The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

Former Detective Inspector Dave Edgar says the motive for taking Madeleine was sexual and insists her parents had nothing to do with her disappearance - Page 4 Mm11

Former Detective Inspector Dave Edgar says the motive for taking Madeleine was sexual and insists her parents had nothing to do with her disappearance - Page 4 Regist10
The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

Former Detective Inspector Dave Edgar says the motive for taking Madeleine was sexual and insists her parents had nothing to do with her disappearance - Page 4 Mm11

Former Detective Inspector Dave Edgar says the motive for taking Madeleine was sexual and insists her parents had nothing to do with her disappearance - Page 4 Regist10

Former Detective Inspector Dave Edgar says the motive for taking Madeleine was sexual and insists her parents had nothing to do with her disappearance

Page 4 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Former Detective Inspector Dave Edgar says the motive for taking Madeleine was sexual and insists her parents had nothing to do with her disappearance - Page 4 Empty Re: Former Detective Inspector Dave Edgar says the motive for taking Madeleine was sexual and insists her parents had nothing to do with her disappearance

Post by suzyjohnson 28.03.17 8:12

I don't think a priest would necessarily tell anyone what they had been told in confidence. But I doubt they would continue to go along with telling a lie themselves, I don't think they would actively encourage people to donate or search  for example, if they knew for certain that a child was not missing.

suzyjohnson

Activity : 1542

Back to top Go down

Former Detective Inspector Dave Edgar says the motive for taking Madeleine was sexual and insists her parents had nothing to do with her disappearance - Page 4 Empty Re: Former Detective Inspector Dave Edgar says the motive for taking Madeleine was sexual and insists her parents had nothing to do with her disappearance

Post by Brightonboy 28.03.17 9:29

I can agree with that Suzy, I still have a hunch he knows more than he is letting on
Brightonboy

Activity : 9

Back to top Go down

Post by Mirage 28.03.17 9:54

Old DE wouldn't know due diligence if it jumped up and smacked him in the face. Towit that ridiculous reconstruction he got up, missing most of the relevant players, and with stage direction by Gerry McCann of all people!

Edgar was on hand to pour oil on troubled waters  with Jane Tanner in tears  and Gerry in a snit over who saw who, who was where. Gerry insists he was studying a  towering white wall while chatting to Jez. Jane lights some unexpected fuse by mentioning Kate had been wondering where Gerry was as he'd been so long, and was maybe watching the footie. CUT! Cue Gerry bolting forward and barging across the road to demonstrate his wall staring habit.

You couldn't make it up. Oh wait....

There'll be another crud story along shortly. Even the Telegraph have fallen victim to flaky news.
Mirage

Activity : 2711

Back to top Go down

Post by MTSTAR 28.03.17 10:25

Verdi wrote:
MTSTAR wrote:I think you're spot on about the Priests.  I think one in particular knows quite a lot.
Yeh - and the very reverend name is Father Haynes Hubbard

That was another video I hadn't seen until yesterday. What an idiot! 
In my post,  I was thinking more about the Priest in PDL.  Didn't Kate ask for a Priest in the early days? I seem to recollect this Priest saying he had been deceived or something to that effect.  He could know quite a bit.
MTSTAR
MTSTAR

Activity : 101

Back to top Go down

Post by sar 28.03.17 11:20

Brightonboy wrote:I guess you've got to ask yourself what the priest has been told that still allows him to forgive the mccanns enough to befriend them? Theories.... something along the lines of madeleine died while playing with one of our doctor friends, he was throwing her in the air and catching her and he dropped her and she accidentally died, we covered it up because he would've been struck off as there was evidence we were illegally sedating the kids at night? Would a scenario like that be enough for the priest to forgive and keep quiet while still remaining friendly? It's gotta be an accidental death story it's just what have they told him as a reason it had to be covered up? Obviously speculating

....maybe an over zealous "twizzling session"????  Just a possible opinion.
sar

Activity : 1680

Back to top Go down

Post by sar 28.03.17 11:29

..nb unless I'm mistaken it's only been the redtops / scum etc that have been having anything to do with this story for ages???  they are desperate for sales, The bbc & terrestrial telly have, baring a few bits and pieces have been keeping schtum??  The empty vessel makes the most noise but it is the full vessel you should be worried about being nicked / falling over blah blah...
sar

Activity : 1680

Back to top Go down

Post by Liz Eagles 28.03.17 11:53

Here is the very slick Father Haynes Hubbard after only one year of Madeleine's disappearance who admits he also has had his fifteen two minutes of fame whilst being interviewed by Esther Addley from the Guardian which headlines the story as 
The tour guides are listing the house as a tourist attraction'.

https://www.theguardian.com/uk/audio/2008/apr/18/adddley.mccann

Peter Hyatt would have a field day analysing this nonsense.

ETA: Father Haynes Hubbard sure has all the answers. IIRC it was reported that his house was broken into and his laptop was nicked.
Liz Eagles
Liz Eagles

Activity : 13361

Back to top Go down

Post by Liz Eagles 28.03.17 12:59

If you look at the case of April Jones and look at the vicar in Machynlleth who conducted herself with such dignity and care for everyone in the parish - I'm sure she didn't do that without the assistance of her 'firm'. She did a good job and probably feared speaking to the media. Maybe that's because she was sincere and honest and dealing with a crisis and trying to take care mentally, spiritually, emotionally and practically for everyone who had turned up to search and offer their humanitarian services. Despite massive media presence she spoke to the media. Not in the way that Haynes Hubbard did but in an honest and open way, no doubt backed by her 'employers' who helped her.

Father Haynes Hubbard makes my teeth itch. The Anglican/Catholic explanation irks me. This is PR and it's sick.

Kate McCann was carefully photographed holding rosary beads leaving a Portuguese church after a service conducted by an Anglican priest (I still struggle to understand that concept and I lived in Greece where American priest was only give two minutes to speak to the English speaking flock) and he takes on a media role, the likes of which I've never seen before or since.
Liz Eagles
Liz Eagles

Back to top Go down

Post by Verdi 28.03.17 13:26

Brightonboy wrote:I guess you've got to ask yourself what the priest has been told that still allows him to forgive the mccanns enough to befriend them? Theories.... something along the lines of madeleine died while playing with one of our doctor friends, he was throwing her in the air and catching her and he dropped her and she accidentally died, we covered it up because he would've been struck off as there was evidence we were illegally sedating the kids at night? Would a scenario like that be enough for the priest to forgive and keep quiet while still remaining friendly? It's gotta be an accidental death story it's just what have they told him as a reason it had to be covered up? Obviously speculating
A priest is God's messenger, it's God through the medium of the religious institution that forgives the sinner, not the individual preacher.

With respect, the remainder of your post goes way beyond speculation into the realms of pure invention.  Sorry but there is not a shred of evidence or intelligence to support your theory.  Whilst I quite understand the temptation to create theories to suit the imagination, it's preferable if the forum can at least try to adhere to available evidence.

Here you will find detail of the many representatives of the cloth that have in some way been connected to the case, a starting point if this is your particular area of interest - otherwise you can simply ignore it..

http://www.gerrymccannsblogs.co.uk/PRIESTS.htm

ex forum manager
ex forum manager

Activity : 41936

Back to top Go down

Former Detective Inspector Dave Edgar says the motive for taking Madeleine was sexual and insists her parents had nothing to do with her disappearance - Page 4 Empty Former Detective Dave Edgar

Post by willowthewisp 28.03.17 13:58

Hi Verdi,that is some line up of Ministers isn't it and what do they know,that they are not telling us?
willowthewisp
willowthewisp

Activity : 4912

Back to top Go down

Post by Cmaryholmes 28.03.17 14:13

MTSTAR wrote:
Verdi wrote:
MTSTAR wrote:I think you're spot on about the Priests.  I think one in particular knows quite a lot.
Yeh - and the very reverend name is Father Haynes Hubbard

That was another video I hadn't seen until yesterday. What an idiot! 
In my post,  I was thinking more about the Priest in PDL.  Didn't Kate ask for a Priest in the early days? I seem to recollect this Priest saying he had been deceived or something to that effect.  He could know quite a bit.
'We are in this with them' ........hmmmmmm
Cmaryholmes

Activity : 915

Back to top Go down

Post by Carrry On Doctor 28.03.17 14:21

@MTSTAR, I think the priest you have in mind is Father Jose Pacheco. He is said to be a 'shell' of the man he once was.
Carrry On Doctor
Carrry On Doctor

Activity : 586

Back to top Go down

Post by Liz Eagles 28.03.17 14:37

I lived in Greece (Crete) that had a fairly substantial intake of positive economic migrants. I didn't once meet with a single Anglican religious ceremony that catered for English speakers.

Sir Winston Churchill: “Diplomacy is the art of telling people to go to hell in such a way that they ask for directions.”
Liz Eagles
Liz Eagles

Back to top Go down

Post by suzyjohnson 28.03.17 14:56

Verdi wrote:
A priest is God's messenger, it's God through the medium of the religious institution that forgives the sinner, not the individual preacher.

With respect, the remainder of your post goes way beyond speculation into the realms of pure invention.  Sorry but there is not a shred of evidence or intelligence to support your theory.  Whilst I quite understand the temptation to create theories to suit the imagination, it's preferable if the forum can at least try to adhere to available evidence.

Here you will find detail of the many representatives of the cloth that have in some way been connected to the case, a starting point if this is your particular area of interest - otherwise you can simply ignore it..

http://www.gerrymccannsblogs.co.uk/PRIESTS.htm
Verdi, that's not Brightonboy's theory, he's just wondering what kind of explanation might mean that a priest would sympathise with the McCanns.

suzyjohnson

Back to top Go down

Post by Jill Havern 28.03.17 15:02

willowthewisp wrote:Hi Verdi,that is some line up of Ministers isn't it and what do they know,that they are not telling us?
Good Lord (no pun intended) I hadn't seen that page before.

Surely they're not all connected to this case?

It makes you wonder if the Pope himself wasn't in Praia da Luz on that holiday - maybe Richard D. Hall will enlighten us in his NEW film 'Why The Cover Up?' which is DUE OUT ANY DAY NOW!

Jill Havern
Jill Havern
Forum Owner & Chief Faffer
Forum Owner & Chief Faffer

Activity : 41608

Back to top Go down

Post by Verdi 28.03.17 15:11

suzyjohnson wrote:
Verdi, that's not Brightonboy's theory, he's just wondering what kind of explanation might mean that a priest would sympathise with the McCanns.
Same meat different gravy.

ex forum manager
ex forum manager

Back to top Go down

Post by Verdi 28.03.17 15:15

3- Processo Vol XIII 3924 to 3926
13_VOLUME_XIIIa_Page_3924
Former Detective Inspector Dave Edgar says the motive for taking Madeleine was sexual and insists her parents had nothing to do with her disappearance - Page 4 13_VOLUME_XIIIa_Page_3924_small
13_VOLUME_XIIIa_Page_3925
Former Detective Inspector Dave Edgar says the motive for taking Madeleine was sexual and insists her parents had nothing to do with her disappearance - Page 4 13_VOLUME_XIIIa_Page_3925_small
13_VOLUME_XIIIa_Page_3926
Former Detective Inspector Dave Edgar says the motive for taking Madeleine was sexual and insists her parents had nothing to do with her disappearance - Page 4 13_VOLUME_XIIIa_Page_3926_small
Translation of Father Pachecos Statement to the PJ 30th October 2007

Jose Manuel Conceicao Pacheco

The first time he had contact with the McCann's was on 5th May at about 19.00. This was a personal contact with them in the Ocean Club at their apartment, but not the apartment Madeleine disappeared from. They were accompanied by members of the holiday group.

This was an important meeting for the McCann's and which had not been possible to the fact that they were busy. He knows that on the fateful night the McCann's requested the presence of a priest, but he was only informed the following morning.

On the 5th, the theme they talked about was the disappearance and he gave all possible spiritual comfort and they prayed together. They also agreed that the couple would go to the church the following day to attend a mass.

He also prayed with the McCann's on the 6th and 8th May in their apartment.

He gave them the key to the church on the 7th or 8th May upon the suggestion of John Geraghty, a resident of the parish, so that they could calmly go to the church without any media pressure. Someone from the church gave the key to John Geraghty, who then passed it on to the McCann's, with Father Pacheco's permission.

He does not remember the date upon which the key was returned.

Other contact with the McCann's took place at the end of mass when he would comfort them.

He would also meet with the McCann's after they returned from their trips and remembered they were animated when they returned from Morocco as they thought they would Madeleine there. He also comforted Kate when the news of a child buried in Arau broke, as she revealed great nervousness and anxiety, thinking that the child had died.

When questioned, he said he never heard their confessions, perhaps because they only spoke English.

He never talked to them alone.

He states that they showed great suffering to the loss of their daughter.

He adds that a parish bulletin was published giving spiritual, moral and human support to the couple and to other missing children.

ex forum manager
ex forum manager

Back to top Go down

Post by MTSTAR 28.03.17 15:21

Carrry On Doctor wrote:@MTSTAR, I think the priest you have in mind is Father Jose Pacheco. He is said to be a 'shell' of the man he once was.

Really? Makes you wonder what he knows. Is he not allowed to unburden himself?
MTSTAR
MTSTAR

Activity : 101

Back to top Go down

Post by Verdi 28.03.17 15:36

Carrry On Doctor wrote:@MTSTAR, I think the priest you have in mind is Father Jose Pacheco. He is said to be a 'shell' of the man he once was.
Following the McCanns arguido interviews in September 2007, after they fled Portugal, there was a blitz of reportage in the UK press (around the 17/19th September) - this included claims about Father Jose Pacheco, all emanating from 'a source' close to His Reverence.

If the UK press reports concerning Dr Goncalo Amaral are anything to go by, I think anything connected to the Madeleine McCann case reported in the UK, should be viewed with considerable scepticism.  Remember the more recent reports about Dr Amaral featured in the press a short while ago?  I haven't got a link to hand but it was clear to me at the time, that UK tabloids were snooping around looking for something juicy to report back to Blighty.

The UK press are ruthless - they've got no scruples.  They care not who they ruin for the sake of a story.

ex forum manager
ex forum manager

Back to top Go down

Post by Cmaryholmes 28.03.17 15:40

MTSTAR wrote:

Really? Makes you wonder what he knows. Is he not allowed to unburden himself?
If he is 'a shell of the man he once was' , why doesn't he grow a backbone and just tell the truth ?
Cmaryholmes

Activity : 915

Back to top Go down

Post by Liz Eagles 28.03.17 15:42

Verdi wrote:
suzyjohnson wrote:
Gravy? Gravy? Dahling it's called jus nowadays, that watered down stuff concentrated into bottles squirted  'artistically' onto your plate in a dribble that's flourished with the back of a spoon to make you gasp in awe at the presentation of a chef that's given you a plate of meat or fish and it that makes you wonder why you went to a Michelin starred restaraunt to be served something really awful and pay your bill with joy!
Liz Eagles
Liz Eagles

Back to top Go down

Post by Verdi 28.03.17 15:54

aquila wrote:
Verdi wrote:
suzyjohnson wrote:
Gravy? Gravy? Dahling it's called jus nowadays, that watered down stuff that makes you wonder why you went to a Michelin starred restaraunt to be served something really awful and pay your bill with joy!
And how that does annoy me!  The word 'jus' is pinched from French and it means juice - not gravy nor even sauce, as I repeatedly shout at the television, "IT'S NOT JUS IT'S BLEEEEPING GRAVY"!.

I once saw one of those celebrity chefs being interviewed, he revealed some of the tricks of the trade which equated a Michelin star serving to that of the local greasy spoon - only considerably more expensive to the 'client'.

All to give food the status of 'sexy' - what a con!

ex forum manager
ex forum manager

Back to top Go down

Post by Liz Eagles 28.03.17 16:06

Verdi wrote:
aquila wrote:
Verdi wrote:
suzyjohnson wrote:
Gravy? Gravy? Dahling it's called jus nowadays, that watered down stuff that makes you wonder why you went to a Michelin starred restaraunt to be served something really awful and pay your bill with joy!
And how that does annoy me!  The word 'jus' is pinched from French and it means juice - not gravy nor even sauce, as I repeatedly shout at the television, "IT'S NOT JUS IT'S BLEEEEPING GRAVY"!.

I once saw one of those celebrity chefs being interviewed, he revealed some of the tricks of the trade which equated a Michelin star serving to that of the local greasy spoon - only considerably more expensive to the 'client'.

All to give food the status of 'sexy' - what a con!
I think we're off topic here.

I agree with everything you think and feel about food. Let's take it to the members' lounge because I'd like to discuss the travesty of food.
Liz Eagles
Liz Eagles

Back to top Go down

Post by suzyjohnson 28.03.17 20:46

Verdi wrote:
suzyjohnson wrote:

No, completely different Verdi.

He isn't telling us his theory.

He is asking whether the McCanns could have said something to the priest to gain his sympathy. 

No theory of what happened involved, (excepting the theory that the priest may know more than he has said)

suzyjohnson

Back to top Go down

Post by suzyjohnson 28.03.17 20:50

' ....... When questioned, he said he never heard their confessions, perhaps because they only spoke English ........'

So, in other words Fr Pachecos had no idea what they were actually talking about? He didn't even speak the same language?

suzyjohnson

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top