The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

VIDEO - James Randi Exposes the TRICKERY of Making People 'Believe' (Secrets of the Psychics) Mm11

VIDEO - James Randi Exposes the TRICKERY of Making People 'Believe' (Secrets of the Psychics) Regist10
The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

VIDEO - James Randi Exposes the TRICKERY of Making People 'Believe' (Secrets of the Psychics) Mm11

VIDEO - James Randi Exposes the TRICKERY of Making People 'Believe' (Secrets of the Psychics) Regist10

VIDEO - James Randi Exposes the TRICKERY of Making People 'Believe' (Secrets of the Psychics)

View previous topic View next topic Go down

VIDEO - James Randi Exposes the TRICKERY of Making People 'Believe' (Secrets of the Psychics) Empty VIDEO - James Randi Exposes the TRICKERY of Making People 'Believe' (Secrets of the Psychics)

Post by HiDeHo 13.06.12 12:33

Fascinating look at how people can be convinced of a 'truth', but James Randi shows how TRICKERY can be used to make people 'believe'.

Are psychics able to give information as to Madeleine's whereabouts or are they taking advantage of people's 'need' to believe?

See Randi expose Peter Popoff who claimed to 'cure' people and had psychic ability to know the details of their condition. Randi, using a scanner shows that his wife was telling him the details on a wireless earpiece.

Uri Geller was unable to perform his abilities (famous for bending spoons) on 'The Tonight Show' after Johnny Carson enlisted James Randi to provide the objects and drawings. Randi shows how Uri Geller performed these 'miracles' when in control of the objects used.

See how Horoscopes are interpreted.

James Randi has offered $1,000,000 to anyone willing to 'prove' their ability by undergoing controlled tests. So far no-one has taken him up on his offer!

James Randi Exposes the TRICKERY of Making People 'Believe' (Secrets of the Psychics)

HiDeHo
HiDeHo
Researcher

Activity : 5076

http://forum2.aimoo.com/MadeleineMcCann

Back to top Go down

VIDEO - James Randi Exposes the TRICKERY of Making People 'Believe' (Secrets of the Psychics) Empty Re: VIDEO - James Randi Exposes the TRICKERY of Making People 'Believe' (Secrets of the Psychics)

Post by Guest 13.06.12 14:24

Excellent video - I don't think anything here will come as a surprise to David_UK!!

I did already know of James Randi but had forgotten about him being sued by Uri Geller; I'd never heard of the delightfully named Peter Popoff before - he certainly needed to be brought down a peg or two but, according to Wikipedia, he's back on track conning people left, right and centre.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

VIDEO - James Randi Exposes the TRICKERY of Making People 'Believe' (Secrets of the Psychics) Empty Re: VIDEO - James Randi Exposes the TRICKERY of Making People 'Believe' (Secrets of the Psychics)

Post by tigger 13.06.12 16:02

He's good at bringing down the fakes, but he doesn't touch the scientifically researched phenomena such as poltergeists.
I thought the astrology experiment was very weak, simply a very general sketch that could apply to anybody, so bound to fail. The number of people was also not significant in statistical terms.

I don't like the man and this film is made for or by him? Then the evidence is slanted. The people he's exposed are particularly bad at what they think they can do. Giving a picture of Ted Bundy to two women who fancy themselves as psychics isn't an experiment. Getting 10 different psychics to do the same experiment is. imo. I also don't like the way he walks around in that ridiculous monks' habit, what is he trying to prove?

Most magicians and mediums have plants in the audience, or amongst the people who are waiting in line to get into the theater. That's nothing new and technology has made it even easier. People are mad keen on instant healing and contacting the dead and there's a ready market for these fakes.
I had a friend who said that if he had to come back after death to spell out messages on a ouija board he'd rather not know about it beforehand. I agree.

I've only once had the pleasure of getting - I think a full half hour but it seemed longer - from apparently a famous US medium person/man.
Was persuaded by a friend, paid my tenner (total waste of money although slight entertainment value).
He was trying to prompt me by talking very fast - throwing in names - George, man with a cap - my mother was she still alive? He should know! I refused to accommodate him, kept saying I didn't know any of the people he seemed to be meeting.
Doesn't stop them, they just carry on regardless - said I was a perfectionist (who is going to say no to that? I said I was rather slap dash and lazy..) finally in desperation he got on to angels he could see who were strewing flowers in my path, he sighed a lot and said my life would improve in about a year or so.

Well, there you go - a new career for anyone who wants it - and don't forget always to mention that you feel someone's had trouble with their back. Amazing! Always works...

Activity : 8532

http://fytton.blogspot.nl/

Back to top Go down

Post by PeterMac 13.06.12 16:32

Put someone you have never met in a room adjacent to yours, where you have an audience.
The person has to say whether what yo are saying is correct or not.

Start with,
"I can tell you are good looking,
I can tell you are above average intelligence
I can tell you have a really nice personality
I can tell you can be firm, but I am getting the sense that you are always fair with it.
You are generous,
You are kind
You are a good father

But I can also sense that there was some unhappiness in your life.
"

and so on.
How many NOs are you going to get.

You are clearly psychic !
PeterMac
PeterMac
Investigator

Activity : 16591

http://whatreallyhappenedtomadeleinemccann.blogspot.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post by tigger 13.06.12 17:24

PeterMac wrote:Put someone you have never met in a room adjacent to yours, where you have an audience.

Start with,
I can tell you can be firm, but I am getting the sense that you are always fair with it.
You are generous,
You are kind
You are a good father

"

and so on.

But PM, I can tell from here that you're all of those things! winkwink

Back to top Go down

Post by PeterMac 13.06.12 19:26

tigger wrote:
PeterMac wrote:Put someone you have never met in a room adjacent to yours, where you have an audience.
Start with,
You are generous,
You are kind
You are a good father
"
and so on.
But PM, I can tell from here that you're all of those things! winkwink
And I, you !
PeterMac
PeterMac
Investigator

Activity : 16591

http://whatreallyhappenedtomadeleinemccann.blogspot.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post by HiDeHo 15.06.12 2:07

The 'point' behind the video was not intentionally to debunk psychics. I, personally have never seen anything to suggest they are any more than money or attention grabbers, but I could be wrong.

I was hoping it would be recognised how people can be gullible.

GM claimed from the beginning...'Abduction' 'Abduction' and there seemed no reason to consider otherwise for many people. (After the fact, without knowing a thing I asked if Kate had tears in her eyes...I was told 'No'. From that moment I was skeptical but decided if if I was going to have an opinion I needed to become knowledgeable. (I had NO idea where it would take me! lol)

Gerry tells 'Abduction'...Honest people believe him....they feel sorry for the couple, maybe send money...they go through the next 5 years being told the poor parents are still searching but won't give up. Many people believe that and continue to feel sorry for them as there are a few 'nutters' that don't believe them but they are such a nice couple.

Maybe a few start to see the information on the internet and change their mind but the majority in UK rely on media for info.

They are shown cadaver dogs....blood in the apartment...Well...that's just those 'nutters' because there is 'Absolutely no evidence' and....well, if there was they would have been charged.

Supposing someone starts to question.....How easy would it be for them to claim they were wrong? Who would choose to become 'one of those nutters'...one of those disgusting people who dare to suggest such a nice couple could be involved....

They are told the McCanns are 'innocent' and of course they believe it...Why wouldn't you? Many in the UK 'knows' they are innocent as all the media 'tells' them so.

Maybe this video explains...

Everyone Believed Two Swindlers except One Boy Who Told the Truth - Danny Kaye 'King's New Clothes'

HiDeHo
HiDeHo
Researcher

Activity : 5076

http://forum2.aimoo.com/MadeleineMcCann

Back to top Go down

Post by tigger 15.06.12 5:57

You're so right HideHo. It's nothing new. It's been explained to me that we're basically apes who tell stories. The narrative Ape.

The story was very good - a fairy story of an ugly evil man and the most beautiful little girl in the world - stolen from her bed because a wicked king had seen her and wanted her for himself. The execution was lousy but who cared? The papers who spin us daily stories don't care about truth - stories are money and fame for everyone.
Unfortunately for the McCanns, a lot of people - many of them parents with toddlers of that age, believed less and less because everything the McCanns said and did, disproved their own story.
This guy is such a fake himself though, some of the people he debunked probably were 100% convinced they had these gifts, like the two Russian ladies. So he wasn't exposing fakes in all cases at all.
In the McCanns' case, the pictures and the story did't quite match. The lost child wasn't the main character in the story at all, it was the parents, the parents and the parents again.

Back to top Go down

Post by Littlefish 15.06.12 8:07

Thanks so much for posting the Danny Kaye video HiDeHo; it reminds me of my childhood! So many times since, I've thought about 'The Emperor's New Clothes'. It encapsulates perfectly how people can lie through cowardice. We all want to be popular, but if it's at the expense of the truth, then shame on us! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Littlefish
Littlefish

Activity : 28

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top