The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

Kate McCann becomes ambassador for missing people  - Page 3 Mm11

Kate McCann becomes ambassador for missing people  - Page 3 Regist10
The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

Kate McCann becomes ambassador for missing people  - Page 3 Mm11

Kate McCann becomes ambassador for missing people  - Page 3 Regist10

Kate McCann becomes ambassador for missing people

Page 3 of 21 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 12 ... 21  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Kate McCann becomes ambassador for missing people  - Page 3 Empty Re: Kate McCann becomes ambassador for missing people

Post by Liz Eagles 10.07.12 11:15

I've just reminded myself of something before KM comes onto the sofa..I went onto findmadeleine.com and read the missing persons article written by Kate. I can recommend a read before we listen to her.

http://www.findmadeleine.com/missing_children/index.html

Thanks Candyfloss I thought it was 10.30am.

Sir Winston Churchill: “Diplomacy is the art of telling people to go to hell in such a way that they ask for directions.”
Liz Eagles
Liz Eagles

Activity : 13361

Back to top Go down

Kate McCann becomes ambassador for missing people  - Page 3 Empty Re: Kate McCann becomes ambassador for missing people

Post by uppatoffee 10.07.12 11:40

Hmm, guess she wasn't expecting the question about Birch. No eye contact when replying. Interesting that she mentioned that the Met let them know that it was being printed in advance of it appearing in the press. However it seemed that she doesn't have much of an idea about the investigation that SY are doing. She did say that they were hoping the case would be reopened though.
uppatoffee
uppatoffee

Activity : 645

Back to top Go down

Post by Hummingbird 10.07.12 11:54

uppatoffee wrote:Hmm, guess she wasn't expecting the question about Birch. No eye contact when replying. Interesting that she mentioned that the Met let them know that it was being printed in advance of it appearing in the press. However it seemed that she doesn't have much of an idea about the investigation that SY are doing. She did say that they were hoping the case would be reopened though.

I think she 'had' to say that they were hoping the case will be reopened - she would look a bit daft on live TV having just been made the ambassador for a missing persons charity saying that they don't want it reopened. Back to the real world I would imagine they are doing everything in their power for the case to NOT be reopened.

What I found most odd was (as we have already said about this revelation from Birch - nutter or not) WHY would any parent whose child has been reported missing in the area that Birch is talking about not want to follow it up - who cares if it proves nothing at least then they would know for sure! Why was she not saying 'whilst I think there is probably nothing to this story we are pushing for the site to be investigated, we are obviously deeply worried there may be some truth in what he is saying and therefore we will leave no stone unturned!!!'
Hummingbird

Activity : 260

Back to top Go down

Post by Liz Eagles 10.07.12 11:57

I've just been onto the findmadeleine website. Did you know that once you click on the shop there is no back button to return you to the homepage! Anyway, the interview on This Morning included age progression photos and a mention at the end (probably insisted upon) of holiday packs. Kate spoke of age progression photos. I clicked onto the t shirt button and got the iconic photo of Madeleine aged almost four - good product information at least I knew what I could purchase. I then clicked onto the holiday pack and there is no information. I don't know what I'm buying, and yes I'm buying Kate otherwise it wouldn't be an online store.

Sir Winston Churchill: “Diplomacy is the art of telling people to go to hell in such a way that they ask for directions.”
Liz Eagles
Liz Eagles

Back to top Go down

Post by PeterMac 10.07.12 12:17

Good choice.
Ambassador for Missing Children has a certain ring to it.
She can show people how to do it properly, instruct people who are not sure how to lose a child, and then show them the correct way to act afterwards.
Sit indoors for a long time in the dark. Write a diary; visit foreign countries, but not those where there might have been a sighting; write a million pound best-seler book about yourself, but include the child's name once or twice; collect money to spend on things;
and so on
I think she is the perfect choice.

Ambassador for Searching for Missing Children ? Now that would be something else entirely.
PeterMac
PeterMac
Investigator

Activity : 16578

http://whatreallyhappenedtomadeleinemccann.blogspot.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post by Liz Eagles 10.07.12 12:23

PeterMac wrote:Good choice.
She can show people how to do it properly, instruct people who are not sure how to lose a child, and then show them the correct way to act afterwards.
Sit indoors for a long time in the dark. Write a diary; visit foreign countries, but not those where there might have been a sighting; write a million pound best-seler book about yourself, but include the child's name once or twice; collect money to spend on things;
and so on

Ambassador for Searching for Missing Children ? Now that would be something else entirely.

Kate was launched today. Twice in the banal interview that is This Morning's trademark was the word 'launch' mentioned. I notice that she was sitting alone on the sofa. I notice that no-one senior (or even junior for that matter) was there to promote the charity and give it credibility.
Liz Eagles
Liz Eagles

Back to top Go down

Post by jozi 10.07.12 12:26

aquila wrote:
and so on

Kate was launched today. Twice in the banal interview that is This Morning's trademark was the word 'launch' mentioned. I notice that she was sitting alone on the sofa. I notice that no-one senior (or even junior for that matter) was there to promote the charity and give it credibility.

Flipping Disgusting, did she have the pained look on her face too !
jozi
jozi

Activity : 733

Back to top Go down

Post by sami 10.07.12 12:30

Hummingbird wrote:
uppatoffee wrote:Hmm, guess she wasn't expecting the question about Birch. No eye contact when replying. Interesting that she mentioned that the Met let them know that it was being printed in advance of it appearing in the press. However it seemed that she doesn't have much of an idea about the investigation that SY are doing. She did say that they were hoping the case would be reopened though.

I think she 'had' to say that they were hoping the case will be reopened - she would look a bit daft on live TV having just been made the ambassador for a missing persons charity saying that they don't want it reopened. Back to the real world I would imagine they are doing everything in their power for the case to NOT be reopened.

What I found most odd was (as we have already said about this revelation from Birch - nutter or not) WHY would any parent whose child has been reported missing in the area that Birch is talking about not want to follow it up - who cares if it proves nothing at least then they would know for sure! Why was she not saying 'whilst I think there is probably nothing to this story we are pushing for the site to be investigated, we are obviously deeply worried there may be some truth in what he is saying and therefore we will leave no stone unturned!!!'

Actually if she were a true ambassador for missing people, she would want the site dug up anyway. Perhaps Birch is nuts, but perhaps there is someobdy and not necessarily Madeleine, buried there. So in theory, another family's mind may be put at rest if somebody were discovered on the site as Birch suggests. (Not suggesting anything untoward on part of the Murats).

So Kate should remember, she needs to think of other families now too, not just herself. Wow this is going to be a difficult job for Katie.
sami

Activity : 1019

Back to top Go down

Post by uppatoffee 10.07.12 12:30

Very pained look throughout the whole interview. She looked quite gaunt and ill I thought, although had been well made up to look less so.
uppatoffee
uppatoffee

Activity : 645

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 10.07.12 12:31

aquila wrote:
and so on

That is a very good point aquila, why was there no representative from the Missing People charity alongside her.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Woofer 10.07.12 12:37

uppatoffee wrote:Very pained look throughout the whole interview. She looked quite gaunt and ill I thought, although had been well made up to look less so.

Ah ... that pained victim look ........ its the secret of her success ..... to be honest
Woofer
Woofer

Activity : 3508

Back to top Go down

Post by david_uk 10.07.12 12:50

Has the This Morning FB page started banning posters on todays guests thread?

david_uk

Activity : 342

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 10.07.12 12:55

I don't know david, but the facebook page is full of shall we say not nice comments. Aparently they have been deleting but more and more appear. Here is just one.......

S*** J**** I helped raise thousands of pounds for your charity last year as part of Rock Choir at Wembley. I'll never put another penny in your direction again. And that's such a shame for the other missing people.
about an hour ago

Link to comments....

https://www.facebook.com/missingpeople.uk
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 10.07.12 13:04

and so on

laughat

It can only be a matter of time before GM locks her in the attic.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by david_uk 10.07.12 13:08

Foggy Fogster It's like making Harold Shipman ambassador for help the aged.

sorry! I know I shouldnt, but had to laugh at the above post from missingpeople facebook page

david_uk

Activity : 342

Back to top Go down

Post by jozi 10.07.12 13:11

candyfloss wrote:I don't know david, but the facebook page is full of shall we say not nice comments. Aparently they have been deleting but more and more appear. Here is just one.......

S*** J**** I helped raise thousands of pounds for your charity last year as part of Rock Choir at Wembley. I'll never put another penny in your direction again. And that's such a shame for the other missing people.
about an hour ago

Link to comments....

That is good people are letting them know just What the public think of Kate being " Ambassador for Missing Children ". Absolutely Ludicrous.

As usual all the disgruntled posters are being deleted . Only nicey ones please !!!
jozi
jozi

Back to top Go down

Post by Liz Eagles 10.07.12 13:19

So, here we have Kate McCann 'launched' and here we have the Missing People charity's FB page swamped with negative comments. So much for helping missing people and so much for some idiot at the top of the charity who has chosen to use Kate as a 'maidenhead' for missing children. The sad thing is there are people out there with missing loved ones who have just had maybe their only comfort and hope damned by this Kate woman's launch today. Charities need money. Funds need them too. Kate has a fund already.
Liz Eagles
Liz Eagles

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 10.07.12 13:22

jozi wrote:
candyfloss wrote:I don't know david, but the facebook page is full of shall we say not nice comments. Aparently they have been deleting but more and more appear. Here is just one.......

about an hour ago

Link to comments....

That is good people are letting them know just What the public think of Kate being " Ambassador for Missing Children ". Absolutely Ludicrous.

As usual all the disgruntled posters are being deleted . Only nicey ones please !!!

I think they have given up on the deleting. Many have complained about it on there, .....

Sam W**** You NEED TO REMEMBER that as a CHARITY you depend largely on donations from the general public for you very survival. In adopting a strategy of deleting comments that challenge your appointing of Kate McCann as MP's ambassador you risk alienating the very people who, hitherto, have endorsed and helped fund your very existence as a charity.

Fostering an autocratic stance on any theme or action is never wise. Accordingly, supressing the voices of many who've always supported the aims/objectives of your cause is plain idiotic.

Daniel E****** Is this a Joke?. We may not know what happened to that poor girl, but we do know from Mrs McCann herself do we not , that she left 3 children alone under 4 yrs old in an unlocked holiday apartment on numerous evenings? one went 1missing1. I give for people like the Needhams, ive cancelled my dontations in protest. Obsurd decision

Denise H********* I will never give a penny to your charity, now you have Kate McCann as your ambassador. Ms Mccann should be in prison for child neglect at the very least, not swanning round as an ambassador to missing people and getting her face all over the media.

Shirley A***** This is outrageous and does nothing for the credibility of a respected Charity

Many, many more on there, only one in support.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by jozi 10.07.12 13:26

aquila wrote:So, here we have Kate McCann 'launched' and here we have the Missing People charity's FB page swamped with negative comments. So much for helping missing people and so much for some idiot at the top of the charity who has chosen to use Kate as a 'maidenhead' for missing children. The sad thing is there are people out there with missing loved ones who have just had maybe their only comfort and hope damned by this Kate woman's launch today. Charities need money. Funds need them too. Kate has a fund already.

Good Post .
agree
jozi
jozi

Back to top Go down

Post by Liz Eagles 10.07.12 13:28

OK, who's the idiot that appointed Kate McCann as 'maidenhead' of this charity? Cough up, sack her and resign. Let the charity do what it's supported and respected to do.
Liz Eagles
Liz Eagles

Back to top Go down

Post by Spaniel 10.07.12 13:28

The Missing website must be inundated, as they've made a crude attempt in covering their contact details

Spaniel
Spaniel

Activity : 769

Back to top Go down

Post by Liz Eagles 10.07.12 13:39

If I could say in one word the impact Kate has on this charity it is McCancer.
Liz Eagles
Liz Eagles

Back to top Go down

Post by tigger 10.07.12 13:39

It's interesting that this has come about without prior publication - just one big hit via the Sun and on This Morning.

That's it. Curious.

Like the luke-warm launch of the paperback with the extra chapter. Which was pre publicised but the actual launch of that was a damb squib.

Activity : 8532

http://fytton.blogspot.nl/

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 10.07.12 13:41

Comments coming thick and fast on facebook page........

Paula J**** I expect my comment not to be deleted because I contribute to your charity. Outside of any thoughts on the McCann case, Kate and Gerry McCann put their children in the creche every day and left them alone every night. That's not a family holiday. Therefore if Madeleine really was "abducted" the McCanns allowed that situation to happen by their lack of care. How can you appoint Kate McCann as an ambassador? Your image is now a joke and I am thoroughly disgusted.

5 minutes ago

Barry S**** The charity will not have any money now as people are putting on all sites, that they will not give anymore money until the McCann woman goes. Oh and on top of that, people are looking at a online petitions to get her removed. Well done you have shot yourselfs in the foot.
5 minutes ago

Daniel E***** Another thing, Is Kate donating to Missing people ? Surely there is a surplus in the fund as there is now a full Scotland Yard review and a review in Portugal going on to help find her daughter, which all these other poor parents have not been fortunate enough to have been given, why is the Mccann case so much more special?
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Cristobell 10.07.12 13:51

I think this has backfired on the charity, going by the comments page. TM have always managed to convince people that it is only a very small minority who criticize them, but now there is talk of petitions. This appointment is a step too far, even for those who may not have had strong views before.
Cristobell

Activity : 2552

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 21 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 12 ... 21  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top