The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

Blacksmith - Stating The McCann's Will Settle On Amaral's Terms ........PLUS NEW ***McCanns ask for extrajudicial settlement  by Joana Morais**TRIAL NOW SUSPENDED** - Page 11 Mm11

Blacksmith - Stating The McCann's Will Settle On Amaral's Terms ........PLUS NEW ***McCanns ask for extrajudicial settlement  by Joana Morais**TRIAL NOW SUSPENDED** - Page 11 Regist10
The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

Blacksmith - Stating The McCann's Will Settle On Amaral's Terms ........PLUS NEW ***McCanns ask for extrajudicial settlement  by Joana Morais**TRIAL NOW SUSPENDED** - Page 11 Mm11

Blacksmith - Stating The McCann's Will Settle On Amaral's Terms ........PLUS NEW ***McCanns ask for extrajudicial settlement  by Joana Morais**TRIAL NOW SUSPENDED** - Page 11 Regist10

Blacksmith - Stating The McCann's Will Settle On Amaral's Terms ........PLUS NEW ***McCanns ask for extrajudicial settlement by Joana Morais**TRIAL NOW SUSPENDED**

Page 11 of 26 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 18 ... 26  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Blacksmith - Stating The McCann's Will Settle On Amaral's Terms ........PLUS NEW ***McCanns ask for extrajudicial settlement  by Joana Morais**TRIAL NOW SUSPENDED** - Page 11 Empty Re: Blacksmith - Stating The McCann's Will Settle On Amaral's Terms ........PLUS NEW ***McCanns ask for extrajudicial settlement by Joana Morais**TRIAL NOW SUSPENDED**

Post by Eddie 20.01.13 14:59

My take on the limited facts that are available is that ,as Claudia has said, it is pointless for the McCanns to persue a libel trial.

they still want Amaral to make some concessions however.

they will stay proceedings for six months to see if an agreement can be reached.

If an agreement cannot be reached then they will resume the libel case

Both sides have agreed not to discuss the case at the moment

neither side, at this moment, have caved in

Eddie
Eddie

Activity : 107

Back to top Go down

Blacksmith - Stating The McCann's Will Settle On Amaral's Terms ........PLUS NEW ***McCanns ask for extrajudicial settlement  by Joana Morais**TRIAL NOW SUSPENDED** - Page 11 Empty Re: Blacksmith - Stating The McCann's Will Settle On Amaral's Terms ........PLUS NEW ***McCanns ask for extrajudicial settlement by Joana Morais**TRIAL NOW SUSPENDED**

Post by Guest 20.01.13 15:00

Me wrote:
ed1976 wrote:
tiny wrote:If the mccanns havent back out ,why is it not splashed all over the papers instead of this so called sighting,i think you are grasping at straws

The same argument applies if The McCanns have backed out, why are the portuguese press and Amaral so silent.

Both sides must have agreed to stay silent whilst the agreement is decided.

But why haven't "sources close to the McCann's" not commented? Or indeed why haven't UK journalists simply reported it as fact without quoting any sources? Why hasn't Clarence simply planted the story under anonymity?

The fact is, and youre trying to hide from it, that not one of the many sources the McCann's have used in the past to push their narrative to the press have commented on this or announced that Amaral has caved.

They couldn't talk on the case when they were arguidos but still "sources" close to the pair" peddled their version for them to the UK media.

Why do you think that hasn't happened now when it did then?
Mr Amaral's side clearly haven't caved, or there wouldn't be any negotiations. TM perhaps aren't very confident of achieving that much, hence the silence.

I think it's now a game of bluff or brinkmanship between the two sets of lawyers. Under Portuguese law, which is very different to UK law in this area I'm sure.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Eddie 20.01.13 15:03

tcat wrote:
Me wrote:
ed1976 wrote:
tiny wrote:If the mccanns havent back out ,why is it not splashed all over the papers instead of this so called sighting,i think you are grasping at straws

The same argument applies if The McCanns have backed out, why are the portuguese press and Amaral so silent.

Both sides must have agreed to stay silent whilst the agreement is decided.

But why haven't "sources close to the McCann's" not commented? Or indeed why haven't UK journalists simply reported it as fact without quoting any sources? Why hasn't Clarence simply planted the story under anonymity?

The fact is, and youre trying to hide from it, that not one of the many sources the McCann's have used in the past to push their narrative to the press have commented on this or announced that Amaral has caved.

They couldn't talk on the case when they were arguidos but still "sources" close to the pair" peddled their version for them to the UK media.

Why do you think that hasn't happened now when it did then?
Mr Amaral's side clearly haven't caved, or there wouldn't be any negotiations. TM perhaps aren't very confident of achieving that much, hence the silence.

I think it's now a game of bluff or brinkmanship between the two sets of lawyers. Under Portuguese law, which is very different to UK law in this area I'm sure.

neither side have caved, so you are quite right.
Eddie
Eddie

Back to top Go down

Back to top Go down

Back to top Go down

Post by Eddie 20.01.13 15:13

candyfloss wrote:PS ed, read Claudia's latest postBlacksmith - Stating The McCann's Will Settle On Amaral's Terms ........PLUS NEW ***McCanns ask for extrajudicial settlement  by Joana Morais**TRIAL NOW SUSPENDED** - Page 11 302873

I just did. Still no mention of the Mccans caving in. Just restating that the McCanns are in negotiations withGA. Nothing more.
Eddie
Eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Cristobell 20.01.13 15:16

This lack of news is v.frustrating, especially given the leaks we have had in the past. I noticed Clarence commented on the Brazil sighting, but nothing on this latest development. From the history of this case, TM have always made the first strike, and usually they have been successful. Even this latest one, the sighting in Brazil, pipped the boring Court news.

Unfortunately, whilst musing here on the lack of media interest, I have to figure into the equation, sheer lethargy. News desks are buzzing places, and decisions have to made in a split second. Safe McCann stories still sell papers, and the demographic that actually buys hard copy newspapers is shrinking. Of those, many people still believe it is distasteful to question the actions of grieving parents. They tut, and turn the page over to read the latest intimate detail of Peter Andre's life. Well, that is the only reason I can come up with, other than some of mass hypnotism, to explain the unquestioning acceptance of the story given by those nice Doctors.

Incidentally, I have replied to those who left comments on my blog, thank you.
Cristobell

Activity : 2552

Back to top Go down

Post by Me 20.01.13 15:23

ed1976 wrote:Amaral has recently taken on a new lawyer

Not in the last week he hasn't.

What is certain is that since the start of the investigation there were  incongruent and even contradictory situations concerning the witness statements; the telephone records of calls that were made and received on mobile phones that belonged to the couple and to the group of friends that were on holidays with them; the movements of people right after the disappearance of the little girl was noticed, concerning the state in which the bedroom from where the child disappeared from was found (closed window? open window? partially open window?) etc., and the mystery would only become even thicker due to the clues that were left by the already mentioned sniffer dogs. - The Words of a JUDGE in relation to the McCanns
Me

Activity : 698

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 20.01.13 15:25

Me wrote:
ed1976 wrote:Amaral has recently taken on a new lawyer

Not in the last week he hasn't.

candyfloss wrote:By the way Mr Amaral's lawyer is not new, so don't use that as an excuse, he has been with him for a year or so. A top Police lawyer to boot.

https://jillhavern.forumotion.net/t4453-truth-of-the-lie-is-on-its-way-goncalo-amaral-is-optimistic-and-has-a-new-top-lawyer-tvmais-23212?highlight=new+lawyer+for+goncalo+amaral
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Blacksmith - Stating The McCann's Will Settle On Amaral's Terms ........PLUS NEW ***McCanns ask for extrajudicial settlement  by Joana Morais**TRIAL NOW SUSPENDED** - Page 11 Empty Ah say ah say boy...it's not check mate yet... Not yet you hear!

Post by The Rooster 20.01.13 15:25

The reaper cometh but not just yet. Buying time is a tactic frequently used when you can't see the end game. The parents are worried that the monster they have created will be their undoing and need to position themselves for maximum safety. They didn't castle early enough and are now trapped by their opponent. The black king is failing and his queen is blinded by pawns on the horizon.
In comes the rook and his knights and without their even knowing it White Wins. There's a lot more than pride at stake here. If revenge is a meal best served cold then an extra six months will be just what the Doctors ordered (NOT).

The Rooster

Activity : 524

Back to top Go down

Post by Me 20.01.13 15:28

ed1976 wrote:neither side have caved, so you are quite right.

Yes one side has caved in and is using the legal negotiation process under Portugese law to extricate themselves from the action.

What is certain is that since the start of the investigation there were  incongruent and even contradictory situations concerning the witness statements; the telephone records of calls that were made and received on mobile phones that belonged to the couple and to the group of friends that were on holidays with them; the movements of people right after the disappearance of the little girl was noticed, concerning the state in which the bedroom from where the child disappeared from was found (closed window? open window? partially open window?) etc., and the mystery would only become even thicker due to the clues that were left by the already mentioned sniffer dogs. - The Words of a JUDGE in relation to the McCanns
Me

Back to top Go down

Post by Cristobell 20.01.13 15:31

I agree that a game of bluff is going on. However, given the personalities of the main protagonists, as sure as eggs is eggs, they will not be gagged.

Is GA's book still on sale? If it is, then we can assume that the negotiations are not going in the McCanns favour. The time in which the book is or is not on sale, will form part of any Particulars of Claim. How do you calculate earnings on a book that had the potential to fly off the shelves had it been on sale at the height of interest in the McCann case?

Cristobell

Back to top Go down

Post by Cristobell 20.01.13 15:38

Châtelaine wrote:@ Cristobel
quote We know from the press release that GA had stomach surgery that meant the last hearing had to be postponed.unquote

No, that was his lawyer, who couldn't make to court that day/period.

My reply was a genuine apology, it was not hostile.
Cristobell

Back to top Go down

Post by Me 20.01.13 15:43

ed1976 wrote:My take on the limited facts that are available is that ,as Claudia has said, it is pointless for the McCanns to persue a libel trial.

Once again i ask you why the McCann's have come to this conclusion a week before the trial and not at any point since 2009 or September 2012 when nothing has changed to suddenly now make this case worthless for the Mccann's to pursue.

As Candy has posted Amaral's lawyer was appointed a year or so ago so clearly it is not, as you appear to be speculating, that Amaral has alll of a sudden appointed a new laywer who has told him to cave in now.

ed1976 wrote:they still want Amaral to make some concessions however.

Such as what? How do you know this, what sources and reports are you using to arrive at this "take on things"? Where is your evidence for this?

It is actually that the settlement will be about reparations for the wronged party (i.e. Amaral) who is and will be the victim of vexatious litigation.

You are regarding this as the McCann's seeking settlment from Amaral when in fact the reverse is true. They will have to reparate Amaral for his costs and the implications of having his assets frozen for several years as part of their original filing of the case against him.

ed1976 wrote:they will stay proceedings for six months to see if an agreement can be reached.

No that is the formal legal process of the settlement procedure in Portugal. It is not an extraordinary concession they have requested or that Amaral has agreed to. It's simply the legal process for abandoning cases.

ed1976 wrote:If an agreement cannot be reached then they will resume the libel case

Again where have you heard that this is the McCann's stated position or are you making an assumption based simply on the above mentioned formal legal process?

ed1976 wrote:Both sides have agreed not to discuss the case at the moment

Yet we have 2 sources categorically stating that the McCann's have caved in. So someone close to Amaral or the process has spoken about this haven't they? Ye not one source has said the opposite to support your version of events.

ed1976 wrote:neither side, at this moment, have caved in

Yes one side has decided they do not want the action to continue or they no longer want it to go to court. They have caved in by requesting such negotiations. The source for revealing these negotiations in the UK media states categorically it is the McCann's who have decided to make settlement and all the available evidence concurs with this.

You have not produced one single piece of evidence or media report that refutes that.

Me

Back to top Go down

Post by Eddie 20.01.13 16:08

Me states

Yet we have 2 sources categorically stating that the McCann's have caved in. So someone close to Amaral or the process has spoken about this haven't they? Ye not one source has said the opposite to support your version of events.

As I have stated before , this is untrue. you do not seem to be in touch with reality. The post by BS is on the first page of this forum and nowhere does he state, categorically or otherwise that the McCanns have or will cave in. Niether did Morais. Try and stick to facts otherwise you rubbish your own argumants
Eddie
Eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by tiny 20.01.13 16:15

That pursuit has failed. The McCanns are going to settle on Amaral's terms and that means it's the beginning of the end of six years of lies and deception. No, I can't evoke even a touch of sympathy for them: they have acted wickedly and now they are going to pay.

does not this seem like the mccanns have caved in,or have i read it wrong. note the mccanns are going to settle on Mr Amarals terms
tiny
tiny

Activity : 2311

Back to top Go down

Post by Eddie 20.01.13 16:22

Re: McCann judgment that opposes the Gonçalo Amaral SUSPENDED
Blacksmith - Stating The McCann's Will Settle On Amaral's Terms ........PLUS NEW ***McCanns ask for extrajudicial settlement  by Joana Morais**TRIAL NOW SUSPENDED** - Page 11 Empty Palmeras16 Today at 3:22 pm

Carolina wrote:
What capitulation are you talking about? This is a joke by Claudia and nothing more. I'm sure that GA would never even consider this possibility. He has waited this long and not given in so why now when the McCanns are the ones throwing in the towel and asking for a suspension and negotiation. If it had been the other way around, we would have been bombarded with press releases and probably a press conference.

Yes I agree Caroline, the five euros is a small joke by Claudia, it had slipped my mind that she could be such a bundle of fun on occasion. However the fact that GA is going to have to pay the McCanns compensation is not a joke. He has six months to agree settlement and I wouldn't be surprised if he doesn't have to hand over at least half of his assets, which are currently frozen.

This is from the MM forum in response to Claudia's little joke. palmeras is a staunch GA supporter. Claudia has not contradicted her
Eddie
Eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Eddie 20.01.13 16:26

tiny wrote:That pursuit has failed. The McCanns are going to settle on Amaral's terms and that means it's the beginning of the end of six years of lies and deception. No, I can't evoke even a touch of sympathy for them: they have acted wickedly and now they are going to pay.

does not this seem like the mccanns have caved in,or have i read it wrong. note the mccanns are going to settle on Mr Amarals terms

you use the word "seem"

Thats a lot different to "catagorically states". I am sure you would agree.Plus... no mention of the McCanns caving in. if you do not have your basic facts right then all your conclusions willl be flawed.
Eddie
Eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 20.01.13 16:29

Sorry but your are taking the 'p' now. Palmeras16 a staunch supporter of GABlacksmith - Stating The McCann's Will Settle On Amaral's Terms ........PLUS NEW ***McCanns ask for extrajudicial settlement  by Joana Morais**TRIAL NOW SUSPENDED** - Page 11 742129

Give it up, you are talking rubbish.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by tiny 20.01.13 16:29

are you on some kind of wind-up,
tiny
tiny

Activity : 2311

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 20.01.13 16:30

I don't think that anyone will need to phone a friend for the answer to that one!
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 20.01.13 16:31

Cristobell wrote:
Châtelaine wrote:@ Cristobel
quote We know from the press release that GA had stomach surgery that meant the last hearing had to be postponed.unquote

No, that was his lawyer, who couldn't make to court that day/period.

My reply was a genuine apology, it was not hostile.
Sorry Cristobel, I'm losing you ...
I wrote the above comment, you replied.
I didn't come back to it, nor did I judge it to be hostile.
Why would you think so?
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Eddie 20.01.13 16:31

candyfloss wrote:Sorry but your are taking the 'p' now. Palmeras16 a staunch supporter of GABlacksmith - Stating The McCann's Will Settle On Amaral's Terms ........PLUS NEW ***McCanns ask for extrajudicial settlement  by Joana Morais**TRIAL NOW SUSPENDED** - Page 11 742129

Give it up, you are talking rubbish.

if I am wrong I would apologise, i thought they were all staunch supporters over there. Yet still Claudia has posted since and not contradicted her.

Eddie
Eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Inspectorfrost 20.01.13 16:31

Ed, Why do you think the Mccanns asked for the libel trial to be suspended? And at the eleventh hour?
Inspectorfrost

Activity : 878

Back to top Go down

Post by Smokeandmirrors 20.01.13 16:32

Isn't it more likely that those who are paying the Mc's legal fees (as no indication on the fund accounts or anywhere else that the Mc's are paying for them) know that the McCanns have no chance of success following the Supreme Court ruling that The Truth of the Lie is not libellous, and are not willing to pay costs for the third time? Even Isabelle Duarte knows there is no longer any shred of support for the Mc's in Portugal. And in following through with a court case Amaral has an opportunity to make public all that the Mc's have strived to keep secret for over 5 yrs, however ridiculous their attempts have been.

Activity : 2685

Back to top Go down

Page 11 of 26 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 18 ... 26  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top