The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

Breaking News on Sky News - SY back in PDL suspects to be interviewed - Page 24 Mm11

Breaking News on Sky News - SY back in PDL suspects to be interviewed - Page 24 Regist10
The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

Breaking News on Sky News - SY back in PDL suspects to be interviewed - Page 24 Mm11

Breaking News on Sky News - SY back in PDL suspects to be interviewed - Page 24 Regist10

Breaking News on Sky News - SY back in PDL suspects to be interviewed

Page 24 of 40 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 23, 24, 25 ... 32 ... 40  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Breaking News on Sky News - SY back in PDL suspects to be interviewed - Page 24 Empty Re: Breaking News on Sky News - SY back in PDL suspects to be interviewed

Post by Cristobell 02.07.14 18:01

When the McCanns requested a Review, back in November 2010, they put forward a report by Jim Gamble and CEOP.  Jim Gamble's report would have contained recommendations, and guidelines as to how the Review should go forward.  I think we can safely say that Jim Gamble's recommendations weren't followed.  They weren't picked up by the incumbent Labour government, and they were ignored by Theresa May - Remember Kate's complaint that she would only give them 'fluffy words'. 

I don't know who drew up the new guidelines for the Review, they were never given credit, but I am 100% certain that this Review is not the one the McCanns wanted.

In November 2010, the McCanns were almost broke.  They went on a big fundraising campaign, appearing on every programme that would have them to tell us the good deeds they would do if we donated more money to them.  However, every campaign must have a 'cause', something to aim for.  On that occasion, the McCanns were asking for a Review.  They felt safe in requesting this, because any review would have been based on the report prepared by Jim Gamble and CEOP and it would all be done and dusted before the General Election.  However, they did not foresee a change in government or Jim Gamble's resignation from CEOP.
Cristobell

Activity : 2552

Back to top Go down

Breaking News on Sky News - SY back in PDL suspects to be interviewed - Page 24 Empty Re: Breaking News on Sky News - SY back in PDL suspects to be interviewed

Post by Cristobell 02.07.14 18:04

riskybuisness wrote:If  this was to be a white wash then I don't think that the SY would want to pull in anyone for questioning that may say something that could give the PJ more info to help them with their investigation.  What if during the questioning of any of the suspects/witnesses end up saying something that incriminates any to the tapas group - the PJ would also then have that info.  If this really was a cover up to protect someone - it would be have been buried by now (and the maccans too probably)
Very Good Point!   smilie
Cristobell

Back to top Go down

Post by ShuBob 02.07.14 18:05

Cristobell wrote:When the McCanns requested a Review, back in November 2009, they put forward a report by Jim Gamble and CEOP.  Jim Gamble's report would have contained recommendations, and guidelines as to how the Review should go forward.  I think we can safely say that Jim Gamble's recommendations weren't followed.  They weren't picked up by the incumbent Labour government, and they were ignored by Theresa May - Remember Kate's complaint that she would only give them 'fluffy words'. 

I don't know who drew up the new guidelines for the Review, they were never given credit, but I am 100% certain that this Review is not the one the McCanns wanted.

Of that I am certain.

I seem to recall that even after the review was agreed, the couple didn't take down their "petition" calling for a review which I thought was most odd.
ShuBob

Activity : 1983

Back to top Go down

Post by Woofer 02.07.14 18:10

joel27 wrote:
SixMillionQuid wrote:Hairs found on the couch of Sergey Malinka had DNA very similar with Madeleine McCann’s

And yet hair samples found in 2007 were inconclusive. Come to think of it when was Malinka's couch searched?
I am struggling to keep up but DNA similar keeps bugging me, if they found hair that was a match then surely they would be far more questions to answer, so what does similar mean. The one question that I dont expect the answer to,  is it similar to the DNA found in the back of the hire car that the MCanns had. Of course the other question the original DNA sample are there not isuues that this could be flawed trouble in finding DNA samples in the apartment. Similar could it be a relative ,sibling, parent......   Any other similar samples.

Wasn`t the hire car DNA 15/19 markers to MBMs which wasn`t enough under Portuguese Law to convict.  But if GA is right and the PJ do still have a hair from MBM`s head (without a root) maybe now that DNA can be detected from an unrooted hair, they have compared it to a hair found at SM`s house and found there are a high percentage of markers.
Woofer
Woofer

Activity : 3508

Back to top Go down

Post by Newintown 02.07.14 18:14

Cristobell wrote:When the McCanns requested a Review, back in November 2009, they put forward a report by Jim Gamble and CEOP.  Jim Gamble's report would have contained recommendations, and guidelines as to how the Review should go forward.  I think we can safely say that Jim Gamble's recommendations weren't followed.  They weren't picked up by the incumbent Labour government, and they were ignored by Theresa May - Remember Kate's complaint that she would only give them 'fluffy words'. 

I wasn't aware of that, or may have forgotten about it over the years.  Do you have any more information, it would be interesting to read.

"Never trust an eyewitness whose memory gets better over time"

Newintown
Newintown

Activity : 1622

Back to top Go down

Post by Cristobell 02.07.14 18:26

Newintown wrote:

I wasn't aware of that, or may have forgotten about it over the years.  Do you have any more information, it would be interesting to read.
I have just gone back and edited Newinton.  I should have said November 2010.  I don't know exactly when JG prepared his report, but it was 'sat on' by Labour and then Tory, until the drama with Rebekah Brooks and the Sun's demand for a Review. 

There is an interview with the McCanns when they were doing their 'begging rounds' in November 2010, where they refer to CEOP's report.  At the time, I remember thinking they can't possibly know what Jim Gamble recommended, and how risky it was of them to start a Petition for a Review. How young and naïve I was back then  nah It would be interesting to know when the report was actually prepared, the McCann were referring to politicians 'sitting on it' for quite some time. I'll see if I can find the interviews.

In case we are going off topic, my point really was 'no cover up'
Cristobell

Back to top Go down

Post by Tony Bennett 02.07.14 18:27

NickE wrote:
Woofer wrote:From a 2011 thread by TB -  `Analysis - why did RM have encrypted material on his computer` :-

"The da Silvas

In view of the importance of the da Silva family in the various rounds of meetings Robert Murat had between Tuesday 1 May and Thursday 3 May, there has been interest in Murat’s connections with that family. Several other individuals with the surname ‘da Silva’ were contacted by the Portuguese Police in their enquiries.

Marina Castela (see above) gave a detailed witness statement in which she explained that the person responsible for cleaning Apartment 5A was an employee called Maria Julia Serafim da Silva. There has been speculation that she might be related to the da Silva father and sons whom Murat was so anxious to meet (as we have seen above) as soon as he returned to Praia da Luz in the early hours of Tuesday 1 May.

Another witness with the surname da Silva - Maria Manuela Martins da Silva - said was visiting the sister of her boyfriend in another Ocean Club apartment (Block 6, Apartment 5) during the afternoon and evening of 3 May. From the ground floor kitchen window of that apartment, there was a direct view across to the back windows of the apartment occupied by Madeleine McCann [Source: Police Files 02 - Processos Volume II, Pages 469 to 470a].

Unusually, some five days later, Maria was able to recall the exact time she left that apartment - 9.58pm. She says she remembers the exact time because she asked her friend the time, and she responded after checking this on the telephone in the lounge. Maria da Silva left with her boyfriend in a green Opel Frontera, parked in the private parking area of Block 6. As they drove away, she recalled seeing a small car, perhaps grey in colour, parked close to the window of the McCann apartment. By coincidence the route taken by GNR officer, Pedro Miguel Esteves Fernandes and the Search & Rescue dogs in the early hours of 4 May, lost track of Madeleine's scent in the private parking area of Block 6.

The following da Silvas are noted in the Portuguese Police files:

· Maria Julia Serafim da Silva - responsible for cleaning Apartment 5A - and supervised by Marina Castela

· Jorge Manuel da Silva - Businessman and shop owner that Murat and Walczuk meet with at golf club for several hours on the afternoon of May 3rd and elsewhere at other times

· Maria Manuela Martins da Silva - staying with the sister of boyfriend in Apartment Block 6 of the Ocean Club

· Celeste Da Conceicao Antao da Silva - A cleaner at the Ocean Club, Celeste is the first to report that there had been a spate of burglaries in the resort

· Joquim Silva - A member of the 100-strong Jehovah's Witness congregation, who did not confirm Michaela Walczuk's claim of aAttendance a JW meeting on the night of 3 May. He is featured in a report by the Evening Standard.

TB didn`t include the latest Arguido Jose Carlos Fernandes da Silva who was a driver at the OC.

Just noticed when I was trying to find out what was found on RM`s computer.

Golf club, afternoon May 3rd?

The false last Photo placed Gerry by the pool at time, but where was he?

Back in 2010, when I complied the long article about Robert Murat, for some reason it seems I did miss out any reference to Jose Carlos Fernandes da Silva. His statement is below, for reference, if anyone is really interested. 

I tried to find all the witness statements from anyone named 'da Silva' or 'Silva' but it seems I missed that one. 

But the one I was really interested in was Jorge Manuel da Silva, because he was at the Palmeras Golf Club on the afternoon of Thursday 3 May.

HERE ARE SOME FACTS THAT APPEAR TO BE RELEVANT TO THE MEETING AT PALMERAS GOLF CLUB ON THE AFTERNOON OF 3 MAY 2007 

1. Jorge Manuel da Silva, a local businessman, was there

2. The Palmeras Golf Club is about 15-20 miles east of Praia da Luz - half-an-hour's drive away 

3. Michaela Walczuk, wife of Antonio Luis, and girlfriend of Robert Murat, was also there

4. So was Robert Murat

5. These three people had other meetings during the period 1 to 3 May

6. They all claimed IIRC that these meetings were about Robert Murat's proposed website for his new property company, Romigen [OPINION: That reason was unconvincing]

7. When Murat was first questioned on 15 May 2007 about where he was on the afternoon of 3 May, he lied, and said he was somewhere else

8. He only told the truth when re-interviewed by the PJ on 10 & 11 July, after the PJ had traced his mobile 'phone pings to local mobile 'phone masts

9. It was around 3pm on the afternoon of 3 May that the 'phone records suggest that both Robert Murat and Gerry McCann switched off their 'phones at about the same time for the next 32 hours

10. When asked by a TV interviewer if he knew already knew Robert Murat, Gerry McCann snapped: 'I am not going to comment on that', at the same time turning his face away from the interviewer [OPINION: This may suggest that the two men already knew each other].

ADDITIONAL OPINION: It is far from clear what Gerry McCann's movements were on the afternoon of 3 May:

A POSSIBLE SCENARIO: Gerry McCann was also at this meeting at the Palmeras Golf Club on 3 may 2007 with Murat, Michalea Walczuk and Jorge Manual da Silva.         

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Witness Statement: Ocean Club driver

Jose Carlos Fernandes da Silva  [NOT businessman Jorge Manuel da Silva]

Date: 2007-05-08

Place of Work: OC

Comes to the process as a witness.

He has worked as a driver at the OC since the 26th March of this year. His functions consist of driving the tourists from the reception to the apartments where they are staying. His working hours are from 11.00 to 16.00, except for Thursdays and Saturdays which are the days guests arrive and leave and when he starts and finishes work much earlier and later. He knows the resort well as he circulates throughout the whole resort.

When asked whether he knows about the disappearance he says that he heard about it on the day of the disappearance at about 23.00 because he was on his balcony and two men passed by and asked him whether he had seen a small girl who had gone missing from a restaurant. On the following day when he arrived at work he was told all the details. When asked, he replies that he does not think he saw or spoke to the girl or her family before the disappearance. He only knew who they were from the news.

Nobody made any comments to him about the guests or about children in the preceding days.

He did not see anyone suspicious or any unusual vehicles.

No more is said.

Reads, ratifies, signs.

Dr Martin Roberts: "The evidence is that these are the pjyamas Madeleine wore on holiday in Praia da Luz. They were photographed and the photo handed to a press agency, who released it on 8 May, as the search for Madeleine continued. The McCanns held up these same pyjamas at two press conferences on 5 & 7June 2007. How could Madeleine have been abducted?"

Amelie McCann (aged 2): "Maddie's jammies!".  

Tony Bennett
Tony Bennett
Researcher

Activity : 24770

Back to top Go down

Post by Bishop Brennan 02.07.14 18:33

This lifted from Martin Brunt's twitter feed:

#Madeleine Suspect and witness interviews almost done, quicker than thought. Some Scot Yard cops already on way home.
Bishop Brennan
Bishop Brennan

Activity : 920

Back to top Go down

Post by Newintown 02.07.14 18:35

Cristobell wrote:
Newintown wrote:

I have just gone back and edited Newinton.  I should have said November 2010.  I don't know exactly when JG prepared his report, but it was 'sat on' by Labour and then Tory, until the drama with Rebekah Brooks and the Sun's demand for a Review. 

There is an interview with the McCanns when they were doing their 'begging rounds' in November 2010, where they refer to CEOP's report.  At the time, I remember thinking they can't possibly know what Jim Gamble recommended, and how risky it was of them to start a Petition for a Review. How young and naïve I was back then  nah It would be interesting to know when the report was actually prepared, the McCann were referring to politicians 'sitting on it' for quite some time. I'll see if I can find the interviews.

In case we are going off topic, my point really was 'no cover up'

No problem, I just thought it would be interesting to read what JG had to say.

I may search for it myself later, if I can be bothered.   smilie

"Never trust an eyewitness whose memory gets better over time"

Newintown
Newintown

Activity : 1622

Back to top Go down

Post by Themis 02.07.14 18:39

Bishop Brennan wrote:This lifted from Martin Brunt's twitter feed:

#Madeleine Suspect and witness interviews almost done, quicker than thought. Some Scot Yard cops already on way home.
to start questioning in the UK?
Themis

Activity : 12

Back to top Go down

Post by TheTruthWillOut 02.07.14 18:53

So if Gerry, Murat, Walczuk and Da Silva were all at this golf club (on 3rd May), what could they possibly be doing to go to such great lengths to hide the fact when a child is missing? (claimed to be abducted)

But then you would think there would be plenty of witnesses if all four were there, so a piece of cake to check..... 

TheTruthWillOut
TheTruthWillOut

Activity : 754

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 02.07.14 18:56

About Gamble's report at the time: I thought it was never published .. IIRC even the McCanns were not privy of its contents. I may have missed something, though.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by plebgate 02.07.14 19:01

Please can anyone advise as I am not good with DNA understanding. 

Allegedly hairs similar to Maddie's have been found on SM's sofa, reading this thread I understand it to be the case that this was 7 years ago?

Rocky has in the past said that there are hairs belonging to Maddie and IIRC said that these should be analysed in Europe?

Now my thought is why would Rocky say about the hairs being analysed if he believed they were found on SM's sofa, how would this help with his libel case?

It is a difficult thread to follow (for me) re. the DNA so any clear, simple explanation would be appreciated.
plebgate

Activity : 8938

Back to top Go down

Post by Bishop Brennan 02.07.14 19:08

plebgate wrote:Please can anyone advise as I am not good with DNA understanding. 

Allegedly hairs similar to Maddie's have been found on SM's sofa, reading this thread I understand it to be the case that this was 7 years ago?

Rocky has in the past said that there are hairs belonging to Maddie and IIRC said that these should be analysed in Europe?

Now my thought is why would Rocky say about the hairs being analysed if he believed they were found on SM's sofa, how would this help with his libel case?

It is a difficult thread to follow (for me) re. the DNA so any clear, simple explanation would be appreciated.

Not a clear, simple one, but the most recent Textusa blog entry gives full details and some interpretation of the recent news. If I was summarising it I would say: He/She/They think that this evidence is not real. It may be being confused with SIMILAR hair evidence on sofas that were in the CID (police?) garage. It was not clear or stated where the sofas came from. That hair, and the hair from the Scenic was tested. No match for the sofa hair was noted. A good match however for the hair in the Scenic:

"Is there DNA from Madeline on the swab "

It would be very simple to say "yes" simply because of the number of components within the result that are also in her reference sample.

There has not been time to find and test new hairs at Malinka's house. The only conclusion therefore (in the blog) is that the story of hair match (or the hair itself) is invented to further the SY narrative. And IF TRUE (the entire story of hair may be invented by the media) would mark a major escalation by SY.
Bishop Brennan
Bishop Brennan

Activity : 920

Back to top Go down

Post by margaret 02.07.14 19:10

TheTruthWillOut wrote:So if Gerry, Murat, Walczuk and Da Silva were all at this golf club (on 3rd May), what could they possibly be doing to go to such great lengths to hide the fact when a child is missing? (claimed to be abducted)

But then you would think there would be plenty of witnesses if all four were there, so a piece of cake to check..... 

Which has just reminded me. What was the story about a golf club and something stored or stolen from a locker?
margaret
margaret

Activity : 597

Back to top Go down

Post by tasprin 02.07.14 19:13

Cristobell wrote:When the McCanns requested a Review, back in November 2010, they put forward a report by Jim Gamble and CEOP.  Jim Gamble's report would have contained recommendations, and guidelines as to how the Review should go forward.  I think we can safely say that Jim Gamble's recommendations weren't followed.  They weren't picked up by the incumbent Labour government, and they were ignored by Theresa May - Remember Kate's complaint that she would only give them 'fluffy words'. 

In November 2010, the McCanns were almost broke.  They went on a big fundraising campaign, appearing on every programme that would have them to tell us the good deeds they would do if we donated more money to them.  However, every campaign must have a 'cause', something to aim for.  On that occasion, the McCanns were asking for a Review.  They felt safe in requesting this, because any review would have been based on the report prepared by Jim Gamble and CEOP and it would all be done and dusted before the General Election.  However, they did not foresee a change in government or Jim Gamble's resignation from CEOP.
Cristobell, from mccannfiles.com, this NOTW article, dated April 2010, regarding Gambles 'scoping exercise', absolutely trashes the PJ, but it's interesting to note just how involved the British police were in the case, with 196 visits to Portugal between May 2007-July 2008.

Brits launch Maddie probe, 10 April 2010

Brits launch Maddie probe News of the World

Breaking News on Sky News - SY back in PDL suspects to be interviewed - Page 24 Maddienotw
Breaking News on Sky News - SY back in PDL suspects to be interviewed - Page 24 Exclusive

10/04/2010 (Later updated: 'By Lucy Panton, 11/04/2010')

BRITISH police are to launch a new probe into missing Madeleine McCann after massive failures were found in the Portuguese investigation.

Our top child protection cop Jim Gamble has completed a fresh look at the three-year-old investigation for the Home Office.

He told ministers there were huge holes in the original inquiry that need to be revisited if they want to "come close" to reaching UK standards.

It will come as a bitter pill for Portuguese investigators who have fended off criticism since Maddie disappeared in 2007.

Breaking News on Sky News - SY back in PDL suspects to be interviewed - Page 24 Portuguesepolice
Portugese police left 'gaping' holes

But parents Kate and Gerry McCann, both 41 and both doctors, are "delighted" at the move.

Failures in the original investigation are said to be "so gaping" that British authorities feel it is their duty to look at it again.

This time police will review all the leads using technology and standards expected in a homicide or kidnap case in the UK.

Mr Gamble, head of the Child Exploitation and Online Protection Centre, found a basic failure to collate information and join up links that should have been made.

Telephone records were not properly analysed, missing early opportunities for leads.

And Kate and Gerry McCann were named as Arguidos, or formal suspects, by Portuguese police - something that the review says would not have happened if the probe had been carried out in the UK.

Mr Gamble found no evidence sufficient to make them suspects. His findings have now been formally submitted to the Home Office with recommendations to re-investigate.

The damning review has now set the Association of Chief Police Officers the difficult task of trying to decide who takes on the mammoth task. It is already predicted to be "an extremely costly" investigation that, even if done properly, will probably never be solved.

Breaking News on Sky News - SY back in PDL suspects to be interviewed - Page 24 Jimgamblenotw
Damning: Jim Gamble
A source said: "It is something that has to be reviewed. It is only right that the McCanns are given the satisfaction that everything that could be done has been done. It now comes down to who is up to the job."

The Home Secretary Alan Johnson is expected to announce that the new probe will NOT be carried out by Leicestershire police, the McCanns' local force. The review has highlighted failures within their handling of the case and ruled them out of the review.

Instead ACPO are now asking around their top cops to see who could take on the very difficult and complex investigation.

The source added: "It will be extremely costly and sadly is unlikely to result in a positive outcome.

"As much as we would all like this to end with good news for the McCanns, the fact is there have been a lot of missed opportunities and no-one will ever be able to reclaim the time and evidence lost."

Two thousand pages of evidence released earlier claimed Portuguese detectives failed to follow up leads.

Home Secretary Alan Johnson ordered officials to examine the "feasibility" of British detectives having a fresh look at all the evidence back in March.

Kate and Gerry McCann, of Rothley, met Mr Johnson to plead for help in their search for their daughter who vanished aged three from a holiday apartment in Praia da Luz, Portugal.

Maddy cops £22K bill for 196 jet trips, 26 April 2010

Maddy cops £22K bill for 196 jet trips Daily Mirror

26/04/2010

EXPENSES

A british police force took 196 flights to Portugal costing £22,000 in the first year of the search for Madeleine McCann.

And it ran up 709 days supporting her parents, Gerry and Kate, and helping Portuguese cops.

Flights to Portugal by Leicestershire Constabulary from May 2007 to July 2008 cost £22,055.

The force said: "Officers used budget airlines."

Madeleine, from Rothley, vanished from Praia da Luz on May 3, 2007, aged three. Revealed under the Freedom of Information Act, the total cost of the first year of the probe to the force was £500,000, most of which will be met by the Home Office.

tasprin

Activity : 896

Back to top Go down

Post by plebgate 02.07.14 19:16

Thank you Bishop B.   thumbsup

I do not believe it is a  recent discovery at SM's home because he would surely have got rid of any sofa 7 years ago?

I think that it has been made up by media but who knows.   Thanks again.
plebgate

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 02.07.14 19:16

IMO Dr. Amaral was referring to the hair found in the Scenic. A lot of them were dismissed as they were not the right colour compared to Maddie's photos [is there an emoticon for B*sh*t?].

BTW mitochondrial DNA can be easily retracted from hair, but it doesn't make much of an evidence. However, meanwhile science has indeed developed. So, when in 2007 a hair follical was still needed, nowadays the best full DNA can be found inside the hair shaft itself. It's better protected against decay and 100% reliable. And that is where [one of] my hope is ...
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Cristobell 02.07.14 19:19

Châtelaine wrote:About Gamble's report at the time: I thought it was never published .. IIRC even the McCanns were not privy of its contents. I may have missed something, though.
It was never published Chatelaine and the McCanns claimed not to know what was in it.  I believed them at the time, but now looking back, I think I was naïve.
Cristobell

Back to top Go down

Post by tasprin 02.07.14 19:28

Cristobell wrote:
Châtelaine wrote:About Gamble's report at the time: I thought it was never published .. IIRC even the McCanns were not privy of its contents. I may have missed something, though.
It was never published Chatelaine and the McCanns claimed not to know what was in it.  I believed them at the time, but now looking back, I think I was naïve.

I think they knew exactly what was in it Cristobell. Who leaked it to The News of the World (just in time for the 2010 anniversary) the McCanns or their most avid supporter, Jim Gamble? Everything that happens in this case is orchestrated.

From NOTW (above)
'Our top child protection cop Jim Gamble has completed a fresh look at the three-year-old investigation for the Home Office.He told ministers there were huge holes in the original inquiry that need to be revisited if they want to "come close" to reaching UK standards. It will come as a bitter pill for Portuguese investigators who have fended off criticism since Maddie disappeared in 2007But parents Kate and Gerry McCann, both 41 and both doctors, are "delighted" at the move. Failures in the original investigation are said to be "so gaping" that British authorities feel it is their duty to look at it again. This time police will review all the leads using technology and standards expected in a homicide or kidnap case in the UK. Mr Gamble, head of the Child Exploitation and Online Protection Centre, found a basic failure to collate information and join up links that should have been made. Telephone records were not properly analysed, missing early opportunities for leads. And Kate and Gerry McCann were named as Arguidos, or formal suspects, by Portuguese police - something that the review says would not have happened if the probe had been carried out in the UK. Mr Gamble found no evidence sufficient to make them suspects. His findings have now been formally submitted to the Home Office with recommendations to re-investigate'
tasprin

Activity : 896

Back to top Go down

Post by sofieellis 02.07.14 19:33

Mark Williams-Thomas ‏@mwilliamsthomas  1h
From what I have found out today it is clear that some people are not happy that the stone is being lifted.

Is he talking about the people who have vowed to leave no stone unturned, or is he referring to someone else??? (I'm no good at this cryptic stuff! thinking )
sofieellis

Activity : 188

Back to top Go down

Post by SixMillionQuid 02.07.14 19:35

Bishop Brennan wrote:
plebgate wrote:Please can anyone advise as I am not good with DNA understanding. 

Not a clear, simple one, but the most recent Textusa blog entry gives full details and some interpretation of the recent news.  If I was summarising it I would say:  He/She/They think that this evidence is not real.  It may be being confused with SIMILAR hair evidence on sofas that were in the CID (police?) garage.  It was not clear or stated where the sofas came from.   That hair, and the hair from the Scenic was tested.  No match for the sofa hair was noted.  A good match however for the hair in the Scenic:

It would be very simple to say "yes" simply because of the number of components within the result that are also in her reference sample.

There has not been time to find and test new hairs at Malinka's house.  The only conclusion therefore (in the blog) is that the story of hair match (or the hair itself) is invented to further the SY narrative.  And IF TRUE (the entire story of hair may be invented by the media) would mark a major escalation by SY.  
Here's the link to the very good write up from Textusa

http://textusa.blogspot.co.uk/2014/07/outrageous.html#more

"It is my belief that Scotland Yard was set out on a mission, not one to find out what happened to Madeleine McCann but to rewrite the history of the case in such a way that the majority of the public simply forgets the past." - The Pat Brown Criminal Profiling Agency
SixMillionQuid
SixMillionQuid

Activity : 445

Back to top Go down

Post by ultimaThule 02.07.14 19:37

Châtelaine wrote:IMO Dr. Amaral was referring to the hair found in the Scenic. A lot of them were dismissed as they were not the right colour compared to Maddie's photos [is there an emoticon for B*sh*t?].

BTW mitochondrial DNA can be easily retracted from hair, but it doesn't make much of an evidence. However, meanwhile science has indeed developed. So, when in 2007 a hair follical was still needed, nowadays the best full DNA can be found inside the hair shaft itself. It's better protected against decay and 100% reliable. And that is where [one of] my hope is ...

It will be at least be possible to establish whether any hairs found came from a living or a dead body, Chatelaine: http://www.pubfacts.com/detail/23013230/Taphonomy-of-hair--a-study-of-postmortem-root-banding
ultimaThule
ultimaThule

Activity : 3376

Back to top Go down

Post by plebgate 02.07.14 19:42

SixMillionQuid wrote:
Bishop Brennan wrote:

Not a clear, simple one, but the most recent Textusa blog entry gives full details and some interpretation of the recent news.  If I was summarising it I would say:  He/She/They think that this evidence is not real.  It may be being confused with SIMILAR hair evidence on sofas that were in the CID (police?) garage.  It was not clear or stated where the sofas came from.   That hair, and the hair from the Scenic was tested.  No match for the sofa hair was noted.  A good match however for the hair in the Scenic:

There has not been time to find and test new hairs at Malinka's house.  The only conclusion therefore (in the blog) is that the story of hair match (or the hair itself) is invented to further the SY narrative.  And IF TRUE (the entire story of hair may be invented by the media) would mark a major escalation by SY.  
Here's the link to the very good write up from Textusa

http://textusa.blogspot.co.uk/2014/07/outrageous.html#more
Thanks SMQ but I don't go to other blogs.  smilie
plebgate

Back to top Go down

Post by NickE 02.07.14 19:43

Dominic Hurst 

[ltr]@DominicHurst[/ltr]

[ltr]Source: "Unfortunately the interviews have led to no new developments and we are back where we were seven years ago."[/ltr]

[ltr]So, back to the McCann's,or?[/ltr]
NickE
NickE

Activity : 2151

Back to top Go down

Page 24 of 40 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 23, 24, 25 ... 32 ... 40  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top