The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

Kate and Gerry McCann accuse judges of ‘nonsensical contradictions’ after court ruling they’re not in the clear over daughter Maddie’s disappearance Mm11

Kate and Gerry McCann accuse judges of ‘nonsensical contradictions’ after court ruling they’re not in the clear over daughter Maddie’s disappearance Regist10
The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

Kate and Gerry McCann accuse judges of ‘nonsensical contradictions’ after court ruling they’re not in the clear over daughter Maddie’s disappearance Mm11

Kate and Gerry McCann accuse judges of ‘nonsensical contradictions’ after court ruling they’re not in the clear over daughter Maddie’s disappearance Regist10

Kate and Gerry McCann accuse judges of ‘nonsensical contradictions’ after court ruling they’re not in the clear over daughter Maddie’s disappearance

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Kate and Gerry McCann accuse judges of ‘nonsensical contradictions’ after court ruling they’re not in the clear over daughter Maddie’s disappearance Empty Kate and Gerry McCann accuse judges of ‘nonsensical contradictions’ after court ruling they’re not in the clear over daughter Maddie’s disappearance

Post by loopzdaloop 21.02.17 10:17

MCCANNS HIT BACK 
Kate and Gerry McCann accuse judges of ‘nonsensical contradictions’ after court ruling they’re not in the clear over daughter Maddie’s disappearance

Missing Madeleine's parents blast judges after court defeat against cop who claimed they faked daughter's disappearance

BY ELLIE CAMBRIDGE

21st February 2017, 8:43 am

THE parents of missing Madeleine McCann have accused the Supreme Court judges who ruled against them in their court fight with ex-police chief Goncalo Amaral of “contradictions”.
Gerry and Kate McCann have said they strongly disagree with the judges’ ruling that the lifting of their status as formal suspects does not mean they are innocent of any involvement.

Kate and Gerry McCann accuse judges of ‘nonsensical contradictions’ after court ruling they’re not in the clear over daughter Maddie’s disappearance Nintchdbpict0002984632264
[size=10]PA:PRESS ASSOCIATION

Gerry and Kate McCann, parents of missing Madeleine, have accused judges of contradictions after ruling against them in the fight against a former detective
Kate and Gerry McCann accuse judges of ‘nonsensical contradictions’ after court ruling they’re not in the clear over daughter Maddie’s disappearance Nintchdbpict0002984628963
PA:PRESS ASSOCIATION

Madeleine McCann was aged three when she disappeared almost 10 years ago while on holiday with her family in Portugal
Their daughter disappeared in Portugal on May 3, 2007, while staying in a holiday villa with her family.
The Supreme Court issued the premise earlier this month after backing Amaral over his book The Truth of the Life – in this he claims the McCann’s faked their daughter’s abduction to cover up her death.
The couple’s fight back was laid out in a nine-page complaint revealed today, was lodged with the Supreme Court last Friday in a bid to invalidate its ruling rejecting the McCanns’ libel appeal against Amaral and the makers of a TV documentary based on his book.[/size]

The document, drafted by the McCanns’ Portuguese lawyer Isabel Duarte and and her colleague Ricardo Correia, says: “The appellants understand the archiving of the case took place because during the inquiry, sufficient evidence had been collected to show the ‘arguidos’ had not committed any crime.”
Accusing them of acting “frivolously” and contradicting themselves with their statements about the reasons for the 2008 probe archive, they added: “It cannot be stated that it is not acceptable that the archiving of the case is considered the equivalent to proof of innocence.”
Amaral was previously ordered to pay the McCann’s €500,000 in a Lisbon court in April 2015. He successfully overturned this payment, and a ban on selling his book, in April last year.
Kate and Gerry, both 48, of Rothley, Leicestershire, have said they will sue if ‘The Truth of the Lie’ is sold in Britain.
They said in a statement after learning of the Supreme Court ruling against them: “What we have been told by our lawyers is obviously extremely disappointing.

“It is eight years since we brought the action, and in that time the landscape has changed dramatically, namely there is now a joint Metropolitan Police and Policia Judiciaria investigation which is what we have always wanted.
“The police in both countries continue to work on the basis that there is no evidence Madeleine has come to physical harm.
“We will of course be discussing the implications of the Supreme Court ruling with our lawyers in due course.”
The decision by Lisbon’s Court of Appeal sparked the Supreme Court fight which was resolved on January 31.
The full 76-page ruling which sparked the new legal challenge by the McCanns was released just under a week later.
Judges made it clear in their decision their job was not to decide whether the McCanns bore any criminal responsibility over their daughter’s disappearance and it would be wrong for anyone to draw any inferences about the couple’s guilt or innocence from their ruling.

Kate and Gerry McCann accuse judges of ‘nonsensical contradictions’ after court ruling they’re not in the clear over daughter Maddie’s disappearance Nintchdbpict000298382665
PA:PRESS ASSOCIATION

Former detective Goncalo Amaral, as Kate and Gerry McCann, the parents of missing Madeleine McCann, have said they were disappointed after Portugal’s highest court threw out their libel case against him

[size=86]h
[/size]
Top cop says there's 'no proof Madeleine is dead'
But they added: “It should not be said that the appellants were cleared via the ruling announcing the archiving of the criminal case.
“In truth, that ruling was not made in virtue of Portugal’s Public Prosecution Service having acquired the conviction that the appellants hadn’t committed a crime.
“The archiving of the case was determined by the fact that public prosecutors hadn’t managed to obtain sufficient evidence of the practice of crimes by the appellants.
“There is therefore a significant, and not merely a semantic difference, between the legally admissible foundations of the archive ruling.
“It doesn’t therefore seem acceptable that the ruling, based on the insufficiency of evidence, should be equated to proof of innocence.”

[size=86]h
[/size]
Madeleine McCann: Scotland Yard boss on remaining lead
They added, highlighting the McCanns’ Tapas Nine friend Jane Tanner’s much-questioned sighting of the suspected ‘abductor’: “It’s true that the aforementioned criminal inquiry ended up being archived, namely because none of the apparent evidence that led to the appellants being made ‘arguidos’ was subsequently confirmed or consolidated.
“However even the archive ruling raises serious concerns relating to the truth of the allegation that Madeleine was kidnapped.”
Portuguese police chiefs said late last year they were “completely in tune” with British detectives still investigating Madeleine’s disappearance, appearing to end years of tension between the two forces whose theories on the youngster’s fate have differed wildly.
Portuguese prosecutors reopened their probe into Madeleine McCann’s disappearance in May 2014, and are now working in close coordination with Scotland Yard’s scaled-down Operation Grange probe into Madeleine’s fate.
Earlier this month the McCann's hit out at the “insensitive” way their daughter has been drawn into the controversial TV drama about the fake kidnap of Shannon Matthews.
And a tour guide defended his “ghoulish” business giving trips around the apartment where the youngster went missing – insisting he’s just trying to help find the missing toddler.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/2915314/madeleine-mccann-parents-kate-gerry-legal-battle-cop-goncalo-amaral/

Perhaps they might like to try and clear up a number of 'nonsensical contradictions' themselves.

I wonder if they're playing with fire here in trying to get the court to clarify whats been going on.
How do we get hold of the '9 page complaint' that has been given to court?
loopzdaloop
loopzdaloop

Activity : 481

Back to top Go down

Kate and Gerry McCann accuse judges of ‘nonsensical contradictions’ after court ruling they’re not in the clear over daughter Maddie’s disappearance Empty Re: Kate and Gerry McCann accuse judges of ‘nonsensical contradictions’ after court ruling they’re not in the clear over daughter Maddie’s disappearance

Post by nglfi 21.02.17 11:08

They have never appeared in court on a charge relating to Madeleine's disappearance. Therefore, until that day comes they can never be 'ruled innocent'. What is confusing about this? I previously credited them with some intelligence but I'm starting to seriously doubt this.
nglfi

Activity : 866

Back to top Go down

Kate and Gerry McCann accuse judges of ‘nonsensical contradictions’ after court ruling they’re not in the clear over daughter Maddie’s disappearance Empty Re: Kate and Gerry McCann accuse judges of ‘nonsensical contradictions’ after court ruling they’re not in the clear over daughter Maddie’s disappearance

Post by nglfi 21.02.17 11:29

Also, I may have read it wrongly, but I thought the crux of the argument rejecting their appeal centred more around their own encouragement of the media than the arguido aspect. I thought the ruling basically said that because Sr Amaral's book didn't add anything new, because the information was already in the public domain, and because the McCanns themselves encouraged the media invasion, that the book didn't infringe on any of their rights. I didn't think the fact that there is still some suspicion surrounding formed the main part of the ruling.
nglfi

Activity : 866

Back to top Go down

Post by Jill Havern 21.02.17 11:37

judges' ruling that they have not been cleared of any involvement in the girl's disappearance is full of 'contradictions'  . . "

Contradictions . . .
As in
Shutters smashed, jemmied, forced, and open - and NOT smashed, jemmied, forced, and open
As in
Curtains wide open, and tight closed
As in
Entry through the front door using his key - and going in through the unlocked patio door
As in
not wearing watches - and wearing watches and using them to get exact timings
As in 
whizzing down a water slide - and not whizzing down a non-existent waterslide
As in
Sitting by the pool in bright sunshine for a photo - and doing so on a cold, windy and cloudy day

Or does "contradictions' mean something else ?

Jill Havern
Jill Havern
Forum Owner & Chief Faffer

Activity : 41706

Back to top Go down

Post by Judex 21.02.17 11:42

https://joana-morais.blogspot.co.uk/2017/02/maddie-parents-accuse-supreme-court.html

"There is a massive difference between being innocent and being cleared by an archival. The McCanns can always claim they are innocent but they cannot claim they have been declared innocent by the archival.

This issue was only addressed as a reply to the points in the appeal, points that were made by the McCanns themselves.

An annulment can only be considered on points of law, which would never include frivolity as an allegation.

In no way do we believe that frivolity may be invoked regarding the explanation of what a shelving of an investigation process means, about three Supreme Court judges when writing a structured and impartial decision which is available to read in its entirety and due context.

Finally, it is possible the judges will consider the frivolity allegation as defamatory and take legal action against the couple."

.... As they say in Portuguese, "Oxalá fosse verdade!"
Judex

Activity : 175

Back to top Go down

Post by Jill Havern 21.02.17 11:47

Kate and Gerry McCann accuse judges of ‘nonsensical contradictions’ after court ruling they’re not in the clear over daughter Maddie’s disappearance When_y10

Jill Havern
Jill Havern

Back to top Go down

Post by ChippyM 21.02.17 11:52

"The appellants understand the archiving of the case took place because during the inquiry, sufficient evidence had been collected to show the ‘arguidos’ had not committed any crime.”

They believe they know what the archiving process means and the  Portuguese supreme court doesn't?!
ChippyM

Activity : 1817

Back to top Go down

Post by plebgate 21.02.17 12:22

Thanks Joanna.   So the Supreme Court Judges could sue?  Wooooooooow.

You know what I think:

You gotta know when to hold em, know when to fold  em - as the song goes.

I might try and get on the next X-Factor auditions singing that song and hope it reaches No. 1. big grin

If I forget to add it to a post everything is In My Opinion and I don't know anything for sure.
roll
plebgate

Activity : 8938

Back to top Go down

Post by sallypelt 21.02.17 12:26

plebgate wrote:Thanks Joanna.   So the Supreme Court Judges could sue?  Wooooooooow.

You know what I think:

You gotta know when to hold em, know when to fold  em - as the song goes.

I might try and get on the next X-Factor auditions singing that song and hope it reaches No. 1. big grin
Plebgate, this is one of my all time favourites:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jj4nJ1YEAp4

On a warm summer's eve
On a train bound for nowhere
I met up with the gambler
We were both too tired to sleep
So we took turns a-starin'
Out the window at the darkness
The boredom overtook us,
And he began to speak
He said, "Son, I've made a life
Out of readin' people's faces
Knowin' what the cards were
By the way they held their eyes
So if you don't mind me sayin'
I can see you're out of aces
For a taste of your whiskey
I'll give you some advice"
So I handed him my bottle
And he drank down my last swallow
Then he bummed a cigarette
And asked me for a light
And the night got deathly quiet
And his faced lost all expression
He said, "If you're gonna play the game, boy
You gotta learn to play it right
You've got to know when to hold 'em
Know when to fold 'em
Know when to walk away
And know when to run
You never count your money
When you're sittin' at the table
There'll be time enough for countin'
When the dealin's done
Every gambler knows
That the secret to survivin'
Is knowin' what to throw away
And knowin' what to keep
'Cause every hand's a winner
And every hand's a loser
And the best that you can hope for is to die
in your sleep
And when he finished speakin'
He turned back toward the window
Crushed out his cigarette
And faded off to sleep
And somewhere in the darkness
The gambler he broke even
But in his final words
I found an ace that I could keep
sallypelt

Activity : 5319

Back to top Go down

Post by whatsupdoc 21.02.17 13:14

First of all, I am very pleased at the verdict of the Portuguese Supreme Court. I have supported Dr. Amaral 100% since 2007. I do believe GA and the Court know quite a lot more about the case than we do but are keeping their power dry.

I do wonder whether any appeal will be registered as one is on very dodgy ground when complaining that Judges acted frivolously. The result would most likely be one of Contempt of Court, imo.

GM said in the beginning that the prospects for keeping a high profile in the long term were good and , in fact, did hope for a big event to take place in 2008. Not all the celebs were gullible or felt obliged.

Filibustering seems to apply to the McCann plan, aided and abetted by PMs.
whatsupdoc
whatsupdoc

Activity : 953

Back to top Go down

Back to top Go down

Post by whatsupdoc 21.02.17 13:42

What's_up_doc? wrote:Hi Whatsupdoc I'm  What's_up_doc? This could be interesting!

A small w , please.  Yes, I noticed your name a day or two ago. Welcome to CMOMM.

The first time I saw the McCanns was in their outside tv appearance where they asked for help in searching for Madeleine. Kate said some words in Portuguese or Spanish. This was in the first day or two. I , and many more, detected that things weren't right as early as that.
whatsupdoc
whatsupdoc

Activity : 953

Back to top Go down

Post by suzyjohnson 21.02.17 14:22

How is it possible, for the last eight years, that the McCanns have not realised that they were never cleared by the PJ?

Didn't they translate the files and read them? Because we all knew about it, and there has been plenty of discussion on the internet. 

I wouldn't have thought it was all that complicated to understand.

suzyjohnson

Activity : 1542

Back to top Go down

Post by Mirage 21.02.17 15:57

The undisputed world champions of nonsensical contradictions accuse Supreme Court judges in Portugal of, er, nonsensical contradictions.

The world grows weary of them. How to clear your name whilst clagging it up at the same time.

Mirage

Activity : 2711

Back to top Go down

Post by plebgate 21.02.17 16:02

Mirage wrote:The undisputed world champions of nonsensical contradictions accuse Supreme Court judges in Portugal of, er, nonsensical contradictions.

The world grows weary of them. How to clear your name whilst clagging it up at the same time.

You really could not make this up but since reading courtesy of Joana that the  Supreme Court judges could take action against them it has made me realise just what a terrible position they might have put themselves in if this latest complaint/sort of appeal - fails.

If I forget to add it to a post everything is In My Opinion and I don't know anything for sure.
roll
plebgate

Back to top Go down

Post by Jill Havern 21.02.17 16:11

plebgate wrote:
Mirage wrote:The undisputed world champions of nonsensical contradictions accuse Supreme Court judges in Portugal of, er, nonsensical contradictions.

You really could not make this up but since reading courtesy of Joana that the  Supreme Court judges could take action against them it has made me realise just what a terrible position they might have put themselves in if this latest complaint/sort of appeal - fails.

Then they'll sue Isabel Duarte and make her miserable and feel fear.

Jill Havern
Jill Havern

Back to top Go down

Post by plebgate 21.02.17 16:12

@Sallypelt - thanks for posting full words.   Very true words indeed.

roll
plebgate

Back to top Go down

Post by MayMuse 21.02.17 16:30

suzyjohnson wrote:How is it possible, for the last eight years, that the McCanns have not realised that they were never cleared by the PJ?

Didn't they translate the files and read them? Because we all knew about it, and there has been plenty of discussion on the internet. 

I wouldn't have thought it was all that complicated to understand.
They know they were not cleared, and are not cleared. 
They just want to get it "annulled" so that they can continue on their "Madeleine has come to no harm" etc etc $$$$$

It's a "rocky" road. 

In my opinion.

Robert Murat talking to David Jones, Daily Mail, 02 June 2007
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-459316/Madeleine-Is-Robert-Murat-suspect-scapegoat.html
MayMuse

Activity : 3472

Back to top Go down

Post by plebgate 21.02.17 16:31

Get'emGonçalo wrote:
plebgate wrote:

Well I would not be at all surprised to wake up one morning and read those headlines that's for sure.   What a right old pickle all of this seems to be.

roll
plebgate

Back to top Go down

Post by MayMuse 21.02.17 16:38

plebgate wrote:
Get'emGonçalo wrote:
plebgate wrote:

Well I would not be at all surprised to wake up one morning and read those headlines that's for sure.   What a right old pickle all of this seems to be.
Have had the same thought, especially as she was told to "shut up", then we have  MSM doing the "work" of informing the world of the  McCanns  "complaint " and Isabel Duarte added a bit like an appeal ?

What is  "a bit like an appeal" mean, does anyone have a clue? 

Then MWT This Morning said, as he had spoken to them apparently, that they are "considering a complaint" 

SIGH**************

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-459316/Madeleine-Is-Robert-Murat-suspect-scapegoat.html
MayMuse

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 21.02.17 16:54

Noise.... noise... noise... fighting it... noise... noise.... noise... innocent..... noise.... noise... noise.... complaint.... noise.... noise... noise... appeal.... noise... noise... noise...

I suspect ID did nothing that would amount to anything - just a token gesture.

But it gave the UK media something for them to save a bit of face.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by JRP 21.02.17 17:03

I'm not too well up on the law in this country never mind Portugal, but I'm pretty sure a client can't sue his/her solicitor/barrister/legal person in this country for losing a case.
I once threatened a solicitor with writing a letter complaint to the law society, and he gave me a refund of what I'd paid him, and hadn't done, but I think that was more of a good will gesture on his behalf than anything else.
JRP

Activity : 1176

Back to top Go down

Post by MayMuse 21.02.17 17:08

JRP wrote:I'm not too well up on the law in this country never mind Portugal, but I'm pretty sure a client can't sue his/her solicitor/barrister/legal person in this country for losing a case.
I once threatened a solicitor with writing a letter complaint to the law society, and he gave me a refund of what I'd paid him, and hadn't done, but I think that was more of a good will gesture on his behalf than anything else.
You complain to the Law Society for any misgivings about a solicitor in the UK, I think. 
Then it is in the hands of the Law Society to investigate. 

Open to being corrected.

MayMuse

Back to top Go down

Post by Paddington2007 21.02.17 17:09

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2017/02/21/madeleine-mccanns-parents-attack-portuguese-judges-acting-frivolously/

I don't think the Telegraph is particularly sympathetic towards Mr and Mrs McCann, a picture speaks a thousand words! Also the phrasing of the title!
Paddington2007

Activity : 26

Back to top Go down

Post by MayMuse 21.02.17 17:10

BlueBag wrote:Noise.... noise... noise... fighting it... noise... noise.... noise... innocent..... noise.... noise... noise.... complaint.... noise.... noise... noise... appeal.... noise... noise... noise...

I suspect ID did nothing that would amount to anything - just a token gesture.

But it gave the UK media something for them to save a bit of face.
I have some sympathy for Isabel Duarte, enough said.

MayMuse

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top