The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

Media Mayhem - MCCANN MEDIA NONSENSE OF THE DAY - Page 2 Mm11

Media Mayhem - MCCANN MEDIA NONSENSE OF THE DAY - Page 2 Regist10
The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

Media Mayhem - MCCANN MEDIA NONSENSE OF THE DAY - Page 2 Mm11

Media Mayhem - MCCANN MEDIA NONSENSE OF THE DAY - Page 2 Regist10

Media Mayhem - MCCANN MEDIA NONSENSE OF THE DAY

Page 2 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 21 ... 40  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Media Mayhem - MCCANN MEDIA NONSENSE OF THE DAY - Page 2 Empty Re: Media Mayhem - MCCANN MEDIA NONSENSE OF THE DAY

Post by Verdi 16.02.17 23:17

8 October 2013 at 8:28pm

Kate McCann asks to give evidence in court during libel trial

Emma Murphy    ITV News Correspondent  

Media Mayhem - MCCANN MEDIA NONSENSE OF THE DAY - Page 2 Image_update_e07378966bafbc09_1381260417_9j-4aaqsk  
Kate McCann has said she wants to defend herself in open court. Photo: John Stillwell/PA Wire
Kate McCann has said she wants to defend herself in open court over claims made by the Portuguese police officer who led the hunt for her daughter Madeleine. If her application is granted it will be the first time she has appeared in a court to speak about the disappearance.

Mrs McCann’s legal team requested she be allowed to testify in the libel action the family are taking against the ex-detective who was initially in charge of the hunt for the missing three year old.

Judge Maria Emilia Melo e Castro, who is hearing the case, referred to Kate McCann by her maiden name as she announced the application to the court, "On October 2 Kate Healy made an application to make a statement to this court,” the judge said.

"The court will decide on this application once evidence has been heard by both sides as only then will it be it able to judge on the need for and the pertinence of this application."

The McCanns are suing Goncalo Amaral, over his book 'The Truth of the Lie' in which he accused them of faking their daughter's abduction to cover up her death in their Algarve holiday apartment.

Media Mayhem - MCCANN MEDIA NONSENSE OF THE DAY - Page 2 Image_update_472878d15ace3fe9_1381260457_9j-4aaqsk  
Madeleine McCann's parents Gerry and Kate McCann have both asked the court to speak. Credit: John Stillwell/PA Wire
At the hearing in Portugal today colleagues of Mr Amaral spoke out in his defence insisting publication of the book in no way affected the search for Madeleine. The book was published in 2008 just three days after the McCanns had their status as 'arguidos' or suspects over Madeleiene's disappearance officially lifted.

Former family liaison officer Ricardo Paiva told the court: "What is in the book is based on our investigation and contains the professional and personal opinions of Goncalo Amaral as a police officer.  "Everything that is there can be found in the case files."

Contradicting earlier claims by the McCanns' family and friends that Mr Amaral's book had hindered their search for their daughter by turning the Portuguese public against them, he added: "The flow of information continued to come in regularly.

"Neither this book or any other book affected the flow of information."

The case is expected to run until late November.

Last updated Mon 19 Jan 2015

http://www.itv.com/news/2013-10-08/kate-mccann-asks-to-give-evidence-in-court-during-in-libel-trial/

Original article dated October 2013 (that date again) and updated January 2015?

Don't hold back Ms Healy - return to Portugal, offer yourself up for a re-enactment and answer those 48 outstanding questions.  Tell them what you know Ms Healy, you want to stand up in a court of law and prove your innocence - go for it - what's to stop you - the ball's in your court?

ex forum manager
ex forum manager

Activity : 42327

Back to top Go down

Media Mayhem - MCCANN MEDIA NONSENSE OF THE DAY - Page 2 Empty Re: Media Mayhem - MCCANN MEDIA NONSENSE OF THE DAY

Post by jeanmonroe 17.02.17 0:11

Reggiregg wrote:Yes,  so child friendly and secure with rock hard floors, steep steps outside, a road and public car park just outside. Nothing remotely child friendly or  secure....especially when you leave the doors unlocked. These people just lie and lie.

And just 'sue and sue'
jeanmonroe

Activity : 7756

Back to top Go down

Post by justagrannynow 17.02.17 8:58

Verdi wrote:Madeleine's parents didn't want to leave her with a stranger

Last updated at 15:24 10 May 2007

The parents of missing Madeleine McCann left their three children alone in their apartment every night of their holiday because they did not want a stranger to babysit, it has emerged.

But, tragically, the routine may have allowed whoever abducted their daughter the chance to build up a picture of their movements while he planned his crime.

Scroll down for more...
Media Mayhem - MCCANN MEDIA NONSENSE OF THE DAY - Page 2 2MadelineMcCannPA_60x60

Doctors Kate and Gerry McCann decided not to employ a £10-an-hour babysitter to look after Madeleine, three, and two-year-old twins, Sean and Amelie, while they went for dinner, because they "don't like leaving them with strangers", their family said.

Mrs McCann's mother, Susan Healy, said the couple had made a mistake in leaving the children alone, but criticism of them was totally unjustified.
"I know my daughter and the children are her life," she said.

"They were in a child-friendly apartment, that they thought was totally secure.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-453801/Madeleines-parents-didnt-want-leave-stranger.html

External image of Ocean Club apartment 5a - that 'felt so safe' where they claim to have left the patio door unlocked..

Media Mayhem - MCCANN MEDIA NONSENSE OF THE DAY - Page 2 T9429fd_Pic252B1

The babysitters were the same Ocean Club nannies/nursery staff who looked after Madeleine and the other children at the creche during the day. They were not strangers
justagrannynow
justagrannynow

Activity : 108

Back to top Go down

Post by Verdi 17.02.17 15:47

Media Mayhem - MCCANN MEDIA NONSENSE OF THE DAY - Page 2 Lancet-lancet

Child abduction—a call for assistance

Rhona MacDonald, William Summerskill 

Published: 02 June 2007

The McCann family has asked health professionals to look out for Madeleine McCann, a 4-year-old English girl with a coloboma of her right iris, who was abducted while on holiday in Praia Da Luz, Portugal, on May 3, 2007.1 Madeleine's disappearance highlights the ever-present danger of child abduction worldwide, remembered in a national day—May 25—in the USA.

http://www.download.thelancet.com/journals/lancet/article/PIIS0140-6736(07)60823-X/fulltext

ex forum manager
ex forum manager

Back to top Go down

Post by Verdi 17.02.17 20:50

Media Mayhem - MCCANN MEDIA NONSENSE OF THE DAY - Page 2 Madeleine-mcann

Never claimed !!!

I wouldn't say no to 1.5 million quid for being a whistleblower with guaranteed anonymity.

ex forum manager
ex forum manager

Back to top Go down

Post by Verdi 17.02.17 20:59

Media Mayhem - MCCANN MEDIA NONSENSE OF THE DAY - Page 2 Sun-7511

Wince !!!

ex forum manager
ex forum manager

Back to top Go down

Post by Verdi 18.02.17 22:55

Madeleine McCann: David Cameron's letter in full

Here is the full text of David Cameron's letter to Kate and Gerry McCann, dated May 12, 2011.

Dear Kate and Gerry,

Thank you for your heartfelt and moving letter. Your ordeal is every parent's worst nightmare and my heart goes out to you both. I simply cannot imagine the pain you must have experienced over these four agonising years, and the strength and determination you have both shown throughout is remarkable.

I am acutely aware of the frustration you must feel as more time goes by and yet no news is forthcoming. We discussed this when we met, but I realise that a further eighteen months have gone by since then. That you have been so courageous over all this time, and have not given up, speaks volumes.

I have asked the Home Secretary to look into what more the Government could do to help Madeleine. She will be writing to you today, setting out new action involving the Metropolitan Police Service which we hope will help boost efforts in the search for Madeleine. I sincerely hope this fresh approach will provide the investigation with the new momentum that it needs.

I know that everyone hopes and prays for a successful outcome, and our thoughts remain with you and your family. We will, of course, stay in close touch with you throughout.

Yours,

David

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/newstopics/madeleinemccann/8511062/Madeleine-McCann-David-Camerons-letter-in-full.html

ex forum manager
ex forum manager

Back to top Go down

Post by MayMuse 19.02.17 3:42

Verdi wrote:Thank Madeleine McCann: David Cameron's letter in full

Here is the full text of David Cameron's letter to Kate and Gerry McCann, dated May 12, 2011.

Dear Kate and Gerry,

Thank you for your heartfelt and moving letter. Your ordeal is every parent's worst nightmare and my heart goes out to you both. I simply cannot imagine the pain you must have experienced over these four agonising years, and the strength and determination you have both shown throughout is remarkable.

I am acutely aware of the frustration you must feel as more time goes by and yet no news is forthcoming. We discussed this when we met, but I realise that a further eighteen months have gone by since then. That you have been so courageous over all this time, and have not given up, speaks volumes.

I have asked the Home Secretary to look into what more the Government could do to help Madeleine. She will be writing to you today, setting out new action involving the Metropolitan Police Service which we hope will help boost efforts in the search for Madeleine. I sincerely hope this fresh approach will provide the investigation with the new momentum that it needs.

I know that everyone hopes and prays for a successful outcome, and our thoughts remain with you and your family. We will, of course, stay in close touch with you throughout.

Yours,

David

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/newstopics/madeleinemccann/8511062/Madeleine-McCann-David-Camerons-letter-in-full.html
An extraordinary bend over backwards letter, I must say, when did they meet does anyone know?

Robert Murat talking to David Jones, Daily Mail, 02 June 2007
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-459316/Madeleine-Is-Robert-Murat-suspect-scapegoat.html
MayMuse

Activity : 3472

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 19.02.17 8:52

That fawning letter . . . gives me the impression of someone addressing their superiors. Weird.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by plebgate 19.02.17 9:08

He's gone and joe public still picking up the bill.

How much longer have the public got to keep paying when there is still money in investments and in the fund?

Surely any money in the fund should be used on the search for Maddie and not to pay legal fees? 
IMO that money should be paid into the public coffers to help the SY investigation.

If I forget to add it to a post everything is In My Opinion and I don't know anything for sure.
roll
plebgate

Activity : 8938

Back to top Go down

Post by Roxyroo 19.02.17 12:15

Tracy K's output in the Sun today (sorry cant copy n paste just now, maybe someone else will pls) states "the whitewashed appartments"
Yes, they may have been given a lick of paint, but that word "whitewash" just jumps right out at me!
She just doesnt wanna lose her job does she, this Tracy, but the marbles just keep falling out their mouths when they're not keeping themselves in check
big grin

Activity : 727

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanmonroe 19.02.17 12:52

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/2895292/infamous-holiday-villa-where-maddie-mccann-went-missing-is-closed-to-spooked-holidaymakers/

'wiping away the horror'

Infamous holiday villa where Maddie McCann went missing is closed to ‘spooked’ holidaymakers
Infamous Apartment 5A has now been sold to a British gran after complaints from tourists

Exclusive
By Tracey Kandohla
19th February 2017, 10:04 am

THE holiday flat where Madeleine McCann vanished from has finally been closed to tourists after complaints they were “too spooked” to stay there.
Infamous Apartment 5A in Portugal’s picturesque Praia da Luz has now been sold to a British gran who is enjoying holidaying there while trying to “wipe away all memories of the horror that happened.”
Madeleine McCann disappeared while on holiday with her family in Portugal
The property, which the new owner is partially shielding from public view, was axed from tour operators’ recommended accommodation after stunned holidaymakers learned it was “the Maddie flat.”
A British expat living in the resort told The Sun Online said today: “The place is no longer being used as a holiday option. I’m surprised it lasted so long as a viable let with its grim history.”
Portuguese police fear the youngster died accidentally in the seaside resort’s sought-after property. But her parents believe she was kidnapped while they were dining in a nearby tapas bar with pals, and could still be alive.
'DON'T SAY ANYTHING!'
McCanns ban lawyer from answering questions after judges reveal they've NOT been cleared over Maddie
MCCANN COURT BATTLE
All you need to know about the ex-Madeleine McCann cop who claims Gerry and Kate faked her abduction
THE HUNT GOES ON
All you need to know about Madeleine McCann's disappearance as the 10th anniversary approaches
'WE'RE HURT AND PERpLEXED'
McCanns hit out at 'insensitive' way Maddie has been dragged into Shannon Matthews drama
MCCANNS 'NOT IN CLEAR'
Removal of Kate and Gerry's 'suspect' status 'doesn't mean innocence in Maddie's disappearance'
As the Spring holiday season approaches the ground floor, two-bedroom apartment in the popular Algarve destination is no longer available to families and couples after Maddie’s disappearance nearly 10 years ago.
The local villager said: “Quite wrongly, many people staying there over the years were never told of its past and when they found out they were spooked out and some asked to move. But is wasn’t always possible because the complex is busy and often full.
“There were lots of complaints from clients and unfortunately it put them off ever coming back again.”
Whitewashed Apartment 5A in the Ocean Club was once sealed off as a crime scene as forensic experts and cadaver “blood” and “death” trained sniffer dogs scoured it after three-year-old Maddie was snatched from her bed during a family holiday in May 2007.
But it was later re-let by posh tour operator Mark Warner, who are now understood to have completely pulled out of that holiday complex after negative “kidnapped girl” publicity.
The McCann family stayed in an apartment at the Ocean club, The Disapearance of Madeleine McCann, Praia Da Luz, Portugal
Metropolitan Police
Sketch of man seen carrying a child in Praia da Luz on the night Maddie was last seen
The little girl would be 14 this year after disappearing almost 10 years ago
Gerry and Kate McCann arrive for the libel case against former Portuguese police chief Goncalo Amaral at Lisbon’s Palace of Justice in Lisbon
Tasteless “Maddie” bus tours had even been given in later years, showing ghoulish holidaymakers the flat from the street and the church where heartbroken parents Kate and Gerry McCann once prayed for their daughter’s safe return.
A Dutch mum and her husband who stayed in the accommodation last summer blasted holiday bosses for not warning them of the sickening past.
The middle-aged woman and her husband looked visibly shocked when they learned it was the place where Maddie had last been seen alive by her parents.
It’s terrible. No one told us when we booked the apartment, we didn’t have a clue.
Mumwho stayed in the accommodation last summer
The woman, speaking in perfect English and who declined to be named, said: “We had no idea this was where Madeleine had disappeared from. It’s terrible. No one told us when we booked the apartment, we didn’t have a clue.
“They should have let us know because we would have chosen another villa. We will be speaking to the manager about this. I know it is the past but it is their duty to explain what happened because some people, definitely those with children, would be put off.
“We’re here on our own but we don’t like the thought that something horrible happened to that little girl where we’re staying. It’s tragic and the worst thing that could ever happen to a parent, particularly a mother.”
Kate and Gerry McCann have spent years searching for their missing daughter who they believe to still be alive
The holidaymaker added: “Even in Holland we all know about the Madeleine story and that she disappeared from this resort but did not dream it was from the place we booked. The villa has been renovated and decorated nicely and we will stay put. But it sends shivers down my spine to think that girl came to harm here and that all the police and dogs were searching for clues inside.”
The apartment owner had been renting it out for many years through the Ocean Club.
“The retired teacher from Liverpool co-incidentally called Ruth McCann – no relation to Maddie’s parents despite being from her mum’s home city – died a few years ago.
The place is no longer being used as a holiday option. I’m surprised it lasted so long as a viable let with its grim history.
British expat living in the resort
Her family who inherited the “damaged” property were desperate to sell it while still being used as a holiday but failed for a long time to find a buyer because of the history.
A British expat living in the resort told The Sun Online said today: “The place is no longer being used as a holiday option. I’m surprised it lasted so long as a viable let with its grim history.
“No one wanted to rent the place and no one wanted to buy it.
“What happened to Maddie was awful and everyone hopes she can be found alive but it seems very doubtful.
“It’s a lovely resort and although it’s still busy at times the drama surrounding that poor girl has taken it’s toll on tourism generally.”
Holidaymakers have slammed the ‘appalling’ tour of the apartment where Maddie was last seen
Portuguese police fear three-year-old Maddie died accidentally in the apartment while her parents insist she could still be alive after being kidnapped while they were dining in a nearby with seven friends.
Former GP Kate and heart doctor Gerry, both 48, of Rothley, Leics, have vowed never to give up the search for their daughter, who would now be aged 13.
A duty manager at the Ocean Club, which is now believed to have been re-named the Garden Club and used by Thomas Cook, said: “I’ve been told not to say anything about Apartment 5a.”
The new owner recently declined to discuss the global fascination with her flat, saying: “I don’t want to talk about it. I’m trying to wipe away all memories of the horror that happened here.”
She refused to say if she lived there year-round or used it as a holiday home.
A duty manager at the Ocean Club refused to comment on Apartment 5a
A gate to the front of the fairly exposed property – which overlooks the tapas bar where Maddie’s parents had been enjoying a night out nearly a decade ago – has now been boarded up.
And blinds at the windows remain drawn to keep prying eyes away.
Despite the tragic past, tourists are still tempted to the resort. Thomas Cook boasts on its website: “You’ll love the location with shops and restaurant very close to hand.
“The beach is further afield but you’ll be rewarded with golden sands, beach bars and water sports.”
The little girl caught the whole world’s attention when she vanished in 2007
Madeleine McCann’s disappearance is still shrouded in mystery as investigators continue to hunt for the tragic girl.
She vanished on May 3, 2007, when her family, from Leicestershire, were holidaying in the Algarve.
Portuguese police fear the youngster died accidentally in the seaside resort’s sought-after property.
But her parents believe she was kidnapped while they were dining in a nearby tapas bar with pals, and could still be alive.
This week a Madeleine McCann tour guide defended his “ghoulish” business – insisting he’s just trying to help find the missing toddler.
As the 10th anniversary of her disappearance approaches, Gerry and Kate McCann have slammed claims they are plotting to make hundreds of thousands out of the milestone.
The pair recently lost their latest court appeal to silence former cop Goncalo Amaral, who claims they covered up their daughter’s death in his book.

'comments'

Oldagegoth
56 minutes ago
Poor Madeleine.I dont think we will ever know the truth of the matter.
Lorna Wanstall
1 hour ago
Funny that the sketch of the man seen carrying "Maddie" has dark hair. Gerry has dark hair doesn't he?
It's time this charade was put to an end, the buck has always stopped right at the feet of Gerry and Kate.
Darren Stanley
40 minutes ago
@Lorna Wanstall This sighting was a deadend. It was shown on Crimewatch that this was another father carrying his own child xx
Iain McGregor
1 hour ago
Read a report in another newspaper that they are going back to court to get the judges ruling that they are still suspects removed from the Court report, so more money from the find Madeline money going out to protect their reputation.
june newland
1 hour ago
villa most haunted
jeanmonroe

Activity : 7756

Back to top Go down

Post by Verdi 19.02.17 12:54

Geeez - that woman should be sectioned not sanctioned.

ex forum manager
ex forum manager

Back to top Go down

Post by Roxyroo 19.02.17 17:12

Thankyou JeanMonroe x

thumbup

Back to top Go down

Post by sandancer 19.02.17 18:53

Tracey's typing finger must be suffering from R.S.I ! Give it a rest love please . splat

Notice " abduction " is never mentioned , it's " vanished " or " disappeared " , interesting !

Yes , Tracey , we know Kate and Gerry are 48 , what does that have to do with it ?

People are so tired of all this sycophantic rubbish , go and have some cake and tea !   gm

Activity : 2378

Back to top Go down

Post by Jill Havern 19.02.17 19:03

sandancer wrote:Tracey's typing finger must be suffering from R.S.I ! Give it a rest love please . splat

Perfect emojithingy ! clown

Jill Havern
Jill Havern
Forum Owner & Chief Faffer
Forum Owner & Chief Faffer

Activity : 41063

Back to top Go down

Post by Verdi 20.02.17 12:59

British witnesses: 'We saw two blond men on balcony next to Madeleine apartment'

By FIONA BARTON, DAN NEWLING and VANESSA ALLEN

Last updated at 15:55 31 December 2007

Two British sisters gave a dramatic account of a pair of strangers watching the Ocean Club pool and tapas bar hours before Madeleine McCann vanished.

In an exclusive interview, Jayne Jensen and Annie Wiltshire told how they saw two blond men in their 30s, standing on the balcony of an empty apartment only a couple of doors away from the McCanns' flat in Praia da Luz.
And they provided further evidence that Robert Murat, the first official suspect in the case, lied about his whereabouts on the night Madeleine disappeared.
Scroll down for more...
Media Mayhem - MCCANN MEDIA NONSENSE OF THE DAY - Page 2 T-I-L-31-12-07-ANNIE-WILSHIRE-JAYNE-JENSON
Annie Wiltshire and Jayne Jensen told police they saw Murat near the apartment complex at about 10.30pm, some 30 minutes after Kate McCann raised the alarm

Mrs Jensen, a 54-year-old businesswoman, says she saw Mr Murat outside the McCann apartment half an hour after the alarm was raised.

The expatriate estate agent claims he was at home with his elderly mother all night, but it has emerged that a British barrister on holiday with his wife and children has corroborated Mrs Jensen's account.
Although the two sisters contacted Portuguese police within hours of Madeleine's disappearance, their evidence was ignored for six months.
The women met police three times within 24 hours, tried to find out who the strangers were themselves and made several follow-up phone calls to the authorities.
But it was not until six weeks ago that a formal statement was finally taken.
The two women, both divorcees from Maidstone, Kent, spent 11 hours with British police officers providing details of their evidence and later met private detectives from Metodo 3, the agency employed by the McCanns to find their daughter.

They intended to remain anonymous but when their names were leaked to a Portuguese newspaper and they found themselves wrongly accused of waiting eight months before coming forward, they decided to reveal the truth.
The sisters said they were immediately struck by the behaviour of the two men on the balcony.
Scroll down for more...
Media Mayhem - MCCANN MEDIA NONSENSE OF THE DAY - Page 2 T-I-L-31-12-07-OCEAN-CLUB_small1
The Ocean Club complex in Praia da Luz. Jayne Jensen and her sister Annie Wiltshire even went back in September to try to contact the McCanns
The pair, tanned and in Bermuda shorts, were standing outside the patio doors of a groundfloor apartment, which had been unoccupied all week, and were looking out over the resort's family swimming pool and restaurant area.
Mrs Wiltshire, 58, a mother of two, said: "It was odd because I hadn't seen them before. In May the resort wasn't busy.
Media Mayhem - MCCANN MEDIA NONSENSE OF THE DAY - Page 2 T-I-L-31-12-07-ROBERT-MURAT
Murat: Two new witnesses claim to have seen him loitering near the complex where Madeleine was abducted

There were only about 60 of us staying in the apartments and you got to recognise all the other people.
"One of the guys was walking down the steps and as I looked at him, he walked back up and started talking to the other one.
"They had a view of the whole Ocean Club and the McCanns' apartment. It just showed how easy it would be for anyone to use those balconies to watch the area. It has haunted me ever since."
That evening - May 3 - Madeleine disappeared from her bed as her parents, Gerry and Kate ate dinner with seven friends in the tapas bar.
The sisters, who helped search for the child that night, went to police the next day to report the sighting of the strangers and their concerns.

Mrs Wiltshire, who went on holiday with her sister to recover from a cancer operation, said: "The theory is that Madeleine could have been targeted. This story proves how easily it could have been done but the Portuguese police were not interested.
"It makes you wonder if there are more of us out there who have tried and not succeeded in reporting things they saw but have given up.
"They might not have been as persistent and tenacious as us but we were determined to get the information to the police somehow."

The two women had been in Praia da Luz for a week before the McCanns - Gerry, Kate, three-year-old Madeleine and two-year-old twins Sean and Amelie - arrived with a party of doctors for a short break.
Mrs Jensen and her sister were in the same daily tennis coaching group as Mr McCann. It was organised by Mark Warner, the tour operator which manages the Ocean Club complex.

"We never met Kate," Mrs Jensen said. "And we never socialised with Gerry. We just played tennis."
On the evening of May 3, the sisters ate in the same tapas restaurant as the McCann party.
Neither of them remembers the doctors being rowdy or drinking heavily that night, as other witnesses have suggested.
Mrs Jensen, a bar manager, said: "They were not noisy or dominating the restaurant. They were just a party of friends enjoying a meal."
Scroll down for more ...
Media Mayhem - MCCANN MEDIA NONSENSE OF THE DAY - Page 2 T-I-L-31-12-07-MADDIE-XMAS
Christmas past: Madeleine McCann, pictured last year, went missing in May

The sisters finished their dinner and left to walk down into the village for a nightcap.
"We were on the way to the bar when we heard the hue and cry about a missing child," added Mrs Jensen.
"The Mark Warner staff were being called on their phones and everyone thought it was a child who had wandered out of her room, looking for her parents.
"Apparently it had happened before and there was a drill they carried out. I left Annie in the bar and came back up to the apartments to see if I could help. It was only then I realised the scale of the search.
"I went straight into the creche area and checked the play area and Wendy House but found nothing."
It was then that Mrs Jensen saw 34-year-old Mr Murat for the first time. She saw a man light a cigarette as he stood on the street corner opposite the McCanns' ground-floor apartment.
She said: "I had semi-given up smoking and was thinking I could do with a cigarette when this bloke just along the pavement from me lit up. I noticed him but didn't think anything more of it."
A middle-aged barrister, a near neighbour of Mrs Jensen in the holiday complex, has told police that he spoke to her at the time and also saw Mr Murat.
The next day, said Mrs Jensen, Mr Murat introduced himself to her and her sister.
"It was hideous when we realised that the little girl had not been found. It really began to hit home that something horrible had happened.
"I thought maybe she had fallen down a manhole, or hit her head. I didn't think she had been taken at that point and we helped search bins and scrubland."
As they and the other holidaymakers combed the area, Mrs Jensen met another member of her tennis coaching group, TV producer Jez Wilkins.
"Jez told me it was Gerry's daughter we were looking for. I hadn't realised before that moment.
"Jez said that he knew Gerry had checked the children because he had met him coming back from the apartment."
As the hours passed without any sighting of Madeleine, Mrs Wiltshire became increasingly concerned about the strangers she had seen the day before.
She said: "I didn't know if it was significant or not but I needed to tell the police in case it helped.
"I got a member of Mark Warner's staff to get a policeman to come and see me and told two officers about the men I had seen.
"I told them they were blond and one had curly hair. One was stockier than the other and they had obviously just opened the gate and walked up to the balcony.
"I showed the policemen the balcony and as I was explaining the circumstances, Robert Murat appeared and started translating for me."
Mr Murat was acting as an unofficial interpreter for the police and Mrs Wiltshire assumed he was part of the police force.
Later that day, she and her sister bumped into him again and he asked them if they needed any more help with the police and whether they had remembered anything else.
Mrs Jensen said: "He said he was helping the police because he lived locally and he was very helpful."
That evening, the two sisters joined the barrister and his wife for a glass of wine on the balcony of their apartment.
They were discussing Madeleine's disappearance and the apparent failure of the police to set up a crime scene when Mr Murat walked past, saw them and joined them uninvited.
Mrs Jensen said: "He was wearing a blue T-shirt and jeans and he said he needed to go home and change because it had been a long day, which was odd, because he had already changed out of the clothes he had been wearing earlier."
After Mr Murat left, the barrister told the sisters he found him "odd".
His wife was distraught about Madeleine's disappearance and the couple were desperate to leave the resort. Their names have not been revealed.
Mrs Jensen insists she is not conducting "a witch hunt" against Mr Murat.
"It was only after he was made an arguido (official suspect) that I realised any of this information could be important."
Other witnesses who have placed Mr Murat near the McCann apartment that night include Mark Warner nanny Charlotte Pennington, two tourists who contacted Metodo 3 independently and three of the McCanns' friends, Fiona Payne, Rachael Oldfield and Russell O'Brien.
But friends and family of Mr Murat insisted he was not there. His mother Jennifer, 71, said: "People who say he was outside Madeleine's apartment that night are telling lies.
"I challenge them to tell Portuguese police what they're telling the McCanns' investigators."
When Mrs Jensen got home, she made a number of calls to police and Crimestoppers. She gave them an outline of the sightings and was told someone would call her back but nobody did.
In September, the two women went back to Praia da Luz to try to make direct contact with the McCanns but as they arrived, Kate and Gerry were made official suspects and left to return to Britain.
The sisters admit they might have let things go at that point but the constant mention of Madeleine in the press kept nagging at them.
In desperation they finally e-mailed the McCanns' spokesman, Clarence Mitchell and told him what they knew.
Within days, they were contacted by Leicestershire police who apologised for the delay and sent an officer round to interview them.
"They were there for 11 hours, finishing at midnight and we finally got to sign a statement," added Mrs Jensen.
"All we wanted was to get the information to the right people. It is just ridiculous that no one would help us."
A spokesman for the McCanns said: "We remain extremely grateful to Annie and Jayne for making the efforts they have to get their information to us.
"They have been trying since day one and have only wanted to help Kate and Gerry find Madeleine.
"They are utterly credible witnesses and we are very grateful to them."
? Kate McCann hopes to return to Portugal once she has been cleared as a suspect in her daughter's disappearance, friends said yesterday.
Mrs McCann and her husband Gerry expect to be re-interviewed by police early in the New Year, and hope it will bring them a step closer to being eliminated as arguidos - official suspects.
The couple, both 39, would then be free to continue their campaign work and believe Portugal could still hold the key to finding Madeleine.
Once the lead story on every Portuguese television bulletin and newspaper, the case is now attracting less attention and an appeal by the McCanns would give the coverage fresh impetus.
But the couple cannot speak freely about the case while they remain arguidos as they are bound by the country's strict secrecy laws, which ban witnesses or suspects from talking about the case.
A friend said: "If they were to go to Portugal now it would seem like they were trying to put pressure on the police, and they don't want that.
"But if they were cleared as arguidos then it would change everything.
"They would be cleared in the eyes of the judicial system and technically in the eyes of the world, although they realise that there will always be some people who view them with suspicion."

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-504950/British-witnesses-We-saw-blond-men-balcony-Madeleine-apartment.html

ex forum manager
ex forum manager

Back to top Go down

Post by MayMuse 20.02.17 13:25

Is this the same Annie Wiltshire, who has set up a charity to raise awareness about donors. 
Looks like it to me but with grey hair, very sad about her son.
http://www.kentonline.co.uk/maidstone/news/we-must-talk-more-about-45229/

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-459316/Madeleine-Is-Robert-Murat-suspect-scapegoat.html
MayMuse

Back to top Go down

Post by Verdi 20.02.17 14:43

MayMuse wrote:Is this the same Annie Wiltshire, who has set up a charity to raise awareness about donors. 
I haven't a clue MayMuse.

I only remembered that the two, both said to be from Maidstone Kent, were part of the media blitz that occured in December 2007, along with Bridget O'Donnell (Jeremy Wilkins other half) and Charlotte Pennington.  I also recall reading fairly recently that the two if them had been drinking at the Tapas bar on the afternoon of 3rd May, with I think Neil Berry and/or Raj Balu.  What's more, they are not the only so called witnesses that came to light after the event, claimed to have been ignored by the police when volunteering themselves as witnesses and thus turned to Metodo3 ???

At some stage, it was reported by the UK press, that Ms Jenson and Ms Wilshire were to be interviewed by the UK police as an element of the rogatory interview process.  To my knowledge that never happened.

Whatever, In my opinion the press report is fabrication.  I digress!

ex forum manager
ex forum manager

Back to top Go down

Post by MayMuse 20.02.17 15:29

Verdi wrote:
MayMuse wrote:Is this the same Annie Wiltshire, who has set up a charity to raise awareness about donors. 
I haven't a clue MayMuse.

I only remembered that the two, both said to be from Maidstone Kent, were part of the media blitz that occured in December 2007, along with Bridget O'Donnell (Jeremy Wilkins other half) and Charlotte Pennington.  I also recall reading fairly recently that the two if them had been drinking at the Tapas bar on the afternoon of 3rd May, with I think Neil Berry and/or Raj Balu.  What's more, they are not the only so called witnesses that came to light after the event, claimed to have been ignored by the police when volunteering themselves as witnesses and thus turned to Metodo3 ???

At some stage, it was reported by the UK press, that Ms Jenson and Ms Wilshire were to be interviewed by the UK police as an element of the rogatory interview process.  To my knowledge that never happened.

Whatever, In my opinion the press report is fabrication.  I digress!
I think it is one and the same person.
There are a number of "witnesses" from Wiltshire?
I thought I had read that Annie Wiltshire did not join her sister until the 7th May which was after the event?
So many confusing, non factual MSM garbled reporting muddy the waters in my opinion. 
Thanks for responding @Verdi

Interesting to note the last paragraph on your original post, the friend says that the McCanns want be cleared by the judicial and in the eyes of the world but a few would keep them under suspicion or words to that effect. 
Seems that is the aim of the McCanns regarding the SC complaint?

Exact quote
A friend said: "If they were to go to Portugal now it would seem like they were trying to put pressure on the police, and they don't want that.
"But if they were cleared as arguidos then it would change everything.
"They would be cleared in the eyes of the judicial system and technically in the eyes of the world, although they realise that there will always be some people who view them with suspicion."

MayMuse

Back to top Go down

Post by MayMuse 20.02.17 16:04

Whilst researching something else, a recommended for you on You Tube, the first aired ( 4th May 2007) Sky News on Madeleines disappearance, worth a watch ( listen) 

https://youtu.be/RazOGuQ_r8E

MayMuse

Back to top Go down

Post by Roxyroo 20.02.17 17:55

"Good day to bury bad news"??
The rolling script underneath states David Cameron saying that " damaged ballot papers are a devolved problem" re. Scotland. Yes, i may be paranoid but as a scot myself i just had to point that out!
laughat

Back to top Go down

Post by Roxyroo 20.02.17 18:37

"This Morning" tomorrow should be an interesting show.
Mark Williams Thomas is going to be on talking about McCann's

Back to top Go down

Post by MayMuse 20.02.17 19:12

Roxyroo wrote:"This Morning" tomorrow should be an interesting show.
 MWT is a supporter of the McCanns, except for the release of the make-up photo? 
Yup, should be interesting, can anyone put a link after it's aired, as do not watch the show?

MayMuse

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 20.02.17 19:15

Roxyroo wrote:"This Morning" tomorrow should be an interesting show.
Ah.. the drill...

Something negative happens as regards the McCanns....

...the UK media (or SY) come out in force.

It's all a coincidence I'm sure.

I expect it will be the usual tosh.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 21 ... 40  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top