The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

The grey stone slab Mm11

The grey stone slab Regist10
The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

The grey stone slab Mm11

The grey stone slab Regist10

The grey stone slab

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

solved The grey stone slab

Post by rainbow-fairy 27.09.11 8:25

May 5th, 07. p 105 'I cried out I could see her lying cold and mottled on a large grey stone slab'*
Now, this is 'supposedly' from a 'horrible vision' Kate had of the fate of .Madeleine. Call me strange if you will, but a 'large grey stone slab' is NOT the first thing I would imagine if I thought my child had been 'abducted by a paedophile ! Dumped in the woods, or a field perhaps.
I know everybody is different, but to me a 'stone slab' seems so far removed from the 'supposed reality' that it makes me think it is something K actually WITNESSED, not hallucinated.
It gave me chills the first time I read it, on The Sun, it made me feel truly sick and I thought for one odd moment K was publicly confessing to what happened to MBM!
Then again, MAYBE she WAS, in a round about way?

Any thoughts on this much appreciated. For me, this a stand out comment, much more so than the infamous p. 129 comment.

*may be slightly paraphrased, don't have the book personally.

Truth is artless and innocent - like the eloquence of nature, it is clothed with simplicity and easy persuasion; always open to investigation and analysis, it seeks exposure because it fears not detection.

NORMAN MACDONALD, Maxims and Moral Reflections.
rainbow-fairy
rainbow-fairy

Activity : 2140

Back to top Go down

solved Re: The grey stone slab

Post by Mini Slueth 27.09.11 8:29

Hi rainbow fairy.

Could she be referring to a post portem slab???

Also, the church in Portugal where they were staying was having some floor work done while they were there......
Maybe thats the stone slab she means???? Just my own thoughts...nothing concrete in what i have said (pardon the pun)
Mini Slueth
Mini Slueth

Activity : 115

Back to top Go down

Post by rainbow-fairy 27.09.11 9:18

Mini Slueth wrote:Hi rainbow fairy.

Could she be referring to a post mortem slab???

Also, the church in Portugal where they were staying was having some floor work done while they were there......
Maybe thats the stone slab she means???? Just my own thoughts...nothing concrete in what i have said (pardon the pun)

Hey Mini Sleuth, I liked the pun ;-)
I instantly thought of the church, and their friendship with the vicars. In light of fact the Vatican no longer support them and Fr Pacheco is allegedly 'a broken man' - I wonder did he discover M in the church?
He does say now that he was 'lied to by McC's'

I did briefly consider a mortuary slab, but -i'm reliably informed they are metal?

Truth is artless and innocent - like the eloquence of nature, it is clothed with simplicity and easy persuasion; always open to investigation and analysis, it seeks exposure because it fears not detection.

rainbow-fairy
rainbow-fairy

Back to top Go down

Post by PeterMac 27.09.11 9:52

"I was crying out that I could see Madeleine lying, cold and mottled, on a big grey stone slab."

Some mortuary tables are heavy white ceramic.
PeterMac
PeterMac
Investigator

Activity : 16596

http://whatreallyhappenedtomadeleinemccann.blogspot.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post by Gillyspot 27.09.11 11:35

My thoughts were either somwhere up on the Rocha Negra or a tombestone in the church. Either way not something I would have shared with the world.
Gillyspot
Gillyspot

Activity : 1622

Back to top Go down

Post by rainbow-fairy 27.09.11 12:49

Gillyspot wrote:My thoughts were either somwhere up on the Rocha Negra or a tombestone in the church. Either way not something I would have shared with the world.

Is the Rocha Negra the 'rocks'???

No, I wouldn't have shared it either. It's the word 'slab' that got me - that sounds so definite? Which is what makes me think it WAS NOT a vision but a reality. My first reaction was one of those rectangular 'altar-type' tombstones?

rainbow-fairy
rainbow-fairy

Back to top Go down

solved Rocha Negra

Post by Guest 27.09.11 12:58

Here's a picture of it.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/vitor107/2320111011/

Is the literal meaning "black rocks"?
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by rainbow-fairy 27.09.11 13:46

PeterMac wrote:"I was crying out that I could see Madeleine lying, cold and mottled, on a big grey stone slab."

Some mortuary tables are heavy white ceramic.

Thanks, PeterMac, I do appreciate being corrected when I'm wrong (happens lots nowadays)!

Do you have any take on whether it was truly a 'vision' or not a la p.129?

rainbow-fairy
rainbow-fairy

Back to top Go down

Post by lj 27.09.11 14:33

Could it be just a figure of speech?

http://pjga.blogspot.co.uk/?m=0

lj
lj

Activity : 3590

Back to top Go down

Post by rainbow-fairy 27.09.11 14:45

lj wrote:Could it be just a figure of speech?
Hi lj, certainly not a figure of speech I've ever heard of???

rainbow-fairy
rainbow-fairy

Back to top Go down

Post by rainbow-fairy 27.09.11 15:31

Jean wrote:Here's a picture of it.

Jean, thanks for the link to the lovely photo, yes the literal meaning iS ,black rocks, you are correct.
Do you know if these are the same as those that K refers to as 'her rocks'?

rainbow-fairy
rainbow-fairy

Back to top Go down

Post by rainbow-fairy 27.09.11 15:32

Jean, thanks for the link to the lovely photo, yes the literal meaning iS ,black rocks, you are correct.

rainbow-fairy
rainbow-fairy

Back to top Go down

Post by lj 27.09.11 16:05

I have heard it in the New England area, although I have to admit it was most of the time followed by the "with pennies on your eyes" which is from Irish heritage, I believe.

http://pjga.blogspot.co.uk/?m=0

lj
lj

Activity : 3590

Back to top Go down

Post by rainbow-fairy 27.09.11 16:36

lj wrote:I have heard it in the New England area, although I have to admit it was most of the time followed by the "with pennies on your eyes" which is from Irish heritage, I believe.

So what would the full expression be, if it included 'with pennies on your eyes', and what would it actually mean?
Sorry lj you'll have to forgive me, I'm not usually so obtuse! I think the sun has gone to my head - it's been V hot where I am today! :-)

rainbow-fairy
rainbow-fairy

Back to top Go down

solved Pennies from heaven?

Post by Guest 27.09.11 20:26

I've heard of the expression about pennies on the eyes in the context as in this link:

http://www.phrases.org.uk/bulletin_board/58/messages/1694.html

I don't know of any connection with black rocks though.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 27.09.11 20:50

When I think of a grey stone slab, I think of an altar in church or the stone plate that covers a grave.
It is indeed a weird picture to have. Would have been more logical for Kate to think of bushes, or a ditch, or underneath a cover of a sewer, of the bottom of the sea ... Etc. Sorry, sad subject.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by rainbow-fairy 27.09.11 21:08

Juulcy wrote:When I think of a grey stone slab, I think of an altar in church or the stone plate that covers a grave.
It is indeed a weird picture to have. Would have been more logical for Kate to think of bushes, or a ditch, or underneath a cover of a sewer, of the bottom of the sea ... Etc. Sorry, sad subject.
EXACTLY Juulcy, my thoughts down to the last letter!
Like so many of the McC's statements, reactions and body language tells there is something really 'off', IMO.
Yes, it is a sad subject, but the whole sorry story of MBM is also.
It just stinks. Poor Maddie deserves justice, and I just hope againt hope she gets it, somehow.

rainbow-fairy
rainbow-fairy

Back to top Go down

Post by dentdelion 27.09.11 21:58

The term 'pennies on your eyes' would refer to the habit of placing pennies on a body after death.... I suppose to ensure eyes stayed closed? a penny was a large coin and about the right size to cover a closed eye.

dentdelion
dentdelion

Activity : 135

Back to top Go down

Post by Gillyspot 27.09.11 22:13

rainbow-fairy wrote:

I think "her rocks" are just a rocky area of the beach where not many people go but I think they are towards the Rocha Negra.

Just a thought. How come the press did leave the McCanns alone to go running, playing on the beach with the kids, food shopping etc? The story was MASSIVE so even if the journos and photographers employed by the media held off the freelancers surely wouldn't. Would they? I would have expected 1000's of photos every day yet there are so very few really (when you think about it).
Gillyspot
Gillyspot

Back to top Go down

solved Interesting

Post by Guest 27.09.11 22:16

The grey stone slab Katiec10

It's very interesting, I never thought about that before. "I couldn't help myself. And all of this needed to come out. I dread to think what it might have done to me if it hadn't." Is Katie trying to justify something that she said at the time I wonder?
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Gillyspot 27.09.11 22:30

Molly wrote:The grey stone slab Katiec10

It's very interesting, I never thought about that before. "I couldn't help myself. And all of this needed to come out. I dread to think what it might have done to me if it hadn't." Is Katie trying to justify something that she said at the time I wonder?

Or Did Molly?

Kate appears to have such vivid unpleasant "dreams" of the horrific things that could have befallen Madeleine (and if she truly had been abducted - could well have) yet both Kate and Gerry still insists there is "no evidence" of any harm coming to her. Which is a true expression of her "honest" feelings regarding Madeleine's fate as they surely both cannot be?

"No evidence" being correct ONLY if you ignore the dogs findings, the deleted calls, the changing timelines, locked unlocked doors & windows etc. (Oh and you believe in invisible Jane Tanner.
Gillyspot
Gillyspot

Back to top Go down

Post by rainbow-fairy 28.09.11 7:24

Gillyspot wrote:
Molly wrote:The grey stone slab Katiec10

Or Did Molly?

Kate appears to have such vivid unpleasant "dreams" of the horrific things that could have befallen Madeleine (and if she truly had been abducted - could well have) yet both Kate and Gerry still insists there is "no evidence" of any harm coming to her. Which is a true expression of her "honest" feelings regarding Madeleine's fate as they surely both cannot be?

"No evidence" being correct ONLY if you ignore the dogs findings, the deleted calls, the changing timelines, locked unlocked doors & windows etc. (Oh and you believe in invisible Jane Tanner.

Quite, Gillyspot! Frankly, it makes me sick when they repeat, ad nauseum ' there is no evidence to SUGGEST she has come to any harm' er, I would say if you think your daughter has been abducted by paedophiles, that is suggestion enough she has come to quite significant harm (unless, of course, you don't believe that paedophile activities harm children?!?) So perhaps 'there is no evidence to PROVE she has come to any harm' might be better? But - that isn't true either - there is Eddie and Keela, for starters, FSS first, correct report (before they were leant on to, er, 'contaminate' the samples etc). I doubt even Gerry could say that with a straight face, a definite sneer would have to creep in.

Maybe, re the slab, Kate just has a VERY VIVID recall imagination, but then again, maybe not. I certainly do, yet of all the scenario's that could 'go' with an 'abducted' child, a grey stone slab has never featured, not once... It's the church. But is it another 'red herring'?

rainbow-fairy
rainbow-fairy

Back to top Go down

solved Red Herring

Post by tigger 28.09.11 7:38

It's a very cinematic image. I wonder what films she was watching for pointers. The woman has no imagination, this is normal for sociopathic personalities.
Also, they were photographed against the sky, sitting on the rocks nearby? Romantic and yet sad at the same time, the 'star-crossed' couple.

Activity : 8532

http://fytton.blogspot.nl/

Back to top Go down

Post by PeterMac 28.09.11 8:18

dentdelion wrote:The term 'pennies on your eyes' would refer to the habit of placing pennies on a body after death.... I suppose to ensure eyes stayed closed? ....
I think it was to pay Charon, the ferry man across the Styx.
If you couldn't pay you wandered the shore for a hundred years.
PeterMac
PeterMac
Investigator

Activity : 16596

Back to top Go down

Post by rainbow-fairy 28.09.11 8:54

tigger wrote:It's a very cinematic image. I wonder what films she was watching for pointers. The woman has no imagination, this is normal for sociopathic personalities.
Also, they were photographed against the sky, sitting on the rocks nearby? Romantic and yet sad at the same time, the 'star-crossed' couple.

And all together now, ahhhhh.....

Never thought about it like that, tigger. Probably setting the 'dramatic scenes' for Madeleine - the Movie' is released coming to a cinema near you - ALL PROCEEDS WILL GO TO paying our mortgage THE SEARCH FOR MADELEINE FUND...nothing is more important than blah blah blah

rainbow-fairy
rainbow-fairy

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top