The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

McCanns were broke in 2007 - Page 3 Mm11

McCanns were broke in 2007 - Page 3 Regist10
The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

McCanns were broke in 2007 - Page 3 Mm11

McCanns were broke in 2007 - Page 3 Regist10

McCanns were broke in 2007

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic View next topic Go down

McCanns were broke in 2007 - Page 3 Empty Re: McCanns were broke in 2007

Post by Guest 02.01.14 10:57

Hobs wrote:She fell pregnant after being implanted with more embryos (p. 24) and then (p. 25): "My pregnancy was totally without complication".

If this was a direct quite from the book then she has just told us more than one embryo was implanted which is usual hence the risk of a multiple pregnancy with IVF.

Could this mean that Maddie was herself a twin especially since it says the pregnancy was without complication.

Yes, Hobs.  I wasn't aware that Kate had said this, but on another thread a few weeks ago when discussing cerebral palsy I suggested M. was a surviving twin, the other not surviving early on in the pregnancy.  The pregnancy itself could have proceeded without complication.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by tigger 02.01.14 12:00

McCanns were broke in 2007 - Page 3 Empty

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bRJxOzdvp2k&feature=player_embedded#!

Gerry going back to work...

Activity : 8532

http://fytton.blogspot.nl/

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 02.01.14 12:07

tigger wrote:McCanns were broke in 2007 - Page 3 Empty

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bRJxOzdvp2k&feature=player_embedded#!

Gerry going back to work...

And?
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 02.01.14 12:08

I wonder if the reporter who asked a question about the mortgage payments (around 0.50) has returned from exile yet!

Can anyone decipher the question right at the end which also upset his holiness?
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by tigger 02.01.14 14:26

No Fate Worse Than De'Ath wrote:I wonder if the reporter who asked a question about the mortgage payments (around 0.50) has returned from exile yet!

Can anyone decipher the question right at the end which also upset his holiness?

I can't make it out except he answers thathe doesn't know anything about it.  Just after that Pinky walks behind him.

somebody asked him how the patients would react to him. big grin

Also love his  'trial period'  bitof MRI, bit of academic work (reading the big book of symptoms)  and then see how he gets on as if he 's a work experience school leaver. Please dont tell me he's forgotten most of his medical training.

This must be November 2007,  so six months after compassionate leave started. i should think he was paid during that time.
Wonder if the overall survival rate went up during that time.
I'm also remembering that clip of Gerry with a patient in 'madeleine was here' ...

Back to top Go down

Post by notlongnow 02.01.14 16:39

Is there any known reason why they would be broke in 2007?
notlongnow

Activity : 541

Back to top Go down

Post by stumo 02.01.14 18:29

notlongnow wrote:Is there any known reason why they would be broke in 2007?

No, or this thread wouldn't exist.
stumo
stumo

Activity : 159

Back to top Go down

Post by sonic72 02.01.14 19:40

pauline wrote:
Anna wrote:I can't believe that a doctor in his position was only living from one month to the next and wouldn't have anything in the bank for rainy days. Most people, surely, have at least a couple of months back-up. He also worked at Spire Hospital which is private and would pay more per hour than Glenfield.

I've worked in finance for many years and believe me you cannot assume people have money because they are professional and on an appropriate salary.  Sometimes its the people with modest incomes who have significant savings because they don't spend.  People are different.  Generous people regardless of their actual income in my experience rarely have much saved.  As I have posted earlier, I think the IVF treatments could have left the McCanns with a loan other than the mortgage loan on their house.

Does anyone know what the takehome pay of a married man would be on £75000 after tax and national insurance?
I would have thought, if you worked in finance for many years, you would be able to answer your own question?!

sonic72
sonic72

Activity : 416

Back to top Go down

Post by sonic72 02.01.14 19:56

Their mortgage was hardly large, £2000 isn't a big sum for two doctors.

Their combined wages would have allowed them to easily afford the repayments and live quite comfortably.

They were able to afford the holiday in PDL, and if you were tight for cash you would not go on holiday.

The reason why the didnt use a listening service was nothing to do with them not being able to afford to, if they were not able to afford to then they would not have been dining out and drinking every night when their kids were left home alone.

They have been on many holidays with their friends in recent years, again an indicator that year on year finances were not that tight.

Gerry allegedly reported his wallet, including credit cards as stolen, so he had access to a credit card.

People with their incomings, who were able to obtain a mortgage and a credit card would have had the facility to operate an overdraft, a big one at that with their combined incomes, and also re-mortgaging was a possibility.

We know they both got at least 2 months free pay whilst they were in PDL, and this excludes any pay they were owed for work already completed, and excludes any savings they had. One would expect them to have had savings, unless they were winging their whole holiday on credit?! Doubtful.

So their combined 2 months free pay would have paid the mortgage for a good few months, and that excludes any wages owed, or any of their other financial options that were available to them.

They had many options to legitimately pay for their mortgage, for many months, well beyond July, and to be dipping into the fund after 2 months is fraudulent because it was a fund set up to search for their daughter only, and not to pay for their mortgage because they could not be bothered to use the other normal financial means that were available to them.

There are absolutely no excuses to be using the fund money in July to pay their mortgage.

sonic72
sonic72

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 02.01.14 19:58

Correct me, if I'm wrong, but weren't the IVF treatments in NL for free ...?
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by sonic72 02.01.14 20:09

UK IVF is only about £4,000 to £8,000 per cycle, which is not a lot for two doctors. Even if they incurred some initial debt, they could have paid it off quickly with their salaries.

I would expect Holland it is even cheaper, and also they do free schemes if you donate eggs/sperm.

They have been working as doctors for many years, they should have built up a stash of cash, and were also able to save for a deposit on their house, so IVF would not have broken the bank for them.

I dont believe they were skint, and do believe they abused the fund.

sonic72
sonic72

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 02.01.14 20:30

that would depend on their own insurance, because the dutch basic health insurance system was there from the first of january 2006.
before that they would as a doctor had most likely a salary that had to take out private insurance covering. only under 33.000 euro you could apply for the health service. or he must had earn a lot less as a trainee, wasn't he paid from a sort of grand. 

i remember that for a lot of things covered by private health insurance there was a waiting time in order. but there were quite different types of policies out there and also different schemes and levels to choose from. 

most temporary outlandish people could also stay in the health services or insurances from their home country.  

ivf was also not always for free under  health insurance funding in the netherlands, i think it was one of the most changing covering rules, in 2005 it was not full covered under the national health scheme in the netherlands, people had to pay between 3 and 5000 euro. as a result from this more people decide to choose for more then one embryo and that makes it more costly then cheaper in after care. 

to be certain we have to know what type of insurance they had at that time. 

if they had to pay by themselves it was 10250 euro's in 2004.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by tigger 05.01.14 5:12

Iirc it saysin the book that they were delighted to be eligible for IVF and there 's no mention of paying.
They didn't have to wait either for treatment to begin.
It looks to me that it was free, the more so as the money angle isn't mentioned in the book.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 05.01.14 5:44

maybe the took part in a research study on ivf, there were a lot of them in those years. that could have been a way to opt in for free.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic View next topic Back to top