The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

Fairy tales - Page 2 Mm11

Fairy tales - Page 2 Regist10
The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

Fairy tales - Page 2 Mm11

Fairy tales - Page 2 Regist10

Fairy tales

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Fairy tales - Page 2 Empty I think she thinks..

Post by tigger 12.08.11 16:51

Jean wrote:You've taken the words (or the wine?) out of my mouth Pauline. I was about to say that I feel that the trivial details are to encourage us to believe that she remembers every little thing that happened and that they all must be true.

I think Kate put these things in for ordinary mortals like us. She may assume we're mad keen to know every little details of their lives.
Just like fans do with celebrities. That's the feeling I get, celebrity page of the Mail!
tigger
tigger

Activity : 8532

http://fytton.blogspot.nl/

Back to top Go down

Fairy tales - Page 2 Empty Re: Fairy tales

Post by pauline 12.08.11 17:01

I'm only surprised that she didn't mention the specific details of the wine - year - grape -vineyard etc.

that would have been a good 'marketing ploy'. She could have got some money off the NZ Wine Board for the plug - to use for searching for Madeleine of course.
pauline
pauline

Activity : 557

Back to top Go down

Fairy tales - Page 2 Empty A nice little earner for the McCanns?

Post by Guest 12.08.11 17:53

I'm surprised that the New Zealand wine industry hasn't spotted a good marketing ploy and signed them up to be the public face of their product. It certainly must be a very memorable tasting experience if, after the shattering trauma of the loss of their daughter, they still remembered exactly what it was they were drinking.

Fairy tales - Page 2 50899

P.S. Sorry Pauline I've just noticed you said more or less the same thing but I didn't spot it until now.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by PeterMac 12.08.11 17:58

pauline wrote:I'm only surprised that she didn't mention the specific details of the wine - year - grape -vineyard etc.
that would have been a good 'marketing ploy'. She could have got some money off the NZ Wine Board for the plug - to use for searching for Madeleine of course.
They did, indirectly.
http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/world/europe/article3040094.ece
"That evening, Thursday, May 3, at just after 8pm, by their account, Kate and Gerry McCann were having a glass of wine together in apartment 5a on the ground floor of Block 5 of the Waterside Village Gardens at the Ocean Club. SNIP. Gerry had bought the wine at the Baptista supermarket, 200 yards down the hill. They had lived and worked in New Zealand for a year and that particular bottle, Montana sauvignon blanc, was their favourite."
PeterMac
PeterMac
Investigator

Activity : 16595

http://whatreallyhappenedtomadeleinemccann.blogspot.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post by PeterMac 12.08.11 19:05

PeterMac wrote:
pauline wrote:I'm only surprised that she didn't mention the specific details of the wine - year - grape -vineyard etc.
They did, indirectly.
http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/world/europe/article3040094.ece
"That evening, Thursday, May 3, at just after 8pm, by their account, Kate and Gerry McCann were having a glass of wine together in apartment 5a on the ground floor of Block 5 of the Waterside Village Gardens at the Ocean Club. SNIP. Gerry had bought the wine at the Baptista supermarket, 200 yards down the hill. They had lived and worked in New Zealand for a year and that particular bottle, Montana sauvignon blanc, was their favourite."
But so far as I can see, Katey doesn't mention it in the novel book.
p. 53 "After putting the children to bed, Gerry and I showered, dressed and sat down with a glass of wine before heading over to the Tapas restaurant, booked for eight-thirty."
p. 69 "We then sat down together in the sitting room for three-quarters of an hour or so and relaxed with a drink."
PeterMac
PeterMac
Investigator

Back to top Go down

Post by PeterMac 12.08.11 22:01

Possibly a quesiton of making sure the novel book appeals to all sectors of the unthinking public and that no one could be too critical of their habits.
(Drinking habits, that is, not abandoning-children habits)
The inclusion of the exact label might just have stuck in the craws of some readers. This was on pages 52 and 69, so a full 60 pages before everyone's craws became blocked with their own vomit.
PeterMac
PeterMac
Investigator

Back to top Go down

Post by lj 13.08.11 5:06

Kate is such a prol, she keeps on trying to sneek in that she is used to, and only want the best.

Sadly she gives herself away in an awful manner, clearly thinking that what the yuppie world tells her is the best.Fairy tales - Page 2 213589

http://pjga.blogspot.co.uk/?m=0

lj
lj

Activity : 3590

Back to top Go down

Fairy tales - Page 2 Empty re fairy tales

Post by russiandoll 17.09.11 11:42

ah peter mac.....indeed indeed, but did a not yet 4 yr old have wonderful grammar for her age......"why didn't you come when Sean and I cried last night?" not only by putting herself second and not first as the joint subject of this plural verb, she did not say what most kids of ehr age would say...." me" insead of " I " !
russiandoll
russiandoll

Activity : 4058

Back to top Go down

Fairy tales - Page 2 Empty lovely!

Post by tigger 17.09.11 13:56

russiandoll wrote:ah peter mac.....indeed indeed, but did a not yet 4 yr old have wonderful grammar for her age......"why didn't you come when Sean and I cried last night?" not only by putting herself second and not first as the joint subject of this plural verb, she did not say what most kids of ehr age would say...." me" insead of " I " !

Gerry said she was 'very articulate' but early on in the affair I read that her speech was below average for her age. don't know where, sorry.
Yes, it struck me that children do not remark things 'in passing', they ask, they tell you. When I see these two sitting there waffling on about 'it was just a passing remark, you know...'

Other things children don't say are: 'Mummy, I've had the best day ever'. Also in the bewk. This awareness of time, past and future does not occur to a 4 yr. old.
They say, ' Can we do it again tomorrow, Mummy'

Also in the book, Maddie had learned a little dance and she said she would show Mummy the next day. Children do not wait to show any new thing, even less likely to make an appointment with their mother to demonstrate new dance steps some time in the future.

Activity : 8532

http://fytton.blogspot.nl/

Back to top Go down

Post by PeterMac 17.09.11 23:37

russiandoll wrote:ah peter mac.....indeed indeed, but did a not yet 4 yr old have wonderful grammar for her age......"why didn't you come when Sean and I cried last night?" not only by putting herself second and not first as the joint subject of this plural verb, she did not say what most kids of her age would say...." me" insead of " I " !

And incidentally what both Kate and Gerry would have said, "... why didn't you come when Sean and ME cried." Their backgrounds are clear, and in case anyone thinks that is a minus, quite the contrary. For children from poor and ill-educated backgrounds to aspire to and then to achieve education and membership of a profession is wonderful.
But the McCanns' grammar betrays their roots.
You can rise above it. My father did.
Good grammar and RP are the answer to social mobility in Britain.

But what it also reveals is that the book was very, VERY, heavily edited after proof reading. The grammar was largely sorted out, the content was no doubt vetted by C-R, and other interested people, which leaves as a surprise why so much stuff was left in.
PeterMac
PeterMac
Investigator

Back to top Go down

Fairy tales - Page 2 Empty The fabricated "where were you...." statement

Post by Guest 18.09.11 9:53

This originally started out as "me and Sean" or "Sean and me" as a child would say but, as PeterMac says, the grammatically correct version appears in the book. Here's a link to an article from 2008 with the original version.

http://truthformadeleine.com/2008/04/where-were-you-that-night-kate-what-grandmother-said-after-she-was-told-that-madeleine-had-been-snatched/
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by PeterMac 18.09.11 23:12

Marian wrote:This originally started out as "me and Sean" or "Sean and me" as a child would say but, as PeterMac says, the grammatically correct version appears in the book. Here's a link to an article from 2008 with the original version.
[url=http://truthformadeleine.com/2008/04/where-were-you-that-night-kate-what-grandmother-said-after-she-was-told-that-madeleine-had-been-snatched/]
exactly.
"Mrs McCann’s leaked witness statement revealed Madeleine and Sean were crying in their bedroom on the night of May 2, and that Madeleine asked the next morning: ‘Mummy, why didn’t you come when Sean and me were crying?’"
That is how the parents speak, and therefore how their children speak. And that is how Kate would have reported it, and put it in a witness statement.
I suppose we have to be thankful she didn't say "When Sean and me was crying."
The book has been cleaned up. "Education" and standard English grammar have been added by someone. And some of the facts have probably gone missing in the process.
PeterMac
PeterMac
Investigator

Back to top Go down

Post by jd 19.09.11 0:12

PeterMac wrote:
Marian wrote:This originally started out as "me and Sean" or "Sean and me" as a child would say but, as PeterMac says, the grammatically correct version appears in the book. Here's a link to an article from 2008 with the original version.
[url=http://truthformadeleine.com/2008/04/where-were-you-that-night-kate-what-grandmother-said-after-she-was-told-that-madeleine-had-been-snatched/]
exactly.
"Mrs McCann’s leaked witness statement revealed Madeleine and Sean were crying in their bedroom on the night of May 2, and that Madeleine asked the next morning: ‘Mummy, why didn’t you come when Sean and me were crying?’"
That is how the parents speak, and therefore how their children speak. And that is how Kate would have reported it, and put it in a witness statement.
I suppose we have to be thankful she didn't say "When Sean and me was crying."
The book has been cleaned up. "Education" and standard English grammar have been added by someone. And some of the facts have probably gone missing in the process.

All of which has been verified by the responsible and professional company Carter Ruck!

Activity : 4400

Back to top Go down

Post by Gillyspot 19.09.11 8:03

Carter-Ruck would only have been looking at whether Kate was libelling anyone I am sure. Mind they let her get away with abusing the Portuguese Police - wish they would sue her!
Gillyspot
Gillyspot

Activity : 1622

Back to top Go down

Fairy tales - Page 2 Empty fantasy novels

Post by russiandoll 19.09.11 18:30

Kates insulting comparison of 2 portuguese police officers to Tweedle dum and Tweedle dee got me thinking, I feel after reading her book that I have fallen down a rabbit hole into a parallel universe. and who would play the characters at the mad hatters tea party I wonder ...

actually, lets get all life on mars here.....get the gene genie on the case.
russiandoll
russiandoll

Activity : 4058

Back to top Go down

Fairy tales - Page 2 Empty Alice Through the Looking Glass

Post by Gillyspot 19.09.11 22:11

Tweedle Dee & Tweedle Dum were from Alice through the Looking Glass

My choice of character for Kate is The Queen of Hearts "Off with her head" tongue
Gerry could be the Cheshire Cat - he has that type of smirk that makes you want to slap him sometimes.
Gillyspot
Gillyspot

Back to top Go down

Post by jd 19.09.11 22:22

Gillyspot wrote:
Gerry could be the Cheshire Cat - he has that type of smirk that makes you want to slap him sometimes.
lol!

Activity : 4400

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 19.09.11 22:25

Didn't the Cheshire Cat disappear until only its smile was left? In the case of Gerry that is still a horrible prospect but I suppose it's better than all of him!

Fairy tales - Page 2 50899

I see Clarence as the Mad Hatter.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Fairy tales - Page 2 Empty Sleeping beauty

Post by frank zappa 19.09.11 23:23

Sleeping beauty spings to mind for me. If I remember correctly the Queen has her trolls searching for an infant despite the fact time has gone on and she (sleeping beauty) has reached adulthood. Ring any bells?

Activity : 103

Back to top Go down

Post by Joss 19.09.11 23:28

As the thread title asks "Why do innocent parents of a missing child need to lie"? There is no reason in such a case to lie to authorities when a child goes missing. Not unless you are trying to cover up the truth of what really happened. I really don't even think that guilt of leaving your child or children unattended in such a scenario would be a reason to lie. Lying is only necessary when there is something to hide, unless the McCanns are just pathological liars and have a history of telling lies? Liars are people that can't be trusted, IMO.

Activity : 2154

Back to top Go down

Post by Gillyspot 20.09.11 8:05

They clearly have lied!. The shutters episode (which the pro's deny) is evidence or how did so many of Team McCann make the same "innocent" mistake in saying the shutters were broken/damaged/jemmied/jimmied. Just because shutters weren't really damaged and this fact was confirmed before the official PJ statements on 4/5/07 were taken doesn't make it not true that they said this.

Gillyspot
Gillyspot

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top