The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

Martin Brunt Confronts Twitter "Troll" - Page 4 Mm11

Martin Brunt Confronts Twitter "Troll" - Page 4 Regist10
The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

Martin Brunt Confronts Twitter "Troll" - Page 4 Mm11

Martin Brunt Confronts Twitter "Troll" - Page 4 Regist10

Martin Brunt Confronts Twitter "Troll"

Page 4 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 22 ... 40  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Martin Brunt Confronts Twitter "Troll" - Page 4 Empty Re: Martin Brunt Confronts Twitter "Troll"

Post by Guest 03.10.14 7:05

Also... the photos of her with the drop down top on... when were they taken? She's wearing different clothes. Were they spying on her?

Were they taken without her knowledge?

They are not from the Brunt confrontation.

How did they "track her down"?
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Martin Brunt Confronts Twitter "Troll" - Page 4 Empty Re: Martin Brunt Confronts Twitter "Troll"

Post by Guest 03.10.14 7:15

Daily Mail - Three of these tweets (the worst ones) are not hers.

Martin Brunt Confronts Twitter "Troll" - Page 4 1412202951221_wps_23_TWEETS_latest_jpg

The other names are redacted.

Why? Why not out them as well?

I been re-watching the Brunt video.

He never asked her her name.

She wasn't in the least surprised that he asked about the McCanns.

There is more here, I think she was contacted/harrassed before Brunt turned up to do his bit for TV.

I wonder what the full story is and will Brenda tell?
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Martin Brunt Confronts Twitter "Troll" - Page 4 Empty Sweepyface...

Post by missbeetle 03.10.14 7:23

What a very strange episode.

I looked up what a 'sweepyface' was - it sounded like an insult -

- and I wondered was the name anything to do with Sooty and Sweep.

I found this :
                 Martin Brunt Confronts Twitter "Troll" - Page 4 %3Ca%20href=Martin Brunt Confronts Twitter "Troll" - Page 4 Sw_zps8401b821
I'm not at all convinced this lady is quite the dastardly troll Martin Brunt would have us believe she is.

She even has a Facebook page under the name Brenda Leyland - though how real that is, I don't know.

Tigger - I did laugh at your comment a while back about being suspicious of those who spell their name with a 'y'.

I've known a couple of female Robyns in my time, but Ms Summers is the first Robbyn I've come across...

missbeetle

Activity : 1093

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 03.10.14 7:27

It could be argued that.. "Q: How long must the McCann's suffer? A: For the rest of their miserable lives" is a statement of truth.

Surely their lives are miserable?

What are the "legal reasons" for not showing the names of the other tweeters whilst splattering Sweepyface's real name and address all over the MSM?

I don't know how they can do this.

I hope Brenda bites back.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 03.10.14 7:29

missbeetle wrote:She even has a Facebook page under the name Brenda Leyland - though how real that is, I don't know.
She is a very real person.

She looks OK actually, I hope she can tell the real story of what has been going on.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by NickE 03.10.14 7:31

BlueBag wrote:I'm still interested in the way Brunt could track down an anonymous Twitter account.

Obviously Brunt didn't, but how did the organ grinder do it?

And was it legal?
This happened here in Sweden earlier this year. 
A newspaper hired a group called the "Research Group",a left-wing group who´s mapping people online who post anonymous comments on the Internet about immigration to the country. 
As in this case these people are called "Trolls" and "Haters" 
Example how Resarchgruppen works: 
If "Sweepyface" used "Sweepyface" on other sites and forums, she may have provided an email address that can be traced, for example, an email address, she may have used in contact with the authorities. 
This group also hacked "Disqus" which is a service to comment on Internet sites and got the e-mail addresses. 
Then they puzzle together these pieces and give / sell the information to the media. 
Just a few months ago, it was a TV program called "The Troll Hunters" where a TV team went home to people with a camera and "revealed" them. 
An exposed person took legal action against a newspaper, but the judge put down the case directly.

NickE

Activity : 2151

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 03.10.14 7:33

I can't see how she could have been "tracked down" legally.

I KNOW people can be traced, but it's not easy and is illegal unless you're the Police or GCHQ.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Martin Brunt Confronts Twitter "Troll" - Page 4 Empty Gerry on Today, Radio 4

Post by Guest 03.10.14 7:38

Gerry talking to John Humphries on "Today" at the moment.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 03.10.14 7:41

Ladyinred wrote:Gerry talking to John Humphries on "Today" at the moment.

About "haters" I presume?
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Tony Bennett 03.10.14 7:48

Ladyinred wrote:Gerry talking to John Humphreys [sp] on "Today" at the moment.
Yes, 9-minute whine by Gerry about how Leveson hasn't been fully implemented and how beastly the trolls are - and now they 'must be charged and brought to court' - Humphreys at least tackled some of Gerry McCann's more extreme statements about the new press regulator.

Gerry was again worried about what the twins would get to read about them.

It can be heard again of course on 'Listen Again'/BBC iPlayer - BBC Radio 4 -'Today' - starts at about 7.36am

Dr Martin Roberts: "The evidence is that these are the pjyamas Madeleine wore on holiday in Praia da Luz. They were photographed and the photo handed to a press agency, who released it on 8 May, as the search for Madeleine continued. The McCanns held up these same pyjamas at two press conferences on 5 & 7June 2007. How could Madeleine have been abducted?"

Amelie McCann (aged 2): "Maddie's jammies!".  

Tony Bennett
Tony Bennett
Researcher

Activity : 24770

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 03.10.14 7:49

BlueBag wrote:

Yep, the usual, irresponsible press blah, blah blah.  He hasn't read the tweets!  I'll listen again later, but I'm pretty certain I did not hear the name of their daughter, Madeleine, being mentioned in this interview.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 03.10.14 7:54

Tony Bennett wrote:
Ladyinred wrote:Gerry talking to John Humphreys [sp] on "Today" at the moment.
Yes, 9-minute whine by Gerry about how Leveson hasn't been fully implemented and how beastly the trolls are - and now they 'must be charged and brought to court' - Humphreys at least tackled some of Gerry McCann's more extreme statements about the new press regulator.

Gerry was again worried about what the twins would get to read about them.

It can be heard again of course on 'Listen Again'/BBC iPlayer - BBC Radio 4 -'Today' - starts at about 7.36am

Tony - did I hear correctly that JH suggested to Gerry the article was damaging not only to the parents but to THE FUND?
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by canada12 03.10.14 7:56

Ladyinred wrote:
BlueBag wrote:

Yep, the usual, irresponsible press blah, blah blah.  He hasn't read the tweets!  I'll listen again later, but I'm pretty certain I did not hear the name of their daughter, Madeleine, being mentioned in this interview.

Isn't it interesting that never once do Kate and Gerry worry about what Madeleine might think of everything that's been said. Another own goal - proof that she doesn't figure into their thoughts at all. Madeleine is in the past. IMO.
canada12

Activity : 1698

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 03.10.14 7:57

BlueBag wrote:It could be argued that.. "Q: How long must the McCann's suffer? A: For the rest of their miserable lives" is a statement of truth.

Surely their lives are miserable?

What are the "legal reasons" for not showing the names of the other tweeters whilst splattering Sweepyface's real name and address all over the MSM?

I don't know how they can do this.

I hope Brenda bites back.

I think the whole point here is that sweepyface fits the profile of - and could have been - any one of us.

This is part of the whitewash, in it's final stages, for sure, in my opinion.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Martin Brunt Confronts Twitter "Troll" - Page 4 Empty Guardian comments

Post by The....truth 03.10.14 8:00

the Guardian has just closed comments on Mccann article following a perceptive and
reasonable question. "Ws this an out of court settlement" concerning Sunday Times

The article itself fails to dispel the feeling that there was indeed a trial.
The....truth

Activity : 92

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 03.10.14 8:05

There's an awful lot of media management going on.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Smokeandmirrors 03.10.14 8:08

The curious thing about the latest incident is this - if the McCanns are frightened of the things the twins might read, then it makes no sense whatsoever to keep on going on TV, taking actions against newspapers and the like, as it always causes additional people to look deeper into the case, read the PJ files and come to their own conclusions. It fans the flame as it were, and should there be a court case against any "vile troll" there is the additional problem of finding a suitable jury who are untainted by opinion. It also would give a defendant the opportunity to publicly voice serious questions and discrepancies in the case, again bringing forward more public opinion and discussion.

The press also, having collectively paid out quite a sum of money, AND being constantly criticised by the McCanns are no friends of theirs by now. As the payouts are peanuts in the bigger scheme of things, it will not be too much of a deterrent to them - if the press are willing to go through this criticism and litigation from time to time, I would suggest that news editors have an agenda of their own where this case is concerned, possibly exceeding mere sales of papers. I would wager that the press hold some information as to WHY the government are prepared to spend about £10,000,000 looking into one solitary incident when cuts are being made across the board in areas that are far more important than one missing person. There has to be a reason for this, it simply MUST tie into something involving persons more important than the McCanns who are very banal in any meaningful sense.

Even supporters of the McCanns must be somewhat curious as to the level of investment in this case, it simply is not normal or justified unless the bigger picture is political dynamite.

Activity : 2685

Back to top Go down

Post by nglfi 03.10.14 8:15

I think what we're seeing here is just petty revenge for the failure of S&S book. It never even made it to serialisation in the Sun, since nobody is interested in the same old rubbish copy and pasted into a new package.  No doubt Sky were hoping to capitalise on it as well, perhaps even spent money on it and were going to have special reports on it etc. If their only recourse to retaliation is attacking private individuals then they are up s##t creek in my opinion.  I'm on a twitter a bit, I'd never even heard of sweepyface until this.  She certainly isn't one of the most abusive 'antis'. I think she was picked either because Brunt was handed her details, or he went through a range of identities and hers was the easiest to match with a real person,  or of allvthe identities they found she seemed the safest (ie no council estate, not likely to attack). Her lack of surprise at the camera could be because they were waiting outside her house and she had already seen them. I don't think it's a set up.  It's just more gutter journalism.

Interestingly though,  there was a report on it yesterday at about 5.30 on Sky news, and once again it came off badly for the McCanns. They didn't show footage of sweepyface,  just described  what happened and then went into the response to it on twitter.  The repeated and had up on the screen 4 tweets, 3 of which calmy and politely questioned the McCann version of events, and suggested at the very least they were responsible for her death by leaving her alone. The last tweet just said people should mind their own business m I thought it was a very odd selection of tweets for a channel that is supposed to be pro McCann. They then went on to talk about freedom of speech and how there's a difference between voicing your opinion and being offensive!  Very odd IMO.
nglfi

Activity : 866

Back to top Go down

Martin Brunt Confronts Twitter "Troll" - Page 4 Empty Sweepyface...

Post by missbeetle 03.10.14 8:32

BlueBag wrote:
missbeetle wrote:She even has a Facebook page under the name Brenda Leyland - though how real that is, I don't know.
She is a very real person.

She looks OK actually, I hope she can tell the real story of what has been going on.

Mrs Leyland has some odd tastes in Facebook 'Likes' for a churchgoing 63 year old Leicester lady.

The Minhan ul Qaran Youth League, Stot Bollerne - Stop Testikal Kraeft (it's in Danish)...

...and the Honolulu Volvo Dealership (who have just won a trophy for patriotism).

missbeetle

Activity : 1093

Back to top Go down

Post by aiyoyo 03.10.14 8:38

tigger wrote:Perhaps someone can find the  original Brunt murder/Madeleine tweet.

It was copied on a topic here or it was a screenshot. Iirc around the first time SY went to Portugal, June 2013.

Found this:

twitpic.com/crdgq9 - #Brunt #McCann murder tweet was up there for at least half an hour (& 25 RTs) before deleted
5:42pm - 16 Jun 13

It's from:

https://jillhavern.forumotion.net/t7062p40-latest-on-sy-review-19-may-mail-on-sunday-maddie-uk-cleaners-are-suspects

candyfloss wrote:
Oh dear Martin Brunt has just tweeted this.......

martinbrunt‏@skymartinbrunt18m

#mccann Scot Yard says it has identified "more than a handful" of suspects for murder of Madeleine McCann in its review of Portuguese case
TOO LATE BRUNTY, SCREENSHOT SAVED, in case G&K want me to go to court and testify against you.

Oh dear, what a slip up?

Are the litigacious McCanns going to sue him?
aiyoyo
aiyoyo

Activity : 10084

Back to top Go down

Post by jozi 03.10.14 8:39

XTC wrote:
BlueBag wrote:
TMH wrote:
BlueBag wrote:
When Sky News' Martin Brunt tracked Mrs Leyland down to her house in the idyllic Leicestershire village of Burton Overy and confronted her....

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2777145/Police-probe-trolls-sending-hate-messages-McCanns-Detectives-investigate-given-dossier-catalogues-remarks-including-death-threats.html

How did Brunt "track her down"?

I'm curious.
I read on Twitter that pros tracked her down a while ago and posted her details over the net

Nope.

"Brenda Leyland" and "Sweepyface" only comes up with todays news.

So what has been going on here?
As far as I'm aware tracking an individual IP address is virtually impossible unless authorised by the police.

Anyway we are further into this media pantomime of fake caring  with the magnificent farce of media journalists ' confronting haters'

So Brunty has donned the mantle of Matt Albright and his erstwhile hero Roger Cook and now spends Sky News' expenses looking for haters.

If he has eyes in his head and and half a brain there are a lot worse things on t'internet such as beheadings ( very hateful ) grainy black and white US military pictures of ISIS ' barbarians' being blown to smithereens ( really hateful) and Teresa May staggering across the stage at the Tory Paty Conference in alligator shoes ( fake of course).

The mainstream media only has itself to blame as it's packed full of PR men and women who emote rather than report. If you try to elicit a response  then by Jimminy you're going to get one.

Put simply for Brunty and his acolytes if you give it out expect to get some back. You all are not the fonts of wisdom and all truth and belive it or not a lot of people don't like you, trust you or believe you.

In this case no amount of chasing alleged haters around the streets and houses of the UK is going to save the S&S's book dying on its arse.

All the mainstream journalists should have done their homework a long long time ago and read the PJ Report and the AG's Final Summary.

All the legalities are there. There are no assumptions and the case could have ben kept open. It wasn't and the investigations since have gone round in circles attempting to chase ghostlike abductors. Nothing has been added that serves to get anyone nearer to finding Madeleine.

If Brunty and his mates think that we think that the media types care about finding Madeleine they are seriously mistaken.

Perhaps he ought to stay in more and read what's the internet.

There really is more to the world than just the mystery of a missing child.
Very good post ....I do so agree with you. goodpost
jozi
jozi

Activity : 733

Back to top Go down

Post by jozi 03.10.14 8:58

Bishop Brennan wrote:
Brian Griffin wrote:
Lance De Boils wrote:My initial thought is that it's designed to instil fear in everyone who posts about the case - with the aim of people backing away from sites such as this.
Bingo!

And they're pissed off that the new book ploy didn't pan out, partly because it's crap and partly because there are people on sites like this willing to point out that it's crap. I suspect the 'anti' faction is growing and the 'pro' faction is starting to run out of ammo, so it's time for the nukes!

The book was shot down before it even managed to take off. I bet they weren't expecting that.

In my opinion.

I would also vote for this explanation.  This is part of the coordinated attempt to shut down / discredit anyone who speaks against the McCanns.  A high-profile, particularly nasty "troll" is paraded to the crowds so that the crowd will assume that ALL who speak against them are the same.

It is no coincidence that the following 3 things have happened simultaneously:

1. Release of the Summers book
2. High-profile outing of the "vicious troll"
3. Winning of the libel action against the Sunday Times  

The Summers book was designed to be the public Closing Report - and as predicted it clears the McCanns, discredits the dogs and makes fun of the "haters".   The Times have had to settle based on a technicality and are now being reported as "irresponsible" haters.   And the "troll" is outed to publicly ridicule anyone who speaks against the McCanns. This particular woman was chosen specifically because she can be their pantomime villain in the red-tops.

It's important to remember the goal of the whitewash - it is to put on public record (official news media / books / SY) the complete innocence of the McCanns and replace the guilt suggested by the PJ with a new SY narrative: a shadowy (but never identified or caught) burglar(s) abducted and killed Maddie.  

ALL activities during the End-Game are designed with this in mind.  Scaring off other dissenters is a small bonus, but discrediting existing ones is the number one objective.  It is likely to continue or even increase.  
agreed Another brilliant post .
jozi
jozi

Activity : 733

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 03.10.14 9:14

Brenda posted about the McCanns on Facebook under her real name.

https://www.facebook.com/andrew.g.doe/posts/10153328825475510

She comes across as measured and reasoned.

I think SKY should provide examples of her "VILE" posts and not surround hers with ones that obviously are questionable.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Tony Bennett 03.10.14 9:18

Bishop Brennan wrote:
This is part of the coordinated attempt to shut down / discredit anyone who speaks against the McCanns.  A high-profile, particularly nasty "troll" is paraded to the crowds so that the crowd will assume that ALL who speak against them are the same.

It is no coincidence that the following 3 things have happened simultaneously:

1. Release of the Summers book
2. High-profile outing of the "vicious troll"
3. Winning of the libel action against the Sunday Times

But not forgetting...

4. Recent David Cameron speech to the U.N. about cotrolliing 'extremists'

AND

5. McCanns and DCI Redwood featured on Crimewatch 30-year celebrations   

AND

6. Theresa May speech to the Conservative Party conference last wek about 'controling haters who are not actually breaking the law'.

But on the other hand, views of Richard D. Hall's marathon 4.5-hour film 'The True Story of Madeleine McCann' surged yesterday, with over 94,000 views in total so far on YouTube and another 70,000 on his website www.madeleinedocumentary.com according to blip TV PLUS sales and views of his DVDs - the numbers of views are already headed towards the quarter of a million mark

Dr Martin Roberts: "The evidence is that these are the pjyamas Madeleine wore on holiday in Praia da Luz. They were photographed and the photo handed to a press agency, who released it on 8 May, as the search for Madeleine continued. The McCanns held up these same pyjamas at two press conferences on 5 & 7June 2007. How could Madeleine have been abducted?"

Amelie McCann (aged 2): "Maddie's jammies!".  

Tony Bennett
Tony Bennett
Researcher

Activity : 24770

Back to top Go down

Post by pauloptix 03.10.14 9:25

she also featured at the end of Petermacs post here:

https://jillhavern.forumotion.net/t8300p360-why-the-re-opening-signifies-the-beginning-of-the-end-thread-of-hope

She's unlikely to be anything but genuine in my opinion.
pauloptix

Activity : 35

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 22 ... 40  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top