The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

what made you - When / What made you first question this "story"? - Page 5 Mm11

what made you - When / What made you first question this "story"? - Page 5 Regist10
The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

what made you - When / What made you first question this "story"? - Page 5 Mm11

what made you - When / What made you first question this "story"? - Page 5 Regist10

When / What made you first question this "story"?

Page 5 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

what made you - When / What made you first question this "story"? - Page 5 Empty Re: When / What made you first question this "story"?

Post by tigger 15.09.13 5:27

guestio wrote:For me it
was a composite:

1.       When a family member, that was a
first responder to the searches, told me that the McCann didn’t want people
looking for the child under the argument that she would never leave the
apartment by herself;

1.       When in the morning, on the TV news
it was announced that the children had been left alone while the parents were
dining;

2.       When on the 5th of May,
my relative told me that while he and many hundreds were keeping on the searches,
the parent was playing tennis, going to the pool, giving news releases;

3.       When the McCann started saying that they
felt alone and that nobody was doing anything on the 5th of May.
Meanwhile there were probably thousands of persons searching the little girl,
the police had taken every possible measure and the McCann kept their ordinary
daily activities: throw the twins in creche; go out jogging, go to the pool and
tennis lessons,..

There was much more indications, but this was enough…
Point 2  was news to me and I thought I'd seen it all. This poster evidently was there at the time and involved in the search.

Playing tennis - for me that just confirms their behaviour  after the event. Their nightmare was over, they could finally get on with their lives. The whole story is back to front. Only when people don't go along with the 'official line' is there distress.

Activity : 8532

http://fytton.blogspot.nl/

Back to top Go down

what made you - When / What made you first question this "story"? - Page 5 Empty Re: When / What made you first question this "story"?

Post by Wahrheit 15.09.13 23:41

The begging bowls being laid out and collected daily - no longer commented on much - was a bit strange in the circumstances to say the least.
Wahrheit

Activity : 48

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 16.09.13 9:51

There had been a campaign to get Amazon to ban the book "The Pedophile’s Guide to Love and Pleasure" to which Amazon responded with this statement: Amazon believes it is censorship not to sell certain books simply because we or others believe their message is objectionable.  Amazon does not support or promote hatred or criminal acts, however, we do support the right of every individual to make their own purchasing decisions.

Then Pat Brown's book was removed from the Amazon website.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Jill Havern 16.09.13 10:02

Poe wrote:There had been a campaign to get Amazon to ban the book "The Pedophile’s Guide to Love and Pleasure" to which Amazon responded with this statement: Amazon believes it is censorship not to sell certain books simply because we or others believe their message is objectionable.  Amazon does not support or promote hatred or criminal acts, however, we do support the right of every individual to make their own purchasing decisions.

Amaral's French and German version of his books have also been removed from Amazon:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Jill Havern
Jill Havern
Forum Owner & Chief Faffer
Forum Owner & Chief Faffer

Activity : 41815

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 16.09.13 10:15

Get 'em Gonçalo wrote:
Poe wrote:There had been a campaign to get Amazon to ban the book "The Pedophile’s Guide to Love and Pleasure" to which Amazon responded with this statement: Amazon believes it is censorship not to sell certain books simply because we or others believe their message is objectionable.  Amazon does not support or promote hatred or criminal acts, however, we do support the right of every individual to make their own purchasing decisions.

Amaral's French and German version of his books have also been removed from Amazon:

I didn't know that. Could the withdrawal of Amaral's books might have been connected to the libel case?

Anyway, they really shot themselves in the foot with Pat Brown because she did not go quietly  no
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 17.09.13 13:37

I had doubts right from the first media release but was compounded by the fact that 'cuddle cat' had been washed.....I had lost my partner in an accident and I cried myself to sleep every night with his shirt stuffed in my face so that I could still smell him.  This stands above everything else to me, the sense of smell is overwhelming.

sorry I don't post on here but I read every day...I'm sure I'm not the only one x
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 17.09.13 13:41

chubbarie wrote:I had doubts right from the first media release but was compounded by the fact that 'cuddle cat' had been washed.....I had lost my partner in an accident and I cried myself to sleep every night with his shirt stuffed in my face so that I could still smell him.  This stands above everything else to me, the sense of smell is overwhelming.

sorry I don't post on here but I read every day...I'm sure I'm not the only one x
Hi chubbarie welcome 

I know what you mean, when my Mother-in Laws' husband died, she had his pyjama top next to her on the pillow for months and would never have dreamed of washing it.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by susible 17.09.13 14:25

I was undergoing a major stress event in the week leading up to and including "abduction" day.  My neighbour's 13 yr old daughter committed suicide on the 26th April and then my aunt, who had been perfectly healthy was admitted to hospital on the 27th April to clear up an infection and suffered a reaction to the medication and had 3 massive heart attacks and died on the 3rd May, so I was in a general daze when the news broke on the morning of the 4th May that a 3 yr old had been abducted from her bed (I remember it was on the front page of the Glasgow Herald) and I just thought "oh no, I hope they find her little body soon"

Fast forward a couple of weeks and lo and behold, still on all of the front pages, in numerous news reports, interviews etc, there are the McCanns and whilst their body language, their words etc confused me as they didn't look genuine, I also felt a sense of annoyance that there were tragedies everywhere, all the time and they didn't get this type of coverage over that length of time.  By this time I was also aware of the alleged lack of parental supervision and the justification of "dining in the back garden" and I thought FFS, I know Dr's are quite well paid, but that's one heck of a garden, complete with full size swimming pool and bar/restaurant!  Then of course all of the media fawning over the "poor parents"  And the soundbites regarding leaving the kids to go and have dinner that "we all do it"  I remember screaming at the tv at that one..."NO, We Effing Don't"

Then on the Scottish regional news one night a few weeks after the disappearance, up popped Auntie Phil, screeching at the cameras "gie her back, she disnae belong ti ye" (was astounded later when I found out she was a teacher, sounded more like a glesga fishwife) and I was quite offended, who did she think she was addressing?  The audience of that programme are all based in South West Scotland, how the heck would we be likely to have Madeleine, or for that matter know anything about it.  But Philomena's accusatory tone really got my hackles up and that's when I decided to hit the google searches for more info..

First thing I found...yup, Gerry McCann's blog...the one that talks about Kate beating her personal best to the top of the hill whilst out jogging was the first one that made my eyes pop out, then the squeezing in of haircuts for the twins and the child friendly toppings...

And that was it for me, I just knew that the McCann's version of events just did not stack up, and I've been reading and posting in various places (on and off) since June 2007.

I do truly believe though that there will be a positive outcome as far as justice for Madeleine is concerned, I don't believe there is a coverup or protection, just opportune timing and a lucky break with the media, which has helped the McCann's cover their backsides..til now, I think now that it is all beginning to unravel.
susible

Activity : 338

Back to top Go down

Post by aiyoyo 17.09.13 14:28

PeterMac wrote:For me about day 3, though it is difficult to recall. I live in southern Spain, so there was a tiny extra interest.  
When she was not found alive within 12 hours, or dead within 36 I began to read a little more.
Then I saw them on TV ! ! !

And as my old Det Insp would have said "Fetch him in,  and fetch his grandmother in".
They should have been separated then and there and interviewed very firmly by a fluent English speaker.
At length.

I haven't actually read the whole of GA's book, just dipped into it.
It doesn't seem to add much to the interim report of Tavares de Almeida.
Was it their deer in head lights, guilty written all over their face look that convinced you ?

My father used to say face tells a story.

For me, that did it. They looked scared to death rather than devastated. Not face of innocents.
aiyoyo
aiyoyo

Activity : 10084

Back to top Go down

Post by lj 17.09.13 14:40

chubbarie wrote:I had doubts right from the first media release but was compounded by the fact that 'cuddle cat' had been washed.....I had lost my partner in an accident and I cried myself to sleep every night with his shirt stuffed in my face so that I could still smell him.  This stands above everything else to me, the sense of smell is overwhelming.

Hi chubbarie, sorry to hear your lost your partner. But I agree, after my husband died his clothing stayed unwashed for the longest time. Even his rugby clothing, that did not want to get washed until the team would win, so it was very dirty. I had my suspicion from the beginning, but the cuddle cat wash did it for me. Either she was completely void of feelings or she was involved. Now I think both.

My first post on another forum on May 4th was: which idiot leaves their kids alone in a strange room, in a strange hotel (that was the info we had at that time) in a strange country? I added "I hope for my faith in humanity the parents are not involved".
We travel and move a lot, we even lived in hotels for months. Even when our children were bigger teenagers we would not go to sleep until we checked their room was double locked and (before the cellphone time) their walkie talkie was working.

I have always believed and said that, whatever happened, the parents are at the center of it. Their absolute callous remarks should have shocked the world, but I guess "patriotism" blinded a lot of the Brits and British media.

lj
lj

Activity : 3590

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 17.09.13 14:41

For me it was their Sky interview with Ian Woods, no emotion, no tissues to wipe the tears away, cause there weren't any, speaking so calmly. I do remember thinking  "you've done something to your daughter" that thought has remained with me ever since.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by nomendelta 17.09.13 14:51

I lived in Spain at the time so my exposure was pretty much whatever was on the Spanish news and the Sky News website. I didn't read much into it until the announcement of the DNA in the car and that made me look into it more.
nomendelta

Activity : 393

Back to top Go down

Post by Estelle 17.09.13 15:49

For me, when I arrived in Grenada, Spain, in early June 2007, from China (as I was travelling around the world from Australia) at the airport I noticed big posters of Maddie and felt sorry for the parents. I had never heard of this case before as I had been travelling. 

That night, I was staying at a lovely hotel opposite the Alhambra, so being alone, I decided to watch the news on the TV in my room and the McCanns were being interviewed. 

Immediately I did not believe what they were saying. I thought they were guilty. It was their body language which gave them away for me. I used to lecture in body language so could read the signals. 

When I got back to Australia, I still had this on my mind and wondered whether anyone else thought they were guilty.  I did a google search and came across the Mirror Forum and noticed others also thought they were guilty. I began posting my thoughts there too and was quite active in those days even predicting pedophilia and Government protection! Even though some of my thoughts were very controversial in those days, I have never been banned from a forum.

I still think six years on, that my initial gut feelings due to my ability to read their body language were correct.
Estelle
Estelle

Activity : 471

Back to top Go down

Post by galena 23.09.13 12:35

For a long time I thought they had just been negligent, I tried to give them the benefit of the doubt as long as possible.   What really made me suspect the worst was when they started ignoring the sightings, jetting off all over the world or one or other pretext.  That didn't seem normal behaviour for parents who were worried out of their minds about their missing child and it made me think that they didn't bother because they knew it couldn't be Madeleine and that the whole search was a way of diverting the public's attention away from themselves and on to the supposed abductor ...
galena

Activity : 291

Back to top Go down

Post by Woofer 23.09.13 13:32

I must be a highly sceptical person because this is the sound that resonated in my head after hearing one of the first news bulletins :-

Hearing the words `doctors` and `missing child` seemed incongruent to me.
Woofer
Woofer

Activity : 3508

Back to top Go down

Post by Hicks 23.09.13 15:07

I watched this thinking that something wasn't quite right....Kate is making the face of someone crying...but there are NO tears, not a moist eye anywhere.

Then when I saw the first appeal (same link) I knew definitely that something was not right, again, no tears, no sign of being overcome by emotion( despite -allegedly- being told not to show emotion) how could you not?
Kate is supposed to be appealing to the abductor to let M come home yet she rarely looks at the camera, infact, she looks everywhere else but at the camera.

Gerry is not happy when Kate says'" we would like to say a few words to the person who is with Madeleine". GM then squeezes her arm as a sign to change direction ( all that hand holding serves the same purpose ) and Kate says, " or has been with Madeleine".
Hicks
Hicks

Activity : 1005

Back to top Go down

Post by ultimaThule 23.09.13 23:43

I was disbelieving from the get-go.  A stranger jemmied open Iberian style shuttered windows of an apartment to break in and steal a child and no-one heard or saw this act, nor did the 2 toddlers the thief left behind wake up during the commission of this crime?  nah 

The absence of any contrition on the part of the parents for leaving their 3 small children alone in an unfamiliar environment while they enjoyed adult time out of sight and earshot, together with their continued justification of this indefensible act of child neglect, said far more than their weasel words and false posturings.  

Fwiw, I only recently came to realise these neglectful parents hadn't left a hall light or any form of nightlight on for their children and for some reason I find this particularly appalling.

I was similarly aghast to learn that within a very short time of the discovery of her empty bed the child's activity book, which she no doubt prized, had its cover ripped off in order that her parents and their group of fellow child neglectors could work on a 'timeline' to hand to the Portuguese police. 

To me this indicates every one who contributed to that 'timeline' knew damn well the child hadn't wandered out of the unlocked apartment under her own steam and that she wasn't coming back.  Using the child's activity book for this purpose? Couldn't they have obtained paper from Reception or the police, or used the back of a cornflakes packet?

I could write a lot more but suffice it to say that the residents of Luz became as disbelieving as I've always been of the McCanns' account(s) long before the arrival of Eddie & Keela and it was, and remains, the opinion of many that they should have been made arguidos within a week of the child's disappearance. 

IMO the McCanns have insulted the intelligence of the people of Portugal and their police force and I have no doubt that had they had been dockers instead of doctors the outcome of this case would have been markedly different.   Instead, they and their cohorts were treated with kid gloves at a time when determined questioning may have gone some way to exposing the truth behind their blatant lies.

I lay the blame for the fact that there has been no justice for Madeleine Beth McCann firmly and squarely at the door of the British government at that time and at the portals of the British mainstream media.
ultimaThule
ultimaThule

Activity : 3376

Back to top Go down

Post by lj 24.09.13 1:35

I was disbelieving from the get-go. A stranger jemmied open Iberian style shuttered windows of an apartment to break in and steal a child and no-one heard or saw this act, nor did the 2 toddlers the thief left behind wake up during the commission of this crime? nah

The absence of any contrition on the part of the parents for leaving their 3 small children alone in an unfamiliar environment while they enjoyed adult time out of sight and earshot, together with their continued justification of this indefensible act of child neglect, said far more than their weasel words and false posturings.

Fwiw, I only recently came to realise these neglectful parents hadn't left a hall light or any form of nightlight on for their children and for some reason I find this particularly appalling.
Don't forget that one of the other "mothers" from a sick child did not want to do the checks because she found the dark "too scary". Appalling is a too friendly word imo.

lj
lj

Activity : 3590

Back to top Go down

Post by ultimaThule 24.09.13 4:48

lj wrote:

I was disbelieving from the get-go.  A stranger jemmied open Iberian style shuttered windows of an apartment to break in and steal a child and no-one heard or saw this act, nor did the 2 toddlers the thief left behind wake up during the commission of this crime?  nah

Don't forget that one of the other "mothers" from a sick child did not want to do the checks because she found the dark "too scary". Appalling is a too friendly word imo.

You have every right to take issue with my choice of words, lj, and I thank you for providing another piece of information which I wasn't aware of.  

On reflection, 'appalling' is far too polite and inadequate a word to describe the lack of care and concern the McCanns, and their equally despicable partners in crime, evinced for the welfare and wellbeing of their very young children and it's an outrageous affront to all rightminded and responsible parents and carers that, to date, none of them have been brought to book on criminal charges of neglect and cruelty to those children on multiple occasions.
ultimaThule
ultimaThule

Activity : 3376

Back to top Go down

Post by Seek truth 24.09.13 6:34

JANE TANNER!!! How she never told them, let's go search that way!

But then ignored the whole thing, it was after the sniffer dogs and reading KATES BOOK that I believed they were badly guilty. Because I didn't believe, I then searched online and found his book etc, but it didn't convince me.

I only read Amarals book a long time after but ignored it , as I thought the conclusion was just an opinion.

Although from the start I saw them behaving strangely on tv, but I still helped search for Madeleine. I stopped searching for madeleine and searched for answers online because of Jane Tanner and the police and papers saying things differently.
Seek truth

Activity : 449

Back to top Go down

Post by PeterMac 24.09.13 8:12

Interestingly GA and his team were having serious doubts even as the first three statements were being taken, on the morning of 4th.
They could already see that there were gaping holes in the story.
And the reason he recorded it as a possible abduction was that this allowed him more investigative powers, more leeway and resources.

Perhaps if he had refused to and had recorded it as something else, we would not now be here !
PeterMac
PeterMac
Investigator

Activity : 16590

http://whatreallyhappenedtomadeleinemccann.blogspot.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post by plebgate 24.09.13 8:27

lj wrote:

I was disbelieving from the get-go.  A stranger jemmied open Iberian style shuttered windows of an apartment to break in and steal a child and no-one heard or saw this act, nor did the 2 toddlers the thief left behind wake up during the commission of this crime?  nah

Yes and the parents of the child also went out to dinner leaving the baby in a diarrhoea filled nappy. Well that's how the story goes.
plebgate

Activity : 8938

Back to top Go down

Post by russiandoll 24.09.13 8:27

The time the first McCann was told about the Tanner sighting.
 The time the search began.
 The direction the search took.

The great enemy of the truth is very often not the lie — deliberate,
contrived and dishonest — but the myth — persistent, persuasive and
unrealistic.
~John F. Kennedy

russiandoll
russiandoll

Activity : 4058

Back to top Go down

Post by galena 24.09.13 10:36

Seek truth wrote:JANE TANNER!!! How she never told them, let's go search that way!

But then ignored the whole thing, it was after the sniffer dogs and reading KATES BOOK that I believed they were badly guilty. Because I didn't believe, I then searched online and found his book etc, but it didn't convince me.

I only read Amarals book a long time after but ignored it , as I thought the conclusion was just an opinion.

Although from the start I saw them behaving strangely on tv, but I still helped search for Madeleine. I stopped searching for madeleine and searched for answers online because of Jane Tanner and the police and papers saying things differently.
My mum was - and is - a staunch believer in the McCanns but even she was puzzled by the Jane Tanner evidence once she saw it on Crimewatch - I think she believed it would be definitive proof of the abduction but after all the fuss it didn't really amount to anything at all ...
galena

Activity : 291

Back to top Go down

Post by Truthandjustice 24.09.13 19:17

Yep cuddle cat wash did it for me too.  I would never wash my child's comfort toy if she had gone.
Truthandjustice

Activity : 240

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top