The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

Madeline McCann: Fresh cash lifeline in search for missing child - Page 2 Mm11

Madeline McCann: Fresh cash lifeline in search for missing child - Page 2 Regist10
The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

Madeline McCann: Fresh cash lifeline in search for missing child - Page 2 Mm11

Madeline McCann: Fresh cash lifeline in search for missing child - Page 2 Regist10

Madeline McCann: Fresh cash lifeline in search for missing child

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Madeline McCann: Fresh cash lifeline in search for missing child - Page 2 Empty Re: Madeline McCann: Fresh cash lifeline in search for missing child

Post by NickE 19.09.16 13:59

£ 100,000 for the "last line"?
It must be a very valuable and important "last line"

NickE

Activity : 2151

Back to top Go down

Madeline McCann: Fresh cash lifeline in search for missing child - Page 2 Empty Ref;Madeleine McCann

Post by willowthewisp 19.09.16 14:17

Hi Verdi,in regard to your reply to Bluebag and supreme court Hearing Connection and Operation Grange,have no coincidence,nor connection?
You openly condem Operation Grange as a farce,yet blatantly,through blinkers,bizarrely,think there not linked or connected to Madeleine's,disappearance investigation,was your reply to antagonise,CMMoM members?
willowthewisp
willowthewisp

Activity : 4912

Back to top Go down

Madeline McCann: Fresh cash lifeline in search for missing child - Page 2 Empty Re: Madeline McCann: Fresh cash lifeline in search for missing child

Post by Verdi 19.09.16 15:09

willowthewisp wrote:Hi Verdi,in regard to your reply to Bluebag and supreme court Hearing Connection and Operation Grange,have no coincidence,nor connection?
You openly condem Operation Grange as a farce,yet blatantly,through blinkers,bizarrely,think there not linked or connected to Madeleine's,disappearance investigation,was your reply to antagonise,CMMoM members?
Not sure I'm understanding you huh .

No, I'm most certainly not trying to antagonize fellow members - does my post really read as antagonistic?  I seriously hope conflicting opinions aren't to be seen as troublesome.

Maybe my explanation confused the issue by being a bit long winded.  In short I can't see how the outcome of Goncalo Amaral's appeal at the Lisbon Courts can influence the past, present or future of Operation Grange, as has been suggested by some members of the forum.

Hope that clarifies.

ex moderator
ex moderator

Activity : 41936

Back to top Go down

Post by bobbin 19.09.16 15:19

Verdi wrote:
whodunit wrote:
Verdi wrote:
whodunit wrote:It just needs to keep limping along until the Supreme Court in Portugal hands down it's ruling on the McCann appeal and then OG will 'act' accordingly. 100k for six months is barely enough to cover salaries for 4 investigators. [unless they make pennies]
The Lisbon court proceedings could go on for years with fresh appeals and counter appeals.  I understand they are not too fussy about time scale.

If the Supreme Court rejects this appeal I can't see how the McCanns can go on. There is no higher appeal court than the Supreme Court. Feasibly, they can go back to a lower court and file a new case  charging Amaral with a different 'offense' but they can hardly re-file for the same offense under the exact same set of facts if it has been rejected by the highest court in the land.

Or can they? Seems TM get away with an astonishing amount of legal shenanigans, even in Portugal.
I'm frankly astonished the Portuguese courts took on the McCann case in the first place - anythings possible.  The European Court of Human Rights?  The McCann defence league said in early days they were thinking about suing the Portuguese police - or was it the country as a whole?
Now that BREXIT is on its way, will Brits be able to call upon the favours of the European Court of Human Rights anymore.

On " https://www.rt.com/on-air/  " today, (that's Russia Today / news prog on line) on the Sophie & Co interviews, Sir Edward Leigh gives a very satisfying and clear confirmation that BREXIT will happen, and that the UK is very comfortable indeed about its ability, in fact desire, to trade more successfully outside of the EU.
For the rest of today, the same interview will be repeated as and when. I wonder....

ETA It's now about to re-play. 15.27 hours
bobbin

Activity : 2240

Back to top Go down

Madeline McCann: Fresh cash lifeline in search for missing child - Page 2 Empty Ref;Madeleine McCann

Post by willowthewisp 19.09.16 16:08

Verdi wrote:
willowthewisp wrote:Hi Verdi,in regard to your reply to Bluebag and supreme court Hearing Connection and Operation Grange,have no coincidence,nor connection?
Not sure I'm understanding you huh .

No, I'm most certainly not trying to antagonize fellow members - does my post really read as antagonistic?  I seriously hope conflicting opinions aren't to be seen as troublesome.

Maybe my explanation confused the issue by being a bit long winded.  In short I can't see how the outcome of Goncalo Amaral's appeal at the Lisbon Courts can influence the past, present or future of Operation Grange, as has been suggested by some members of the forum.

Hope that clarifies.
Hi Verdi,Not really,in fact. But for the parents of Madeleine, having instigated the defamation case against Mr Goncalo Amaral, via Clarence,Carter Ruck(Truth of the Lie) after the Archival in July 2008, of Madeleine's disappearance case,submitted to Portugal Court 2009,we would not be where we are today?
Since 2010 the Parents of Madeleine,Kate,Gerry,have made numerous appearances/connections to UK,Judges, Leveson,Politicians,News Paper Editors,Police Commanders have close adherence of(Truth of the Lie)to a Metropolitan Police Service,Operation Grange Remit,Abduction and "can influence the past" your words?
If as you say Operation Grange is a farce and No possible connection to Amarals case,Defamation,Abduction,(Truth of the Lie)No involvement? 
After some Seven Years funding( April 2017)and to this date 19 Sep 2016,they have not apprehended any suspects or charged any person thought to have Abducted Madeleine McCann from her Holiday apartment 3 May 2007,yet it to be a coincidence of Following"Defamation"case,time frame,funding to run out April 2016,October 2016,now April 2017 in your"Opinion?
willowthewisp
willowthewisp

Back to top Go down

Post by Tony Bennett 19.09.16 16:15

bobbin wrote:
Now that BREXIT is on its way, will Brits be able to call upon the favours of the European Court of Human Rights anymore?
In one word, YES.

Britain is a member of the European Union. The European Union does NOT run the European Court of Human Rights.

The Council of Europe runs the European Court of Human Rights. We are not coming out of the Council of Europe.

[Having said that, the Conservative government has frequently made noises about coming out of the Human Rights Court. In the opinion of many, there are good reasons to do so. Many of its decisions make a mockery of the concept of 'human rights'. Decisions like:

* giving an illegal immigrant the right to remain because of his cat
* sanctioning illegal gypsy/travellers' camps to protect their 'right to family life'
* telling Britain that prisoners must have the right to vote
* allowing convicted murderers and other serial criminals to remain here because (allegedly) their own home countries wouldn't treat them very well if sent back.

And so on...]

Dr Martin Roberts: "The evidence is that these are the pjyamas Madeleine wore on holiday in Praia da Luz. They were photographed and the photo handed to a press agency, who released it on 8 May, as the search for Madeleine continued. The McCanns held up these same pyjamas at two press conferences on 5 & 7June 2007. How could Madeleine have been abducted?"

Amelie McCann (aged 2): "Maddie's jammies!".  

Tony Bennett
Tony Bennett
Researcher

Activity : 24770

Back to top Go down

Post by plebgate 19.09.16 16:53

The money would only be signed off if compelling evidence was put forward - when will the taxpayer be told what this compelling evidence is?

"
adjective: compelling
[list=lr_dct_sf_sens]
[*]evoking interest, attention, or admiration in a powerfully irresistible way.

"his eyes were strangely compelling"

synonyms:enthralling, captivating, gripping, engrossing, riveting, spellbinding, entrancing, transfixing, mesmerizing, hypnotic, mesmeric, absorbing, fascinating, thrilling, irresistible, addictive;
informalunputdownable

"she gave a compelling and intensely dramatic performance"
antonyms:boring

• not able to be refuted; inspiring conviction.

"there is compelling evidence that the recession is ending"

synonyms:convincing, persuasive, cogent, irresistible, forceful, powerful, potent, strong, weighty, plausible, credible, effective, efficacious, sound, valid, reasonable, reasoned, well reasoned, rational, well founded, telling, conclusive, irrefutable, unanswerable, authoritative, influential

"he had no compelling arguments for changing the status quo"
    antonyms:weak

• not able to be resisted; overwhelming.

"the temptation to give up was compelling"

[/list]

If I forget to add it to a post everything is In My Opinion and I don't know anything for sure.
roll
plebgate

Activity : 8938

Back to top Go down

Post by DENNISSALLY 19.09.16 20:27

According to certain people on Twitter last night, they are saying that they are waiting on the outcome of the Supreme Courts decision. If he wins then his book is correct. Some even went as far as saying that the Mcanns will be arrested as there are no other lines of inquiry only them. It was also said that they as in Mcanns have been investigated & SY know they are guilty. These are not my opinions am only reporting on what I read myself & they all seemed in agreement it's only a matter of time.
DENNISSALLY

Activity : 230

Back to top Go down

Post by Verdi 19.09.16 20:31

willowthewisp wrote:
Hi Verdi,Not really,in fact.
I made my reasoning quite clear in my original response to BlueBag - I can't elaborate.

ex moderator
ex moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Verdi 19.09.16 20:38

DENNISSALLY wrote:According to certain people on Twitter last night, they are saying that they are waiting on the outcome of the Supreme Courts decision. If he wins then his book is correct.  Some even went as far as saying that the Mcanns will be arrested as there are no other lines of inquiry only them. It was also said that they as in Mcanns have been investigated & SY know they are guilty.  These are not my opinions am only reporting on what I read myself & they all seemed in agreement it's only a matter of time.
Well, if twitter says so then it must be.

I don't think the factual sense of the book has ever been in question.  The McCanns original litigation against Dr. Amaral was for defamation and harming the search.

If there was ever any likelihood of the McCanns being arrested it would have happened late summer 2007.

Wouldn't it be miraculous and inspirational if twitter was right?  Important to keep things in perspective wouldn't you agree?

ETA:  Not digging you out DENNISSALLY, I know you said it's not your opinion.  It just exasperates me when people spread this kind of nonsense around without a shred evidence to back it up.  If people are in the know then put your money where your mouth is, otherwise bog off.

ex moderator
ex moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Liz Eagles 19.09.16 20:46

The newspaper article surrounding this thread couldn't be arsed to spell Madeleine's name correctly.
Liz Eagles
Liz Eagles

Activity : 13368

Back to top Go down

Post by DENNISSALLY 20.09.16 0:38

I agree Verdi,  it's very frustrating when there are no links to follow it up, but it would be just marvellous if twitter was correct.
DENNISSALLY

Activity : 230

Back to top Go down

Post by MayMuse 20.09.16 3:06

Carrry On Doctor wrote:Full article

http://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/711761/Madeline-McCann-Fresh-cash-lifeline-search-missing-child-scotland-yard

"A Whitehall source had indicated funding would be approved if “compelling evidence that justifies the use of additional taxpayers’ money” was provided by the team. 
A spokesman for the Home Office said on Friday: “We have provided the Metropolitan Police with the funding required for Operation Grange to continue until at least the end of this financial year."

If true, IMO it suggests an outcome likely to be a form of truth, rather than whitewash/archival.
Here's hoping.
A "Whitehall" source? That's a new one. 
It's always a "source",  doesn't anyone put their name to anything anymore?

Dave and Arthur the private eyes for the McCanns once said they had compelling  evidence, as I recall,  and apparently passed all their "material" over to the police a few years back...  Wonder if they have now "reviewed" that?

Robert Murat talking to David Jones, Daily Mail, 02 June 2007
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-459316/Madeleine-Is-Robert-Murat-suspect-scapegoat.html
MayMuse

Activity : 3472

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanmonroe 20.09.16 14:00

Verdi wrote:James Murray finger on the pulse as always..

SCOTLAND Yard’s inquiry into the disappearance of Madeleine McCann from a holiday flat in Portgual in 2007 will continue until at least April after Home Office 'approval' of new funding.

By James Murray and Caroline Wheeler

Sunday 18th September 2016

Financing for the four-strong team of officers working on Operation Grange was due to end in October. 

But a fresh request, believed to be for a sum of around £100,000, was submitted to the Home Office as the deadline approached and has now been signed off.

A Whitehall source had indicated funding would be approved if “compelling evidence that justifies the use of additional taxpayers’ money” was provided by the team.

A spokesman for the Home Office said on Friday: “We have provided the Metropolitan Police with the funding required for Operation Grange to continue until at least the end of this financial year.

“The resources required will be reviewed again at this point.”

So far the inquiry into Madeleine’s disappearance from the apartment in Praia de Luz has cost £12million. At its height more than 30 officers were on the case.

Last month the "German Madeline McCann" was found 15 years after the girl's disappearance.

http://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/711761/Madeline-McCann-Fresh-cash-lifeline-search-missing-child-scotland-yard

I despair sad .

It 'seems', with 'age', i've become a 'Sage'! (a profoundly wise person; a person famed for wisdom.... someone venerated for the possession of wisdom, judgment, and experience....or NOT!)

My 'post', August 24th 2016.

"Please Amber Theresa, marm, I want some more"

WHO is Amber Rudd..........the 'new' Home Secretary? (the 'Home Office' that 'funds', with taxpayers money, OG)

Amber Rudd has enjoyed a steep elevation in status from working as "aristocracy co-ordinator" on Four Weddings And A Funeral to running Britain's counter-terrorism efforts, police forces, and immigration policies.

'running police forces'......including the MET. ('investigating' Madeleine McCann 'abduction')

Amber Rudd (4 'weddings')----->Huge Grant (4 'weddings')----->Missing People 'fundraiser'------> McCan'ts.

Don't 'expect' 'our Amber' to 'rock the boat' regards to granting 'unlimited taxpayer funding' for OG, any time soon, imo.

The 'show' MUST go on!

Way 'too many' BIG 'NAMES', 'involved', from 'PM's' down, ('including' T May, now) to 'protect' now, for it not to!

jta: 'But a fresh 'request', believed to be for a sum of around £100,000, was submitted to the Home Office as the deadline approached and has now been signed off.'

A 'request' from Huge Grant, 'possibly'?
jeanmonroe

Activity : 7756

Back to top Go down

Post by Tony Bennett 22.09.16 9:39

I tried to access this link:

...but it didn't work. Has the article been 'whooshed'?

Dr Martin Roberts: "The evidence is that these are the pjyamas Madeleine wore on holiday in Praia da Luz. They were photographed and the photo handed to a press agency, who released it on 8 May, as the search for Madeleine continued. The McCanns held up these same pyjamas at two press conferences on 5 & 7June 2007. How could Madeleine have been abducted?"

Amelie McCann (aged 2): "Maddie's jammies!".  

Tony Bennett
Tony Bennett
Researcher

Activity : 24770

Back to top Go down

Post by Carrry On Doctor 22.09.16 9:40

Tony Bennett wrote:I tried to access this link:

...but it didn't work. Has the article been 'whooshed'?

Works ok for me Tony
Carrry On Doctor
Carrry On Doctor

Activity : 586

Back to top Go down

Post by willowthewisp 22.09.16 13:30

Home Secretary,Amber Rudd has a number of " Share Dealings" in Off Shore accounts according to the latest revelations from the leaked papers that  had alerted World Leaders resigning from positions of Power in that scandal,"we'er All in this Together"Conservative Government?
willowthewisp
willowthewisp

Back to top Go down

Post by Liz Eagles 22.09.16 13:37

I sincerely hope that the Limited company (No Stone Unturned) has not availed itself to off-shore banking from the plethora of advisors available. That would really be taking the piss.
Liz Eagles
Liz Eagles

Activity : 13368

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanmonroe 22.09.16 13:50

willowthewisp wrote:Home Secretary,Amber Rudd has a number of " Share Dealings" in Off Shore accounts according to the latest revelations from the leaked papers that  had alerted World Leaders resigning from positions of Power in that scandal,"we'er All in this Together"Conservative Government?

https://www.theguardian.com/business/2016/sep/21/bahamas-leaks-reveal-amber-rudd-involvement-offshore-firms

https://www.theguardian.com/business/2016/sep/21/amber-rudd-monticello-ill-fated-step-complicated-career-bahamas-leaks

'It can be revealed UK home secretary was a main player at company whose CEO was jailed over a false statement'

'reveals her involvement with two companies in an offshore tax haven, and another where her co-director was jailed for fraud.'

'one of her co-directors, Mark O’Hanlon, an episode that led the Department of Trade and Industry to investigate, and in 2007 O’Hanlon was convicted of making a false statement and sentenced to 18 months’ imprisonment. He was jailed again in June 2013 following an unrelated fraud conviction.'

When 'asked' Ms Rud 'said'...'Mark who? Mark O'Hanlon, you say? Nope, sorry, i've never heard of the geezer'
jeanmonroe

Back to top Go down

Post by willowthewisp 22.09.16 14:42

jeanmonroe wrote:
willowthewisp wrote:Home Secretary,Amber Rudd has a number of " Share Dealings" in Off Shore accounts according to the latest revelations from the leaked papers that  had alerted World Leaders resigning from positions of Power in that scandal,"we'er All in this Together"Conservative Government?

https://www.theguardian.com/business/2016/sep/21/bahamas-leaks-reveal-amber-rudd-involvement-offshore-firms

https://www.theguardian.com/business/2016/sep/21/amber-rudd-monticello-ill-fated-step-complicated-career-bahamas-leaks

'It can be revealed UK home secretary was a main player at company whose CEO was jailed over a false statement'

'reveals her involvement with two companies in an offshore tax haven, and another where her co-director was jailed for fraud.'

'one of her co-directors, Mark O’Hanlon, an episode that led the Department of Trade and Industry to investigate, and in 2007 O’Hanlon was convicted of making a false statement and sentenced to 18 months’ imprisonment. He was jailed again in June 2013 following an unrelated fraud conviction.'

When 'asked' Ms Rud 'said'...'Mark who? Mark O'Hanlon, you say? Nope, sorry, i've never heard of the geezer'
Hi Jeanmonroe,thanks for posting the link to the Guardian articles,especially a Former European Leader and her failure to disclose who she(Kroes)had worked for under the European Rules Commission?
Perhaps Amber Rudd when asked do you know Mark O'Hanlon,Reply"I'm not going to comment on that" "Ask the Dogs",Sandra!
willowthewisp
willowthewisp

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanmonroe 23.09.16 11:34

Verdi wrote:Madeleine McCann fund given £100k of government money to keep search alive until April

Last year’s account showed just £746,152 was left in the fund and it was now believed to stand at just £480,000.

And the couple face paying £434,000 to Portuguese former police chief Goncalo Amaral’s lawyers after losing libel action.

It would leave the funds at just £46,000.

What search?

I agree about the 'non' search, by McCan'ts.

Just an 'aside',

Has ANY UK Madia journo (SERIOUS 'journo'?)  'questioned/asked', WHERE £266,152 has 'disappeared to/ gone to', FROM Madeleines 'fund', in little over 1 year, since 'last year's accounts' were 'published'?

Just 'asking'.
jeanmonroe

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanmonroe 04.10.16 0:48

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/tory-home-secretary-amber-rudds-8972936

Oh dear, Amber...........how very 'hurtful and unhelpful' this Mirror 'investigation' might be.
jeanmonroe

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanmonroe 06.10.16 12:38

Theresa May yesterday 5th October 2016 at 'conference':

The Prime Minister said: “If you’re a boss who earns a fortune but doesn’t look after your staff, an international company that treats tax laws as an optional extra, a household name that refuses to work with the authorities even to fight terrorism, a director who takes out massive dividends while knowing that the company pension is about to go bust.

“I’m putting you on warning. This can’t go on anymore. A change has got to come.”

She later added: “It doesn’t matter to me who you are. If you’re a tax-dodger, we’re coming after you."

“If you’re an accountant, a financial adviser or a middleman who helps people to avoid what they owe to society, we’re coming after you too."

“An economy that works for everyone is one where everyone plays by the same rules, so whoever you are you – however rich or powerful – you have a duty to pay your tax. And we’re going to make sure you do.”
-----------------------------------------------------------------------

I 'suggest' TM 'takes a stroll' from Downing Street, today, to her previous 'department', the Home Office, and 'have a word' with her 'new' Home Secretary, Amber Rud, about 'tax dodgers, financial advisors and middlewomen' and what does 'our Amber' KNOW about dodgy tax 'avoiders and evaders'!

Watch out, Amber, Theresa MAY, or is that MIGHT (?) be 'coming after YOU'!

If we 'think' THAT will 'ever happen' we will all be living in 'la la land' with TM!
jeanmonroe

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top