the telling. RM suddenly morphed into a greasy buck-toothed loon, a bundle/blanket morphed into a child in pyjamas with a pinky aspect and on and on....

Robert Murat....hmmmm. This was something never truly resolved IMHO. Bearing an uncanny resemblance to DP, the group were desperate to stitch him up, weren't they? I wonder why. That famous incident when GMc was asked if he had previously met RM and he replied, extremely oddly, "I am not going to comment on that". If it were "NO" why not say that? It would be the natural instant reply would it not? I reckon Scotland Yard should rewind back to that comment, it was never really "scrutinised" to use Gerry's favourite word and my gut feeling is that it should be. Go right back to the Exeter connection, the vicar (forgotten his name) coming from a village in Norfolk 2 or 3 miles from where Murats ex-wife lives (if I am remembering correctly from the Mirror forum days). If anyone here was on the Mirror forum they will remember all that stuff which has since Rucked-off. Coincidences? Internet rumour and speculation? Too weird to make up...?

Rewind, I say, and examine WHY the children were left, why RM got onto the scene, why the Gaspars made the statement they did about a previous holiday (surprised the Gaspars haven't been sued), why the lawyers suppression/intimidation against any other theories is being allowed and why oh why were the whole Tapas party not thoroughly and robustly questioned and examined from the very first day.

Do I think they will ever find a body? No. Do I think Madeleine is alive? No. Is this whole case stranger than fiction? A resounding yes, we might as well be living in a parallel universe.
Smokeandmirrors
Smokeandmirrors

Activity : 2685

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 31.07.11 9:25

Hi Smokeandmirrors,

Good post,welcome to the forum

welcome2
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Smokeandmirrors 31.07.11 9:46

Thank you for the welcome Candyfloss! I look forward to ploughing through this site as much as poss. Despite the McCanns and various GMTV presenters assertion that any "dissenters" to the cause are a tiny and insane minority of lonely freaks, I happen to believe in gut feelings, independent thought and a critical analysis of anything that appears as if it is being "sold to" the masses. Tens if not hundreds of thousands of individuals know that at the very least there is more to this than is being "sold" to us. In light of the hacking scandal, it is beyond unbelievable that investigative journalists of the world have chosen to ignore the enormous number of very grave inconsistencies that the Mc's themselves have created and which are in the public domain on youtube, police files etc. Has Carter Ruck performed a mass castration of the worlds media? There is definately a blipin the Matrix...
Smokeandmirrors
Smokeandmirrors

Activity : 2685

Back to top Go down

Post by mrscee 01.08.11 9:53

Hello

This is my first post on this forum. My level of interest in this case has reached almost obsessive levels now, and I have been actively following the case for several years via mccannfiles and the joana morais blog.

The key things which raised my suspicions initially were:

- The speed with which the abduction theory was touted

-The jogging

- The body language of K&G

- Their refusal to admit they were at fault for having left Madeleine and the twins alone

-The dogs

-The fleeing from Portugal

- The blanket bias of the media coverage

To borrow one of Gerry's fave words, this has all become 'ludicrous' in recent times, with the false India sighting, the removal of of Pat Brown's book from Amazon. Even threads on blooming Mumsnet which refer to the Mccanns in a less than favourable light are removed within a nanosecond for goodness sake! This case sums up for me everything which is not right about the world- corruption, silencing of legitimate opinions, secrecy and covering up at the highest levels. All story, and no truth.

My fear is that so many high ranking people are in this right up to their necks, that even an approximation of the truth will never be uncovered. But I hope I will be proved wrong, and justice will be done for Madeleine.
mrscee

Activity : 54

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 01.08.11 10:33

Good post mrscee and [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top