The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

Another look at the Last photo - Page 39 Mm11

Another look at the Last photo - Page 39 Regist10
The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

Another look at the Last photo - Page 39 Mm11

Another look at the Last photo - Page 39 Regist10

Another look at the Last photo

Page 39 of 39 Previous  1 ... 21 ... 37, 38, 39

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Another look at the Last photo - Page 39 Empty Re: Another look at the Last photo

Post by PeterMac 04.06.19 13:48

The Photo was released on 24 May 2007 by the AFP, French Press Agency [no one knows why they were chosen]
It was obviously sent out over the usual channels, and most of the press in the UK had exactly the same story, including the stuff about the time 'shown on the picture'' which of course it isn't !

http://www.gerrymccannsblogs.co.uk/Nigel/id280.htm

has many of the original stories.  Most of the links have been "whooshed".
This is a copy of the rubric from AFP

Another look at the Last photo - Page 39 Afp10
PeterMac
PeterMac
Investigator

Activity : 16594

http://whatreallyhappenedtomadeleinemccann.blogspot.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Another look at the Last photo - Page 39 Empty Re: Another look at the Last photo

Post by Verdi 04.06.19 13:59

Tuesday 8th May 2007

There were so many people, our family and friends in particular, who desperately wanted to help. Gerry’s call to arms spurred them into action and gradually they began to pursue their own avenues. The very next evening Gerry’s sister Phil sent a chain email round the world asking every recipient to help find our little girl. It came with a downloadable poster featuring a photograph of Madeleine, the one of her holding the tennis balls, taken two days before she vanished.

This led the following day to the first conversation, between Phil, a teacher, and Calum Macrae, a former pupil of hers and an IT whizzkid, about establishing a website for Madeleine.

Jon Corner had opened up the file transfer protocol he’d set up on 4 May to circulate Madeleine’s image to family, friends and other supporters. No, I didn’t know what one of those was, either: basically, it provided access via a password to a repository for photographs and other material, allowing people to share their resources. Helpers could post their material on a dedicated server via the FTP and use that supplied by others to create flyers, posters and so on. The press already had the password, which gave them access to pictures and video footage.

madeleine by KATE MCCANN

ex moderator
ex moderator

Activity : 41936

Back to top Go down

Another look at the Last photo - Page 39 Empty Who did what to image files

Post by crispbee2000 20.08.19 14:04

kaz wrote:
Verdi wrote:DougD,

OK fair enough, you say petata I say patarto and never the twain shall meet.

It's not an area of particular interest to me anyway, my primary concern is the absence of Madeleine photographs outside of the poolside/playground shots and the scarcity of photographs of the McCann family and their friends.
But with so many of the photographs indecipherable, can we be sure of that? Now THAT would be a good reason for the McCanns to pass on greyscale photos wouldn't it? Not saying that the photograph evidence in the PJ files aren't scans..............they certainly look like them .....................................but the question is, are they scans of photographs already useless as evidence?
I'd love to find the original Portuguese for the following quote from Inspector Ricardo Paiva:
"They are my own descriptions, and yes, almost all of the B&W (non-grey scale) images do not readily permit identification of the individual. They were created for the PDF using what is is known as 'pure Black and White' scanning/printing - there are no other colours whatsoever in the images."
Is he explaining that the creator of the files used pure B&W scanning/printing, or is he explaining that he has done this for publication? To my mind you can read it both ways and it may well be that the English translation has lost some of the true inference???
crispbee2000
crispbee2000

Activity : 117

Back to top Go down

Post by Tony Bennett 20.08.19 17:37

crispbee2000 wrote:
kaz wrote:

It's not an area of particular interest to me anyway, my primary concern is the absence of Madeleine photographs outside of the poolside/playground shots and the scarcity of photographs of the McCann family and their friends.
But with so many of the photographs indecipherable, can we be sure of that? Now THAT would be a good reason for the McCanns to pass on greyscale photos wouldn't it? Not saying that the photograph evidence in the PJ files aren't scans..............they certainly look like them .....................................but the question is, are they scans of photographs already useless as evidence?
I'd love to find the original Portuguese for the following quote from Inspector Ricardo Paiva:
"They are my own descriptions, and yes, almost all of the B&W (non-grey scale) images do not readily permit identification of the individual. They were created for the PDF using what is is known as 'pure Black and White' scanning/printing - there are no other colours whatsoever in the images."
Is he explaining that the creator of the files used pure B&W scanning/printing, or is he explaining that he has done this for publication? To my mind you can read it both ways and it may well be that the English translation has lost some of the true inference???
That is a very good point.

We do know that the images were supplied to the PJ on two separate days, 8 & 9 May 2007, by Gerry McCann, Alex Woolfall and Michael Wright, on two computer disks.

I think they were put onto disk in black-and-white - but that is only from memory of what I read many years ago. 

However, there is one further point. IIRC, two or three of the images - of Madeleine - found their way on to the PJ file in colour, didn't they? 

So who was responsible for choosing to print just those two or three photos in colour?

The McCann Team?

Or the PJ?

Dr Martin Roberts: "The evidence is that these are the pjyamas Madeleine wore on holiday in Praia da Luz. They were photographed and the photo handed to a press agency, who released it on 8 May, as the search for Madeleine continued. The McCanns held up these same pyjamas at two press conferences on 5 & 7June 2007. How could Madeleine have been abducted?"

Amelie McCann (aged 2): "Maddie's jammies!".  

Tony Bennett
Tony Bennett
Researcher

Activity : 24770

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 21.08.19 8:07

I'd love to find the original Portuguese for the following quote from Inspector Ricardo Paiva:
I don't think Ricardo Paiva said that.

I think either the translator (ALBYM) or the person who created the web page said it.

https://www.mccannpjfiles.co.uk/PJ/HOLIDAY-PHOTOS-LIST.htm
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by crispbee2000 21.08.19 10:01

Tony Bennett wrote:
crispbee2000 wrote:
kaz wrote:

That is a very good point.

We do know that the images were supplied to the PJ on two separate days, 8 & 9 May 2007, by Gerry McCann, Alex Woolfall and Michael Wright, on two computer disks.

I think they were put onto disk in black-and-white - but that is only from memory of what I read many years ago. 

However, there is one further point. IIRC, two or three of the images - of Madeleine - found their way on to the PJ file in colour, didn't they? 

So who was responsible for choosing to print just those two or three photos in colour?

The McCann Team?

Or the PJ?
Looking more closely at the PJ files I think that it looks more certain that the files were delivered to the PJ in B&W + Greyscale. If the role of Insp' Paiva was to analyse the images and report to the 'Coordinator of the Criminal Investigation' then at that time the evidence would have to be presented as best as good be. The role of any protection of civilians identity upon eventual and later publication would surely be the role of someone else entirely. 

BTW. I'm working on a flow chart to plot what I believe the flow of image data was from the various sources, where they were supposedly handled, analysed and publicised. I'm hoping that this flow chart can bring some more focus on to what we know and what we don't. The reticence (or otherwise) of TM to provide the full photo record has to be one of the most important aspects of the case. If there is someone or something in the photo record (or indeed someone or something missing from the photo) that would cause problems to the McCanns (and possibly others) - then we need to establish exactly what that is.
crispbee2000
crispbee2000

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 21.08.19 10:34

Looking more closely at the PJ files I think that it looks more certain that the files were delivered to the PJ in B&W + Greyscale.
I disagree.

It would have been totally unacceptable for the McCanns to hand over the photos in that terrible black and white state. The PJ would have said something and demanded the originals.

I think they were in colour when handed over. But when they ended up in the PJ files they were scanned from physical bits of paper.

You can even see the physical folder binder holes in some of the pages.

The physical bits of paper may have been fax copies or the person doing the scanning chose b&w.

They look like fax copies to me.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Verdi 21.08.19 12:19

BlueBag wrote:
I'd love to find the original Portuguese for the following quote from Inspector Ricardo Paiva:
I don't think Ricardo Paiva said that.

I think either the translator (ALBYM) or the person who created the web page said it.

https://www.mccannpjfiles.co.uk/PJ/HOLIDAY-PHOTOS-LIST.htm
Correct BlueBag - it was indeed said by ALBYM or the persona who created the web page..

TRANSLATION BY ALBYM
T
hey are my own descriptions, and yes, almost all of the B&W (non-grey scale) images do not readily permit identification of the individual. They were created for the PDF using what is is known as 'pure Black and White' scanning/printing - there are no other colours whatsoever in the images. File notes - 9 May:
PDF Apenso Desc.
12  549    Analysis of CD delivered by GM
13  550    Analysis of CD delivered by M Wright
14  551    Image grouping index: (1)Apartments; (2)Ocean Club; (3)Beach
15  552    Blank page
16  553    Receipt of images dated 8 May
17  554    Receipt of images dated 8 May (same words; different signature)
18  555    Blank page

If I might add, as I've previously pointed out, there is no evidence to suggest Alex Woolfall of Bell Pottinger, was involved with the preparation of the CDs delivered to the PJ by Gerry McCann and Michael Wright.

The McCanns had photographs of Madeleine on their digital camera, which Mr Woolfall began transferring to a laptop computer. “I said to Kate, ‘Let’s try to identify pictures where her face is visible’. Downloading the images was a very difficult process for them. It was upsetting.

“They were trying to do two things at once: one, emotionally deal with what was actually, really happening to them; two, operate in some sort of logical way to help get her back.”

Mr Woolfall transmitted the photographs to the Press Association in London, from where they were distributed to the media. The portfolio included the now famous image of Madeleine wearing a hat on a tennis court.

Timesonline

ex moderator
ex moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Verdi 21.08.19 12:23

BlueBag wrote:
Looking more closely at the PJ files I think that it looks more certain that the files were delivered to the PJ in B&W + Greyscale.
I disagree.

It would have been totally unacceptable for the McCanns to hand over the photos in that terrible black and white state. The PJ would have said something and demanded the originals.

I think they were in colour when handed over. But when they ended up in the PJ files they were scanned from physical bits of paper.

The physical bits of paper may have been fax copies or the person doing the scanning chose b&w.

Correct BlueBag.

Examples..

Another look at the Last photo - Page 39 03_volumeIII_apensoVIII_Page570a

Another look at the Last photo - Page 39 03_volume_III_o_apenso_VIII_Page_573

ex moderator
ex moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 21.08.19 12:38

That vertical striping effect thing is something photocopiers and faxes did back in the day.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by ROSA 21.08.19 14:11

I was very surprised that Kate chose not to use the so called last photo on her Madeleine book cover ,surely a last photo taken only 7 hours prior to her disappearance their narrative not mine would be of great importance and jogg peoples memories .By choosing a much younger image of her where Madeleine looks kind of scared and sad I find very strange were they trying to hard to show her coloboma, which funnily enough she doesn't even have in some of her toddler images .A last photo of a missing child should be foremost in the search for her. But then again knowing what happened in apartment 5 a thanks to the cadaver and blood dogs and knowing their narrative is a lie then I guess they couldn't care less when it came to the book.

And he adds: "In reality, when the McCanns went to Oprah's Show, the blanket was mentioned. At a given moment, when Oprah tells Kate that she heard her mention a blanket several times, Kate argued that a mother who misses a child always wants to know if she is comfortable, if she is warm, and added, referring to Maddie, that sometimes she asked herself if the person who had taken her would cover her up with her little blanket (but the blanket was on the bed after Maddie, supposedly, disappeared!!!).
ROSA
ROSA

Activity : 2108

Back to top Go down

Post by theomega 21.08.19 16:46

BTW. I'm working on a flow chart to plot what I believe the flow of image data was from the various sources, where they were supposedly handled, analysed and publicised. I'm hoping that this flow chart can bring some more focus on to what we know and what we don't. The reticence (or otherwise) of TM to provide the full photo record has to be one of the most important aspects of the case. If there is someone or something in the photo record (or indeed someone or something missing from the photo) that would cause problems to the McCanns (and possibly others) - then we need to establish exactly what that is.
I think together with phone calls / text messages on a timeline it will reveal somethings that are not so obvious indeed. Looking much forward to the flow chart. Does anyone have the calls of all Tapas / Murat or others around that faithful week (and weeks after) with date/time stamps already in an excel or other table like format?
theomega
theomega

Activity : 20

Back to top Go down

Post by Verdi 21.08.19 21:44

The quote from crispbee2000's previous post, I don't even understand what the member is getting at. 

It makes no sense to me.

I can wait ....

ex moderator
ex moderator

Back to top Go down

Another look at the Last photo - Page 39 Empty It's now all B&W

Post by crispbee2000 25.08.19 13:01

BlueBag wrote:
I disagree.

OK, I messed up. I was reading all of the content of the McCannPJ files Web pages as translations from the original, not as is obviously the case - some of the verbiage are quotes from the McCannPJ files Web page authors. Apologies. The original PJ files contain NO mention of the files submitted to them as being in B&W or greyscale, thus I now concur with Bluebag and Verdi that the images were in most probability made B&W/Greyscale for publication at the time the PJ released the images to the public. They may have included some in colour where those images had already found their way into the public domain? I agree with Verdi, there's still issues to resolve around the photos, but laying the blame at the McCanns for submitting images that were not visible is not correct and is very misleading. I'd love to have a peek at the original photo CDs and / or the file names and descriptions as submitted to the PJ to see if it sheds any light on the issue of dates and missing files / photos and any other evidence of manipulation of the photo record by the McCanns prior to issuing the files to the PJ...…..   I hope that I'm now back on track. 
crispbee2000
crispbee2000

Back to top Go down

Post by crispbee2000 05.09.19 9:36

Some points of clarification. I contacted mccannpjfiles regarding "The Holiday Photos List" web page, who kindly confirmed the following:

Mccannpjfiles had voluntary translators (e.g. ALBYM) translate the PJ files into English. The Translators added explanatory notes and these plus notes by mccannpjfiles (denoted in blue text) were added to the web pages whilst being authored. The Holiday images on the PJ files were all in PDF as black & white or greyscale. Mccannpjfiles then added in the colour images that were already in the public domain. The colour images in the Holiday Photos page WERE NOT IN THE PJ FILES AS RELEASED TO THE PUBLIC. All PDFs were converted to jpgs. Where some children's faces were recognisable in the greyscale images mccannpjfiles took it upon themselves to blank the faces of those children. 

We still have no knowledge as to the nature of the image files that were on the original CDs handed to the PJ by messrs McCann & White. On the basis that there is no mention of b&w / greyscale or difficulty in analysing the images on the correspondence from Inspectors Ricardo Paiva and Hugo Ferreira, I assume that the CDs contained full colour images. I further assume that the PJ released the images as b&w and greyscale to protect the individuals privacy.

Many thanks again to mccannpjfiles for their help in providing clarification.
crispbee2000
crispbee2000

Back to top Go down

Post by ROSA 17.09.19 9:38

Another look at the Last photo - Page 39 B50db210
Another look at the Last photo - Page 39 Gerry-10
Similar sunhats Maddie and Amelie

And he adds: "In reality, when the McCanns went to Oprah's Show, the blanket was mentioned. At a given moment, when Oprah tells Kate that she heard her mention a blanket several times, Kate argued that a mother who misses a child always wants to know if she is comfortable, if she is warm, and added, referring to Maddie, that sometimes she asked herself if the person who had taken her would cover her up with her little blanket (but the blanket was on the bed after Maddie, supposedly, disappeared!!!).
ROSA
ROSA

Back to top Go down

Post by Verdi 17.09.19 12:05

The portfolio of Madeleine McCann photographs have been done to death and back.  Some of them have been 'enhanced' to such an extent they can no longer be viewed as viable evidence.  Without knowledge of the provenance they are but playthings for photoshop enthusiasts.

This is my favourite because it brings together all the requisite components for jolly good theorising on the subject of the poolside photograph..

Another look at the Last photo - Page 39 Sct3zm10

On the subject of cheap street market sunglasses..

Another look at the Last photo - Page 39 Parent10
7th July 2007 - only two months after the disappearance of Madeleine McCann

Look at that reflection - is it a factory fault or has this image been 'adjusted' big grin ?

ex moderator
ex moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by ROSA 17.09.19 12:13

Kate is trying to be the Queen waving to her fans

ROSA
ROSA

Back to top Go down

Post by Doug D 17.09.19 13:59

#966 ROSA

AM’s sunhat is different in this photo with a much larger floral pattern and several rows of ribbing round the ‘hat’ part.
Doug D

Activity : 5284

Back to top Go down

Page 39 of 39 Previous  1 ... 21 ... 37, 38, 39

View previous topic View next topic Back to top