The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

Helium Overdose? - Page 3 Mm11

Helium Overdose? - Page 3 Regist10
The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

Helium Overdose? - Page 3 Mm11

Helium Overdose? - Page 3 Regist10

Helium Overdose?

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Helium Overdose? - Page 3 Empty Another hoax?

Post by Tony Bennett 01.03.15 20:58

There appears to be a growing acceptance in the internet community that the purported article in the Daily Star is a cunning, cruel, highly unsavoury and indeed very sick hoax.

Looking again at the OP, there are some visible signs that this may NOT be simply a genuine photograph of a portion of the newspaper.

If it does turn out to be a hoax, it will have been done by a very clever but exceedingly twisted mind - the write-up looks very believable; but I find it hard to believe that ANY sub-editor, even on the Daily Star, would stoop to using 'KO' in the title.

If it is a hoax, I don't know if the perpetrator has committed a crime - but IMO such a person SHOULD be doorstepped and exposed in the manner Brenda Leyland was

Dr Martin Roberts: "The evidence is that these are the pjyamas Madeleine wore on holiday in Praia da Luz. They were photographed and the photo handed to a press agency, who released it on 8 May, as the search for Madeleine continued. The McCanns held up these same pyjamas at two press conferences on 5 & 7June 2007. How could Madeleine have been abducted?"

Amelie McCann (aged 2): "Maddie's jammies!".  

Tony Bennett
Tony Bennett
Researcher

Activity : 24767

Back to top Go down

Helium Overdose? - Page 3 Empty Re: Helium Overdose?

Post by whatsupdoc 02.03.15 8:36

Doing a search on the Daily Star came up with  

http://www.dailystar.co.uk/search/Brenda+Leyland/?s=Brenda%2BLeyland

... so it does indicate that the helium story was an evil hoax which is in a similar vein to the nasty attack on Brenda by Sky News.

Saying about Brenda's 1000s of abusive tweets is not correct.  There were not that many and were not grounds to hound her to her death.
whatsupdoc
whatsupdoc

Activity : 953

Back to top Go down

Post by LG 02.03.15 8:49

Helium Overdose? - Page 3 <a href=Helium Overdose? - Page 3 Dstar_13" />
LG

Activity : 63

Back to top Go down

Post by whatsupdoc 02.03.15 8:59

Any details LG such as date etc?

Did you take that picture yourself?

I remember over 10 years ago we had some software for making newspaper headlines and had a few laughs between forum members.

A search didn't show the article.
whatsupdoc
whatsupdoc

Back to top Go down

Post by Tony Bennett 02.03.15 9:16

LG wrote:Helium Overdose? - Page 3 <a href=Helium Overdose? - Page 3 Dstar_13" />

On the face of it, this new photo now seems as clear proof as you coud get that this story with that terrible 'KO' headline is correct

Dr Martin Roberts: "The evidence is that these are the pjyamas Madeleine wore on holiday in Praia da Luz. They were photographed and the photo handed to a press agency, who released it on 8 May, as the search for Madeleine continued. The McCanns held up these same pyjamas at two press conferences on 5 & 7June 2007. How could Madeleine have been abducted?"

Tony Bennett
Tony Bennett
Researcher

Back to top Go down

Post by whatsupdoc 02.03.15 9:28

I know the pic above looks convincing but I would like someone who has got a copy of the paper to tell us when it was printed and show more details such as full pages and the front page.

I have done photo manipulation for many years and could make up an article like this , curve it, photograph it and drop it in matching the white of the newspaper.

ETA  I've just checked Reuters and Thomson and no mention so I think Lawton may not have got the Wires story correct.

http://uk.reuters.com/search?blob=Brenda+Leyland

http://thomsonreuters.com/en/search-results.html?q=Brenda+Leyland&sp_cs=UTF-8&sp_k=English-All
whatsupdoc
whatsupdoc

Back to top Go down

Post by Tony Bennett 02.03.15 9:52

whatsupdoc wrote:I know the pic above looks convincing but I would like someone who has got a copy of the paper to tell us when it was printed and show more details such as full pages and the front page.

So would I

I have done photo manipulation for many years and could make up an article like this, curve it, photograph it and drop it in matching the white of the newspaper.

Yes, and when I looked at the OP, there was a vertical line on the right-hand-side of the article which separated two slightly different shades of white, and that made me wonder if the photo had been photoshopped or otherwise created in some way.

Having said that, the content of the article looks wholly genuine and, if a hoax, it was a very clever one

ETA  I've just checked Reuters and Thomson and no mention so I think Lawton may not have got the wires story correct.

http://uk.reuters.com/search?blob=Brenda+Leyland

http://thomsonreuters.com/en/search-results.html?q=Brenda+Leyland&sp_cs=UTF-8&sp_k=English-All

I wonder what he meant by 'the wires'? Could he have simply been referring to an e-mail that he saw? 

Tony Bennett
Tony Bennett
Researcher

Back to top Go down

Post by LG 02.03.15 10:03

I don't buy newspapers but this was from a friend who had a copy of the newspaper
Helium Overdose? - Page 3 <a href=Helium Overdose? - Page 3 Dstar_14" />
LG

Back to top Go down

Post by whatsupdoc 02.03.15 10:16

Thanks for that LG.
whatsupdoc
whatsupdoc

Back to top Go down

Post by Joss 02.03.15 11:18

Wow, Poor Brenda, she certainly has had her name raked through the muck of certain people's vitriol. Do some of these asshats have no conscience that she has died because of the ones just like themselves. Can't they leave her alone even in death, and have some consideration for her family & friends. They are just nasty to their very core, and need to just go away once and for all IMO, and be held to account all of them for their despicable actions. No one is interested in their crap.
Joss
Joss

Activity : 2154

Back to top Go down

Post by RogerRabbit 02.03.15 11:23

Tony Bennett wrote:
LG wrote:Helium Overdose? - Page 3 <a href=Helium Overdose? - Page 3 Dstar_13" />

On the face of it, this new photo now seems as clear proof as you coud get that this story with that terrible 'KO' headline is correct

In the light of the image being presented again and appearing to be credible, I've removed my 'first glance' critique in which I concluded there were reasons to believe that the article could be a forgery. As I stated in my comment, that was based on a fifteen second assessment of a low resolution image, and a gut instinct based on 18 years of working experience in design, print, layout and digital imagery.

As always, my reaction simply proves that experience and gut instinct alone are not sufficient to draw conclusions, and that thorough examination and source verification are extremely valuable in avoiding putting foot firmly in mouth.
RogerRabbit

Activity : 42

Back to top Go down

Post by whatsupdoc 02.03.15 12:01

Helium overdose is not public knowledge...see Coroner' Court general info...

http://coroners.leicester.gov.uk/current-inquests/

http://coroners.leicester.gov.uk/current-inquests/?entryid78=582748&char=L

So the helium story is either leaked inside info or false.
whatsupdoc
whatsupdoc

Back to top Go down

Helium Overdose? - Page 3 Empty Not a Hoax

Post by LG 02.03.15 12:36

Earlier I spoke to the Daily Star news desk - the article was a "copy and past, of sorts" from "Raymonds News Agency".  My request for a copy to be emailed to me was declined.

http://news-agency.b99.co.uk/derby/raymonds-news-agency/

I received no answer to my calls to the above.

I therefore telephoned LCC.  I have emailed them a copy of the article together with some of the vile comments made towards BL.  These I have been assured will be put in front of Mrs Mason.
LG

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 02.03.15 12:49

Nice touch that, LG!
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by plebgate 02.03.15 12:53

LG wrote:Earlier I spoke to the Daily Star news desk - the article was a "copy and past, of sorts" from "Raymonds News Agency".  My request for a copy to be emailed to me was declined.

I therefore telephoned LCC.  I have emailed them a copy of the article together with some of the vile comments made towards BL.  These I have been assured will be put in front of Mrs Mason.
Well done LG.  Well done.
plebgate

Activity : 8938

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 02.03.15 13:02

LG wrote:Earlier I spoke to the Daily Star news desk - the article was a "copy and past, of sorts" from "Raymonds News Agency".  My request for a copy to be emailed to me was declined.

bravo
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by whatsupdoc 02.03.15 13:30

Been on twitter and came up with this ...

http://jonslattery.blogspot.co.uk/2010/10/raymonds-news-agency-goes-into.html
whatsupdoc
whatsupdoc

Back to top Go down

Post by LG 02.03.15 13:46

I have done my best, all's we can hope for is that Mrs Mason demands that the Daily Star declare their source.
LG

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 02.03.15 14:01

Whatsupdoc

Well spotted

So there is no Raymonds News Agency, since 2010

Begging two questions 

A. where did the DS really get their info;
B. why did they point the finger at Raymonds?
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by LG 02.03.15 17:03

It would appear that there is a company with a similar name  Raymond Press Agency

http://www.endole.co.uk/company/08237306/raymonds-press-agency-limited

Companies House tells us that there are two incarnations of Raymonds Press Agency Limited (perhaps they were News in a previous incarnation(?) )

For some reason I can't host/post my picture sad 

I have sent another email to LCC as per Portia's post.
LG

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 02.03.15 17:56

friends

How very very astute of you

(Im not quite aware of the exact meaning of the word astute, but it suddenly hit me, and it sounds good)
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by whatsupdoc 02.03.15 19:34

Raymonds News Agency was at 56A Babington Lane, Derby
Postcode: DE1 1SX

and Raymonds Press Agency is at

Abotts Hill Chambers Gower Street, Derby,  DE1 1SD

which is just round the corner.

http://www.ibegin.com/directory/uk/derbyshire/derby/raymonds-press-agency-ltd/

just so we get a slightly fuller picture of the tangled web.

Either way, my take is that how Brenda died was not to be released to the press, media or public till at least the day of the hearing on20/3/15 when we may get to hear the truth.
whatsupdoc
whatsupdoc

Back to top Go down

Post by aiyoyo 02.03.15 23:13

That raises so many questions.

Assuming Raymonds News Agency is regional newsagency, since it is based in Derby it is not considered Leicestershire region (Mccanns home region) I'd suppose since there's a 25 miles distance between those the two regions.

Why would Daily Star, a national MSM newspaper, copy and paste an article from RNA, local/regional news agency, so recklessly without regards for the veracity of the contents in the article when there is an open inquest into Brenda Leyland's death.  Can't imagine why RNA would print a hoax like that ?  If it is leaked inside info it is still rather reckless of RNA to have printed it without sensitivity consideration for BL's family when nothing has been announced by the Inquest.

Wait and see...not long before the end of inquest.
aiyoyo
aiyoyo

Activity : 10084

Back to top Go down

Post by mad world 03.03.15 1:09

Its the daily star..even if it was genuine you'd have to read the beano to see if it was true ffs.
mad world

Activity : 71

Back to top Go down

Post by Lance De Boils 11.03.15 17:46

Curiouser and curiouser. i don\'t know
Lance De Boils
Lance De Boils

Activity : 1053

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top