The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

Breaking News on Sky News - SY back in PDL suspects to be interviewed - Page 36 Mm11

Breaking News on Sky News - SY back in PDL suspects to be interviewed - Page 36 Regist10
The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

Breaking News on Sky News - SY back in PDL suspects to be interviewed - Page 36 Mm11

Breaking News on Sky News - SY back in PDL suspects to be interviewed - Page 36 Regist10

Breaking News on Sky News - SY back in PDL suspects to be interviewed

Page 36 of 40 Previous  1 ... 19 ... 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Breaking News on Sky News - SY back in PDL suspects to be interviewed - Page 36 Empty Re: Breaking News on Sky News - SY back in PDL suspects to be interviewed

Post by ultimaThule 03.07.14 17:51

Truthandjustice wrote:
I really hope you are right PM because I am frankly appalled at the prospect of another innocent man's life being ruined by being named a suspect.  I cannot believe the ease with which the tapas crew and tanner in particular pointed the finger with certainty at completely different and since eliminated 'suspects'.

Have the current batch of 4 arguidos been eliminated, Tandj?
ultimaThule
ultimaThule

Activity : 3376

Back to top Go down

Breaking News on Sky News - SY back in PDL suspects to be interviewed - Page 36 Empty Re: Breaking News on Sky News - SY back in PDL suspects to be interviewed

Post by NickE 03.07.14 17:51

jeanmonroe wrote:
NickE wrote:SY putting up "Wanted": Gerry McC .....erm.... Smithman!

Breaking News on Sky News - SY back in PDL suspects to be interviewed - Page 36 BroIioICIAAYUjc

WHEN was this?

Because, and i might be wrong, NOBODY 'saw' the FACES of 'suspect/s' the Met seem to be posting on the wall.

They are MADE up 'faces'

Pity they didn't MAKE UP a 'face' that resembles Tony Bliar!

WTF are the 'elite' MET doing?

Putting up FALSE posters of 'faces' that have been generated by a computer/e-fit 'artist'.

Wouldn't like to be a chap who vaguely 'resembles' one of the PRETEND 'faces' the Met are plastering all over PDL would you?

Still, a 'collar's' a 'collar' innit?

Don't matter who's 'collar' it is that gets felt!

Not to mention it might even be illegal to ask people to look for someone to match/fit the 'face' you've MADE UP!

Broadcast yesterday!!
http://cmtv.sapo.pt/atualidade/detalhe/pj-inquire-testemunhas-do-caso-maddie-a-pedido-da-scotland-yard.html
NickE
NickE

Activity : 2151

Back to top Go down

Post by Bishop Brennan 03.07.14 17:51

From the recent translated transcript on Joana Morais' site:

"On Tuesday four men were constituted as arguidos. JN found out that one of the man that has agreed to answer to the more than 200 questions was José Carlos da Silva, the former Ocean Club driver, who was recently diagnosed with a brain tumour. He didn't follow his doctor and his lawyer advice and decided to speak up to refute the accusations.

He is a suspect in the English investigation, along with the other arguidos - a 51 year old man and a young man who was at the time 16 years old, who looked like a “beggar” spotted near the Ocean Club - of having planned to burglarize the apartment where the McCanns were staying. Maddie would have surprised them and be killed for that same reason."

So now we have SY picking on a guy who's maybe not got long to live.  Making his last years a misery and leaving a permanent stain on his character for ever more.   :angryred: 

Meanwhile Kate and Gerry get ready to fly in (all expenses paid) to try and net their share of a cool £1m. That's justice for you!

http://joana-morais.blogspot.com/2014/07/maddie-case-car-of-malinkas-family.html
Bishop Brennan
Bishop Brennan

Activity : 920

Back to top Go down

Post by tiny 03.07.14 17:54

Bishop Brennan wrote:From the recent translated transcript on Joana Morais' site:

"On Tuesday four men were constituted as arguidos. JN found out that one of the man that has agreed to answer to the more than 200 questions was José Carlos da Silva, the former Ocean Club driver, who was recently diagnosed with a brain tumour. He didn't follow his doctor and his lawyer advice and decided to speak up to refute the accusations.

He is a suspect in the English investigation, along with the other arguidos - a 51 year old man and a young man who was at the time 16 years old, who looked like a “beggar” spotted near the Ocean Club - of having planned to burglarize the apartment where the McCanns were staying. Maddie would have surprised them and be killed for that same reason."

So now we have SY picking on a guy who's maybe not got long to live.  Making his last years a misery and leaving a permanent stain on his character for ever more.   :angryred: 

http://joana-morais.blogspot.com/2014/07/maddie-case-car-of-malinkas-family.html

This is sickening,poor man
tiny
tiny

Activity : 2311

Back to top Go down

Post by stillsloppingout 03.07.14 17:57

PeterMac wrote:

Scotland Yard are working on the theory burglars killed Madeleine during a bungled break-in while her parents ate tapas nearby with friends - and then buried her body on waste ground in the resort.
So Today we have had { Roland ] rat in the apartment ,Now Bungle broke in ? . smilie 

Yesterday the new 3 Arguido's Rod ,Jane ,and Freddie . Previously, Zippy  aka [ big gob kate]  pink Hippo George  aka [ Clarrie ]  and of course Geoffrey aka Gerry .
stillsloppingout
stillsloppingout

Activity : 540

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 03.07.14 18:01

I've been away a few days and didn't have access to the internet.

I saw all the newspaper headlines and thought... what!??!! (is this BS)

I then saw the BBC teletext "nothing new uncovered" message late last night and thought.. ah..

I spent all afternoon catching up here on this thread (the alleged JT pictures were momentarily interesting).

The BBC is right (for a change).

What the hell is OG about?

What happened to the JT-alike woman in the van?
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanmonroe 03.07.14 18:01

Varriott wrote:
SchrodingersBody wrote:Or 3) They are genuinely trying between both police forces to resolve the case, but as has been stated, they know if they haul the parents in, they will change the landscape beyond recognition. that change may possibly deny any chance they have of getting a conviction.

Or 4) Regardless of what AR personally believes, he has been instructed to investigate all possible leads.

Actually , DCI Mahogany, has only been 'charged' with ONE 'remit' and that's investigating 'THE abduction' (of Madeleine McCann) (as if it, THE abduction, had 'happened' in the UK) And there is even a £20,000 'reward' on the official MET website, for information, leading to, and arrest of, THE 'ABDUCTORS'

And NOTHING else!

eta: ONLY, repeat ONLY, the parents of the 'missing' child have said 'she (Madeleine) WAS abducted'
jeanmonroe

Activity : 7756

Back to top Go down

Post by Bishop Brennan 03.07.14 18:06

jeanmonroe wrote:
Varriott wrote:
SchrodingersBody wrote:Or 3) They are genuinely trying between both police forces to resolve the case, but as has been stated, they know if they haul the parents in, they will change the landscape beyond recognition. that change may possibly deny any chance they have of getting a conviction.

Or 4) Regardless of what AR personally believes, he has been instructed to investigate all possible leads.

Actually , DCI Mahogany, has only been 'charged' with ONE 'remit' and that's investigating 'THE abduction' (of Madeleine McCann) (as if it, THE abduction, had 'happened' in the UK)

And NOTHING else!

eta: ONLY the parents of the 'missing' child have said 'she (Madeleine) was abducted'

But that same remit also said that he was to "assist the PJ". At no point did it say "start running and prosecuting your own independent investigation". So the original remit is long forgotten, and this case has taken on a life of its own. Personally I'm torn between cover-up and incompetent buffoon, with a growing lean towards the latter. First impressions are important, and when I first saw and heard AR on tv, my heart sank. It's still down there...

Bishop Brennan
Bishop Brennan

Back to top Go down

Post by comperedna 03.07.14 18:06

Jeanmonroe - Other than the fact that Madeleine is missing, do we know if Redwood has ever explained why he, as opposed to her parents, thinks she has been 'abducted'? I agree he has said he is 'looking into the abduction as if it had happened in the UK', but of course that is not true at all. If this had happened in the UK the usual skepticism about parental claims of abduction would be prominent throughout his investigation.
comperedna

Activity : 781

Back to top Go down

Post by Truthandjustice 03.07.14 18:08

ultimaThule wrote:
Truthandjustice wrote:
I really hope you are right PM because I am frankly appalled at the prospect of another innocent man's life being ruined by being named a suspect.  I cannot believe the ease with which the tapas crew and tanner in particular pointed the finger with certainty at completely different and since eliminated 'suspects'.

Have the current batch of 4 arguidos been eliminated, Tandj?
Not as far as I know, I was referring to those in the frame earlier namely Murat (who tapas crew wrongly placed at scene on 3 May and Tanner identified) and the Gypsy guy that Tanner positively identified as the man she saw (during exton investigation).
Truthandjustice

Activity : 240

Back to top Go down

Post by Baldrick 03.07.14 18:12

How many more innocent people are going to be plastered all over the news before we get the truth :puke:
Baldrick

Activity : 56

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 03.07.14 18:25

tasprin wrote:
Benion wrote:I do not think it is a whitewash.

The fact they have arrested Rolf Harris who painted the Queen's portrait, Andy Coulson and Max Clifford shows no-one is above the law.

If they conclude it was not the McCanns, I will accept this.
No, like others, I don't think the recent arrests and convictions show that no-one is above the law. All it shows is just how much covering up went on and probably still does. How many times were Savile and Smith reported to the police in their lifetimes? Nothing was done until they were dead and none of those in the NHS, BBC, SS etc who knew and turned a blind eye, have been prosecuted. 

Andy Coulson is the fall guy for NI. The hacking trial was a display of power and money and was there to make sure Cameron/Murdoch's friends, Rebekah Brooks and her husband, didn't go down. PM Cameron interfered again by inappropriately commenting, as he did with the trial involving Nigella Lawson (daughter of former tory Chancellor Nigel Lawson), and his comments nearly caused a mistrial.

What about all the child abuse scandals, Kincora, North Wales & Elm House etc, involving politicians, none of whom have ever been brought to justice? Now we're told the Westminster paedophile ring dossier has conveniently been 'lost'. We're expected to believe that a report highlighting the abuse of young kids by politicians, and other high profile people, and handed to former tory Home Secretary Leon Brittan, just went 'missing'. Not a chance.

I've no idea whether this investigation is a whitewash or not but if it concludes that the McCanns were not involved, I'll not be ruling out a whitewash on the basis that a few dead or expendable old men were thrown under the bus in order to demonstrate to the public that no-one is above the law.

Still 12 pages behind but simply had to echo this. Absolutely agree.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by endgame 03.07.14 18:27

Bishop Brennan wrote:
jeanmonroe wrote:
Varriott wrote:

Actually , DCI Mahogany, has only been 'charged' with ONE 'remit' and that's investigating 'THE abduction' (of Madeleine McCann) (as if it, THE abduction, had 'happened' in the UK)

And NOTHING else!

eta: ONLY the parents of the 'missing' child have said 'she (Madeleine) was abducted'

But that same remit also said that he was to "assist the PJ".   At no point did it say "start running and prosecuting your own independent investigation".  So the original remit is long forgotten, and this case has taken on a life of its own.   Personally I'm torn between cover-up and incompetent buffoon, with a growing lean towards the latter.  First impressions are important, and when I first saw and heard AR on tv, my heart sank.  It's still down there...    

Yes BB, when I first saw him my immediate reaction was to ask why, given the profile and all the nuances of the case, the requirement for a high level of diplomacy in dealing with the Portuguese,  the skills to deal with a rampant media, the threat to the reputation of the Met of getting it all horribly wrong, the ability to embrace the politics of it all, why have they chosen this unconvincing, robotic, ill at ease, seemingly not very bright cop. My second thought was that he had been deliberately chosen precisely because he wasn't the sharpest knife in the drawer.Nothing he has done since has ever quite removed either of those two thoughts from my mind.
endgame
endgame

Activity : 171

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 03.07.14 18:31

If this is a whitewash I'll still believe the dogs and still tell everyone about the dogs.

As PM said.. whitewash washes off.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Hicks 03.07.14 18:48

Apparently Andy Redwood inspired the writer of the Waking the Dead series. It is based on him.

http://www.birminghammail.co.uk/news/local-news/waking-the-dead-style-expert-called-224209.

I can see that, the robotic stance and unblinking stare probably masks a hot temper.

I am in two minds about him. He is either a brilliant strategist, and has great patience in playing the long game......or he is getting pressure from above to get some kind of conclusion quickly. So maybe just plodding on filling time until his retirement.

Naturally.... I hoping he's a brilliant strategist.

Activity : 1005

Back to top Go down

Post by ultimaThule 03.07.14 19:01

endgame wrote:
Bishop Brennan wrote:
jeanmonroe wrote:
Varriott wrote:

And NOTHING else!

But that same remit also said that he was to "assist the PJ".   At no point did it say "start running and prosecuting your own independent investigation".  So the original remit is long forgotten, and this case has taken on a life of its own.   Personally I'm torn between cover-up and incompetent buffoon, with a growing lean towards the latter.  First impressions are important, and when I first saw and heard AR on tv, my heart sank.  It's still down there...    

Yes BB, when I first saw him my immediate reaction was to ask why, given the profile and all the nuances of the case, the requirement for a high level of diplomacy in dealing with the Portuguese,  the skills to deal with a rampant media, the threat to the reputation of the Met of getting it all horribly wrong, the ability to embrace the politics of it all, why have they chosen this unconvincing, robotic, ill at ease, seemingly not very bright cop. My second thought was that he had been deliberately chosen precisely because he wasn't the sharpest knife in the drawer.Nothing he has done since has ever quite removed either of those two thoughts from my mind.

Considerable advantage can be gained by being regarded as a complete plonker by others, endgame. Guards tend to be let down and pondering sllence during conversations can encourage others to talk to fill the gap, Andy Redwood weighs his words with care and by not putting a foot wrong, I have no doubt he's wrong footed others. If he doesn't play poker, he should as he'd be a sure fire winner..
ultimaThule
ultimaThule

Back to top Go down

Breaking News on Sky News - SY back in PDL suspects to be interviewed - Page 36 Empty A typical end to the day at Operation Grange HQ

Post by BigRon 03.07.14 19:11

DCI Redwood and Constable Ron Seal are packing away their papers for the night.

"So is that it then sir?"

"Hm?"

"No further forward than 7 years ago? Are we shutting up shop with Grange now? No point in throwing good money after bad I s'pose.."

"I think it's been a very worthwhile exercise Constable. No scandals - shows the Met in a good light. Tried to take the spotlight away from Plebgate and this other nasty business with the deleted files in that discrimination case. We'll win that publicity battle yet, lad. Shame we haven't found a single shred of evidence to support any theory of that little girl being abducted. Still had a few trips to the beach, eh Constable?"

"I was thinking about that sir. I was looking up in my copy of 'The Bog Standard Book of Policing' that quite often when children go missing the one responsible is the last one to see them alive or a guardian who's to blame."

"Don't be silly Constable - who's going to abduct their own child?"

"Yes but look at cases like Holly Wells & Jessica Chapman - murdered by Ian Huntley (last person to see them alive); April Jones taken by Mark Bridger (last person to see them alive; Tia Sharp (killed by Stuart Hazell - last person to see her alive). And the list goes on... Do you think we might be missing a trick sir?"

"What are you trying to say Constable? Come on, out with it. I've got a session at the Consol Sun Centre booked in twenty minutes."

"Do you think Maddie's parents could have something to do with it? The original investigation did point the finger at them just a little bit."

"What??! Are you mad? They've been searching for that child for years!"

"Actually sir reading the files neither of them have ever actually done any proper, you know, searching."

"Really? What have they done then?"

"Changed their version of events several times, set up a fund which they have used for their own ends, had cadaver dogs alert on keys and clothing, refused to answer 48 police questions, employed top lawyers to sue anyone who questions their version of events or even publishes extracts from the actual hard evidence of the case. So shouldn't we maybe.. bring the parents in and ask them a few teeny questions?"

"You'll never reach DCI lad - just read the damn brief. Terms of Reference. That's as good as your contract of employment that, lad."

"Sir?"

"Operation Grange is to review the evidence surrounding the abduction of Madeleine McCann. Abduction - which clearly means some stranger walking in and taking her. Don't get going off on tangents about the parents, lad. It's them we're supposed to be helping - give them a bit of solace. Crikey Constable - you'll ruin me chances of a Knighthood. I'm off - now where's me Ambre Solaire??"
BigRon

Activity : 38

Back to top Go down

Post by TellTheTruth 03.07.14 19:16

laughat Excellent BigRon.
TellTheTruth

Activity : 103

Back to top Go down

Post by missmar1 03.07.14 19:17

Bishop Brennan wrote:From the recent translated transcript on Joana Morais' site:

Meanwhile Kate and Gerry get ready to fly in (all expenses paid) to try and net their share of a cool £1m.   That's justice for you!

They were quick to dip into the search fund to pay a couple months mortgage - therefore, it makes you wonder if they have ever since paid for anything to do with their missing daughter out of their own pockets ?      
 It's one thing to take from the fund simply because the rules allow them to, but you would think guilt alone would stop them from dipping in when they could surely well afford the trip to Portugal to tell the judge how their lives have been ruined ?
missmar1

Activity : 253

Back to top Go down

Post by NickE 03.07.14 19:19

Posted by portugalpress on July 03, 2014
Madeleine latest: British police “back to where they were seven years ago”
Breaking News on Sky News - SY back in PDL suspects to be interviewed - Page 36 100807_SU_MADELEINE%20%282%29_0
British police are said to be “near the end” of their latest efforts ongoing in Faro to uncover the truth behind Madeleine McCann’s disappearance. And this end, like all the others, seems to have brought them right back to the beginning. “We’re back to where we were seven years ago,” a police source is quoted by British tabloid the Daily Mirror.
The various “arguidos” (suspects) and witnesses interviewed over the last couple of days have not, apparently, revealed any new evidence - and have certainly not in any way corroborated the Metropolitan Police theory that Madeleine was taken in a botched burglary and then murdered, with her body buried close to the apartment in Praia da Luz from which she disappeared on May 3, 2007.
As commentators point out, it is almost too much to expect that anyone who was involved in the child’s disappearance would have stayed in the area for seven long years. Less likely even that they would have kept hold of any vehicle used to transport a dead body.
But if newspapers are to be believed, the arrival on Tuesday of Welsh sniffer dogs was designed to give the suspects’ cars a thorough sniffing.
SIC TV news carries a short report today showing Met officers walking through the streets of Faro with their packed lunches in plastic bags on Wednesday, and reports that the British diligences took much less time than they had expected. Almost the entire 10-man team was reported to have returned to their hotel, with some officers already said to have returned to UK.
The time allowed for this latest stage of the long-running Met investigation, which has so far spent at least €7 million, runs out tomorrow, and it is understood that a bid to get DNA from all four “arguidos” to match it with hairs found in the McCanns’ holiday apartment has run aground as it did not satisfy the requirements of Portuguese law.
According to the Daily Mirror, Portuguese police “rejected the request because it had not been sanctioned by a judge”.
Judicial issues were highlighted in Portugal’s popular tabloid, Correio da Manhã, today which claimed that the country’s authorities have been “used and abused” by British police.
“From chartered Air Force helicopter flights (to unveil graves dug seven years ago) to the return of the famous sniffer dogs and interrogation of ‘arguidos’ and witnesses… Can this all be justified?” queries university professor Rui Pereira, who adds that it is almost impossible to believe that the British police would do the same for Portuguese counterparts if the situation was reversed.
Pereira concluded that the whole case “shows a large dose of subservience” on the part of Portuguese authorities, with resulting “damage to our penal sovereignty”.
And as the Daily Mirror points out: A Portuguese source close to the investigation has claimed the interviews have produced no new leads.
He added: “We’re back where we were seven years ago.”
By NATASHA DONN news@algarveresident.com
http://portugalresident.com/madeleine-latest-british-police-%E2%80%9Cback-to-where-they-were-seven-years-ago%E2%80%9D#sthash.yg3VMDKT.dpuf
NickE
NickE

Activity : 2151

Back to top Go down

Post by ultimaThule 03.07.14 19:25

TM's major and minor sources are working overtime and I suspect Clarence is back on full salary + hefty bonus per result achieved.
ultimaThule
ultimaThule

Back to top Go down

Breaking News on Sky News - SY back in PDL suspects to be interviewed - Page 36 Empty Operation Grange

Post by BigRon 03.07.14 19:28

I posted that little scene just to demonstrate Goncalo Amaral's point about the true farce that is Operation Grange.

How they can pretend to be police officers with any shred of investigative ability is beyond me. The starting point for Grange (and unfortunately for any similar 'abduction' or missing child case) HAS TO BE the parents.

Post was certainly not intended to make light of what remains a desperately sad situation. But Redwood et al would appear to be a complete bunch of clowns of the highest order.
BigRon

Activity : 38

Back to top Go down

Post by PeterMac 03.07.14 19:39

BigRon wrote:I posted that little scene just to demonstrate Goncalo Amaral's point about the true farce that is Operation Grange.
How they can pretend to be police officers with any shred of investigative ability is beyond me. The starting point for Grange (and unfortunately for any similar 'abduction' or missing child case) HAS TO BE the parents. . . But Redwood et al would appear to be a complete bunch of clowns of the highest order.
OR
Redwood knows knows that the McCanns are protected by the most feared - and expensive - libel lawyers in the WORLD.
He knows knows that they have access to almost unlimited funds to defend them
He knows knows that they are never going to tell the truth, or even to admit anything
He knows knows that Mitchell is lurking under a stone ready to spin anything that is said or not said . . .
He knows knows that somewhere in the back ground may be something he doesn't quite understand
He knows knows that they were given unprecedented assistance
and so on

IF he is ever going to investigate the case properly, he needs to get himself beyond all of this,
and to put himself in a position to "Charge on a denial" as we used to say.
PeterMac
PeterMac
Investigator

Activity : 16578

http://whatreallyhappenedtomadeleinemccann.blogspot.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post by ultimaThule 03.07.14 19:42

If Redwood isn't already in that position, he's in the wrong job, PeterM.
ultimaThule
ultimaThule

Back to top Go down

Post by Bishop Brennan 03.07.14 19:44

BigRon wrote:I posted that little scene just to demonstrate Goncalo Amaral's point about the true farce that is Operation Grange.

How they can pretend to be police officers with any shred of investigative ability is beyond me. The starting point for Grange (and unfortunately for any similar 'abduction' or missing child case) HAS TO BE the parents.

Post was certainly not intended to make light of what remains a desperately sad situation. But Redwood et al would appear to be a complete bunch of clowns of the highest order.

It was a great post BigRon.  All too easy to imagine... and some light relief in these tense days.  

I'm also liking the quote from the Portuguese paper above:

"the arrival on Tuesday of Welsh sniffer dogs was designed to give the suspects’ cars a thorough sniffing."

big grin
Bishop Brennan
Bishop Brennan

Back to top Go down

Page 36 of 40 Previous  1 ... 19 ... 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top