The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

SY ANNOUNCEMENT 2pm 4/7/13 - Page 9 Mm11

SY ANNOUNCEMENT 2pm 4/7/13 - Page 9 Regist10
The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

SY ANNOUNCEMENT 2pm 4/7/13 - Page 9 Mm11

SY ANNOUNCEMENT 2pm 4/7/13 - Page 9 Regist10

SY ANNOUNCEMENT 2pm 4/7/13

Page 9 of 19 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 14 ... 19  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

SY ANNOUNCEMENT 2pm 4/7/13 - Page 9 Empty Re: SY ANNOUNCEMENT 2pm 4/7/13

Post by bristow 05.07.13 3:47

Newintown wrote:
To find out what they've got on the McCanns and any one else which is hidden away in their files, so it can all be lost and put under a "D" notice for the future.
 What a terrifying thought!
bristow
bristow

Activity : 1007

Back to top Go down

Post by plebgate 05.07.13 3:52

MaryB wrote:Seems a very strange investigation indeed if the police do not want to re-interiew those very people who were among the very last to see Madeleine alive.  Still it's SY.  They must know what they're doing.

Good point, but maybe they have already re-interviewed them?

As somebody posted earlier, why do they need a family liaison officer to be assigned to them? Perhaps PeterMac will know if this is standard procedure?

Re. the police saying that The Tapas Crew + Mr. & Mrs. are not on the list of persons of interest. I believe the police did need to state this as perhaps the press would have had a field day with headlines if this had not been stated by Mr. Redwood.

As Russian Doll posted, let us hope that the Met do the best by Maddie.

Now that SY are officially investigating Maddie's disappearnce is there still a donate button on their website?

If I forget to add it to a post everything is In My Opinion and I don't know anything for sure.
roll
plebgate

Activity : 8938

Back to top Go down

Post by Pershing36 05.07.13 3:53

Newintown wrote:
Pershing36 wrote:ITV news 

Andy Redwood has made a statement and confirmed the Parents have been totally eliminated from the investigation.
Either they are innocent or it is a whitewash.  I can say no more but they gained top story on the ITV news.  

I can't believe there is going to be a Colombo style twist.

It is over as far as this investigation in my mind.  Can't see how anything else would come of it now.

That's what I heard him say on the Sky 2.00 p.m. news and it was backed up by Graham Wettone, former MET police officer on the 3.30 news, I think it was.  I thought I wasn't hearing things.

When you look at it, it was a no news story.   It was nothing new, just what has been said months before.  

The message was clear in my mind, to quash all the speculation of why the CPS are in Portugal. Seems SY and the powers to be follow this forum as well.

Guess this will have to be filled as an unexplained case.

Please does anyone still think this is not a whitewash?
Pershing36
Pershing36

Activity : 721

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 05.07.13 3:54

Spokesman for the McCanns, Clarence Mitchell, said: "Kate and Gerry warmly welcome this shift in the Metropolitan Police emphasis. They see it as a huge step forward in establishing what happened and hope that it will lead to bringing to justice whoever was responsible for Madeleine's abduction."

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/newstopics/madeleinemccann/10159633/Madeleine-McCann-Scotland-Yard-announces-fresh-investigation-as-police-seek-38-potential-suspects.html

IMO a very strange statement. No mention of their desire to be reunited with their little girl. Surely details and justice are what you look for after?
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

SY ANNOUNCEMENT 2pm 4/7/13 - Page 9 Empty “That dog, I say that dog’s strictly GI – gibberin idiot that is”

Post by The Rooster 05.07.13 3:55

The media are a bunch of w**kers, don't be taken in. Hobs is correct in his/ her assessment... The McCanns will be, if involved, captured by the Met. When I first heard the News Report on BBC Radio 2 my heart skipped a beat and I felt the blood drain from me. For the first time I realized what I had hitherto only passingly thought, now the whole grizzly tale of deceipt, hate, contempt and the whole 9 grey yards of filthy laundry would be aired for us all to see in public.

There are dark days ahead for sure and whilst the boys in blue will have the stomach for it I'm not sure I will. Justice for a little girl, I don't know about that one. If the parents are involved I see small justice only a void on the copybook of mankind.

OK Now get on with the job at hand Mr Redwood and bring in the right result.

The Rooster

Activity : 524

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 05.07.13 4:00

Can someone make sense of this. Andy Redwood says, (maybe not exactly word for word)

I'm hopeful when we pursue these lines of enquiry, we will be able to bring some sort of resolution, whether we will be able to solve it is a different issue, but I hope we will be able to move investigation on.

Some sort of resolution, but maybe not solve it....... what does that mean exactly.

http://www.itv.com/news/
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Newintown 05.07.13 4:01

bristow wrote:
Newintown wrote:
To find out what they've got on the McCanns and any one else which is hidden away in their files, so it can all be lost and put under a "D" notice for the future.
 What a terrifying thought!

The papers into the death/inquest of Dr David Kelly (weapons inspector) had a 100 years closure order slapped on it by Tony Bliar, now why would that be?

"Never trust an eyewitness whose memory gets better over time"

Newintown
Newintown

Activity : 1622

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 05.07.13 4:03

Pershing36 wrote:
Newintown wrote:

Andy Redwood has made a statement and confirmed the Parents have been totally eliminated from the investigation.
Either they are innocent or it is a whitewash.  I can say no more but they gained top story on the ITV news.  

It is over as far as this investigation in my mind.  Can't see how anything else would come of it now.

That's what I heard him say on the Sky 2.00 p.m. news and it was backed up by Graham Wettone, former MET police officer on the 3.30 news, I think it was.  I thought I wasn't hearing things.

When you look at it, it was a no news story.   It was nothing new, just what has been said months before.  

The message was clear in my mind, to quash all the speculation of why the CPS are in Portugal. Seems SY and the powers to be follow this forum as well.

This is what he says on ITV news website, nothing about being eliminated, just not the people that SY want to speak to..........

Scotland Yard has confirmed that Kate and Gerry McCann are not among the 38 people identified as "persons of interest".

The group that the McCanns were dining with in Praia da Luz on the night Madeleine went missing, are also not among the 38 people of interest.

Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by russiandoll 05.07.13 4:09

The words used to describe Maddie by SY are vanished, missing and disappeared.
   Nowhere, not on TV, not in the SY written statement, is the Tapas group mentioned, only a mention of K and G being updated. Standard procedure I would have thought as is having a FLO.

I would imagine that in a scheduled press briefing a few if not all reporters shouted out the question, upon hearing that there were 12 UK nationals on the list of persons of interest..." are Kate and Gerry and/or their holiday companions on the list?

To which, [ in order to avoid unwanted behaviour by the media, as was stated later , the answer was a simple "no."]

So as things stand, on 4th July 2013, the police appear to have indicated to reporters that they do not want to speak to the McCanns and friends.
This has been reported in word and print as
 The McCanns and friends have been eliminated.
 The McCanns and friends are not suspects.
  Mr Redwood did not speak of any suspects or any eliminations.
 Neither was the above mentioned in the written statement.

It is possible that the UK nationals of interest  plus the foreigners are people who were there at the time who might have something to say about the actions of other UK nationals not on the list...the tapas 9.

The great enemy of the truth is very often not the lie — deliberate,
contrived and dishonest — but the myth — persistent, persuasive and
unrealistic.
~John F. Kennedy

russiandoll
russiandoll

Activity : 4058

Back to top Go down

Post by Newintown 05.07.13 4:12

candyfloss wrote:
Pershing36 wrote:
Newintown wrote:

This is what he says on ITV news website, nothing about being eliminated, just not the people that SY want to speak to..........

Scotland Yard has confirmed that Kate and Gerry McCann are not among the 38 people identified as "persons of interest".

The group that the McCanns were dining with in Praia da Luz on the night Madeleine went missing, are also not among the 38 people of interest.

Andy Redwood has made a statement on TV which both I and Pershing 36 heard as in the top line above, underlined.   It was also repeated by Graham Wettone, former MET police officer in a later Sky News interview.

To my mind "totally eliminated from the investigation" means "totally eliminated" or does it have another meaning I'm missing the point of.

Newintown
Newintown

Back to top Go down

Post by PEANUT66 05.07.13 4:18

Hi all, Newbie here. I think with all that's happened lurkers are getting the courage to come onto the site and join in the discussion. I came across this site a couple of months ago, not really knowing anything about the case...All I can say now is WOW You couldn't even write a  fiction book with this!

I felt compelled after the latest revelations to give my opinion.

I think that Kate and Gerrys reaction speaks volumes...when have they ever been so quiet? When has Mr.Pink been so quiet?  The faces of the McCanns at poor Madeleine's virgil speaks louder than words.    I personally think there is so much more that is going on that hasn't been said.  The way the statement is worded has been chosen VERY carefully.

I myself along with all you good people on here just want justice for "the little girl with no voice"smilie
PEANUT66

Activity : 70

Back to top Go down

Post by russiandoll 05.07.13 4:19

Merely was saying what I read and heard. Third party references to eliminations which were not in anything I read or heard directly from DCI Redwood.
 It might well be the case that the 9 are not of interest, or were of interest and have been eliminated, it is the case that I did not hear this in anything I saw of Redwood speaking.

unrealistic.
~John F. Kennedy

russiandoll
russiandoll

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 05.07.13 4:21

PEANUT66 wrote:Hi all, Newbie here. I think with all that's happened lurkers are getting the courage to come onto the site and join in the discussion. I came across this site a couple of months ago, not really knowing anything about the case...All I can say now is WOW You couldn't even write a  fiction book with this!

I felt compelled after the latest revelations to give my opinion.

I think that Kate and Gerrys reaction speaks volumes...when have they ever been so quiet? When has Mr.Pink been so quiet?  The faces of the McCanns at poor Madeleine's virgil speaks louder than words.    I personally think there is so much more that is going on that hasn't been said.  The way the statement is worded has been chosen VERY carefully.

I myself along with all you good people on here just want justice for "the little girl with no voice"smilie

welcome  PEANUT66
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

SY ANNOUNCEMENT 2pm 4/7/13 - Page 9 Empty Radio 4 Interview on PM with Eddie Mair

Post by Woofer 05.07.13 4:22

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b0368kpq

It had the top slot on PM this evening ahead of Egypt problems.

Quite a lengthy piece including an interview with Mark Williams-Thomas.

Activity : 3508

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 05.07.13 4:23

russiandoll wrote:Merely was saying what I read and heard. Third party references to eliminations which were not in anything I read or heard directly from DCI Redwood.
 It might well be the case that the 9 are not of interest, or were of interest and have been eliminated, it is the case that I did not hear this in anything I saw of Redwood speaking.

Did Andy Redwood actually say this or did the reporter say he said it. Big difference.

Just wish I could find a direct quote to it. All I can find is this from the ITV but not a direct quote from Andy Redwood, yet there are direct quotes from him in the piece but this is not...

They have ruled out any involvement of Kate and Gerry McCann or the seven friends who were holidaying with them.

http://www.itv.com/news/2013-07-04/british-investigation-focused-on-answering-madeleine-mccann-questions/
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by jd 05.07.13 4:26

aiyoyo wrote:
Just ask yourself why the Portuguese should or would oblige the CPS or the UK Government just to satisfy MET whitewash (if that is the objective)?

https://jillhavern.forumotion.net/t7353-portugal-on-brink-of-collapse#165302

Activity : 4400

Back to top Go down

Post by russiandoll 05.07.13 4:33

I am waiting for the person who heard Redwood talk about elimination of tapas 9 in his interview with tv to show me when and where, because I saw it and never heard anything of the sort, just talk of 38 people who were there at the time. The tapas lot might well have been eliminated, but contrary to what twitter is buzzing with, I do not think Redwood said that, but the media.
 As always I stand to be corrected!

just on Sky, detectives have said that Kate and Gerry McCann are not on the list of 12 people of interest to them.

That does not mention elimination. That is the conclusion some media are jumping to for a reason why not of interest.

There could be a few reasons why at this point the parents are not of interest.
  One... the police know all they need to know for their investigation.
  They might be of interest at some time in the future
  unless they have been eliminated.
 The tapas friends not of interest, when 3 of them were in the vicinity of 5a prior to the child being "abducted "? Pull the other one.
 If the pals have been questioned and eliminated, they must have come up with the goods, or the Met are stupid or corrupt.

as someone succinctly put it on twitter....big news, the investigators are investigating.

It will all come out in the [ hopefully not white ] wash.

unrealistic.
~John F. Kennedy

russiandoll
russiandoll

Back to top Go down

Post by MRNOODLES 05.07.13 4:40

The news loop has just gone around on SSN.

Absolutely nothing about being eliminated, just that the McCanns are not the ones on the latest suspect list.
MRNOODLES
MRNOODLES

Activity : 1059

Back to top Go down

Post by Newintown 05.07.13 4:42

russiandoll wrote:I am waiting for the person who heard Redwood talk about elimination of tapas 9 in his interview with tv to show me when and where, because I saw it and never heard anything of the sort, just talk of 38 people who were there at the time. The tapas lot might well have been eliminated, but contrary to what twitter is buzzing with, I do not think Redwood said that, but the media.
 As always I stand to be corrected!

That's what I believe I heard Redwood say, although it's 5 hours ago now and I don't have any recording equipment to record these interviews.  That's why I was so enraged when I heard the interview.   Graham Wettone, former MET police officer, actually said "the McCanns and their holidays friends are not under any suspicion".

So how would you interpret it?

Newintown
Newintown

Back to top Go down

Post by Clouseau 05.07.13 4:43

Hi all

always looking in everyday

sorry to say Redwood defo said all the gang eliminated .....sky news at 5pm heard it with my own ears ......
Clouseau
Clouseau

Activity : 50

Back to top Go down

Post by plebgate 05.07.13 4:46

If they had already spoken to Tapas crew, then of course they would not be in the list of 38 persons of interest. I also would like to see a link of A. Redwood re. the eliminagtion comment.

Can anybody tell me why it would be standard practice to have a FLO wtih Mr. & Mrs?

Thanks for posting the link jd to the portugal crisis thread, was one of the first things I thought.

Please let someone from Portugal let us know what is happening with the libel trial.smilie 

If I forget to add it to a post everything is In My Opinion and I don't know anything for sure.
roll
plebgate

Back to top Go down

Post by Newintown 05.07.13 4:49

The official Madeleine site won't open up, the little blue circle just keeps going round and round.   I was going to check if they still have the donate buttons, all 4 of them, on there.

It's either been overloaded with thousands of insane people wishing to give their hard earned cash and it's crashed (thanks to Redwood and his "please keep looking for Madeleine" statement) or something else has happened to it.

Newintown
Newintown

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 05.07.13 4:49

In August 2007 the PJ said that the Mccanns were not suspects in relation to the disappearance of their daughter.

And then look what happened.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by russiandoll 05.07.13 4:52

ok, thanks for that, I must have seen an edited interview.

That is that then.
 Let us hope that they publish the results of their findings.

I only hope that if the Met have done right in this elimination, that it is based on reliable evidence we have not seen.
 If they have done it for other reasons, shame on them.

There will probably now be an attempt to close forums debating this case unless there is an agreement not to debate parental involvement.

And I am not sure who has primacy in this case.. I would have thought still rests with Portugal. If they disagree on the new evidence, they could still refuse to reopen? Can the Met continue alone when the crime was committed abroad?
 My head is addled with this now.

unrealistic.
~John F. Kennedy

russiandoll
russiandoll

Back to top Go down

Post by plebgate 05.07.13 4:54

Thanks for looking if the donate buttons were still up Newintown. I don't see how anybody would donate now that the police are officially investigating.

Would they even be allowed to have PIs investigating now that the police have an ongoing investigation?

roll
plebgate

Back to top Go down

Page 9 of 19 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 14 ... 19  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum