The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

25 reasons to take a much closer look at the creche set-up - Page 4 Mm11

25 reasons to take a much closer look at the creche set-up - Page 4 Regist10
The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

25 reasons to take a much closer look at the creche set-up - Page 4 Mm11

25 reasons to take a much closer look at the creche set-up - Page 4 Regist10

25 reasons to take a much closer look at the creche set-up

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

View previous topic View next topic Go down

25 reasons to take a much closer look at the creche set-up - Page 4 Empty Re: 25 reasons to take a much closer look at the creche set-up

Post by skyrocket 26.07.17 15:32

@polyenne - interesting that you should comment on the following from the 2 May (Wed morning Lobster entry):

2 May, AM Gerry signs in using his and 0790310 numbers (there is something written before numbers but I can't decipher - looks like PEXA ??). Cat signs out ??  PM, Kate signs in using 0790310 number BUT SIGNS OUT AS K HEALY for one & only time !! Why did Cat sign out Madeleine, Totman & Patel that lunchtime ?

The 'Parents Location' which you say looks like 'PEXA" has been discussed before. I felt it might be 'PeNA' (although I don't like the lower case 'e'), others felt it reads 'Room', but I still don't see that at all, and cleaner Maria da Silva states that the Mcs left the apartment almost as soon as she arrived to clean (although admittedly they may have just wandered to the shop and back).

It is my belief that the creche sheets are heavily fabricated - whether this is by the staff trying to hurridly cover their backs or something more sinsiter, I don't know (I suspect the latter). Looking at many of the parents' signatures there are huge variations - Emma Berry's; Kate McCann's; Russell O'Brien's; etc. I know the argument will be that signatures are never the same but the differences are extreme.

Also, why would Matthew's mum start the week off correctly with her apartment number EP01 and then half way through the week start writing EV01 (which is not a valid apartment number). I can envisage a scenario where someone is filling out the sheets whilst another is telling them what to write - 'McCormick apartment is EP01' which might have been heard and written incorrectly as 'EV01'.
skyrocket
skyrocket

Activity : 1537

Back to top Go down

25 reasons to take a much closer look at the creche set-up - Page 4 Empty Re: 25 reasons to take a much closer look at the creche set-up

Post by JRP 26.07.17 16:48

polyenne wrote:When did the G&K accompany Madeleine on an organized event ?

From Cat Baker's rotatory statement. 

"Questioned, she responds that since she has been working with the little girl, it has seemed to her that the parents were attentive to their daughter given that they asked what Madeleine had done in the creche and that they even accompanied Madeleine a few times in certain outside activities. Concerning the little girl, she states that she was an active and sociable child. Only on the first day was she more reticent with the group".
JRP

Activity : 1176

Back to top Go down

Post by polyenne 26.07.17 16:59

Thanks JRP.......from the McCanns statements, I'm not sure what these events might have been
polyenne

Activity : 1575

Back to top Go down

Post by sandancer 26.07.17 18:37

polyenne wrote:Thanks JRP.......from the McCanns statements, I'm not sure what these events might have been

The only " outside activities " that they " accompanied Madeleine on " as far as I remember are after bathing them and putting them in pyjamas taking them down to the play area ! 

No mention anywhere else of going on an activity with their eldest daughter , despite the Crimewatch " reconstruction " of Madeleine running round the tennis court collecting tennis balls for her parents !

Fancy that , they " even accompanied her " , it's the " perfect parents , perfect family " image again !

Activity : 2375

Back to top Go down

Post by Phoebe 27.07.17 20:52

Mark Warner in Luz had a £2.8 million reason to cover up any shortcomings its creche system may have had-

The Mark Warner spokesman said yesterday: "It is a matter of public record that Mark Warner's bookings to Portugal were affected by events nearly two years ago, but the resort remains very popular and we are looking forward to resuming our summer operations there this May."

25 reasons to take a much closer look at the creche set-up - Page 4 4000
[size=16]Business Today: sign up for a morning shot of financial news

Read more
[/size]

It is unclear how far the company's profits were hit by the affair. Its latest accounts show that it made a loss of £2.8m in the year up to October 2007, on a turnover of £46m. It blamed the loss in part to Madeleine's disappearance, saying: "The results for the year reflect the difficult trading conditions experienced by certain parts of the tour operating industry.   

Would this be enough to explain doctored creche records and nannies whose stories are suspect? IMO Yes!!
Phoebe

Activity : 3046

Back to top Go down

Post by Keitei 27.07.17 21:43

I often wonder why the nannies were sent to other resorts very quickly.

Investigator

Activity : 1560

Back to top Go down

Post by roz 15.09.17 9:17

Re Cat Baker and possibility of another statement withheld by the PJ - See start of this thread:
QUOTE :
The only other statement in the files available for Cat is dated the 6th May 2007 and does NOT include any mention of Madeleine and boys. Which can only mean one thing, Cat must have made another statement sometime after the 6th May 2007 and it is being witheld by the PJ.
http://www.mccannpjfiles.co.uk/PJ/CATRIONA-TREASA.htm

Bearing in mind that a lot of the nannies were almost immediately relocated to other countries, I wonder when and how this 'other' "deposition" came about?

CAT BAKER - Sunday 6.5.07 (snipped – my bold, my italics). Translation by R Murat
From the Poruguese statement : No que concerne a menina em concreto,adianta que era uma crianca bastanta activa e sociavel, dando contudo a sua maior atencao aos meninos do grupo a que pertencia (equipa lagosta).
Refere que apenas no primeiro dia se demonstrou mais resistente em permanecer naquele.
“Concerning the little girl, she states that she was an active and sociable child. Only on the first day was she more reticent with the group”.
Google translation - As for the girl in question, she says that she was a very active and socially active child, while paying close attention to the boys of the group to which she belonged (team lobster).
She says that only on the first day she proved more resistant to staying in that. (group?)

The reference to ‘boys’ is there in Cat’s statement, but that line is completely missed out in the English translation. (MENINOS – Boys - MENINAS – Girls)
Cat B amended this in her rogatory interview 18.4.08
It is interesting though to note the google translation ‘resistant to staying’……

Now… that sounds more like the active, headstrong Madeleine than the ‘reticent’ one.
roz

Activity : 285

Back to top Go down

Post by Verdi 15.09.17 12:55

roz wrote:Re Cat Baker and possibility of another statement withheld by the PJ - See start of this thread:
QUOTE :
The only other statement in the files available for Cat is dated the 6th May 2007 and does NOT include any mention of Madeleine and boys. Which can only mean one thing, Cat must have made another statement sometime after the 6th May 2007 and it is being witheld by the PJ.
http://www.mccannpjfiles.co.uk/PJ/CATRIONA-TREASA.htm
First rule of understanding - never ever use google translate!

25 reasons to take a much closer look at the creche set-up - Page 4 02_VOLUME_IIa_Page_255

Google translate [snipped]..

As for the girl in concrete, he says that he was a very active child, but he paid his closest attention to the boys of the group that belonged (Equipo Lagosta)

He says that just on the first day a and he proved more resistant in staying in that

She further points out that during the time that Madeleine remained in her care, at no time did the girl appear sad or dissatisfied, and she did not even comment on the fact that she was angry, sad about someone or unhappy about something.

Say no more?

That aside, it's impossible to translate one language to another verbatim.  You have to examine the subtext to get a feel of the true meaning of the document being translated and then, only then, re-write the entire document in another language, without losing flow and context.  You cannot translate word for word and taking into consideration the dramatic differences in grammar between languages, it's just impossible.  That is why interpreters and translators exist and are payed handsomely for their services.

The interview was not verbatim so cannot be relied on as 'he said she said'.

The translation of Catriona Baker's witness statement taken on 6th May 2007, as seen in the PJ files, is not Robert Murat's interpretation.  The document you see has been translated from Portuguese to English by Albym - gratuite!

I really can't see where this is leading.  There is no reason to suppose from the above, that there is Catriona Baker statement being withheld for any reason.  I think there is enough evidence to implicate various key players in his saga without making something out of nothing.  Stick to what is known - don't try to create an unknown, it only adds to the confusion ending in forum myth.

ex moderator
ex moderator

Activity : 41936

Back to top Go down

Post by roz 15.09.17 13:35

I understand exactly what you are saying Verdi re google translation. The point of me writing this was to highlight the quote from someone at the start of this whole thread, who suggests that there is possibly another statement out there from Cat B.

I am disputing this by saying that the words re ‘boys’ is included in Cat’s 6.5.07 Portuguese statement, (whether she said boys or girls) - the main point being that I do not believe that there is any other statement from cat B.
roz

Activity : 285

Back to top Go down

Post by Jill Havern 15.09.17 13:36

Verdi wrote:That aside, it's impossible to translate one language to another verbatim.  You have to examine the subtext to get a feel of the true meaning of the document being translated and then, only then, re-write the entire document in another language, without losing flow and context.  You cannot translate word for word and taking into consideration the dramatic differences in grammar between languages, it's just impossible.  That is why interpreters and translators exist and are payed handsomely for their services.
Yes indeed, I remember the great pains AnnaEsse went to when she was translating GA's book, to make sure it was correct.

Jill Havern
Jill Havern
Forum Owner & Chief Faffer
Forum Owner & Chief Faffer

Activity : 41818

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

View previous topic View next topic Back to top