The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

CRIMEWATCH ON BBC  ***Part 2 DISCUSSION**** including CRIMEWATCH UPDATE (for what it was worth) - Page 10 Mm11

CRIMEWATCH ON BBC  ***Part 2 DISCUSSION**** including CRIMEWATCH UPDATE (for what it was worth) - Page 10 Regist10
The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

CRIMEWATCH ON BBC  ***Part 2 DISCUSSION**** including CRIMEWATCH UPDATE (for what it was worth) - Page 10 Mm11

CRIMEWATCH ON BBC  ***Part 2 DISCUSSION**** including CRIMEWATCH UPDATE (for what it was worth) - Page 10 Regist10

CRIMEWATCH ON BBC ***Part 2 DISCUSSION**** including CRIMEWATCH UPDATE (for what it was worth)

Page 10 of 22 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 16 ... 22  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

CRIMEWATCH ON BBC  ***Part 2 DISCUSSION**** including CRIMEWATCH UPDATE (for what it was worth) - Page 10 Empty Re: CRIMEWATCH ON BBC ***Part 2 DISCUSSION**** including CRIMEWATCH UPDATE (for what it was worth)

Post by plebgate 01.11.13 11:13

PeterMac wrote:
ultimaThule wrote:
In the meantime, the press are enjoying themselves at the McCanns' expense and are settling old scores in the process.
I think you are spot on with that.  The ST article ended with a question, so with luck will continue in the next edition.
Can't wait.   Hope we aint disappointed this Sunday.  Mr  Mrs
plebgate

Activity : 8938

Back to top Go down

CRIMEWATCH ON BBC  ***Part 2 DISCUSSION**** including CRIMEWATCH UPDATE (for what it was worth) - Page 10 Empty Re: CRIMEWATCH ON BBC ***Part 2 DISCUSSION**** including CRIMEWATCH UPDATE (for what it was worth)

Post by Briohazard 03.11.13 3:17

Sorry, I don't know how to quote or reply to a particular comment, but the link russiandoll posted on the page before this is what I'm referring to.

Around 9-10 minutes, why does Gerry talk about their last day by the pool and refer to Madeleine wearing a dress? I was under the impression that shed had shorts and a top on that day? Can someone clarify this?

Activity : 114

Back to top Go down

Post by Briohazard 03.11.13 8:52

Briohazard wrote:Sorry, I don't know how to quote or reply to a particular comment, but the link russiandoll posted on the page before this is what I'm referring to.

Around 9-10 minutes, why does Gerry talk about their last day by the pool and refer to Madeleine wearing a dress? I was under the impression that shed had shorts and a top on that day? Can someone clarify this?
It was said at 9.47 in the link
Briohazard
Briohazard

Back to top Go down

Post by Woofer 03.11.13 11:21

Briohazard - It was the tennis court photo where she had shorts and top on.  The pool photo, she was in a pinky/apricot dress.

I`m no good at posting pics, so perhaps someone else will.
Woofer
Woofer

Activity : 3508

Back to top Go down

Post by Briohazard 03.11.13 11:31

Woofer wrote:Briohazard - It was the tennis court photo where she had shorts and top on.  The pool photo, she was in a pinky/apricot dress.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-457414/The-picture-Madeleine-Just-hours-later-gone.html I thought it looked like a top and shorts, but I'm from Australia so perhaps my interpretation of "dress" is different. Thank you though :)
Briohazard
Briohazard

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 03.11.13 11:34

Woofer wrote:Briohazard - It was the tennis court photo where she had shorts and top on.  The pool photo, she was in a pinky/apricot dress.

CRIMEWATCH ON BBC  ***Part 2 DISCUSSION**** including CRIMEWATCH UPDATE (for what it was worth) - Page 10 Madeleine1PA2405_468x550

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-457414/The-picture-Madeleine-Just-hours-later-gone.html
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Briohazard 03.11.13 11:38

candyfloss wrote:

CRIMEWATCH ON BBC  ***Part 2 DISCUSSION**** including CRIMEWATCH UPDATE (for what it was worth) - Page 10 Madeleine1PA2405_468x550

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-457414/The-picture-Madeleine-Just-hours-later-gone.html
Thank you woofer and candy floss, I stand corrected. :)
Briohazard
Briohazard

Back to top Go down

Post by chillyheat 11.11.13 23:38

Deleted
chillyheat

Activity : 884

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 11.11.13 23:42

ChillyHeat there is no need to keep opening threads when there are already threads on the subject.  Have merged your topic here.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Rufus T 16.11.13 11:10

I know this has been discussed previously, on the 1st crimewatch thread, but Gerry telling us his firstborn was almost perfect still bugs me.
It has been mentioned she may have been prem, or ventuese delivery- possibly.
It's just my first though was that the almost referred to her bring a girl - perhaps if she had been a boy she would have been perfect?

Just a though, I do know of a few fathers who have been disappointed that their firstborn was not a boy.
Rufus T
Rufus T

Activity : 312

Back to top Go down

Post by mysterion 16.11.13 13:44

Can`t imagine a father using the word "almost" about his child. Normally, a parent sees nothing but perfection in their children. Others politely agree.
mysterion

Activity : 403

Back to top Go down

CRIMEWATCH ON BBC  ***Part 2 DISCUSSION**** including CRIMEWATCH UPDATE (for what it was worth) - Page 10 Empty 28/11/13 Latest developments in Madeleine McCann Investigation

Post by Guest 17.11.13 9:56

So we are being treated to the latest developments in appeal for info on another 'crimewatch' on 28th of this month........

28/11/2013
Image for 28/11/2013Not currently available on BBC iPlayer
Duration: 1 hour

The team are live with Britain's biggest unsolved cases including, following a special appeal, the latest developments in the Madeleine McCann investigation.
Also featuring crimes caught on camera in Martin Bayfield's CCTV round up and a new collection of wanted faces.

Detectives from across the UK are in the studio ready to take your calls and there are updates on the latest cases to have been cracked thanks to Crimewatch viewers.  Show less

The team are live with Britain's biggest unsolved cases including, following a special appeal, the latest developments in the Madeleine McCann investigation

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b03k2gbr

The day after the libel trial ends!!

Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Bishop Brennan 17.11.13 11:41

candyfloss wrote:So we are being treated to the latest developments in appeal for info on another 'crimewatch' on 28th of this month........

28/11/2013

Sadly the UK whitewash appears to be going ahead as planned...  it's the Portuguese or nothing I think...    I think we can expect along these lines:  

"Inundated with responses....  amazing number of calls....   lots of new information....   very promising leads.....   please keep calling in....   closing in on some of the dodgy people we mentioned...."      

Followed by flashing up of the various efits / old pictures of Maddie, and a concerned-looking Redwood saying that they are all working so very hard.

In other words - NOTHING.  No progress of any sort.  Which is not really a surprise when you have 37 detectives all chasing wild geese down a variety of blind alleys...!
Bishop Brennan
Bishop Brennan

Activity : 920

Back to top Go down

Post by Daisy 17.11.13 13:00

Rufus T wrote:I know this has been discussed previously, on the 1st crimewatch thread, but Gerry telling us his firstborn was almost perfect still bugs me.
It has been mentioned she may have been prem, or ventuese delivery- possibly.
It's just my first though was that the almost referred to her bring a girl - perhaps if she had been a boy she would have been perfect?

Just a though, I do know of a few fathers who have been disappointed that their firstborn was not a boy.
His actual words were: "Almost Perfectly FORMED". I don't know what to make of that statement tbh.

Unknown

“And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music.” 

― Friedrich Nietzsche
Daisy
Daisy

Activity : 1312

Back to top Go down

Post by mysterion 17.11.13 15:25

To me that is sexual language I have never heard a father use about his very young daughter.
mysterion

Activity : 403

Back to top Go down

Post by notlongnow 17.11.13 15:32

Shame really as i respected CW as a worthwhile public information programme until last month.
notlongnow

Activity : 541

Back to top Go down

Post by ultimaThule 18.11.13 3:11

candyfloss wrote:So we are being treated to the latest developments in appeal for info on another 'crimewatch' on 28th of this month........

28/11/2013

The team are live with Britain's biggest unsolved cases including, following a special appeal, the latest developments in the Madeleine McCann investigation.
Also featuring crimes caught on camera in Martin Bayfield's CCTV round up and a new collection of wanted faces.

Detectives from across the UK are in the studio ready to take your calls and there are updates on the latest cases to have been cracked thanks to Crimewatch viewers.   Show less

The team are live with Britain's biggest unsolved cases including, following a special appeal, the latest developments in the Madeleine McCann investigation

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b03k2gbr

The way in which the libel trial has progressed to date doesn't inspire me with any confidence it will end on 28 November, unless the court is planning to sit through the night as well holding its customary 2 hour morning and afternoon sessions. big grin  At the rate it's been going it's unlikely to be over before Christmas, particulary if the judge grants the applications made by Dr Amaral and the McCanns.

Although Crimewatch is an hour long programme, I doubt that more than 10 minutes will be allocated to any update on the Madeleine McCann case unless there has been a spectacular development since the 'special' was aired - and with regard to that possibility, I continue to live in hope.
ultimaThule
ultimaThule

Activity : 3376

Back to top Go down

Post by russiandoll 18.11.13 10:02

re this quote by you Daisy    " "Almost Perfectly FORMED". I don't know what to make of that statement tbh.

I agree. It is an expression I would use to describe an idea, an outline of something, or to describe something manufactured, a sculpture, a work of art, a piece of furniture... a creation by hand or mind, not of a life in the womb.
   I do not read anything into the expression used by Gerry, his command of English along with most of the tapas crew , is atrocious.  Imo he is just using inappropriate words, as when he used" purported" as belonging with theories.

I do think that it is odd to say" almost perfect " about your child.
 Looking at any defects with the cool eye of one familiar with anatomy, rather than as a loving Dad.... doctor-speak. Maybe part of his character, detachment. Maddie's conception was unusual, so maybe that is why his language is the same.

The great enemy of the truth is very often not the lie — deliberate,
contrived and dishonest — but the myth — persistent, persuasive and
unrealistic.
~John F. Kennedy

russiandoll
russiandoll

Activity : 4058

Back to top Go down

Post by sallypelt 18.11.13 11:56

russiandoll wrote:re this quote by you Daisy    " "Almost Perfectly FORMED". I don't know what to make of that statement tbh.

I agree. It is an expression I would use to describe an idea, an outline of something, or to describe something manufactured, a sculpture, a work of art, a piece of furniture... a creation by hand or mind, not of a life in the womb.
   I do not read anything into the expression used by Gerry, his command of English along with most of the tapas crew , is atrocious.  Imo he is just using inappropriate words, as when he used" purported" as belonging with theories.

I do think that it is odd to say" almost perfect " about your child.
 Looking at any defects with the cool eye of one familiar with anatomy, rather than as a loving Dad.... doctor-speak. Maybe part of his character, detachment. Maddie's conception was unusual, so maybe that is why his language is the same.
My thoughts on GM's statement "almost perfect" is that if Madeleine was born with some condition then there will be many people in the medical profession and other organisations, that will know about it. Hence, GM's statement. But I have to question why he would need to mention it at all. Why not say something along the lines of "we loved her from the moment she entered the world". No need to explain if she was "perfect" or not.
sallypelt

Activity : 5319

Back to top Go down

Post by Penfold 18.11.13 12:08

But according to Kate in 'the book' there is/was one area of Madeleine's anatomy that was 'perfect'.
Penfold

Activity : 144

Back to top Go down

Post by russiandoll 18.11.13 12:21

Maybe Kate did see her child as perfect all over and would have described all parts of her with this adjective.. perfect ten little fingers and toes amongst others.

Don't get me wrong, the p129 stuff made me cringe in a big way, I was stunned to read that. One area of her body which should not have been mentioned in the book, no matter Kate's fears and nightmare imaginings. Very unwise.

I will not be surprised to learn of a medical condition, but that is a private matter unless it is part of the police investigation. I also would not be surprised to learn that Maddie's  parents diagnosed, prescribed and treated her for minor ailments, however much that is frowned upon as bad practice.
 Serious problems, she would without doubt have been referred to a specialist.

The great enemy of the truth is very often not the lie — deliberate,
contrived and dishonest — but the myth — persistent, persuasive and
unrealistic.
~John F. Kennedy

russiandoll
russiandoll

Activity : 4058

Back to top Go down

Post by Woburn_exile 18.11.13 15:13

Serious problems, she would without doubt have been referred to a specialist.

Such as being a difficult child with sleeping issues?

Woburn_exile
Woburn_exile

Activity : 251

Back to top Go down

Post by MrsC 18.11.13 15:23

Daisy wrote:
His actual words were: "Almost Perfectly FORMED". I don't know what to make of that statement tbh.
Perhaps he was thinking of her eye condition?

The measure of a man's real character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out...

Thomas Babington Macaulay
MrsC
MrsC

Activity : 413

Back to top Go down

Post by secrets and lies 18.11.13 15:31

It would be very tempting to think that every slip of the tongue or odd sounding phrase uttered by GM is a clue to what really hapened.

It often appears that way.
secrets and lies
secrets and lies

Activity : 180

Back to top Go down

Post by Jackie Regan 18.11.13 15:36

MrsC wrote:
Daisy wrote:
Perhaps he was thinking of her eye condition?
Here is what I think FWIW.

I think Gerry throws in something like this so as forums like this will try and read into it little things.

I don't think it means anything at all ..I just think he likes to add little bits and pieces here and there that he knows the ANTIS will jump on.

Of course there is plenty the MCs have said that they probably rather wish they hadn't..but I feel this is just another distraction simply created for a ripple effect to deflect from real issues.
Jackie Regan
Jackie Regan

Activity : 40

Back to top Go down

Page 10 of 22 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 16 ... 22  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top