The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

LIBEL TRIAL DISCUSSION HERE   - Page 27 Mm11

LIBEL TRIAL DISCUSSION HERE   - Page 27 Regist10
The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

LIBEL TRIAL DISCUSSION HERE   - Page 27 Mm11

LIBEL TRIAL DISCUSSION HERE   - Page 27 Regist10

LIBEL TRIAL DISCUSSION HERE

Page 27 of 40 Previous  1 ... 15 ... 26, 27, 28 ... 33 ... 40  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

LIBEL TRIAL DISCUSSION HERE   - Page 27 Empty Basil Fawlty

Post by Prehensile 21.09.13 11:58

AP – They were surprised with the book because the final Report said they were innocent.
GP – Have you read the final report?
AP says "no".
GP – How do you know then what its conclusions are?
AP because the McCann's told me so you stupid man.

Obviously I have edited the last line but when I read this John Cleese sprung to mind.
Prehensile

Activity : 72

Back to top Go down

LIBEL TRIAL DISCUSSION HERE   - Page 27 Empty Re: LIBEL TRIAL DISCUSSION HERE

Post by jeanmonroe 21.09.13 12:08

AP:  doesn't understand how the book could be published, considers that it was 'a violation of the secret'.

And this from a Counsellor who had no trouble violating client-counsellor confidentiality (secret) by revealing to the world, in open court, albeit years after his client herself had told the whole world, about his client wanting to 'whoosh clunk' ALL the remaining members of her family.
jeanmonroe

Activity : 7756

Back to top Go down

Post by Liz Eagles 21.09.13 12:15

jeanmonroe wrote:AP:  doesn't understand how the book could be published, considers that it was 'a violation of the secret'.

And this from a Counsellor who had no trouble violating client-counsellor confidentiality (secret) by revealing to the world, in open court, albeit years after his client herself had told the whole world, about his client wanting to 'whoosh clunk' ALL the remaining members of her family.
It's my understanding from the testimony text provided by Anne Guedes that AP was given permission by KM to speak and therefore didn't break client confidentiality.
Liz Eagles
Liz Eagles

Activity : 13387

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanmonroe 21.09.13 12:23

aquila wrote:
jeanmonroe wrote:AP:  doesn't understand how the book could be published, considers that it was 'a violation of the secret'.

It's my understanding from the testimony text provided by Anne Guedes that AP was given permission by KM to speak and therefore didn't break client confidentiality.
OK thanks.

But thinking back he wouldn't have broken it, would he?
Kate McCann had ALREADY told the whole world years before!

Still hope that the twins don't accidentally find out she wanted them 'gone' too.
jeanmonroe

Back to top Go down

Post by ShuBob 21.09.13 12:53

Why was Kate keen to spread Amaral's thesis by translating his book and distributing it? Was it so she could bring those very people she had afforded copies of the book to later act as witnesses at such a trial? What goes on in these people's heads?
ShuBob

Activity : 1983

Back to top Go down

Post by ShuBob 21.09.13 13:00

aquila wrote:

Indeed but I question if a true professional who had the interest of his client at heart and the potential damage such a revelation would cause to her young children would really have obliged to reveal such confidential information? Unless he really isn't and is just saying what he's being paid to say. That makes sense.

Poor Maddie. Poor Sean and Amelie. I'm afraid I don't see a bright future for those kids 😢 
ShuBob

Back to top Go down

Post by Praiaaa 21.09.13 13:02

Al very sad, this effect the book supposedly had on Kate - but what does it have to with the central issue, ie is it or insn't it libellous? Why does the judge allow all this guff from 'witnesses' that is completely irrelevant to the point?
Praiaaa

Activity : 497

Back to top Go down

Post by Liz Eagles 21.09.13 13:06

ShuBob wrote:
aquila wrote:

Indeed but I question if a true professional who had the interest of his client at heart and the potential damage such a revelation would cause to her young children would really have obliged to reveal such confidential information? Unless he really isn't and is just saying what he's being paid to say. That makes sense.

Poor Maddie. Poor Sean and Amelie. I'm afraid I don't see a bright future for those kids 😢 
The credentials of all the 'professional' witnesses will no doubt have already been submitted to the  Court. I hope that these credentials have been examined.

and Shubob, you're right poor kids.
Liz Eagles
Liz Eagles

Back to top Go down

Post by Sceneset 21.09.13 13:19

Just some additional information re Tigger's post

It is an offence for someone who is not in the appropriate section of the HPC - UK register ( and I can't find Pike under any heading) to provide clinical, counselling, educational, forensic, occupational, health, sport and exercise services without being registered and the required level of qualification for entry for clinical and counselling is a professional Doctorate...
Sceneset

Activity : 68

Back to top Go down

Post by Woofer 21.09.13 13:20

Praiaaa wrote:Al very sad, this effect the book supposedly had on Kate - but what does it have to with the central issue, ie  is it or insn't it libellous? Why does the judge allow all this guff from 'witnesses' that is completely irrelevant to the point?
That`s what I don`t get.

It seems this claim is just being made because the book `upset` them and prevented the search.

It all seems pointless to me when their own theory of abduction is not proved.

How can this claim proceed on an unproven theory.

The judge even allowed Alan Pike`s wording of `abduction`, when this is merely the claimant`s theory.

Activity : 3508

Back to top Go down

Post by tigger 21.09.13 13:32

Woofer wrote:
Praiaaa wrote:Al very sad, this effect the book supposedly had on Kate - but what does it have to with the central issue, ie  is it or insn't it libellous? Why does the judge allow all this guff from 'witnesses' that is completely irrelevant to the point?
That`s what I don`t get.

It seems this claim is just being made because the book `upset` them and prevented the search.

The judge even allowed Alan Pike`s wording of `abduction`, when this is merely the claimant`s theory.
But they didn't even search themselves when they had the chance!  Nothing and nobody was stopping them and the sat Dow to delete calls from their mobiles and then made something in the region of 50 calls to family and friends. Then they slept for an hour or so!
How? If my cat was missing I'd not be able to sleep and deleting calls from my mobile would be pretty far down the list.
Whilst making all those calls they could have been looking and calling for her - but they diidn't. :bad:

Activity : 8532

http://fytton.blogspot.nl/

Back to top Go down

Post by tiny 21.09.13 13:34

tigger wrote:
Woofer wrote:
That`s what I don`t get.

But they didn't even search themselves when they had the chance!

I worry about this judge:sad:
tiny
tiny

Activity : 2311

Back to top Go down

Post by ShuBob 21.09.13 13:37

tiny wrote:
tigger wrote:
Woofer wrote:
That`s what I don`t get.

But they didn't even search themselves when they had the chance!

I worry about this judge:sad:
I don't. She seems to have read both Amaral's book and the archiving dispatch which is a good thing. I expect she would give a very detailed explanation of whatever judgement she reaches.
ShuBob

Back to top Go down

Post by Woofer 21.09.13 13:39

Sceneset wrote:Just some additional information re Tigger's post

It is an offence for someone who is not in the appropriate section of the HPC - UK register ( and I can't find Pike under any heading) to provide clinical, counselling, educational, forensic, occupational, health, sport and exercise services without being registered and the required level of qualification for entry for clinical and counselling is a professional Doctorate...
Interesting Sceneset.  Perhaps he should be reported -  that`s if he`s required to be a member.

http://www.hcpc-uk.org/landing/?id=4

Do all therapists have to be registered though?

Perhaps he is a member of the UKCP (UK Council for Psychotherapy) or the BACP (British Association for Counselling & Therapy)

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 21.09.13 13:42

Has his LinkedIn profile been posted yet?

http://uk.linkedin.com/in/alanpikeccp
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Woofer 21.09.13 13:45

All I`m saying is this Judge should have thrown the case out at the beginning because it is based on an UNPROVEN theory.

Anyone could make up a theory, have someone else disagree, then sue them because they disagreed.

The FOUNDATION for their case is NOT PROVED.

Back to top Go down

Post by Woofer 21.09.13 13:49

No Fate Worse Than De'Ath wrote:Has his LinkedIn profile been posted yet?

Thanks NFWTD.

No, he`s not a member of any of the accrediting organisations - all his memberships would be listed on Linkedin and none are.

Last line deleted could be libelous
Woofer
Woofer

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 21.09.13 13:57

Good heavens - what a shock that the McCanns have another suspect under-qualified character attaching himself to their cause!  

You could have knocked me down with a feather.

P.S. I wonder what the intrepid Mr Pike was doing between 1989 and 1999? Nothing according to his profile!
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Liz Eagles 21.09.13 14:00

No Fate Worse Than De'Ath wrote:Has his LinkedIn profile been posted yet?

Thank you NFWTD,

I made a long post this morning regarding AP's 'length of service' so to speak and his response in the Lisbon court when questioned on this. Now I find the linkedin profile also doesn't correlate to the responses given to the court.

Perhaps Anne Guedes has made a typo when AP responds to the judge saying he has been with CCP for 7 years. I hope Anne is not offended by this suggestion but it would be extremely helpful to clarify this point as I feel it is of importance.

Thank you Anne Guedes for your transcripts.

Sir Winston Churchill: “Diplomacy is the art of telling people to go to hell in such a way that they ask for directions.”
Liz Eagles
Liz Eagles

Back to top Go down

Post by Newintown 21.09.13 14:09

aiyoyo wrote:
russiandoll wrote:AP says the activities and reactions of Gonçalo Amaral were unpleasant and distressing. At that time it was very difficult to tolerate his campaign of trashing the McCann's reputation.

There should be OBJECTIVE, DISPASSIONATE AND CLINICAL ASSESSMENT, BECAUSE THIS WITNESS HAS BROUGHT UP SUICIDE.

The above is hearsay, he is merely quoting what he has been told about a person's emotions, he is not giving an expert professional opinion.

WHERE ARE THE MEDICAL NOTES AND PSYCHIATRIC REPORTS ?
Trashing's mccanns' reputation?  He's bothering on libelous Amaral.

What a difference some coaching makes hey?

Have no doubt he'd some coaching from Kate and ID.  
aiyoyo

I hope you don't mind me correcting your post but should that line read -

He's bordering on libeling Amaral.

I just wanted to put that right in case AG's lawyer is reading the forum.  smilie

"Never trust an eyewitness whose memory gets better over time"

Newintown
Newintown

Activity : 1622

Back to top Go down

Post by plebgate 21.09.13 14:18

I would be surprised if Mr. A and his lawyers had not included in their evidence that Mrs. has said/written (reportedly) that she wanted Mr. A. to feel fear.  

Now if the Judge is aware of this, I wonder if  during her summing up, she finds that this action was vexatious and did not show that Mr. A. had damaged the search for Maddie.

Nowt so funny as the law, but we shall keep our fingers crossed.

Edited to change wording second sentence.
plebgate

Activity : 8938

Back to top Go down

Post by Newintown 21.09.13 14:22

"Giving them enough rope to hang themseves" comes to mind!

They are saying things that may not look favourable in the final summing up.

Newintown
Newintown

Activity : 1622

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanmonroe 21.09.13 14:25

Newintown wrote:

They are SAYING things that nobody has a clue about!

What did their mate Laurie Leveson say?
"Never trust an eyewitness whose memory gets better over time, especially when he has a book to sell," said Laurie Levenson, a professor at the Loyola Law School in Los Angeles and a seasoned observer of celebrity-related legal cases

jeanmonroe

Back to top Go down

Post by plebgate 21.09.13 14:28

jeanmonroe wrote:
Newintown wrote:

Theyare SAYING things that nobody has a clue about!

What did their mate Justice Leveson say?

"Never trust a witness whose memory gets better over time" OSLT.
and by heck folks WE DON'T. titter titter 

plebgate

Activity : 8938

Back to top Go down

Post by aiyoyo 21.09.13 14:29

Newintown wrote:
aiyoyo wrote:
russiandoll wrote:AP says the activities and reactions of Gonçalo Amaral were unpleasant and distressing. At that time it was very difficult to tolerate his campaign of trashing the McCann's reputation.

There should be OBJECTIVE, DISPASSIONATE AND CLINICAL ASSESSMENT, BECAUSE THIS WITNESS HAS BROUGHT UP SUICIDE.

The above is hearsay, he is merely quoting what he has been told about a person's emotions, he is not giving an expert professional opinion.

WHERE ARE THE MEDICAL NOTES AND PSYCHIATRIC REPORTS ?
Trashing's mccanns' reputation?  He's bothering on libelous Amaral.

What a difference some coaching makes hey?

Have no doubt he'd some coaching from Kate and ID.  
aiyoyo

I hope you don't mind me correcting your post but should that line read -

He's bordering on libeling Amaral.

I just wanted to put that right in case AG's lawyer is reading the forum.  smilie
No prob.
I often suffer that - mind and fingers not in synch. Dont know the correct term to call that.
aiyoyo
aiyoyo

Activity : 10084

Back to top Go down

Page 27 of 40 Previous  1 ... 15 ... 26, 27, 28 ... 33 ... 40  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top