The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

LIBEL TRIAL DISCUSSION HERE    - Page 9 Mm11

LIBEL TRIAL DISCUSSION HERE    - Page 9 Regist10
The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

LIBEL TRIAL DISCUSSION HERE    - Page 9 Mm11

LIBEL TRIAL DISCUSSION HERE    - Page 9 Regist10

LIBEL TRIAL DISCUSSION HERE

Page 9 of 40 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 24 ... 40  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

LIBEL TRIAL DISCUSSION HERE    - Page 9 Empty Re: LIBEL TRIAL DISCUSSION HERE

Post by Guest 12.09.13 13:27

On Sky news.

Coming up we are 'live' in Lisbon
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Cristobell 12.09.13 13:33

marconi wrote:Kate abandonned by Tapas 8.  Not even Gerry is joining her. What kind of husband is he and is Kate the only responsible for the death?
Where are Gerry's siblings?  Also no support?
I am thinking along the same lines as yourself Marconi.  Armies of friends and family were turning up in sunny PDL in the summer of 2007 - all proud members of Team McCann.  The most difficult public spectacle they have had to face in 6 years and Gerry has stayed home to look after the kids!  I am speechless!
Cristobell

Activity : 2552

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 12.09.13 13:36

Cristobell wrote:
marconi wrote:Kate abandonned by Tapas 8.  Not even Gerry is joining her. What kind of husband is he and is Kate the only responsible for the death?
I am thinking along the same lines as yourself Marconi.  Armies of friends and family were turning up in sunny PDL in the summer of 2007 - all proud members of Team McCann.  The most difficult public spectacle they have had to face in 6 years and Gerry has stayed home to look after the kids!  I am speechless!
It doesn't look as if there is anyone there from the Gerry McCann side of family is there?
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanmonroe 12.09.13 13:37

candyfloss wrote:Has Brunty dozed off?  Was Mrs Hubbard questioned by Mr Amaral's lawyer I wonder.  Nothing for an hour now, and they have now probably adjourned for lunch.  I hope he is going to report fairly both sides.
Dosen't matter if Fronty reports about both sides.
Other reporters will and Fronty will be seen as the sychophant McCann supporter he pretends not to be.
jeanmonroe

Activity : 7756

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanmonroe 12.09.13 13:42

Christobell:
"Armies of friends and family were turning up in sunny PDL in the summer of 2007 - all proud members of Team McCann"
_________________________________________________________________________________

Yes, but all BEFORE the files were released to the world in 2008.

AFTER the files were released, no zlebs and armies of friends turning up in Lisbon.

ALL keeping SCHTUM!
jeanmonroe

Back to top Go down

Post by marconi 12.09.13 13:43

Cristobell wrote:
Gerry  is not staying at home to look after the kids, is he? When people still believed them, he was travelling around, giving interviews...
Imo the idea of requesting for a review was coming from Kate herself, Gerry got in bigger trouble than he was, his family got angry with Kate and they took distance from her.  IMO
marconi

Activity : 1104

Back to top Go down

Post by tasprin 12.09.13 13:43

candyfloss wrote:Has Brunty dozed off?  Was Mrs Hubbard questioned by Mr Amaral's lawyer I wonder.  Nothing for an hour now, and they have now probably adjourned for lunch.  I hope he is going to report fairly both sides.
No cross-examination. Reminds me of Leveson
tasprin

Activity : 896

Back to top Go down

Post by Newintown 12.09.13 13:45

Duarte's interview piece keeps being repeated ad naseum on the news with her saying "what has happened to all the money made by GA from his book" and has he hidden it away.

Pot, kettle, black - what about the £millions the McCanns have made with not one shred of evidence of an abduction and where have those £millions gone.  Their accounts haven't been transparent, so where are they hiding their money????

"Never trust an eyewitness whose memory gets better over time"

Newintown
Newintown

Activity : 1622

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 12.09.13 13:45

Sky news just....

Goncalo and his lawyer did not want to talk to Sky news.

Witness at trial said, (Susan Hubbard I think)

Couldn't believe he could write this book without any facts (not exact words maybe)

Cameras not allowed in court.

Interview with Isabel Duarte..........

GA's money could not be found.......we have not found the money

When asked how much Mr Amaral had made she refused to say and said it would come out in the trial.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Penfold 12.09.13 13:49

Are lawyers allowed to libel people with impunity  -Duarte's statement that Sr Amaral is 'probably' hiding the money he made from the book.

And on another note I am very disappointed that Aunty Phil hasn't made an appearance.big grin
Penfold

Activity : 144

Back to top Go down

Post by susible 12.09.13 13:49

I always knew that the likelyhood of the McCanns winning this was remote, but after reading Susan Hubbard's contribution, I know it almost as a fact

So busy defending themselves that they didn't have time to search...WTF?  Well if that's the best that they can do, they're well and truly snookered.  And I don't see what the heck a documentary producer can add to their case or for that matter a lawyer, apart from, in the case of the lawyer, "oh well the McCanns had to divert money from the fund to search for Madeleine, so that they could pay me to defend them from the allegations...ergo less money to be spent on the search, therefore damaging it in the process"  

Totally ridiculous

susible

Activity : 338

Back to top Go down

Post by plebgate 12.09.13 13:50

Sky reported Mother Hubbard said that the parents had reacted with rage and sadness at Mr. A's comments.

Yet again, imo, why aren't they up there stating this. Why rely on friends to do it?

If it carries on like this I can't see mr. A. losing.

Their solicitor says they can't find the money Mr. A. made from the books and she says this will be discussed in court. This could pave the way for the fund to be brought into it?

Has Clarrie been spotted yet?

If I forget to add it to a post everything is In My Opinion and I don't know anything for sure.
roll
plebgate

Activity : 8938

Back to top Go down

Post by tasprin 12.09.13 13:53

candyfloss wrote:Sky news just....

Goncalo and his lawyer did not want to talk to Sky news.

Witness at trial said, (Susan Hubbard I think)

Couldn't believe he could write this book without any facts (not exact words maybe)

Cameras not allowed in court.

Interview with Isabel Duarte..........

GA's money could not be found.......we have not found the money

When asked how much Mr Amaral had made she refused to say and said it would come out in the trial.
Duarte is accusing Goncalo amaral of secreting away money from the book. His assets were frozen by the courts, so is she actually accusing him of a criminal offence?
Why is there no mention by the media of the other three defendants in this case? GA is not the only one being sued
tasprin

Activity : 896

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanmonroe 12.09.13 13:53

Will 'Kate and the Gang' be out pasting up holiday pack posters, all over Lisbon, purchased from her online store?
jeanmonroe

Back to top Go down

Post by susible 12.09.13 13:54

plebgate wrote:Sky reported Mother Hubbard said that the parents had reacted with rage and sadness at Mr. A's comments.

Yet again, imo, why aren't they up there stating this.  Why rely on friends to do it?

If it carries on like this I can't see mr. A. losing.

Their solicitor says they can't find the money Mr. A. made from the books and she says this will be discussed in court.  This could pave the way for the fund to be brought into it?

Has Clarrie been spotted yet?

Rage and sadness...not normally two emotions felt simultaneously...you're either raging or you're sad

And what the heck has Amaral's money got to do with the alleged slander?  But of course, that's what it's all about for the McCanns..money...

Hmmm..now I'm raging at their greed and terribly sad at the outcome for their poor daughter..

susible

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 12.09.13 13:54

Yep, this is what Susan Hubbard did say.  You couldn't make it up could you, he was co-ordinator of the investigation FGS

martinbrunt@skymartinbrunt 22s
#madeleine Mrs Hubbard said McCanns could not believe Mr Amaral was allowed to write his book "without any facts."
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Newintown 12.09.13 13:55

jeanmonroe wrote:Will 'Kate and the Gang' be out pasting up holiday pack posters, all over Lison, purchased from her online store?
Nah, she leaves that to her minions, she's too posh to get her hands dirty.

"Never trust an eyewitness whose memory gets better over time"

Newintown
Newintown

Activity : 1622

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 12.09.13 13:55

martinbrunt@skymartinbrunt 1m
#madeleine Mrs Hubbard said TV documentary after the book made things worse, because viewers then bought more books.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by susible 12.09.13 13:57

Newintown wrote:
jeanmonroe wrote:Will 'Kate and the Gang' be out pasting up holiday pack posters, all over Lison, purchased from her online store?
Nah, she leaves that to her minions, she's too posh to get her hands dirty.
And don't forget, she's so busy defending herself that she couldn't possibly have the time for activities relating to searching..
susible

Back to top Go down

Post by plebgate 12.09.13 13:57

Could be interesting once the lawyer witness is cross examined. No way would I have my lawyer act as a witness. No way Jose.

As Taspirin asked - what use is Emma Loach to proceedings?

I now understand the reported comment from Mrs. that she wished her friends would be more publicly supportive. I would dump them as friends pronto.

If I forget to add it to a post everything is In My Opinion and I don't know anything for sure.
roll
plebgate

Activity : 8938

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanmonroe 12.09.13 13:57

candyfloss wrote:Yep, this is what Susan Hubbard did say.  You couldn't make it up could you, he was co-ordinator of the investigation FGS

#madeleine Mrs Hubbard said McCanns could not believe Mr Amaral was allowed to write his book "without any facts."
I SAY, KEEP OL' MOTHER HUBBARD IN THE WITNESS BOX ALL DAY!

SHE'S A GEM..................................FOR GA!
jeanmonroe

Back to top Go down

Post by tiny 12.09.13 14:02

jeanmonroe wrote:
candyfloss wrote:Yep, this is what Susan Hubbard did say.  You couldn't make it up could you, he was co-ordinator of the investigation FGS

I SAY, KEEP OL' MOTHER HUBBARD IN THE WITNESS BOX ALL DAY!

SHE'S A GEM..................................FOR GA!
I second that jeanmonroe,didn't Mr Amaral write the book from the evidence in the files,or have I got that wrong,
tiny
tiny

Activity : 2311

Back to top Go down

Post by Woofer 12.09.13 14:02

Jim_for_Justice wrote:My first post, go easy. I only started a real interest in this case about 6 months ago and have done a lot of reading around. GA's book reads very well; it's on the whole logical and his conclusions make sense, although my thoughts (which I'm still gathering) are slightly different. Nevertheless, I find myself feeling very angry at the media campaign to discredit someone who seems to be an honourable man who works had and took pride in his (previous) job. To effectively bankrupt him through suing him for libel is quite unbelievable as he was only exercising a basic human right to freedom of speech and effectively defend himself against all of the incessant jibes. Given the effect this could have on his family, this is the action of people who do not care about the feelings of others, which in itself is quite revealing.

Even though much of the information there is publicly available if people look for it, it's clear to me that there is a concerted campaign to prevent a number of facts and discrepancies being highlighted in public.  The British media are the best at digging around and revealing a story which is in the public interest, but in this case they're clearly operating under some serious restrictions or there are some powerful people at work who are ensuring only one side of the story is ever made publicly available.
 it may be related to the Express' loss in court some years ago, but I suspect it goes a lot deeper than that.

Anyway with the above in mind, I don't personally expect much of Amaral's testimony or that of his witnesses or much of the cross-examination to be made publicly available. I really hope I'm wrong though. We will hear a lot of the pro McCann stuff though. 

It's all opinion on my part, but I also think that GM has stayed home, not just to work and look after the kids (during a very important trial - when's he been so reticent before?), there'll be someone else doing that. He's there for one reason only. To control the media flow of news with his powerful connections. Like I say I hope I'm wrong and that it all comes out over the next couple of weeks.
Welcome Jim for Justice.

Spudgun wrote a good article about press reasons for seemingly skewing the real picture. Interesting thoughts as well about Desmond`s motives.
http://spudgunsspoutings.blogspot.co.uk/2011/09/madeleine-mccann-and-power-of-press.html?showComment=1378941998740

Activity : 3508

Back to top Go down

Post by susible 12.09.13 14:02

I sometimes think that the McCanns and their families and friends, and supporters too, live in this strange parallel universe that is oblivious to reality!

Amaral did not have any facts?  Really?

Oh yes Mother Hubbard is a gem indeed lol

susible

Back to top Go down

Post by ShuBob 12.09.13 14:04

aiyoyo wrote:
ShuBob wrote:Good day all hi 

I'm still in shock that the trial has actually started bigshock 

PS: Surely, Brunty can't be the only one reporting the case from court? What about the Portuguese reporters?
hi Good to see you've found your way back!

Someone was just about to lodge missing person report.
Thanks Aiyoyo roses 

If nothing else was going to smoke me out, this trial certainly was big grin 
ShuBob

Activity : 1983

Back to top Go down

Page 9 of 40 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 24 ... 40  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top