The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

LIBEL TRIAL DISCUSSION HERE    - Page 12 Mm11

LIBEL TRIAL DISCUSSION HERE    - Page 12 Regist10
The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

LIBEL TRIAL DISCUSSION HERE    - Page 12 Mm11

LIBEL TRIAL DISCUSSION HERE    - Page 12 Regist10

LIBEL TRIAL DISCUSSION HERE

Page 12 of 40 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 26 ... 40  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

LIBEL TRIAL DISCUSSION HERE    - Page 12 Empty Re: LIBEL TRIAL DISCUSSION HERE

Post by Newintown 12.09.13 15:58

Hicks wrote:
Newintown wrote:
Cristobell wrote:
sallypelt wrote:Live on SKY News: Kate isn't here YET
I think he said Kate's mother isn't here yet Sally.

Well what a bizarre report that was, I've really no idea what the point of it was.  They must have done a longer interview with Isabel than that so why clip it to a few seconds of her talking about Amaral hiding his money.  

Why employ a 28k a year spokesman who has naff all to say when you need him most?

Oerr, I am squirming as we watch this unfold.  I almost feel sorry for Kate, but perhaps we are beginning to see the driving force behind the continued madness.  No matter what we think of Kate, it has taken some guts to go out there and face what could have been a hostile crowd.  If will be interesting to see if she gives an interview on the steps of the Court at the end of day?
Well don't, think about what she and her vanished other half have done to GA and his family instead, and to Madeleine and to the twins.  She and GM have brought this whole thing upon themselves through their sheer hatred of GA as he was probably very near to exposing all their lies; and their sheer greed for more and more money, if she had to face a hostile crowd, so be it.  If she wins she will be £1m better off and will be laughing all the way to the bank, with ill gotten gains. She will not lose any sleep over GA, after all she didn't lose any sleep over Madeleine.
Quite newintown, Mr Amaral does not look well.

I feel sorry for GM, he has lost so much by just trying to do his job led only by the evidence that confronted him.

I am praying that he will win this trial and those money grabbers will leave empty handed.

BTW, does anyone else think it strange that Mrs McCann's other half is not there in Portugal to hold her hand?
It is reported that GM has work commitments-really? would nobody cover for him in light of what's going on now? Also, he has to look after the twins, it has never bothered the MC'S before leaving them with others.
There are rumours on another forum that K & G have split up (admin please delete this line if not appropriate) which could account for her being left fighting for one million quid on her own.

I would have thought that the McCanns were told some time ago about the Court dates.  I can't believe that Gerry McCann has been left to look after the twins, what a feeble excuse.   The twins are at school all day, no doubt with endless nannies coming and going to feed them their breakfast and dinners as probably has been the case since they were born. 

Has Kate been left in the sh*t to go it alone as Gerry now has other interests to fill his life.

"Never trust an eyewitness whose memory gets better over time"

Newintown
Newintown

Activity : 1622

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 12.09.13 16:01

aiyoyo wrote:
Portia wrote:In a case when one of either parties in litigation requests for the case to be heard behind closed doors, a/o with the media excluded, it is usual for the Court to ask for the other sides opinion on that.

If the other party also wants it heard behind closed doors, the Court will most likely order doors closed.

If the other party disagrees however, chances are there will be public hearings.

This raises the question, why the McCs would be so ill advised as to reject the cloak of deniability, both regarding their own witnesses as re Dr Amarals.

All very unusual, from a legal point of view IMO
Say, if they knew their chances are low, then they know bad or adverse press now will just play into their hands for future use against another trial.

Could be: they could try to claim that it's become impossible to hear criminal litigation against them unbiased. Personally, I'm not holding my breath that there will be a criminal case against them. The only thing that would matter to them would be salvaging their reputation; but that is best done in a closed court, just the final agreement or decision to be bandied about. If possible. 
I expect some histrionics: KH fainting on the steps of the Court a/o her ignoring/accosting/attacking Dr Amaral in full view of the public, or what have you.
Also please note that, although she will apparently not be heard as a witness -under oath!- she may very well be allowed to speak up as the injured party. Not on oath but, when in tears and rolling on the floor of the courtroom, potentially just as effective and difficult to erase from memory. Even a well balanced Judges memory. I bet we're in for a lot of nasty little surprises yet.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by tasprin 12.09.13 16:02

candyfloss wrote:
tasprin wrote:
aiyoyo wrote:
Portia wrote:In a case when one of either parties in litigation requests for the case to be heard behind closed doors, a/o with the media excluded, it is usual for the Court to ask for the other sides opinion on that.

If the other party also wants it heard behind closed doors, the Court will most likely order doors closed.

If the other party disagrees however, chances are there will be public hearings.

This raises the question, why the McCs would be so ill advised as to reject the cloak of deniability, both regarding their own witnesses as re Dr Amarals.

Say, if they knew their chances are low, then they know bad or adverse press now will just play into their hands for future use against another trial.

Yes it's odd that Duarte said she would fight Amaral's request for a closed court when she knows Scotland Yard (really?) advised them to stay at home and avoid a media circus. (I think they love a good old media circus. As long as it's on their terms, they wouldn't miss it for the world)
Did she actually say she would fight the request?  Or did the Judge decide to allow the media and turn down Mr Amaral's request.
Yes she did, Candyfloss

Telegraph

Isabel Duarte, lawyer for the McCanns said she would fight to get Mr Amaral's petition for a closed hearing rejected.

"He doesn't have a case," she told The Daily Telegraph outside court. "I am confident that we can win this point." (and she obviously won)

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/newstopics/madeleinemccann/10304279/Ex-Madeleine-McCann-police-chief-seeks-to-ban-media-from-1m-libel-trial.html
tasprin

Activity : 896

Back to top Go down

Post by Humanist 12.09.13 16:06

I am only on page 17 but I just had to speak.
So overwhelming was my pity for this woman that she literally has been left the last one on view.
Gerry McCann, Clarence Mitchell, evvvvverrrrrryyyyyooooone has abandoned her expect for the motley
crew who must love her very much to go through with this farce.
Ouch -  Many heads should be rolling right now but hers is the only one that will get the chop.

I want Truth and Justice and yet I cannot help but experience empathy right now.
Humanist

Activity : 68

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 12.09.13 16:06

Thank you Tasprin

From Brunty......

martinbrunt@skymartinbrunt 4m
#madeleine Documentary producer Emma Loach, friend of MCcanns, said Amaral's book and TV prog based on it had "devastating" effect on them.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by susible 12.09.13 16:07

Brunty's gone a bit quiet, has he maybe realised that the evidence thus far is making the case worse for the McCanns..edit that, see he's just tweeted again..

Portia, weirdly enough I had a thought flash across my mind about 10 mins ago that Kate might actually physically attack Snr Amaral, she's probably unhinged enough to do that.  Hopefully not though, that would be incredibly unpleasant, not just for Snr Amaral, but particularly for her remaining children
susible

Activity : 338

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 12.09.13 16:08

#madeleine Loach: "Kate realised the people she needed help from now thought Madeleine was dead and they were implicated."

martinbrunt@skymartinbrunt 2m
#madeleine Loach: book was published 3 days after Port police closed case saying no evidence of McCann involvement and "destroyed all that."
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 12.09.13 16:09

martinbrunt@skymartinbrunt 1m
#madeleine Loach: TV documentary later made things worse because more than 2 million people watched it.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by aiyoyo 12.09.13 16:12

candyfloss wrote:martinbrunt@skymartinbrunt 2m
#madeleine Hubbard: actors who played Kate and Gerry in Portuguese documentary portrayed them after M vanished as "crazy, heavy drinkers"
Documentary is supposed to make people think and that's just her interpretation of a certain scene.

Ye Gawk, she must have left her brain in the freezer at home.
aiyoyo
aiyoyo

Activity : 10084

Back to top Go down

Post by ShuBob 12.09.13 16:14

What about the document Loach made which contained blatant lies/inaccuracies about the Smiths' sighting? roll 
ShuBob

Activity : 1983

Back to top Go down

Post by aiyoyo 12.09.13 16:14

candyfloss wrote:martinbrunt@skymartinbrunt 1m
#madeleine Loach: TV documentary later made things worse because more than 2 million people watched it.
Loach is the documentary-maker for the Mccanns' side isn't it?  Did her version not have any audience?

Isnt that the whole point of a documentary?
aiyoyo
aiyoyo

Back to top Go down

Post by tiny 12.09.13 16:15

#madeleine Loach: "Kate realised the people she needed help from now thought Madeleine was dead and they were implicated."

any idea who k needed help from,blimey the genral public swelled their coffers to a tidy sum,she had enough money to hire the BEST P I,s to find Madeleine
so who else was she expecting help from
tiny
tiny

Activity : 2311

Back to top Go down

Post by ShuBob 12.09.13 16:15

I really hope Amaral's lawyer is on the ball and call these witnesses out.
ShuBob

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 12.09.13 16:17

tasprin wrote:
candyfloss wrote:
tasprin wrote:
aiyoyo wrote:

Yes it's odd that Duarte said she would fight Amaral's request for a closed court when she knows Scotland Yard (really?) advised them to stay at home and avoid a media circus. (I think they love a good old media circus. As long as it's on their terms, they wouldn't miss it for the world)
Did she actually say she would fight the request?  Or did the Judge decide to allow the media and turn down Mr Amaral's request.
Yes she did, Candyfloss

Telegraph

Isabel Duarte, lawyer for the McCanns said she would fight to get Mr Amaral's petition for a closed hearing rejected.

"He doesn't have a case," she told The Daily Telegraph outside court. "I am confident that we can win this point."

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/newstopics/madeleinemccann/10304279/Ex-Madeleine-McCann-police-chief-seeks-to-ban-media-from-1m-libel-trial.html
What an ill-advised assertion! 

Dr Amaral after all only sought to guard Madeleines privacy/interests by advocating not having all witness material unchecked exposed to all and sundry. He's a doctor of Law, very well placed to judge what would have been in a living Maddies best interests. 

How very very odd for mistress Isabel then, to state that you are confident of 'winning' the full publicity for potentially negative information about a living child and on your fragile client. 

Negative? Look no further: as witnessed by the bevy of own goals from mother Hubbard on day One
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by aiyoyo 12.09.13 16:19

candyfloss wrote:martinbrunt@skymartinbrunt 1m
IF this is the quality of Kate's witnesses to support all her claims in the charges.....my goodness...wait till Amaral's heavy weight ones come on.

Where's Marinho Pinto and Marcos - at the one point they were rumoured to be witnesses for the mccanns. Wonder what happened?
aiyoyo
aiyoyo

Back to top Go down

Post by aiyoyo 12.09.13 16:24

Portia wrote:
tasprin wrote:
candyfloss wrote:
tasprin wrote:
aiyoyo wrote:

Yes she did, Candyfloss

Telegraph

"He doesn't have a case," she told The Daily Telegraph outside court. "I am confident that we can win this point."

What an ill-advised assertion! 

Dr Amaral after all only sought to guard Madeleines privacy/interests by advocating not having all witness material unchecked exposed to all and sundry. He's a doctor of Law, very well placed to judge what would have been in a living Maddies best interests. 

How very very odd for mistress Isabel then, to state that you are confident of 'winning' the full publicity for potentially negative information about a living child and on your fragile client. 

Negative? Look no further: as witnessed by the bevy of own goals from mother Hubbard on day One
She is saying she's confident  to win only*one* point - being that of rejecting closed door trial.

There must be a madness in that strategy.  It makes no sense for the Mccanns to court such publicity.
aiyoyo
aiyoyo

Back to top Go down

Post by ShuBob 12.09.13 16:25

Is there a possibility the McCanns' witnesses weren't cross-examined or is Brunty being devious by only reporting one side of the story?
ShuBob

Back to top Go down

Post by tiny 12.09.13 16:28

ShuBob wrote:Is there a possibility the McCanns' witnesses weren't cross-examined or is Brunty being devious by only reporting one side of the story?
I wouldn't trust brunty,he,s a McCann fan
tiny
tiny

Back to top Go down

Post by russiandoll 12.09.13 16:28

Come on GA lawyer : Emma Loach directed a documentary without facts, altering the Smith sighting to show a child carried across a man's arms just as in JT sighting, when Mr Smith unequivocally said that the child was carried vertically, head resting on man's shoulder.

Bloody hell.....you could not make this up.

The great enemy of the truth is very often not the lie — deliberate,
contrived and dishonest — but the myth — persistent, persuasive and
unrealistic.
~John F. Kennedy

russiandoll
russiandoll

Activity : 4058

Back to top Go down

Post by ShuBob 12.09.13 16:30

tiny wrote:
ShuBob wrote:Is there a possibility the McCanns' witnesses weren't cross-examined or is Brunty being devious by only reporting one side of the story?
Isn't it very sad that there's hardly any UK journalist one can trust with the truth?
ShuBob

Back to top Go down

Post by ShuBob 12.09.13 16:32

russiandoll wrote:Come on GA lawyer : Emma Loach directed a documentary without facts, altering the Smith sighting to show a child carried across a man's arms just as in JT sighting, when Mr Smith unequivocally said that the child was carried vertically, head resting on man's shoulder.

Bloody hell.....you could not make this up.
I am praying Amaral's lawyer is on the ball. The evidence from the McCanns' witnesses so far is literally begging to be taken apart.
ShuBob

Back to top Go down

Post by Woofer 12.09.13 16:32

Brunty should have stated that they weren`t cross examined if that`s the case.  Surely they should have been cross examined by the respondent`s lawyer while they were in the box under oath.  But not sure how these courts work.

Activity : 3508

Back to top Go down

Post by tiny 12.09.13 16:33

ShuBob wrote:
tiny wrote:
Isn't it very sad that there's hardly any UK journalist one can trust with the truth?
yes it is sad,i was hoping we would have someone else tweeting rather than brunty
tiny
tiny

Back to top Go down

Post by Woofer 12.09.13 16:35

ShuBob wrote:
tiny wrote:
YES VERY VERY SAD - I`m so ashamed of my own country these days.
Woofer
Woofer

Activity : 3508

Back to top Go down

Post by tasprin 12.09.13 16:38

Woofer wrote:
ShuBob wrote:
tiny wrote:
YES VERY VERY SAD - I`m so ashamed of my own country these days.
IMO we're rarely told the truth about anything
tasprin

Activity : 896

Back to top Go down

Page 12 of 40 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 26 ... 40  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top