The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

Becky Watts: Another girl gone missing - Page 8 Mm11

Becky Watts: Another girl gone missing - Page 8 Regist10
The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

Becky Watts: Another girl gone missing - Page 8 Mm11

Becky Watts: Another girl gone missing - Page 8 Regist10

Becky Watts: Another girl gone missing

Page 8 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Becky Watts: Another girl gone missing - Page 8 Empty Re: Becky Watts: Another girl gone missing

Post by comperedna 04.03.15 18:01

The pair have a little girl aged two.  Maybe she slashed her wrists because she realized she was shacked up with a psychopath...  nightmares over the fate of Becky Watts. Did Becky threaten to whistleblow over something? Drug dealing, for instance?  'Fruitless speculation', as my other half would say. Guess the Bristol police want to get it right this time... Remembering the Joanna Yeates case.
comperedna

Activity : 781

Back to top Go down

Becky Watts: Another girl gone missing - Page 8 Empty Re: Becky Watts: Another girl gone missing

Post by ChippyM 04.03.15 18:11

Julchen wrote:
noddy100 wrote:The young guy is her biological brother

Thanks!
When watching, I thought that he behaved the way I would have expected Mr Galsworthy's wife to, i.e. comfort the obviously distraught father. Well, well, the story seems to go on, anyway.

It was ITV who have the video of the appeal that says Joe Galsworthy who was comforting Darren Galsworthy and spoke in the video is an uncle of Rebecca Watts. They could be wrong of course but that would be pretty sloppy.

We need to find her now. We need to get her in. She's got so many friends and family who love her. She needs to come home. She needs to come back to where she belongs.

– JOE GALSWORTHY, UNCLE

http://www.itv.com/news/west/update/2015-02-24/distraught-father-makes-desperate-appeal/
ChippyM

Activity : 1817

Back to top Go down

Post by plebgate 04.03.15 18:47

PeterMac wrote:Why cannot a funeral be quiet, discrete, dignified, and private.
I fear we are in for a horse drawn glass hearse and all the rest.
I hope not, but two funds on the go certainly doesn't sound right.
plebgate

Activity : 8938

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 04.03.15 19:46

aquila wrote:Police, forensics, dogs and other agencies all doing their jobs.

People arrested on suspicion of murder.

District Judge grants extra hours to interview suspects.

Police interface with Press.

Press showing a fair amount of restraint (at the moment).

Churches offering a place to those in the community who are affected by the events/were involved in the search/wish to pray/wish to gather to actually speak without taking to social media.

Social media/forums

Speculation
Gossip
Accusations
Poring over who's who in the family

Remember Mikaeel Kular. The police got it right as I believe they have in the case of Rebecca Watts.

To dismember a body is beyond heinous. I don't know how any parent or anyone who loved Rebecca can come to terms with that. If it were my child I'd be heavily sedated to get the image out of my head.
In addition to the devastation of losing a child in such a brutal way, one parent is married to the mother of the person charged with Rebecca's murder.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by TMH 04.03.15 19:50

I may be wrong but I thought that the funerals of people killed got paid for by the Government/Criminal Injuries Compensation Scheme? So not sure why these funds have been started up?
TMH
TMH

Activity : 243

Back to top Go down

Post by Tony Bennett 04.03.15 20:25

TMH wrote:I may be wrong but I thought that the funerals of people killed got paid for by the Government/Criminal Injuries Compensation [CICA] Scheme? So not sure why these funds have been started up?
YES. The person who arranges a funeral for someone killed as the result of a crime of violence qualifies for a funeral payment from the CICA - which was fixed at £1,300 (may be higher now), and can be more than that in certain circumstances. It usually takes a while to claim it, though.

In addition, both the mother and father of Rebecca Watts will separately be entitled to a set payment of £5,500 each because their daughter died as the result of a crime of violence.

Dr Martin Roberts: "The evidence is that these are the pjyamas Madeleine wore on holiday in Praia da Luz. They were photographed and the photo handed to a press agency, who released it on 8 May, as the search for Madeleine continued. The McCanns held up these same pyjamas at two press conferences on 5 & 7June 2007. How could Madeleine have been abducted?"

Amelie McCann (aged 2): "Maddie's jammies!".  

Tony Bennett
Tony Bennett
Researcher

Activity : 24770

Back to top Go down

Post by uppatoffee 04.03.15 20:37

It's quite common for people to raise some money for families when a loved one dies. I don't think there is anything particularly odd in that. Perhaps there are two as different friends set them up at the same time not realising that someone else was doing it. It's certainly plausible that given the seemingly fractured family structure that one may have been a Watts friend and one a Galsworthy friend. I don't imagine there is much communication going on between them atm. JMO though.
uppatoffee
uppatoffee

Activity : 645

Back to top Go down

Post by Benion 04.03.15 20:53

I do not think we should begrudge the family a few thousand for a decent send off in such horrible circumstances.
Benion

Activity : 94

Back to top Go down

Post by ultimaThule 04.03.15 20:54

PeterMac wrote:Why cannot a funeral be quiet, discrete, dignified, and private.
I fear we are in for a horse drawn glass hearse and all the rest.

While a funeral can be exactly how the departed wants it be, in the absence of specific directions for the disposal of the remains it will be up to the bereaved to make whatever arrangements they consider fitting.    

A friend's teenage daughter's bier was fit for the bride her parents would never see her become; many of their hopes and dreams died with her and I would never presume to judge how others bid farewell to their loved ones.

I'm torn between a Viking send off and a New Orleans jazz funeral.   If a flaming boat proves problematical, I'll settle for interment above ground Mediterranean style as I'm not overly fond of worms.
ultimaThule
ultimaThule

Activity : 3376

Back to top Go down

Post by TMH 04.03.15 21:01

uppatoffee wrote:It's quite common for people to raise some money for families when a loved one dies. I don't think there is anything particularly odd in that. Perhaps there are two as different friends set them up at the same time not realising that someone else was doing it. It's certainly plausible that given the seemingly fractured family structure that one may have been a Watts friend and one a Galsworthy friend. I don't imagine there is much communication going on between them atm. JMO though.

No there isn't anything odd in it, people want to help and the way they feel they can help is to donate money. But as I said, the family will get help towards the cost of the funeral (the fundraisers may not know this though) so the fund could probably go on something else like a memorial or something like that.

And you're right re the 2 funds. Each one has been set up by different sides and I think someone suggested combining the two as people are questioning which one is the official one.
TMH
TMH

Back to top Go down

Post by TMH 04.03.15 21:04

Tony Bennett wrote:
TMH wrote:I may be wrong but I thought that the funerals of people killed got paid for by the Government/Criminal Injuries Compensation [CICA] Scheme? So not sure why these funds have been started up?
YES. The person who arranges a funeral for someone killed as the result of a crime of violence qualifies for a funeral payment from the CICA - which was fixed at £1,300 (may be higher now), and can be more than that in certain circumstances. It usually takes a while to claim it, though.

In addition, both the mother and father of Rebecca Watts will separately be entitled to a set payment of £5,500 each because their daughter died as the result of a crime of violence.
Thanks Tony. I think the fixed payment is now £2,500 but can go up to £5000 if the initial payment isn't enough to cover the costs.
TMH
TMH

Back to top Go down

Post by uppatoffee 04.03.15 21:09

TMH wrote:
uppatoffee wrote:It's quite common for people to raise some money for families when a loved one dies. I don't think there is anything particularly odd in that. Perhaps there are two as different friends set them up at the same time not realising that someone else was doing it. It's certainly plausible that given the seemingly fractured family structure that one may have been a Watts friend and one a Galsworthy friend. I don't imagine there is much communication going on between them atm. JMO though.

No there isn't anything odd in it, people want to help and the way they feel they can help is to donate money. But as I said, the family will get help towards the cost of the funeral (the fundraisers may not know this though) so the fund could probably go on something else like a memorial or something like that.

And you're right re the 2 funds. Each one has been set up by different sides and I think someone suggested combining the two as people are questioning which one is the official one.

I don't think £1,300 or however much it is will go very far towards the cost of a funeral these days.
uppatoffee
uppatoffee

Back to top Go down

Post by PeterMac 04.03.15 21:35

Watts
Matthews
Galsworthy
Broom
another Galsworthy
Anjie ? ?
Tania ? ?

Her father's name is said to be Galsworthy. Why is this not her name ? Or it that terribly old fashioned.
PeterMac
PeterMac
Investigator

Activity : 16587

http://whatreallyhappenedtomadeleinemccann.blogspot.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 04.03.15 21:52

PeterMac wrote:
Watts
Matthews
Galsworthy
Broom
another Galsworthy
Anjie  ? ?
Tania ? ?

Her father's name is said to be Galsworthy.  Why is this not her name ? Or it that terribly old fashioned.
Terribly old-fashioned O:-) 

I read the other day that Rebecca's brother was called Daniel Watts.  Today I read Galsworthy.  So perhaps they have different mothers.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by sallypelt 04.03.15 21:59

Ladyinred wrote:
PeterMac wrote:
Watts
Matthews
Galsworthy
Broom
another Galsworthy
Anjie  ? ?
Tania ? ?

Her father's name is said to be Galsworthy.  Why is this not her name ? Or it that terribly old fashioned.
Terribly old-fashioned O:-) 

I read the other day that Rebecca's brother was called Daniel Watts.  Today I read Galsworthy.  So perhaps they have different mothers.

They have the same mother. Daniel was born not long after his parents got married. Rebecca (Becky) Marie Watts, was born 4 years later, but was registered with her mother's name.
sallypelt

Activity : 5319

Back to top Go down

Post by sallypelt 04.03.15 22:00

Lots of new information in this article:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2979263/First-picture-couple-held-Becky-s-murder-Teenager-s-stepbrother-girlfriend-seven-arrested-police-discover-body-parts-rundown-house.html
sallypelt

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 04.03.15 22:24

The three brothers and a girlfriend are possibly those being interviewed by police.  Expensive looking car.  All IMO.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by rustyjames 04.03.15 22:37

Ladyinred wrote:The three brothers and a girlfriend are possibly those being interviewed by police.  Expensive looking car.  All IMO.

And it would appear another young child caught up in it all - gets sadder with every twist.
rustyjames

Activity : 314

Back to top Go down

Post by uppatoffee 04.03.15 22:46

Ladyinred wrote:The three brothers and a girlfriend are possibly those being interviewed by police.  Expensive looking car.  All IMO.
They were all named and photos of them appeared in the Daily Mail and The Sun today. The only one who wasn't was the other 23 year old. Although he has been named on social media.
uppatoffee
uppatoffee

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 04.03.15 22:54

uppatoffee wrote:
They were all named and photos of them appeared in the Daily Mail and The Sun today. The only one who wasn't was the other 23 year old. Although he has been named on social media.
Yes, I was referring to the Mail article posted by sallypelt above.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by rustyjames 04.03.15 22:58

Ladyinred wrote:Expensive looking car.  All IMO.

Do you mean the blue Vauxhall convertible?  It's an '02' plate so not expensive.
rustyjames

Activity : 314

Back to top Go down

Post by uppatoffee 04.03.15 23:08

Ladyinred wrote:
uppatoffee wrote:
Yes, I was referring to the Mail article posted by sallypelt above.
According to reports on social media, Jaydene apparently found remains in their shed and called the police. The police will obviously be questioning her/them to see if they knew how they got there, but if it is true then I imagine that she may be released with out charge.
uppatoffee
uppatoffee

Back to top Go down

Post by MRNOODLES 04.03.15 23:10

You still get a feeling there will be another twist or two in this nightmare.
MRNOODLES
MRNOODLES

Activity : 1059

Back to top Go down

Post by sallypelt 04.03.15 23:15

MRNOODLES wrote:You still get a feeling there will be another twist or two in this nightmare.
It's said that Becky's remains were found at Barton Hill. A bit of a coincidence that Barton Hill is mentioned in this article, too?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2851680/13-Somali-men-convicted-running-inner-city-prostitution-ring-British-teenagers-abused-raped.html#ixzz3TSVHyfc7
sallypelt

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanmonroe 05.03.15 0:09

Becky Watts: Another girl gone missing - Page 8 Beckyf10

What did 'stepmum' 'know'?

If anything?
jeanmonroe

Activity : 7756

Back to top Go down

Page 8 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top