The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

Kate McCann becomes ambassador for missing people  - Page 4 Mm11

Kate McCann becomes ambassador for missing people  - Page 4 Regist10
The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

Kate McCann becomes ambassador for missing people  - Page 4 Mm11

Kate McCann becomes ambassador for missing people  - Page 4 Regist10

Kate McCann becomes ambassador for missing people

Page 4 of 21 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 12 ... 21  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Kate McCann becomes ambassador for missing people  - Page 4 Empty Re: Kate McCann becomes ambassador for missing people

Post by Liz Eagles 10.07.12 13:56

Candyfloss, has anyone posted a link on the missing people fb to point them to the comments on this forum?
Liz Eagles
Liz Eagles

Activity : 13361

Back to top Go down

Kate McCann becomes ambassador for missing people  - Page 4 Empty Re: Kate McCann becomes ambassador for missing people

Post by uppatoffee 10.07.12 13:57

aquila wrote:Candyfloss, has anyone posted a link on the missing people fb to point them to the comments on this forum?

Not that I've seen. However there are links to McCann files and Gaspar Statements.
uppatoffee
uppatoffee

Activity : 645

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 10.07.12 13:59

uppatoffee wrote:
aquila wrote:Candyfloss, has anyone posted a link on the missing people fb to point them to the comments on this forum?

Not that I've seen. However there are links to McCann files and Gaspar Statements.

No, I don't think so. Can someone do that?......... do you have to have a facebook account?
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by jozi 10.07.12 13:59

Spaniel wrote:The Missing website must be inundated, as they've made a crude attempt in covering their contact details
shit happens Glad its being pointed out to them in no uncertain terms. Keep up the good work everyone .
jozi
jozi

Activity : 733

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 10.07.12 14:04

I had a look at the names on their charity's website and look at these ITV luminaries:

Patrons - Trevor McDonald, Lorraine Kelly
Ambassadors - Alastair Stewart, Julie Etchingham
Honorary Friends - Fiona Phillips, Phillip Schofield

McDonald's flagship Tonight was responsible for two (maybe three?) programmes in 2007 attempting to rubbish the PJ's case against the McCanns. "So-called evidence" McDonald said, introducing one of the programmes, and ITV daytime shows have been steadfast in their support of anything K&G have wanted them to do since, of course.

There aren't patrons, ambassadors or friends from other UK media organisations associated with the charity, so far as I can see - just ITV.

I'm just musing. It may just be coincidence of course.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by jozi 10.07.12 14:07

tcat wrote:I had a look at the names on their charity's website and look at these ITV luminaries:

Patrons - Trevor McDonald, Lorraine Kelly
Ambassadors - Alastair Stewart, Julie Etchingham
Honorary Friends - Fiona Phillips, Phillip Schofield

McDonald's flagship Tonight was responsible for two (maybe three?) programmes in 2007 attempting to rubbish the PJ's case against the McCanns. "So-called evidence" McDonald said, introducing one of the programmes, and ITV daytime shows have been steadfast in their support of anything K&G have wanted them to do since, of course.

There aren't patrons, ambassadors or friends from other UK media organisations associated with the charity, so far as I can see - just ITV.

I'm just musing. It may just be coincidence of course.

That's strange !
jozi
jozi

Activity : 733

Back to top Go down

Post by Liz Eagles 10.07.12 14:08

jozi wrote:
Spaniel wrote:The Missing website must be inundated, as they've made a crude attempt in covering their contact details
Kate McCann becomes ambassador for missing people  - Page 4 521635 Glad its being pointed out to them in no uncertain terms. Keep up the good work everyone .

How on earth could this well supported charity choose princess tippy toes with a fund (donated by the public initially, ongoing and then topped up by income from libel triumphs and apparently book proceeds) and a few million pounds of UK and Portuguese taxpayers' money to launch anything without considering who they were getting into bed with (so to speak). Had the charity not considered their source of support and income! Did the charity not consider their sponsors might not wish to be linked to anything else? did the charity consult anyone on the appointment of the princess? I don't know who pays the PR team on either side but there's another load of people who need to go.

Sir Winston Churchill: “Diplomacy is the art of telling people to go to hell in such a way that they ask for directions.”
Liz Eagles
Liz Eagles

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 10.07.12 14:10

Look at this reply a tweeter got from Missing People charity, so they expected outrage then........

@On_The_Beat @missingpeople Did you not expect this outrage? did you think we would all be cool with #Kate #McCann as ambassador?

Missing People@missingpeople

@On_The_Beat Yes we did but she's an amazing ambassador for the cause.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by monkey mind 10.07.12 14:11

aquila wrote:
Kate was launched today. Twice in the banal interview that is This Morning's trademark was the word 'launch' mentioned. I notice that she was sitting alone on the sofa. I notice that no-one senior (or even junior for that matter) was there to promote the charity and give it credibility.
Yes, launch day!! What a future lies ahead!
They must all be very proud. Only 4 years from the dropping of arguido status to ambassador! What a rise from 2008 to 2012. All in Olympic year too!
History surely has no equal!!!
Or does it....
Titanic. Olympic Class vessel.
Design approved 1908. Sank without trace on maiden voyage in 1912 less than one year after her official launch..
1908 to 1912 Olympic Class
2008 to 2012 Olympic Year

The 10th of July was also the date the Luftwaffe launched its first attack in what became known as the battle of Britain.
That didn’t last long either.....
monkey mind
monkey mind

Activity : 629

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 10.07.12 14:14

candyfloss wrote:Look at this reply a tweeter got from Missing People charity, so they expected outrage then........

@On_The_Beat @missingpeople Did you not expect this outrage? did you think we would all be cool with #Kate #McCann as ambassador?

It looks like they are not bothered at all about what people think.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by tuom 10.07.12 14:22

candyfloss wrote:
candyfloss wrote:Look at this reply a tweeter got from Missing People charity, so they expected outrage then........

Candyfloss , that is quote of the day for me ! They don't care ..................
tuom
tuom

Activity : 583

Back to top Go down

Post by tiny 10.07.12 14:23

candyfloss wrote:

what i find amazing is that this woman NEGLECTED HER CHILDREN and you have chosen this woman to be an
ambassador to the missing children CHARITY,now thats amazing.my support for this charity stops here.

tiny
tiny

Activity : 2311

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 10.07.12 14:24

someone just posted a reply to that tweet from missing people and them knowing it would cause outrage......

Karen L******* Debbie...That response is truely disgusting and must leave this charity with very little credibility....

21 minutes ago
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by uppatoffee 10.07.12 14:24

candyfloss wrote:

Maybe at the moment, but I think they will realise that this was a bad move and be forced to change their minds. I know it's a bit different but remember Bob Diamond standing up defiantly saying he wasn't going to quit Barclays and the 24 hours he was gone due to the incredible weight of public opinion and media pressure.
uppatoffee
uppatoffee

Activity : 645

Back to top Go down

Post by tiny 10.07.12 14:24

Kate McCann becomes ambassador for missing people  - Page 4 74357915 i didnt mean to get put my reply into some elses message.

whooops it looks like my reply has vanished.
tiny
tiny

Activity : 2311

Back to top Go down

Post by monkey mind 10.07.12 14:25

david_uk wrote:I would hazzard a guess that this is the news that made SteelM cold!?!. This woman neglected her child! and now shes `missing`!!!. Ambassador for missing people!!? seriously!. I hope this isnt true.
I feel very inclined to agree with you there. I reckon this may well be what tipped Steel Magnolia OTT. One thing that puzzled me at the time on that is that she said she had spoken to a detective – not on Op Grange – and as a result of what he said it turned her blood cold and that he had left his name and phone number but she felt no need to call him back.
This implies to me that she did not in fact call SY but this detective phoned her and left an official number on which he could be contacted for verification. The detective probably tipped her off on this and felt no need for anonymity as it would be all over the media within a week.
monkey mind
monkey mind

Activity : 629

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 10.07.12 14:26

tiny wrote:Kate McCann becomes ambassador for missing people  - Page 4 74357915 i didnt mean to get put my reply into some elses message

My messageKate McCann becomes ambassador for missing people  - Page 4 110921 It's ok I have rectified itKate McCann becomes ambassador for missing people  - Page 4 636506
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Liz Eagles 10.07.12 14:27

Well their fb page has just got a link posting them to this page....I'm waiting to see if it's published.
Liz Eagles
Liz Eagles

Back to top Go down

Post by Olympicana_Reloaded 10.07.12 14:28

If I am not mistaken, it seems missingpeople are certainly not singing from the same hymn-sheet as missingkids (i.e. The National Center for Missing & Exploited Children) regarding missing & exploited children and I for one, would certainly raise a questionable eyebrow at this latest news.

THOSE WHO VICTIMIZE CHILDREN ARE USUALLY NOT STRANGERS

By Ernie Allen, President and CEO

National Center for Missing & Exploited Children

The recent events at Penn State University and Syracuse University serve as reminders that the sexual abuse and exploitation of children is an all-too-present fact of modern life. Yet, millions of Americans do not believe that this problem exists at all. Why?

Overwhelmingly, the child victims do not tell. Leading scholars and researchers tell us that at least 1 in 5 girls and 1 in 10 boys will be sexually victimized in some way before they reach the age of 18, and just 1 in 3 will tell anybody about it. These are America’s hidden victims. We have made progress as a nation in attacking this problem but even today, two out of three child victims suffer in silence. They don’t tell Mom, they don’t tell Dad, they don’t tell anybody.

Millions doubt the existence of these heinous crimes for another reason. The offenders do not match society’s stereotype. Most Americans want to believe that someone who would prey upon a child sexually is evil-looking, a menacing, frightening stranger.

Yet, we have learned that most often those who victimize children are not strangers to the child, they are known to the child. They seek out legitimate access to the child. We should never be shocked when someone who abuses a child is a volunteer or employee of a youth-serving organization, or a school, or a daycare center, or many other settings that provide easy, low-risk access to children. That is why the leading child-serving organizations have taken bold steps to do background screening of their staff and volunteers, and then monitor and supervise the interactions between adults and children.

In monitoring sex offender treatment groups and programs, one hears a chilling word, “grooming.” Most often, these offenders who prey upon children do not snatch their victims randomly from the streets, they groom their victims, win their confidence and trust through friendship, kindness, and then they violate it. In so many of these cases, the child is made to feel responsible, like it is his or her fault. And the child is often intimidated or threatened by this person of trust and authority.

Even if they decide to tell, will anyone listen to them? Will anyone understand? These children feel that no one will believe them even if they do speak out, and too many adults simply do not listen to or understand what children try to tell us.

The offenders are not dirty, menacing strangers, they are respectable citizens – doctors, lawyers, businessmen, teachers, police officers. Often they are people who outwardly show deep and enduring commitment to helping children in need.
What can you do? What can every citizen do? First, communicate with your children and empower them. Make sure that they understand that you love them, trust them, believe them and that if anyone ever touches them in a way that makes them feel uncomfortable, they should tell you or a trusted adult.

Second, the first line of defense is a vigilant public. If you see it, know about it or suspect it, report it. Call your local police and then call 1 (800) THE LOST or report it to www.cybertipline.com, at the National Center for Missing & Exploited Children.

The sexual exploitation of children is not a problem that only happens somewhere else. It is happening in big cities and small towns across America. Thousands of children fall victim to sexual exploitation every year. We need to do more. Because every child deserves a safe childhood.

This commentary first appeared in the Opinion Section on FoxNews.com on 12/09/2011

http://www.missingkids.com/missingkids/servlet/NewsEventServlet?LanguageCountry=en_US&PageId=4592
Olympicana_Reloaded

Activity : 203

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 10.07.12 14:31

Could they have picked a better person to generate maximum publicity than KM? We'll all be looking at the posters now won't we.

I don't think they're too bothered about what actually happened in PdL on May 3 2007. It's all about 'market share' - charities compete with each other just like any other company in any business sector.

We should just ignore it, and look at the posters of course.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 10.07.12 14:32

Roanne *********** I have a sky dive and a marathon in aid of you guys , forget it now as if she doesn't step down then my fund raising will go to a charity will morals !!!
15 minutes ago

Paula J**** You may not be intentionally condoning leaving children alone but in your actions you are putting out the message that it's ok. You're justifying the McCanns going out every night and leaving their children in an unlocked apartment, and not only that, justifying them leaving them unattended where ANYTHING could happen. How do you rationalise this?
13 minutes ago ·
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by sami 10.07.12 14:38

What exactly is the background to this group/charity ? Is it not a relatively new organisation or am I wrong in thinking that ? If I am right, then I smell a big rat. Was this organisation set up in order to appoint Healy as an ambassador, thus fulfilling the aim that has been there since way back in 2007 ?
sami

Activity : 1019

Back to top Go down

Post by tigger 10.07.12 14:39

Charity number: 1020419 - MISSING PEOPLE LIMITED

I still want to know how a Charity can be a Limited as well? Or is it just included in the name?

This is the description of their activities:
MISSING PEOPLE OFFERS A LIFELINE FOR THE 250,000 PEOPLE WHO RUN AWAY AND GO MISSING EACH YEAR. FOR THOSE LEFT BEHIND, WE SEARCH AND PROVIDE SPECIALISED SUPPORT TO END THE HEARTACHE AND CONFUSION.

Activity : 8532

http://fytton.blogspot.nl/

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 10.07.12 14:41

tigger wrote: Charity number: 1020419 - MISSING PEOPLE LIMITED

I still want to know how a Charity can be a Limited as well? Or is it just included in the name?

MISSING PEOPLE OFFERS A LIFELINE FOR THE 250,000 PEOPLE WHO RUN AWAY AND GO MISSING EACH YEAR. FOR THOSE LEFT BEHIND, WE SEARCH AND PROVIDE SPECIALISED SUPPORT TO END THE HEARTACHE AND CONFUSION.

I wondered that to tigger, I said so earlier, it is listed on comany check as a Private Limited Company.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Liz Eagles 10.07.12 14:43

tigger wrote: Charity number: 1020419 - MISSING PEOPLE LIMITED

© 2011 Missing People

Registered Charity No. 1020419
Liz Eagles
Liz Eagles

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 21 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 12 ... 21  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top