The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

SY ANNOUNCEMENT 2pm 4/7/13 - Page 8 Mm11

SY ANNOUNCEMENT 2pm 4/7/13 - Page 8 Regist10
The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

SY ANNOUNCEMENT 2pm 4/7/13 - Page 8 Mm11

SY ANNOUNCEMENT 2pm 4/7/13 - Page 8 Regist10

SY ANNOUNCEMENT 2pm 4/7/13

Page 8 of 19 Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 13 ... 19  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

SY ANNOUNCEMENT 2pm 4/7/13 - Page 8 Empty Re: SY ANNOUNCEMENT 2pm 4/7/13

Post by sallypelt 04.07.13 17:28

This is all I am believing. The official statement from the Metropolitan Police. Nothing else matters.
In the absence of any clear evidence to the contrary we maintain our belief that Madeleine may still be alive.

we have identified 38 persons of interest. These individuals are from a number of European countries

Twelve of the persons of interest are UK Nationals who we believe were in Portugal at the time Madeleine went missing.

"We continue to believe that there is a possibility that Madeleine is alive.
"
"Our working relationship with the Portuguese police is positive and now that we have moved to investigation we are requesting further specific assistance through normal judicial routes.

"We remain in close contact with Kate and Gerry McCann and they are updated on our current position.

In the absence of CLEAR evidence, they have to begin from the starting point that she's alive
Nowhere does it say the people of interest are suspects. This is media hype.

So, all the BS we read in the Daily Mail and other  newspapers, is pure drama to sell their tosh.
sallypelt

Activity : 5319

Back to top Go down

Post by aiyoyo 04.07.13 17:29

Note:
For a change, Mr & Mrs did not come onto National TV to proclaim they are excited at the MPS statement that Maddie may still be alive!

So why are they and their pink spokes-creature in hiding when they should be singing from the rooftop?
aiyoyo
aiyoyo

Activity : 10084

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 04.07.13 17:31

Hobs wrote:DCI Redwood said: "There is no clear, definitive proof that Madeleine McCann is dead.

"On that basis I genuinely believe there is a possibility she is still alive. And so I would like to ask the public to continue to look for her."

Read his actual words, not what you think he meant.

His statement is actually weak.

he does not tell us there is no proof Madeleine is dead only that there is NO CLEAR AND DEFINITIVE proof.
Additional words, known as qualifiers, weaken a statement.
Here we see not one but 2 qualifiers further weakening the statement.
Clear and definitive proof of death would be a body, you can't get clearer or more definitive than that.
A body is what we don't have.

He doesn't tell us there is NO proof Madeleine is dead, he cannot say that, given the reactions of the two dogs and the forensic evidence  found in the apartment and hire car.
That evidence exists and has been recorded, it is circumstantial evidence of death.
Circumstantial evidence, although not as strong as actual evidence (a body, witnesses to the crime, being caught in the act etc) it however, can be enough to get a conviction if there is enough to prove beyond reasonable doubt that the crime was committed by the person accused.

Next, notice how weak his statement is in regard to Madeleine being possibly alive.
Again a strong statement would be i know Madeleine is alive, or i believe Madeleine is alive.

I believe leaves it open for others to believe otherwise, this can be though knowledge or from evidence.
He weakens it with the qualifier GENUINELY which although it sounds like a strong statement is rather weakened by it.
Can he fake believe she is alive?

The evidence indicates a death in the apartment, the record of the dogs is such that it would be unusual for them to give a false positive in the mccann apartment and not in any other apartment and only to their car and not any other car, and to cuddlecat and items of clothing and not to toys or clothing from other people.
The evidence is such that the mccanns were forced to explain away what was found rather than the fact the dogs were wrong (when gerry tried by using a murder case in America it backfired spectacularly when the killer admitted the dogs had been right all along)

If there was no evidence why did the mccanns come up with explanations for why evidence was found rather than the expected there is no evidence.

And at the start of a sentence indicates missing information, the AND comes right after telling us there is a possibility she is alive, so what is he not telling us?
Looking at what he said in regard to proof of death and belief in life.
He knows.

Would is future conditional.
Expected, if he believed Madeleine was alive, is I WANT the public to keep looking for her.
He cannot ask that since he knows (given the evidence,the behavior of the parents and tapas 7, the statistics etc) that Madeleine is long dead.
He would like us to look for a live Madeleine, now, what does he WANT us to do in reality?

SO is used to explain why something was said/done.
Hobs, I haven't finished catching up with all of the pages in this thread [was to the vet on an emergency], but you have very clearly phrased, what I was thinking after reading the statement and hearing Redwood. Bravo!
ETA changing font size and colour of "He knows" by my hand ...
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by aiyoyo 04.07.13 17:36

Châtelaine wrote:
Hobs wrote:DCI Redwood said: "There is no clear, definitive proof that Madeleine McCann is dead.

"On that basis I genuinely believe there is a possibility she is still alive. And so I would like to ask the public to continue to look for her."

he does not tell us there is no proof Madeleine is dead only that there is NO CLEAR AND DEFINITIVE proof.
Clear and definitive proof of death would be a body, you can't get clearer or more definitive than that.

He doesn't tell us there is NO proof Madeleine is dead, he cannot say that, given the reactions of the two dogs and the forensic evidence  found in the apartment and hire car.
That evidence exists and has been recorded, it is circumstantial evidence of death.
Circumstantial evidence, although not as strong as actual evidence (a body, witnesses to the crime, being caught in the act etc) it however, can be enough to get a conviction if there is enough to prove beyond reasonable doubt that the crime was committed by the person accused.

Next, notice how weak his statement is in regard to Madeleine being possibly alive.
Again a strong statement would be i know Madeleine is alive, or i believe Madeleine is alive.

I believe leaves it open for others to believe otherwise, this can be though knowledge or from evidence.
He weakens it with the qualifier GENUINELY which although it sounds like a strong statement is rather weakened by it.

The evidence indicates a death in the apartment, the record of the dogs is such that it would be unusual for them to give a false positive in the mccann apartment and not in any other apartment and only to their car and not any other car, and to cuddlecat and items of clothing and not to toys or clothing from other people.
The evidence is such that the mccanns were forced to explain away what was found rather than the fact the dogs were wrong (when gerry tried by using a murder case in America it backfired spectacularly when the killer admitted the dogs had been right all along)

If there was no evidence why did the mccanns come up with explanations for why evidence was found rather than the expected there is no evidence.

And at the start of a sentence indicates missing information, the AND comes right after telling us there is a possibility she is alive, so what is he not telling us?
He knows.

Expected, if he believed Madeleine was alive, is I WANT the public to keep looking for her.
He cannot ask that since he knows (given the evidence,the behavior of the parents and tapas 7, the statistics etc) that Madeleine is long dead.
He would like us to look for a live Madeleine, now, what does he WANT us to do in reality?

Hobs, I haven't finished catching up with all of the pages in this thread [was to the vet on an emergency], but you have very clearly phrased, what I was thinking after reading the statement and hearing Redwood. Bravo!

It would appear the public are being prepared for the shocking eventuality?
aiyoyo
aiyoyo

Back to top Go down

Post by Kepharel 04.07.13 17:40

Just heard on news that neither the McCanns nor their friends are among the 12 uk cvitizens they are interested in
Kepharel
Kepharel

Activity : 198

Back to top Go down

Post by tiny 04.07.13 17:44

Newintown wrote:
nomendelta wrote:I don't understand how anyone here can put a positive spin on it.

Redwood says there is "no evidence" to suggest Maddie is dead...that then leads to encouraging us all to be vigilant and keep on looking for Maddie.
This is not a "well she might be, she might not" statement - we all know about the dogs, the blood and the cadaverine. For Redwood to state categorically that there is no proof that she is dead means that everything connected with the dogs has been discounted.

This looks more and more like a whitewash to me.

It is very unusual though - even though it's been 6 years since the abduction surely if there was any belief she was alive they'd be getting on with searching those 38 persons of interest?

If this had been a more current abduction there's no way police would be making announcements like that - they'd be vague and getting on with tracking her down.

I have no idea where this is all headed but I really doubt it's about getting the real culprits.

By saying that he is again encouraging people to put more money into the "McCann family support fund", sorry, I meant the "Finding Madeleine" Fund. What the hell is going on with him, has he gone completely mad?

With regard to the dogs, how can he completely ignore them, is he saying in that statement they are completely unreliable.  Has G McCann been brain washing him?

Makes you wonder what game is being played here,how on earth can any one ignore the dogs

tiny
tiny

Activity : 2311

Back to top Go down

Post by sallypelt 04.07.13 17:46

Kepharel wrote:Just heard on news that neither the McCanns nor their friends are among the 12 uk cvitizens they are interested in

This is a strange piece from the BBC:

"Detectives say Madeleine's parents, the friends the McCanns were with in Portugal and people known to the family before they went away are not suspects or people they need to investigate".

So, how CAN the MET rule out every single person the McCann's knew, BEFORE they went away?  

I have no doubt that this has been said not to spook anyone, justifying my that we need to go beyond what the Met is saying
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-23179230
sallypelt

Activity : 5319

Back to top Go down

Post by tasprin 04.07.13 17:56

Kepharel wrote:Just heard on news that neither the McCanns nor their friends are among the 12 uk cvitizens they are interested in

No, of course SY don't want to interview the people who accompanied Madeleine to Portugal; who left her alone in the apartment; who checked on her during the evenings; who were the last people to have seen her alive; who changed their statements; who lied and made a fortune. Why would they want to interview them? Best to stick to a dead, or nearly dead, paedo.
tasprin

Activity : 896

Back to top Go down

Post by aiyoyo 04.07.13 17:57

Seriously, can anyone see the Portuguese agreeing to co-operate ie help MPS to whitewash?
aiyoyo
aiyoyo

Back to top Go down

Post by sheila.edwards 04.07.13 18:00

spin 
if there ever is a trial at old baily of say a suspect / real abductor, surely it would be a legal nightmare, dogs/dna would be brought up then !
sheila.edwards

Activity : 212

Back to top Go down

Post by bristow 04.07.13 18:03

BBC Timeline of inquiry

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-13386785
bristow
bristow

Activity : 1007

Back to top Go down

Post by ShuBob 04.07.13 18:10

aiyoyo wrote:Seriously, can anyone see the Portuguese agreeing to co-operate ie help MPS to whitewash?

Not me. I don't believe Amaral amongst others will allow that to happen. I doubt a live patsy would allow it too.
ShuBob

Activity : 1983

Back to top Go down

Post by MaryB 04.07.13 18:16

Seems a very strange investigation indeed if the police do not want to re-interiew those very people who were among the very last to see Madeleine alive.  Still it's SY.  They must know what they're doing.
MaryB
MaryB

Activity : 246

Back to top Go down

Post by MRNOODLES 04.07.13 18:17

Hi all first post.

First off, IMO I don't see this turning into a whitewash as it stands.  At first I felt a little deflated when this news broke because I did feel eh?.  However after giving it a little thought. I'm of the thinking, the SY press statements are the usual things said at the beginning of investigations. Therefore it looks to me SY are going to look at the case as though it's 'just happened' as it were.  So it follows they have to tie up all loose ends by gathering any other statements which may not have been taken in the first instance for whatever reason. Until that task is completed there's no way SY will make any comments on who they think the  suspects may or may not be . Or even what the actual crime has  occurred for that matter.   Hence the vague maybe dead or alive wordings in the police media statement.
Once all statements are in, they will at that point start looking at evidence, suspects forensics etc etc.  And haul in who they think has been telling porkies, for further questioning etc.

I should imagine this could drag on for months yet if they're going over everything.  But as long as we all get the right result...And have a watertight case. Unless of course somebody feels the heat sooner and spills their guts first.
MRNOODLES
MRNOODLES

Activity : 1059

Back to top Go down

Post by Newintown 04.07.13 18:19

Châtelaine wrote:

He knows.

ETA changing font size and colour of "He knows" by my hand ...

I've just listened to Redwood's statement on the news again and he actually said "there is no guarantee of any outcome"  what 

I missed that earlier, so he's actually saying that after spending £5m+ on the investigation, there is no guarantee, so that means nobody may be held to account, Madeleine abducted herself or was the cause of her own accident in the apartment (she shouldn't have been so bl**dy clumsy), G & K McCann are completely innoncent although they confimed they left the kids on their own, home alone every night, D Payne who was the last to see Madeleine (or not see her) is absolutely innocent, the blood and cavadar dogs are totally useless, the PJ were lying all along and G Amaral was lying in his book.

Or have I got all that completely wrong?

Looks like a complete whitewash to me.  Someone very high up is going to be protected, together with the McCanns, otherwise why isn't he saying "we will take this case to a conclusion however long it may take".

"Never trust an eyewitness whose memory gets better over time"

Newintown
Newintown

Activity : 1622

Back to top Go down

Post by aiyoyo 04.07.13 18:23

One has to ask what the CPS hope to get when they submit the International Letter of Request for "evidence" from Portuguese to help their line of inquiry.

If the Portuguese should deny CPS their request (just like the UK authorities denied Portuguese' request for credit cards and medical records), what are the Review Team/CPS going to do?   Surely MPS would become a joke if they were to close the review after having prolonged it only to announce Portuguese denied them access to evidence, so end of the road!

Just ask yourself why the Portuguese should or would oblige the CPS or the UK Government just to satisfy MET whitewash (if that is the objective)?
aiyoyo
aiyoyo

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 04.07.13 18:25

MRNOODLES wrote:Hi all first post.

First off, IMO I don't see this turning into a whitewash as it stands.  At first I felt a little deflated when this news broke because I did feel eh?.  However after giving it a little thought. I'm of the thinking, the SY press statements are the usual things said at the beginning of investigations. Therefore it looks to me SY are going to look at the case as though it's 'just happened' as it were.  So it follows they have to tie up all loose ends by gathering any other statements which may not have been taken in the first instance for whatever reason. Until that task is completed there's no way SY will make any comments on who they think the  suspects may or may not be . Or even what the actual crime has  occurred for that matter.   Hence the vague maybe dead or alive wordings in the police media statement.
Once all statements are in, they will at that point start looking at evidence, suspects forensics etc etc.  And haul in who they think has been telling porkies, for further questioning etc.

I should imagine this could drag on for months yet if they're going over everything.  But as long as we all get the right result...And have a watertight case. Unless of course somebody feels the heat sooner and spills their guts first.

welcome MRNOODLES

Scotland Yard according to reports today are only 2/3 through the review, so not even completed that. Every investigation has to eliminate all persons of interest, ie. either they are innocent, or they will the made suspects. They have 38 persons of interest, so I expect they will be interviewed and eliminated, or looked at closely. I have just heard Andy Redwood say on BBC.....'No guarantees of any outcome' I think they still have a long way to go before or if ever anyone is charged.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by bristow 04.07.13 18:30

Good post but if SY are looking at the case as if it had just happened I would have thought they would 'look' at the family first, isn't that what they do in the disappearance of somebody?
bristow
bristow

Activity : 1007

Back to top Go down

Post by Newintown 04.07.13 18:30

aiyoyo wrote:One has to ask what the CPS hope to get when they submit the International Letter of Request for "evidence" from Portuguese to help their line of inquiry.If the Portuguese should deny CPS their request (just like the UK authorities denied Portuguese' request for credit cards and medical records), what are the Review Team/CPS going to do?   Surely MPS would become a joke if they were to close the review after having prolonged it only to announce Portuguese denied them access to evidence, so end of the road!

Just ask yourself why the Portuguese should or would oblige the CPS or the UK Government just to satisfy MET whitewash (if that is the objective)?

To find out what they've got on the McCanns and any one else which is hidden away in their files, so it can all be lost and put under a "D" notice for the future.

I read somewhere on a news article (can't remember which one now) that the International Letter of Request is a European law which it is hoped that all EU countries will adhere to.   Could be interesting if the PJ definitely say NO.

ETA: Of course, this all could be leading up to the forthcoming Amaral trial and the MET desperate to find out what info there is in Portugal which may come out in the trial, is there actually 38 people of interest or is it just a ruse for them to get their hands on that hidden away information. We've seen how the MET operate in the Stephen Lawrence case, I don't believe they've changed their ways if they need information which could blow open the goings on of a government.

Newintown
Newintown

Back to top Go down

Post by MissesWillYa 04.07.13 18:37

Longtime lurker here...I'm in the US and just read this news on CNN's website a few minutes ago. I just feel sad. I don't understand how they can ignore the cadaver dogs and hold out any hope that she's alive. Or how they can rule out the last people who were with her before she disappeared. I don't get it. All I know is that I have a four-year-old daughter and I can't abide the injustice to that poor little girl. I'm sorry, Madeleine. empathy
MissesWillYa
MissesWillYa

Activity : 204

Back to top Go down

Post by aiyoyo 04.07.13 18:39

In preparation for today’s announcement, senior officers from Operation Grange made 16 visits to Portugal in order to ensure that any potential difficulties were ironed out.
If a British suspect is ever charged with abduction or murder in the case, the law allows them to be tried at the Old Bailey in London, even if the alleged crime took place overseas.
aiyoyo
aiyoyo

Back to top Go down

Post by sherlock 04.07.13 18:40

The article on the Sky News website has now been rewritten and updated within the last 10 minutes, If you go and read it now there's no mention of The McCanns or their friends not being of interest.  Looks like Michelle Clifford (Sky reporter) may have actually read the SY statement properly this time!)
sherlock

Activity : 45

Back to top Go down

Post by Pershing36 04.07.13 18:41

ITV news 

Andy Redwood has made a statement and confirmed the Parents have been totally eliminated from the investigation.

Either they are innocent or it is a whitewash.  I can say no more but they gained top story on the ITV news.  

I can't believe there is going to be a Colombo style twist.

It is over as far as this investigation in my mind.  Can't see how anything else would come of it now.
Pershing36
Pershing36

Activity : 721

Back to top Go down

Post by Newintown 04.07.13 18:46

Pershing36 wrote:ITV news 

Andy Redwood has made a statement and confirmed the Parents have been totally eliminated from the investigation.
Either they are innocent or it is a whitewash.  I can say no more but they gained top story on the ITV news.  

I can't believe there is going to be a Colombo style twist.

It is over as far as this investigation in my mind.  Can't see how anything else would come of it now.

That's what I heard him say on the Sky 2.00 p.m. news and it was backed up by Graham Wettone, former MET police officer on the 3.30 news, I think it was. I thought I wasn't hearing things.

Newintown
Newintown

Back to top Go down

Post by MRNOODLES 04.07.13 18:46

bristow wrote:

Good post but if SY are looking at the case as if it had just happened I would have thought they would 'look' at the family first, isn't that what they do in the disappearance of somebody?

yep, you're probably right, but 'the family' aren't going anywhere. I'm just trying to stay positive in the hope that a thorough investigation builds a watertight case, so TM can't pick holes in it.
MRNOODLES
MRNOODLES

Activity : 1059

Back to top Go down

Page 8 of 19 Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 13 ... 19  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum