The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

Breaking News on Sky News - SY back in PDL suspects to be interviewed - Page 5 Mm11

Breaking News on Sky News - SY back in PDL suspects to be interviewed - Page 5 Regist10
The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

Breaking News on Sky News - SY back in PDL suspects to be interviewed - Page 5 Mm11

Breaking News on Sky News - SY back in PDL suspects to be interviewed - Page 5 Regist10

Breaking News on Sky News - SY back in PDL suspects to be interviewed

Page 5 of 22 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 13 ... 22  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Breaking News on Sky News - SY back in PDL suspects to be interviewed - Page 5 Empty Re: Breaking News on Sky News - SY back in PDL suspects to be interviewed

Post by whatliesbehindthesofa 04.07.14 17:31

jeanmonroe wrote:
Me neither!

As NOBODY from the Smith 'family' 'saw' the man's FACE, the portrayed FACES, on the posters, must have come from SOMEWHERE.

WHERE did the full frontal facial 'image/s'  on the posters, come from?

That's all i'm asking.

Martin Smith said in his statement:

"Regarding the description of the individual who carried the child he states that: he was Caucasian, around 175 to 180m in height. He appeared to be about 35/40 years old. He had an average build, a bit on the thin side. His hair was short, in a basic male cut, brown in colour. He cannot state if it was dark or lighter in tone. He did not wear glasses and had no beard or moustache. He did not notice any other relevant details partly due to the fact that the lighting was not very good."

So he did see Smithman's face, but it was dark; however, he was able to describe his hairstyle and gave several details which clearly point to him having seen the man's face.

Aoife Smith said:

"(1) the individual was male, Caucasian, light-skinned, between 20/30 years of age, of normal physical build, around 1,70/1,75 metres in height. At the time she saw his face but now cannot remember it. She thinks that he had a clean-shaven face. She does not remember seeing tattoos, scars or earrings. She did not notice his ears. His hair was thick-ish, light brown in colour, short at the back (normal) and a bit longer on the top."

She actually stated that she saw his face, but that she couldn't remember it at the time of the statement.

I am of the opinion that the reason that Martin Smith and his daughter claimed that they couldn't remember his face, and that they wouldn't even recognise him from a photograph, is that they already had a good idea who it was that they saw but didn't want to say for various reasons.  I'll state clearly that this is just a hunch I have, not based on evidence.

It simply isn't true that nobody saw Smithman's face.
whatliesbehindthesofa

Activity : 1327

Back to top Go down

Breaking News on Sky News - SY back in PDL suspects to be interviewed - Page 5 Empty Re: Breaking News on Sky News - SY back in PDL suspects to be interviewed

Post by Bishop Brennan 04.07.14 17:32

nobodythereeither wrote:

Please can't admin keep a check on Tony and his conspiracy theory mates?

I've news for you, we are ALL conspiracy theorists on here!   big grin    Just read any newspaper in the UK.   Even the Met agrees - any theory involving the parents is by (their) definition a Conspiracy Theory.  

Here's a classic example:  

"Conspiracy theorists believe that it’s only a matter of time before the McCanns are held culpable for their daughter’s disappearance."

Full article here:   http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/madeleine-mccann-search-digs-up-3659944

Rejoice in being one of the club!   big grin
Bishop Brennan
Bishop Brennan

Activity : 920

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 04.07.14 17:36

Bishop Brennan wrote:
nobodythereeither wrote:

I've news for you, we are ALL conspiracy theorists on here!   big grin    Just read any newspaper in the UK.   Even the Met agrees - any theory involving the parents is by (their) definition a Conspiracy Theory.  

"Conspiracy theorists believe that it’s only a matter of time before the McCanns are held culpable for their daughter’s disappearance."

Full article here:   http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/madeleine-mccann-search-digs-up-3659944

Wasn't the Watergate affair a conspiracy theory?
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Cristobell 04.07.14 17:37

whatliesbehindthesofa wrote:
jeanmonroe wrote:
Me neither!

As NOBODY from the Smith 'family' 'saw' the man's FACE, the portrayed FACES, on the posters, must have come from SOMEWHERE.

That's all i'm asking.

Well, your point is similar to one of those perpetuated by Tony, the 'fact' that nobody saw Smithman's face.

"Regarding the description of the individual who carried the child he states that: he was Caucasian, around 175 to 180m in height. He appeared to be about 35/40 years old. He had an average build, a bit on the thin side. His hair was short, in a basic male cut, brown in colour. He cannot state if it was dark or lighter in tone. He did not wear glasses and had no beard or moustache. He did not notice any other relevant details partly due to the fact that the lighting was not very good."

So he did see Smithman's face, but it was dark; however, he was able to describe his hairstyle and gave several details which clearly point to him having seen the man's face.

Aoife Smith said:

"(1) the individual was male, Caucasian, light-skinned, between 20/30 years of age, of normal physical build, around 1,70/1,75 metres in height. At the time she saw his face but now cannot remember it. She thinks that he had a clean-shaven face. She does not remember seeing tattoos, scars or earrings. She did not notice his ears. His hair was thick-ish, light brown in colour, short at the back (normal) and a bit longer on the top."

She actually stated that she saw his face, but that she couldn't remember it at the time of the statement.

I am of the opinion that the reason that Martin Smith and his daughter claimed that they couldn't remember his face, and that they wouldn't even recognise him from a photograph, is that they already had a good idea who it was that they saw but didn't want to say for various reasons.  I'll state clearly that this is just a hunch I have, not based on evidence.

However, it simply isn't true that nobody saw Smithman's face.
I think this too WLBTS.  It must have been very daunting for the family to contact the police, with the media circus that had grown out of the disappearance.
Cristobell

Activity : 2552

Back to top Go down

Post by lj 04.07.14 17:38

Bishop Brennan wrote:
endgame wrote:
... The idea that in any murder or missing person inquiry the police start by ignoring the evidence that exists, brainstorm all sorts of hypotheses based on no evidence at all and then decide that they need to explore all those hypotheses for several years before they might actually get round to looking at the evidence is utterly bizarre. The fact that there are many posters on this forum who genuinely believe that this is how the police do operate and that AR is pursuing possibly the most sophisticated operation ever undertaken by the Met Police is something I find difficult to come to terms with and which the whole of the Portuguese media, ex Home Secretary Rui Pereira and Goncalo Amaral find completely laughable.

The alternative is just so awful to contemplate though.  It would suggest a level of cover-up or incompetence that is unheard of here in the UK.   Apart from Hillsborough of course.  Oh and Plebgate.   The Lawrence case, yup.   Oh and Elm House.  And the 40-year Saville case.  Did I mention Cyril Smith?  Luckily there is no hint of cover-up in this latest Leon Britten saga.   So how can you imply there is in the Maddie case.   Outrageous!   big grin
 lol

http://pjga.blogspot.co.uk/?m=0

http://whatreallyhappenedtomadeleinemccann.blogspot.co.uk/
lj
lj

Activity : 3590

Back to top Go down

Post by nobodythereeither 04.07.14 17:39

Bishop Brennan wrote:
nobodythereeither wrote:

Where exactly does it say in that article by Kay Burley that the Met says that any theory involving the parents is a conspiracy theory?

And even if it had done, unless it is from a video of a Met spokesman or an official Met press release or statement, then I wouldn't believe anything I read in the press or see on the television.

This kind of misinformation being spread on here is really unhelpful.

And admin has just asked people to get back on topic.

nobodythereeither

Activity : 273

Back to top Go down

Post by plebgate 04.07.14 17:48

jeanmonroe wrote:
Me neither!

That's all i'm asking.

Aoife Smith said:

It simply isn't true that nobody saw Smithman's face.
So they saw his face but couldn't remember anything about it, except he was clean shaven and did not wear glasses.   Your point is?   Mine is, well they might just as well not have seen his face as they cannot give an accurate description of it.
plebgate

Activity : 8938

Back to top Go down

Back to top Go down

Post by plebgate 04.07.14 17:50

nobodythereeither wrote:
Bishop Brennan wrote:
nobodythereeither wrote:

Where exactly does it say in that article by Kay Burley that the Met says that any theory involving the parents is a conspiracy theory?

And even if it had done, unless it is from a video of a Met spokesman or an official Met press release or statement, then I wouldn't believe anything I read in the press or see on the television.

This kind of misinformation being spread on here is really unhelpful.

And admin has just asked people to get back on topic.
The thread was on topic until the usual suspects decided to jump in and (imo) have  a go yet again at Tony.
plebgate

Back to top Go down

Post by plebgate 04.07.14 17:53

elasticandy wrote:
TheTruthWillOut wrote:The Telegraph article is from August 2008.......

This 'shop' that SY want to search, could it be LUZDOC? The 24hr doctors, I guess. Right near the Smith sighting.
always been in my mind - doctors have oath of confidentiality - who knows who the mccanns knew at the practice IMO - makes an interesting hypothesis
If a child needed urgent medical attention and it was subsequently reported that the same child had been abudcted and this had been reported by her parents,  doctors would be obliged to contact the police and let them know.  

Medical confidentiality about a pateint is completely different to withholding information from the police  about a serious crime that has been committed.

edited lst line as was not clear originally.
plebgate

Back to top Go down

Post by Iamtheseeker 04.07.14 17:56

mccanns:shrk:the law           big grin
Iamtheseeker

Activity : 93

Back to top Go down

Post by plebgate 04.07.14 18:00

jeanmonroe wrote:
Actually it dosen't 'matter' WHO was putting up the 'posters, as the two 'faces' shown, were not 'real' people but were from computer generated/ e-fit artists  'input/imagination'

NOBODY, afaik,  'saw' these 'made up/invented  'face/s' of this/these 'suspect/suspects'

ISTBC.

It does matter when it's being put forward as part of an argument to show that SY are just there as a public relations exercise, when the people in the photo are nothing to do with the police.  It does matter that people get their facts correct.
You only got the facts right after somone posted that the info. was on Nigel M's site.    Easy isn't it when someone else has done the foot work.
plebgate

Back to top Go down

Post by orangeperson 04.07.14 18:01

nobodythereeither wrote:
Tony Bennett wrote:
Carrry On Doctor wrote:
Please elaborate FrankS
FrankS has been on this forum before, making very strange utterances. I think that his 100-plus posts so far in under 5 days is an all-time record for the forum. He must have had a very good reason for joining so enthusiastically. To coin a topical phrase: 'Can anyone tell what it is yet?'

As soon as anybody posts on this forum who actually seems to have normal common sense about this case, Tony (and a few others) immediately leap on them accusing them of being God knows what.

We've already lost some really good posters, including Russian Doll.

Please can't admin keep a check on Tony and his conspiracy theory mates? Because this forum is in danger of losing what little credibility it has left, in my opinion.

By all means state your opinion on the case itself, Tony, but please lay off making all sorts of wild accusations about other posters.

And now, let me predict - Tony and/or his mates will leap in and accuse me of being in cahoots with FrankS. Psychic or what?
great post
orangeperson

Activity : 1

Back to top Go down

Post by Bishop Brennan 04.07.14 18:04

What will SY do next I wonder? The dig is done, the 4 Arguidos and 11 witnesses seen and interviewed. The OG team are packing their bags and heading home. To do what? These were presumably the imminent arrests that BHH told us about on live radio? Certainly AR's hottest leads - the product of 3 years of meticulous analysis by 38 officers, and the hundreds of calls from CW viewers.

What now? Is Smellyman now the lone suspect? Is the hunt now on for him? Are the 4 Arguidos to be seen as innocent, or to be whispered about but never charged? Will we start having some new 'sightings'? OG has now come to a major crossroads - it will be fascinating to see which path they take.

Bishop Brennan
Bishop Brennan

Activity : 920

Back to top Go down

Post by Ochosi 04.07.14 18:07

Did someone on this thread somewhere/some thread somewhere that some Met have gone back already, but Redwood is still there and didn't respond re how long for?
i.e re what next? 
No idea, is a bit of a guessing game.
Ochosi

Activity : 82

Back to top Go down

Post by Baldrick 04.07.14 18:08

Bishop Brennan wrote:What will SY do next I wonder?   The dig is done, the 4 Arguidos and 11 witnesses seen and interviewed.   The OG team are packing their bags and heading home.  To do what?    These were presumably the imminent arrests that BHH told us about on live radio?  Certainly AR's hottest leads - the product of 3 years of meticulous analysis by 38 officers, and the hundreds of calls from CW viewers.  

What now?  Is Smellyman now the lone suspect?  Is the hunt now on for him?   Are the 4 Arguidos to be seen as innocent, or to be whispered about but never charged?  Will we start having some new 'sightings'?     OG has now come to a major crossroads - it will be fascinating to see which path they take.  

Yes hopefully something will give some clue soon as to where things are heading.
Baldrick

Activity : 56

Back to top Go down

Post by lj 04.07.14 18:09

ChippyM wrote:
jozi wrote:
MRNOODLES wrote:
Justformaddie wrote:What shop

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/news/world/police-cctv-file-photos-is-this-madeleine-maddie-mccann/story-e6frev00-1111117121454?nk=f3ac204a496465aade854e11e5b1672f

It can't be the same lead, surely.  What would be the point of cadaver dogs?
This is a article is old and I think this is when Kate was whisked back to the Police Station to see if she could identify the child in the cctv clip and all she did was complain the Police drove too fast !!!

It has been reported in todays Mirror as a current line of enquiry though.
Anything that leads away from the parents.

http://pjga.blogspot.co.uk/?m=0

http://whatreallyhappenedtomadeleinemccann.blogspot.co.uk/
lj
lj

Activity : 3590

Back to top Go down

Post by Baldrick 04.07.14 18:12

lj wrote:
ChippyM wrote:
jozi wrote:
MRNOODLES wrote:
Justformaddie wrote:What shop

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/news/world/police-cctv-file-photos-is-this-madeleine-maddie-mccann/story-e6frev00-1111117121454?nk=f3ac204a496465aade854e11e5b1672f

It can't be the same lead, surely.  What would be the point of cadaver dogs?
This is a article is old and I think this is when Kate was whisked back to the Police Station to see if she could identify the child in the cctv clip and all she did was complain the Police drove too fast !!!

It has been reported in todays Mirror as a current line of enquiry though.
Anything that leads away from the parents.

I see you have faith.
Baldrick

Back to top Go down

Post by stargazer59 04.07.14 18:16

Ochosi wrote:Did someone on this thread somewhere/some thread somewhere that some Met have gone back already, but Redwood is still there and didn't respond re how long for?
i.e re what next? 
The Mirror is saying a dozen Met officers are still in Portugal as are the dogs
stargazer59

Activity : 62

Back to top Go down

Post by plebgate 04.07.14 18:19

Roll on Tuesday I say.  We might actually get some decent reporting from members of the public who attend the libel hearing as opposed to the usual tripe turned out by most media outlets.
plebgate

Back to top Go down

Post by Baldrick 04.07.14 18:20

stargazer59 wrote:
Ochosi wrote:Did someone on this thread somewhere/some thread somewhere that some Met have gone back already, but Redwood is still there and didn't respond re how long for?
i.e re what next? 
The Mirror is saying a dozen Met officers are still in Portugal as are the dogs

Waiting for Mr & Mrs next week  pray2
Baldrick

Back to top Go down

Post by View-from-Ireland 04.07.14 18:20

Tony replied comprehensively to the points i raised this morning. 

We will have to agree to disagree and respect each other's opinions. I guess the fundamental difference is that I elan towards believing the Smith's were genuine with the info I brought forward you repeatedly remind us that you have zero trust in what they claim which makes any agreement between us on those five points from earlier impossible.

But can I add that just because somebody is a new member shouldn't invalidate their views. I have been reading this board for 18 months and rarely post because others are much more knowledgeable. Frank has made a lot of posts in a short time but I hope this isn't being used to discredit what he says or new members will never feel they can join and contribute.

View-from-Ireland

Activity : 149

Back to top Go down

Post by Ochosi 04.07.14 18:21

Thanks stargazer59. 
Now the quandary is - is The Mirror reporting accurately? If it is, what could this mean? If it isn't, what could this mean?  smilie
Ochosi

Activity : 82

Back to top Go down

Post by stargazer59 04.07.14 18:29

Ochosi wrote:Thanks stargazer59. 
Now the quandary is - is The Mirror reporting accurately? If it is, what could this mean? If it isn't, what could this mean?  smilie
I agree, it is a quandary, not sure what it means but it seems to be saying they want to search a commercial building/shop and can only do so if either a judge allows it, which will take time , or the owner agrees  , but it IS the Mirror  winkwink
stargazer59

Activity : 62

Back to top Go down

Post by lufc50337 04.07.14 18:35

stargazer59 wrote:
Ochosi wrote:Thanks stargazer59. 
I agree, it is a quandary, not sure what it means but it seems to be saying they want to search a commercial building/shop and can only do so if either a judge allows it, which will take time , or the owner agrees  , but it IS the Mirror  winkwink
Reading the Mirror article the report only states Commercial premises, if Im reading it correctly the Mirror seem to have made the presumption of a shop
lufc50337

Activity : 330

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 22 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 13 ... 22  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top