The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

Becky Watts: Another girl gone missing - Page 9 Mm11

Becky Watts: Another girl gone missing - Page 9 Regist10
The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

Becky Watts: Another girl gone missing - Page 9 Mm11

Becky Watts: Another girl gone missing - Page 9 Regist10

Becky Watts: Another girl gone missing

Page 9 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Becky Watts: Another girl gone missing - Page 9 Empty Re: Becky Watts: Another girl gone missing

Post by ultimaThule 05.03.15 1:39

jeanmonroe wrote:Becky Watts: Another girl gone missing - Page 9 Beckyf10

What did 'stepmum' 'know'?

If anything?

Ime when it comes to knowing what their children have been up to, nothing much gets past a mum.

For the police to have wrapped this case up so quickly someone has been singing like a canary and no doubt there'll be further revelations over the course of the next few days.
ultimaThule
ultimaThule

Activity : 3376

Back to top Go down

Becky Watts: Another girl gone missing - Page 9 Empty Re: Becky Watts: Another girl gone missing

Post by columbostogeys 05.03.15 6:44

Benion wrote:I do not think we should begrudge the family a few thousand for a decent send off in such horrible circumstances.
I think its almost indecent that people are....who cares I dont. Do people think they are cashing in on the death of their daughter for godsake?

They certainly wouldnt have enough money to give her a beautiful funeral that's for sure, even if they got 1,500 off government eventually it hardly pays for the flowers now. I hope she has a wonderful send off, the poor thing, to die is hard enough, but to be disrespected and cut up in bits to be thrown away in the garbage is beyond belief.

Perhaps if they collect more then they need, they could set up a fund for the 2 year old who has lost both her parents to be kept for her when she goes to college. That poor child little does she know that she was born into a murdering family.....I cant forgive the mother, i think she is as bad as her partner to even help him...i would have gone screaming to the police. I cant get it around my head......

Anyway i wish people would stop moaning about 2 funds who cares....

columbostogeys

Activity : 177

Back to top Go down

Becky Watts: Another girl gone missing - Page 9 Empty Update from the BBC

Post by uppatoffee 05.03.15 11:45

Nathan Matthews, stepbrother of Bristol teenager Becky Watts, has appeared in court charged with her murder.
The 28-year-old, of Warmley, Bristol, was arrested by police at the weekend following the discovery of body parts in a Barton Hill house.
He was remanded by Bristol Magistrates' Court to appear before the crown court on Friday.
His girlfriend Shauna Hoare, 21, also appeared charged with intending to pervert the course of justice.
She will appear before the crown court for a preliminary hearing on 2 April. There was no application for bail.
Becky Watts: Another girl gone missing - Page 9 _81396388_matthews_and_phillipsNathan Matthews and Shauna Hoare were arrested at the weekend
Four other men and a woman, all in their 20s, are still being questioned on suspicion of assisting an offender.
On Wednesday morning, magistrates granted police a further 24 hours to question two men aged 29, two aged 23 and a woman aged 23, who had been arrested earlier in the week.
Becky, 16, was last seen on 19 February and was reported missing the following day.
Floral tributes have been left near that property and outside Becky's home in the St George area of the city.
uppatoffee
uppatoffee

Activity : 645

Back to top Go down

Post by ultimaThule 05.03.15 11:58

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/becky-watts-live-updates-stepbrother-5277238

Becky's stepbrother, Nathan Matthews, has been charged with her murder and has been remanded in custody until tomorrow when he will appear at Bristol Crown Court via a video link.

His girlfriend, Shauna Hoare, has been charged with perverting the course of justice and has been remanded in custody until April 2nd.
ultimaThule
ultimaThule

Activity : 3376

Back to top Go down

Post by comperedna 05.03.15 16:19

Legal eagles please chip in on this. As we are discussing the Becky Watts case on a public forum, should we shop now the pair have been charged and have appeared in court? We don't want them saying 'we couldn't get a fair trial because of what was published on the Net?  Jurors could have been influenced by it.' What does admin advise?
comperedna

Activity : 781

Back to top Go down

Post by Benion 05.03.15 17:08

yes perhaps the thread should be pulled down

I really want justice for becky and do not want anything prejudicing it
Benion

Activity : 94

Back to top Go down

Post by TMH 05.03.15 17:33

columbostogeys wrote:
Benion wrote:I do not think we should begrudge the family a few thousand for a decent send off in such horrible circumstances.
I think its almost indecent that people are....who cares I dont. Do people think they are cashing in on the death of their daughter for godsake?

They certainly wouldnt have enough money to give her a beautiful funeral that's for sure, even if they got 1,500 off government eventually it hardly pays for the flowers now. I hope she has a wonderful send off, the poor thing, to die is hard enough, but to be disrespected and cut up in bits to be thrown away in the garbage is beyond belief.

Perhaps if they collect more then they need, they could set up a fund for the 2 year old who has lost both her parents to be kept for her when she goes to college. That poor child little does she know that she was born into a murdering family.....I cant forgive the mother, i think she is as bad as her partner to even help him...i would have gone screaming to the police. I cant get it around my head......

Anyway i wish people would stop moaning about 2 funds who cares....
NO! I don't think they are cashing in on their dead daughter!! She deserves the best send off she can get. It isn't even the direct family members who started the main fund, it's a friend as far as I can see - and that is why people are asking if the funds are legit as it's unusual to have 2.

I haven't seen anyone moaning about the funds, just questioning why 2 have been started that's all. Sheesh! Some people need to take a chill pill
TMH
TMH

Activity : 243

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 05.03.15 18:05

Benion wrote:yes perhaps the thread should be pulled down

I really want justice for becky and do not want anything prejudicing it

Don't worry... the papers will be much worse.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by comperedna 05.03.15 18:16

I always click on 'posts since you last logged on' rather than Portal, so I never note what is 'members' lounge' and what is public... I think you are right about the newspapers.
comperedna

Back to top Go down

Post by comperedna 05.03.15 18:23

For many families, particularly those who have little money, a big 'send off' for someone who has died in tragic circumstances... glass hearses, horses and all, and very large floral tributes with what others feel are OTT, is part of the culture and the grieving process. They would feel bad if they didn't do it... disrepectful, so to speak. Just saying...
comperedna

Back to top Go down

Post by plebgate 06.03.15 10:06

comperedna wrote:For many families, particularly those who have little money, a big 'send off' for someone who has died in tragic circumstances... glass hearses, horses and all, and very large floral tributes with what others feel are OTT, is part of the culture and the grieving process. They would feel bad if they didn't do it... disrepectful, so to speak. Just saying...
Yes, thinking about it comperedna you are right- it does seem to be that way.
plebgate

Activity : 8938

Back to top Go down

Post by Tony Bennett 06.03.15 15:30

Another FOUR charged - with 'Assisting an Offender':

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-31765767

Here are three of them:

Becky Watts: Another girl gone missing - Page 9 Zwatts10

Becky Watts: Another girl gone missing - Page 9 Zwatts11

Becky Watts: Another girl gone missing - Page 9 Zwatts12

Dr Martin Roberts: "The evidence is that these are the pjyamas Madeleine wore on holiday in Praia da Luz. They were photographed and the photo handed to a press agency, who released it on 8 May, as the search for Madeleine continued. The McCanns held up these same pyjamas at two press conferences on 5 & 7June 2007. How could Madeleine have been abducted?"

Amelie McCann (aged 2): "Maddie's jammies!".  

Tony Bennett
Tony Bennett
Researcher

Activity : 24770

Back to top Go down

Post by columbostogeys 07.03.15 6:22

Tony Bennett wrote:Another FOUR charged - with 'Assisting an Offender':

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-31765767

Here are three of them:

Becky Watts: Another girl gone missing - Page 9 Zwatts10

Becky Watts: Another girl gone missing - Page 9 Zwatts11

Becky Watts: Another girl gone missing - Page 9 Zwatts12
It beggars belief anyone could KNOWINGLY help someone move a body that had been dismembered, in my mind they are as guilty as the person who killed her in the first place, they should have reported it to the police. They have now ruined their own lives, daughters and parents......what hold has this Nathan got on them, that they would do something like this, makes me wonder if there wasnt some sort of gang involved, drugs or something....it makes no sense to me, why anyone would help. That poor girl, thrown away like the garbage, I hope they all rot in hell.

columbostogeys

Activity : 177

Back to top Go down

Post by lj 07.03.15 7:26

I suspect in this case alcohol and drugs play a major role. Both cloud your judgement. They will have quite something to mull about when the hangover slowly subsides.

BTW I have always been convinced that at least alcohol played a major role in the McCann case. Many questions like "how could they" become clear when you consider that each and everyone of them was well over the legal limit.

http://pjga.blogspot.co.uk/?m=0

http://whatreallyhappenedtomadeleinemccann.blogspot.co.uk/
lj
lj

Activity : 3590

Back to top Go down

Post by ChippyM 08.03.15 12:31

lj wrote:I suspect in this case alcohol and drugs play a major role. Both cloud your judgement. They will have quite something to mull about when the hangover slowly subsides.

BTW I have always been convinced that at least alcohol played a major role in the McCann case. Many questions like "how could they" become clear when you consider that each and everyone of them was well over the legal limit.

I agree. It's a great British pastime these days to get absolutely hammered on drugs and booze at the weekend and there are all kinds of nasty legal highs with mind warping effects to choose from too. Most normal people in a normal state would be absolutely repulsed at the thought of covering up things in the way they did.

In the McCann case too I suspect alcohol and possibly drugs. Doctors have good access to drugs and possibly a false sense of security, believing their intellect and training means they can control all the outcomes.
ChippyM

Activity : 1817

Back to top Go down

Post by aiyoyo 09.03.15 12:13

6 people charged in total, quite a large group cover up, not unlike the other case - a pact to remain silent.

I might have missed it, but I have not read the motive stated in the papers.  

Often times Police and Prosecutor have to work out the "motive" to support circumstantial evidence especially if forensic evidence is in short supply.  
But in said case where the body if discovered and recovered, and assuming forensic evidence is in abundance, I wonder if Prosecutor needs to include "motive" in their case argument?
aiyoyo
aiyoyo

Activity : 10084

Back to top Go down

Post by Constablekid 10.03.15 15:55

Laptop and phone recovered...

http://news.sky.com/story/1442178/becky-watts-phone-and-computers-recovered
Constablekid

Activity : 122

Back to top Go down

Post by Tony Bennett 10.03.15 15:59

Constablekid wrote:Laptop and phone recovered...

http://news.sky.com/story/1442178/becky-watts-phone-and-computers-recovered
Today's story - and yesterday's.

++++++++++++++++++ 

Becky Watts' grandmother: 'I was convinced she had run away and was waiting for her call'
by The Bristol Post | Posted: March 09, 2015

Becky Watts: Another girl gone missing - Page 9 Zzzzzz14

The grandmother of Becky Watts has thanked the people of Bristol for their compassion during her family's ordeal. The 16-year-old's body was discovered in Barton Hill following a massive police operation to find the schoolgirl, who had been missing for 11 days.

Her gran, Pat Watts, made an emotion plea when Becky first disappeared and believed the teenager had just run away.

But the 67-year-old from Henbury, along with Becky's mum Tanya and her brother Daniel, 20, were left heartbroken when parts of her body were found last week.

Speaking to the Bristol Post, Pat said: "I would like to thank all the people of Bristol and the country for the compassion they have shown us throughout this ordeal.

"I like everyone was convinced she had just run away and was just waiting for her call.

"The last week has been terrible for us, but we have been shown great support.

"People have done so much and I want to thank them."

"For the first time yesterday I had a wonderful sense of peace. I am a spiritual person and I feel Becky is around," she added.

Pat in particular thanked her neighbours and Viking Vets in Henbury who had helped care for the family's pets, made meals and provided other practical support.

She said police had also been a great help to the family in such a difficult time.

Becky Watts: Police confirm all her missing belongings have been found

Posted: March 10, 2015

Police have confirmed they have found all the missing belongings of Becky Watts.

The 16-year-old was last seen at her Crown Hill home in St George on Thursday, February 19 and 11 days later her body parts were discovered at an address in Barton Hill.

During the extensive police search for Becky, officers were keen to trace her laptop, phone and a computer tablet, which were reported as missing at the same time as her.

A spokesman for Avon and Somerset police confirmed all her property has now been recovered

Read more: http://www.bristolpost.co.uk/Becky-Watts-Police-confirm-missing-belongings/story-26146685-detail/story.html#ixzz3TzjNObbI

Dr Martin Roberts: "The evidence is that these are the pjyamas Madeleine wore on holiday in Praia da Luz. They were photographed and the photo handed to a press agency, who released it on 8 May, as the search for Madeleine continued. The McCanns held up these same pyjamas at two press conferences on 5 & 7June 2007. How could Madeleine have been abducted?"

Amelie McCann (aged 2): "Maddie's jammies!".  

Tony Bennett
Tony Bennett
Researcher

Activity : 24770

Back to top Go down

Post by aiyoyo 10.03.15 23:33

No mention was made where her belongings were recovered from.  PC and phone usually yield up plenty of clues.

We have yet to hear of the motive.  I'm curious to know the motive.
aiyoyo
aiyoyo

Back to top Go down

Post by Liz Eagles 10.03.15 23:42

aiyoyo wrote:No mention was made where her belongings were recovered from.  PC and phone usually yield up plenty of clues.

Aiyoyo, all will be made clear when the case is brought before the Court and a jury.

Until a verdict is reached it's sub judice.

I have faith in this prosecution.
Liz Eagles
Liz Eagles

Activity : 13369

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 10.03.15 23:43

aiyoyo wrote:No mention was made where her belongings were recovered from.  PC and phone usually yield up plenty of clues.

We have to be patient and wait for the court case.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by jozi 11.03.15 9:56

Ladyinred wrote:

Yes we do and they are also not saying where they found her things or what is on the phone or computers either which is good, IMO.

Very sad case though, the people who should love and protect her turns out to be her killer, it also reminds me of Tia Sharp and her dysfunctional family.
jozi
jozi

Activity : 733

Back to top Go down

Post by aiyoyo 11.03.15 10:52

jozi wrote:
Ladyinred wrote:

Yes we do and they are also not saying where they found her things or what is on the phone or computers either which is good, IMO.

Very sad case though, the people who should love and protect her turns out to be her killer, it also reminds me of Tia Sharp and her dysfunctional family.

She least expected to be in danger with family members.  Always the case of an innocent girl too trusting because very ignorant of the evils in people.

Wonder how he lures her there, was his fiance and friends gathered there as well?  Did she go believing she was socially with her stepbro his g/friend and people her age?
Was it a squabble gone wrong, and was she sexually assaulted?
What blows my mind is why a group of friends including his fiance helped him cover up the crime and hoped to get away with it. Unless they were complicit in it in more than as accessories to the crime, as they were participants as accomplices in perpetrating the crime against her. 

The details of his fiance and friends complicity in it have yet to be revealed.

Did they find themselves at the scene by accident, as in a case of found themselves in the wrong place at the wrong time, or did they show up later to help the murderder dispose of the body or were they told about it but decided to remain silent, not to give him in?

The Police in this case are handling it very well and giving very little away.
aiyoyo
aiyoyo

Back to top Go down

Post by Constablekid 25.03.15 1:43

I think the next hearing is scheduled for this Thursday?
Constablekid

Activity : 122

Back to top Go down

Post by jozi 25.03.15 10:04

Constablekid wrote:I think the next hearing is scheduled for this Thursday?
Good. perhaps we will know more then......What hearing is this for, does anybody know ? I thought everyone had been charged and it all was waiting for a date for the trial !!!

Or am I wrong !!!
jozi
jozi

Activity : 733

Back to top Go down

Page 9 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top