The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

LIBEL TRIAL DISCUSSION HERE   - Page 12 Mm11

LIBEL TRIAL DISCUSSION HERE   - Page 12 Regist10
The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

LIBEL TRIAL DISCUSSION HERE   - Page 12 Mm11

LIBEL TRIAL DISCUSSION HERE   - Page 12 Regist10

LIBEL TRIAL DISCUSSION HERE

Page 12 of 40 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 26 ... 40  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

LIBEL TRIAL DISCUSSION HERE   - Page 12 Empty Re: LIBEL TRIAL DISCUSSION HERE

Post by PeterMac 19.09.13 11:42

Woburn_exile wrote:As everybody says including DE the answer lies in Portugal. Because the crime if you want to call it that was commited there so support from that country is essential. What do the McCanns do? Attack the very police service that is in reality the only agency that has any hope of getting to the truth. Employ a has been detective with a mandate to support their theory (he must be on serious money to spout the bullshit that he does) who then goes on to state "the lawless hills surrounding the algarve".
Does anybody on the side of the McCann family believe that this action will do anything other than alienate the Portuguese for a start and the wider European community as a whole. With the venom that Kate McCann has spouted it beggers belief that any country would touch them with a barge pole.
That was the point and remains the point of attacking GA and TB.
They got close to the truth, and have therefore to be silenced in whatever they can.

Criminals in England do it as well;  make a complaint against the arresting officer, hoping that something will stick, or that someone will discover a small technical breach of procedures.
It is a well known, frequently tried, and ultimately failed tactic, but what else can you do ?

Mercifully we now live the age of the internet where the interim report and the archiving report can be read by anyone who cares to look.
PeterMac
PeterMac
Investigator

Activity : 16578

http://whatreallyhappenedtomadeleinemccann.blogspot.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post by saloongirl 19.09.13 11:56

I wonder if Jack Anory will be appearing as a witness for the McCanns.
saloongirl

Activity : 128

Back to top Go down

Post by gbwales 19.09.13 11:59

Cristobell wrote:They turned on the press when they volunteered for the Leveson Enquiry.
I'm hoping that was a mistake and that the press may feel their loyalty/subservience hasn't been rewarded - and possibly may consider some kind of retaliation.
Perhaps they're biding their time for now...
gbwales
gbwales

Activity : 303

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanmonroe 19.09.13 12:08

I hope Gerry is a witness today.

Let's see him throw a strop and jump out of the witness box if he's asked about drugging the kids!

let's see his 'solemn face' when giving evidence and the 'laughing face' when he thinks there are no more questions or no one is looking.

His body language gives him away every single time!

he GULPS more times, trying to stop things coming out of his mouth, than my goldfish
jeanmonroe

Activity : 7756

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 19.09.13 12:30

It just seems so unbeleivable that none of the UK Media have reported on the re commencement of the trial, not even a paragraph.

Maybe Brunty's been stopped from reporting on trial, his subconscious seems to come to the fore, saying what he really thinks instead of what he should say.

http://steelmagnolia-steelmagnolia.blogspot.co.uk/2011/11/mccann-martin-brunt-disagrees-with.html
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanmonroe 19.09.13 12:38

Cherry Blossom wrote:It just seems so unbeleivable that none of the UK Media have reported on the re commencement of the trial, not even a paragraph.

Maybe Brunty's been stopped from reporting on trial, his subconscious seems to come to the fore, saying what he really thinks instead of what he should say.

http://steelmagnolia-steelmagnolia.blogspot.co.uk/2011/11/mccann-martin-brunt-disagrees-with.html
I just posted this 'somewhere'

That is the main stream red top MADIA in the UK.
Not being allowed, imo, to report on the case of the Century and the libel trial connected to it!
What will really make them fume is that all the 'internet nutters' are getting it almost instantly!
Imo, there are super journos sitting in UK offices glued READING this/our and other forums to just keep abreast of what is actually happening.
Oh the irony.
Rreporting on news given first to internet nutters
THEY MUST BE WELL 'HACKED OFF'!big grin big grin 
I can visualise it now.
BANG ( journo head hitting desk) 'did that expert really just say that'?
BANG (ditto) ' you gotta be kidding me they told us all along they never did that'
Bang (ditto) 'OMG just said something we have been barred from reporting in case it spoils the McS image we have created'
Bang 'anyone got any sedatives?'

Keep reading, all you briiliant sychophantic journos, you might actually LEARN something about your 'idols' you didn't want to know!
spin clapping spin laughat laughat laughat 
jeanmonroe

Back to top Go down

Post by tasprin 19.09.13 12:45

Maybe Scotland Yard has advised Martin Brunt (and the rest) to be restrained in their reports so as not to create a media circus. Maybe SY fear a media circus at this stage because it could adversely affect their investigations and damage the chance of a future prosecution. Maybe that's why the McCanns wanted the case heard in open court. Just speculation on my part, I'm probably wrong.
tasprin

Activity : 896

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 19.09.13 12:49

jeanmonroe wrote:
Cherry Blossom wrote:It just seems so unbeleivable that none of the UK Media have reported on the re commencement of the trial, not even a paragraph.

I just posted this 'somewhere'

Not being allowed, imo, to report on the case of the Century and the libel trial connected to it!
What will really make them fume is that all the 'internet nutters' are getting it almost instantly!
Imo, there are super journos sitting in UK offices glued READING this/our and other forums to just keep abreast of what is actually happening.
Oh the irony.
I can visualise it now.
BANG (ditto) ' you gotta be kidding me they told us all along they never did that'
Bang (ditto) 'OMG just said something we have been barred from reporting in case it spoils the McS image we have created'

Keep reading all you briiliant sychophantic journos, you might actually LEARN something!
You've put it so well jeanmonroe, all the journo's will know they should be reporting, but they have to toe the line to keep theire jobs.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanmonroe 19.09.13 12:51

tasprin wrote:Maybe Scotland Yard has advised Martin Brunt (and the rest) to be restrained in their reports so as not to create a media circus. Maybe SY fear a media circus at this stage because it could adversely affect their investigations and damage the chance of a future prosecution. Maybe that's why the McCanns wanted the case heard in open court. Just speculation on my part, I'm probably wrong.
Could be.
But, more like advising the MADIA to stay away to stop the UK Public from learning anything adverse about their 'clients'!
If the MADIA wanted to be there, there would be NO stopping them!
But they are very thin on the ground and have to put up with reading OUR 'nutters' forum for information!
And the IRONY is that they think that not reporting, the information from the court room won't get out and so, in their feeble minds, 'it didn't happen'!

Newsflash: "EXCLUSIVE" MSM.

It's already out there!
jeanmonroe

Back to top Go down

Post by Newintown 19.09.13 12:57

jeanmonroe wrote:To avoid being c f**ked i just say McCann could be pool could be micheal any mccann you like!
big grin big grin big grin

Plz never 'ASSUME' anything because it will make an ASS out of U and ME!

So Marty Front is in London,

Will he be on the same plane as 'our Kate' today to Portugal?

If she has got back from searching the lawless villages for a dungeon lair.
I don't know why you asked me what McCann you were referring to, I was referring to the saying "as useless as a McCann witness", which obviously means anyone who is standing up in court giving evidence for the McCanns and didn't refer to a particular McCann.

As I said, I didn't quite understand your question at the time, it was too late in the evening to really care, it's hard to comprehend some people's comments sometimes, they go over my head quite often but I don't bother to ask for an explanation as the board moves on so fast, and I don't want to upset the poster by saying "I really don't understand what you're going on about, you've really confused me". smilie

"Never trust an eyewitness whose memory gets better over time"

Newintown
Newintown

Activity : 1622

Back to top Go down

Post by davel 19.09.13 13:02

does anyone know if there is anything in the Portuguese press?
davel

Activity : 14

Back to top Go down

Post by tasprin 19.09.13 13:05

jeanmonroe wrote:
tasprin wrote:Maybe Scotland Yard has advised Martin Brunt (and the rest) to be restrained in their reports so as not to create a media circus. Maybe SY fear a media circus at this stage because it could adversely affect their investigations and damage the chance of a future prosecution. Maybe that's why the McCanns wanted the case heard in open court. Just speculation on my part, I'm probably wrong.
Could be.
But, more like advising the MADIA to stay away to stop the UK Public from learning anything adverse about their 'clients'!
If the MADIA wanted to be there, there would be NO stopping them!
But they are very thin on the ground and have to put up with reading OUR 'nutters' forum for information!
yes, it's always very difficult to gauge what's going on with this case. The thing that makes me think my above speculation may be wrong is Martin Brunt's comment last week that Madeleine "died". He ceased reporting following that slip of the tongue (not the first) which could mean he was removed from the case due to a complaint.
tasprin

Back to top Go down

Post by Ayniia 19.09.13 13:13

davel wrote:does anyone know if there is anything in the Portuguese press?
As far as my Google search tells me, not yet.

"My advice to any British tourist ,please come to Portugal,please come to the Algarve but if you're coming as a family holiday treat it as a family holiday and do things together, don't leave the kids"
Words from an ExPat Algarve resident
Ayniia
Ayniia

Activity : 586

Back to top Go down

Post by HiDeHo 19.09.13 13:14

jeanmonroe wrote:
Oh the irony.
I can visualise it now.

Keep reading, all you briiliant sychophantic journos, you might actually LEARN something about your 'idols' you didn't want to know!
spin clapping spin laughat laughat laughat 
Just posted on HiDeHo CONTROVERSY (with a link to here) Hope thats OK?

https://www.facebook.com/groups/HiDeHoCONTROVERSYofMadeleineMcCann/
HiDeHo
HiDeHo
Researcher

Activity : 5076

http://forum2.aimoo.com/MadeleineMcCann

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanmonroe 19.09.13 13:38

tasprin wrote:
...may be wrong is Martin Brunt's comment last week that Madeleine "died". He ceased reporting following that slip of the tongue (not the first) which could mean he was removed from the case due to a complaint.

can't see that being a problem. when Gerry McCann has said that 'there's no evidence to implicate us in her death'

And the McCanns highly paid spokesman Clarence Mitchell has said: "I believe Kate and Gerry are not responsible for Madeleines DEATH"
jeanmonroe

Back to top Go down

Post by tigger 19.09.13 14:05

jeanmonroe wrote:tasprin wrote:
...may be wrong is Martin Brunt's comment last week that Madeleine "died". He ceased reporting following that slip of the tongue (not the first) which could mean he was removed from the case due to a complaint.

can't see that being a problem. when Gerry McCann has said that 'there's no evidence to implicate us in her death'

And the McCanns highly paid spokesman Clarence Mitchell has said:  "I believe Kate and Gerry are not responsible for Madeleines DEATH"
Madeleine McCann police to trawl reservoir
LIBEL TRIAL DISCUSSION HERE   - Page 12 News-graphics-2007-_647343a
Still missing: Madeleine McCann 

By Aislinn Simpson in Odiaxere
5:23PM BST 14 Oct 2007

A vast reservoir near to the town where Madeleine McCann went missing is set to be trawled as police [url=/news/main.jhtml?xml=/news/2007/10/04/nmaddy104.xml]relaunch an active search for her[/url].

•  

The new inquiry head [url=/news/main.jhtml?xml=/news/2007/10/13/nmaddy113.xml]has now tripled the size of his team[/url] in a bid to crack the case and ordered fresh searches of a 10 mile area around the holiday town of Praia da Luz from where she disappeared five months ago.
LIBEL TRIAL DISCUSSION HERE   - Page 12 News-graphics-2007-_647343a
A search is also expected of the dense woodland and isolated dwellings around the reservoir - known locally as Barragem da Bravura, literally the Reservoir of the Wilderness - which leading detective Paulo Rebelo believes was not combed carefully enough in the days following the four-year-old's disappearance.

According to Portuguese newspaper the Correio Da Manha, the "meticulous" Rebelo has ordered his reinforced team to pay "special attention" to the area around the jagged reservoir, which has a 25 mile perimeter, and is 15 miles from Luz.

Sites to the south of the Ocean Club where the McCanns and their friends stayed, including Luz and Burgau beaches, are also to be "fine combed" by inspectors, who will particularly focus on spots where the British group used their mobile telephones.
These are the first significant searches for three months. Detectives have already revisited the family's rented apartment and the tapas bar where they dined on May 3, the night Madeleine disappeared, and this weekend began a review of the case files, looking for loose ends.
[*]

A friend of Kate and Gerry McCann said: "Any widening of the search area is encouraging and we would welcome that. It does sound as though there is more vigour in that aspect of the inquiry which is good."
He added that while it would be a "tragedy" for the family if police searches eventually yield the little girl's body, at least it would help lift the cloud of suspicion from them.
"If she is dead then she is dead but not by their hand," he said.
Another friend dismissed a report this weekend about suspicious footprints in the McCanns' apartment and the car they hired 25 days after Madeleine went missing as being like "something out of an Agatha Christie novel".
"It doesn't imply guilt in any shape or form," she said. "There are a lot of perfectly good reasons why a footprint of that nature might be found." [..]

Activity : 8532

http://fytton.blogspot.nl/

Back to top Go down

Post by tiny 19.09.13 14:09

davel wrote:does anyone know if there is anything in the Portuguese press?
hi,can I ask are the davel from the justice forum?
tiny
tiny

Activity : 2311

Back to top Go down

Post by plebgate 19.09.13 14:10

That's what I was thinking last week, but somebody posted and said that anything heard in this court would have no bearing on a possible future trial in UK At least that's what I understood the poster to mean.

If I forget to add it to a post everything is In My Opinion and I don't know anything for sure.
roll
plebgate

Activity : 8938

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanmonroe 19.09.13 14:31

According to Portuguese newspaper the Correio Da Manha, the "meticulous" Rebelo has ordered his reinforced team to pay "special attention" to the area around the jagged reservoir, which has a 25 mile perimeter, and is 15 miles from Luz.

Oh well, there goes Dave 'Grabbit' Edgar's ' held in a hellish lair within 10 kms of PDL THEORY"

Q: What's the difference between Rebelo's 'meticulous' and Dave's 'professional'?

A: About £100,000!...................'disappearing' from the Find Madeleine 'fund'big grin big grin big grin
jeanmonroe

Back to top Go down

Post by ultimaThule 19.09.13 14:53

plebgate wrote:
That's what I was thinking last week, but somebody posted and said that anything heard in this court would have no bearing on a possible future trial in UK   At least that's what I understood the poster to mean.  

There can be no trial in the UK for an alleged crime that, albeit committed by a UK citizen or citizens, took place in Portugal or any other country.

Note to any SY officer who may be reading this thread: if there is a forensic accountant attached to the Serious Farce Fraud Office, it may be a career making opportunity should you propose referring the McCanns' limited company accounts for thorough scrutiny. 

I, for one, would like to know whether the cash sums that certain members of the McCann's family refer to as being pressed upon them by those who have fallen victim to the hype generous wellwishers have been properly accounted for.
ultimaThule
ultimaThule

Activity : 3376

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanmonroe 19.09.13 14:59

But there can be a European Arrest Warrant issued by the Portuguese to return criminals to Portugal if they have committed a crime in Portugal.
That's any citizen of the European Union..............UK included.
jeanmonroe

Back to top Go down

Post by plebgate 19.09.13 15:10

It makes me wonder what else is kept quiet and never reported on. No way would I buy a newspaper in this country. The internet warriors are the way to go in future imo.
plebgate

Activity : 8938

Back to top Go down

Post by tasprin 19.09.13 15:56

plebgate wrote:
That's what I was thinking last week, but somebody posted and said that anything heard in this court would have no bearing on a possible future trial in UK   At least that's what I understood the poster to mean.  

It's all very confusing (which is good according to GM) but what I was wondering is; if the media did create a furore and reported the hearing in detail it would not reflect well on the McCanns, therefore could the coverage be used to claim 'unfair trial'? The McCanns didn't want this action to ahead and secretly sought to settle it out of court, neither did they want to give evidence from the witness box and so far their witnesses have not come up with anything to support their claims against GA. Imo they expected GA to cave in and hand over the money long before it got to this point. Initially, the McCanns said they would not be attending the hearing, the reason being that they weren't needed, this was changed to "Scotland Yard advised against it" for fear of a media circus. Then at the last minute Kate McCann went anyway and even gave an interview to the media outside the courtroom (directly in opposition to Scotland Yard's advice - if there ever was any such advice) and her lawyer demanded the hearing be held in open court. Bizarre. I thought perhaps there was method in their madness.
tasprin

Back to top Go down

Post by aiyoyo 19.09.13 15:59

"If she is dead then she is dead but not by their hand," he said.
What a very ODD thing to say, Taking a defensive position, even if she's dead, no show of emotional words and no words of devastation, just he didn't do it......yeah.....pull the other one.

J
aiyoyo
aiyoyo

Activity : 10084

Back to top Go down

Post by ultimaThule 19.09.13 16:06

jeanmonroe wrote:But there can be a European Arrest Warrant issued by the Portuguese to return criminals to Portugal if they have committed a crime in Portugal.
That's any citizen of the European Union..............UK included.
Yes, of course - it goes without saying that any UK citizen suspected of committing crimes in other EU countries are subject to EAWs and to being extradited and tried in any other countries with whom Britian has an extradition treaty as per The Extradition Act 2003.

However, as has been evidenced in the case of Mr Dewani, speedy returns are not guaranteed.

I'd hazard a guess that were EAWs to be issued for the arrest and return to Portugal of either/both of the McCanns, The Priory's guestlist would increase exponentially. smilie
ultimaThule
ultimaThule

Activity : 3376

Back to top Go down

Page 12 of 40 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 26 ... 40  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top