The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

Martin Brunt Confronts Twitter "Troll" - Page 5 Mm11

Martin Brunt Confronts Twitter "Troll" - Page 5 Regist10
The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

Martin Brunt Confronts Twitter "Troll" - Page 5 Mm11

Martin Brunt Confronts Twitter "Troll" - Page 5 Regist10

Martin Brunt Confronts Twitter "Troll"

Page 5 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 22 ... 40  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Martin Brunt Confronts Twitter "Troll" - Page 5 Empty Re: Martin Brunt Confronts Twitter "Troll"

Post by Guest 03.10.14 9:29

pauloptix wrote:she also featured at the end of Petermacs post here:

https://jillhavern.forumotion.net/t8300p360-why-the-re-opening-signifies-the-beginning-of-the-end-thread-of-hope

She's unlikely to be anything but genuine in my opinion.

I agree.

She's unlikely to be "vile" as well from what I've seen.

She should challenge them.

She's probably reading this.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Martin Brunt Confronts Twitter "Troll" - Page 5 Empty Re: Martin Brunt Confronts Twitter "Troll"

Post by Tony Bennett 03.10.14 9:33

BBCNews online - just published

Kate and Gerry McCann criticise press after libel payout

Martin Brunt Confronts Twitter "Troll" - Page 5 _77980137_77980132
Kate and Gerry McCann said the allegations were "grotesque and utterly false"

The parents of missing Madeleine McCann have said press regulation is still not working, after receiving £55,000 in libel damages from the Sunday Times.

The payout came over claims they had withheld details about their daughter's disappearance from the authorities.

Kate and Gerry McCann said the paper did not provide them with a proper opportunity to comment and chose not to publish key parts of their response.

The Sunday Times said it had agreed a settlement with Mr and Mrs McCann.

"It has been a significant period since the Leveson Inquiry finished and I don't see any change in culture.”
End Quote Gerry McCann

Continued failure

The McCanns said the allegations were "grotesque and utterly false", and in effect suggested they had deliberately hindered the search for their daughter Madeleine, who went missing in Portugal in 2007.

Last December the paper printed an apology which the McCanns said was on an inside page and inadequate.

After instructing lawyers to sue for damages they received the payout which will be donated to two charities for missing people and sick children.

Speaking to BBC Radio 4's Today programme, Mr McCann said the story "should never have been published", saying his family had given the Sunday Times a statement to that effect when the allegations were first put to them.

"This damaged us, it damaged the reputation of the [Madeleine's Fund] fund and it quite potentially can damage the search for Madeleine," he added.

Martin Brunt Confronts Twitter "Troll" - Page 5 _77981946_003991608-1

He said it showed the continued failure of the press - which Mr McCann said was causing damage to ordinary people on a "daily basis" - to act responsibly.

"It has been a significant period since the Leveson Inquiry finished and I don't see any change in culture," Mr McCann added.

'Industry poodle'

The allegations in the Sunday Times were made at a time when the paper was arguing there was no need for the independent regulation proposed by the Leveson Inquiry into press standards.

The McCanns described the new Independent Press Standards Organisation (Ipso), which started its work last month as the successor to the Press Complaints Commission, as the "latest industry poodle".

It is not the first time Mr and Mrs McCann have taken legal action against the press.

Martin Brunt Confronts Twitter "Troll" - Page 5 _77981948_013384476-1
Kate and Gerry McCann gave evidence to the Leveson Inquiry in November 2011

In 2008, they accepted £550,000 libel damages and front-page apologies from Express Newspapers over allegations they were responsible for Madeleine's death.

The McCanns have been prominent in the Hacked Off group which campaigns for press accountability following the News of the World phone-hacking scandal.

Private diary

At the Leveson Inquiry, the McCanns were critical of their treatment by the press, saying they were left distraught by suggestions they were responsible for Madeleine's death.

Mr McCann told the inquiry many of the stories were untruthful, sinister or, he believed, made up.

Mrs McCann said seeing her private diary published in the News of the World made her feel "totally violated".

Lord Leveson's report recommended an independent, self-regulatory press watchdog backed by legislation.

The three main Westminster parties agreed a Royal Charter that established a panel to independently verify a new regulator, although Ipso has not sought recognition from this.

A rival independent self-regulator, Impress, has been set up by a group of high-profile campaigners with the aim of becoming compliant with Leveson's requirements.

Dr Martin Roberts: "The evidence is that these are the pjyamas Madeleine wore on holiday in Praia da Luz. They were photographed and the photo handed to a press agency, who released it on 8 May, as the search for Madeleine continued. The McCanns held up these same pyjamas at two press conferences on 5 & 7June 2007. How could Madeleine have been abducted?"

Amelie McCann (aged 2): "Maddie's jammies!".  

Tony Bennett
Tony Bennett
Researcher

Activity : 24770

Back to top Go down

Post by aiyoyo 03.10.14 9:40

BlueBag wrote:There's an awful lot of media management going on.

Spinning as usual, by the usual suspects.Nothing new there.

Look on the bright side. The reason they were targeted has to be reported. The press / media has to rehash people still believe they have something to do with their daughter disappearance.

OG, as well as the public, is reminded there are activists prepared to use FOI act to seek info.

Something stinks to high heaven. Have no doubt at all this is a very organised and orchestrated effort colluded between several parties with vested interest to control doubters. They will call it trolls, haters, or whatever to dramatise it for impact.

Abusive tweets and messages on FB are wrong, but it's done by both sides with each side reciprocating the other side's behavior. To target one side and condone the other side is not objective at all, and seen as selfish narrowly focused self preservation effort to clam down on their skeptics.

Not looking good for them at all to draw this negative on them to the public attention because they themselves are reminding people why they are hated.

aiyoyo
aiyoyo

Activity : 10084

Back to top Go down

Post by Rogue-a-Tory 03.10.14 9:42

This troll story is definitely staged by TM supporters IMO. I maintain that some of the troll FB & twitter accounts are trojan horses designed to garner opinion within the public domain that the McCann's are once more the victims. It's happening from so many angles to try and drive home that same message. All that's left is Kate to run a half-marathon donning the Mario Balotelli T shirt 'Why Always Me'.
Rogue-a-Tory
Rogue-a-Tory

Activity : 1115

Back to top Go down

Post by stillsloppingout 03.10.14 10:24

I would also vote for this explanation.  This is part of the coordinated attempt to shut down / discredit anyone who speaks against the McCanns.  A high-profile, particularly nasty "troll" is paraded to the crowds so that the crowd will assume that ALL who speak against them are the same.

It is no coincidence that the following 3 things have happened simultaneously:

1. Release of the Summers book
2. High-profile outing of the "vicious troll"
3. Winning of the libel action against the Sunday Times  

The Summers book was designed to be the public Closing Report - and as predicted it clears the McCanns, discredits the dogs and makes fun of the "haters".   The Times have had to settle based on a technicality and are now being reported as "irresponsible" haters.   And the "troll" is outed to publicly ridicule anyone who speaks against the McCanns. This particular woman was chosen specifically because she can be their pantomime villain in the red-tops.

It's important to remember the goal of the whitewash - it is to put on public record (official news media / books / SY) the complete innocence of the McCanns and replace the guilt suggested by the PJ with a new SY narrative: a shadowy (but never identified or caught) burglar(s) abducted and killed Maddie.  

ALL activities during the End-Game are designed with this in mind.  Scaring off other dissenters is a small bonus, but discrediting existing ones is the number one objective.  It is likely to continue or even increase.  [/quote]

All the above spot on . may i add as i stated yesterday , it all is designed to also pre empt imminent news .as the excercise would be wasted . IMO the Libel trial .
stillsloppingout
stillsloppingout

Activity : 540

Back to top Go down

Post by Woofer 03.10.14 10:26

Tony Bennett wrote:BBCNews online - just published

Kate and Gerry McCann criticise press after libel payout

Martin Brunt Confronts Twitter "Troll" - Page 5 _77980137_77980132
Kate and Gerry McCann said the allegations were "grotesque and utterly false"

The parents of missing Madeleine McCann have said press regulation is still not working, after receiving £55,000 in libel damages from the Sunday Times.

The payout came over claims they had withheld details about their daughter's disappearance from the authorities.

Kate and Gerry McCann said the paper did not provide them with a proper opportunity to comment and chose not to publish key parts of their response.

The Sunday Times said it had agreed a settlement with Mr and Mrs McCann.

"It has been a significant period since the Leveson Inquiry finished and I don't see any change in culture.”
End Quote Gerry McCann

Continued failure

The McCanns said the allegations were "grotesque and utterly false", and in effect suggested they had deliberately hindered the search for their daughter Madeleine, who went missing in Portugal in 2007.

Last December the paper printed an apology which the McCanns said was on an inside page and inadequate.

After instructing lawyers to sue for damages they received the payout which will be donated to two charities for missing people and sick children.

Speaking to BBC Radio 4's Today programme, Mr McCann said the story "should never have been published", saying his family had given the Sunday Times a statement to that effect when the allegations were first put to them.

"This damaged us, it damaged the reputation of the [Madeleine's Fund] fund and it quite potentially can damage the search for Madeleine," he added.

Martin Brunt Confronts Twitter "Troll" - Page 5 _77981946_003991608-1

He said it showed the continued failure of the press - which Mr McCann said was causing damage to ordinary people on a "daily basis" - to act responsibly.

"It has been a significant period since the Leveson Inquiry finished and I don't see any change in culture," Mr McCann added.

'Industry poodle'

The allegations in the Sunday Times were made at a time when the paper was arguing there was no need for the independent regulation proposed by the Leveson Inquiry into press standards.

The McCanns described the new Independent Press Standards Organisation (Ipso), which started its work last month as the successor to the Press Complaints Commission, as the "latest industry poodle".

It is not the first time Mr and Mrs McCann have taken legal action against the press.

Martin Brunt Confronts Twitter "Troll" - Page 5 _77981948_013384476-1
Kate and Gerry McCann gave evidence to the Leveson Inquiry in November 2011

In 2008, they accepted £550,000 libel damages and front-page apologies from Express Newspapers over allegations they were responsible for Madeleine's death.

The McCanns have been prominent in the Hacked Off group which campaigns for press accountability following the News of the World phone-hacking scandal.

Private diary

At the Leveson Inquiry, the McCanns were critical of their treatment by the press, saying they were left distraught by suggestions they were responsible for Madeleine's death.

Mr McCann told the inquiry many of the stories were untruthful, sinister or, he believed, made up.

Mrs McCann said seeing her private diary published in the News of the World made her feel "totally violated".

Lord Leveson's report recommended an independent, self-regulatory press watchdog backed by legislation.

The three main Westminster parties agreed a Royal Charter that established a panel to independently verify a new regulator, although Ipso has not sought recognition from this.

A rival independent self-regulator, Impress, has been set up by a group of high-profile campaigners with the aim of becoming compliant with Leveson's requirements.
I don`t think this article shows the Mcs in a good light at all. In fact GM comes across as a reincarnation of a person with a little black moustache - who does he think he is.

Activity : 3508

Back to top Go down

Post by Naz_Nomad 03.10.14 10:31

Ladyinred wrote:Gerry talking to John Humphries on "Today" at the moment.

I heard him whinging on the radio a couple of hours ago, and actually swiped my radio off the desk in a fit of rage.

Activity : 156

Back to top Go down

Post by Naz_Nomad 03.10.14 10:35

Thetruth wrote:the Guardian has just closed comments on Mccann article following a perceptive and
reasonable question. "Ws this an out of court settlement" concerning Sunday Times

The article itself fails to dispel the feeling that there was indeed a trial.

There are two Guardian articles featuring the McCanns today, both have comments closed (they usually keep the comments open for a couple of days), and there seem to be more deleted comments than allowed ones.  I always used to trust the Grauniad, but it's now become just as shallow and neutered as the rest of them.

Activity : 156

Back to top Go down

Post by stillsloppingout 03.10.14 10:35

BlueBag wrote:I can't see how she could have been "tracked down" legally.

I KNOW people can be traced, but it's not easy and is illegal unless you're the Police or GCHQ.

A lot of the time its illegal or sailing close to the wind, but as i stated before ,once you put yourself online even with an allias you can be traced . as you have to give your proper details to the hosting site .

Thats all journos do these days if there is a murder , go on facebook for the profile pic . find there friends , knock on there doors . [ i did just that with the "Barrack Obarma " girl story this year ] allias sights always leave a paper trail , as don't forget there are many pro's on forums who are actually working for the other side if you get my drift .

She has probably inadvertantly or otherwise , gone on a forum with her allias [ giving her real name to the host site , or PM'd somebody with her surname etc and game over ] .
stillsloppingout
stillsloppingout

Activity : 540

Back to top Go down

Post by canada12 03.10.14 10:36

Woofer wrote:
I don`t think this article shows the Mcs in a good light at all. In fact GM comes across as a reincarnation of a person with a little black moustache - who does he think he is.

Agreed. And lest we forget...what was the first thing the McCanns did upon discovering the disappearance of their child? They contacted the media. Then they courted the media. They invited the media to follow their every move in Portugal. They used the media to raise their profiles and to keep Madeleine in the news. They hired a spokesman.

I find it rather difficult to reconcile the McCanns now claiming that their privacy has been invaded and the press needs to be muzzled, when they did everything they could do use the media to their advantage 7 years ago, and continued to do so until it became evident that they were no longer the poor darlings of the press, and there were serious questions about their credibility.

canada12

Activity : 1698

Back to top Go down

Post by Hongkong Phooey 03.10.14 10:38

Bishop Brennan wrote:
Brian Griffin wrote:
Lance De Boils wrote:My initial thought is that it's designed to instil fear in everyone who posts about the case - with the aim of people backing away from sites such as this.
Bingo!

And they're pissed off that the new book ploy didn't pan out, partly because it's crap and partly because there are people on sites like this willing to point out that it's crap. I suspect the 'anti' faction is growing and the 'pro' faction is starting to run out of ammo, so it's time for the nukes!

The book was shot down before it even managed to take off. I bet they weren't expecting that.

In my opinion.

I would also vote for this explanation. This is part of the coordinated attempt to shut down / discredit anyone who speaks against the McCanns. A high-profile, particularly nasty "troll" is paraded to the crowds so that the crowd will assume that ALL who speak against them are the same.

It is no coincidence that the following 3 things have happened simultaneously:

1. Release of the Summers book
2. High-profile outing of the "vicious troll"
3. Winning of the libel action against the Sunday Times

The Summers book was designed to be the public Closing Report - and as predicted it clears the McCanns, discredits the dogs and makes fun of the "haters". The Times have had to settle based on a technicality and are now being reported as "irresponsible" haters. And the "troll" is outed to publicly ridicule anyone who speaks against the McCanns. This particular woman was chosen specifically because she can be their pantomime villain in the red-tops.

It's important to remember the goal of the whitewash - it is to put on public record (official news media / books / SY) the complete innocence of the McCanns and replace the guilt suggested by the PJ with a new SY narrative: a shadowy (but never identified or caught) burglar(s) abducted and killed Maddie.

ALL activities during the End-Game are designed with this in mind. Scaring off other dissenters is a small bonus, but discrediting existing ones is the number one objective. It is likely to continue or even increase.
Great posts from all three, can't see anything other than you guys have described.
Hongkong Phooey
Hongkong Phooey

Activity : 312

Back to top Go down

Post by Rogue-a-Tory 03.10.14 10:40

Woofer wrote:I don`t think this article shows the Mcs in a good light at all. In fact GM comes across as a reincarnation of a person with a little black moustache - who does he think he is.
Charlie Chalpin? Or Baldrick performing a slug balancing trick? 'Kate, I have a cunning plan.....'

As Blackadder may well have telegrammed TM 'GERRY, PLEASE PLEASE STOP'
Rogue-a-Tory
Rogue-a-Tory

Back to top Go down

Post by Rogue-a-Tory 03.10.14 10:45

canada12 wrote:
Woofer wrote:

Agreed. And lest we forget...what was the first thing the McCanns did upon discovering the disappearance of their child? They contacted the media. Then they courted the media. They invited the media to follow their every move in Portugal. They used the media to raise their profiles and to keep Madeleine in the news. They hired a spokesman.

I find it rather difficult to reconcile the McCanns now claiming that their privacy has been invaded and the press needs to be muzzled, when they did everything they could do use the media to their advantage 7 years ago, and continued to do so until it became evident that they were no longer the poor darlings of the press, and there were serious questions about their credibility.

The press needs to be muzzled now because it has long served its purpose. It must be muzzled because there is a real and present danger that the alternative and more likely version of events will ultimately arrive in MSM.
Rogue-a-Tory
Rogue-a-Tory

Back to top Go down

Post by aiyoyo 03.10.14 10:54

The press needs to be muzzled now in case the excrements hit the fan and all hell breaks loose for them.
Maybe they are pre-empting for the future, always possible.

Gerry always plan ahead.  Remember the corporate style charting and his future planning of the 100 days celebration awareness campaign and anniversary campaigns projection to remind people to look for missing Madeleine.  He already knew she isn't going to be found.  Intuition or knowledge?  Is his press muzzling effort also planning ahead for just in case..........?
aiyoyo
aiyoyo

Activity : 10084

Back to top Go down

Martin Brunt Confronts Twitter "Troll" - Page 5 Empty Re: Martin Brunt Confronts Twiiter "Troll"

Post by Monty Heck 03.10.14 10:57

Brunt's behaviour rather ironic, considering that for a long period of time he ran what was essentially a MMcC discussion forum on his Life of Crime blog, featuring offensive commentary, mainly from a pro McC element.  Strange he is now taking the moral high ground, considering he content encouraged on his forum by somewhat unbalanced sounding individuals.  But who remembers the past when today is another day.
Monty Heck

Activity : 472

Back to top Go down

Post by HelenMeg 03.10.14 10:59

Well, events recently have certainly pushed the 'Mc Canns' to the forefront of the agenda in many ways.  But I dont feel that this is necessarily for the good of the Mc Canns, or with a view to exonerating them. I think this is all part of the 'last battle'.  I am optimistic that closure of this case will not include exoneration of the Mc Canns.  Looking at the big picture for the past year  - why would that be a logical conclusion?  I think there will be a portion of truth that wont be revealed but in the main the case will be closed wit a revelation of a substantial portion of the truth. Why would that not be the case?
HelenMeg

Activity : 2081

Back to top Go down

Post by HelenMeg 03.10.14 11:00

Brunt is a mere pawn to be moved as his director sees fit.
HelenMeg

Back to top Go down

Post by Woofer 03.10.14 11:01

Naz_Nomad wrote:
Ladyinred wrote:Gerry talking to John Humphries on "Today" at the moment.

I heard him whinging on the radio a couple of hours ago, and actually swiped my radio off the desk in a fit of rage.
lol!

I sympathise.

Activity : 3508

Back to top Go down

Post by HelenMeg 03.10.14 11:15

I think it is important to realise that whether it be a whitewash or truth  is yet to be decided or confirmed.
We are surely witnessing the main players fighting. There is bound to be a fight between the various players within the establishment as to how this is to be concluded. Some have nothing to lose and some have everything to lose. This not about the Mc Cann couple....  Everyone wants this resolved and closed but each player has a different motivation and wants a different closure. That is the fight that we are witnessing - and everything is kicking off as a result. How this is to be closed is not yet decided. IMO

The general public still plays an important role - we still have to demand the truth.
HelenMeg

Back to top Go down

Post by plebgate 03.10.14 11:26

Haven't had time last few days to do anything but skim read, but I tend to agree with the thoughts that this could be to shut people up - stop them asking questions.

As someone asked - why this woman?  

I also read that people asking "vexatious" FOI questions could be interviewed by the cops.   WHAAAATT.  Who determines whether a request is vexatious or not?  Didn't we read a little while back that one of Tony's questions had been deemed potentially "vexatious".   Who decided that?

We also had the removal of the DNA blog after a visit from men in suits.   As the men in suits were not "named" I also wonder whether this could be part and parcel of an attempt to scare people and stop them asking questions.

I agree that some of the comments that have been made are quite vile and should not happen, but to say there is a possibility that people might be interviewed by the cops for what is deemed to be vexatious FOI requests is going a bit far I believe.

I wonder what colour ink the formal complaint was made in was it green, pink or typed?  lol.

I liked the post earlier on that said that if Brunt approaches just respond with google gaspar statements, pity this woman hadn't done that.

I heard on the news earlier that Mr. & Mrs. are complaining that the press have not been curbed enough.   Who are they?

Two professional people who went on a holiday with 3 children, came back with 2, loadsa cash been sent to them, loadsa money from newspapers or the threat of court action against them and still they are banging on about press regulation.   

Loadsa, loadsa cash spent on looking for missing Maddie and still they are banging on about press regulation.   Remind me again, who left their children alone on that holiday and having done so why did Mr. receive a standing ovation from some police officers?

Who are they exactly?

Come on Portugal get your asses in gear and get this libel trial over and done with and I hope  that Rocky wins the day.

PAH.
plebgate

Activity : 8938

Back to top Go down

Post by jozi 03.10.14 11:27

Monty Heck wrote:Brunt's behaviour rather ironic, considering that for a long period of time he ran what was essentially a MMcC discussion forum on his Life of Crime blog, featuring offensive commentary, mainly from a pro McC element.  Strange he is now taking the moral high ground, considering he content encouraged on his forum by somewhat unbalanced sounding individuals.  But who remembers the past when today is another day.
Yes Monty Heck, I remember it well as I was a member of that site but even then pro Mc element got away with lots of abuse and bullying ?

They then turned it around and made it look as if they were the victims.They could delete and alter posts which I found very
 strange !!!
jozi
jozi

Activity : 733

Back to top Go down

Martin Brunt Confronts Twitter "Troll" - Page 5 Empty The man from Sky...

Post by missbeetle 03.10.14 11:27

Martin Brunt brought up the photograph of the McCanns "caught on a TV camera at the Commonwealth Games in Glasgow".

It had been put up on a Facebook account discussing the McCann case.

He pointedly pointed out that he was showing the picture with the twins' faces obscured.

I thought that picture was taken the day of Madeleine's birthday, in May... We worked it out on another thread.

Not that it matters - just another oddity.

Very shiny suit Mr Brunt was wearing whilst reading his troll dossier on a park bench.

(Jim Gamble's black damask number with pointy-collared shirt and green NSPCC button - I winced)

What a charming-looking village! Birds singing, roses round the door and even a red telephone box...

Did anyone clock what sort of car that was at 1.19mins?

missbeetle

Activity : 1093

Back to top Go down

Post by plebgate 03.10.14 11:32

Anyone remember from the 3As days when someone posted a picture of Parker, Lady Penelope's Chauffeur.    I really laughed as imo there was a real resemblance. big grin big grin big grin

Edited to add - Brunty looking like Parker.
plebgate

Activity : 8938

Back to top Go down

Post by HelenMeg 03.10.14 11:33

plebgate wrote:Anyone remember from the 3As days when someone posted a picture of Parker, Lady Penelope's Chauffeur.    I really laughed as imo there was a real resemblance. big grin big grin big grin
Yes -  do you remember that poster - I ve forgotten her name - she was American and always said Godspeed?

I'd be interested to know the ratio of male / women posters. But I dont think everyone would admit their gender. I'm sure there are females posing as males and vice versa.
HelenMeg

Back to top Go down

Post by Monty Heck 03.10.14 11:41

HelenMeg wrote:I think it is important to realise that whether it be a whitewash or truth  is yet to be decided or confirmed.
We are surely witnessing the main players fighting. There is bound to be a fight between the various players within the establishment as to how this is to be concluded. Some have nothing to lose and some have everything to lose. This not about the Mc Cann couple....  Everyone wants this resolved and closed but each player has a different motivation and wants a different closure. That is the fight that we are witnessing - and everything is kicking off as a result. How this is to be closed is not yet decided. IMO

The general public still plays an important role - we still have to demand the truth.
Agreed.  If this were not so it's likely this case would have been concluded for good long ago.  A smilar thing is happening in the aftermath of the Scottish independence referendum, where the media entirely lost its head and threw balance out of the window to such an extent that there were protests against the BBC and the mainstream media is left discredited, unlikely ever to recover.  Online news sites, to which people had to turn in order to gather facts are now being consolidated into permanent entities, and the result is likely to be the demise of a section of the current print media.  People are withholding their BBC licence fee in protest and a petition is being raised for a Scottish Parliament inquiry into their pre referendum conduct and a demand for a devolved state broadcaster. 

The public does indeed play an important role.  Seven years on and, no matter how many times the media attempts to drum in that the McCs are cleared of all suspicion, the more vocal the comments from those who believe they still have a case to answer, if only for child neglect.  Public opinion is what goverments and corporations fear most, and what they seek endlessly to shape and form to their agenda, but the internet in particular thwarts these ambitions as people find alternative ways of getting information and platforms for discussion.
Monty Heck

Activity : 472

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 22 ... 40  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top