The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

Media Mayhem - MCCANN MEDIA NONSENSE OF THE DAY - Page 3 Mm11

Media Mayhem - MCCANN MEDIA NONSENSE OF THE DAY - Page 3 Regist10
The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

Media Mayhem - MCCANN MEDIA NONSENSE OF THE DAY - Page 3 Mm11

Media Mayhem - MCCANN MEDIA NONSENSE OF THE DAY - Page 3 Regist10

Media Mayhem - MCCANN MEDIA NONSENSE OF THE DAY

Page 3 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 21 ... 40  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Media Mayhem - MCCANN MEDIA NONSENSE OF THE DAY - Page 3 Empty Re: Media Mayhem - MCCANN MEDIA NONSENSE OF THE DAY

Post by ChippyM 20.02.17 19:17

This is probably going to be about his T.V. show where he claims to have access to all sorts of 'exclusive' information on famous unsolved cases.

It must have been filmed a while ago so I can't see him saying anything that would question the abduction story.
ChippyM

Activity : 1817

Back to top Go down

Media Mayhem - MCCANN MEDIA NONSENSE OF THE DAY - Page 3 Empty Re: Media Mayhem - MCCANN MEDIA NONSENSE OF THE DAY

Post by Verdi 20.02.17 20:45

MayMuse wrote:Whilst researching something else, a recommended for you on You Tube, the first aired ( 4th May 2007) Sky News on Madeleines disappearance, worth a watch ( listen) 

https://youtu.be/RazOGuQ_r8E
That MayMuse is a brilliant find thumbsup , I've never seen that before.  I will immediately post up on the video of the day thread - it's worthy of notice.

Before so doing, if I can just identify a few pertinent points (if my laptop will permit)..

> The Sky breaking news kicks off at 07:48 am on Friday 4th May 2007

> Continues at 10:18 am with further news, apparently from the Press Association

> Sky News reporter, standing outside Mark Warner London office, says the Ocean Club complex is self contained and cordoned off.  This is not true, the block occupied by the McCann group was outside the Ocean Club complex secure area.

> At 11:00 am Sky News are showing this image of Madeleine McCann..

Media Mayhem - MCCANN MEDIA NONSENSE OF THE DAY - Page 3 Madeleine-McCann-569497

(Note the prominent LOQK in the eye - described by her mother as a small fleck, hardly noticeable)

> They (the McCanns) left the door open supposedly so they could easily check on the children - every half hour.

> Already referring to the parents and 'Kate' and 'Gerry'

> 11:24 a reporter outside chez Rothley reporting on neighbours reaction - wandered off v. abduction

> Gerry McCann's boss at Leicester Royal Infirmary gives statement to press

> Alan Duncan MP interviewed outside Westminster.  Says he received a call to see if he could do anything to help.  He immediately call the British Ambassador in Portugal and was impressed by the urgency and seriousness with which the embassy are treating the case. 

This is all before lunchtime on Friday 4th May 2007

?

ex forum manager
ex forum manager

Activity : 41936

Back to top Go down

Post by MayMuse 20.02.17 20:55

Verdi wrote:
MayMuse wrote:Whilst researching something else, a recommended for you on You Tube, the first aired ( 4th May 2007) Sky News on Madeleines disappearance, worth a watch ( listen) 

That MayMuse is a brilliant find thumbsup , I've never seen that before.  I will immediately post up on the video of the day thread - it's worthy of notice.

Before so doing, if I can just identify a few pertinent points (if my laptop will permit)..

> Continues at 10:18 am with further news, apparently from the Press Association

> Sky News reporter, standing outside Mark Warner London office, says the Ocean Club complex is self contained and cordoned off.  This is not true, the block occupied by the McCann group was outside the Ocean Club complex secure area.

Media Mayhem - MCCANN MEDIA NONSENSE OF THE DAY - Page 3 Madeleine-McCann-569497

(Note the prominent LOQK in the eye - described by her mother as a small fleck, hardly noticeable)

> They (the McCanns) left the door open supposedly so they could easily check on the children - every half hour.

> 11:24 a reporter outside chez Rothley reporting on neighbours reaction - wandered off v. abduction

> Alan Duncan MP interviewed outside Westminster.  Says he received a call to see if he could do anything to help.  He immediately call the British Ambassador in Portugal and was impressed by the urgency and seriousness with which the embassy are treating the case. 

?
You are welcome, thanks for adding the info which is revealing. So it was the MP Alan Duncan who called the British Ambassador and the Doctors surgery called him to see if he could help? 
I have only learnt today how to upload a video ( after this link) so yes go ahead and repost, thanks yes

SaveSave

SaveSave

Robert Murat talking to David Jones, Daily Mail, 02 June 2007
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-459316/Madeleine-Is-Robert-Murat-suspect-scapegoat.html
MayMuse

Activity : 3472

Back to top Go down

Post by Roxyroo 20.02.17 21:10

I would hazard a guess that that eye has been mucked about with to look more prominent. Who agrees?

Activity : 727

Back to top Go down

Post by MayMuse 20.02.17 21:12

Roxyroo wrote:I would hazard a guess that that eye has been mucked about with to look more prominent. Who agrees?
I don't think so, as this is a still photo taken from a video of Madeleine.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-459316/Madeleine-Is-Robert-Murat-suspect-scapegoat.html
MayMuse

Back to top Go down

Post by Verdi 20.02.17 21:13

MayMuse wrote: So it was the MP Alan Duncan who called the British Ambassador , who was it who called this MP?
I think Alan Duncan said he got a call from the doctors surgery.  I know a local MP's public contact point is referred to as a 'surgery' but that's not how I interpret his words.  He also said he is not the local councillor for the Rothley (the McCanns residence) constituency.  Your guess is as good as mine.

ex forum manager
ex forum manager

Back to top Go down

Post by MayMuse 20.02.17 21:16

Verdi wrote:
MayMuse wrote: So it was the MP Alan Duncan who called the British Ambassador , who was it who called this MP?
I think Alan Duncan said he got a call from the doctors surgery.  I know a local MP's public contact point is referred to as a 'surgery' but that's not how I interpret his words.  He also said he is not the local councillor for the Rothley (the McCanns residence) constituency.  Your guess is as good as mine.
Thanks, yes he said call from the Doctors surgery, I took as the DRS McCanns, so it could have been the one where KM used to work or the hospital, again guesswork ( I edited my original post as listened again to his words, before you posted this, sorry)

MayMuse

Back to top Go down

Post by MayMuse 20.02.17 21:18

Verdi wrote:

?
PLUS, the original time of her being found missing is 9.45pm and NOT 10 o'clock. SaveSave

MayMuse

Back to top Go down

Post by Roxyroo 20.02.17 21:18

I.m sorry, but to me BOTH eyes look unusually bright and outlined in black. I know this is routine in the media, but if true, you have to wonder who made these decisions so quickly...

Activity : 727

Back to top Go down

Post by MayMuse 20.02.17 21:36

Roxyroo wrote:I.m sorry, but to me BOTH eyes look unusually bright and outlined in black. I know this is routine in the media, but if true, you have to wonder who made these decisions so quickly...

@1.22/3 You can see the black area around her eyes. 

MayMuse

Back to top Go down

Post by petunia 20.02.17 21:44

It will be the same old,same old and his interview will probably only wind us up,but hey oh I'm sure he will have run It through Kate and Gerry has to what he can and can't say all in It together and all that.
petunia

Activity : 607

Back to top Go down

Post by Mirage 20.02.17 22:52

"Both were at one stage official suspects for a day in July 2008 following the adduction."

The above, believe it or not, is from an article in the Leicester Mercury today, entitled: "McCann's fight decision to reverse their libel win against police chief's claims about Madeleine."

Did any of these reporters ever go to school? Such derisory copy.

http://m.leicestermercury.co.uk/mccann-s-fight-decision-to-reverse-their-libel-win-against-police-chief-s-claims-about-madeleine/story-30149203-detail/story.html
Mirage

Activity : 2711

Back to top Go down

Post by MayMuse 20.02.17 23:43

Havent seen this video before of the Madeleine campaign promotion with Jon Corner and Susan Healy. Worth watching. 

MayMuse

Back to top Go down

Post by mootle 23.02.17 23:21

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4254466/British-gran-buys-apartment-Maddie-disappeared-from.html

A British grandmother has bought the apartment in Portugal where Madeleine McCann vanished for half the asking price. 
Kathleen Macguire-Cotton, who is in her 60s, is said to have snapped up the apartment for £113,000 after it had been on the market for £255,000.
She has revealed how sightseers have offered her cash to see inside, but has vowed never to let them enter apartment 5a at the Ocean Complex in Praia da Luz as a mark of respect.
Media Mayhem - MCCANN MEDIA NONSENSE OF THE DAY - Page 3 3D97269A00000578-0-image-a-1_1487889075411

The apartment Madeleine McCann vanished from in May 2007 has been sold to a British gran
Media Mayhem - MCCANN MEDIA NONSENSE OF THE DAY - Page 3 3D97264400000578-0-image-a-2_1487889078834

British grandmother vowed never to let sightseers into the flat interested in Maddie (pictured)
Mrs Macguire-Cotton told The Sun: 'I’ve been offered money by the whole world but I’m not interested.
'I don’t think that’s very fair to the McCann family or the people of Praia da Luz, upsetting everybody – it’s terrible.
'It happened a long time ago and I don’t have any opinions on it.'
The grandmother, from Southport, Merseyside, had been staying in the apartment for years and actually bought the flat some years ago.
Madeleine McCann disappeared from the apartment in May 2007.
Media Mayhem - MCCANN MEDIA NONSENSE OF THE DAY - Page 3 03B10F23000003E8-4254466-Madeleine_then_aged_3_years_old_vanished_from_an_apartment_in_Pr-a-11_1487889756766

Madeleine, then aged 3-years-old, vanished from an apartment in Praia da Luz as her parents ate at the nearby restaurant
Detectives are said to be working on a theory that she was kidnapped by a European trafficking gang with an apparent 9,000 sightings of her across the world since she went missing. 
At the early stages of the investigation journalists from Portuguese magazine Sol speculated that her parents were involved in the disappearance but allegations against them were dismissed quickly. 

RELATED ARTICLES

• Previous
  • Next

• Media Mayhem - MCCANN MEDIA NONSENSE OF THE DAY - Page 3 38A7A4F200000578-0-image-m-71_1486739225650 KATIE HOPKINS: The McCanns hate Maddie being named in the... Media Mayhem - MCCANN MEDIA NONSENSE OF THE DAY - Page 3 188BBAA200000578-0-image-m-33_1486558796227 Madeleine McCann's parents blast BBC's controversial drama...

Share this article

Gerry and Kate still hold hope that their eldest daughter, who would now be 13, is still alive despite being missing for close to a decade. 
This could be Operation Grange's final year of searching for the missing child. 
They have been concentrating on the notion that she was sold by child traffickers – her parents' and their first team of private investigators' initial hunch – and could still be alive.
So far the inquiry, launched in May 2011 on orders of then Prime Minister David Cameron, has cost more than £12million with topped-up funds set to run out at the end of March. 
Media Mayhem - MCCANN MEDIA NONSENSE OF THE DAY - Page 3 33D34E4A00000578-0-image-m-7_1487703378396

Parents Gerry and Kate McCann were dining at a Tapas bar in the Algarve resort of Praia da Luz, Portugal when their eldest daughter went missing 
Maddie's parents Gerry and Kate McCann, who were eating tapas in a bar in the Algarve when their daughter went missing, were hit with a fresh blow of anguish this month.
The Portuguese Supreme Court ruled they had not proved they were innocent in the disappearance. 
The McCanns accused the Supreme Court judges who ruled against them in their court fight with ex-police chief Goncalo Amaral of nonsensical 'contradictions'.
Furious Gerry and Kate made it clear through lawyers that they strongly disagreed with the judges' 'erroneous' premise the lifting of their status as 'arguidos' or formal suspects did not mean they were innocent of any involvement in their daughter's May 3, 2007 disappearance.
Media Mayhem - MCCANN MEDIA NONSENSE OF THE DAY - Page 3 1D9CA07A00000578-4254466-image-a-13_1487890135357

Madeline McCann who went missing in 2007
Portugal's Supreme Court issued its devastating put-down earlier this month when it backed Amaral over his hurtful 2008 book The Truth of the Lie in which he claimed the McCanns faked Madeleine's abduction to cover up her death in their Algarve holiday apartment.
Judges angered the McCanns by claiming the July 2008 archiving of the first Portuguese probe into their daughter's disappearance 'was determined by the fact that public prosecutors hadn't managed to obtain sufficient evidence of the practice of crimes' by them.
The couple's fight-back was laid out in a nine-page complaint revealed this week.
It was lodged with the Supreme Court last Friday in a bid to invalidate its ruling rejecting the McCanns' libel appeal against Amaral and the makers of a TV documentary based on his book.
The document, drafted by the McCanns' Portuguese lawyer Isabel Duarte and her colleague Ricardo Correia, says: 'The appellants understand the archiving of the case took place because during the inquiry, sufficient evidence had been collected to show the 'arguidos' had not committed any crime.'
They said the removal of the McCanns' 'arguido' status had legally binding connotations and claimed the Supreme Court judges' argument 'lacked foundation and could be easily altered'.
Accusing them of acting 'frivolously' and contradicting themselves with their statements about the reasons for the 2008 probe archive, they added: 'It cannot be stated that it is not acceptable that the archiving of the case is considered the equivalent to proof of innocence.'
Mrs Duarte confirmed at the weekend the McCanns had lodged a formal complaint against the latest court ruling, although she declined to go into detail about why and how they were fighting it. 
Media Mayhem - MCCANN MEDIA NONSENSE OF THE DAY - Page 3 0885988300000514-4254466-Kate_and_Gerry_McCann_have_accused_the_Supreme_Court_judges_who_-a-15_1487890478216

Kate and Gerry McCann have accused the Supreme Court judges who ruled against them in their court fight with ex-police chief Goncalo Amaral of nonsensical 'contradictions'
Media Mayhem - MCCANN MEDIA NONSENSE OF THE DAY - Page 3 281AD00C00000578-4254466-Goncalo_Amaral_s_2008_book_The_Truth_of_the_Lie_claimed_the_McCa-a-14_1487890476786

Goncalo Amaral's 2008 book 'The Truth of the Lie' claimed the McCanns faked Madeleine's abduction to cover up her death
On Tuesday, the McCanns were forced to hit out at TV show for hiring an ex-police officer who told the nation what he thinks happened to their daughter.
Kate and Gerry McCann hit out at ITV's This Morning for using Mark Williams-Thomas, now an investigative journalist, for voicing his 'astonishing new theory' about Madeleine's disappearance, a close friend said on Tuesday.
The couple have always insisted their three-year-old daughter was snatched from a Portuguese holiday flat while they were dining in a nearby tapas bar, either by a sex fiend or during a botched burglary nearly ten years ago.
But TV detective Mr Williams-Thomas, believes the unsettled youngster walked out of the unlocked apartment searching for her parents in the poolside restaurant.
The McCann's spokesman Clarence Mitchell said: 'This is pure speculation and as such Kate and Gerry will not be dignifying it with any sort comment whatsoever.'
Media Mayhem - MCCANN MEDIA NONSENSE OF THE DAY - Page 3 3D7BBC2100000578-4254466-Mark_Williams_Thomas_theorises_that_Madeleine_McCann_left_her_ho-a-16_1487890629599

Mark Williams-Thomas theorises that Madeleine McCann left her holiday flat to look for her parents on the night she went missing
A source close to the pair said: 'It's baffling a television programme had him on as an authority on the Madeleine case. He's re-invented himself as a criminologist but when did he become an expert on this high profile case? Never!'
The friend added: 'He said he had received a statement from the McCann's saying they were pleased there was an on-going investigation which they hoped would unearth some news but they haven't been in contact with him, neither has their spokesperson.
'It seems he was re-hashing a years-old statement that was circulated to all the media.'
Former police officer, Mark Williams-Thomas, theorises that the child woke up in the middle of the night and wandered off in search of Gerry and Kate McCann who were dining at a Tapas bar in the Algarve resort of Praia da Luz.
Williams-Thomas went to the resort just days after Madeleine went missing on May 3, 2007 aged three and has followed the unsolved case since.
Speaking This Morning as part of a new series on unsolved crimes on Tuesday he said: 'On that morning of Madeleine's disappearance, we do know she went to [her parents] Gerry and Kate and said: 'Where were you last night?' he explained.
'Because we know the twins did wake up on days prior to her disappearance.
'And I think as a result of that, Madeline was clearly aware they were in the tapas bar that was in the resort.
'Now the interesting element in that is in order to get to the tapas bar you had to actually come out of the premises, walk on a public road to go back in again.
The McCann source added: 'With no disrespect to this investigative reporter he is forever trying to latch himself onto the Maddie case. He's said this all before and he once stood outside Apartment 5a reporting his same old belief.
'Allowing him on This Morning to air his views won't help the show get in Kate and Gerry's good books. But they're not going to fall out with him over this. It's all based on speculation and it's a free country and they've got enough to be dealing with.'
Former GP Kate and heart doctor Gerry, both 48, of Rothley, Leics, believe Maddie could still be alive and have never given up hope of finding her. They face the heart-breaking 10th anniversary of her disappearance in 10 weeks. She would now be aged 13.
Mr Williams-Thomas boasts he has 'far-reaching experience of working at the centre of high profile investigations.'
The self-styled commentator boasts on his website how he has 'over the last decade reported on the biggest crime stories.' 

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4254466/British-gran-buys-apartment-Maddie-disappeared-from.html#ixzz4ZYNjcpmN
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook
mootle
mootle

Activity : 145

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanmonroe 24.02.17 1:51

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4254466/British-gran-buys-apartment-Maddie-disappeared-from.html

Portugal's Supreme Court issued its devastating put-down earlier this month when it backed Amaral over his hurtful 2008 book The Truth of the Lie in which he claimed the McCanns faked Madeleine's abduction to cover up her death in their Algarve holiday apartment.
Judges angered the McCanns by claiming the July 2008 archiving of the first Portuguese probe into their daughter's disappearance 'was determined by the fact that public prosecutors hadn't managed to obtain sufficient evidence of the practice of crimes' by them.
The couple's fight-back was laid out in a nine-page complaint revealed this week.
It was lodged with the Supreme Court last Friday in a bid to invalidate its ruling rejecting the McCanns' libel appeal against Amaral and the makers of a TV documentary based on his book.
The document, drafted by the McCanns' Portuguese lawyer Isabel Duarte and her colleague Ricardo Correia, says: 'The appellants understand the archiving of the case took place because during the inquiry, sufficient evidence had been collected to show the 'arguidos' had not committed any crime.'
They said the removal of the McCanns' 'arguido' status had legally binding connotations and claimed the Supreme Court judges' argument 'lacked foundation and could be easily altered'.
Accusing them of acting 'frivolously' and contradicting themselves with their statements about the reasons for the 2008 probe archive, they added: 'It cannot be stated that it is not acceptable that the archiving of the case is considered the equivalent to proof of innocence.'
Mrs Duarte confirmed at the weekend the McCanns had lodged a formal complaint against the latest court ruling, although she declined to go into detail about why and how they were fighting it.
-------------------------------------------------------

Actually it was LAST MONTH the PSC 'issued it's devastating put-down'! (31st January 2017)

Anyway:

Quelle surprise?............Er, NON!

'last Friday' was the 17th February 2017..................18 (EIGHTEEN) 'days' AFTER the PSC 'judgement' against McS.

Best-selling Portuguese daily Correio da Manha said "the couple were seeking to get the Supreme Court decision invalidated after launching a formal complaint against the judges' findings."

"It was known they had 10 days to file an objection with court officials."

'Supposedly' they ONLY had 10 (TEN) 'days' from the date of 'judgement' to 'lodge a complaint/appeal' against the 'judgement'.

Have, as has happened before, with the McS, they, erm, 'accidentally', on purpose, MISSED the 'deadline' for lodging 'an appeal'?

All for the 'show'?

'look at us, guys, always 'fighting',.........but 'knowing', full well, their 'complaint' is 'actually INVALID'?

All 'done' to keep their 'donators' (if any) happy'?

thinking

Who 'knows'?

Not me!
jeanmonroe

Activity : 7756

Back to top Go down

Post by wickerman 24.02.17 2:47

It may well be a mark of respect that this woman won't let gawkers have a nosey round the apartment. But isn't the more obvious reason is that unless you're an aristocrat with a stately home, nobody in their right mind would let a complete stranger-baring meter readers- into their home for love nor money. Would you? It wouldn't be a sensible move to say the least. Even if they're well behaved throughout their visit, who is to say it wouldn't be a recce mission to size up the layout and any worthwhile booty? They could hide behind a bedroom door while you powder your nose. 

They could return by jemmying open the windows (or not), then kidnap her, and  her tennis bag. Or maybe kidnapping her after a burglary that had gone wrong, also with the tennis bag, an leave no trace of their DNA.
wickerman

Activity : 37

Back to top Go down

Post by suzysu 24.02.17 7:53

MayMuse wrote:Havent seen this video before of the Madeleine campaign promotion with Jon Corner and Susan Healy. Worth watching. 
Interesting. There isn't that little smirk when Kate's mum speaks. She actually looks as if she believes what she's saying.
suzysu

Activity : 83

Back to top Go down

Post by Verdi 24.02.17 12:07

'I've been offered money by sightseers': British grandmother buys Portugal apartment where Madeleine McCann disappeared for £113,000 - half the asking price

• Kathleen Macguire-Cotton has bought apartment 5a of the Ocean Complex
  • She revealed sightseers obsessed with Maddie have offered cash to come in
  • Mrs Macguire-Cotton said people from all over the world have contacted her
  • But she has vowed never to open the door to snoopers as a mark of respect 

A British grandmother has bought the apartment in Portugal where Madeleine McCann vanished for half the asking price. 
Kathleen Macguire-Cotton, who is in her 60s, is said to have snapped up the apartment for £113,000 after it had been on the market for £255,000.

She has revealed how sightseers have offered her cash to see inside, but has vowed never to let them enter apartment 5a at the Ocean Complex in Praia da Luz as a mark of respect.

Mrs Macguire-Cotton told The Sun: 'I’ve been offered money by the whole world but I’m not interested.
'I don’t think that’s very fair to the McCann family or the people of Praia da Luz, upsetting everybody – it’s terrible.
'It happened a long time ago and I don’t have any opinions on it.'

The grandmother, from Southport, Merseyside, had been staying in the apartment for years and actually bought the flat some years ago.

Madeleine McCann disappeared from the apartment in May 2007.

Detectives are said to be working on a theory that she was kidnapped by a European trafficking gang with an apparent 9,000 sightings of her across the world since she went missing.

At the early stages of the investigation journalists from Portuguese magazine Sol speculated that her parents were involved in the disappearance but allegations against them were dismissed quickly.

Gerry and Kate still hold hope that their eldest daughter, who would now be 13, is still alive despite being missing for close to a decade.

They have been concentrating on the notion that she was sold by child traffickers – her parents' and their first team of private investigators' initial hunch – and could still be alive.

So far the inquiry, launched in May 2011 on orders of then Prime Minister David Cameron, has cost more than £12million with topped-up funds set to run out at the end of March.

Maddie's parents Gerry and Kate McCann, who were eating tapas in a bar in the Algarve when their daughter went missing, were hit with a fresh blow of anguish this month.

The Portuguese Supreme Court ruled they had not proved they were innocent in the disappearance.

The McCanns accused the Supreme Court judges who ruled against them in their court fight with ex-police chief Goncalo Amaral of nonsensical 'contradictions'.

Furious Gerry and Kate made it clear through lawyers that they strongly disagreed with the judges' 'erroneous' premise the lifting of their status as 'arguidos' or formal suspects did not mean they were innocent of any involvement in their daughter's May 3, 2007 disappearance.

Media Mayhem - MCCANN MEDIA NONSENSE OF THE DAY - Page 3 1D9CA07A00000578-4254466-image-a-13_1487890135357

Madeline McCann who went missing in 2007

Media Mayhem - MCCANN MEDIA NONSENSE OF THE DAY - Page 3 0885988300000514-4254466-Kate_and_Gerry_McCann_have_accused_the_Supreme_Court_judges_who_-a-15_1487890478216

Kate and Gerry McCann have accused the Supreme Court judges who ruled against them in their court fight with ex-police chief Goncalo Amaral of nonsensical 'contradictions'

Media Mayhem - MCCANN MEDIA NONSENSE OF THE DAY - Page 3 281AD00C00000578-4254466-Goncalo_Amaral_s_2008_book_The_Truth_of_the_Lie_claimed_the_McCa-a-14_1487890476786

Goncalo Amaral's 2008 book 'The Truth of the Lie' claimed the McCanns faked Madeleine's abduction to cover up her death
On Tuesday, the McCanns were forced to hit out at TV show for hiring an ex-police officer who told the nation what he thinks happened to their daughter.

Kate and Gerry McCann hit out at ITV's This Morning for using Mark Williams-Thomas, now an investigative journalist, for voicing his 'astonishing new theory' about Madeleine's disappearance, a close friend said on Tuesday.
The couple have always insisted their three-year-old daughter was snatched from a Portuguese holiday flat while they were dining in a nearby tapas bar, either by a sex fiend or during a botched burglary nearly ten years ago.
But TV detective Mr Williams-Thomas, believes the unsettled youngster walked out of the unlocked apartment searching for her parents in the poolside restaurant.

The McCann's spokesman Clarence Mitchell said: 'This is pure speculation and as such Kate and Gerry will not be dignifying it with any sort comment whatsoever.'

Media Mayhem - MCCANN MEDIA NONSENSE OF THE DAY - Page 3 3D7BBC2100000578-4254466-Mark_Williams_Thomas_theorises_that_Madeleine_McCann_left_her_ho-a-16_1487890629599

Mark Williams-Thomas theorises that Madeleine McCann left her holiday flat to look for her parents on the night she went missing

A source close to the pair said: 'It's baffling a television programme had him on as an authority on the Madeleine case. He's re-invented himself as a criminologist but when did he become an expert on this high profile case? Never!'

The friend added: 'He said he had received a statement from the McCann's saying they were pleased there was an on-going investigation which they hoped would unearth some news but they haven't been in contact with him, neither has their spokesperson.

'It seems he was re-hashing a years-old statement that was circulated to all the media.'  rotfl

Former police officer, Mark Williams-Thomas, theorises that the child woke up in the middle of the night and wandered off in search of Gerry and Kate McCann who were dining at a Tapas bar in the Algarve resort of Praia da Luz.
Williams-Thomas went to the resort just days after Madeleine went missing on May 3, 2007 aged three and has followed the unsolved case since.
Speaking This Morning as part of a new series on unsolved crimes on Tuesday he said: 'On that morning of Madeleine's disappearance, we do know she went to [her parents] Gerry and Kate and said: 'Where were you last night?' he explained.
'Because we know the twins did wake up on days prior to her disappearance.
'And I think as a result of that, Madeline was clearly aware they were in the tapas bar that was in the resort.
'Now the interesting element in that is in order to get to the tapas bar you had to actually come out of the premises, walk on a public road to go back in again.

The McCann source added: 'With no disrespect to this investigative reporter he is forever trying to latch himself onto the Maddie case. He's said this all before and he once stood outside Apartment 5a reporting his same old belief.

'Allowing him on This Morning to air his views won't help the show get in Kate and Gerry's good books. But they're not going to fall out with him over this. It's all based on speculation and it's a free country and they've got enough to be dealing with.'
Former GP Kate and heart doctor Gerry, both 48, of Rothley, Leics, believe Maddie could still be alive and have never given up hope of finding her. They face the heart-breaking 10th anniversary of her disappearance in 10 weeks. She would now be aged 13.

Mr Williams-Thomas boasts he has 'far-reaching experience of working at the centre of high profile investigations.'
The self-styled commentator boasts on his website how he has 'over the last decade reported on the biggest crime stories.' 

Where's good old Tracey when she's needed most?

ex forum manager
ex forum manager

Back to top Go down

Post by MayMuse 24.02.17 12:40

Maddie SOLD? 
Parents first hunch? 
Parents first hunch was "abduction by a paedophile" 
 Has the script for the screenplay gone off at a tangent, big grin

snipped from above article"................

Yeah and with no harm come to Madeleine eh Gerry and Kate! 
What rubbish!

MayMuse

Back to top Go down

Media Mayhem - MCCANN MEDIA NONSENSE OF THE DAY - Page 3 Empty Re;Media Mayem

Post by willowthewisp 24.02.17 16:11

Perhaps someone could check out if WT Associates were ever paid on behalf of the Family,for their early investigation work into Madeleine's disappearance,thought to be around 7 May 2007,Brian Kennedy,Clarence PR?
willowthewisp
willowthewisp

Activity : 4912

Back to top Go down

Post by Verdi 27.02.17 15:41

Searching for some media mayhem of yesteryear, I was reminded of the location of the General Practice where Kate McCann/Healy worked as a locum GP - Melton Mowbrey!

Only yesterday I was reading a report published by The Times on 5th May 2007 - I quote..
[color:ceff=000000]
[color:ceff=000000]'
Ocean Club at Praia da Luz boasts six childcare clubs, catering for children from four months to 13 years old.

The baby club, for those aged from four to 11 months, has one nanny for every two babies and costs £260 a week extra. Qualified nannies also care for the younger children in creches.

One former Mark Warner nanny, Jo Cook, from Melton Mowbray, said: "We would work six days a week, starting at half-eight and finishing at six". Now 27, Mrs Cook joined the company at 19 and worked seasons in Greece, Turkey, Switzerland and France.

Twice a week they would work later, until 7.30, supervising children at "high tea", and twice a week they would be on evening duty, supervising a creche or on the "room listening" service that is provided in some resorts.

Parents arriving for dinner gave their children's names, their room number, and their table number in the restaurant. A group of nannies would circulate, listening at each child's bedroom.

At the sound of crying, a child's distress would be reported to parents. This service was not provided at Mark Warner's resort in the Algarve, however.

Mrs Cook told The Times: "A lot of the nannies were excellent, but occasionally I would see one fall asleep while supervising children, and I have seen a nanny lose a child.

"We nannies were all there earning a pittance — £75 a week for those on their first season — trying to travel the world without having to pay for it.

"It felt very safe, but if someone is really out to break into the resort it's quite a frightening prospect."
[color:ceff=000000]----------

[color:ceff=000000]This struck me as rather odd.  [color:ceff=000000]It doesn[color:ceff=000000]'t specifically say that Ms Cook [color:ceff=000000]worked at the Ocean Club Praia da Luz at any time.  Why interview [color:ceff=000000]someone who has no known connection [color:ceff=000000]with the case - and coincidently from Melton Mowbrey?

ex forum manager
ex forum manager

Back to top Go down

Post by MayMuse 27.02.17 15:47

Verdi wrote:Searching for some media mayhem of yesteryear, I was reminded of the location of the General Practice where Kate McCann/Healy worked as a locum GP - Melton Mowbrey!

Only yesterday I was reading a report published by The Times on 5th May 2007 - I quote..

[color:75d4=000000]Mark Warner resorts attract families with young children because of the company's range of childcare facilities.

Ocean Club at Praia da Luz boasts six childcare clubs, catering for children from four months to 13 years old.

The baby club, for those aged from four to 11 months, has one nanny for every two babies and costs £260 a week extra. Qualified nannies also care for the younger children in creches.

One former Mark Warner nanny, Jo Cook, from Melton Mowbray, said: "We would work six days a week, starting at half-eight and finishing at six". Now 27, Mrs Cook joined the company at 19 and worked seasons in Greece, Turkey, Switzerland and France.

Twice a week they would work later, until 7.30, supervising children at "high tea", and twice a week they would be on evening duty, supervising a creche or on the "room listening" service that is provided in some resorts.

Parents arriving for dinner gave their children's names, their room number, and their table number in the restaurant. A group of nannies would circulate, listening at each child's bedroom.

At the sound of crying, a child's distress would be reported to parents. This service was not provided at Mark Warner's resort in the Algarve, however.

Mrs Cook told The Times: "A lot of the nannies were excellent, but occasionally I would see one fall asleep while supervising children, and I have seen a nanny lose a child.

"We nannies were all there earning a pittance — £75 a week for those on their first season — trying to travel the world without having to pay for it.

"It felt very safe, but if someone is really out to break into the resort it's quite a frightening prospect."

[color:75d4=000000][color:75d4=000000][color:75d4=000000]This struck me as rather odd.[color:75d4=000000][color:75d4=000000]  [color:75d4=000000]It doesn't specifically say that Ms Cook worked at the Ocean Club Praia da Luz [color:75d4=000000][color:75d4=000000]on any occassion - why interview someone who is not known to be connected [color:75d4=000000]with the case?  From Melton Mowbrey to boot!
Good find..........

Melton Mowbray is that "porkie pies" county?   winkwink

MayMuse

Back to top Go down

Post by Verdi 27.02.17 15:54

Bloody computer - excuse the glaswegian accent!  Can't get rid of all that stuff - the more I try the worse it gets.

angrypcuser

Yes I believe it is famous for porky pies - along with Skipton renowned porky pies.  I can recommend them!

ex forum manager
ex forum manager

Back to top Go down

Post by sandancer 27.02.17 15:54

" It felt very safe " 

Now where have I heard that before  ? smilie

Activity : 2374

Back to top Go down

Post by Verdi 27.02.17 15:56

sandancer wrote:" It felt very safe " 

Now where have I heard that before  ? smilie
Exactly!  Funny that innit?

ex forum manager
ex forum manager

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 21 ... 40  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top