The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

Digging to start next week (continuation of automatically locked thread) - UPDATE... starting today 2/6/14 - Page 16 Mm11

Digging to start next week (continuation of automatically locked thread) - UPDATE... starting today 2/6/14 - Page 16 Regist10
The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

Digging to start next week (continuation of automatically locked thread) - UPDATE... starting today 2/6/14 - Page 16 Mm11

Digging to start next week (continuation of automatically locked thread) - UPDATE... starting today 2/6/14 - Page 16 Regist10

Digging to start next week (continuation of automatically locked thread) - UPDATE... starting today 2/6/14

Page 16 of 40 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 28 ... 40  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Digging to start next week (continuation of automatically locked thread) - UPDATE... starting today 2/6/14 - Page 16 Empty Re: Digging to start next week (continuation of automatically locked thread) - UPDATE... starting today 2/6/14

Post by sofieellis 04.06.14 19:23

Gareth Owen ‏[ltr]@GarethITV[/ltr]  32s
I understand UK Police have been granted another seven days to work on the search area. #mccann @ITVCentral
sofieellis

Activity : 188

Back to top Go down

Digging to start next week (continuation of automatically locked thread) - UPDATE... starting today 2/6/14 - Page 16 Empty Re: Digging to start next week (continuation of automatically locked thread) - UPDATE... starting today 2/6/14

Post by Cristobell 04.06.14 19:23

Tony Bennett wrote:
Hicks wrote:It was a cold evening on May 3rd. Tanner told us she had to go and get a fleece to put on. What parent would, A.let their child be used as a decoy on such a cold evening in only light jammies. B. not insist that she had a blanket or coat on especially as the child appeared to be in a deep sleep..... you could also interpret that as.... 'lifeless'.

The Smiths description of the man most likely fitting GM.

The very fact TM had made no mention of Smithman for five years speak volumes.
@ Hicks - I must intervene yet again to remind you - and everyone else here - that

1. The possibility that Tannerman and Smithman were one and the same was first mentioned - and very definitely so - in the Mentorn Media/Channel 4 'Mockumentary' just TWO YEARS after Madeleine went missing, i.e. in May 2009

2. Subsequently - and for a FURTHER FIVE YEARS EVER SINCE - the McCanns featured the sighting 'by an Irish family' - and prominently so - on their 'Find Madeleine' website, as a possible suspect, AND

3. There were SIX PAGES of references to 'Smithman' in Dr Kate McCanns' book, 'madeleine', including three pages in an Appendix systematically comparing Tannerman and 'Smithman' and VERY STRONGLY suggesting they were one and the same.   

I will keep on reminding everyone here of these absolute facts until, hopefully, we all come to see that the statement: "Team McCann made no mention of Smithman for 5 years" is wholly false, and grossly misleading.

If we get our facts wrong, our assumptions will also prove to be wrong.

You say: "The very fact TM had made no mention of Smithman for five years speaks volumes".

I reply: "The fact that TM have been promoting Smithman as a possible suspect - and that DCI Redwood now agrees with  them - speaks volumes".  

Please do not see this as a 'telling off'. I have made innocent mistakes myself over the years in discussing this case.

I am just concerned that if you stick with a claimed fact that is demonstrably false, as here, you are likely to arrive a false assumption and a wrong conclusion.
Tony, surely the question of whether Smithman was promoted by the McCanns is a matter of opinion and interpretation, it is not a fact.  I agree with Hicks, imo, the McCanns have buried Smithman.  When they couldn't hide his existence any longer, the McCanns tried to blur the issue by morphing him with Tannerman, but those familiar with the files knew he was a separate entity.  

The McCanns have never held a press conference dedicated to Smithman.  In the faux documentary, they changed his appearance giving him the long hair described by Jane, rather than the short, neat haircut described by the Smith family.  They have never asked the public to look for Smithman, despite the fact that he was seen by 6 witnesses, rather one individual.  Kate may have mentioned him in her book, but she is trying to convince the reader that he is the same man that Jane saw, she even quotes the Smiths as saying 'the man looked uncomfortable carrying a child', or words to that effect, but in any event, the words she attributed to the Smiths were totally untrue! 

I think it is disingenuous to say that it is fact the McCanns promoted Smithman.  It was my stumbling on 'Smithman' many years ago, that aroused my suspicions still further.  I could not understand why the McCanns were not publicising the Smith family sighting, nor could others on the forum and there were many discussions about it.  In referring to Smithman and the e-fits, Andy Redwood announced his existence as a 'revelation' - ie. he was acknowledging the fact that the majority of the public were not aware of this particular sighting, and in doing so he whooshed Tannerman.    

The Times may have had to backtrack their story, but its basis was sound.  Exton received a letter from McCann lawyers threatening him not to publicise his findings.
Cristobell

Activity : 2552

Back to top Go down

Post by whatliesbehindthesofa 04.06.14 19:25

ShuBob wrote:Judging by this Guardian journalist's tweets, it would appear something potentially significant is being unearthed:

https://twitter.com/JoshHalliday

Following him now, looks very interesting.
whatliesbehindthesofa

Activity : 1327

Back to top Go down

Post by worriedmum 04.06.14 19:27

Shubob ''Interesting that the burglar only targeted British families. How did he know they were British? Did they only wear Union Jack clothing while the males made a point of wearing socks with sandals  Digging to start next week (continuation of automatically locked thread) - UPDATE... starting today 2/6/14 - Page 16 Icon_rolleyes 

spit coffee

Digging to start next week (continuation of automatically locked thread) - UPDATE... starting today 2/6/14 - Page 16 Empty
worriedmum
worriedmum

Activity : 2819

Back to top Go down

Post by ShuBob 04.06.14 19:28

Cristobell, I agree with your post @ 7:23pm in its entirety.
ShuBob

Activity : 1983

Back to top Go down

Post by whatliesbehindthesofa 04.06.14 19:28

Josh Halliday @JoshHalliday  ·  4s
DCI Andy Redwood and team of Scotland Yard officers have now left Praia da Luz scrubland after third day of searches

Josh Halliday @JoshHalliday  ·  34m
...at same site

Josh Halliday @JoshHalliday  ·  35m
Madeleine McCann search:  Unclear how significant this activity is, but this longest I've seen DCI Redwood and other senior officer at s ...

Josh Halliday @JoshHalliday  ·  37m
There's now about a dozen officers that we can see standing thing outside this tent. DCI Redwood now inside tent.

Josh Halliday @JoshHalliday  ·  46m
Madeleine McCann search: 3 TV cameras now pointing at DCI Redwood, stood looking into tent where digging is taking place

Josh Halliday @JoshHalliday  ·  58m
Madeleine Mccann search: DCI Andy Redwood, the officer leading the investigation, now at digging site with local police chief

Josh Halliday @JoshHalliday  ·  1h
The Faro regional police director is here talking to detectives while digging work goes on inside tent.

Josh Halliday @JoshHalliday  ·  1h
As evening closes in, officers now digging into earth where they used ground penetrating radar earlier. Shielded by white tent.
whatliesbehindthesofa

Back to top Go down

Post by Tony Bennett 04.06.14 19:29

Cristobell wrote:
Tony, surely the question of whether Smithman was promoted by the McCanns is a matter of opinion and interpretation, it is not a fact.  

I will make my reply brief.

Which, if any, of the three facts I stated above, do you say is untrue?

Dr Martin Roberts: "The evidence is that these are the pjyamas Madeleine wore on holiday in Praia da Luz. They were photographed and the photo handed to a press agency, who released it on 8 May, as the search for Madeleine continued. The McCanns held up these same pyjamas at two press conferences on 5 & 7June 2007. How could Madeleine have been abducted?"

Amelie McCann (aged 2): "Maddie's jammies!".  

Tony Bennett
Tony Bennett
Researcher

Activity : 24770

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 04.06.14 19:29

whatliesbehindthesofa wrote:
ShuBob wrote:Judging by this Guardian journalist's tweets, it would appear something potentially significant is being unearthed:

For those of us not on twitter could you please expand on this ?    Ty.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Research_Reader 04.06.14 19:29

Is the consensus here still that Smithman was likely to be Gerry? I'm so confused (been away for months and playing catch-up).
Research_Reader
Research_Reader

Activity : 326

Back to top Go down

Post by whatliesbehindthesofa 04.06.14 19:30

daffodil wrote:

I've just posted his tweets from this evening a few posts back :)
whatliesbehindthesofa

Back to top Go down

Post by Research_Reader 04.06.14 19:31

daffodil wrote:

You don't need to be a member of Twitter to click on the link and follow his updates (just refresh your screen to see new updates, but sounds like they've all left the site for the evening now).
Research_Reader
Research_Reader

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 04.06.14 19:33

Thanks @ rr and wlbts.     I was a bit slow catching up.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Markus 2 04.06.14 19:34

SOMETHING GOING ON BY THE SOUND OF THOSE TWEETS
Markus 2

Activity : 399

Back to top Go down

Post by Research_Reader 04.06.14 19:34

You're welcome. It took me ages to figure out twitter.
Research_Reader
Research_Reader

Back to top Go down

Post by sofieellis 04.06.14 19:34

Cristobell wrote:
Tony Bennett wrote:
Hicks wrote:It was a cold evening on May 3rd. Tanner told us she had to go and get a fleece to put on. What parent would, A.let their child be used as a decoy on such a cold evening in only light jammies. B. not insist that she had a blanket or coat on especially as the child appeared to be in a deep sleep..... you could also interpret that as.... 'lifeless'.

@ Hicks - I must intervene yet again to remind you - and everyone else here - that

1. The possibility that Tannerman and Smithman were one and the same was first mentioned - and very definitely so - in the Mentorn Media/Channel 4 'Mockumentary' just TWO YEARS after Madeleine went missing, i.e. in May 2009

2. Subsequently - and for a FURTHER FIVE YEARS EVER SINCE - the McCanns featured the sighting 'by an Irish family' - and prominently so - on their 'Find Madeleine' website, as a possible suspect, AND

3. There were SIX PAGES of references to 'Smithman' in Dr Kate McCanns' book, 'madeleine', including three pages in an Appendix systematically comparing Tannerman and 'Smithman' and VERY STRONGLY suggesting they were one and the same.   

I will keep on reminding everyone here of these absolute facts until, hopefully, we all come to see that the statement: "Team McCann made no mention of Smithman for 5 years" is wholly false, and grossly misleading.

You say: "The very fact TM had made no mention of Smithman for five years speaks volumes".

I reply: "The fact that TM have been promoting Smithman as a possible suspect - and that DCI Redwood now agrees with  them - speaks volumes".  

Please do not see this as a 'telling off'. I have made innocent mistakes myself over the years in discussing this case.

I am just concerned that if you stick with a claimed fact that is demonstrably false, as here, you are likely to arrive a false assumption and a wrong conclusion.
Tony, surely the question of whether Smithman was promoted by the McCanns is a matter of opinion and interpretation, it is not a fact.  I agree with Hicks, imo, the McCanns have buried Smithman.  When they couldn't hide his existence any longer, the McCanns tried to blur the issue by morphing him with Tannerman, but those familiar with the files knew he was a separate entity.  

The McCanns have never held a press conference dedicated to Smithman.  In the faux documentary, they changed his appearance giving him the long hair described by Jane, rather than the short, neat haircut described by the Smith family.  They have never asked the public to look for Smithman, despite the fact that he was seen by 6 witnesses, rather one individual.  Kate may have mentioned him in her book, but she is trying to convince the reader that he is the same man that Jane saw, she even quotes the Smiths as saying 'the man looked uncomfortable carrying a child', or words to that effect, but in any event, the words she attributed to the Smiths were totally untrue! 

I think it is disingenuous to say that it is fact the McCanns promoted Smithman.  It was my stumbling on 'Smithman' many years ago, that aroused my suspicions still further.  I could not understand why the McCanns were not publicising the Smith family sighting, nor could others on the forum and there were many discussions about it.  In referring to Smithman and the e-fits, Andy Redwood announced his existence as a 'revelation' - ie. he was acknowledging the fact that the majority of the public were not aware of this particular sighting, and in doing so he whooshed Tannerman.    

The Times may have had to backtrack their story, but its basis was sound.  Exton received a letter from McCann lawyers threatening him not to publicise his findings.

This is exactly how I see it as well. The McCanns only acknowledged Smithman's existence when they knew they no longer had any choice. And then, as you say, they tried to confuse him with Tannerman in the public's minds.
sofieellis

Activity : 188

Back to top Go down

Post by Cristobell 04.06.14 19:39

Tony Bennett wrote:
Cristobell wrote:
Tony, surely the question of whether Smithman was promoted by the McCanns is a matter of opinion and interpretation, it is not a fact.  

I will make my reply brief.

Which, if any, of the three facts I stated above, do you say is untrue?
I too will be brief.  I didn't say any of your points were untrue Tony, I said they were a matter of interpretation.
Cristobell

Activity : 2552

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 04.06.14 19:40

offtopic 
Please we have some important developments happening.  It looks from tweets that the cops have found what they were looking for imo.  Something is happening I think....

So let's stay on topic.  If you wish to discuss Smithman there are plenty of threads but NOT THIS ONE
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Hicks 04.06.14 19:40

gbwales wrote:
Hicks wrote:
gbwales wrote:Hicks, I'm not sure the extent of these suspects being "currently" talked about. Your link is from March, the link posted last night was from May 8th, and as far as I know nobody has clarified or confirmed the mention of ITV.

If there is genuinely any article from the last day or even two that mentions 8 suspects to be interviewed please can someone share it, as otherwise this is something that no others media seems to have mentioned and may be a misunderstanding based on old links and Chinese whispers...
http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/madeleine-mccann-eight-prime-suspects-3511716. Sorry I was referring to this.

Yes, May 8th.
A long time has passed since then and SY are in Portugal with permission specifically for digging unless anyone knows otherwise.
With respect gbwales, the article mentions the eight suspects, then the following," The met detectives are understood to be 'fine tuning' the details of a series of searches across an area of wasteland  just yards from the Ocean Club, A cobbled road close to the towns 16th century church and a car park near the beach. It is not known exactly when the searches will take commence but sources claim the presence of specialist forensic officers could be a sign that the dig are days away".
 I am not stating as fact that the digging is due to info on the British cleaners. I am saying that when reading the above I get a bad feeling that the cleaners will conveniently fit the frame, in my opinion.  I hope my explanation clears things up for you.

Activity : 1005

Back to top Go down

Post by MrsC 04.06.14 19:44

candyfloss wrote:
Please we have some important developments happening.  It looks from tweets that the cops have found what they were looking for imo.  I think we may have an announcement on it's way.  They wouldn't have finished so quickly otherwise imo.

Bless little Madeleine.  :-(
MrsC
MrsC

Activity : 413

Back to top Go down

Post by Hicks 04.06.14 19:45

Cristobell wrote:
Tony Bennett wrote:

My thoughts too Cristobel, but explained far more eloquently. Thank you.

Activity : 1005

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 04.06.14 19:46

MrsC wrote:
candyfloss wrote:
Please we have some important developments happening.  It looks from tweets that the cops have found what they were looking for imo.  I think we may have an announcement on it's way.  They wouldn't have finished so quickly otherwise imo.

I have changed my post MrsC, to something is happening, I may be a bit premature with the announcement bit.  Just read the tweets in a hurry and got confused  big grin
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by russiandoll 04.06.14 19:46

candyfloss wrote:offtopic 
Please we have some important developments happening.  It looks from tweets that the cops have found what they were looking for imo.  Something is happening I think....

So let's stay on topic.  If you wish to discuss Smithman there are plenty of threads but NOT THIS ONE

noted and I will reply to Hicks re the Smith sighting on the relevant thread. thumbup

The great enemy of the truth is very often not the lie — deliberate,
contrived and dishonest — but the myth — persistent, persuasive and
unrealistic.
~John F. Kennedy

russiandoll
russiandoll

Activity : 4058

Back to top Go down

Post by Justformaddie 04.06.14 19:48

Please God, if they've found her, a least she will have a proper burial and can rest in piece IMO  Sad

Activity : 541

Back to top Go down

Post by Lance De Boils 04.06.14 19:50

Could we perhaps have a thread JUST for actual news updates, no discussion?
 :please: 
It's a nightmare wading through so many pages of (occasionally 'off topic') posts, trying to catch up what is actually happening.
Lance De Boils
Lance De Boils

Activity : 1053

Back to top Go down

Post by Justformaddie 04.06.14 19:51

candyfloss wrote:
MrsC wrote:
candyfloss wrote:

I have changed my post MrsC, to something is happening, I may be a bit premature with the announcement bit.  Just read the tweets in a hurry and got confused  big grin
Don't know whether to be happy or sad, hard work when feelings are involved! IMO

Activity : 541

Back to top Go down

Page 16 of 40 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 28 ... 40  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top