The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

Where could "Smith-man" have been heading?   (OR: Was there ever a "Smith-man"?) - Page 24 Mm11

Where could "Smith-man" have been heading?   (OR: Was there ever a "Smith-man"?) - Page 24 Regist10
The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

Where could "Smith-man" have been heading?   (OR: Was there ever a "Smith-man"?) - Page 24 Mm11

Where could "Smith-man" have been heading?   (OR: Was there ever a "Smith-man"?) - Page 24 Regist10

Where could "Smith-man" have been heading? (OR: Was there ever a "Smith-man"?)

Page 24 of 40 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 23, 24, 25 ... 32 ... 40  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Who is 'Smith-man'? (MULTIPLE CHOICE - You can vote for more than one answer)

Where could "Smith-man" have been heading?   (OR: Was there ever a "Smith-man"?) - Page 24 Vote_lcap11%Where could "Smith-man" have been heading?   (OR: Was there ever a "Smith-man"?) - Page 24 Vote_rcap 11% 
[ 27 ]
Where could "Smith-man" have been heading?   (OR: Was there ever a "Smith-man"?) - Page 24 Vote_lcap1%Where could "Smith-man" have been heading?   (OR: Was there ever a "Smith-man"?) - Page 24 Vote_rcap 1% 
[ 2 ]
Where could "Smith-man" have been heading?   (OR: Was there ever a "Smith-man"?) - Page 24 Vote_lcap44%Where could "Smith-man" have been heading?   (OR: Was there ever a "Smith-man"?) - Page 24 Vote_rcap 44% 
[ 107 ]
Where could "Smith-man" have been heading?   (OR: Was there ever a "Smith-man"?) - Page 24 Vote_lcap7%Where could "Smith-man" have been heading?   (OR: Was there ever a "Smith-man"?) - Page 24 Vote_rcap 7% 
[ 16 ]
Where could "Smith-man" have been heading?   (OR: Was there ever a "Smith-man"?) - Page 24 Vote_lcap10%Where could "Smith-man" have been heading?   (OR: Was there ever a "Smith-man"?) - Page 24 Vote_rcap 10% 
[ 25 ]
Where could "Smith-man" have been heading?   (OR: Was there ever a "Smith-man"?) - Page 24 Vote_lcap6%Where could "Smith-man" have been heading?   (OR: Was there ever a "Smith-man"?) - Page 24 Vote_rcap 6% 
[ 15 ]
Where could "Smith-man" have been heading?   (OR: Was there ever a "Smith-man"?) - Page 24 Vote_lcap2%Where could "Smith-man" have been heading?   (OR: Was there ever a "Smith-man"?) - Page 24 Vote_rcap 2% 
[ 6 ]
Where could "Smith-man" have been heading?   (OR: Was there ever a "Smith-man"?) - Page 24 Vote_lcap11%Where could "Smith-man" have been heading?   (OR: Was there ever a "Smith-man"?) - Page 24 Vote_rcap 11% 
[ 27 ]
Where could "Smith-man" have been heading?   (OR: Was there ever a "Smith-man"?) - Page 24 Vote_lcap5%Where could "Smith-man" have been heading?   (OR: Was there ever a "Smith-man"?) - Page 24 Vote_rcap 5% 
[ 13 ]
Where could "Smith-man" have been heading?   (OR: Was there ever a "Smith-man"?) - Page 24 Vote_lcap1%Where could "Smith-man" have been heading?   (OR: Was there ever a "Smith-man"?) - Page 24 Vote_rcap 1% 
[ 3 ]

Total Votes : 241

Poll closed

Where could "Smith-man" have been heading?   (OR: Was there ever a "Smith-man"?) - Page 24 Empty zapped posts

Post by columbostogeys 22.10.13 15:24

Do posts get removed? I answered someone on here and its gone.....seems very odd...
columbostogeys
columbostogeys

Activity : 177

Back to top Go down

Where could "Smith-man" have been heading?   (OR: Was there ever a "Smith-man"?) - Page 24 Empty Re: Where could "Smith-man" have been heading? (OR: Was there ever a "Smith-man"?)

Post by pennylane 22.10.13 15:25

sallypelt wrote:
jozi wrote:
pennylane wrote:
Joss wrote:
pennylane wrote:
Joss wrote:I also don't see a stranger abducting a deceased child from the McCann apartment to carry her away. That just wouldn't make any sense. But if GM was carrying a deceased child to some other destination for disposal then i still don't see him doing that by walking through the street and risking being seen either. But it could be that he did?
This all depends on when you think M died. Walking through the street is a bit different than hurriedly ridding the apartment of a body before the police arrive.  It's risky, it's desperate, but people get themselves in risky, desperate situations all the time.  Some criminals are known to hide a body in the attic, and hope and pray nobody looks there before they get a chance to move it.
pennylane, When Madeline died would be dependent on when she was last seen alive to when she went missing i would imagine. I agree with what you say about the desperation and risk some perpetrators will go to in trying to cover up a crime.
The McCann's and friends' dodgy version of events, the blood and cadaver dog alerts, the McCanns not waking the twins to check on their health when they were seemingly comatose, and the fact that the McCanns didn't search with everyone else on the night their 3 year old allegedly disappeared, for me eradicates any chance this was a stranger abduction!
Me too pennylane but how did they manage to clean the apartment,getting rid of all the DNA,blood and fingerprints of the children etc  plus washing the curtains in their blind panic ?
Within a week or two of Madeleine McCann going missing, I can distinctively remember reading that the McCann's had gone to the local supermarket to buy bleach and other cleaning materials. It was considered to be rather odd that someone who was on holiday,  would buy such "heavy" cleaning materials. I believe that receipts were shown of what was actually bought, but all this information has disappeared without trace, and I haven't been able to find it on the internet, although there are a few brief posts about them buying cleaning materials.
I too remember that Sally, but whether it was based on fact or myth, I don't know.
pennylane

Activity : 4406

Back to top Go down

Where could "Smith-man" have been heading?   (OR: Was there ever a "Smith-man"?) - Page 24 Empty Re: Where could "Smith-man" have been heading? (OR: Was there ever a "Smith-man"?)

Post by sallypelt 22.10.13 15:25

Woofer wrote:When doing such a deep clean, can this ever remove all traces?

Would the GNR have noticed the smell of cleaning fluids?

Were extra cleaning fluids bought at the supermarket?

p.s. Last query answered by Sallypelt.
Woofer, I believe that the reason the DNA was "corrupted"? (was that the word that was used?) was because of the bleach or other chemicals.
sallypelt

Activity : 5319

Back to top Go down

Post by Woofer 22.10.13 15:30

sallypelt wrote:

Woofer, I believe that the reason the DNA was "corrupted"? (was that the word that was used?) was because of the bleach or other chemicals.
Yep, could be.  Just wondering about the smell of cleaning fluid not being noticed initially.  Also they were moved to another flat weren`t they?  Although the PJ weren`t too quick off the mark in making the flat a crime scene, I think they did later, so would the McCanns have been able to gain access to clean it?

It would be good to know exactly when the bleach was bought.
Woofer
Woofer

Activity : 3508

Back to top Go down

Post by sami 22.10.13 15:45

Is it a myth that the lock up where the pool cleaning equipment was stored was broken into at that time ?
sami

Activity : 1019

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 22.10.13 15:49

In many countries in Southern Europe they use alcohol/ ammonia for deep cleaning these leave no smell.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Liz Eagles 22.10.13 15:54

dantezebu wrote:In many countries in Southern Europe they use alcohol/ ammonia for deep cleaning these leave no smell.
Cleaning with hydrogen peroxide gets rid of blood (unlike bleach) but can leave stains on fabric which look like tea stains.
Liz Eagles
Liz Eagles

Activity : 13385

Back to top Go down

Post by galena 22.10.13 15:55

whmon wrote:I believe that the Smith's are genuine. They would not have pin-pointed GM or any other named individual if they were lying, they would just have said that they saw 'a man' carrying a child. Also, there were too many of them to be lying. Surely Mr and Mrs Smith would not have trusted so many fake witnesses to stick to the story/keep mum, especially their young daughter who was at an age where best friends tell each other all their secrets. Why would they risk this? They could practically guarantee that their daughter would tell her best friend, who would tell her best friend, who would tell someone else etc, etc. It would have ended up on the internet within a few months. Perhaps the Smith's were possibly mistaken in their identification - but they were genuine.

Furthermore, I believe that 'somebody' could have left 5A, gone to the beach and then to the Tapas bar within the timeframe. It may have been risky but adrenaline and desperation are good motivators. Also (and very importantly), why did KM do her check immediately after GM returned from a check? She hadn't done that before. And what about the length of time of GM's check, easily time enough to get to the beach and back!

A few posters have suggested that 'somebody' would not be able to walk around the streets carrying a dead child. I disagree, the child would look as if she were asleep.
Bold bit one: I doubt the children were paying any attention - if dad said - didn't we see someone they would probably agree.  Not a case in my mind of sitting down and agreeing to tell a false story more a case of discussing the sighting and adding on more details, perhaps some subconsciously gleaned from coverage of the McCann case. People are very suggestible. I'm not observant and if a friend said they had seen someone walking down the street with a child I'd probably agree if they seemed adamant.  I never notice people.

Bold point two: Why would they want to get to the beach?  It doesn't seem a great place to hide a body to me?

Bold point three - I think you missed the point - why be seen with a child at all when you could put the body in a sports bag or something similar so that witnesses would not remember seeing a man carrying a child? Way less suspicious, especially when to be seen carrying a supposedly sleeping child is not the best move when a big child abduction story is about to break!
galena

Activity : 291

Back to top Go down

Post by pennylane 22.10.13 16:00

columbostogeys wrote:Do posts get removed? I answered someone on here and its gone.....seems very odd...
You probably had a 'modify' or 'save' request because someone else had posted while you were typing your comment. If you don't click on one or the other, you can lose your post.
pennylane

Activity : 4406

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 22.10.13 16:05

pennylane wrote:
columbostogeys wrote:Do posts get removed? I answered someone on here and its gone.....seems very odd...
You probably had a 'modify' or 'save' request because someone else had posted while you were typing your comment.  If you don't click on one or the other, you can lose your post.  
Or it might be in your profile under 'drafts'.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by galena 22.10.13 16:07

Tony Bennett wrote:
Hongkong Phooey wrote:As another newbie (to this forum but certainly not others) it's a bit strange that you are fixating on a group that probably signed up due to the Crimewatch programme, is this because they have a differing view from you?
'Hongkong Phooey', welcome to the forum.

I hope I may just call you 'Phooey' for short.

You have certainly made quite a big impact on the forum already in your three days here.

You wrote:  "It's a bit strange that you are fixating on a group that probably signed up due to the Crimewatch programme..."

Of course!

The six I mentioned have all signed up just 'because of the Crimewatch programme'.

I don't know why I never thought of that.

Try visiting the sections of the forum that deal with the McCanns' choice of private investigators.

And then come back and tell us what you think about that.

Seems strange when the Crimewatch programme was a couple of weeks ago - why have they waited all this time and what has happened recently to prompt them to join?
galena

Back to top Go down

Post by whmon 22.10.13 16:10

galena wrote:
whmon wrote:I believe that the Smith's are genuine. They would not have pin-pointed GM or any other named individual if they were lying, they would just have said that they saw 'a man' carrying a child. Also, there were too many of them to be lying. Surely Mr and Mrs Smith would not have trusted so many fake witnesses to stick to the story/keep mum, especially their young daughter who was at an age where best friends tell each other all their secrets. Why would they risk this? They could practically guarantee that their daughter would tell her best friend, who would tell her best friend, who would tell someone else etc, etc. It would have ended up on the internet within a few months. Perhaps the Smith's were possibly mistaken in their identification - but they were genuine.

Furthermore, I believe that 'somebody' could have left 5A, gone to the beach and then to the Tapas bar within the timeframe. It may have been risky but adrenaline and desperation are good motivators. Also (and very importantly), why did KM do her check immediately after GM returned from a check? She hadn't done that before. And what about the length of time of GM's check, easily time enough to get to the beach and back!

A few posters have suggested that 'somebody' would not be able to walk around the streets carrying a dead child. I disagree, the child would look as if she were asleep.
Bold bit one: I doubt the children were paying any attention - if dad said - didn't we see someone they would probably agree.  Not a case in my mind of sitting down and agreeing to tell a false story more a case of discussing the sighting and adding on more details, perhaps some subconsciously gleaned from coverage of the McCann case. People are very suggestible. I'm not observant and if a friend said they had seen someone walking down the street with a child I'd probably agree if they seemed adamant.  I never notice people.

Bold point two: Why would they want to get to the beach?  It doesn't seem a great place to hide a body to me?

Bold point three - I think you missed the point - why be seen with a child at all when you could put the body in a sports bag or something similar so that witnesses would not remember seeing a man carrying a child? Way less suspicious, especially when to be seen carrying a supposedly sleeping child is not the best move when a big child abduction story is about to break!
Your point one: Didn't the daughter give a relatively detailed account of the clothing - she obviously saw it for herself.

Your point two: Why indeed would they want to go to the beach, or anywhere else for that matter. Did they need to hide something quickly but didn't have a car or anywhere that sprung to mind as a hiding place (being on a week's break and not knowing the locale too well). Was the beach the only known, accessible place that came to mind.

Your point three: If I saw a man carrying a heavy sports bag I may wonder what is in the bag and he may well stick in my mind for a little while. If I saw a man on holiday carrying a 'sleeping' child I would think no more of it.

This message is confidential and the information must not be used, disclosed, or copied to any other person who is not entitled to receive it. If you have received this message in error please notify the sender and then delete it.
whmon
whmon

Activity : 545

Back to top Go down

Post by soundworks 22.10.13 16:11

aquila wrote:
dantezebu wrote:In many countries in Southern Europe they use alcohol/ ammonia for deep cleaning these leave no smell.
Cleaning with hydrogen peroxide gets rid of blood (unlike bleach) but can leave stains on fabric which look like tea stains.
wow didnt the MM pjs have so called tea stains on them?
soundworks

Activity : 96

Back to top Go down

Post by DIBarlow 22.10.13 17:05

sallypelt wrote:

Or could the term "corrupted" be levelled at the FSS final (revised) report, even though it still contained reference to swab 286A/2007 CRL 3A "from the principle that all confirmed DNA components within the scope of this result originated from a single source, then these pointed to corresponding components in the profile of Madeleine McCann; however, if the DNA within the scope of this result originated from more than one person then the result could be explained as being DNA originating from [a mixture of DNA from both] Kate Healy and Gerald McCann, for example. DNA profiles established through LCN are extremely sensitive; it is not possible to attribute this DNA profile to a particular body fluid. nor to determine how or when that DNA was transferred to that area."
Perhaps couched to create obfuscation, but leaving only two options, either it was from Maddie or from a mixture of both her parents.
DIBarlow

Activity : 95

Back to top Go down

Post by sallypelt 22.10.13 17:10

DIBarlow wrote:
sallypelt wrote:

Or could the term "corrupted" be levelled at the FSS final (revised) report, even though it still contained reference to swab 286A/2007 CRL 3A "from the principle that all confirmed DNA components within the scope of this result originated from a single source, then these pointed to corresponding components in the profile of Madeleine McCann; however, if the DNA within the scope of this result originated from more than one person then the result could be explained as being DNA originating from [a mixture of DNA from both] Kate Healy and Gerald McCann, for example. DNA profiles established through LCN are extremely sensitive; it is not possible to attribute this DNA profile to a particular body fluid. nor to determine how or when that DNA was transferred to that area."
Perhaps couched to create obfuscation, but leaving only two options, either it was from Maddie or from a mixture of both her parents.
The word I was searching for was "degraded", but I couldn't pull it from the back of my mind. That's why I put a question mark against corrupted.

I knew I'd get there...............................................................eventually:spin:
sallypelt

Activity : 5319

Back to top Go down

Post by Hongkong Phooey 22.10.13 17:42

Tony Bennett wrote:
Hongkong Phooey wrote:As another newbie (to this forum but certainly not others) it's a bit strange that you are fixating on a group that probably signed up due to the Crimewatch programme, is this because they have a differing view from you?
'Hongkong Phooey', welcome to the forum.

I hope I may just call you 'Phooey' for short.

You have certainly made quite a big impact on the forum already in your three days here.

You wrote: "It's a bit strange that you are fixating on a group that probably signed up due to the Crimewatch programme..."

Of course!

The six I mentioned have all signed up just 'because of the Crimewatch programme'.

I don't know why I never thought of that.

Try visiting the sections of the forum that deal with the McCanns' choice of private investigators.

And then come back and tell us what you think about that.

Sorry for the delay in replying.
I don't get the big impact statement but hey that's your view. I must say I don't particularly like your condescending tone and I also don't appreciate being told what to read and come back with an opinion. We're all equal here as far as I understand so let's just concentrate on the matters at hand
Hongkong Phooey
Hongkong Phooey

Activity : 312

Back to top Go down

Post by margaret 22.10.13 18:01

galena wrote:

Burying in sand 'mummifies' the body, fluids seep away and no smell escapes.

http://news.sky.com/story/1155201/giant-oarfish-sea-serpent-found-off-california
margaret
margaret

Activity : 597

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 22.10.13 18:28

Why the beach?
The Atlantic Ocean has 2 low tides and 2 high tides per day [actually 24 hours 50 minutes IIUC]. On May 3, 2007 low tide was at 10pm. That means that a body [IMO and just a hypothesis] could easily have been buried without tools in wet sand and be safely covered for up to the next 12 hours. That would give time until [still a hypothesis] approx. 10am May 4 to try and find a second hiding place. At 6am it wouldn't have been to difficult to get to it.

ETA when did MW arrive in Portugal? And when were the pictures of him and GM at the seaside made? May 5?

ETA2 Mods Please remove if you feel so.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by galena 22.10.13 18:39

margaret wrote:
galena wrote:

Burying in sand 'mummifies' the body, fluids seep away and no smell escapes.  

http://news.sky.com/story/1155201/giant-oarfish-sea-serpent-found-off-california
1) Wouldn't there be a huge risk of it being found by a member of the public before they were able to move it?
2) Wouldn't it be rather hard to find again and difficult to dig up without exciting attention from other beach goers -  bearing in mind that the season was just beginning?
3) Wouldn't he have needed a spade or some implement to dig deeply enough to bury the body safely?
4) Wouldn't Gerry have been covered in sand and looked somewhat dishevelled when he got back to the bar?
5) Would Gerry have been able to dig a grave deep enough to avoid accidental discovery, bury the body, tidy up the sand and then get back to the Tapas Bar in 10 minutes in time to hear Kate announce Madeleine's disappearance?

Actually I'm pretty sure I remember a similar discussion on this back in 2007 on either digispy or mirror forums. I think consensus was - people wanted it to be Gerry but no-one could see how it could be done.  Far from providing us with new evidence Crimewatch has us going round in circles!
galena

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 22.10.13 18:48

People were looking for a missing girl. Some of them must have gone to the beach at rising tide. Wet sand is not hard to dig a shallow hole by hand. GM kneeling  down to to the ground "praying like an Arab" springs to mind - to cover sand traces ...? Something GA was very upset about is that no one [independent] was able to describe T9's clothing of that evening, nor were there photographs of it ...
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by galena 22.10.13 18:54

Châtelaine wrote:Why the beach?
The Atlantic Ocean has 2 low tides and 2 high tides per day [actually 24 hours 50 minutes IIUC]. On May 3, 2007 low tide was at 10pm. That means that a body [IMO and  just a hypothesis] could easily have been buried without tools in wet sand and be safely covered for up to the next 12 hours. That would give time until [still a hypothesis] approx. 10am May 4 to try and find a second hiding place. At 6am it wouldn't have been to difficult to get to it.

ETA when did MW arrive in Portugal? And when were the pictures of him and GM at the seaside made? May 5?

ETA2 Mods Please remove if you feel so.
Sorry I don't believe that the McCanns would have been able to go down to the beach and retrieve a body on the 4th May not with the whole world watching them and press all over the place.  Nor do I believe that Gerry could bury a body in wet sand and return to the Tapas Bar without looking a state and attracting suspicion. 

I think the beach theory is attractive in some ways but I can't get my head round it. Way way too risky - to bury a body somewhere and come back the next day to retrieve it - especially after you have called the PJ and are under their scrutiny. It would be hard to mark the spot in a way that wouldn't be irradicated by the tide and I suspect it would take a lot of digging.
galena

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 22.10.13 19:17

This is getting a bit gruesome sad 
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Woofer 22.10.13 19:23

Why would it have to be the next day?  Why not wait until say, 5th - 7th when low tide would be even later at nearer midnight.  Don`t they have bait diggers there who wouldn`t look out of place digging in the sand at low tide.

I must say tho` that it would be one hell of a risky business.

I personally don`t think anyone would place their newly deceased child anywhere without a covering.

Activity : 3508

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 22.10.13 19:37

galena wrote:Sorry I don't believe that the McCanns would have been able to go down to the beach and retrieve a body on the 4th May not with the whole world watching them and press all over the place.  Nor do I believe that Gerry could bury a body in wet sand and return to the Tapas Bar without looking a state and attracting suspicion. 

There was no Press at 6am May 4.
In this scenario GM did not return to Tapes Bar but to apt 5A

I think the beach theory is attractive in some ways but I can't get my head round it. Way way too risky - to bury a body somewhere and come back the next day to retrieve it - especially after you have called the PJ and are under their scrutiny. It would be hard to mark the spot in a way that wouldn't be irradicated by the tide and I suspect it would take a lot of digging.

Exactly. that's why I asked when MW came to PT and when the photo of them two was taken on the beach side.
Bold = my answer.

Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Pershing36 22.10.13 19:45

If and a big if, he was heading towards the beach is there any chance that somebody could have come up with a boat?  Portugal has some deep ocean ledges and if a body is weighed down and goes below about 200 feet it will never re-surface.

However could they really have arranged all that in that time?  I doubt it personally.
Pershing36
Pershing36

Activity : 721

Back to top Go down

Page 24 of 40 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 23, 24, 25 ... 32 ... 40  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top