The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

So could this TV reconstruction end the distasteful slurs about Kate and Gerry? - Page 2 Mm11

So could this TV reconstruction end the distasteful slurs about Kate and Gerry? - Page 2 Regist10
The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

So could this TV reconstruction end the distasteful slurs about Kate and Gerry? - Page 2 Mm11

So could this TV reconstruction end the distasteful slurs about Kate and Gerry? - Page 2 Regist10

So could this TV reconstruction end the distasteful slurs about Kate and Gerry?

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

So could this TV reconstruction end the distasteful slurs about Kate and Gerry? - Page 2 Empty Re: So could this TV reconstruction end the distasteful slurs about Kate and Gerry?

Post by ultimaThule 14.10.13 10:22

No Fate Worse Than De'Ath wrote:welcome merryforge.

Yes I'm cautiously optimistic that more journalists are doing their bit to report the case in a way that alerts the readers to the other side of the story without causing anyone at Carter-Ruck to splutter over their coffee.
I very much doubt anyone at Carter Ruck splutters over their java unless, of course, they're personally on the receiving end of unwelcome publicity.

However, I suspect an item or 10 2 of breakfast crockery met with an abrupt end this morning and has been consigned to the Rothley Towers bin big grin 
I'm climbing aboard the welcome wagon too, merryforge welcome2
ultimaThule
ultimaThule

Activity : 3376

Back to top Go down

So could this TV reconstruction end the distasteful slurs about Kate and Gerry? - Page 2 Empty Re: So could this TV reconstruction end the distasteful slurs about Kate and Gerry?

Post by PeterMac 14.10.13 10:25

gbwales wrote:Maybe after so much cowardice and pussyfooting the press are starting to find their feet and are just bit by bit testing the waters with what they can say....?
If they feel sufficiently brave perhaps the wall will break and we'll see a proper 'tidal wave' as KM puts it. Enough to turn Gerry's chinos a much deeper brown.
exactly.
By tomorrow all the press will be able to say, without any threat of come-back from Shhh you know who
that one each, at least, of the stories about the shutters, curtain, windows, in or on the bed, regular checking . . . . and so on
was a LIE.

Gonçalo Amaral will be able to show that their "lack of candour" prevented him from making any decent investigation
TB will be able to trawl back through his bundle of papers and if he can find a single example of a "material inaccuracy" be able to argue that his original prosecution was malicious.

And to act as advocate for the McCanns for a moment -
Why the hell have they done this ?
What are their lawyers thinking of ?   (Apart from money- obviously)
Why have Carter-Ruck not stopped this a long time ago ?
PeterMac
PeterMac
Investigator

Activity : 16578

http://whatreallyhappenedtomadeleinemccann.blogspot.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post by plebgate 14.10.13 10:29

Solicitors will offer advice (and maybe C-R did) but clients are under no obligation to listen.  

I just can't see how any of this is going to benefit Mr. & Mrs. in the Portugese trial - unless the case is solved by 27th November.
plebgate

Activity : 8938

Back to top Go down

Post by AndyB 14.10.13 10:46

What I find strange isn't the content so much as the timing. Why, when there's other stories you could do at the moment that are much more exciting, would you choose the libel trial which isn't on today?
AndyB

Activity : 724

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 14.10.13 10:56

The actor closes the curtains on the inside of the patio doors.

So little Maddie would have found herself in pitch dark, waking up with the twins; then having to find the patio doors; then having to open the heavy curtains so thoughtfully closed, then the grip of the sliding door, open this door (grip higher than she herself), open the safety gate at the top of the stairs, lift both twins from their cots; carry them downstairs; close curtains again, close patio doors again; 

open the gate at the foot of the stairs;

cross the street to the restaurant;
inquire after the whereabouts of her parents;
find parents;
tell them where to find twins

exetera

Instead of which: she simply vanished into thin air
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by nomendelta 14.10.13 11:05

PeterMac wrote:
gbwales wrote:Maybe after so much cowardice and pussyfooting the press are starting to find their feet and are just bit by bit testing the waters with what they can say....?
If they feel sufficiently brave perhaps the wall will break and we'll see a proper 'tidal wave' as KM puts it. Enough to turn Gerry's chinos a much deeper brown.
exactly.
By tomorrow all the press will be able to say, without any threat of come-back from Shhh you know who
that one each, at least, of the stories about the shutters, curtain, windows, in or on the bed, regular checking . . . . and so on
was a LIE.

Gonçalo Amaral will be able to show that their "lack of candour" prevented him from making any decent investigation
TB will be able to trawl back through his bundle of papers and if he can find a single example of a "material inaccuracy" be able to argue that his original prosecution was malicious.

And to act as advocate for the McCanns for a moment -
Why the hell have they done this ?
What are their lawyers thinking of ?   (Apart from money- obviously)
Why have Carter-Ruck not stopped this a long time ago ?
PeterMac you are one poster I respect above all others but I am afraid I don't see things this way. I am convinced the parents (who are interviewed as part of the programme) aren't going to expose themselves to weakening their status in any way. This is going to be a new, unified timeline which somehow makes everything they've said still stand but be slightly tweaked to allow for an abduction.

I think they'll be strengthened tomorrow rather than weakened but I hope otherwise.
nomendelta

Activity : 393

Back to top Go down

Post by Sceptic 14.10.13 11:05

Personally if i have understood redwood correctly that the timeline has changed significantly - that can only mean one thing - the carefully constructed timeline provided by the tapas 9 was a fabrication - if that is so and is broadcast to a global audience - how will the public react
Sceptic

Activity : 311

Back to top Go down

Post by ProfessorPPlum 14.10.13 11:21

I'm confused - am I reading a different article to the rest of you? 

"More disturbingly, evidence given at the hearings by some of Portugal’s most senior policemen peddles that deeply wounding view even today"

This isn't at all balanced, it's Pro-abduction propagand, no matter how often it mentions Amaral's book or theory. 

You all ARE being ironic aren't you in celebrating this piece?
ProfessorPPlum
ProfessorPPlum

Activity : 425

Back to top Go down

Post by PeterMac 14.10.13 11:43

nomendelta wrote:PeterMac you are one poster I respect above all others but I am afraid I don't see things this way. I am convinced the parents (who are interviewed as part of the programme) aren't going to expose themselves to weakening their status in any way. This is going to be a new, unified timeline which somehow makes everything they've said still stand but be slightly tweaked to allow for an abduction.
I think they'll be strengthened tomorrow rather than weakened but I hope otherwise.
Thank you for that.
I just don't see how they are going to "Tweak" Gerry's seeing Madeleine in the recovery position at exactly 9:06, and JT seeing the abductor at 9:11 - ish.
Gerry is surely not going to admit that all three of his statements were false, is he ?
JT has been relied on for 6 years. Can she now suddenly 'remember' that she made it all up ?

It is going to be fascinating to watch. What is interesting is that on the short trailed pieces they have included a load of irrelevant stuff, tennis match that afternoon, arriving at the Tapas bar and so on.
The real nitty gritty will be the bit between Gerry's last sighting and JT's.
PeterMac
PeterMac
Investigator

Activity : 16578

http://whatreallyhappenedtomadeleinemccann.blogspot.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post by PeeWit 14.10.13 11:44

Sceptic wrote:Personally if i have understood redwood correctly that the timeline has changed significantly - that can only mean one thing - the carefully constructed timeline provided by the tapas 9 was a fabrication - if that is so and is broadcast to a global audience - how will the public react
Hi Sceptic
IMO the timeline for the "abduction" will be shifted to 9:35ish. This will leave the Tapas timeline intact.
PeeWit
PeeWit

Activity : 16

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanmonroe 14.10.13 11:52

PeeWit wrote:
Sceptic wrote:Personally if i have understood redwood correctly that the timeline has changed significantly - that can only mean one thing - the carefully constructed timeline provided by the tapas 9 was a fabrication - if that is so and is broadcast to a global audience - how will the public react
Hi Sceptic
IMO the timeline for the "abduction" will be shifted to 9:35ish. This will leave the Tapas timeline intact.
That would mean Wilkins IS a liar!
And whoever wrote the 'timelines' IS lying.
Oh, that can't be right Gerry McCann personally SIGNED one of the 'timelines'
Surely, he is NOT a liar!
jeanmonroe

Activity : 7756

Back to top Go down

Post by PeeWit 14.10.13 11:53

PeterMac wrote:
nomendelta wrote:PeterMac you are one poster I respect above all others but I am afraid I don't see things this way. I am convinced the parents (who are interviewed as part of the programme) aren't going to expose themselves to weakening their status in any way. This is going to be a new, unified timeline which somehow makes everything they've said still stand but be slightly tweaked to allow for an abduction.
Thank you for that.
I just don't see how they are going to "Tweak" Gerry's seeing Madeleine in the recovery position at exactly 9:06, and JT seeing the abductor at 9:11  - ish.
Gerry is surely not going to admit that all three of his statements were false, is he ?
JT has been relied on for 6 years.  Can she now suddenly 'remember' that she made it all up ?

It is going to be fascinating to watch.  What is interesting is that on the short trailed pieces they have included a load of irrelevant stuff, tennis match that afternoon, arriving at the Tapas bar and so on.
Hi PeterMac
I posted on a different thread that IMO the Tanner sighting will be binned and the "A" moved to 9:35ish. Would love to hear your thoughts!
PeeWit
PeeWit

Back to top Go down

Post by PeeWit 14.10.13 11:54

jeanmonroe wrote:
PeeWit wrote:
Hi Sceptic
That would mean Wilkins IS a liar!
How so? He still could have had his chat with GM at 9:10ish
PeeWit
PeeWit

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanmonroe 14.10.13 11:57

PeeWit wrote:
PeterMac wrote:
Thank you for that.
I just don't see how they are going to "Tweak" Gerry's seeing Madeleine in the recovery position at exactly 9:06, and JT seeing the abductor at 9:11  - ish.
JT has been relied on for 6 years.  Can she now suddenly 'remember' that she made it all up ?

It is going to be fascinating to watch.  What is interesting is that on the short trailed pieces they have included a load of irrelevant stuff, tennis match that afternoon, arriving at the Tapas bar and so on.
Hi PeterMac
I posted on a different thread that IMO the Tanner sighting will be binned and the "A" moved to 9:35ish. Would love to hear your thoughts!
Which would mean, BEYOND DOUBT, that GM, JTand JW all LIED in their statements.
jeanmonroe

Back to top Go down

Post by margaret 14.10.13 11:59

I should imagine there'll be reference to it perhaps, 'Gerry McCann says he checked Maddie at 9.06' but no more than that.

If it's totally left out all the better.....
margaret
margaret

Activity : 597

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanmonroe 14.10.13 12:01

PeeWit:

Please read the TYPED 'timeline' submitted by ALL of the T9.

Including BOTH of the McCanns.

http://www.justpamalam.co.uk/mpjf/PJ/TIME_LINE_3_MAY_07.htm
jeanmonroe

Back to top Go down

Post by PeeWit 14.10.13 12:02

jeanmonroe wrote:
PeeWit wrote:
PeterMac wrote:
Thank you for that.

Hi PeterMac
How so?
JT will keep to her story of seeing someone carrying a child, which will now be deemed to have been irrelevant (sorry says JT!!) and JW/GM will still have had their chat.
PeeWit
PeeWit

Back to top Go down

Post by nomendelta 14.10.13 12:04

The thing is SY are putting out photofits, there's still talk of abduction but no talk of dogs...I don't know how exactly but I really do think that at the very least this new timeline is going to aid the McCanns version of events and leave their character untarnished.

There are already massive contradictions in the various statements - in fact you could write a book on the contradictions the McCanns themselves have uttered. I suspect that with breathtaking arrogance all previous statements and timelines will be swept away as if to suggest the Portuguese didn't listen and there were translation problems and that THIS is the true version of events which leave Kate and Gerry holier than thou (well apart from the thorny issue of leaving the kids unattended in the first place).
nomendelta

Activity : 393

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanmonroe 14.10.13 12:04

PeeWit:
OK.
WTF do i know?
Dumbass me.
jeanmonroe

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanmonroe 14.10.13 12:06

nomendelta wrote:The thing is SY are putting out photofits, there's still talk of abduction but no talk of dogs...I don't know how exactly but I really do think that at the very least this new timeline is going to aid the McCanns version of events and leave their character untarnished.

There are already massive contradictions in the various statements - in fact you could write a book on the contradictions the McCanns themselves have uttered. I suspect that with breathtaking arrogance all previous statements and timelines will be swept away as if to suggest the Portuguese didn't listen and there were translation problems and that THIS is the true version of events which leave Kate and Gerry holier than thou (well apart from the thorny issue of leaving the kids unattended in the first place).
Even the English Langauge STATEMENTS?

Mind you, it is a bit of a struggle to read the T9's statements, y'know, erm er.
jeanmonroe

Back to top Go down

Post by endgame 14.10.13 12:08

PeeWit wrote:
Hi Sceptic
This seems the likeliest scenario to me but even so all it achieves is to show that an abduction could possibly have happened without anyone seeing or hearing anything. This is a million miles away from proving that it did happen but I fear that the next step in Redwood's logic will be that because it could have happened it must have happened. Its seems fairly clear from what Redwood himself has so far said that he has no evidence of an abduction. He refers to all this as "a theory".

Unless there is hard core evidence to support it, it is about as meaningful as the hundred and one other theories which have so far been put forward. And this may be the defining difference between PJ and SY. Everything the PJ did was based on evidence. SY seem to be more interested in constructing theories. If it was my daughter who had gone missing, I know which I would prefer.
endgame
endgame

Activity : 171

Back to top Go down

Post by sami 14.10.13 12:08

nomendelta wrote:The thing is SY are putting out photofits, there's still talk of abduction but no talk of dogs...I don't know how exactly but I really do think that at the very least this new timeline is going to aid the McCanns version of events and leave their character untarnished.

Except the timelines and statements were upheld in the really truthful book, penned by the fair hand of Kate herself.  The PJ cannot be blamed for that.
sami

Activity : 1019

Back to top Go down

Post by tiny 14.10.13 12:09

PeeWit wrote:
jeanmonroe wrote:
PeeWit wrote:
PeterMac wrote:
Thank you for that.

Hi PeterMac
How so?
JT will keep to her story of seeing someone carrying a child, which will now be deemed to have been irrelevant (sorry says JT!!) and JW/GM will still have had their chat.
No way they can discount JT sighting,she went into great detail in what and who she saw
tiny
tiny

Activity : 2311

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanmonroe 14.10.13 12:14

tiny
And she went into great DETAIL about the 'abductor' even down to his SHOES! at 9:16pm

"Shoes may have been a semi-formal brogue." JT.
jeanmonroe

Back to top Go down

Post by PeeWit 14.10.13 12:15

tiny wrote:
PeeWit wrote:
jeanmonroe wrote:
PeeWit wrote:
PeterMac wrote:
Thank you for that.

Hi PeterMac
How so?
No way they can discount JT sighting,she went into great detail in what and who she saw
I agree! But it will be SY who will discount her sighting, not JT. And if it is deemed irrelevant who is going to care - it was a mistake on which too much emphasis was placed! To me it is the ONLY difference in timeline AR can come up with.
PeeWit
PeeWit

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top