The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

LIBEL TRIAL DISCUSSION HERE    - Page 13 Mm11

LIBEL TRIAL DISCUSSION HERE    - Page 13 Regist10
The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

LIBEL TRIAL DISCUSSION HERE    - Page 13 Mm11

LIBEL TRIAL DISCUSSION HERE    - Page 13 Regist10

LIBEL TRIAL DISCUSSION HERE

Page 13 of 40 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 26 ... 40  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

LIBEL TRIAL DISCUSSION HERE    - Page 13 Empty Re: LIBEL TRIAL DISCUSSION HERE

Post by Newintown 12.09.13 16:42

Woofer wrote:
ShuBob wrote:Is there a possibility the McCanns' witnesses weren't cross-examined or is Brunty being devious by only reporting one side of the story?
Brunty should have stated that they weren`t cross examined if that`s the case.  Surely they should have been cross examined by the respondent`s lawyer while they were in the box under oath.  But not sure how these courts work.
Perhaps that will come tomorrow if GA is scheduled to appear with his lawyer and witnesses, hoping so anyway.

Wishing GA well through such a terrible ordeal which has been brought on by two parents who have made £millions through the neglect of their children.

"Never trust an eyewitness whose memory gets better over time"

Newintown
Newintown

Activity : 1622

Back to top Go down

Post by Cristobell 12.09.13 16:45

Apparently Emma Loach's own mccann documentary was shown in Portugal, but had a much smaller audience.
Cristobell

Activity : 2552

Back to top Go down

Post by tasprin 12.09.13 16:46

Woofer wrote:
ShuBob wrote:Is there a possibility the McCanns' witnesses weren't cross-examined or is Brunty being devious by only reporting one side of the story?
Brunty should have stated that they weren`t cross examined if that`s the case.  Surely they should have been cross examined by the respondent`s lawyer while they were in the box under oath.  But not sure how these courts work.
The McCann witnesses are either not being cross-examined or they are but it's not being reported. Whatever the truth is, you can be sure that these witnesses words will be front page news tomorrow.
tasprin

Activity : 896

Back to top Go down

Post by tiny 12.09.13 16:47

Brunty wont say a bad word about the mccanns, he like the rest of the media are all for k and g and not for Madeleine
tiny
tiny

Activity : 2311

Back to top Go down

Post by ShuBob 12.09.13 16:49

tiny wrote:Brunty wont say a bad word about the mccanns, he like the rest of the media are all for k and g and not for Madeleine
No one is asking for his opinion. All we ask is for the truth to be reported. IMO, it's better to keep schtum than to give a biased or downright inaccurate report.
ShuBob

Activity : 1983

Back to top Go down

Post by Newintown 12.09.13 16:56

tiny wrote:Brunty wont say a bad word about the mccanns, he like the rest of the media are all for k and g and not for Madeleine
Yes, he's just looking after his own interests and his Sky salary, he knows the Madeleine story keeps his huge salary paid into the bank year after year, so he's not going to bite the hand that feeds him.

Newintown
Newintown

Back to top Go down

Post by tiny 12.09.13 16:58

ShuBob wrote:
No one is asking for his opinion. All we ask is for the truth to be reported. IMO, it's better to keep schtum than to give a biased or downright inaccurate report.
no one said about Brunty opinion,but all we have is him tweeting and I wouldn't be at all supprised he,s not tweeting all that is going on there.
we are not getting the full run down of events,ie are the witnesses being x examined and what are their replys.
tiny
tiny

Back to top Go down

Post by russiandoll 12.09.13 17:05

not on Brunt's twitter feed, but all over twitter that he has made another faux pas.......I did not hear it, allegedly he said " when Maddie died "

The great enemy of the truth is very often not the lie — deliberate,
contrived and dishonest — but the myth — persistent, persuasive and
unrealistic.
~John F. Kennedy

russiandoll
russiandoll

Activity : 4058

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 12.09.13 17:06

martinbrunt@skymartinbrunt 2m
#madeleine Loach: TV bosses wouldn't let me use use the word "abduction" in my documentary because McCanns were still suspects.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by aiyoyo 12.09.13 17:06

Thus far the witnesses have  not touched on the factual contents of Amaral's book.  
They did not come up with anything to counter the factual contents of the book.
All Emma and Hubbard said so far was that the popularity of the book and documentary have devastated the mccanns, that's all.
So maybe there's nothing for the other party's lawyer to cross examine.

Notice how they've not said anything of substance to support the Mccanns claims.

What has book sale and documentary rating that they claimed turned public opinion against them got anything to do with the factual contents in the book that is the process of the investigation?  Notice how none of their witness so far dares dispute the process of the investigation.

aiyoyo
aiyoyo

Activity : 10084

Back to top Go down

Post by maebee 12.09.13 17:08

Loach: TV documentary later made things worse because more than 2 million people watched it.
There will be another 2 million searching for it online now.
maebee
maebee
Madeleine Foundation

Activity : 682

Back to top Go down

Post by tasprin 12.09.13 17:09

candyfloss wrote:martinbrunt@skymartinbrunt 2m
#madeleine Loach: TV bosses wouldn't let me use use the word "abduction" in my documentary because McCanns were still suspects.
But the documentary was 2009. A year after their arguido status was lifted
tasprin

Activity : 896

Back to top Go down

Post by aiyoyo 12.09.13 17:09

Not quite true.

Not that long ago, he did tweet the Yard is investigating the murder of...... Remember ?
aiyoyo
aiyoyo

Back to top Go down

Post by Newintown 12.09.13 17:11

russiandoll wrote:not on Brunt's twitter feed, but all over twitter that he has made another faux pas.......I did not hear it, allegedly he said " when Maddie died "
He said that about a month ago when he was reporting from PDL but there was nothing happening there at the time, he got there, I would assume, hoping a story was going to break but nothing happened.

Newintown
Newintown

Back to top Go down

Post by windchime 12.09.13 17:13

The comments on the Yahoo news page are now up to 1343 and I cannot find one yet in support of these two.   Most people are shocked that they are trying to claim £1 million and say they should have been locked up in the first place - I feel that the McCanns may have pushed themselves one step too far this time - public sympathy is waning!!

I have my fingers so tightly crossed for a good outcome for GA!!
windchime
windchime

Activity : 140

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanmonroe 12.09.13 17:16

The old adage that all publicity is GOOD.

Well Ol' Mother Hubbard and Ms Loach have certainly done an excellent job of publicity for GA's book haven't they?

Probably be sold out, again, tomorrow!

Loach: "TV bosses wouldn't let me use use the word "abduction" in my documentary because McCanns were still suspects."

They were never 'suspects' they were arguida/arguido which is 'person of interest'

Do you homework tonight Emma, ready for tomorrow.

Don't forget to mention GA's book in your evidence.

Tell Dave 'Grabbit' Edgar to do the same.
Thankyou.

jeanmonroe

Activity : 7756

Back to top Go down

Post by tiny 12.09.13 17:27

martinbrunt@skymartinbrunt 4m
#madeleine Documentary producer Emma Loach, friend of MCcanns, said Amaral's book and TV prog based on it had "devastating" effect on them.

some one ought to tell ms loach that Mr Amarals tv prog was based on the TRUTH and that's why the mccanns were devasted,and that her doc was based on LIES.
tiny
tiny

Back to top Go down

Post by Ayniia 12.09.13 17:30

From Portuguese press translated with Google and some spelling corrections by me.
http://www.lux.iol.pt/nacionais/kate-mccann-mae-julgamento-maddie-mccan-desaparecida-goncalo-amaral/1489048-4996.html

" Kate McCann is in Portugal to watch the start of the trial of Gonçalo Amaral. Parents of child who disappeared in the Algarve in May 2007 are accusing the former PJ Inspector of defamation.
While her husband, Gerry, is in England with the children, twins Sean and Amelie, Kate traveled to Portugal with her mother, Susan Healey. According to the newspaper 'Daily Express', the couple's lawyer requested that one of them was present at the trial.
In the book "The Truth of the Lie", Gonçalo Amaral, who accompanied the investigation until October 2007, accused Kate and Gerry McCann of being involved in their daughter's disappearance. However, the couple always denied the charges and claimed damages in the amount of one million pounds, claiming that the thesis of the detective was detrimental to the process."

"My advice to any British tourist ,please come to Portugal,please come to the Algarve but if you're coming as a family holiday treat it as a family holiday and do things together, don't leave the kids"
Words from an ExPat Algarve resident
Ayniia
Ayniia

Activity : 586

Back to top Go down

Post by aiyoyo 12.09.13 17:33

candyfloss wrote:martinbrunt@skymartinbrunt 2m
This is aimed at the other Respondent listed in the case, the TV station.

Whereas before the UK public did not know the Mccanns were still viewed as suspects despite the lift of arguido status post shelving, thanks to Ms Loach, the UK public now know. Another own goal.

I cant wait for the solicitor Augus Bride and Dave Edgar the PI to come on. I wonder what they've to say ,,,,,

None of Gerry's outspoken family members is there which speaks volume.
They know the train is coming towards Kate but they left her to it. I suspect Kate & Gerry families are spilt into two camps, no longer standing united.

aiyoyo
aiyoyo

Back to top Go down

Post by Angelique 12.09.13 17:36

I don't know what to think really about the witnesses, Hubbard and Loach. I think they are scripted statements.

I can't help feeling that these statements are for a purpose. As though CR has a "positive and negative" list which has been weighed up to have a certain effect. I could understand it if it was in the UK the papers love to splash this all over. But in Portugal its slightly different I hope. I do think that it was strategy that only Kate arrived with Mrs Hubbard and Emma Loach. It will gain sympathy, also that she has the religious aspect covered, the fact that they are three women also has an affect.

Activity : 1460

Back to top Go down

Post by Ribisl 12.09.13 17:40

aiyoyo wrote:None of Gerry's outspoken family members is there which speaks volume.  
They know the train is coming towards Kate but they left her to it.  I suspect Kate & Gerry families are spilt into two camps, no longer standing united.
It's curious for Gerry to abandon her at this stage. It certainly feels like end game for Kate.

Activity : 858

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 12.09.13 17:41

martinbrunt@skymartinbrunt 4m
#madeleine Loach: McCanns have to monitor Internet use of twins Seam and Amelie to stop them finding out about book and Port TV documentary.

Goodness me, they won't be able to monitor them forever.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by suzyjohnson 12.09.13 17:41

Witnesses for the McCann's state that the couple appeared devastated by Amaral's claims that the parents were involved in a cover up? Yes, well, whichever way you look at it, they would be wouldn't they.

Witnesses also say that the McCann's were upset because they didn't want people to believe that MM had died in the apartment, they wanted people to continue looking for her. Yes, well, whichever way you look at it, they would wouldn't they.

suzyjohnson

Activity : 1542

Back to top Go down

Post by Woofer 12.09.13 17:47

suzyjohnson wrote:Witnesses for the McCann's state that the couple appeared devastated by Amaral's claims that the parents were involved in a cover up? Yes, well, whichever way you look at it, they would be wouldn't they.

Witnesses also say that the McCann's were upset because they didn't want people to believe that MM had died in the apartment, they wanted people to continue looking for her. Yes, well, whichever way you look at it, they would wouldn't they.
Yes, I`d be totally devastated if someone had sussed me out aaagh
Woofer
Woofer

Activity : 3508

Back to top Go down

Post by Penfold 12.09.13 17:50

candyfloss wrote:martinbrunt@skymartinbrunt 4m
#madeleine Loach: McCanns have to monitor Internet use of twins Seam and Amelie to stop them finding out about book and Port TV documentary.

Goodness me, they won't be able to monitor them forever.
 I suspect the twins will have to be kept in a plastic bubble - no TV, no newspapers, no playground gossip. Impossible to shield them from the facts.
Penfold

Activity : 144

Back to top Go down

Page 13 of 40 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 26 ... 40  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top