The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

LIBEL TRIAL DISCUSSION HERE   - Page 13 Mm11

LIBEL TRIAL DISCUSSION HERE   - Page 13 Regist10
The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

LIBEL TRIAL DISCUSSION HERE   - Page 13 Mm11

LIBEL TRIAL DISCUSSION HERE   - Page 13 Regist10

LIBEL TRIAL DISCUSSION HERE

Page 13 of 40 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 26 ... 40  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

LIBEL TRIAL DISCUSSION HERE   - Page 13 Empty Re: LIBEL TRIAL DISCUSSION HERE

Post by sallypelt 19.09.13 16:13

plebgate wrote:
Cherry Blossom wrote:It just seems so unbeleivable that none of the UK Media have reported on the re commencement of the trial, not even a paragraph.

Maybe Brunty's been stopped from reporting on trial, his subconscious seems to come to the fore, saying what he really thinks instead of what he should say.

http://steelmagnolia-steelmagnolia.blogspot.co.uk/2011/11/mccann-martin-brunt-disagrees-with.html
It makes me wonder what else is kept quiet and never reported on.   No way would I buy a newspaper in this country.    The internet warriors are the way to go in future imo.

If anyone wants to contact Sky News to ask why they have suddenly stopped reporting the libel hearing in Portugal, here's a contact number for Sky News: 08442 411 653 (UK)
sallypelt

Activity : 5319

Back to top Go down

Post by Ayniia 19.09.13 16:14

Seriously why no news today? None, zilch, nada...

"My advice to any British tourist ,please come to Portugal,please come to the Algarve but if you're coming as a family holiday treat it as a family holiday and do things together, don't leave the kids"
Words from an ExPat Algarve resident
Ayniia
Ayniia

Activity : 586

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanmonroe 19.09.13 16:16

ultimaThule wrote:
jeanmonroe wrote:But there can be a European Arrest Warrant issued by the Portuguese to return criminals to Portugal if they have committed a crime in Portugal.
That's any citizen of the European Union..............UK included.
Yes, of course - it goes without saying that any UK citizen suspected of committing crimes in other EU countries are subject to EAWs and to being extradited and tried in any other countries with whom Britian has an extradition treaty as per The Extradition Act 2003.

However, as has been evidenced in the case of Mr Dewani, speedy returns are not guaranteed.

I'd hazard a guess that were EAWs to be issued for the arrest and return to Portugal of either/both of the McCanns, The Priory's guestlist would increase exponentially. smilie
Maybe K&G and all the T7 that booked in with them can spend their dotage 'searching' the Priory's nooks and crannies for Madeleine!
jeanmonroe

Activity : 7756

Back to top Go down

Post by sallypelt 19.09.13 16:17

Ayniia wrote:Seriously why no news today? None, zilch, nada...
I tried ringing Sky News on the number I've provided (08442 411 653 (UK)) but I get a dead line tone.
sallypelt

Back to top Go down

Post by stillsloppingout 19.09.13 16:19

It appears as the trial was not going well for the McCanns they have pulled all reporting of the case . The verdict will be reported though spun whichever way  they are instructed .

Then the Police will go on trying to find a suitable scapegoat , dead or alive to take the blame .

Im surprised IMO  they didn't offer Raymond Hewlitt's surviving family[ or any dead Peado / oddball for that matter]  a few quid ,to take the blame , i still think that ploy is in the pipeline, plan B so to speak . 

Whatever the verdict it will make no difference to the way Scotland Yard view this case , as my old friend the retired Senior Police officer said " if they want it to appear an abduction , they will make it appear so. '

Nothing has changed my mind regarding which way this is heading .
stillsloppingout
stillsloppingout

Activity : 540

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 19.09.13 16:20

There is only one reason that I can think of.  We know that the press use any excuse to run McCann stories, it sells thousands more papers.  So why aren't they......they could report proceedings without fear of being sued, but they are not, and turning down big bucks in not doing so.  I think personally they have been warned by SY not to publish too much due to the ongoing investigation.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanmonroe 19.09.13 16:20

sallypelt wrote:
I tried ringing Sky News on the number I've provided (08442 411 653 (UK)) but I get a dead line tone.
You musn't say DEAD! C F**K or 'Kevin' might be reading!
laughat laughat laughat laughat
jeanmonroe

Activity : 7756

Back to top Go down

Post by sallypelt 19.09.13 16:22

jeanmonroe wrote:
sallypelt wrote:
You musn't say DEAD! C F**K might be reading!
laughat laughat laughat laughat 
spit coffee laughat titter Silly me
sallypelt

Back to top Go down

Post by Ayniia 19.09.13 16:26

sallypelt wrote:
I just called LUSA, ringed and ringed until the call went down!
http://www.lusa.pt/info.aspx?page=contactus

"My advice to any British tourist ,please come to Portugal,please come to the Algarve but if you're coming as a family holiday treat it as a family holiday and do things together, don't leave the kids"
Ayniia
Ayniia

Back to top Go down

Post by russiandoll 19.09.13 16:30

latest tweets from Jerry Lawton re libel trial  :

1.  Jerry Lawton@JerryLawton 3m

2. Pike: Kate #McCann feared if Portuguese believed Amaral's claims they would stop looking for Madeleine in the country where she vanished

1. LIBEL TRIAL DISCUSSION HERE   - Page 13 Jerry_normalJerry Lawton@JerryLawton 4m

2. Kate #McCann was `incensed' by Amaral & his friends & could not understand why he was allowed to make his claims - psychologist Alan Pike

1. LIBEL TRIAL DISCUSSION HERE   - Page 13 Jerry_normalJerry Lawton@JerryLawton 6m

2. Kate #McCann spent `many days in tears sobbing about the injustice being done to Madeleine' by people who should have been looking for her

1. LIBEL TRIAL DISCUSSION HERE   - Page 13 Jerry_normalJerry Lawton@JerryLawton 7m

2. Kate #McCann experienced `secondary trauma' due to Amaral's claims which could be `more profound' than `primary trauma' of disappearance

1. LIBEL TRIAL DISCUSSION HERE   - Page 13 Jerry_normalJerry Lawton@JerryLawton 11m
    Kate #McCann contemplated suicide over Goncalo Amaral's book claims she covered up daughter Madeleine's death, psychologist tells court

The great enemy of the truth is very often not the lie — deliberate,
contrived and dishonest — but the myth — persistent, persuasive and
unrealistic.
~John F. Kennedy

russiandoll
russiandoll

Activity : 4058

Back to top Go down

Post by Montclair 19.09.13 16:32

I think that the silence is due to the fact that there are no journalists to tweet any testimonies as they did in the first hearing in January 2010. I think that we will just have to be patient and wait for Anne Guedes to give us the transcripts which she has done for the first two days.
Montclair
Montclair

Activity : 159

Back to top Go down

Post by ultimaThule 19.09.13 16:32

jeanmonroe wrote:
ultimaThule wrote:
jeanmonroe wrote:But there can be a European Arrest Warrant issued by the Portuguese to return criminals to Portugal if they have committed a crime in Portugal.
That's any citizen of the European Union..............UK included.
Yes, of course - it goes without saying that any UK citizen suspected of committing crimes in other EU countries are subject to EAWs and to being extradited and tried in any other countries with whom Britian has an extradition treaty as per The Extradition Act 2003.

However, as has been evidenced in the case of Mr Dewani, speedy returns are not guaranteed.

I'd hazard a guess that were EAWs to be issued for the arrest and return to Portugal of either/both of the McCanns, The Priory's guestlist would increase exponentially. smilie
Maybe K&G and all the T7 that booked in with them can spend their dotage 'searching' the Priory's nooks and crannies for Madeleine!
laughat And turning over stones on the gravel drive...
ultimaThule
ultimaThule

Activity : 3376

Back to top Go down

Post by Montclair 19.09.13 16:34

russiandoll wrote:latest tweets from Jerry Lawton re libel trial  :

1.   Jerry Lawton@JerryLawton 1m

2. Kate #McCann spent `many days in tears sobbing about the injustice being done to Madeleine' by people who should have been looking for her

1. LIBEL TRIAL DISCUSSION HERE   - Page 13 Jerry_normalJerry Lawton@JerryLawton 2m

2. Kate #McCann experienced `secondary trauma' due to Amaral's claims which could be `more profound' than `primary trauma' of disappearance          

1. LIBEL TRIAL DISCUSSION HERE   - Page 13 Jerry_normalJerry Lawton@JerryLawton 6m
    Kate #McCann contemplated suicide over Goncalo Amaral's book claims she covered up daughter Madeleine's death, psychologist tells court

So the psychologist is telling us that the trauma was greater when her reputation was questioned than when her daughter disappeared.
Montclair
Montclair

Activity : 159

Back to top Go down

Post by russiandoll 19.09.13 16:38

Montclair I tried to delete those because more are coming in...go to  @jerry Lawton, you do not need to join twitter to follow his tweets.

unrealistic.
~John F. Kennedy

russiandoll
russiandoll

Back to top Go down

Post by Cristobell 19.09.13 16:40

Does Kate mention suicide in her account of the truth?  I will take a look, but wondered if anyone remembers off hand?

Incidentally, appalled at this latest hysterical ruse.  What a terrible thing for two 8 year olds to hear about their mother, at least Goncalo wanted to spare them hearing stuff like that.
Cristobell

Activity : 2552

Back to top Go down

Post by russiandoll 19.09.13 16:41

1. Jerry Lawton@JerryLawton 3m

Pike on Kate #McCann suicidal thoughts: `I think I was the only person she shared this with.'  

1. LIBEL TRIAL DISCUSSION HERE   - Page 13 Jerry_normalJerry Lawton@JerryLawton 7m

2. Pike deduced it was indicator of how Kate #McCann felt `rather than something she ever intended to do' but she had some `very dark thoughts'      

1. LIBEL TRIAL DISCUSSION HERE   - Page 13 Jerry_normalJerry Lawton@JerryLawton 8m
    Pike: Kate #McCann `wasn't very well', `referred to killing herself as an option to end the trauma she was experiencing'

[*]

unrealistic.
~John F. Kennedy

russiandoll
russiandoll

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 19.09.13 16:47

So they're bringing in the "big guns" now ... ?

ETA has he read the PJ files? Amaral's book? Kate's diary? The bewk?
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by russiandoll 19.09.13 16:48

am trying to copy but use less space, it looks much neater until I see a preview and changing the layout not helping as much as it looks before I hit send sorry !

[ I think this trial should have been held in private, given what the twins are likely to read. Maybe the judge will decide to take this behind closed doors after all. ]

unrealistic.
~John F. Kennedy

russiandoll
russiandoll

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 19.09.13 16:51

Quote: "I was the only person she shared this with"

Fine.

Not verifiable then. 

And even good mistress Duarte and husband Gerry -let alone the rest of the tribe- were left in the dark? 

Oh, I remember: "(..) and we'd ALL be gone", a remark which provoked not a small number of comments on the continued safety of the twins
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 19.09.13 16:53

Well according to this article she was contemplating suicide due to losing Madeleine........

News DeskMay 10, 2011 01:15
Madeleine McCann's mother reveals details about child's disappearance in new book

She says she was plagued with depression and often wanted to kill herself.

Kate McCann, mother of missing British girl Madeleine, looks on near a sign showing Maddie as she and her husband speak to journalists on their way out of Tribunal Civil de Lisboa in Lisbon on February 10, 2010, for the last court session of their libel action against a Portuguese police officer who led the initial probe in the case. (Francisco Leong/AFP/Getty Images)

Please support our site by enabling javascript to view ads.

The mother of Madeleine McCann, the young girl who disappeared during a family vacation in Portugal, has written a new book with details on the case and how it has affected the family

In the book, "Madeleine," Kate McCann says the abduction of her daughter four years ago caused her so much pain and grief she often had
suicidal thoughts.

"It's quite frightening when I see myself in those early days," she writes, as reported in the Guardian. "To me I look incredibly fragile and confused and lost." She says the public branded her a "cold, emotionless woman," but inside she was on the verge of a breakdown.

McCann describes in the book wanting to flee from the horror that her life had become and drown herself in the sea.

"I had an overwhelming urge to swim out across the ocean, as hard and as fast as I could; to swim and swim and swim until I was so far out and so exhausted I could just allow the water to pull me under and relieve me of this torment," she writes. "I wasn't keeping that desire to myself, either. I was shouting it out to anyone who happened to be in the room. Both this urge and the expression of it were, I suppose, an outlet for the crucifying anguish.

"Somehow, inflicting physical pain on myself seemed to be the only possible way of escaping my internal pain."

Madeleine, then four years old, went missing while the family was on vacation in Portugal on May 3, 2007. Her parents and their friends were eating at a restaurant in the holiday complex while Madeleine was sleeping in the room.
Kate McCann writes in the book that she thinks the case began with a comment in a restaurant reservation book at the Algarve resort of Praia da Luz giving information on where the parents would be eating while the children slept, AFP reports.

The case made headlines around the world and triggered a massive investigation, but the girl was never found.
Madeleine's parents insist they will continue the search for their daughter, AFP reports. Proceeds from the book are intended to help pay for that.
The book will be published Thursday in Britain. It will be Madeleine's eighth birthday.

http://www.globalpost.com/dispatch/news/regions/europe/united-kingdom/110510/madeleine-mccann-mother-book
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by russiandoll 19.09.13 16:55

Pike said he thinks that he was the sole person Kate shared this with. Why did he not ask her if there was anyone else, check with them and then give the court something definite ?

unrealistic.
~John F. Kennedy

russiandoll
russiandoll

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 19.09.13 16:57

russiandoll wrote:Pike said he thinks that he was the sole person Kate shared this with. Why did he not ask her if there was anyone else, check with them and then give the court something definite ?
MacTruth for MacDummies: 'Cause there wasn't anyone else as gullible as he
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Ayniia 19.09.13 17:01

candyfloss wrote:

"I had an overwhelming urge to swim out across the ocean, as hard and as fast as I could; to swim and swim and swim until I was so far out and so exhausted I could just allow the water to pull me under and relieve me of this torment," she writes. "I wasn't keeping that desire to myself, either. I was shouting it out to anyone who happened to be in the room. Both this urge and the expression of it were, I suppose, an outlet for the crucifying anguish.

"Somehow, inflicting physical pain on myself seemed to be the only possible way of escaping my internal pain."
And everyone in the room was just today's witness... oh dear

Ayniia
Ayniia

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 19.09.13 17:05

Ayniia wrote:
candyfloss wrote:

And everyone in the room was just today's witness... oh dear
Jerry Lawton@JerryLawton 24m
Pike on Kate #McCann suicidal thoughts: `I think I was the only person she shared this with.'

ooops
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by tasprin 19.09.13 17:10

Really, this is just farcical. Alan Pike's testimony is dreadful - completely untrue. KM is possibly his most famous client and he hasn't even read her book. If he had read the book, which she wrote for her children's eyes only, he'd know that her suicidal thoughts were broadcast to the world.
tasprin

Activity : 896

Back to top Go down

Page 13 of 40 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 26 ... 40  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top